Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E11: The Moral Minority

• Start Topic

44 minutes ago, DeeplyShallow said:

Re: the PTSD discussion (psychologist here):

PTSD is diagnosed 6 months after the traumatic event, if the patient exhibits a number of symptoms. What one can have immediately following an event is Acute Stress Disorder.

PTSD is not only for those who were in combat, but for anyone who was involved in or witness to a traumatic event. The diagnosis came about after vets came back from Vietnam, but anyone can be diagnosed with it.

In regard to the way Heather and Kelly were acting post- accident: stress, fear, and anxiety can cause people to act in ways one wouldn't necessarily expect. While a fan of neither, I'm not going to judge them for drinking and laughing at the campsite and then having a delayed reaction either. The mind is complex. It's a very self-protective act. The fear, anxiety, tears can come well after.

Thank You :)

• Love 4

Heather:. "I don't have Michael's number."

But Brianna DOES Heather.   You couldn't call her and ask for it?   No of course not   Otherwise you couldn't sanctimoniously call up two people who want nothing to do with Vicki and try to manipulate them and have the smug satisfaction of their refusal    

• Love 24
10 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

So, which scenario do we think happened:

1) Production didn't send a camera to Vicki's hospital

2) They didn't use the footage of Vicki going home alone in a hospital gown in an uber to avoid breaking the 4th wall.

And Vicki said she took Uber home. It's at least a 2 hour drive from Palm Springs to OC. If that's true, that's pretty shitty of production to not send a car for her. And one of her lazy ass kids could have gone and picked her up.

Tamra must've gone to the hospital in El Centro.

I like Heather because she keeps her calm, but I don't think she needed to go on the "I need an apology tour".

• Love 9

After Vicki has her near death experience and has barely been clinging to life, she's babysitting her grandsons while Brianna has the flu?  Yeah, Brianna, your mother is the only drama queen in your family.  It must be stressful, though, to have no one have a clue as to where your brother is.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

Yes, I remember that, but I don't understand what "casseroles" means here :( ... because I don't hink Vicky was waiting for REAL casseroles, pan or other kitchen/cooking material ^_^

(English is NOT my language, so there's probably a meaning / implication I don't get, and that's what I'm asking for),

Vicki wanted unquestioning sympathy and support from the others last season, hence her need for "casseroles". LOL

• Love 4
9 hours ago, breezy424 said:

And heck, H and K, you could have got an Uber.  So stop with the guilt trips.  You could have gone yourselves and given Vicks her purse and clothes.

Right? THEY were the ones who actually had her belongings. Yet they wanted Shannon and/or Megan to go shopping and bring her stuff to wear? Or go to her home and then back to the hospital? 

9 hours ago, breezy424 said:

WWHL - Tamra thought Vicks was exaggerating.  Poll question - whose side are you on?  72% said Meghan/Shannon.  The rest (other women) got 28%.

What was that she said about a nurse on-site? Someone said Vicki was turning her head just fine, back and forth, looking at what was going on, then when the nurse came she was all grabbing her neck and acting like she couldn't move it? I didn't quite get what Tamra said, but I thought it was something along those lines.

6 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I just might be less than sympathetic when the "victim" of an accident "texteses" me pictures of themselves boarded and collared the day of the accident. Who does this? Specially if they are the victim. Suuure morphine made her do it.

What I want to know is, who took that picture? Vicki didn't take it herself. Someone took it and sent it to her. 

1 hour ago, jkitty said:

This is the real issue of this episode. How much money did mapquest pay for all those mentions?! I did not even know mapquest still existed. I used to print off mapquest directions to friends' houses in like, 1999. Do these women still use AOL and altavista too? So odd. Who does not use google maps? Or maybe apple's built in map app? Mapquest?! Really?!!

Exactly! Word to your entire post. I'm a fit of giggles over here. AOL! Yes, maybe Heather can find an AOL chat room for PTSD. I use the Google app on my phone. Even back when I used MapQuest, it was horribly wrong 50% of the time!

• Love 8
11 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

So, when someone talked to Michael, you know-Vicky's SON- about not going, do you think they told him to go to hell?

no because no one knows mikey's address or phone number, he doesn't want family dropping by when he entertains his men friends.

• Love 2

the 'riding home in a paper gown via Uber' made me laugh.

We once had a guy show up in a cab wrapped up in a sheet because he couldn't get his pants up.

The screwdriver he was using, trying to get the perfume bottle stuck in his rectum, was in the way.

The hospital would have tossed her a pair of old scrubs to get home in.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Exactly! Word to your entire post. I'm a fit of giggles over here. AOL! Yes, maybe Heather can find an AOL chat room for PTSD. I use the Google app on my phone. Even back when I used MapQuest, it was horribly wrong 50% of the time!

And Meghan certainly didn't do MapQuest any favors....

• Love 3
1 hour ago, jkitty said:

This is the real issue of this episode. How much money did mapquest pay for all those mentions?! I did not even know mapquest still existed. I used to print off mapquest directions to friends' houses in like, 1999. Do these women still use AOL and altavista too? So odd. Who does not use google maps? Or maybe apple's built in map app? Mapquest?! Really?!!

I use MQ for shits and giggles - I can read a map and think GPS is solely for the use of people who don't know the sun rises in the east, sets in the west and are unable to find their way out of a paper bag. I have an old AOL address that I use when I sign up for shit - I don't want to give them a 'valid' email to fill with junk mail and I delivered supplies to an office near the Alta Vista CC in placentia

------

I want to nominate Jimbo for MVP of the season (most valuable prick) - Terry is second in the voting.

It kind of seems like Meghan didn't understand how bad the accident was and would have gone to the hospital. She seemed to really start to feel bad once Tamra explained how bad the accident was. She probably should have realized it when Vicki was airlifted, but it seems like Heather and Kelly left out some details. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Carolina Girl said:

Heather:. "I don't have Michael's number."

But Brianna DOES Heather.   You couldn't call her and ask for it?   No of course not   Otherwise you couldn't sanctimoniously call up two people who want nothing to do with Vicki and try to manipulate them and have the smug satisfaction of their refusal    

Pleather took it upon her self to be the "angel of bad tidings" and she deserves some of the blame for it.

She was calling people up without knowing anything past the point of 'we got into an accident' - call your fucking old man, but the next of kin calls should have been done later on, not immediately after.

Disseminating half truths, half conjecture and talking thru your underwear and jeans is stupid. Talk about crying wolf?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I thought morphine wasn't used very often because it's dangerous (incredibly potent and addictive) and a relic of the 1800's that's been replaced by safer meds. The only time I can remember morphine being used was when I administered morphine drops to Mom on her hospice deathbed.

I've worked as a ER nurse and will attest that morphine is given frequently for numerous issues. I also gave it a lot for pain as a nurse on a Med/surg unit. In ER it is given in IV form but many people with chronic pain take the oral form on a daily basis. Post surgical it is also given frequently in IV form. It is not going to be an addiction problem given as a short term IV drug and the doctors are not going to send one home with a prescription for the oral form in these scenarios. The people who take it orally are people with well documented chronic pain problems, often cancer patients for example.  

• Love 6
10 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I'm kind of seeing why Meghan and Jim are a good match. Neither one has much in the way of emotional depth. They both come across as so cold and self involved. Meghan doesn't seem to get she probably didn't have to actually do anything different, but if she had just expressed some empathy this probably would have blown over. Even her apology was so remote and distant. Also, why did she feel Heather was being patronizing? I mean not that Heather can't be, I just didn't get it in that situation.

Came back to add; I think since Meghan is sort of emotionally stupid she is missing a piece of what's going on with Heather. Heather's pretty fixated on the whole "you should see her. You're her friend." comment.  I don't think Heather thought of herself as Vicki's friend, more like a work colleague that was easier to get along with then not. Heather thought of herself as Meghan's friend! In her mind she wasn't asking Meghan to do a favor for non-friend Vicki, she was asking Meghan to do a favor for her friend Heather. She probably knew Meghan and Shannon wouldn't want to go but thought they would do it anyway for her. Instead Meghan kind of hems and haws. Heather felt like Meghan was making her beg and friends don't make friends beg for favors. But I don't think Meghan does subtle or complex so the idea that this is about her and Heather, not her and Vicki is lost on her.

That's a great observation.   Now considering what the request was, Heather needed to stop doing that read my mind nonsense and come out and say it.  I don't remember whose TH this was but someone, maybe even Heather, pointed out that it's wrong to expect people to do what you would based on what you find valuable.   Duh.

13 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

No one is better or louder about martyrdom than a Real Housewife. It seemed like most of Heather's problems stemmed from the fact that no one was particularly concerned about her injuries or the fact that she was in the accident. 

And I about died of laughter when she took offense to Meghan calling her patronizing when patronizing people is like one of the chief cornerstones of Heather's existence.

I believe Heather to be one of those people who not only enjoys sanctimony but necessitates it.   Unpopular opinion alert:  As circumstantially opportunistic as this accident was to Vickie's redemption, so was Heather Nightengale'ing at the scene.   Gimme a second before launching your tomatoes and other throwables.   She was an MVP for remaining calm and immediately tending to everyone else, even though she was also hurt.   But even when she does something (that should strike me as) incredibly impressive and guileless, I struggle not to consider it deliberate when it happens to so conveniently complement her Captain Save The Day cape.    She rolls around in that heroine shit.

12 hours ago, Irritable said:

What made this episode fun for me was whenever someone would say "go see Vicki" or "go to the hospital", I replaced it with "pick up that turd".  They ALL acted like going to see Vicki was the very last thing they wanted to do, and to ease their own consciences they all put the heat on someone else to do it.  If Vicki wasn't such an asshole, everyone would have found a way to go be with her, but she IS an asshole, and that's why everyone stood around uncomfortably pointing fingers away from themselves as to who should be the one to just take one for the team and go see her already.

"Ew, there's a turd on the floor, someone should pick that up."

"Well, it's not MY turd, I'm not picking it up."

"But you're closer to the turd than I am, so you should pick it up."

"You're the one who saw the turd first, so you pick it up."

"I can't pick up the turd because I am traumatized by seeing the turd first.  You pick it up."

Production would have gotten a car for whomever wanted to go, but the reality is that absolutely no one wanted to.  So I really don't get why they are all falling over each other trying to place blame on who was the most wrong for not wanting to pick up the turd, when it's perfectly natural for anyone who knows the turd  to not want anything to do with it.  I'm disappointed that Heather broke Megan down like that, because I don't think it was Megan's job more than anyone else's to take sweat pants to Vicki, for heaven's sake.  And speaking of production, no one from the show crew could go take Vicki some sweat pants?  I guess the "pick up that turd" game was going on behind the cameras as well as in front of them.

12 hours ago, Irritable said:

I never heard Heather and Kelly ask Megan and Shannon to go see Vicki, I heard them try to guilt and pressure them into it by using language that specifically avoided asking.    I wonder if they had said, "Would one of you please go see Vicki?  We can't do it in our situation, and since you aren't too far from her it would mean a lot if you could go to the hospital so she won't be alone during this really scary time" if things would have gone differently?  I think maybe they would have.  I know that I do not respond well at all to someone trying to guilt me into doing something that I don't think is my responsibility any more than anyone else's...I will dig in my heels just like Megan did.

Me too.  Especially not hers.   

And if they had and she flat out said no, I'd still be ok with it.   Because if the yardstick for doing the right thing is an exhibition of compassion, what Vicki has proven with all the women but particularly Meghan and Shannon is she is owed exactly one empty casserole dish of fucks.   Cancer lie is the least of it, I'm talking about her treatment and personal interaction with them.   

12 hours ago, mothmonsterman said:

An appropriate time to visit an associate (if at all) after they have been in an accident would be after the fact. You do not go running into the hospital with them, unless you were there, and were not seriously hurt. That is a time for family mostly, boyfriends, lovers, good friends, not your co-workers. Your co-workers come when you're recovering and home or in the hospital, if it is a lengthy stay (which their's was not) They bring a balloon; a card, some flowers, and ask how you're holding up.

That's etiquette. At least as far as I know it.

You know whose responsibility it was to go?   One or both of the two people she grew in her uterus for 40 weeks.   Absent Meghan's knowledge of whether or not they went, I still don't get why it was hers.    The "right" thing is determined by the person defining right.   Right?  Go and do what exactly, get credit for keeping the chairs in the waiting room warm?  

11 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Still have the same position I had last week.  Neither Meg or Shannon had any obligation to go to the hospital.  If Kelly and Heather were soooo concerned, they could have went themselves.  Meg said it was an hour for them.  Heather and Kelly said it was two.  On WWHL, Tamra pushed it up to three.  Heather and Kelly were still bitching about it when Tamra got back from the hospital.  From my experience with ED's, you don't get out of there quickly.  They could have been there by then.   And heck, H and K, you could have got an Uber.  So stop with the guilt trips.  You could have gone yourselves and given Vicks her purse and clothes.  Or they could have sent Kelly's husband if you two were sooo worried.

What about Michael?  I don't have his number replies Heather.  Um. You've been in contact with Brianna, his sister.  I'd think she'd have it.  If Vicks was texting Meg, she was texting Heather and Kelly as well.  Hey Vicks, you have Michael's number?  Heck, Vicks could have called Michael.

WireWrap is right.  Vicks went from scrubs to a paper gown.  You go for that sympathy Vicks any way you can get it.  No one brought a casserole when Vicks got home.  She must be pissed.

And Heather continues to go on about it all after the trip.  She has PTSD.  Yet she can go to restaurants and articulate quite well.  Side eye here.

David did have the best line of the episode.  I doubt Vicks would come to either Meg's or Shannon side if they were in the same situation.  Yeah, I may be coming across as not so nice or even cruel but this is Vickie, the woman who has always been the woman all about herself  and 'work'. 

WWHL - Tamra thought Vicks was exaggerating.  Poll question - whose side are you on?  72% said Meghan/Shannon.  The rest (other women) got 28%.

All this.    It's now after the accident, Vicki and Brianna are on the phone and Vicki's telling her how she feels and Brianna's response is I have a treatment today.   But Meghan, her frenemy, should be held to a higher level of concern than her own daughter.  

11 hours ago, Moncheechee said:

Am I on glue?  Does Tamra think it was her careful, responsible driving that caused the dune buggy flip of (near) death?  I get if she's mad that the truth is getting disseminated and blown up, but the way to deal with that is to say to her friends that she's sorry and ashamed and can we please keep it down?  Instead she thinks that Hulking out is the answer?  The fuck?  Did someone drop her on her head as a child?

I am so on Detective MKE's side with everything.  While she didn't rush to Vicki's temporary hospital cot, she corresponded with Vicki to find out how she was (besides, of course, screaming about how this is the worst thing that ever happened to anyone while making vomiting sounds -- and btw, how can Vicki both complain about other people making those noises while doing it herself for 400 seasons?).  MKE determined, like Vicki's own children, that this wasn't a life or death situation requiring a trip to the hospital.  MKE also kept in touch with awful Briana, a nurse, in case things changed.  Then Detective MKE detected via Mapquest (or whatever) that those more emotionally close to Vicki were almost as close to the hospital as she was.  Learning that this wasn't a life-or-death situation, MKE suggested that those who could bring Vicki comfort should go to the hospital instead of her, an antagonistic co-worker. 

MKE actually did a lot.  She took over triage pretty well, which I have to think Heather knows.  Heather also knows that someone from the production side either went with Vicki on the helicopter or arrived shortly after and sent information back to the production crew in Glamis who may or may not have shared information about Vicki's injuries.  No matter how much Heather may pretend that random cameras everywhere are capturing some assholes' real lives, that is not the case.  This is a production; this was a workplace accident; and, Heather and Kelly were trying to shame MKE into being their look-i-loo by proxy.  Not cool, Heather.  (I don't expect any better from Kelly because she seems like a long-time alcoholic suffering from wet-brain.)

Beautifully worded.    

p.s.  I'm stealing am I on glue, don't get mad if you see it in another thread.  lol.

4 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

Yes, I remember that, but I don't understand what "casseroles" means here :( ... because I don't hink Vicky was waiting for REAL casseroles, pan or other kitchen/cooking material ^_^

(English is NOT my language, so there's probably a meaning / implication I don't get, and that's what I'm asking for),

Diane, somebody defined what a casserole was but in case your question was what is it symbolic of - sharing food with someone in a crisis is a gesture of consideration and kindness which basically translates to:  you're going through a lot right now, I can help by at a minimum alleviating a mundane but necessary task like cooking.   A casserole dish is the ceramic pot and lid in which you can prepare, heat and serve from the same container for convenience.

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
even with spell check, I suck.
  • Love 22

I'm getting so, SO sick of Heather as the constant scold. Vicki has a family. Her daughter was informed, but was too sick to come. But I doubt she was too sick to pick up the phone and inform her brother of the situation, nor were the other ladies incapable of saying, "Hey, Briana, can I have your brother's number so I can let him know?" Why the hell should it be Meghan's problem with schlep to the hospital and sit in a waiting room for someone she doesn't particularly care for? So Heather -- with an assist from Tamara -- has to work overtime to make Meghan feel like shit for being such a horrible human being for not dragging her ass into a situation not of her own making and with really fuck-all to do with her. And Heather had to keep ramping up the drama. It went from her being in a dune buggy that rolled, to her being in "a major car accident". Give me a fucking break! And in all this guilting, did anyone bother to toss off a cursory, "Oh, congrats on getting knocked up after working your ass off for the longest time to make it happen"? No, not so much. Priorities, anyone?

• Love 21
12 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

If it was THAT important that someone be with Vicki why didn't Tamra's mother go?  Or one of the guys?  Why is it the two who are doing something else entirely to drop everything for the lying ass drama queen.   I thought there were only three Stygeon Witches.   Apparently there are four.    

Congrats Heather.   You turned my fondness for you into complete dislike.  Get. Stuffed.  

My bolding. Tamra's mom was too busy drinking beer and being on TV to be concerned about her own daughter let alone go see Vicki.

• Love 16

So is Krazy Kelly all besties with the Heather, Tamra and Vicki now? What the what ? That was the fastest turn around I have ever seen. Hugging it out at Vicki's and all three of them telling Vicki on the phone while they were all still camping that they loved her?  I thought Meghan was a good friend of Kelly's before going on the show, now Kelly is throwing her under the bus, she was slinging some pretty harsh shit behind Meghans back last night.  

Also interesting, on WWHL last night, Tamra was on and said that Vicki was definitely exaggerating her injuries for attention. That Tams is a real swell gal, friend till the bitter end!

• Love 7

I am 100% team Meghan and Shannon on this one and I was also a little disappointed that Meghan went and apologized to Vicki. 

If Heather and Kelly were SOOOOO concerned they could have packed their shit up and gone to go see her.  Heather even had a driver ffs.

I would not have gone to the hospital to see someone who had treated me so terribly in the past, especially since she had been texting her and sending selfies? 

• Love 22

See what happens Vicki when you embrace and nurture your narcissistic self?    You get nothing, nada, zilch. Exactly what you deserve. Even your con man boyfriend couldn't stand you anymore.    

I would of sent a too small mildewed old Sky top for her to wear,along with those hideous season 1 brown pants.

A strawberry smoothie transfusion from the fake cancer doctor in the fake rent an office.

A luxury 1988 dilapidated family van with no driver. Happy Trails bitch !

• Love 22

Poor Eddie.   This should have been a fun time for him to hang with his dudes, dunebuggying by day , drinking beer by the fire at night.  Then the screeching middle aged hag posse shows up to ruin it all.  I thought he couldn't stand Vicki.  

Tamra looked about 105 years old during that odd bench press attempt.  Why was she using a bench without a rack, why wasn't she being spotted,   Why was she doing a rather heavy workout so soon after the "horrific " crash, and how did she get the bar  in position to do presses with her bad back and all?    

Vicki holding court in her neck brace looked even more Rocky Dennis like than ever.   I don't feel bad for saying that, since she willfully fucked up her face.  She paid people to make her look deformed.   

Couldnt Vicki or Tamras pasture go to the hospital?  Isn't that what pastures do?  

• Love 19
18 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

I'm getting so, SO sick of Heather as the constant scold. Vicki has a family. Her daughter was informed, but was too sick to come. But I doubt she was too sick to pick up the phone and inform her brother of the situation, nor were the other ladies incapable of saying, "Hey, Briana, can I have your brother's number so I can let him know?" Why the hell should it be Meghan's problem with schlep to the hospital and sit in a waiting room for someone she doesn't particularly care for? So Heather -- with an assist from Tamara -- has to work overtime to make Meghan feel like shit for being such a horrible human being for not dragging her ass into a situation not of her own making and with really fuck-all to do with her. And Heather had to keep ramping up the drama. It went from her being in a dune buggy that rolled, to her being in "a major car accident". Give me a fucking break! And in all this guilting, did anyone bother to toss off a cursory, "Oh, congrats on getting knocked up after working your ass off for the longest time to make it happen"? No, not so much. Priorities, anyone?

Tamra, Heather and Kelly had better things to do and the photos to prove it:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/photos/the-rhoc-wives-go-camping-in-glamis/item/10850631  They had a birthday party for Eddie that night and have the cake and the matching jerseys to prove it.

So why is it Eddie's birthday was more important than Meghan's golf game and dinner? I could almost understand if after the accident Heather loaded up her son and driver and said she needed to get home, Kelly would have loaded up her daughter and husband and driven back with them but no they had a party to attend.  I hope Meghan references the party in her blog. 

• Love 20

I don't know how to feel about this episode. The accident was real and it quickly became the storyline, I could not take the shit stirring. And whenever I heard PTSD, I rolled my eyes.  Heather over-enunciating when she was talking to Meghan. They were all like nagging mothers to Meghan, except for Shannon. I was with Shannon on this, not believing what she was hearing out of Heather's mouth. I can see Tamra constantly trying to insert conflict to keep the drama going. So tired of it.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, koolkids said:

This is all so much BS.  Vicki's kids couldn't be bothered to tend to her and she has no friends.  Why is this Megan's fault?  

Regarding your second sentence:  If I were Vicki, I would start doing some serious soul-searching and try like hell to change my ways.  I can't imagine anything worse than dying alone, and that seems to be a real possibility for Vicki.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I use MapQuest and never had any problems. Now that I got a hand-me-down TomTom, I make print outs of MQ to give me an idea of what to expect as far how the area appears. I like know why the GPS is telling me to turn left, I guess.

2 minutes ago, Anna525 said:

I don't know how to feel about this episode. The accident was real and it quickly became the storyline, I could not take the shit stirring. And whenever I heard PTSD, I rolled my eyes.  Heather over-enunciating when she was talking to Meghan. They were all like nagging mothers to Meghan, except for Shannon. I was with Shannon on this, not believing what she was hearing out of Heather's mouth. I can see Tamra constantly trying to insert conflict to keep the drama going. So tired of it.

My gawd, has PTSD replaced "bullying" as the phrase de jour? I was tired of them playing hot potato with visiting duty for Vicki at the end of the last ep, so them repeating it and pointing fingers this week bored me. Everyone knew Vicki was going to milk this for what it was worth in order to gain everyone's sympathies and wanted someone else to take one for the team.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I think Meghan forgot to change the location when she pulled up the mapping app so it defaulted to the current GPS location of the phone as the starting point and she got the 40ish minutes that Heather had said in the first place. Because Meghan is...special.

Yes!  She cannot operate a GPS, but can feel exactly where the boy and girl eggs are in her nonexistent baby bump.  She is dumb.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

Re: the PTSD discussion (psychologist here):

PTSD is diagnosed 6 months after the traumatic event, if the patient exhibits a number of symptoms. What one can have immediately following an event is Acute Stress Disorder.

Truth.  Thank you.  And most trauma-related PTSD is not from a single episode but ongoing circumstances, such as combat, poverty, abuse, etc.

Vicki was later interviewed and said production called Donn who lives in Palm Springs and he wouldn't go see her.  As much money as she's paid him, he should have gone.

I think the housewives didn't go because production told them not to.  Filming that day was already scheduled and in place.  No hospital would let cameras inside their facility.  This way, there's more of a storyline.

Brianna always throws Vicki under the bus.  It was during a reunion that she said Vicki and Brooks text and say I love you all of the time.  

• Love 9

Someone please explain why they were all so pissed at Meghan and Shannon gets a pass?  Was it because Meghan didn't even bother to tell Shannon about the accident until later when they were on the golf course?  There must be more to it than was shown. 

Oh, and if anybody was going to call Vicki's son, it should have been Brianna as soon as she found out about the accident. Call your brother and let him know what happened to your mom, for Chrissakes! At least that's how it would work in my family. Do these two siblings not ever speak at all??

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I believe Heather to be one of those people who not only enjoys sanctimony but necessitates it.   Unpopular opinion alert:  As opportunistically circumstantial as this accident was to Vickie's redemption, so was Heather Nightengale'ing at the scene.   Gimme a second before launching your tomatoes and other throwables.   She was an MVP for remaining calm and immediately tending to everyone else, even though she was also hurt.   But even when she does something (that should strike me as) incredibly impressive and guileless, I struggle not to consider it deliberate when it happens to so conveniently complement her Captain Save The Day cape.  

I 100% agree with this. Heather is a definite type 'A' personality. Everything she does, she wants to do the best.  That includes being the rescue queen.  There is a payoff for her but it is also innate to who she is at her core. I mean they don't call her fancy pants for nothing. I feel for her on the level that, as It can be a blessing and curse type of personality. She gets positive attention for it but also exhausting to always have to be that person.

But in a traumatic event, people operate on their true or core self. So when she says she was in shock, I buy it as she was operating on her default personality.  But yeah, she definitely gets a payoff for her behavior. Then later when the dust has settled, she gets to thinking about it and gets angry as in, "wait a minute, I was also in that accident, why is no one recognizing this fact?"  "Where is my sympathy?" 

On the other end of the spectrum you have Vicki being the total s***/attention hog and that is also Vicki at her core.  

• Love 9

I can understand why Kelly, Heather, and Tamra wanted Meghan and Shannon to go, but I can also understand why they did not, more so Shannon than Meghan. Shannon has made it clear she does not want a relationship with Vicki, but Meghan seemed to be a bit more than cordial when she went to see Vicki for her birthday. So while I do not think Meghan and Vicki will be great friends, I do think their relationship was somewhat a step above coworkers at the time. It seemed that Meghan was on the fence. She looked like she was getting along fine with Vicki in Palm Springs, but when she was with Shannon she agreed with Shannon that she could not get past the faux cancer either, but then she goes to visit Vicki after the accident and acts like they are a bit more than coworkers. Maybe not friends, but maybe work friends or something? 

I think my problem with Meghan was she did not seem to have much empathy for the situation. I have had people and coworkers that I disliked get into or have family get into accidents or medical emergencies, and I feel bad and concerned for them and their family. The way Meghan sort of brushed it off by Mapquesting just felt off to me. I thought Heather and even Kelly were not sitting around laughing and popping open beers. Kelly did have a beer, but it did not sound like they were laughing off the accident. The repeated calls that they made did not sound like they were diminishing what happened. I would think Meghan would have realized it was bigger than she thought was when Heather said Vicki was airlifted out. 

Meghan did text Vicki, but I cannot recall what she said in that text. I can see her not visiting Vicki, but a phone call (possibly leaving a message) or text that conveyed concern and maybe if there is anything she needed, because she was closer than the others or someone she wanted contacted might have been nice. 

I would imagine if Vicki asked for a sick selfie from the crash site it would have been on camera or in the episode. I guess I assumed that someone who was there took the picture and sent it to Vicki. I thought Vicki was in too much hysterics during the whole thing to think of asking for a selfie. I do think Vicki cannot really complain that no one went to the hospital, because she brought that upon herself.

The timeline is confusing (probably because I do not remember it well). Tamra appeared at the camp after three/three and a half hours? Heather, Kelly, and Tamra's mom were watching the kids. They facetimed Vicki somewhere in there. It was about two hours to get to the hospital where Vicki was from their campsite? I can kind of see why that did not go. Really, I can only see Kelly going. I could see Tamra if she was not injured, and Heather going if she was closer. Though, they were all in the accident so I could see why they would not want to jump in a car and go, or since they facetimed with Vicki they felt they could not really do anything or Vicki did not mention anything to them. I bet Vicki secretly loves that she had to go home in an Uber with scrubs on. She will milk that as much as possible. I hope she shows up to the reunion with her neck brace on.

• Love 5

I am giving Megan a little slack for caving in to Heather's whining. Under normal circumstances she would have told Heather, Tamra, and Kelly to suck it, but she is feeling vulnerable and emotional from the hormonal roller coaster of in vitro and early pregnancy. Megan also mentioned feeling depressed and having a history with depression. This is her first pregnancy, and it didn't come easy, so it is probably confusing and upsetting to feel depressed when she thinks she should be overjoyed. 

Holy crap on the preview for next week! David's Mother is telling people that Shannon pushed him into having an affair?! Just.... WOW. 

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Regarding your second sentence:  If I were Vicki, I would start doing some serious soul-searching and try like hell to change my ways.  I can't imagine anything worse than dying alone, and that seems to be a real possibility for Vicki.

Maybe Vicki can work something out with Bethenny Frankel, that if either one of them has to go to the hospital, the other will show up and pretend to care.

• Love 13

Brianna is the least concerned of the whole group, Michael is absent, Vicki has no friends, she has a large staff, I am sure someone from production was in the ER,  and Vicki has a wallet full of credit cards to get Palm Springs TJ Maxx to drop off a 2 sizes too small Kasper suit and some Keds. No sympathy from me .

this is from last ep but fuck Kelly for calling Brianna and shrieking they had a "bad accident " and Vicki hurt her neck "bad", I literally had to answer a ringing cell phone at an accident scene last week and I very calmly stuck to facts. Kelly's unstable and nuts. She was so inflammatory and hysterical. No pass from me. Buckle your helmet dumbass. 

Heather is freaking out but I love her. I am giving her a PTSD pass. She was in boss mode, large and in charge, commandeering Meghan to go to the hospital,  and in shock for a good long time and says herself she was having lingering PTSD. she'll come around she gets a pass from me for now.

if I was newly prego with  highish risk implantation I wouldn't go to a hospital either. MERSA? Strep? No thanks. Not to mention I'm on vacation. Esp not for Vicki and especially is the baby's dad (even though he's a total ass) doesn't think it's a good idea either. And Shannon didn't really have good info.

Tamballs kinda lost her shit too giving Meghan a hard time and telling her to go to hell. Shock. I shake my head every time she is hanging her star on a fitness competition . I don't get it . She doesn't look that good and she's killing herself to get there. (As I reach for Doritos.....)

Previews. Poor Shannon. 

• Love 16

My biggest take away from all this is that no one will ever out sick Brianna.  It's hard to listen to Vicki's clinging to life, slowly escaping the dark, abyss of death tale of woe, only to hear she's babysitting her grandsons.  Really?  Both of Vicki's kids maybe educated and employed, but, God they both seem like horrible people.

• Love 15
14 hours ago, RachelRhae73 said:

Regardless of how evil Vicki is, if I lived 40 minutes from the hospital, I would have stopped by out of compassion, nothin says you have to stay, stop in check in on her  & go home.

Stopping in would not have been good enough.  Heather and Kelly want you to take clothing to her--including underwear and shoes in the right size--probably something to eat and drink too.  THEN...drive her home!  It doesn't matter that no one conveyed it.  You should have known and you should have done it!

• Love 14
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Ahhhh, so now we're getting down to it. So THEY couldn't leave, not because they didn't have vehicles, but because the main event still hadn't happened. But the two people least friendly with Vicki were supposed to break up their couples weekend to go awkwardly lurk around the ER waiting room with a sweatsuit from the nearest K-Mart?

And I think there were cars there - there was one scene where I clearly saw 2 cars parked near their campers.   And did everyone arrive in campers - even Kelly's husband and daughter?  There were parts I missed, I know, but my impression was that her husband and daughter arrived separately.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

I would pay big money to put a couple of these women on that show.

God no, please!  I don't want to see Vicki naked and... anything!

2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

What was that she said about a nurse on-site? Someone said Vicki was turning her head just fine, back and forth, looking at what was going on, then when the nurse came she was all grabbing her neck and acting like she couldn't move it? I didn't quite get what Tamra said, but I thought it was something along those lines.

Vicki and Tamra must have had a falling out recently, because she definitely called her out on WWHL last night.  She made it seem like they are not friends at all. 

Tamra is so disgusting.  I mean, Vicki is the worst, but Tamra is such an asshole.  Also, her face was all jacked up, she must have recently had a face lift or something, as her eyes were pulled up, but not evenly... so she looked grotesque.  She needs to call her buddy Terry to un-botch her face.

29 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

A luxury 1988 dilapidated family van with no driver. Happy Trails bitch !

I wish someone would have sent her a faaaaaaamily vaaaaaannnnn to pick her up from the hospital.

22 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Vicki holding court in her neck brace looked even more Rocky Dennis like than ever.   I don't feel bad for saying that, since she willfully fucked up her face.  She paid people to make her look deformed.   

HA!  She is full-on Rocky Dennis. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Watching the two I dislike the most, Meghan and Heather, go at it over their watermelon salad lunch made the episode for me! 

While I don't subscribe to the eating for 2 mumbo jumbo while pregnant (even though I ate for 10 during both of my pregnancies! lol),I sure hope Meghan eats more filling foods than a watermelon salad during her pregnancy!

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, MerryMary said:

Vicki was later interviewed and said production called Donn who lives in Palm Springs and he wouldn't go see her.  As much money as she's paid him, he should have gone.

NO!  Please...no.  Donn finally escaped all her lies and drama.  A visit would just start it all over again.  Vicki wanted to get rid of him so Braggin' Brooks could continue to fill her (ugh!) love tank.  Production, call Brooks to see her--he'd love the screen time and the stipend.  No matter how much money Donn was awarded in the divorce, it wasn't enough.  

• Love 17

Good episode!

I still don't understand why Vicki wasn't taken to the same hospital as Tamra.

Way to erase the goodwill from last week, Fancypants.

Miss "I can't breathe-I'm so sick-I'm so depressed" calling her mother out for being dramatic? Yeah, you can shut your piehole any minute now, Brianna.

The Beador Girls Band? Beador in-laws?

excited-gif20.gif

• Love 6
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Tamra, Heather and Kelly had better things to do and the photos to prove it:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/photos/the-rhoc-wives-go-camping-in-glamis/item/10850631  They had a birthday party for Eddie that night and have the cake and the matching jerseys to prove it.

So why is it Eddie's birthday was more important than Meghan's golf game and dinner? I could almost understand if after the accident Heather loaded up her son and driver and said she needed to get home, Kelly would have loaded up her daughter and husband and driven back with them but no they had a party to attend.  I hope Meghan references the party in her blog. 

And why wasn't this shown?  Are they waiting for the "outtakes" episode?

And did they save a matching jersey for Vicki?  That's what they should have taken to the hospital for her to wear home!

• Love 5

My biggest take away from all this is that no one will ever out sick Brianna.  It's hard to listen to Vicki's clinging to life, slowly escaping the dark, abyss of death tale of woe, only to hear she's babysitting her grandsons.  Really?  Both of Vicki's kids maybe educated and employed, but, God they both seem like horrible people.

I've never understood all the hate Brianna gets. The fact that she could be raised by Vicki and not only remain sane, but go into a selfless profession like nursing tells me she's a pretty amazing person. It's not fun to have even minor chronic health issues, let alone major ones, especially if you have two kids you have to run after all by yourself. The son might be a serial killer (as Tamara's son surely is), but Brianna's aces with me.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, OhIgetit said:

So in the world according to Vicki it is ok to not go to chemotherapy treatments and sit with the man you love, but people who you have called disgusting a vile have to rush to your side when you are in the ER?

EGAD!!!   Somebody stop me!   I keep reading these comments and can't help myself.  THIS. IS. A. GEM!!  

ALSO...this episode's postings are very popular.  Last time I looked, KOOLKIDS had 59 Likes!!

• Love 6