Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E11: The Moral Minority

• Start Topic

Jim made a few comments that I thought were telling.

I've had the feeling that Jim's first season on the show soured him on the whole thing and that is part of why he is so standoffish with Meghan's whole storyline even though its a pregnancy.

At their dinner he said something pissy about how all of this would put the attention on him. 

I do think that he and Meghan worked something out that she could stay on the show if he was left out of as much as possible.

I do not think he'll be happy that Meghan has made Jim's absence during the IVF stuff her storyline.

• Love 15
Just now, Irritable said:

What made this episode fun for me was whenever someone would say "go see Vicki" or "go to the hospital", I replaced it with "pick up that turd".  They ALL acted like going to see Vicki was the very last thing they wanted to do, and to ease their own consciences they all put the heat on someone else to do it.  If Vicki wasn't such an asshole, everyone would have found a way to go be with her, but she IS an asshole, and that's why everyone stood around uncomfortably pointing fingers away from themselves as to who should be the one to just take one for the team and go see her already.

"Ew, there's a turd on the floor, someone should pick that up."

"Well, it's not MY turd, I'm not picking it up."

"But you're closer to the turd than I am, so you should pick it up."

"You're the one who saw the turd first, so you pick it up."

"I can't pick up the turd because I am traumatized by seeing the turd first.  You pick it up."

Production would have gotten a car for whomever wanted to go, but the reality is that absolutely no one wanted to.  So I really don't get why they are all falling over each other trying to place blame on who was the most wrong for not wanting to pick up the turd, when it's perfectly natural for anyone who knows the turd  to not want anything to do with it.  I'm disappointed that Heather broke Megan down like that, because I don't think it was Megan's job more than anyone else's to take sweat pants to Vicki, for heaven's sake.  And speaking of production, no one from the show crew could go take Vicki some sweat pants?  I guess the "pick up that turd" game was going on behind the cameras as well as in front of them.

Hilarious

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

What quack gave Vicki morphine?  She didn't have any traumatic injuries.   Bunch of shit.  She's a fucking liar face with whiplash.  

I never liked David and that Simon Cowell looking guy, but after this episode I'll buy a candle.    

What sucks is that the accident likely bought Vicki another season.   God how I loathe her. I wouldn't have gone to deliver sweat pants to her fat ass either.  She has family who did not go see her, and she had the financial means to get home.   Fuck her.  Let her lie in the bed she made and choke on a casserole. 

Vicki is the "Original O.G. from O.C." I don't think she will ever be fired from this show. If she leaves, it will be of her own free will, which I don't think she will because the money is too good.

• Love 5

Here's the thing, if the other women hadn't also been in a terrifying accident, the convo with Meghan would never have happened. They would have gone to see her. But with their injuries (both physical and mental) and Brianna being sick, they needed reinforcements. For Meghan not to go shows not only a total lack of compassion for Vicky, but also for the other woman with whom she claims to be friends. Jesus, just go do the right thing because your friends asked you to and stop trying to prove a point.

Meghan's performance at Vicki's was cringe-worthy and a basket of deplorables. 

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 23
24 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

I can buy it. I put on makeup while having a mini stroke and only being able to use one arm.

I probably couldn't have done my hair though

Why was Vicki wearing a neck brace anyway? If her neck was injured bad enough to wear a brace, I'm assuming the doctor would have kept her in the hospital. At least I'm assuming.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

I worried and don't know what's going on with me.  I've warmed a bit to Tamra who is one of my most hated housewives of all time. Ditto to kind of liking heather now. I used to like Shannon, especially in her first season. Now I can't stand her.  I'll always love to hate Vicki, but I felt kind of bad for her today. I still despise Meghan, so at least there is that

Co-sign on all!

• Love 6

This episode just makes me sick because it has me defending Meghan.   Ugh.   I just hatr that feeling.   She was right IMO.   She and Vicki don't break bread.   Why should she be forced to carry on Heather's orders??  ?  The only thing I did agree with was from TamraTox when she said if Meghan and Vicki won't be friendly then why go to the V-Day party.  But she had to fuck it up by telling Meghan to go to hell at the end.  Like really bitch. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, denbblbg said:

Meghan sure threw Tamra under the bus quick! I've never liked Meghan.

Well, Tamra told her that she got a bit brave/reckless on the high dunes and that was when the accident happened, so she was only repeating what Tamra said. And, on top of that, Tamra told her more about the accident than Heather/Kelly did in the first place.

32 minutes ago, BloggerAloud said:

No one is better or louder about martyrdom than a Real Housewife. It seemed like most of Heather's problems stemmed from the fact that no one was particularly concerned about her injuries or the fact that she was in the accident. 

And I about died of laughter when she took offense to Meghan calling her patronizing when patronizing people is like one of the chief cornerstones of Heather's existence.

None of them asked about her, not Tamra, Kelly or Vicki, not one of them asked if she was hurt.

10 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

Not sure why people are surprised that Vicki got Morphine. That's given out A LOT in medical situations. My mother hurt her thumb last month and the first thing they did in the ER was give her morphine. I can't tell you how many times my husband and I have been given morphine for minor things. We've actually turned it down a few time because we didn't need it

You do not give someone with possible head trauma/concussion morphine and it is not a good idea for patients with neck/back/spinal trauma in the first 24/48 hours either. It makes it harder to catch something that may have been missed directly after an accident.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, BlackMamba said:

This episode just makes me sick because it has me defending Meghan.   Ugh.   I just hatr that feeling.   She was right IMO.   She and Vicki don't break bread.   Why should she be forced to carry on Heather's orders??  ?  The only thing I did agree with was from TamraTox when she said if Meghan and Vicki won't be friendly then why go to the V-Day party.  But she had to fuck it up by telling Meghan to go to hell at the end.  Like really bitch. 

But Meghan plays both sides IMO. When she is alone with Vicki, she acts friendly towards her. But when Meghan gets around the other women, particularly Shannon, she acts like she is still angry with her about events that transpired last season and that she doesn't want to be Vicki's friend.  And on tonight's episode, she tried to shift blame to Heather and Tamra to distract away from the fact that she didn't want to go see Vicki in the hospital. If Meghan doesn't want to be friends with Vicki, fine. Own up to that fact. But she needs to stop sending Vicki mixed signals.

• Love 20
14 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

Why was Vicki wearing a neck brace anyway? If her neck was injured bad enough to wear a brace, I'm assuming the doctor would have kept her in the hospital. At least I'm assuming.

Maybe/Maybe not. First let me say  that unfortunately my hubby and i have a whole lot of experiences with hospitals. 2 weeks ago yesterday he had surgery and they put a neurostimulator in his back. He has two large incisions on his back. One on his spine that's like 4 inches long and one on his hip that is a little bigger. We were at the surgical center at 1 AM and on the way home by 43O the same day. We leave for Norway on Thursday.   His surgeons are fine with it. You would be surprised at how fast people get in and out of the hospital. At this point the neck brace on Vicki is maybe a precaution for a couple of weeks?

I seriously doubt  medical professionals are putting their license on the line to improperly treat someone on a reality show.

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Well, Tamra told her that she got a bit brave/reckless on the high dunes and that was when the accident happened, so she was only repeating what Tamra said. And, on top of that, Tamra told her more about the accident than Heather/Kelly did in the first place.

None of them asked about her, not Tamra, Kelly or Vicki, not one of them asked if she was hurt.

You do not give someone with possible head trauma/concussion morphine and it is not a good idea for patients with neck/back/spinal trauma in the first 24/48 hours either. It makes it harder to catch something that may have been missed directly after an accident.

Ah, Thanks Wirewrap. I know morphine is given out a lot, but I admit to have no experience at all with head or neck trauma

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

I'm sure Meghan knew that filming was going on. She seems smart so I would think she would have realized this would not look good for her.

I think the husbands kind of screwed this one up for them.  Both Shannon and Meghan had an impulse that maybe they should go, even if it was just because of filming or Heather was getting pissed at them to the point of hanging up and sending angry texts.  But the husbands just flat out said they shouldn't go and that gave them enough of an excuse to do what they wanted to do which was avoid Vicki.

Meghan is truly an idiot. I can't believe she managed to take what would have been something that would have been viewed as a transgression against Vicki, that the other women would have let go with an apology de to faux cancer, and turn it into a grudge match with Heather and Tamra.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 3
Just now, JennyMominFL said:

Ah, Thanks Wirewrap. I know morphine is given out a lot, but I admit to have no experience at all with head or neck trauma

It is imperative that any symptoms, life threatening ones, are not masked by meds like morphine/dilaudid...ect. If she was given morphine, that means she didn't have a concussion, as she claimed, or any neck/spinal injuries beyond mild mid level muscle bruising. IMO, she is milking it and that is why Briana was so dismissive towards her.

4 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

After an accident it usually isn't a good idea to drink alcohol.  Just sayin'.

Nope, it is not! LOL 

• Love 23
33 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

Not judging on the go/don't go thing right now.  Because I fully acknowledge that Brianna is thinking Vicki is faking and she is well enough to take care of he kids (unless there is an unmentioned babysitter).

I just thought it was very interesting to watch Meghan gradually realize how badly she mishandled this from a reality show persona perspective and the evolution of trying to dig herself out by digging a deeper hole.

First going after Heather for not going to the hospital to spread the blame for not going.  She's not closer.  And yes, both Brianna and Vicki's son are not closer.  Thanks for the google tips.  I think that one of the kids should have still gone.

Meghan and Shannon's 'oh shit' reactions when Tamra yelled at them over the phone was hysterical.  That was a pure 'how did I end up with the bad edit' freak out.

Then it was unclear that it was serious. And she and Jim said they talked about it right away.  Well, they didn't air that if it happened.

Then she goes to Vicki and tries to direct Vicki's rage at Tamra's recklessness, hoping no one gossiped to Vicki.  I do not like Vicki, but watching Meghan pretend that none of the conversations with Heather happened while Vicki let Meghan ramble until she went after Tamra on camera was Machiavellian in .a 'you pissed off Tamra and Heather and I'll let them take you down while I act like I'm above it all' way.

Yes! That's why I loved this episode! So many layers and machinations, it was delicious!

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

It is imperative that any symptoms, life threatening ones, are not masked by meds like morphine/dilaudid...ect. If she was given morphine, that means she didn't have a concussion, as she claimed, or any neck/spinal injuries beyond mild mid level muscle bruising. IMO, she is milking it and that is why Briana was so dismissive towards her.

Nope, it is not! LOL 

So is it actually common then to give morphine for someone less injured, like Vicki?  I mean, My mother fell and hurt her thumb and her leg was sore and they gave  her morphine. Maybe they gave it to her after determining no head injury. They also give it to my husband a lot when he goes to the ER with chest pain.

• Love 1

I have every expectation that Shannon's TH will be classic if the 'we were in an accident' solidarity lasts until Shannon sees everyone in a group setting.  As Kelly was apologizing to Heather for misjudging her I was thinking that if Shannon could just see this.

Really, I have whiplash from how fast the dynamics of this group changed.  I wonder if it will last.  I think that Meghan's tact with Heather/Tamra will ensure it does for a while. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Here's the thing, if the other women hadn't also been in a terrifying accident, the convo with Meghan would never have happened. They would have gone to see her. But with their injuries (both physical and mental) and Brianna being sick, they needed reinforcements. For Meghan not to go shows not only a total lack of compassion for Vicky, but also for the other woman with whom she claims to be friends. Jesus, just go do the right thing because your friends asked you to and stop trying to prove a point.

Meghan's performance at Vicki's was cringe-worthy and a basket of deplorables. 

Tamra said that the roll bar hit Heather in her helmeted head. Kelly's helmet flew off as they rolled. I keep thinking of Natasha Richardson who fell down while skiing and died. I was in a roll-over accident like this. I had no injuries,  but my body hurt for a week and it took 2 or 3 days before my head worked right.

Meghan kept saying that they sounded like they were partying and laughing. Maybe Heather and Kelly were in shock. Maybe they had head injuries. Not to mention, they had just been in an accident traumatic enough that it sent two of the people in the accident to the hospital. So even if they weren't injured, Heather and Kelly probably had a ton of adrenaline pumping through them and Meghan's brilliant solution was for the two women who may have an undiagnosed injury and are for sure are freaked out is to have them get behind the wheel and drive an hour (actually two) to see if Vicki is ok. Even if you don't like Vicki, you should be concerned that your friends shouldn't be on the road. Or you have compassion for Brianna who is sick, some distance away, has two kids, and dealing with a histrionic Vicki over the phone. There are enough people sort of involved in this that you can find someone who elicits enough empathy that you go check in on Vicki even though you don't like her.

Edited by HunterHunted
Wrong Richardson
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

So is it actually common then to give morphine for someone less injured, like Vicki?  I mean, My mother fell and hurt her thumb and her leg was sore and they gave  her morphine. Maybe they gave it to her after determining no head injury. They also give it to my husband a lot when he goes to the ER with chest pain.

Broken bones, deep muscle sprains, post surgical pain control, chest pain, Yes. Head trauma, neck/spinal injuries, No, with few exceptions because Dr.'s need to measure responses in brain activity/clarity/movement/muscle stimuli and that would not be possible if the patient is given morphine/morphine like meds. I don't think Vicki had a concussion. but I think she was in pain from getting banged up in the accident, deep muscle bruising.

• Love 7

So if Meghan had gone to see Vicki, would she then have been expected to drive her home, leaving Meghan to turn around and drive back to their vacation spot?  I'm confused about the expectations here. If it was a case of getting Vicki home, I think family should have gone to get her.  I can see both sides of this but there was a lot of positioning for the moral high ground tonight and all these ladies lose me at that point. Found myself rolling my eyes more than once tonight. 

Edited by FanOfTheFans
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, VedaPierce said:

Vickie should send Tamra a huge muffin basket for rolling that thing, best thing that could have happened to her to get her back in the game. No apologies from her about cancer-lying could have worked that kind of magic. Isn't life funny sometimes? Just when you think you're finished professionally/personally, your skanky friend rolls an atv on you, and you're back on top! Lol lol

I think Kelly was pretty happy about it as well. When they were in the RV calling Meghan and Shannon who were unwilling to go to the hospital, it seemed to me that Kelly knew that Meghan/Shannon were going to end up being on the "outs" with the others and Kelly was thrilled that she was going to be on the "ins" team. For once, Kelly wasn't the one who would be called out for acting inappropriately and she was loving it!

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Actually PTSD is a real thing for many people not in combat or abuse. My brother had it after going through hurricane Irene when a tree fell on his house while he was inside, then a tree fell on one car, then a tree fell on the other car, then one fell on his shed. All during the same storm. The cars and shed were crushed and he had to climb out of a window and run to a neighbors' house for safety because a live wire was on the roof of his house and he could hear the current surging throughout and smelled burning. He called for help but the police said he was on his own until the storm was over. It took him a year to recover. I believe u can suffer through PTSD without combat. It's about trauma and stress, car accidents can really mess u up mentally ... Vickie? Who knows? She lies about cancer, right?

My husband was diagnosed with PTSD after his 3 months in the hospital following Aortic Dissection. He was in a very very dark ugly place for a few year. It was awful.  I don't know about PTSD after a situation like that one, so I won't comment about whether Heather could have it. I just know it definitely occurs outside of combat.

• Love 8

So Heather very may well have some PTSD from the accident. The problem is that this is coming on the heels of her hilariously bad acting job crying on the phone to Terry about Kelly's behavior at the restaurant. That's what happens on this show. They fake so many emotions so often that when it's real, it's hard to believe them.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, JennyMominFL said:

A lot of people actually.

I have a coworker who flipped her car and was stuck upside while the fire department cut her out with the jaws of life. Her instagram was selfies of herself upside down and pictures of her being cut out of her car. She's 55.

I have a friend of a friend who was driving and accidentally hit a pedestrian. When she got out of the car to check on the guy she hit, she yelled at the onlookers to call 911. None of them could because they were so busy taking pictures and recording videos.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

Why did Tamra/Heather tell Shannon that Vicki went home in a "paper gown"? Vicki said in her blog last week that she went home in hospital scrubs! LOL Now, did Vicki lie to Heather/Tamra or are they lying to Shannon?

Yes, I caught that too.  The exaggerations were in full bloom tonight. 

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I keep thinking of Miranda Richardson who fell down while skiing and died. I was in a roll-over accident like this. I had no injuries,  but my body hurt for a week and it took 2 or 3 days before my head worked right.

Natasha Richardson, Miranda (no relation) is very much alive.

• Love 3