Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Hello, Goodbye

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

By the way, party planner Matt- unless you plan on having your guests yell 'Surprise' from the front lawn, maybe have them park around the corner, hmm? 

Kind of a weird oversight from someone who had the forethought to leave the tags on the BBQ tools so you can return them after the shindig.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, butterbody said:

By the way, party planner Matt- unless you plan on having your guests yell 'Surprise' from the front lawn, maybe have them park around the corner, hmm? 

Kind of a weird oversight from someone who had the forethought to leave the tags on the BBQ tools so you can return them after the shindig.

This. First rule of a surprise party is not having the main clue be out in the open. That was really stupid. Amber figured it out after seeing all the extra cars.

• Love 2

I don't know, I find the producers' presence pretty interesting. They HAVE to be like journalists or documentary filmmakers or they'd be out of a job and wouldn't get anything good. If you're interviewing a KKK member you don't start telling them what a racist POS they are; you smile and nod and say "mmhmm, tell me more about that. Why do you feel that way? What happened?"

The weirdest part to me, and the darkest and most fascinating, is that all the girls, most of whom are very lonely, think the producers are their best friends or something. It almost makes me feel bad for them, to watch Cate be hugged by a producer while she cries and the producer milks her for info. But then, their paydays are massive for sitting around crying, while the producers', for actually working and sometimes even taking abuse, aren't. It's a very bizarre relationship and interesting to watch unfold.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 14
On 9/13/2016 at 8:13 AM, poeticlicensed said:

Tyler needs a nomination for his Oscar-worthy performance when Cate left. Oh please just shut up. I want to reach through the TV and slap him in he face a la Olympia Dukakis in Moonstruck, "SNAP OUT IF IT!".

That was Cher, delivering a wallop to Nicholas Cage.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, butterbody said:

I dunno... one thing that stood out to me tonight was how Taylor always seemed to be carrying Jayde, feeding her while trying to eat his own dinner, etc. I was actually a little proud of him.

I think he probably helps plenty with the kids, but not the actual house stuff (packing, cooking, laundry, etc.) Which....whatever. I'm pretty old fashioned and do all of that stuff around here...but, then again, my husband works 40+ hours outside the home, so....

17 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Folding t-shirts at home.

Nah. Maci does all of that. 

15 hours ago, Frootloop Dingus said:

Cate's therapist reminds me of Mary from Sister wives.  The way she talks and a little of how she looks.  

YES! Oh my gosh, something has been bothering me about her. Now that you've said that, it's like the heavens have opened up!

All we need is for her to start crying and wiping her eye boogers away. 

1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

I don't know, I find the producers' presence pretty interesting. They HAVE to be like journalists or documentary filmmakers or they'd be out of a job and wouldn't get anything good. If you're interviewing a KKK member you don't start telling them what a racist POS they are; you smile and nod and say "mmhmm, tell me more about that. Why do you feel that way? What happened?"

Very good point. I find it interesting as well, and don't really want them to go back to the old way. It gives me a lot of insight on why these girls behave as they do. The produces are propping them up a lot and validating many of their horrible choices. There are definitely some weird relationships going on and, frankly, I'm glad to get the whole picture. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Very good point. I find it interesting as well, and don't really want them to go back to the old way. It gives me a lot of insight on why these girls behave as they do. The produces are propping them up a lot and validating many of their horrible choices. There are definitely some weird relationships going on and, frankly, I'm glad to get the whole picture. 

I find it a little disconcerting sometimes;  when Maci & Taylor were having sushi, Jala (sp?) the producer wasn't pictured, and she asked them a question & I was startled, like, "Who said that??"

Edited by teapot
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, imjagain said:

I feel the same way.

At first I thought it was interesting to see them interact with the producers.  After watching for a while, you see that the producers don't add much and are there just to tell them how great they are and let them know they have done so much with their life.  I almost choked when that producer said that to Amber. 

I keep thinking of UnREAL and how manipulative and convincingly sincere-sounding Rachel is. My blood runs cold.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

This. First rule of a surprise party is not having the main clue be out in the open. That was really stupid. Amber figured it out after seeing all the extra cars.

My mind tells me Amber knew way beforehand since Matt uses her money for everything. 

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

My mind tells me Amber knew way beforehand since Matt uses her money for everything. 

True that. 

Eta: reading past comments on the laser couple of days, someone mentioned how many times Maci and by extension Bentley had moved and since I have time to kill, and a decent memory, I thought about it. It's been a lot. 

-when Bentley was born, Maci was living with Ryan in their apartment. They were engaged at the time. They lived in that apartment from before Bentley was born until like episode four of TM season 1.

-When Maci and Ryan first broke their engagement, Maci moved back to her parents house and Ryan had to move back to his.

-Maci and Bentley lived with her parents until she moved to the house to be closer to Kyle.

- During the next season, Maci may have moved houses in between seasons but I'm not sure but Kyle did move in with her and Bentley.

- During that season Maci moved to  place in her hometown again due to distance being an issue with everyone. Kyle moved in too.

-The next time we see Maci and Bentley is her being Maci special, she now lives in a house with three other girls and Bentley. 

-The first og season, Maci and Bentley live in a house. Taylor is moving in.

-Maci, Taylor, Bentley, and Jayde move into a new house.

-this season Maci, Taylor Bentley and Jayde move into this house.

I mean...that's kind of a lot actually.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 18
On September 13, 2016 at 9:38 AM, charmed1 said:

How hilarious that he Facetimes her with his helmet on, about to go joyriding while she's having a hysterical breakfast fit with the butterfly clip on the top of her weave? She's all, "I'll put your shit out by the trash!" And he's like, "Mm Hmm ok, see ya later, Weee!" Simon gives her no reaction to her antics and it's so funny to see her lose her shit because of it.

Farrah : That's the one thing I like about Simon ,he remains calm while she melts down ,  he does not engage in her antics . The fact that that makes Farrah even more crazy is so friggen entertaining ?

amber : so she's discussing her mental illness  " I don't have boo boo every day , if I did I think I'd feel better "...IS IT MY WEEKEND WITH BOO BOO???

excuse me but what kind of mother wouldn't know it's her time to see her child... Amber is a piece of work 

• Love 19
12 minutes ago, DNR said:

Farrah : That's the one thing I like about Simon ,he remains calm while she melts down ,  he does not engage in her antics . The fact that that makes Farrah even more crazy is so friggen entertaining ?

amber : so she's discussing her mental illness  " I don't have boo boo every day , if I did I think I'd feel better "...IS IT MY WEEKEND WITH BOO BOO???

excuse me but what kind of mother wouldn't know it's her time to see her child... Amber is a piece of work 

And curiously, every time she asks  Matt, the answer is always, "Nope, nope, not this weekend either..."

• Love 11

Statistically, some of these people (besides Tyler) have to be gay. I think Amber is gay but doesn't know it yet. Which helps explain Matt. I also think Ryan is gay.

Amber's makeup the day of her party was frightening. She looked like one of those Japanese Kabuki guys. kabuki_kumadori_simple.jpg?w=114

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, lidarose9 said:

Statistically, some of these people (besides Tyler) have to be gay. I think Amber is gay but doesn't know it yet. Which helps explain Matt. I also think Ryan is gay.

Amber's makeup the day of her party was frightening. She looked like one of those Japanese Kabuki guys. kabuki_kumadori_simple.jpg?w=114

Thanks for the laugh, Amber is terrible just like her makeup. I also believe Amber is gay, there were sparks flying between her and her jell friend. You just know they had something going on in that cell.

• Love 3
On 9/14/2016 at 9:26 AM, evilmindatwork said:

I would love to see a producer actually tell Amber, "Girl, he's not good for you and will probably kill you for your money once you're married." Matt is the type of guy to take out an insurance policy on Amber and then poison her for years. 

We are watching him mentally poison her as we speak.

I can't help but feel Matt is medicating her right now. Without her knowledge. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, lidarose9 said:

Why do you think statistically some of these people must be gay?  Just curious, as the show was cast based on partners having hetero sex.  That's like saying statistically some of the contestants on the Batchelor must be gay.

I don't think Amber is gay, despite how funny is to snark on her sparks with her bunkie.  The girl was probably the only positve person in a deeply trumatic time in her life when she hit rock bottom and they share an intense bond.

Amber just seems incredibly immature and emotionally stunted at a young age.  Inappropriate relationships are just one of her problems and are probably tied to her mental health problems.

• Love 9

Based on the episodes of Locked Up I've seen most of the women are "gay for the stay" in one way or another regardless of their sexual preferences outside of prison. They may not necessarily be having actual sexual interactions with each other but there seems to be a lot of intense emotional relationships formed between female inmates.

• Love 9
On 9/13/2016 at 1:51 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:

This is one thing they do that that makes sense.  Since Tyler and Butch have nothing but time on their hands, they can put in a little "sweat equity" and increase the value of the houses.  Even if Tyler has to hire contractors to install floors, etc., he can at least do the demolition part himself.  Also, rehabbing an old run-down property means Tyler can create the "open concept" he craves.

On 9/13/2016 at 3:51 PM, imjagain said:

Cate and Tyler I'm sure  help out family with money for rent or cars or if an emergency  comes up and cash is needed, I'm sure they are the go to couple. Maci is lucky enough that her parents don't need her to help them, they are stable. The same can't be said about  April and  Butch. 

So buying a fixer house makes sense for them.  And you're exactly right @Snarky McSnarkythey have nothing else going on .  Why not take part in fixing it up?  I can't imagine having nothing to do all day day after day damn that would.... So boring. 

You guys really think after watching the scene of Cate and Tyler "demo'ing" the house that they actually enjoy it?? After they were constantly saying how gross it was... and not even properly dressed to do demo......

And I'm not snarking on them for buying a fixer upper, I do say good for them.  And it looked like they bought a acreage and usually the only way to get one of those is to buy an older house.  However, that still doesn't change that they likely don't have any additional income other than teen mom.  Which I don't snark on either.   Someone said there probably aren't nice houses in their area, which is so bullshit.  There are nice houses in every crappy rundown town. And in their area they would be even more affordable. But I just don't think they have the money.

And Butch has a job, so he's not exactly sitting around doing nothing.  Tyler could maybe take after his dad in that aspect. 

I think amber and her cell mate were probably very close for that 6(?) months.  The kiss on the lips kinda seals that deal.  

• Love 3

Obviously we don't know what happened between Amber and her cell mate but it is possible that two women form a friendship and connection that doesn't involve anything sexual.

My best friend and I are like that. We tell each other everything, I can look at her and know what she's thinking and vice versa. She's probably the only person (besides my husband) that I can truly be myself with. I live in another state now and it's difficult not being able to see her every week. Nothing sexual, we just have a great friendship.

Of course, things are different in a prison....

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, gunderda said:

You guys really think after watching the scene of Cate and Tyler "demo'ing" the house that they actually enjoy it?? After they were constantly saying how gross it was... and not even properly dressed to do demo......

And I'm not snarking on them for buying a fixer upper, I do say good for them.  And it looked like they bought a acreage and usually the only way to get one of those is to buy an older house.  However, that still doesn't change that they likely don't have any additional income other than teen mom.  Which I don't snark on either.   Someone said there probably aren't nice houses in their area, which is so bullshit.  There are nice houses in every crappy rundown town. And in their area they would be even more affordable. But I just don't think they have the money.

And Butch has a job, so he's not exactly sitting around doing nothing.  Tyler could maybe take after his dad in that aspect. 

I think amber and her cell mate were probably very close for that 6(?) months.  The kiss on the lips kinda seals that deal.  

No,  I never said or implied they like fixing up the old houses.  I tend to agree that they probably don't have the  money to just go out and buy a new just built home.  Like I said the money they do have is probably shared a bit with family so the have to buy fixers. 

My point was they should fix it up,  they don't do anything else.  Why not?  But no I agree the aren't loving having to go the fixer route. 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, imjagain said:

My point was they should fix it up,  they don't do anything else.  Why not?  But no I agree the aren't loving having to go the fixer route. 

Totally agree with that.  Would be nice for Tyler if he could take part in the remodeling.  My uncle helped build his new house (with contractors) while being a full time farmer. Needless to say it took them forever to finish the house lol    But Tyler needs to find something he likes doing other than smoking pot. 

That's why I don't think the money is there - otherwise I think they would absolutely go with the simplest route.  Fixer upper is too much work for them. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Obviously we don't know what happened between Amber and her cell mate but it is possible that two women form a friendship and connection that doesn't involve anything sexual.

My best friend and I are like that. We tell each other everything, I can look at her and know what she's thinking and vice versa. She's probably the only person (besides my husband) that I can truly be myself with. I live in another state now and it's difficult not being able to see her every week. Nothing sexual, we just have a great friendship.

Of course, things are different in a prison....

But would you kiss her on the lips? 

That moment just held a whole lot of intimacy, if you ask me. I don't kiss anyone on the lips but my husband and daughter (she's only 5 and hasn't outgrown it like her older brothers have).

• Love 4

If Maci isn't careful with all this moving, then she's going to end up living in another glorified frat house trying to pay off taxes all over again. Weren't she and Taylor living in a very small, very modest home when "Teen Mom" came back? Then the season is over the next thing you know they're expecting and moving into a bigger place so Taylor can have his "man cave". And they're moving once again in less than a year. Moving is fun and all, but I don't see the point in doing it so much when you're living on very limited funding. What was wrong with their "old" house? It seemed big enough to me for all three kids. 

The juxtaposition between Jayde and Nova was interesting and sad. Jayde is laughing, babbling, being encouraged by her parents and brother to make weird noises and having a grand old time. Then there's Nova, sitting blank-faced in the living room and gnawing on car keys while both her parents almost pointedly ignore her. I know some of it can their personalities emerging and taking root right now, but I also think it's obvious that Jayde probably gets more stimulation from the adults in her life than Nova does. Jayde is lively; Nova is passive. Jayde is curious; Nova is cautious. It's actually kind of neat to think about. 

I think Maci is of the mindset that you have to have lots of s.p.a.c.e. to live well, thus with each additional child she thinks she needs a bigger house. sigh Maybe she likes not seeing or hearing the people she lives with? As for them moving when they're "living on very limited funding"? Their funding is definitely not as limited as the majority of the households in this country and definitely not limited when compared to normal teen moms; the MTV Teen Mom girls make at least $250K each season.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, TaxNerd said:

Why do you think statistically some of these people must be gay?  Just curious, as the show was cast based on partners having hetero sex.  That's like saying statistically some of the contestants on the Batchelor must be gay.

That's what statistics are. In any random group of 25 people, at least one of them will be gay. Conservative estimates are around 4%. These people started this show as children, 16-year-olds whose sexuality had not yet been fully developed. Some people live decades without realizing it. Others are bi and could easily fall in love with either gender. One of my good friends was a happy lesbian for 13 years and then married a man with whom she has been happily married for 26 years. I know two women who didn't come to terms with their sexuality until they were in the 40s.

Gay or not, I hope Amber's friend can be a supportive, loving influence in her life. She needs a good friend. And maybe this woman can help her see the light about the big turd she lives with.

As to shows like the Bachelor (which I've never seen), just cuz people sign up to be on a TV show doesn't mean anything about their actual sexuality. It just means they want to be on a TV show. 

• Love 5

So I have been totally psychoanalyzing Farrah since this episode aired. Her behavior is just so...bizarre. I mean, it's over-the-top bad. I almost can't even dislike her because at least she puts it all out there (unlike Tyler who just comes across as phony). It's hard to believe that people like her actually exist. It's even weirder to think that the people in her life put up with it. That scene on the boat with Simon cracked me up. She seriously invited him down there just to yell at him, I think. Does she rewatch these and think, "Ooohh! I NAILED that scene" ?

Anyway. After watching this episode twice I started thinking about the earlier episodes, back when Farrah was still in Iowa. Although she was totally mean and crazy back then, things were a lot different. Remember when she was having trouble finding a place to live? Even sleeping on the floor in that unfurnished house of her mother's? And how she had almost no money for her and Sophia? And back then Debra was a raving lunatic-not much different than how Farrah is now. I think about 80% of Farrah's attitude comes from desiring a sense of control. She is mean and hateful to those around her because she wants to be able to control the situation. Lashing out at them and having them kowtow to her is a way of ensuring she always has the upper hand. I think that, in the past, she felt out of control and vulnerable. Regardless as to how she talks about Daddy Derek now, in her 16&P epi, things were not all rosy and sweet. Trouble in paradise was almost on the scary side. So who knows what all went on there. Now, however, she's able to use her money and fame to control those around her and that helps ensure she won't get hurt again. They put up with it because they're all enjoying the fame wagon she drives. 

I think the other 20% of her is either a legitimate personality disorder or emotional problem. I wouldn't be surprised if she is borderline. 

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

So I have been totally psychoanalyzing Farrah since this episode aired. Her behavior is just so...bizarre. I mean, it's over-the-top bad. I almost can't even dislike her because at least she puts it all out there (unlike Tyler who just comes across as phony). It's hard to believe that people like her actually exist. It's even weirder to think that the people in her life put up with it. That scene on the boat with Simon cracked me up. She seriously invited him down there just to yell at him, I think. Does she rewatch these and think, "Ooohh! I NAILED that scene" ?

Anyway. After watching this episode twice I started thinking about the earlier episodes, back when Farrah was still in Iowa. Although she was totally mean and crazy back then, things were a lot different. Remember when she was having trouble finding a place to live? Even sleeping on the floor in that unfurnished house of her mother's? And how she had almost no money for her and Sophia? And back then Debra was a raving lunatic-not much different than how Farrah is now. I think about 80% of Farrah's attitude comes from desiring a sense of control. She is mean and hateful to those around her because she wants to be able to control the situation. Lashing out at them and having them kowtow to her is a way of ensuring she always has the upper hand. I think that, in the past, she felt out of control and vulnerable. Regardless as to how she talks about Daddy Derek now, in her 16&P epi, things were not all rosy and sweet. Trouble in paradise was almost on the scary side. So who knows what all went on there. Now, however, she's able to use her money and fame to control those around her and that helps ensure she won't get hurt again. They put up with it because they're all enjoying the fame wagon she drives. 

I think the other 20% of her is either a legitimate personality disorder or emotional problem. I wouldn't be surprised if she is borderline. 

I can see what you mean by that. She constantly speaks as if she is being attacked. CONSTANTLY. She is absolutely defensive and if you don't speak to her as if you're her servant she is aggravated. 

Not THAT many people put up with it. There's a reason why Maci seems to be the only TM:OG with any friends, as she's the most emotionally stable. I think it Catelynn gets help with her depression she could have a nice circle of friends, as she can be sweet but she's not in the head space for it. Michael and Debra gave her life, and possibly feel responsible for the way she is, and parents forgive a lot. Who knows why Simon sticks around. Farrah is possibly really hurting inside and lacks the self awareness to know she's pushing people away. 

• Love 6

There's a reason why Maci seems to be the only TM:OG with any friends, as she's the most emotionally stable.

I agree with this all the way and I think I've said it before. Also, Maci's friends don't shuffle in and out too much, she seems have the same group of girls. There are brief scenes where I think certain friends may be using her but I can also recognize a few from a couple seasons ago. This is also why, as I and many others have stated that Maci is able to keep a set of boundaries when talking to production and having them in her life. For the other girls, it's the only connection they have outside of family members and boyfriends/husbands. 

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Not THAT many people put up with it. There's a reason why Maci seems to be the only TM:OG with any friends, as she's the most emotionally stable. I think it Catelynn gets help with her depression she could have a nice circle of friends, as she can be sweet but she's not in the head space for it. Michael and Debra gave her life, and possibly feel responsible for the way she is, and parents forgive a lot. Who knows why Simon sticks around. Farrah is possibly really hurting inside and lacks the self awareness to know she's pushing people away. 

That's true. The only people we really see are her parents, whoever she has conned into dating her for awhile, and the producers. 

She might even know that she is pushing people away yet continues to do it because it hurts less to go on the offensive and hurt someone before they have the chance to hurt HER. This doesn't excuse her behavior in any way. I just like trying to understand people's motivations. I still think she has a mental illness, however. 

• Love 4

So as usual Cate's crying and Tyler won't even touch her, but when Tyler is crying, Cate jumps to comfort him. Couple of the year...

And can someone please get Cate a real therapist...

Sophia following Ferrari around asking if she's in love with him was beyond awkward, couldn't help but laugh at Ferarri's reaction. RUN SIMON RUN...no seriously the money isn't worth putting up with the "I'm not acting like a crazy bitch," Crazy bitch.

I really hope Maci puts a fence around that pool. 

I ship Amber and Bunkie 100x more than Amber and Matt.

P.S Autocorrect changed Farrah to Ferrari and I loved it too much to change it back LOL

Edited by Reghan
  • Love 15
19 hours ago, ghoulina said:

That moment just held a whole lot of intimacy, if you ask me. I don't kiss anyone on the lips but my husband and daughter (she's only 5 and hasn't outgrown it like her older brothers have).

We kiss on the cheek, not on the lips LOL

18 hours ago, lidarose9 said:

Gay or not, I hope Amber's friend can be a supportive, loving influence in her life. She needs a good friend. And maybe this woman can help her see the light about the big turd she lives with.

I completely agree. Amber needs someone, anyone to help her see the light regarding Matt. I hope this woman (I'm terrible, I've already forgotten her name) sticks around and has a positive influence on Amber and helps her see that she doesn't need creepy Matt. Cousin Krystal sure as hell isn't helping.

Edited by MaggieG
  • Love 5
On 9/14/2016 at 9:26 AM, evilmindatwork said:

I would love to see a producer actually tell Amber, "Girl, he's not good for you and will probably kill you for your money once you're married." Matt is the type of guy to take out an insurance policy on Amber and then poison her for years. 

I totally agree with this except I don't think Matt has the patience to do it over years. If he were capable of playing a long game con he wouldn't keep getting caught in his bullshit lies all the time.

But he will definitely kill her for her money, or whatever might be left of it.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, MaggieG said:

We kiss on the check, not on the lips 

I know this was a typo, but it makes me think this is exactly what Matt does when Amber gets her MTV check. 

For all we know, people close to Amber have likely told her their fears and concerns. Amber is likely resistant to anyone who tells her otherwise. She is hard-headed for the most part. She cannot admit she is wrong. Amber is an adult and will do what she wants. People who are truly concerned for her are likely just washing their hands of this mess and letting it play out. That is all anyone can really do. 

• Love 12

I totally see the dynamics have flipped with Debra and Farrah. It's  pretty interesting to watch early episodes compared to recent ones. 

OK,  so,  what do you all think about Amber?  She seems to come from a family that loved her. Brother and parents thought she was great.  They always thought she was too  good for Gary (eye roll). Yet, Amber seems pretty detached from being a mother hell even a girlfriend, she never seems flirty or affectionate with anybody she's been with. .  She seems to have nothing that makes her happy. Only her bunkie,  I think that's why her reaction to her  cell mate caught us by surprise . 

Eta: I guess,  I should acknowledge that Amber claims to be  bipolar/depression so that might explain her detachment.

I don't know that much about mental health.  So I probably should  just leave it at that. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, imjagain said:

I totally see the dynamics have flipped with Debra and Farrah. It's  pretty interesting to watch early episodes compared to recent ones. 

OK,  so,  what do you all think about Amber?  She seems to come from a family that loved her. Brother and parents thought she was great.  They always thought she was too  good for Gary (eye roll). Yet, Amber seems pretty detached from being a mother hell even a girlfriend, she never seems flirty or affectionate with anybody she's been with. .  She seems to have nothing that makes her happy. Only her bunkie,  I think that's why her reaction to her  cell mate caught us by surprise . 

Eta: I guess,  I should acknowledge that Amber claims to be  bipolar/depression so that might explain her detachment.

I don't know that much about mental health.  So I probably should  just leave it at that. 

I don't know. I think once Farrah made the decision to keep Sophia, the dynamics have always been uneven. I always remember a few things. Farrah didn't want to be pregnant but Debra wouldn't let her not and wanted Farrah kept it, knowing full well Debra was going to be doing the heavy lifting.

And I don't know, I feel like Farrah has always had the upper hand.  She was going out constantly and leaving Sophia with her parents a lot. Granted Debra and Micheal fought with her about it, but did that stop her? Kind of, I guess but then by season 2 was the knife incident and obviously Farrah moved out and that's when Debra started to handle her with kid gloves because she wanted to see Sophia and yes now it's worse because she wants things from Farrah, like money and perks but it started a long time ago.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 4
On 9/15/2016 at 4:38 PM, ghoulina said:

I've kissed friends on the lips. Def agree it was intimate, though. I'm torn between "only true friend" and "romantic connection."

On a side note, watched earlier episodes with Farrah today. Her mom is straight up abusive and a total alcoholic. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BravoAddict72 said:

If Amber and Matt put off their wedding why do they both wear wedding rings? She had a wedding band on when she was getting her nails done and Matt was wearing one the past 2 episodes.

They're probably married.  The moment his past shenanigans hit the press, I bet he pushed her to the Justice of the Peace that same afternoon.  There's no way he's going to let his biggest score leave his life.

• Love 5

Tyler is such a self absorbed jerk. His wife is leaving for 30 days and he can't even be bothered to drive her to the airport? He lets the producers do it. It's like it never even occurs to him that him being so distant and unsupportive of Cate has nothing to do with her problems. I just want to get him and his mother in a room and slap both of them. I hope she gets the help she needs to get well and drops his sorry butt.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, BravoAddict72 said:

If Amber and Matt put off their wedding why do they both wear wedding rings? She had a wedding band on when she was getting her nails done and Matt was wearing one the past 2 episodes.

If she was smart (that's funny) She would make him move out. Tell him some shot about needing time to think things through.  Some bullshit like that. Nothing helps you process a relationship like distance. But Matt isnt going to go w/of her without a fight.

He's already moved in the son for reinforcement. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, BravoAddict72 said:

Who knows. This younger generation seems to have their own mixture of older traditions and new ones. My son is in his early 20's and has been with his girlfriend for a few years. They have lived together for 2 years. They plan on getting married; I have no idea when. He wears a ring, she does not. She bought his ring. I gave him my mother's set a long time ago but it's still in my safe. We had a bit of a family crisis last year and he made the comment "this just means we'd have to get married sooner than we planned. If anything happens to me, I need to be sure she's taken care of too". I'm pretty sure he meant doing the courthouse quick and legal type marriage in this instance because I've heard nothing about a wedding, ever. She changed her FB status to "engaged" but it doesn't seem like anything has changed. I do know there's no babies until after marriage. I can't figure it out but it's none of my business either. They also have friends that got pregnant and then got married. A male friend that adopted a baby before he found his female wife. His best friend is gay and in a very committed relationship but they choose not to live together. All of these kids earn enough to have their own homes although none have gone to university. My son will be making 6 figures with his next promotion-no student loan debt either. It's like a totally different world from when I was their age!

1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

They're probably married.  The moment his past shenanigans hit the press, I bet he pushed her to the Justice of the Peace that same afternoon.  There's no way he's going to let his biggest score leave his life.

I thoroughly believe this is the case with Amber and her nasty ass, disgustingly gross, 40 something year old conman bum. 

• Love 3

Amber has what I consider limited visitation. If that didn't wake her up, and jail didn't and Matt's confirmed lies haven't, what would it take?

With the latest regarding Matt's brother moving in, I am sure Gary is on top of it. If I were him I would be too. Supervised visits are going to be explored, I can feel it.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Amber has what I consider limited visitation. If that didn't wake her up, and jail didn't and Matt's confirmed lies haven't, what would it take?

With the latest regarding Matt's brother moving in, I am sure Gary is on top of it. If I were him I would be too. Supervised visits are going to be explored, I can feel it.

I hope this happens, for Leah's sake.

• Love 2

Matt's "favorite" cousin was at Amber's birthday. I'm guessing his son too (but off camera?) Plus, the best friend/ex-boss/guy who is actually working on the investment houses.  He's surrounded her with his scummy people to leach her dry. Run; Amber!!

• Love 6
On 9/16/2016 at 0:10 PM, imjagain said:

OK,  so,  what do you all think about Amber?  She seems to come from a family that loved her. Brother and parents thought she was great.  They always thought she was too  good for Gary (eye roll). Yet, Amber seems pretty detached from being a mother hell even a girlfriend, she never seems flirty or affectionate with anybody she's been with. .

I'm actually not so sure about her family upbringing. Her brother seems like a decent guy and they seem to have a pretty close relationship. But I think both her parents were addicts. My memory is crap, but I swear her grandmother raised her, at least part of the time. I think she's had an on-off relationship with her mom, which is why there seems to be a distance between them.

• Love 3