Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Hello, Goodbye

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Simon sits down on the boat and she starts reaming him for being so quiet.  Can he sit and enjoy the view?

Did you catch how guardedly Michael and Deb talk to Farrah?  They speak to her so gingerly, so delicately, because they know how volatile she is, that she'll fly off the handle and start spewing such irrational anger at the drop of a hat.  How can anyone live with that? 

• Love 15
9 hours ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Did Amber say she is on Klonopin? No wonder why she has very little.motivation to get off of the couch. That stuff robs you of your motivation like nobodies business. My doctor prescribed it to me for anxiety and I stopped using it after a few weeks becuase it robbed me of my energy and motivation. 

No, I think she was saying that she DOESN'T take things like Klonopin and Xanax, because of her addiction issues. She mentioned Buspar, which is a non-narcotic. She was saying that those don't work as fast as the narcotic medications, so it's harder to deal with her anxiety. 

2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

"You know what I always wonder: if the earth is a circle, how does the water always stay? Gravity? I know the water's a little bit more heavier than gravity."
It sounds like Farrah stumbled onto one of those Flat Earth 'documentaries' on YouTube.

Farrah would totally be a flat earther!!!

2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Oh, maybe you're new to the series and don't know this...  Ryan is actually Bentley's big brother and not his father.

Makes sense. Considering when he drops him off he just says, "Bye, buddy" and hits him on the head with his empty soda/water bottle. No hug. No "love you". No "see you____". 

• Love 12

Is that what that is, a weave, and that's why it looks so weird? The thing's a freaking rat's nest. I guess it would explain why she's never in the water. God, she is strange. "I'll just have the minions put your stuff out by the trash!" And the production people were like "Did she just call us minions? Fuck this cxnt." And they made sure to film her trudging his suitcase out near the garbage. You're absolutely right, his lack of reaction to her is met with "HOW DARE YOU NOT ARGUE?" Seriously, how can this guy ever be or have been her significant other? I know she took a bunch of his business ideas (the furnished by farrah is essentially his business in San Diego, wasn't it?, the house 'flipping' that cost her money)....

Are we nearing the end with this show? I need someone to help me stop watching it. 

Edited by Uncle JUICE
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I know a few of us on here are licensed mental health clinicians or allied health professionals.  I'm still confused as to why this therapist has allowed herself to be on this series.  I'm an outpatient mental health clinician.  Even with my clients that I've worked for years with and have much professional pride in the work we've done together, I would never let our sessions be filmed -- or re-act past sessions.  I don't get it???  Is she being compensated for her participation?  Years ago, one of my mentors/clinical supervisors said to me, "If you're asking if it's unethical, it is probably unethical."

All of this! Mental health professional here. It is really worrisome that she is letting them film. What is her license? Is she a mft, msw, surely not a licensed psychologist? Furthermore, what type of therapy is she doing? I've seen no evidence of cbt or act. That relationship clients build with a mental health professional is an emotional intimate one (though obviously one sided), I couldn't imagine having the world view that. It destroys the authenticity of the therapeutic alliance. 

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, WichitaStateShock said:

All of this! Mental health professional here. It is really worrisome that she is letting them film. What is her license? Is she a mft, msw, surely not a licensed psychologist? Furthermore, what type of therapy is she doing? I've seen no evidence of cbt or act. That relationship clients build with a mental health professional is an emotional intimate one (though obviously one sided), I couldn't imagine having the world view that. It destroys the authenticity of the therapeutic alliance. 

I'm pretty sure that's a guidance counselor. :-)

• Love 8

Am I like totally neurotic, or do tattoos look better when they're cohesive? Do people just pass a point where they have so many tatoos they're like "meh, fuck it, I guess put whatever...I have an angel wing, an anatomical heart, a clock, the Grinch face, some kids names, a huge pair of praying hands...what the fuck difference does it make if I get a spider web on my chest now?" I don't know, I have three and they're all one theme, and I thought about all of them for a year before I got them. These folks immortalize anything with a tattoo. One fucking idiot got a twitter handle, the other one's got a notebook, a cheetah on their thigh, just stupid.

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, WichitaStateShock said:

I wonder what the credentials are for a guidance counselor. Some states don't regulate them and some do. It could be like a life coach where there it's pretty much free game and no training required. 

Any chance it's some faith-based like church secretary that she just talks to because it's free, maybe? I mean it would explain the blatant lack of professionalism, therapeutic relationship, and fax machine.  

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Am I like totally neurotic, or do tattoos look better when they're cohesive?

Yes, yes, yes. It's wise to take your time and plan out your tattoos. The people I know who look best will sort of have themes. For instance - all their work is traditional inspired. Or I have a friend who has a horror theme on both arms. Things go together, they flow. Placement is very important. There are very few good tattoos on this show. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, ghoulina said:

Yes, yes, yes. It's wise to take your time and plan out your tattoos. The people I know who look best will sort of have themes. For instance - all their work is traditional inspired. Or I have a friend who has a horror theme on both arms. Things go together, they flow. Placement is very important. There are very few good tattoos on this show. 

Especially if they're juxtaposed. My view is if you want to change themes, change body parts, so you don't look like a mish mash. Even sleeves CAN look good (I mean they make it harder to get certain jobs, let's be honest, for now), if the'yre done correctly. Kail's is a good example of what NOT to do. Just keep adding different things onto one arm. it's no judgement of the theme itself, I don't care if you get a bunch of Star Wars tattoos, but you can't have one arm with Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, and Legos, that's just stupid. Sorry, off topic.

Still, Farrah sucks. 

• Love 5

Also I'm confused about the timeline. I thought last week was Easter but last night Taylor said they had 13 weeks til Maci's due date which would make that the last week in February.  But it was May in Ambers storyline.  When did Catelyn go to rehab?  I looked it up, it was mid March. So before Easter.  Okay I guess I need to not care that anything makes sense.

Edited by poopchute
  • Love 6

OMG, Maci is buying yet another house? Good Lord how many does that make? She has 3 kids not 10, why does she need a massive house? And to move while pg? Just ugh.  I also noticed her belly went from nothing to basketball sized seemingly overnight. Is there anyone in the world that actually believes she didn't know she was pregnant?

That vacation in Hawaii was truly bizarre. Debra and her ex all together? Just bizarro. As were Farrah's clothing choices. Her butt implants make her look like Mrs. Wiggins from the Carol Burnett show. And  WTF was up with Simon showing up then leaving? I get that they let Sophia dress however she wants, remember the makeup to school debacle last season? But hell, part of your job as a parent is to teach your children how to dress appropriately. That coconut bra is fine for dress up, but I would never take a kid in public wearing that getup. But look at Farrah and Debra. Not exactly role models. 

I did not even recognize Amber between the makeup and blonde hair. I don't care what kind of meds she is on. I have a hard time believing it's ok to drink when you are on any medication. 

Tyler needs a nomination for his Oscar-worthy performance when Cate left. Oh please just shut up. I want to reach through the TV and slap him in he face a la Olympia Dukakis in Moonstruck, "SNAP OUT IF IT!". And I too noticed all the alcohol bottles in April's house. So who will be watching Nova? Certainly not Tyler. He has social media to post on and stories to tell. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Is that what that is, a weave, and that's why it looks so weird? The thing's a freaking rat's nest. I guess it would explain why she's never in the water. God, she is strange. "I'll just have the minions put your stuff out by the trash!" And the production people were like "Did she just call us minions? Fuck this cxnt." And they made sure to film her trudging his suitcase out near the garbage. You're absolutely right, his lack of reaction to her is met with "HOW DARE YOU NOT ARGUE?" Seriously, how can this guy ever be or have been her significant other? I know she took a bunch of his business ideas (the furnished by farrah is essentially his business in San Diego, wasn't it?, the house 'flipping' that cost her money)....

Are we nearing the end with this show? I need someone to help me stop watching it. 

I'm thinking that's just a spare empty bag he brings along.  Farrah puts a dummy bag by the garbage every visit and Simon's real bag is at his actual hotel already. "Yeah, uh huh.  Toss it.  I'm good"  Shit, he's in Hawaii, he can buy all new stuff!

• Love 9

How was Tyler even going to get the chance to miss Catelynn? Didn't he go and visit her every three days??

Farrah was sure to have her hair braided before she clomped out to the trash cans.

I'm trying to decide if I want to find out that Farrah and Simon are putting on a complete show for us with their interactions. This can't possibly be real, can it? I keep thinking it has to be an act, but does Farrah really care that much about whether or not the audience is entertained? Simon is so hilariously passive, not unlike people in real life, I know, but.... it's feels like a parody. He is so calm and tries to keep smiling which I know must infuritate Farrah to the core.

I wonder how Amber felt when she found out that Matt stole her phone to get her jel-pal's number. Yes, I'm sure that ALL he looked at on her phone was that number.....suuure.

Edited by AhFillAck
My commas were spazzy. Can't have that.
  • Love 9
43 minutes ago, poopchute said:

Also I'm confused about the timeline. I thought last week was Easter but last night Taylor said they had 13 weeks til Maci's due date which would make that the last week in February.  But it was May in Ambers storyline.  When did Catelyn go to rehab?  I looked it up, it was mid March. So before Easter.  Okay I guess I need to not care that anything makes sense.

Yea, you're fighting a losing battle trying to keep timelines straight. They film them like one week a month and then mash all these scenes together however they see fit. When Ryan came to Maci's house, she was suddenly only 6 weeks from her due date. I've given up. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, EDTV said:

Say what you want about Matt but that was really sweet what he did.

Same for Tyler, if that wasn't genuine then Tyler is a much better actor than anyone gives him credit for.

I believe Matt wanted more screen time. Or else the producers did it and let Matt take the credit. And I have no doubt Tyler's tears were real. If Cate's rehab stay worked, she might leave his ass and that would be the end of his "career."

• Love 6
9 hours ago, ilovetrashtv said:

Why was Maci eating sushi at dinner?? Aren't pregnant women supposed to not eat sushi?

Edited to add: nvm, not sure why I'm even asking - this is the person who drank tons of alcohol when pregnant.

Pregnant women can still eat sushi.  It just can't be anything raw.  Crab is ok because that's always cooked, never raw.  At my favorite sushi place they even make a beef sushi roll. They still have a lot of options.  My pregnant friends have always still ate sushi - just not the normal stuff they would eat if not pregnant.

5 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I hate moving with a passion. I can't understand how or why all these girls, with the exception of maybe Chelsea, love packing up and moving every 60 seconds. 

I admin I'm an odd duck and I LOVE moving.  I just love being in a new space, starting over.  It feels good to me.  I've lived in my house for 10 years now and I would love to move.  Before I bought my house I moved every time my apartment lease was up while I was in college.  I especially loved looking for a new place to live.  To me it was just really fun!

3 hours ago, Lesia said:

Did you catch how guardedly Michael and Deb talk to Farrah?  They speak to her so gingerly, so delicately, because they know how volatile she is, that she'll fly off the handle and start spewing such irrational anger at the drop of a hat.  How can anyone live with that? 

100% they do it because they don't want Farrah to have a reason to keep Sophia from them.  Grandparents will put up with a lot of crazy shit to be able to see their grandkids.

I honestly had a lot of house envy from Maci's new house.  That place looked amazing.  And if they can afford it then good for them.  I think Maci is similar to Chelsea where she likely has a nice chunk of change stashed away. 

Cate and Tyler only buy run down houses - why? Likely because they spend all their money on pot and new toys because they don't work except for the show. 

• Love 4

I'd forgotten about Sophia, looking like Baby Jane in a coconut bra and smeared red lipstick, running around screaming, "Mommy, are you in love with Simon?!" To which Farrah replied, "Unnh, good question, Sophia." 

I want to see Simon's family and friends. I need to see these people. I need to know if Simon is doing this on a bet or something. 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, lasandi said:

So this!  Tyler is affected by Cait's illness by virtue of the fact that he cares for her and they live together.  He just wants his partner back and things back to normal so they can get on with their life.  He doesn't say the right things all the time, and the internet won't let him forget the wrong things he says and does, but I truly do believe he was broken up about Cait having to leave to get well.  And for the record I am not for Tyler but neither am I against him.  Cait and Tyler have been through so much together, I just want them to come out whole, healthy and happy  and be good parents to Nova.  

Well, they are back together and Cate is touting her weed card! Forget meds that the professionals likely told her to take and likely advised her to stop ingesting alcohol and stop smoking weed. Yep, they are back together. Back to the same shitty, black hole.

• Love 9

If Maci isn't careful with all this moving, then she's going to end up living in another glorified frat house trying to pay off taxes all over again. Weren't she and Taylor living in a very small, very modest home when "Teen Mom" came back? Then the season is over the next thing you know they're expecting and moving into a bigger place so Taylor can have his "man cave". And they're moving once again in less than a year. Moving is fun and all, but I don't see the point in doing it so much when you're living on very limited funding. What was wrong with their "old" house? It seemed big enough to me for all three kids. 

The juxtaposition between Jayde and Nova was interesting and sad. Jayde is laughing, babbling, being encouraged by her parents and brother to make weird noises and having a grand old time. Then there's Nova, sitting blank-faced in the living room and gnawing on car keys while both her parents almost pointedly ignore her. I know some of it can their personalities emerging and taking root right now, but I also think it's obvious that Jayde probably gets more stimulation from the adults in her life than Nova does. Jayde is lively; Nova is passive. Jayde is curious; Nova is cautious. It's actually kind of neat to think about. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, CofCinci said:

So much change at once isn't good for a kid.  New baby, another new baby, a new house, etc.  Hopefully he didn't have to change schools or sports teams.

We closed 4 months after our son started kindergarten. Since we had already had a lot of turmoil, we did not want him to switch schools. To maintain stability for him, we drove him in every day-45 mins each way. 5 years later, still doing it.

Am loving Simon in this epi. His lack of reaction is better than any fight.

And I totally think Amber reads these. I think her little investing speech was basically to give us the finger, ha ha.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Cate and Tyler only buy run down houses - why? Likely because they spend all their money on pot and new toys because they don't work except for the show. 

They don't live in the best area, that may genuinely be the market in their town.

My theory on Simon: drug dealer. He flys in randomly, Farrah picks a fight to cover him leaving soon after.

2 hours ago, poopchute said:

Also I'm confused about the timeline.  When did Catelyn go to rehab?  I looked it up, it was mid March. So before Easter.  Okay I guess I need to not care that anything makes sense.

Nice catch!  I guess that was why they had to edit Cate on the couch in the Easter scene last week.

• Love 2

Omg the producers not so secretly hate these girls.  Farrah talking about how if the earth is a circle and water is heavier than gravity and then they zoom in on her producer Heather who has a huge wtf look on her face and I can just see her thinking.. I make $45000 a year to put up with this bitch and she's as dumb as a box of rocks and is pulling in six figures!!  Then amber asking if it's her weekend with Leah.  Wtf!! U see ur kid twice a month and can't keep track of when ur supposed to see her?  Mother of the year amber.  

Also loved Simon sucking up because he wanted his free trip to Hawaii.  

• Love 13
2 hours ago, gunderda said:

This is one thing they do that that makes sense.  Since Tyler and Butch have nothing but time on their hands, they can put in a little "sweat equity" and increase the value of the houses.  Even if Tyler has to hire contractors to install floors, etc., he can at least do the demolition part himself.  Also, rehabbing an old run-down property means Tyler can create the "open concept" he craves.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

OMG, Maci is buying yet another house? Good Lord how many does that make? She has 3 kids not 10, why does she need a massive house? And to move while pg? Just ugh.  I also noticed her belly went from nothing to basketball sized seemingly overnight. Is there anyone in the world that actually believes she didn't know she was pregnant?

That vacation in Hawaii was truly bizarre. Debra and her ex all together? Just bizarro. As were Farrah's clothing choices. Her butt implants make her look like Mrs. Wiggins from the Carol Burnett show. And  WTF was up with Simon showing up then leaving? I get that they let Sophia dress however she wants, remember the makeup to school debacle last season? But hell, part of your job as a parent is to teach your children how to dress appropriately. That coconut bra is fine for dress up, but I would never take a kid in public wearing that getup. But look at Farrah and Debra. Not exactly role models. 

I did not even recognize Amber between the makeup and blonde hair. I don't care what kind of meds she is on. I have a hard time believing it's ok to drink when you are on any medication. 

Tyler needs a nomination for his Oscar-worthy performance when Cate left. Oh please just shut up. I want to reach through the TV and slap him in he face a la Olympia Dukakis in Moonstruck, "SNAP OUT IF IT!". And I too noticed all the alcohol bottles in April's house. So who will be watching Nova? Certainly not Tyler. He has social media to post on and stories to tell. 

Yes! Yes! Yes! I have been wracking my brain over what cartoon character it was. Thanks for filling in the blanks :)

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

This is one thing they do that that makes sense.  Since Tyler and Butch have nothing but time on their hands, they can put in a little "sweat equity" and increase the value of the houses.  Even if Tyler has to hire contractors to install floors, etc., he can at least do the demolition part himself.  Also, rehabbing an old run-down property means Tyler can create the "open concept" he craves.

agreed, fixing a house up yourself, even with some help, is much cheaper than buying an already renovated house. These guys can't win, no matter what they do people will criticize them for it.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, EDTV said:

Say what you want about Matt but that was really sweet what he did.

Same for Tyler, if that wasn't genuine then Tyler is a much better actor than anyone gives him credit for.

I wonder how many birthday parties Matt threw for his children?

ZERO.

How do two former addicts explain away drinking beer and jug-sized glasses of wine?

Taylor should go thank his "acting coach" in New Orleans for helping him. :-)  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, TaxNerd said:

My theory on Simon: drug dealer. He flys in randomly, Farrah picks a fight to cover him leaving soon after.

My theory is that Simon and Farrah have one of those relationships where they can't stand each other, but the sex is AMAZING. If so, they really should just do away with the pretense. Stop trying to make him more involved. Can you blame Simon for not wanting to engage Farrah in conversation? He's just going to have to listen to her incoherent musings about how water stays on the earth. Yea, I'd rather just stare at the ocean as well. 

• Love 9

Why does Farrahs daughter always look so dirty and disheveled?   The reunion between amber and her former cell mate seemed like she was greeting a long lost lover.  She had more genuine chemistry  with that girl than with any guy I've seen her with  it was uncomfortable to watch like we were witnessing something that should be private. Funny that aside from. Cate Lynn and Tyler who are unmotivated losers together,  the other to og girls all have these lazy unmotivated leaches attached to them. Taylor Matt and Simon could careless about their girlfriends but if these girls didn't have money and fame none of the guys would give their girl a second glance.  Sad because none of these guys is a prize.  Maci has major old lady face.  Something about her mouth 

Edited by kira28
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Cate and Tyler I'm sure  help out family with money for rent or cars or if an emergency  comes up and cash is needed, I'm sure they are the go to couple. Maci is lucky enough that her parents don't need her to help them, they are stable. The same can't be said about  April and  Butch. 

So buying a fixer house makes sense for them.  And you're exactly right @Snarky McSnarkythey have nothing else going on .  Why not take part in fixing it up?  I can't imagine having nothing to do all day day after day damn that would.... So boring. 

Amber did show so much emotion towards her ex cell mate.  I've never seen Amber that human like.  It was odd. Almost as odd as those few episodes when Farrah was calm  and almost rational. 

Speaking of Farrah... Lol, she really is a piece of work.  I've never seen so many miserable people drink probably great wine on a beautiful vacation. It was interesting to watch everyone tip toe around crazy ass Farrah!  I would have opted to stay home with a big ol box of cheap wine,  than to go anywhere with Farrah.  

I'm glad Michael was able to bring his girlfriend,  at first I thought omg Farrah vetoed the girlfriend from coming  and poor Michael is stuck with Debra and Farrah.  I'm sure Michael's girlfriend being there made Debra uncomfortable,   I like that. 

I think it was sweet that Gary offered to let Leah stay over night.  As someone else pointed out up thread, Amber wanted none of it. 

I'm trying g to figure out Gary's girlfriend Christine (?)  she seems very normal and sweet and yet shes attached herself to Gary. if Gary  looked like Ryan Gossling, I might forgive anything.   I  just can't see why she's with Gary.  Last season he openly tried to get back Amber.   Christine still stayed with him,  after seeing that.   I think she seems ok but part of me  is like, what issues are brewing underneath? 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 8
23 minutes ago, kira28 said:

The reunion between amber and her former cell mate seemed like she was greeting a long lost lover.  She had more genuine chemistry  with that girl than with any guy I've seen her with  it was uncomfortable to watch like we were witnessing something that should be private. 

Honestly, they had more chemistry than any other Teen Mom or 16 & Pregnant couple I can think of. Janelle and Kieffer are maybe the only other couple that seemed to have anything interesting going on between their nasty, unwashed sheets. It's a wonder how so many of those babies were made with such little actual attraction we see between any of them.

• Love 8

Maci is lucky...they are stable.

Maci's dad was arrested and charged with writing bad checks. Not sure how financially stable they are, but if that is their only problem, maybe all is good. Still, they have a doofus for a daughter. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, TaxNerd said:

I thought Ryan's crack regarding sneaking girls in to Bentley's room was more for Maci than Bentley.  She sort of had a smirk on her face like that was maybe something she used to do with Ryan.  

I didn't think that when I watched, but now I totally do! Good call!

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, kira28 said:

Why does Farrahs daughter always look so dirty and dispelled?  The reunion between amber and her former cell mate seemed like she was greeting a long lost lover.  She had more genuine chemistry  with that girl than with any guy I've seen her with  it was uncomfortable to watch like we were witnessing something that should be private. Funny that aside from. Cate Lynn and Tyler who are unmotivated losers together,  the other to og girls all have these lazy unmotivated leaches attached to them. Taylor Matt and Simon could careless about their girlfriends but if these girls didn't have money and fame none of the guys would give their girl a second glance.  Sad because none of these guys is a prize.  Maci has major old lady face.  Something about her mouth 

Smoking does terrible things to your face.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Lesia said:

Simon sits down on the boat and she starts reaming him for being so quiet.  Can he sit and enjoy the view?

They talk to her like the kid in the Twilight Zone's "It's a Good Life."

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Maci's dad was arrested and charged with writing bad checks. Not sure how financially stable they are, but if that is their only problem, maybe all is good. Still, they have a doofus for a daughter. 

Really?  Wow didn't know that. 

• Love 1