Type keyword(s) to search

Friendly White Cloaks: Questions And Proclamations

• Start Topic

To you three remaining: the inexplicable, undeniable, synergistic brio of the trio of Stannis Baratheon, Mance Rayder and Jon Snow.  Swords bared, heads bared, accents unbent.   

First = claiming Jon Snow. Although I do love boiled lobster...hmmm.

• Love 2

All hail Athena, and you'll likely understand this rather intimately as soon as the season actually commences:  Seven gods in a giant's eyeball, we're sorry for the specialized and nearly unique headache borne of the Habitat.   Gratitude is yours.  As is grog.  Advil is likely a damned good idea too. 

Sometimes the Unsullied meet up online in a different area where we all say things like, "Holy Fuckballs, what the hell?" a lot and we wish you all lottery wins and other manna from the ethernet.  

Here, half a dozen apologies right up front.  Thanks for making our fun possible. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Hello, everyone! I started reading the books a couple of years ago so they are still new to me, but fresh in my memory as result.

In addition to being a new mod here, I am a mod in a number of other forums including Books, Movies, Food, Health, Mad Men, Outlander (which is very similar in the books and show aspect), and a number of others. Those forums more or less summarises some of my interests. I am Canadian and was lucky enough to spend sometime in UK and Europe so I do tend to spell things the British way.

I vow to do my best to protect the fine folk of the Unsullied. I like a good goblet of wine and will do my best to feed and nourish you while also protecting you. Thank you!

• Love 8

A warm welcome back to the Spitball Wall Unsullied Brethren.

*offers bread & salt to one & all*

We have kept the wall free from book (and white) walkers during the long cold night of waiting for S5. The kettle is on and lemon cakes are available, however, FYI the fireplaces need relighting, the place needs a bit of a dusting and something has blocked the outside lavatory - not guilty!

We WhiteCloaks have sharpened our swords, polished our armour and hammered the dents out of our shields, undaunted we stand ready for S5 guard duty.

House WhiteCloak words: Always Vigilant

ETA Only 1 horn of grog each please as supplies are low (Winter Is Coming - in case you didn't get the raven).

• Love 7

Hello Cloaks!  Thanks for keeping the joint safe, sound and relatively free of Zombonis! 

(Winter Is Coming - in case you didn't get the raven).

Most recent Ravens indicate it has gotten quite lost along the Westeros Cosmic way.  Construction.  GPS went wonky.  Then it stopped off  to look at a charming little antique shop in the fifth of the Seven Hells and ran into Fall.  You know how Fall can get to gabbing, so Winter is stuck, at present, listening to Fall recount 752 Autumn Harvest Dances and how it isn't a Harvest Fest until someone gets disemboweled.   Or flayed.  Or flayed just prior to disemboweling.  Spot of rape here and there, but you know how it's always raper season regardless of the weather.  

Also, I told you all that you couldn't flush the heads of your enemies any more.  It's a hell of a clog.  Luckily I brought a plunger.  I travel everywhere with a plunger.   I can't fight worth a damn, but I'm a menace with a plunger.  

A Dust Bunny the Size of a Zompony  has take up residence in White Stumbler's quarters.  It ate the bedding.  

It might not have been made of dust.  Or been a bunny, for that matter.   

Thank you, as always, for your long and faithful service.   

• Love 5

*slogs into the Tavern brushing cobwebs off the doorway, and waving dust out of facial area*

Ye gods, you're still all yammering on about Winter coming are ye? Ha! I've heard that tale for many eons and don't give a good rat in a stomach bucket about it. It'll be another seven leagues before a flake of the white stuff ever drops down upon the sandy labyrinth that is Kings Landing! Argh (wait, that sounded more pirate-like than Spitball Wall keeper, sorry)...

Slowly, the brethren of the Spitball Wall reassemble, finding their way back to the Wall and Castle East, to re-group, re-arm, re-nourish, re-animate (wait, not really, just a bit of WW joking!), re-strategize, blah, blah,blah, fishcakes for all you old timers.  I hear Winter is Coming. And the nights will be dark and full of terrors...oooOOOO, eeeEEEE, oooOOOO. So put that in your live human bonfire and smoke it. Bah.

• Love 4

Honorable White Cloaks, protectors of the Unsullied, we thank you for inquiring as to whether or not to post the titles of the upcoming episodes. I, for one, am neutral on this issue. On the one hand, we have no clue what's coming if there is no title posted prior to air time. On the other hand, I rather like thinking about what the upcoming epi title might mean because A Show is nothing if not fickle. For example, I would never have figured out what "Red Wedding" really referred to so, yanno, I don't necessarily think A Show's titles are dead giveaways to A Viewer.  I leave it to my fellow spitballers to weigh in on this and see what the majority have to say on the matter.

Again, thank you for asking.

*fancy a grog?*

• Love 3

Yeah, I am similarly neutral about it.  Last year David Cole asked about it here and I replied something like, "Yeah, as long as the episode title isn't something like 'Joffrey Dies at Long Friggin' Last' I can't imagine it will be a problem.  

I'm sure about eighteen bookwalkers just about peed themselves laughing, because it turned out that the episode was...in fact....the one where Joffrey was going to die at long friggin' last, but it's worth mentioning that I don't think the title actually gave that away.   The one time I was right about what was going to happen in an episode and I was making a joke.  

So anyway, yeah it doesn't bother me one way or another.  Do whatever is easiest for all :) 

• Love 4

Honorable White Cloaks, protectors of the Unsullied, we thank you for inquiring as to whether or not to post the titles of the upcoming episodes. I, for one, am neutral on this issue. On the one hand, we have no clue what's coming if there is no title posted prior to air time. On the other hand, I rather like thinking about what the upcoming epi title might mean because A Show is nothing if not fickle. For example, I would never have figured out what "Red Wedding" really referred to so, yanno, I don't necessarily think A Show's titles are dead giveaways to A Viewer.  I leave it to my fellow spitballers to weigh in on this and see what the majority have to say on the matter.

Again, thank you for asking.

*fancy a grog?*

Yeah, I am similarly neutral about it.  Last year David Cole asked about it here and I replied something like, "Yeah, as long as the episode title isn't something like 'Joffrey Dies at Long Friggin' Last' I can't imagine it will be a problem.  

I'm sure about eighteen bookwalkers just about peed themselves laughing, because it turned out that the episode was...in fact....the one where Joffrey was going to die at long friggin' last, but it's worth mentioning that I don't think the title actually gave that away.   The one time I was right about what was going to happen in an episode and I was making a joke.  

So anyway, yeah it doesn't bother me one way or another.  Do whatever is easiest for all :) 

Ok we'll put them up unless they are super spoilery, if that's acceptable to all.

Ginger, I'll have a horn of grog with you! Cheers :)

• Love 6
(edited)

Hey everyone! 

In trying to keep you as Unsullied as possible, we wanted to give you a place where you can ask any of us White Cloaks any GOT related (forum or show) non spoilery questions or ask us to search for something for you that you may have run across spoilers doing yourself. (Aka a screenshot.)

So here's the thread to do it. For example, you want to know what map Bran was looking at in episode 5 of season 1? Or you can't remember the name of the inn that X & Y met in. Ask us here, and we'll be happy to find and post it. 

We will also be using this thread for any announcements we need (or just feel like ;) making.

OK, I am in need of these services. Posting a link here in response would be fine.

I'm looking for some screen grabs: 

1) janjan mentioned that one of the little kid zombonies who got the other good female wildling (not Ygritte) was the little girl from episode one of season one who was pinned to a tree. Is it possible to find one of each so we can compare and marvel at janjan's keen eye? 

2) I tried to describe where I thought Hardhome was in this post. Could you make a screen grab of that location and link to it here? Ian Glen's credit was shown right then. 

Thanks in advance. Hope this won't be too much trouble. 

Edited by Anothermi

Here's the girl from the pilot:

AB972B9F-CEBC-4821-A411-DD1971792BA7_zps

Here's the creepy kids from Hardhome (I personally think the one all the way to the left looks kind of like the girl from the pilot, but I don't believe it's the same kid):

5A96D543-FD32-445E-96DE-C9EBEFE136F8_zps'

And here's the location of Hardhome (I couldn't find a screen grab of the credits, but I did find a map of the North - note Eastwatch by the Sea, which is where Stannis's ships were located):

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/babylibra7/bran/73EAB8B6-D210-4104-9061-D3C11564BB64_zpse6xzsxj3.png

By the way, please never hesitate to ask for things like this! We all have fun researching for you guys - and I upload them to my own photobucket, so you can't be spoiled by me. (You can, however, see my son, Bran - yes, that's his name - quoting Parks and Rec if you look through the album. ;) )

• Love 4

Oh shit, now I see why I've been so backassward about this Hardhome location! I thought Hardhome was clear on the other western most side of the Wall, DUH. Thank you most merciful White Cloaks.

• Love 2

Oh shit, now I see why I've been so backassward about this Hardhome location! I thought Hardhome was clear on the other western most side of the Wall, DUH. Thank you most merciful White Cloaks.

Eastwatch is the only castle on the Wall that has sea access, ging. :) 

• Love 1

Ugh. Those zomboni kids. <shudder>

I guess... thanks? :-(

But the Baratheon fleet has got to be anchored *north* of The Wall, right? I thought Stannis & Co. got off the ship and rode directly to attack the Wildlings. No one (that I recall) said anything about the NW letting them through the gate, or that some dude with a hideously deformed nose wished them well at Eastwatch-by-the-Sea.

Eastwatch is the only castle on the Wall that has sea access, ging. :) 

Yeah, yeah, yeah...BUT...something still does not make sense to me. It appears by that map, that one could rather easily go AROUND The Wall on the west side of Shadow Tower so what's the point of The Wall if one can simply walk around the damn thing?! There seems to be a clear snippet of land there, which was where I was confused because I thought the Wall went from water to water, hence being a complete barrier to all things evil. But man, you can just walk around Shadow Tower and your in!  Grrrr, this isn't making sense...

• Love 1

Yeah, yeah, yeah...BUT...something still does not make sense to me. It appears by that map, that one could rather easily go AROUND The Wall on the west side of Shadow Tower so what's the point of The Wall if one can simply walk around the damn thing?! There seems to be a clear snippet of land there, which was where I was confused because I thought the Wall went from water to water, hence being a complete barrier to all things evil. But man, you can just walk around Shadow Tower and your in!  Grrrr, this isn't making sense...

Here is another map: http://i.imgur.com/tAONSzB.jpg

I think most of the maps are bit unclear about Shadow Tower. I don't believe you can walk around the Western end. Most maps either list the Wall ending with the Western mountain range (which would be extremely difficult for anyone to walk around or make a wall) or bordering a river.

HELLO     <Hello>      <hello>

Great echo. Thanks for cleaning the place up SilverStormm. Looks pretty good (except I think the cobwebs are creeping in already).

I am looking forward to this next season with trepidation. The existence of a pre-published story was always a comfort to me... that the writers wouldn't stray too far into unplanned territory. I'm feeling a bit like we're in a boat without a paddle, or a sail, or a rudder or... well, you get my 'drift'.

I'm hoping that the unsullied with return to this Wall to help me muddle through this season. It's more than half the fun of this show.

SENDING OUT RAVENS to all still unsullied... the time is nigh. Gather your weapons, without the wall we are lost.

<<taking an oath at the Weirwood tree north of the wall in memory of the fallen (Shimpy) and hope others have remained safe>>

• Love 5

Remaining Unsullied is hard - there seem to be Game of Thrones headlines popping up all over the Interwebz just lately. When is the premiere date? Next week? I've been trying to remember what happened at the end of last season...but puzzling through those memories is probably better in another thread.

Let me add my thanks to SilverStormm. :)

• Love 3

Hail to we few, we happy few. But what to name our swords? Oathkeeper's taken...And as a rallying cry, "To the threads!" sounds like a summons to an army of arachnids. ("Spiders the size of dogs!").

But as Ned Stark might have said, and another second son did, "We will do it, not because it is easy, but because it is hard." And because we have our faithful and friendly white cloaks standing guard over the Habitat. Thank you, Mya Stone, SilverStormm and Athena.

• Love 5
(edited)

Oh, illustrious White Cloaks. I come to ask if the Recaps advertised in our Episode threads meet the needs of the Completely Unspoiled - sticklers that we are. I enjoy the Previously Recaps but for this particular show, I think I need to be issued a Certificate of Fitness for Unsullied before I click on the link.

I'm coming from the assumption that Recap links are posted in an administrative fashion, and that our forum is included with All Others - except that we are not quite the same. I've decided to err on the side of safety and get clearance first. Are they safe for us to read?

Edited by Anothermi
48 minutes ago, Anothermi said:

Oh, illustrious White Cloaks. I come to ask if the Recaps advertised in our Episode threads meet the needs of the Completely Unspoiled - sticklers that we are. I enjoy the Previously Recaps but for this particular show, I think I need to be issued a Certificate of Fitness for Unsullied before I click on the link.

I'm coming from the assumption that Recap links are posted in an administrative fashion, and that our forum is included with All Others - except that we are not quite the same. I've decided to err on the side of safety and get clearance first. Are they safe for us to read?

Hey Anothermi, 

It saddens me to say this, as I love them, but I would steer clear of the recaps. While they're mostly safe, sometimes there are hints of either things to come or theories that fandom holds dear in them. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Mya Stone said:

Hey Anothermi,

It saddens me to say this, as I love them, but I would steer clear of the recaps. While they're mostly safe, sometimes there are hints of either things to come or theories that fandom holds dear in them. 

I knew I could depend on you to have our back. Thanks for the confirmation. I kind of suspected that would be the answer, but better to have asked than clicked. I can read the recaps for other shows, and when this one is over I can read the ones for this show - just to hang on a bit longer.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Anothermi said:

I knew I could depend on you to have our back. Thanks for the confirmation. I kind of suspected that would be the answer, but better to have asked than clicked. I can read the recaps for other shows, and when this one is over I can read the ones for this show - just to hang on a bit longer.

Comrade, Wall brethren, do.not.click.on.those.recraps! I have always assumed they are from, at the very least, an Unspoiled perspective and possibly with unintentional Bookwalker references. Look away anothermi, look away! Care not for what is contained in such dark threads as they are of no use to us here. We can only see our way forward like A Girl with No Name...hands out, feeling our way together through the night that is dark and full of terrors...

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 2

Dear White Cloaks, would it be possible to set us Unsullied up with a SO1 area so we can begin a re-watch? If so, is it easier for us to start each epi thread, or could you simply put up the entire season's thread titles (to make it easier on your side), and we can just fill them in as we move through our 2016-17 rewatch until SO7 comes along? Please let us know...and as always, many kind thanks for your protection and support this season!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, gingerella said:

Dear White Cloaks, would it be possible to set us Unsullied up with a SO1 area so we can begin a re-watch? If so, is it easier for us to start each epi thread, or could you simply put up the entire season's thread titles (to make it easier on your side), and we can just fill them in as we move through our 2016-17 rewatch until SO7 comes along? Please let us know...and as always, many kind thanks for your protection and support this season!

Hello. We can definitely help you guys with a rewatch. Our dear @SilverStormm can make the subforums for the seasons before S04 and we'll help with the episode threads as you get through them.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Athena said:

Hello. We can definitely help you get guys with a rewatch. Our dear @SilverStormm can make the subforums for the seasons before S04 and we'll help with the episode threads as you get through them.

Yeah...and whoa! I guess I just figured out what I'm doing for the Summer...hehe...

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

The subforums for Season 1-3 have been added, enjoy your rewatch!

Thank you Lady SilverStorm...So, will you be putting up the episode threads or shall we do that part?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

@gingerella whichever you prefer is fine.

Wellll, if you have the epi names on hand and can line em up that'd be cool, otherwise we'll do it. Whatever is easier for you, our esteemed guardian...we realize you have other realms to exist in so we don't want to take up too much of your time.

(edited)

I'd be happy to create the episode threads. I have the names and I'd include the original air date following the Previously formula.

ETA:

@SilverStormm - I posted the 1st thread but forgot to put the Unsullied Rules tag on it. Sorry. If you could amend that I think I've got the system down now.

Edited by Anothermi
correct tense
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Anothermi said:

I'd be happy to create the episode threads. I have the names and I'd include the original air date following the Previously formula.

ETA:

@SilverStormm - I posted the 1st thread but forgot to put the Unsullied Rules tag on it. Sorry. If you could amend that I think I've got the system down now.

No problem, done.

Are you going to add the episode synopsis to each one also?

2 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

No problem, done.

I'll ask the others and see if they will need it. I will, having had time to think about it, copy and paste the Unsullied Rules post they you put at the top of all the other episodes there.

On 2016-07-02 at 8:09 AM, SilverStormm said:

Because it's a re-watch, and because I don't know the "official" synopses and don't plan to risk finding them on the net, we've decided to do "off the cuff" synopses - if that is OK with you guys, or not breaking any rules.

I've put one up in Episode One as an example. All the Unsullied can propose these as I may run out of inspiration (if it can be called that).

Greetings beloved White Cloaks!

Season 7 fast approach-eth and I have already realized that my memory for who is who needs assistance. I had to resort to hunting down the Character Guide (to look up Sansa's name no less!?!) and found that it is now at the bottom of the page. And this after a detour into the thread called "Character Guide Updates" which turned out to NOT be the character guide itself.

Could you pin the Character Guide to the top again? Otherwise it will disappear to the second page by the 2nd episode. I know I am not the only Unsullied with brain cells that are slow to retrieve GoT history.

Help yourself to the grog, mead or libation of your choice. Our Watch begins.

• Love 2

Hello, White Cloaks! As we prepare for all our watches to end, would you consider reconsidering the status of Escaping the Habitat? It's been nearly four years since the sad stampede at the end of Season 5. As a subforum, it still sits atop the gate to our enclosure. Could it become a topic instead: accessible but not inescapable?  With my heartfelt thanks again for the hand you extended and the home you preserved. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pallas said:

Hello, White Cloaks! As we prepare for all our watches to end, would you consider reconsidering the status of Escaping the Habitat? It's been nearly four years since the sad stampede at the end of Season 5. As a subforum, it still sits atop the gate to our enclosure. Could it become a topic instead: accessible but not inescapable?  With my heartfelt thanks again for the hand you extended and the home you preserved. 

Hi Pallas,

I have a couple of proclamations:

• The subforum has been removed - the topic has been locked and moved into the Habitat proper. 
  • Whitecloak changes: Mya Stone emigrated to Essos, so we've had to find brave new soul to don a whitecloak for the final season. Please welcome @raven in the unique way only the Unsullied can. She vows to: 
    • "Shield your back, and keep your counsel, and give her life for yours if need be. She swears it by the old gods and the new."
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

All hail @raven! We shall be ever in your debt for protecting the sanctum of the Unsullied Habitat,and should you yourself ever require protection, we may be called upon to act as your sellswords...not that you would want that though, as we are a gentle folk, prone to spontaneous wit and merriment and a penchant for our ale. It is known...

• Love 4

@gingerella thank you!  Some believe that words are wind but I make my White Cloak vow with a true and steadfast heart.

"I do proclaim that I have read all the ASOIAF books, watched each and every episode and utterly spoiled myself on all that is Game of Thrones. I vow that I shall use this knowledge to uphold my first duty, which is to defend the unsullied kingdom from all unavowed Bookwalkers & spoilers from this day until my last day or until the last season of Game of Thrones ends (whichever comes first).
Furthermore, I solemnly swear as a champion of this, the purest of realms, to:
• Protect the innocence and defend the honor of the unsullied.
• To give counsel (via reports, announcements or non spoilery questions), otherwise to remain as an invisible &  silent sentinel.
• To be the shield against accursed ‘helpful’ extra information.
• To remain vigilant for rascally hints, knavish nudges and roguish ‘pay attention to this, wink winks’.
• To roam throughout the kingdom for spitball congratulators or confirmers and challenge them to trial by combat using my infallible mod amour and trusty (and un-named, ahem) Valyrian steel sword."

And now my watch begins.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

@raven, we have uttered your name before the Weirwood trees so you shall have the protection of the Olde Gods...All that is left to do now is say:

'Here, here! A barrel of our best grog to thee...and we'll send over some of Hot Pie's best snacks to go with!'

• Love 3
23 hours ago, gingerella said:

'Here, here! A barrel of our best grog to thee...and we'll send over some of Hot Pie's best snacks to go with!'

And I think I'll take two chickens.

🐔🐔

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)

In advance of the coming finality of the GoT Final, I want to give profound thanks to all the many White Cloaks who built and maintain this unprecedented habitat.

I know it hasn't been smooth sailing for you all but I have felt supported and protected by you all (sometimes not understanding decisions until a while later).

All Hail !!!

@SilverStormm

@Mya Stone

@Which Tyler

@David T. Cole

@Skywarpgold

@Athena

@raven

(hope I haven't forgotten any of you. Let me know if I have)

Edited by Anothermi
  • Love 8
(edited)

Here ye, here ye (okay, so just pretend I was ringing a bell dressed in a silly town crier outfit okay?)

Dear White Cloaks,

I too, would like to echo @Anothermi's sentiments of gratitude. We greatly appreciate - more than words can ever say - how much time, energy and passion PTV/Primetimer and the White Cloaks have given to us over these many years, and you will always have our support should you require it! As A Show's last episode approaches, we have no idea how much time, energy, and coordination it has taken to keep our little Hobbit-like realm relatively protected all these years. We hope we've not been too much of a bother to you all but if we have, unbeknownst to us, we want you to know how very much we appreciate each and every one of you.

In addition to our trusted White Cloaks, I also would like to extend a heartfelt two-handed 'forearm' handshake to all the Bookwalkers out there whom I imagine have played a supporting role in keeping our little realm protected as well. I suspect there have been times when you've sent ravens or sounded the horn to let the White Cloaks know we had an infiltrator in our midst, and I thank you deeply for your protection as well.

Lastly, may I add to @Anothermi's above list @Nymeria and @Independent George for their extremely helpful Unsullied Index and Character Guide which often helped us to navigate the labyrinth that is A Show.

With deep respect, we bend the knee to you - our protectors - and offer hot pies and barrels of grog to ye all!

Gingerella

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Lastly, may I add to @Anothermi's above list @Nymeria and @Independent George for their extremely helpful Unsullied Index and Character Guide which often helped us to navigate the labyrinth that is A Show.

Thanks for adding those two. I'd be lost without that guide. And I want to shout out to Maximum Taco (aka Max Taco) from TWoP who provided our first Character Guide)

We few have so many to be thankful to.

• Love 5