Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Driving Miss Siggy

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Iguessnot said:

The only bad part of the scene was watching Jac trying to make Nicholas present the flower with a greeting to one of the girls. Of course she cries again.  

Jac needs to learn that her son is not a trained seal.  Let him be a person.

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

What is up with Siggy's son and his constant talk about his mom grabbing his thigh, butt, etc.  It's very strange.  To make your mom's touch sound like something sexual?  

I don't think he's trying to make it sound like something sexual. I think he's trying to get across to her that he doesn't like it, maybe it makes him uncomfortable at his age and she's not hearing him. It's not a sexual thing, it's just what happens when your kids grow up. They don't want mom hanging on them like that anymore. 

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Because Kathy now has an ugly new McMansion to pay for.  I hope Victoria is ok. 

What the hell is wrong with these mothers that are afraid to let their sons grow up? It's sick. 

Kathy may be that rare NJ RH who actually used her earnings to pay for the house instead of overcommitting to a loan based on any RHNJ salary.  The Manzos and Wakiles seemed to be the rare birds that save before they spend, and have husbands with long term successful businesses.  I think that is why Kathy is the odd man out, she is getting bigger and better while Jac, Melissa and Teresa are scrambling to survive in their overpriced abodes.

I just want to know with all the bank these ladies make why is it so forbidden for them to have things such as daycare and housekeepers? 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Kathy may be that rare NJ RH who actually used her earnings to pay for the house instead of overcommitting to a loan based on any RHNJ salary.  The Manzos and Wakiles seemed to be the rare birds that save before they spend, and have husbands with long term successful businesses.  I think that is why Kathy is the odd man out, she is getting bigger and better while Jac, Melissa and Teresa are scrambling to survive in their overpriced abodes.

I just want to know with all the bank these ladies make why is it so forbidden for them to have things such as daycare and housekeepers? 

I would think they need the help with as much as they have to be away for filming events, and trips and such. 

• Love 1

I have a soft spot in my heart for Milania.  Yes, she can be a terror, but there's something about her I love!

I've had a soft spot for Milania too, being the third in a family of daughters. (Even though there's no way I acted out like that...at least, not without a spanking.) Yes, she's had simply awful moments, but God only knows what she's influenced by at home. I think when she's acted out, Joe just tells her to shut up, rather than explain why she's acting inappropriately. I remember Tre saying that no other daughter has given her the grief Milania does, but no other daughter also gives kisses and "I love yous" the way Milania does. I don't think she's necessarily using affection to play her parents. Her friendship with Antonia, the chickens - Milania can be a softie.

I do feel for her that she's chubby where her sisters aren't, and that she's getting teased about it. I noticed it in photos of the family at the Jersey Shore this summer - everyone, including Tre of course, was wearing bikinis, and Milania looked noticeably thicker than her sisters. I was a chunky kid too (my sisters weren't) and it can really do a number on a little girl, especially if parents try to use shame as "motivation." 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Kathy's cannoli kits are no longer on the QVC website.  If you go to Kathy's website, you can buy her coffee, but if you click on the cannoli picture, you go nowhere.  Looks like coffee is it. She's also hawking $37 aprons and jewelry. A regular spot on RHONJ would probably help revive what appears to be a sagging product line.   I see only one chain store listed where you can buy her items - Mariano's which looks to be exclusively in Illinois.

Here's July 2016 interview of Kathy and Richie by none other than Bethenny.  (IIRC, they were frequent guests on her former talk show.) 

http://www.realitytea.com/2016/07/14/kathy-wakile-stays-real-housewives-new-jersey-explains-tension-teresa-giudice/

"Bethenny feels that this new BFF crap with Melissa and Teresa is total bull. Kathy says “I think maybe deep down they would like it to be, but there are these little things that still irk each other.” Rich thinks that if they finally got together and realized that it’s great TV for them to be friendly and it makes them more Benjamins, why the hell not?"'

(So, they even manage to disparage the reconciliation between Melissa and Teresa.   No wonder she wants nothing to do with them. )

Richie also says:

"Rich shares that he’s known Teresa since they were young kids and feels like she’s a sister to him. “So, if I’m busting your chops, it’s not because there are cameras there, it’s because I’ve been busting your chops since I met you. I didn’t change for the camera, it’s been like this since day 1. ” When asked if blood is thicker than water, Rich says “I don’t know, these days it’s crazy. The Italians say that but do they live it?”

But was blood thicker than water when they were going after Teresa?  Not so much.  And a "sister to him"?  First I've heard of that. And they did a little more than "bust her chops". 

I don't think the Wakiles give a hoot about Teresa.  They want back on the show. 

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

I don't think the Wakiles give a hoot about Teresa.  They want back on the show. 

I agree. They only seem to give a damn when they are filming. Then they want to reconcile for the sake of the family. I also, do not think that video with Kathy's mother (Is it her mother?) is the reason that Teresa does not want to really talk to them beyond being cordial with each other. I just think that is all Bravo has on camera and replays that over and over when they discuss that they are not speaking. 

9 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

I see only one chain store listed where you can buy her items - Mariano's which looks to be exclusively in Illinois.

Interesting. I go to Mariano's somewhat regularly (not as often as Standard Market, Trader Joe's or Whole Foods) and I have never seen them, but I have never actively looked for any of her products either. Maybe I will look on my next visit, but probably not.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I agree. They only seem to give a damn when they are filming. Then they want to reconcile for the sake of the family. I also, do not think that video with Kathy's mother (Is it her mother?) is the reason that Teresa does not want to really talk to them beyond being cordial with each other. I just think that is all Bravo has on camera and replays that over and over when they discuss that they are not speaking. 

Whether they like it or not, Teresa's  the Queen and they have to play up to her.  Kind of like LVP on RHOBH, or Bethenny on NYC.  Being "against" the queen usually means you don't last very long

• Love 5
  1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

What the hell is wrong with these mothers that are afraid to let their sons grow up? It's sick. 

I was briefly engaged to an Italian guy, who was, like the Jersey folks, extremely close with his family. There were kind of two big deal breakers in that relationship for me: 1) No matter what we had planned, if his mother or father called and wanted him/us to do something for or with them, our plans were instantly canceled. 2) His edict that, when we had children, no one outside of the family could ever care for them -- ever. So when I see these ladies like Teresa and Melissa getting along without a nanny or housekeeper (and I don't believe Melissa has hired help), I remember that situation with my ex and I believe and understand their situation entirely.

• Love 6

Teresa did reconcile with her brother and Melissa, but he is her brother.  I wonder how close she was to the Wakiles to begin with.

This.

I remember seasons ago learning about what happened to Kathy and Rosie's mother. But I also remember hearing that something went down between their father and Gorga Senior, it had something to do with owing money, a business deal I think.  Actually, I think it was said that Gorga Senior owed their dad money and so...

At any rate, I always got the impression that because the two siblings were estranged so were their kids.  No way did I buy that they were sharing holidays after what went down between Gorga Senior and his brother in-law. So why in the hell is it up to Tre to embrace them now? She was a kid, she didn't grow up being close to them.

She got this gig first and I don't blame her one bit for not trying to make it easy for Kathy and Rosie to get screen time. She doesn't have to, she's not close to them,  and I don't buy that she nor her brother grew up being close to them because their parents weren't close. 

Joe Gorga attached himself to the Wakiles to stick it to his father IMO, because he was pissed at the closeness between his father, mother, Tre and Juicy. Now it looks like he and Melissa are ready to drop the Wakiles now that they have been brought closer into Tre's fold.

Edited by represent
  • Love 11

I cannot believe that Tre still thinks that the kids didn't know she was in jail. As Juicy said, "they gots compooters". I mean seriously, either she is straight up lying or in some kind of fantasy land. All those kids have access to the damn internet. And they effing visited her in jail!! Did she honestly think that they thought that the camp where you go to write a book has a barbed wire fence and armed guards and everyone who is there writing  book wears a green jumpsuit and can't use a cell phone? The kids were there for crying out loud. GMAFB

I still believe that the who Joe Gorga wants a stay at home wife storyline is totally for the cameras. Otherwise they got nuttin. 

Rosie and Kathy - desperate for a Bravo paycheck. I heard that they have restructured the way they do pay and contracts on RH. THat they only pay for 4 eps at a time and you have to bring it otherwise you are done quickly. I suppose to prevent the ones who decide they won't film with anyone to just sit back and collect the same paycheck. 

Siggy and Delores - FFed through their parts.  

I think it's hilarious that Teresa thought she'd devised such a brilliant cover story for her time "at camp". for fuck's sake, every single time she called the house a recorded voice announced they were getting a call from a prisoner at Danbury. Her kids may be little snots sometimes, but they've never done or said anything to make me think they're so stupid they couldn't decipher that code.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Muffyn said:

Jac has said that one of her priorities now with Nicholas is "socializing" him so showing him how to interact in a nice way with friends would be part of the program.  I  get the feeling Nicholas doesn't have people skills that we mostly take for granted.  The more interaction he has with friends on a one on one basis has got to be good so I applaud Jac.  She also said that she wanted Teresa's girls to feel comfortable in her home again which was nice.  Jac's not my favorite but she appears to be trying hard to help her autistic son up to and including making nice with Teresa and bringing Teresa's children over for play dates.  For me it was an oasis of kindness and sweetness that these hw shoes rarely provide.  Loved it.

Oh Teresa.  Have you met your husband?  Did you really think he was going to spin some fairy tale about you being off writing a book instead of being in prison?  lols!  The girls probably knew from the start Teresa was in prison, Gia certainly did.   The rest of them, Joe would have told  the minute they asked or appeared to be confused.  That's what Joe was trying to tell her during the "yoga massage".  He knew the girls knew because he told them and they probably discussed it at length.  I thought Teresa appeared to tear up during this conversation. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

What is up with Siggy's son and his constant talk about his mom grabbing his thigh, butt, etc.  It's very strange.  To make your mom's touch sound like something sexual?  

That was kind of creepy. I think his general point is that she's too affectionate with him, he's too old to be hugged on and squeezed, etc. I'll admit, I'm a butt squeezer. My kids have the cutest butts! But my oldest is 8 and I'm trying to reign it in. Haha! Also, if she's repeatedly touching him when she KNOWS he doesn't like it, even if there's nothing nefarious about it, she's sending her son a very bad message. Respect his body, please. 

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

That was kind of creepy. I think his general point is that she's too affectionate with him, he's too old to be hugged on and squeezed, etc. I'll admit, I'm a butt squeezer. My kids have the cutest butts! But my oldest is 8 and I'm trying to reign it in. Haha! Also, if she's repeatedly touching him when she KNOWS he doesn't like it, even if there's nothing nefarious about it, she's sending her son a very bad message. Respect his body, please. 

I totally agree. If she's *really* doing that, she needs to stop.  I hope that he's just embellishing that a bit.  But it's two times now he's specifically mentioned toughing thighs and grabbing butts.  It's just bizarre!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Please tell me that Tre's story of going to prison is all a part of her "I'm so stupid I couldn't possibly be a crook and therefore I am a victim of Juicy Joe" because it is hard for me to believe someone is so stupid that she would lie to her daughters abou something that takes a 5 second google search string that even her youngest could do.

imo Tre's fantasyland has more to do with being a narcissist who simply refuses to see herself in that icky prison light than with what is best for her daughters.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Well, I think that's his point - he finds her touch inappropriate. I actually think it's pretty brave of him to speak up since Siggy is clearly overbearing. He wants some boundaries.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Well, I think that's his point - he finds her touch inappropriate. I actually think it's pretty brave of him to speak up since Siggy is clearly overbearing. He wants some boundaries.

That's a good point.  

• Love 2
Just now, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Yes! There are boundary issues - and in that scene when the kids ask her to listen to them for two minutes, Josh also said that with her it's always Siggy's world. Hopefully, she isn't just the latest Bravo housewife hired because of her narcissistic tendencies. For me, her loud talking alone is too much. Ugh.

• Love 3

imo Tre's fantasyland has more to do with being a narcissist who simply refuses to see herself in that icky prison light than with what is best for her daughters.

If that's true, then I'd think a book in large part about her experiences in prison (along with Twitter photos of her smiling in prison garb) was not the best course of action. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Of course she is doing it for the money. That was obvious.  "Why even film?" was a rhetorical question.

2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't think Kathy made enough $$$ from the HW or her sadly pathetic cannollis to pay cash for that house. She wasn't a "main player" like Tre, Mel or ever Caroline and wasn't full time long enough.  I also don't buy that Richie is a "successful" businessman. He may own a business but he's not big time/long term successful business like the Manzos, who have owned their home a long time. I do recall Richie has some business troubles and was sued and a company refused to deliver gas to his gas stations for non payment IIRC.  Seems odd that at their age they would build such a large home with no kids at home unless they were trying to keep up with Tre and Mel. Let's say they did indeed have the cash to build that monstrosity outright - how will they now pay the NJ taxes, pay for heating and cooling all that space, pay for upkeep of the house when things break and how will they clean something that large as they get older if they cannot afford a housekeeper?

1 hour ago, represent said:

At any rate, I always got the impression that because the two siblings were estranged so were their kids.  No way did I buy that they were sharing holidays after what went down between Gorga Senior and his brother in-law. So why in the hell is it up to Tre to embrace them now? She was a kid, she didn't grow up being close to them.

She got this gig first and I don't blame her one bit for not trying to make it easy for Kathy and Rosie to get screen time. She doesn't have to, she's not close to them,  and I don't buy that she nor her brother grew up being close to them because their parents weren't close. 

Rosie and Tre have both said they were close as teenagers. Tre talked about how Kathy froze out Rosie as a teen in a bid to be in the popular crowd and when Rosie initially came out Kathy wasn't supportive of her while Tre was. Rosie at first admitted this was true, them backtracked on the part about Kathy blowing her off a a teen, I'm sure due to pressure from Kathy in a bid to not look like the bitch she is. Rosie did maintain, however, that she and Tre were close and Tre was very supportive of her when she came out, more so that Kathy.  IMO, Rosie doesn't care about HW fame or money. She came on the show to please Kathy once it was clear that Andy loved her and wanted more Rosie scenes. More Rosie = more Kathy who was a famewhore from the start.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Well, I'm on the other side of the room.  I really like Kathy.  I always have.  I hope Victoria is ok.  I want to see more of her new home.  Yeah, Rich not so much but in reality is he any worse than the 'Joes'?

How can you talk to someone privately when they don't acknowledge you?  How can you try to resolve anything when they don't answer your texts.  Tre was total BS in that whole scene.  Rosie can be overly emotional to say the least but I do think she wants the family to be in a better place.  I was surprised at Joe's reaction to Rosie.  I really thought that they were close in the past.  Kind of sad.  I feel the most sad for their mom, Maria.  She had it toughest of all of them all.  I'm looking at you Joe and Tre's dad.

I'm on that side with you.  I don't love Kathy, but I've long thought she's the most real person on the show.  Teresa has treated Kathy and Rosie like garbage since day one, and I think she follows her bully of a father's lead.  I remember Teresa trying to tell Rosie that Teresa has always supported Rosie and her sexuality, whereas Kathy didn't.   Hmmmm.  Not only was that apparently untrue, but let me say, isn't that ......... causing trouble within their family?  Teresa was deliberately sowing oats of strife between siblings, a relationship which Teresa claims to hold sacrosanct.  How about Teresa's mother screaming at Kathy for having the audacity to point out she removed baby Audrianna from the scene in which her two baboon parents were busy trying to beat up ....... their own family.

There is something incredibly dysfunctional in that Gorga family, and it's really twisted the dynamic of the family.  Senior Gorga taught his daughter that his sister and her children were inferior and not to be tolerated.  Teresa thinks her brother should put her before his own wife.  Teresa tried her hardest to cause strife in that marriage, and arguably turned the senior Gorgas against the juniors.

And this is where I get the trace of respect for Joey.  He didn't follow his family's lead and ostracize his cousins.  There was obvious warmth and love between the Wakiles, junior Gorgas, and Rosie.  The Gorga kids would run to Kathy for hugs and kisses, etc.  Whereas you could tell that Teresa's and Joey's children were less familiar with each other - excepting Antonia and Milania.  And then there's the moment in which Teresa tried to claim she was at Victoria's bedside through her entire brain surgery experience, and Kathy answers - yes, you did visit that one time.  And now Victoria is having concerning symptoms, and Teresa proves she really couldn't care less about any of them.

I'm sitting back amused at all the criticism of Kathy this season.  It's reminding me of the Melissa vs. Teresa that went on for years.  The supporters of each were ride or die, passionately defending one while trashing the other.  And all I could think was - they're the same person.  At the time, what you could trash about one was true of the other.   Now T's supporters mock Kathy for building a house she can't afford.   Check - true for Teresa, too.  Kathy is a famewhore trying to get camera time to pay for that house.  Check - true for Teresa.  Kathy's husband is a barbarian.  Check.  Kathy's just trying to cause trouble with her cousin.  Check.  And it goes on.  Point out that Tre and Joe are convicted felons, and you hear:  Richie ripped off the oil company, Joey learned from Joe so he's probably doing the same thing, and the Lauritas are doing the exact same thing and it will all come out!  And the Manzos' father was dead in the trunk!

Teresa is just very possessive and territorial with her family.  She doesn't care that Kathy and Rosie are Joey's cousins, because he's HERS.  She doesn't care they have an affectionate relationship.  She doesn't care that Rosie and her husband have a relationship, Joe is HERS.  She doesn't like that the junior Gorgas are friends with the Lauritas, that's HER family.  So any friendship between the Lauritas, Wakiles, junior Gorgas, and Rosie, translates to outsiders encroaching on Teresa's territory.  Teresa really seems to think that these relationships are phony, and hundred of hours have been spent over years simply to fuck with her, steal her show, and make her look bad. 

And I don't even dislike Teresa.

• Love 6

Watching Watch What Happens Live, all I can say is where was Siggy when Caroline was ruining this show with her toxicity? Caroline was practically snarling with contempt when Siggy refused to agree that Teresa was not completely wrong in the Kathy/Rosie feud. And Siggy was not having any of Caroline's protestations! It was great.

• Love 13

Responding to TattleTeeny above (can't get the quote feature to work):

It seems that Tre is good at compartmentalization - keeping her making-a-living self separate from her dedicated-mommy self in her mind.

Wikipedia's definition of compartmentalization is pretty good:

unconscious psychological defense mechanism used to avoid cognitive dissonance, or the mental discomfort and anxiety caused by a person's having conflicting values, cognitions, emotions, beliefs, etc. within themselves.

Compartmentalization allows these conflicting ideas to co-exist by inhibiting direct or explicit acknowledgement and interaction between separate compartmentalized self states.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

And this is where I get the trace of respect for Joey.  He didn't follow his family's lead and ostracize his cousins.  There was obvious warmth and love between the Wakiles, junior Gorgas, and Rosie.  The Gorga kids would run to Kathy for hugs and kisses, etc.  Whereas you could tell that Teresa's and Joey's children were less familiar with each other - excepting Antonia and Milania.  And then there's the moment in which Teresa tried to claim she was at Victoria's bedside through her entire brain surgery experience, and Kathy answers - yes, you did visit that one time.  And now Victoria is having concerning symptoms, and Teresa proves she really couldn't care less about any of them.

I agree that there is a high level of dysfunction within the Gorga family and I also find Sr Gorga to be a scary creepy guy. But I disagree that Teresa and Joey's children aren't familiar with each other. They must have had numerous interactions before the show started a feud since Gia was very, very close with Joe Go - by Joe's own admission. Tre's kids seemed to love Melissa, always running to hug and kiss her in past seasons.

I doubt Tre knows Victoria had 2 supposed dizzy spells since Kathy told Delores that had just happened (IMO to garner audience sympathy) and Tre and Kathy hadn't been speaking so Tre couldn't know about that. To say Tre "couldn't care less about any of them" would not include Victoria and her dizzy spells. And where was Kathy showing support for Tre's kids while Tre was in prison? She could have baked a basket of goodies and schlepped it over to the girls since that seems to be her "thing" on the show. Rosie at least was there for Joe Gui - and I do think he's an asshole for treating her poorly at the book signing. IMO,Tre needs to be blunt with Kathy since the polite hinting around way of telling Kathy to go fuck herself isn't working. Tre needs to tell her point blank off camera that she has no interest in pursuing a relationship with her any longer and to please stop contacting her and stalking her.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Please tell me that Tre's story of going to prison is all a part of her "I'm so stupid I couldn't possibly be a crook and therefore I am a victim of Juicy Joe" because it is hard for me to believe someone is so stupid that she would lie to her daughters abou something that takes a 5 second google search string that even her youngest could do.

And even if they didn't do a google search you know that some bully at school told them what kids were snickering about behind their backs. Kids can be mean that way. I hope some counselor knew to address the issue.

I might have to actually pay attention to this epi. If the editors can make me sympathetic to Milania they deserve an Emmy. 

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, happykitteh said:

I agree that there is a high level of dysfunction within the Gorga family and I also find Sr Gorga to be a scary creepy guy. But I disagree that Teresa and Joey's children aren't familiar with each other. They must have had numerous interactions before the show started a feud since Gia was very, very close with Joe Go - by Joe's own admission. Tre's kids seemed to love Melissa, always running to hug and kiss her in past seasons.

I doubt Tre knows Victoria had 2 supposed dizzy spells since Kathy told Delores that had just happened (IMO to garner audience sympathy) and Tre and Kathy hadn't been speaking so Tre couldn't know about that. To say Tre "couldn't care less about any of them" would not include Victoria and her dizzy spells. And where was Kathy showing support for Tre's kids while Tre was in prison? She could have baked a basket of goodies and schlepped it over to the girls since that seems to be her "thing" on the show. Rosie at least was there for Joe Gui - and I do think he's an asshole for treating her poorly at the book signing. IMO,Tre needs to be blunt with Kathy since the polite hinting around way of telling Kathy to go fuck herself isn't working. Tre needs to tell her point blank off camera that she has no interest in pursuing a relationship with her any longer and to please stop contacting her and stalking her.

I think Joey was close to Gia when she was the only child.  Then Melissa came along and Tre taught Gia to dislike Melissa.  When the junior Gorgas first started on the show, I thought interactions between the kids and adults (excepting Gia and Joey) was a bit stiff.  Whereas the Wakiles had consistently been in the lives of Joey's kids prior to starting the show.  And I always found Tre pretty stiff around her niece and nephews.

If Victoria was having these symptoms, I find it hard to believe Teresa wouldn't have found out through Melissa.  She just doesn't care.  She's following her father's lead - they don't exist.  I don't find Kathy the strange one in this situation.  I have no idea what Kathy did or did not do for Teresa's kids while she was at camp.  I would think Teresa banned them from her home.  Maybe Kathy sent over goodies for the girls while their father was getting drunk with Rosie.

• Love 3

I'm sure Tre is pissed at Joe for not going along with her Working At A Prison To Write A Book cover story. I hope while Joe is away she doesn't poison their minds by blaming it all on Joe. "Mommy had to go to prison because DADDY did a bad thing". This would be a great teaching moment for the girls, to explain in an age appropriate was for the younger ones, that there are no shortcuts and when you do wrong you will be caught and you will be punished. But who am I kidding? That would mean being a responsible parent rather than putting your image first. I would think it would be more damaging for her girls to think that Tre voluntarily left them for a year for a work project than to let them know she had no choice but to leave them.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

And I always found Tre pretty stiff around her niece and nephews.

I have no idea what Kathy did or did not do for Teresa's kids while she was at camp.  I would think Teresa banned them from her home.  Maybe Kathy sent over goodies for the girls while their father was getting drunk with Rosie.

I did find it strange that Tre's kids seemed to love the heck out of Melissa (except for Gia) and ran to her for hugs and kisses and interacted with her whereas Tre never really showed much affection to Joe's kids.

Kathy and Tre both said there was no interaction with Kathy and the Guidice family while she was in prison. I hope she did indeed send a basket of goodies with Rosie.

20 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It seemed to me that while Teresa was at camp Rosie drank with Joe. While Joe enjoyed it , I'm sure, that's not showing support, imo.

For Joe that's probably as good as it gets, lol!

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

And even if they didn't do a google search you know that some bully at school told them what kids were snickering about behind their backs. Kids can be mean that way. I hope some counselor knew to address the issue.

I might have to actually pay attention to this epi. If the editors can make me sympathetic to Milania they deserve an Emmy. 

I can't remember if it's this episode or a previous one, but Milania is laying in bed on her side, and a tear runs down her face.  She looks so old and weary.  It broke my heart a little.  She's a holy terror, but she can be sweet and sensitive.  She can't help she's being raised by wolves.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, pbutler111 said:

I was briefly engaged to an Italian guy, who was, like the Jersey folks, extremely close with his family. There were kind of two big deal breakers in that relationship for me: 1) No matter what we had planned, if his mother or father called and wanted him/us to do something for or with them, our plans were instantly canceled. 2) His edict that, when we had children, no one outside of the family could ever care for them -- ever. So when I see these ladies like Teresa and Melissa getting along without a nanny or housekeeper (and I don't believe Melissa has hired help), I remember that situation with my ex and I believe and understand their situation entirely.

Teresa did have a babystitter Season1, she became famous when Teresa's dad asked if she was menstruating because if she was she could not help with the tomato canning.  No idea if she was related.

5 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I can't remember if it's this episode or a previous one, but Milania is laying in bed on her side, and a tear runs down her face.  She looks so old and weary.  It broke my heart a little.  She's a holy terror, but she can be sweet and sensitive.  She can't help she's being raised by wolves.

It's a shame they aren't equipped to better help her funnel that energy. Instead it seems that if not encouraged it is at least acceptable.

4 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Teresa did have a babystitter Season1, she became famous when Teresa's dad asked if she was menstruating because if she was she could not help with the tomato canning.  No idea if she was related.

I think I remember that. Were they canning in the garage? 

I had, until now, blocked the menses issue. Thanks?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Responding to TattleTeeny above (can't get the quote feature to work):

It seems that Tre is good at compartmentalization - keeping her making-a-living self separate from her dedicated-mommy self in her mind.

Wikipedia's definition of compartmentalization is pretty good:

unconscious psychological defense mechanism used to avoid cognitive dissonance, or the mental discomfort and anxiety caused by a person's having conflicting values, cognitions, emotions, beliefs, etc. within themselves.

Compartmentalization allows these conflicting ideas to co-exist by inhibiting direct or explicit acknowledgement and interaction between separate compartmentalized self states.

Oh, I know what it is (I employ it daily in my own dealings with family); I just don't know if I agree with that of the original post being the reason for Teresa concealing her whereabouts from the kids. To be honest, I don't find it that weird, outside of the fact that it's crazy to believe that at least two of the four (and most likely three) fully know the deal.

• Love 2

Teresa instead of adopting the bad people are in prison, should have adopted the position with her children, people make mistakes and it is best to admit and not lie about them.

There is just something very odd about Teresa lying to her children for now about going to prison, and when they are old enough and she has to explain she went to prison for perjury (lying).  If I were their kid I would think twice about pretty much everything my parents told me.  In Teresa's shoes I would probably downplay the mandatory deportation.  Laws might change buy the time Joe gets out, if Trump wins the election, Teresa could ask Trump to pardon Joe.  :)

• Love 6

Rosie, Kathy and Jaq seem to talk trash about Teresa when they are at parties or groups without Teresa there, but when they are at events where Teresa is they want to be friends. I am fine with Teresa being cordial to them and not wanting to go to lunch with them. It is the same cycle over and over. I feel like TPTB or Rosie and Kathy would get a reaction out of Teresa at the book signing and it did not happen.

This is why I'm on Tre's side.  We've seen Rosie, Kathy & Ritchie bad mouth Tre a few times already this season.  Add to that their comments before she went to jail, their reunion antics, and Juicy's comments they waited for the cameras to start rolling again before they reached out to her.  Now what has Tre said about them?  Nothing.  She's cordial when they speak to her but otherwise uninterested in engaging.  She's wary, and I don't blame her.  

Watching Watch What Happens Live, all I can say is where was Siggy when Caroline was ruining this show with her toxicity? Caroline was practically snarling with contempt when Siggy refused to agree that Teresa was not completely wrong in the Kathy/Rosie feud. And Siggy was not having any of Caroline's protestations! It was great.

I saw that too.  Caroline still has a an axe to grind...and with that new hair style, she's rather frightening.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

If it's the scene I'm thinking of - where Tre and all her daughters are huddled in bed while Audriana is talking about how much she misses Daddy - it was in the S7 trailer. We haven't seen it yet. 

I hope those scenes are kept to a minimum. I felt weird just watching that snippet in the trailer. It was a child's grief that didn't need to be filmed and then aired.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 4

I was reading about Siggy's and Caroline's turn on WWHL. From just reading several sources I can see how the two differ. Siggy seems to really try and be a mediator, and be able to see that opposing parties can each have a valid grievance, have their own timeframe for healing then still try for reconciliation or move on. Where as Caroline easily chooses a side, seems to dwell in the negative and be argumentative. The two styles are very different. YMMV.

• Love 6

My 14 year old son has started watching all the Bravo shows with me this past winter.  While it's not fantastic parenting, there are a ton of opportunities to discuss the choices of the people on the show, and make comparisons to our lives.  When Delores was talking about her son, with his "own" car, doesn't come home until 9:30 and doesn't respond to calls or texts, I said "I would take away both the phone and the car until he understands the privilege of having them."  My son grumbled about how "mean", etc I was.  Later, during her talking head about wanting her son to sit on the couch with her, because she had nothing else to do, I pointed out to my son I would never expect him to do that as it is simply not supposed to be his job to be my companion at all times.    I hope I come out well in the mom balance, but a car of one's own is incredibly appealing.

My son also cracks me up with a snarky one-liner from time to time.  On RHONY reunion, Bethenny said Luann had slept with every man in Manhattan.  My son just turned to me and asked "daddy?" Then we both laughed as my husband does not fall into the Chic man about town category favored by Luann.

• Love 6

Not answering texts or calls while he's driving is a good thing. Unless of course this was before driving? 

Does anyone know if Jac is appearing on the Manzo show too?

At some point to me, I would think Jac can go the redirecting route when needed, and quit the constant steering of Nicholas.

19 hours ago, Muffyn said:

I was a Special Ed teacher and have experience with autistic kids. I hate defending Jac but in this case she's doing the right thing. The best way to treat autism is to get the kid out in the world and encourage him to get out of his comfort zone, which is in his own head. Greeting people at the door is a social norm that is hard for Nick, so therefore he should be gently prodded into doing exactly that. He accepts it and complies, which says to me that it is not above his abilities and won't make him panic, but just an inch above his comfort level, which is where he needs to be. From watching Nick I think he has good teachers and it seems that Jac is doing the right thing with him, even though she is bat shit cray cray in every other area. 

• Love 3

I liked seeing Milania in that element. I wouldn't have guessed that with her loud and attention loving confidence that she would have been as sweet and attentive to Nicholas.

I thought it was funny how incredulous Teresa was that her kids knew the truth about where she was for that year, lol. Did she think the internet and the outside world would cease to exist for her children while she was away?

I have no words for Joe Gorga insisting that he's not old school. He thinks that because he can be conned into looking after his children he's not old school because apparently an old school man would simply refuse and tell his wife to not leave the house. A new age man apparently takes care of his kids begrudgingly and makes his wife feel guilty and small because she's not the one there to do it every night. Aren't all of their kids in full-time school? What's so bad about having a nanny or having some help that can watch the kids while they do their homework and chauffeur them to their after school activities when needed? At least then both parents can work as they want and when they get home, they have the time to enjoy with their kids rather than running around bothering them about whether they did their homework or not or studied for their test tomorrow.

I'm not really buying that Kathy and Rosie were THAT close to Teresa. Teresa is very loyal to her parents and I find it easier to believe that she wouldn't feel that loyal to Kathy and Rosie after the issue with their parents. I feel like their offended feelings may be exaggerated for the sake of a storyline. I do hope that Victoria gets better soon. Obviously scary for her and her parents to have to experience that.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

There is something incredibly dysfunctional in that Gorga family, and it's really twisted the dynamic of the family.  Senior Gorga taught his daughter that his sister and her children were inferior and not to be tolerated.  Teresa thinks her brother should put her before his own wife.  Teresa tried her hardest to cause strife in that marriage, and arguably turned the senior Gorgas against the juniors.

THIS! I always thought that was the weirdest thing in the Teresa/Joe Gorga relationship. Remember that retreat they went on a few seasons ago? The Joe's got into a fight and Gorga called Caroline. Teresa said to her brother "stick with your blood" or something along those lines. Like she actually expected her brother to choose her over his own wife and kids. I understand being loyal to your family and siblings but Melissa is his wife. They are sharing their lives together. They have children. Their is a big difference between being loyal to your wife and your sister. You can't expect him to choose one over the other. Maybe if Melissa was a shitty wife, but she's not. If the tables were turned, Teresa would choose her husband and her kids before her brother. For us normal people, we would be loyal to all of them, our parents, our siblings or wives/husbands. But in Teresa's world, I guess that doesn't fly.

Add me to list that loved Milania interacting with Nicholas, so very sweet. I also loved Audriana's little leopard print jacket and purse. She is so cute.

Rosie and Kathy were acting pretty nutty while talking to Dolores. They were both talking over each other and nothing made sense. I don't care for them at all, but I do hope Victoria is doing ok. She was always a sweet kid.

When Siggy's son came home with his permit and was all "buy me a car" she said no and I applauded her. Then she ruined it by buying him a car. I do like the relationship she has with her ex. They get along and get together for the kids but both are remarried and live their own lives, not like Dolores who is still dependent on Frank.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I thought it was funny how incredulous Teresa was that her kids knew the truth about where she was for that year, lol. Did she think the internet and the outside world would cease to exist for her children while she was away?

What I thought was so funny about that scene wasn't that Teresa thought the kids really didn't know she was in jail, but that she thought it would be worse for her kids to know she's forced to live in a jail because she broke the law....than for her kids to think that their mother chose to abandon them for a year and only see them for visits and talk to them on the phone because she's writing a book.

I think it would be harder for a kid to wrap their minds and hearts around that than their mother being in prison!

• Love 3
On 9/12/2016 at 0:12 AM, Giselle said:

Theresa, Kathy and Rosie have much more that genetics in common. They don't listen, they are always the aggrieved party and they will always do the most awkward thing that sets the relationship back even further.

I think Dolores just stated the history Victoria has with brain tumors and that it returned once before not that she has it. I hope the fainting spells are nothing, Kathy's demeanor said a lot as to what it could mean. I hope that she is doing well.

That said, I hate the exterior of the Wakilie's new house. It looks like it has the pox. I do think a major part of why they built it was to get back on the show as a housewife and it didn't happen.

A little Siggy goes a long way with me, she is exhausting and never shuts up.

I like Delores and her family.

It is good to see this side of Miliana. I think if they showed more of that behavior and not the other we would have had a more balanced opinion of her at the beginning.

When I saw Kathy’s finished house I burst out laughing because she has a Cannolli Turret. First, I thought Kevin Jonas needs to go back to singing but then I realized he followed Bitch Wakiles specifications.

Kathy’s Kannolli Kastle was always a ridiculous idea. They started building it knowing their kids would be off to college and out of the house soon, this was not “downsizing” this was "Keeping Up With the Fraudulent Jones".

Her Cannoli Kits on QVC bombed because it was too expensive. Due to the short shelf life her product had to be over-nighted to customers. Due to the dairy in the kit – the boxes had to contain ice/freeze packs to prevent souring. All of these expenses – went to the customer, so they ended up paying $10 bucks a cannoli. It would have been cheaper and tastier to hire a chef to make you a batch.

She should have worked with bakeries in the Tri-state area to see if they would take her product on a consignment basis with a flyer to customers saying special orders were available for parties, giving a small cut to the bakeries. She could have built her customer base and then expanded to other states

• Love 3