Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: In Sickness and In Health

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Blissfool said:

He's being ironic. The full name of his company is Section 8 Yacht Club.

Section 8 Yacht Club.  Wow .. He should be in Advertising on Madison Avenue.  Asshole.  He thinks he's so cool and soooo smart.  He was probably told how cute and smart he was growing up.  Yeah, he'll get a significant other .. In his dreams.

• Love 7

Why 9 episodes of this bullshit? 2 out of 3 couples were done half way through the 6 week time period.

I don't like any of the contestants. None of the couple work. All i can say is thank God for the Fast Forward Button. I only have to sit through 10 minutes of this shit.

• Love 5

Don't get the Nick dislike, or the Sonia love.  To me she's exhausting, I wish someone would tell her to STFU and just stay in the moment, chill out, stop trying to make Nick your Prince Charming.

One thing I agree with, and it's said over and over again on this show, they are STRANGERS.  I mean how do we know Nick hasn't been through some kind of trauma in his life?  Maybe he doesn't want to share that with someone he's known for only three weeks.

Has Nick been open with Sonia about his anxiety issues he discussed pre-wedding?  I know a few people with anxiety/PTSD and having an unspecific demand placed on them in a room with cameras and at least 2 TLC employees and under the influence would probably be their definition of hell. 

Full disclosure:  I'm someone who would never open up/share my inner thoughts on command. 

I wouldn't either, I would have told Sonia to STFU long ago.  Though I wonder how much she was prodded by the producers to get Nick to open up, just to create drama.

46 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I would argue that it never happens, especially over the course of a long relationship. Even if you're totally simpatico with a person, at some point, life is going to beat you up. Someone is going to lose a job, get sick, parents will become elderly and pass away, if you have kids they're going to bring a set of challenges (all my friends' marriages went through rough patches when the first kid was born), etc. and it takes work to navigate those tough times with a person

Though it's true that life can get messy at times, I wonder if Nick meant that they shouldn't have to do all this "work" in the beginning of the relationship.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5

Wow -- just...WOW.

OK, Nick -- stuff I get:  Marrying a stranger and being thrust into an environment of reality TV...probably adds a level of pressure to any new marriage.  However - you DID sign up for this -- you went into it knowing you would be matched with a stranger. (although they probably didn't specify 'and who owns a vagina' -- perhaps THAT was key to understanding where Nick's inability to get full on-board comes from -- maybe he hoped they would marry him to another dude?)  While awkward...YOU SIGNED UP FOR IT!   Sonya can be a little clingy and stuff -- and that can be a little trying to learn to deal with -- but that whole attitude of 'Experts do the heavy lifting and find me a 'significant other' I never have to remotely lift a finger to have them put up with my bullshit while I sit around and be an ass.' ain't gonna work -- not with women...not with men...just no.  But serious, Nick...given your attitude....and I say this with love -- 'Go Fuck Yourself!'

Nick, please -- Being Gay is fine -- particularly in South Florida, dude.  Maybe you don't know it yet...but taking out your frustration on Sonya that she isn't a dude is not on her -- it's on you.  Come out, Come out...it's OK to be not straight!

I am over Heather and Derek -- although I almost wonder if Derek and Sonja wouldn't have been a better match.

Tom an Lilly -- Damn her...I love her to death.  I'm glad these two seem to be moving forward...it gives my cynical, hard heart a much needed shot of hope.

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

He doesn't realize that sometimes relationships take effort, he thinks there should be NO work, that it should just happen.

10 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Though it's true that life can get messy at times, I wonder if Nick meant that they shouldn't have to do all this "work" in the beginning of the relationship.

I think Nick is just looking for "sitting together on the couch" or "laying together in the hammock" to be less work.  

• Love 5

One thing is for sure after watching is that Nick seems like he isn't even willing to try anything to make it work. He wanted this to be a piece of cake but honestly every single relationship needs work in order for it to succeed. No matter how you met or how long you have been together. Meeting someone new through experts does not automatically mean that it will be easy and you'll be dancing in a field of daisies.
It's ignorant of him to say that and really clueless.

They don't even seem like they are even friends let alone on the path of being romantically intimate. If he gives up now then Sonia can just cut her loses and move on and take this as best as she can. She isn't the best communicator BUT we have to admit she has tried, especially with the dogs. It isn't the best effort but it is something and she can look back at this experience and know in her heart she tried to make it work with a man who was more into his dogs and advertising his business than giving it a shot.

I personally love Lilly and Tom, its honestly a breath of fresh air. It seems like they are aware of how much work there needs to be done and how they are still getting to know each other. The surprise for his birthday was sweet and made me smile. I really do hope they make it and stay together.

Derek and Heather........stop. Just stop. Writing a letter to each other was beyond stupid. It's done and over with...stop beating a dead horse. I get that they signed a contract and they are obeying it but I stopped caring after the honeymoon. She checked out and he seems to not have the ability to let it go and accept defeat. If they actually do give it another go I will be in absolute SHOCK.

I really didn't want to get so invested in this show again after the last season but damn it....

• Love 5

Just like it's always only about Heather and why she wanted a divorce, while poor Derek tried so hard! Why don't they ever ask Derek what his part was in that whole fiasco?

Maybe it will be in his letter!!!

10 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

I know, don't get me started, Mr. Snarkle was practically cursing at the TV when Dr. Pepper was so sympathetic to Derek and said he did his best or something to that effect.  WTF?  I'm now getting the feeling that he really went OFF on Heather to a degree that the show didn't even allow us to see.  Name calling, insults, just WOW.  And then he gets off scot-free like he did absolutely nothing wrong and then is allowed to make it look like Heather was the one who didn't want to enter into the process.  Well, after being totally insulted at a time when a partner should be trying to make things work with you and give you a good impression who can blame her??  Watching that argument over again it was clear that she was bringing up a concern like she wanted to talk it out, not end in a name calling scene, which is what Derek turned it into.  She gave him the opportunity to work with her at that point as far as I can tell but he just ended up tearing his shirt with her.  Another insecure asshole.  I got the feeling when he met with his mother that the wheels in her head were turning like she's not really surprised.  She loves her son and supports him but I think she has seen him screw up a potentially good thing before.

Yes, I'm sure there were a lot of things we didn't see. Heather said there were several things that were specific deal breakers for her (I think she said she'd put those on the questionnaire or told the experts, I can't remember which) and then those exact same things happened during the honeymoon. I'm sure one was the smoking, but it sounded like there were more (and I don't think they were small things like Derek leaving his stuff in his suitcase). Too bad that, for whatever reason, she's not telling us all the details. 

About Heather wanting to talk in private, I think she was referring to their first fight about the smoking. They were on the beach, and Derek wanted to talk about what was bothering her, and she said she had wanted to talk about it later, in private. But since he wanted to talk, she told him his smoking bothered her, and his reaction was to blow up and stomp away. And also, when she tried to turn a new leaf and have a good last day during the honeymoon, he had to keep going off on her about everything. But yeah, he's the victim who needs to be cuddled.

9 hours ago, izabella said:

I appreciated it!  I thought Sonja was amazing for someone who is afraid of dogs.  She was snuggling with Dax in her arms on the couch! 

I'm giving the trainer the benefit of the doubt at this point.  My guess is there was a lot more to that training session but the editors decided to cut most of it out to craft their story.

I meant nobody on the show seems to appreciate it. :)

Is Dax the small one? Yes, it was cute how they were sitting together on the couch, and when she left, the dog was like, "Where are you going? Come back!"

Edited by BunnySlippers
for clarity
  • Love 5

Today is officially... M@FS Doggy Appreciation Day!

Special recognition to:

Nick's companions...Dax and Lola

Derek's roomie...Josh

Lily's dog...Zeus

The little Peke who has asked to remain anonymous

The little black and brown dog bumping his nose on the bottom of a glass table when that jerk, Tom put a bacon treat on top to trick him.

Let's put our paws together for our little friends.

• Love 19
25 minutes ago, julyjen said:

One thing is for sure after watching is that Nick seems like he isn't even willing to try anything to make it work. He wanted this to be a piece of cake but honestly every single relationship needs work in order for it to succeed. No matter how you met or how long you have been together. Meeting someone new through experts does not automatically mean that it will be easy and you'll be dancing in a field of daisies.
It's ignorant of him to say that and really clueless.

Thinking about this again and reading the comments make me wonder what Nick and Sonia and the experts mean when they say "work on the relationship." 

I think now that when Nick said it shouldn't be this much work, has to do with his having to draw everything out of Sonia.  Sonia accused Nick of not opening up, yet she did the same thing.  On their honeymoon, Nick said something that upset Sonia and she just clammed up and didn't say anything; then when they were in the hammock and Nick said he didn't love her yet or something like that, what did Sonia do?  She got out of the hammock and walked off and didn't want to say anything else about it, yet she complains that Nick doesn't open up?  Sonia confuses me.  She wants Nick to open up, but if she doesn't like what is being said, she'll walk off.  Like I said before, the more I see of Sonia, the more exhausting she is. 

29 minutes ago, julyjen said:

I personally love Lilly and Tom, its honestly a breath of fresh air. It seems like they are aware of how much work there needs to be done and how they are still getting to know each other. The surprise for his birthday was sweet and made me smile. I really do hope they make it and stay together.

The thing is, Tom and Lily don't make things LOOK like work.  I think that's the thing.  Should relationships be like jobs all the time?  Things you do because you have to?  When Lily arranged to have Tom's brother come for his birthday, when Lily arranged that whole party, that was work, but it didn't seem like work because doing for Tom made Lily feel good.

• Love 1

He's being ironic. The full name of his company is Section 8 Yacht Club.

Why on earth is Nick allowed to wear these shirts on the show to promote his company?? All other logo shirts get turned inside out!

He wears them, Sonia wears them. What is next, Section 8 shirts on the dogs?

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, operalover said:

Lily bawling about needing surgery...hashtag Get a Real Problem

Some people are afraid of surgery. I dont think she was trying to be overly dramatic but she really was scared. There could be a lot of complications even during routine work.  And having to depend on Tom who she has not been with long enough probably also added to her reaction. She probably got afraid that he might not want to deal with someone who will need his help for a while.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

The thing is, Tom and Lily don't make things LOOK like work.  I think that's the thing.  Should relationships be like jobs all the time?  Things you do because you have to?  When Lily arranged to have Tom's brother come for his birthday, when Lily arranged that whole party, that was work, but it didn't seem like work because doing for Tom made Lily feel good.

I agree. They make it look effortless. They just hit it off from the start.
And I also agree that she seemed happy to have made him happy. For a split second during the episode I forgot they were only together for 3 weeks. It felt like they had been together for years. Maybe thats just me lol

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I agree with this.  I'm going to be by myself, but Sonia is exhausting.  If she were my friend, I'd dump her.  One thing I know is that you DO NOT try to discuss something important with someone when they have been drinking.  That had to be producer driver, I can't believe Sonia is that stupid.  And Holly4755 is right, Sonia NEVER shuts up.  I just want to tell her, shut up and enjoy the moment, stop trying to make Nick what you want him to be.

I agree with you but I think a lot of Sonia's behavior is producer driven and thinking back to David's behavior with Ashley I think that was true of him too.  He seemed "overbearing" and "needy" too but I think the show pushes them to act that way because they want the participants to fill up the airwaves with SOMETHING.  Given that the other partner is checked out and not responding to that kind of pressure, the producers push the person who is at least on board with trying to make things work even after it seems like there's no hope.  I think the producers convince people in Sonia's and David's position that they have to try to get blood from a stone no matter what it takes, which in the case of someone like Nick ends in a blow up because they perceive it as constant badgering.  Sonia may know better than that under "normal" circumstances, but under the pressure of the producers I think she is being pushed into starting up more conversations with him and filling in the "gaps" of silence even if they are irritating Nick to the point of drinking and blow ups.  I also think that the particular blow up we saw in this episode was at least in part due to the producers.  When Nick said "everyone" is telling him to open up, some of his anger might have been more accurately directed at the producer than at Sonia.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, Snarklepuss said:

I agree with you but I think a lot of Sonia's behavior is producer driven and thinking back to David's behavior with Ashley I think that was true of him too.  He seemed "overbearing" and "needy" too but I think the show pushes them to act that way because they want the participants to fill up the airwaves with SOMETHING.  Given that the other partner is checked out and not responding to that kind of pressure, the producers push the person who is at least on board with trying to make things work even after it seems like there's no hope.  I think the producers convince people in Sonia's and David's position that they have to try to get blood from a stone no matter what it takes, which in the case of someone like Nick ends in a blow up because they perceive it as constant badgering.  Sonia may know better than that under "normal" circumstances, but under the pressure of the producers I think she is being pushed into starting up more conversations with him and filling in the "gaps" of silence even if they are irritating Nick to the point of drinking and blow ups.  I also think that the particular blow up we saw in this episode was at least in part due to the producers.  When Nick said "everyone" is telling him to open up, some of his anger might have been more accurately directed at the producer than at Sonia.

I agree. I think the producers have been pushing both Sonia and Nick to get him to open up, and then Sonia's the one who gets flak for it. Because, apparently, she's not communicating enough, but when she does, she talks too much.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, RocketGirl said:

Did I hear Pepper end her conversation with Derek by telling him that he did a "great job"?  A great job at what?  Being insufferable?  She must've shared a joint with him before making that statement.

...he hooked her up with good weed.

• Love 12

Heather's letter to Derek...

Dear Derek,

This a fake letter for you to read for the cameras and producers.

Read this...and now, this ... and now read across like there is something deep and profound, lips pursed.... Nod your head in agreement.

Next line...run your gaze to the right and now imagine a hemp emoji...give a soft chuckle and scrunch up your squinty eyes to show amusement.

Finally, faux husband...give a sad wistful tilt of the head, gentle sigh... now fold the letter and look up with eyes welled with tears.

Good job.

• Love 22

It's time for these "experts" to admit defeat.  This experiment has failed, miserably, for three seasons now.  Admit that in the real world, people need to be attracted (emotionally, even if not physically) to each other before they walk down the aisle, because then they have a valid reason to want to work to keep things solid.   And even then the pairing may not last. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Enero said:

No. I think they had sex. The producers just duped the viewers like they always do by creating the illusion that they'd not had sex by replaying their THs about how they hadn't had sex yet and wanted to get intimate.

They've done the same thing with Nick stating how "shy" he is and Sonia stating how much she fears dogs. It's all an illusion to perpetuate the narrative the producers have created for Sonia and Nick.

I'm with you.  Nick was completely different during the honeymoon - - no sex.  I think he's freaked out and feeling pressured and lashing out like a jerk.  

Maybe Sonia or anyone else would stop saying "open up" if he would just, I don't know, open up once?  Being that this is MAFS, this isn't like your usual dating situation.  They are married.  They have six weeks.  They can't exactly let things move along organically like you would if you were dating.  They have to make a decision by week 6 (or day 2, if you're Heather and Derek) if they are compatible and want to stay together. 

IMO, Nick was acting like a teenager when Sonia was trying to talk to him.  He wasn't looking at her, he was putting all of his attention and energy on petting his dog.  Anywhere but Sonia.   I liked Nick well enough before this but gah.  I wanted to punch him in the nads after watching this.  I felt terrible for her.

It does seem like she's putting forth all the effort and he's just expecting there to be no effort, no work and I don't know what else.

I felt terrible for Dax and Lola when she left too.  They looked confused.

13 hours ago, BunnySlippers said:

Derek seems to be most concerned about what everybody is going to think about his marriage being over so quickly. That's his biggest concern about the whole thing. I just find that a little strange. I think this kind of personality might be one reason why he kept going off on Heather: because he doesn't like to be challenged or to look bad in front of others. I think he's ultra sensitive to criticism and any hint of a slight against him, and that's why he kept attacking her about every little thing.

Hmm, I don't find that strange.  When I was going through a divorce, there was a part of me that worried that it was something I had done and I did put more concern into what other people thought that was really necessary.  In Derek's case, he did something that the majority of people would find strange to begin with - - he married a stranger.  He may have received flak over that.  So I can understand why he would now be worried about what people would think and maybe the inevitable "I told you so"s.  

Maybe Derek doesn't like to be challenged, maybe he's argumentative and defensive.  It's hard to know because we're being shown what MAFS wants us to see.  I don't care for Heather but it's possible she got the short end of the stick because she didn't want to play the MAFS game and so the editors are making her look even worse.  It's hard to say.

I'm a writer so I get that writing letters can be easier than speaking to someone but I think the letter writing might have been more productive on day two.  It seems kind of pointless now, especially if both parties are in agreement that the marriage is done and they are moving on.  Unless Heather was second guessing her decision, and it certainly doesn't seem that way, this seems an exercise in futility.  

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

I love Derek's mother and if the opportunity were to arise I would stealthily steal her from him. 

Me too!  I liked watching the scene with her and I thought she seemed surprised.  I'd like to see more of her because I think seeing family members helps us to gauge what these people are really like. 

I enjoyed seeing Tom's birthday scenes.  I thought it was really nice and he and Lily and their respective friends/families are meshing very well.  I couldn't help but mentally compare Tom's dinner and party to the July 4th party David threw last season and how uncomfortable Ashley was with everyone (as well as not inviting any of her friends.)  I really hope Tom and Lily make it. 

And I second others who have pointed out that they show they are working at the relationship but there seems to be an appropriate amount of give and take, as well as patience and listening.

• Love 7

Nick and Sonia:  I think they had a fight that needed to happen.  I see producer manipulation on both.

Lilly and Tom:  They are really doing great.  Nice to see them happy.

Derick and Heather:  Ok, why are they still on?  Still don't like Heather.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, BunnySlippers said:

Derek seems to be most concerned about what everybody is going to think about his marriage being over so quickly. That's his biggest concern about the whole thing. I just find that a little strange. I think this kind of personality might be one reason why he kept going off on Heather: because he doesn't like to be challenged or to look bad in front of others. I think he's ultra sensitive to criticism and any hint of a slight against him, and that's why he kept attacking her about every little thing.

I agree and I think that's because Derek is quite insecure.  I also think he's touchy because he's 35 and has probably had a dreadful relationship history.  He's probably worried about his friends' and family's reactions because he has likely screwed up what might potentially be a good thing many times before and they know that.  I could just see his mother act very disappointed in him in private after seeing him on screen telling what was for all intents and purposes a relative stranger to "get off her high horse" and that she was acting like she was "from the 1940s" or something.  The more I think about that the more it hits me that he was definitely reacting like a child to a parent.  His response was DRIPPING in misplaced mommy issues and I think Heather saw that right away.  His response was OTT and reeked of a type of familiarity he just did NOT have with Heather at that point.  They had only known each other a scant few days.  He was reacting like he knew Heather for decades!

• Love 2

I'm still not believing Nick and Sonia had sex.

I think what she said was taken out of context and the producers are trying another "cliff hanger". They did it last year with David and Ashley at the reunion show.

However, I am willing to make a bet with someone who thinks they did have sex.

Loser of the bet has to buy a Section 8 Yacht Club shirt!

• Love 7

When Derek agreed to get married on a TV show, to someone he never met before, did his family and friends really think it was going to work out? Doubt it. Don't be embarrassed, Derek. I'm sure they saw what train wreck potential it was and are not really surprised at the outcome. 

Nick, what an unhinged jerk he became! Sonia was sitting on the couch being really sweet to his dog, talking to him, petting him, it was so nice. Did he appreciate that? Nooooo. She has to yell across the room to ask him a question and he doesn't have the decency to turn around from his computer and answer her?  Fuck you, Nick. You deserve to be alone. 

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Nick, what an unhinged jerk he became! Sonia was sitting on the couch being really sweet to his dog, talking to him, petting him, it was so nice. Did he appreciate that? Nooooo. She has to yell across the room to ask him a question and he doesn't have the decency to turn around from his computer and answer her?  Fuck you, Nick. You deserve to be alone. 

I think Sonia could turn anybody into a jerk, make that Sonia + Producer manipulation.  If someone is on their computer and not saying anything, that means they want quiet.  Nothing jerky about wanting quiet sometimes. 

Where is Heather's family in all of this?  We saw Derrick's mother last night, what about Heather's family and friends?  I wonder what they think of all this.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4
Just now, Neurochick said:

I think Sonia could turn anybody into a jerk, make that Sonia + Producer manipulation.  If someone is on their computer and not saying anything, that means they want quiet.  Nothing jerky about wanting quiet sometimes. 

Unless you're Nick, who wants it all the time... lol!

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Where is Heather's family in all of this?  We saw Derrick's mother last night, what about Heather's family and friends?  I wonder what they think of all this.

I agree!  When I am on the computer that means I want to be left ALONE.  I see nothing wrong with Nick needing computer time. 

Good point about Heather's family.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

He seems to only want to have quiet. It's not like she bombarding him with hard hitting questions.  She was sitting there and wanted to chit chat.  He just outright ignored her. It was a hard scene to watch. 

• Love 13

I'm still not believing Nick and Sonia had sex.

I think what she said was taken out of context and the producers are trying another "cliff hanger". They did it last year with David and Ashley at the reunion show.

However, I am willing to make a bet with someone who thinks they did have sex.

Loser of the bet has to buy a Section 8 Yacht Club shirt!

I will NOT take that bet.

But, I wonder: is it possible that the reason Nick went from being somewhat attracted to Over It is because they /did/ have intercourse (or some other intimate act) and it wasn't good for him? Like, he had hope that there would be more of a spark even if they hadn't had instant chemistry, but after trying it's really not something he feels like any amount of work would or could improve?

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, SillyOldClothCat said:

But, I wonder: is it possible that the reason Nick went from being somewhat attracted to Over It is because they /did/ have intercourse (or some other intimate act) and it wasn't good for him?

Ummmm, no!

I still think they are no closer than Craigslist roommates who upgraded a fire pit.

• Love 2

Maybe they tried to have sex and he couldn't..........

So now he's saying he doesn't find her attractive just to give him an excuse for not being able to do the deed?  He's embarrassed and trying to blame her?  Kinda like......If she was hotter, he'd have been the best lover in the world, so it is not his fault.......

Whatever the reason, he is acting like a jerk and I feel sorry for Sonia signing up for this horrible experience.  She deserves much better.

• Love 11

I don't think Nick was ever physically attracted to Sonia. Wasn't he the groom whose mother had to nag/coach him to tell the bride she was beautiful, like she probably did when he was growing up, "Now, Nick, what do you say to (insert person)...and he parroted back his response like "Thank you, _______." 

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, julyjen said:

He seems to only want to have quiet. It's not like she bombarding him with hard hitting questions.  She was sitting there and wanted to chit chat.  He just outright ignored her. It was a hard scene to watch. 

He ignored her because he didn't want to talk to her.  This is why this "experiment" doesn't work.  If you're not attracted to someone and have zero in common with them, it's completely a coin toss.   It's like a kid screaming, "mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy..." you get the idea.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2

Men tend to say what they mean.  He said he was attracted to her in the beginning and over time due to her inability to communicate (i.e., walking out of the room) he found her less attractive over time.  She seems to be figuring this out.

Did I miss the boat here?

• Love 2

This episode was really exhausting. I watched it online and thankfully was able to fast forward through 90% of it - to get to the drama.

So from what I am understanding - Nick pretty much lost interest in Sonia after the way she handled herself during conflict. He didn't like the way she reacted and thus it made her less attractive. I totally understand that - and her whiny voice most certainly can't help matters. But to go from 0-60 so quickly just seems off. It appears he's just completely done and there is really no going back. It's not easy the way he wanted it to be. Which makes me believe he's likely never had a long term relationship because anyone that has been in one knows they all require work and have ups and downs. I would also be at my breaking point if I were constantly prodded to open up - but IMHO I think he really went over the edge. It was clear in earlier scenes - like when she was just sitting with the dogs on her own and he was on the computer - That he had already checked out. So he apparently poured some liquid courage and let her have it. It is unfair to Sonia - but with the way he was ignoring her I'm not sure what she was expecting from him. I can't see them recovering from this. 

I can't take Pepper seriously when she talks to Heather and Derek because she reminds me of my aunt. All I see is my aunt and I giggle every time and then the whole she's been married herself 3 times doesn't bode well for me.

Lily and Tom were far less annoying this week and I do think their relationship looks very effortless. They seem to really like each other and are thoughtful with one another. I think they are both emotionally mature. I think Nick and Sonia are emotionally stunted which makes for a mess.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Don't get the Nick dislike, or the Sonia love.  To me she's exhausting, I wish someone would tell her to STFU and just stay in the moment, chill out, stop trying to make Nick your Prince Charming.

One thing I agree with, and it's said over and over again on this show, they are STRANGERS.  I mean how do we know Nick hasn't been through some kind of trauma in his life?  Maybe he doesn't want to share that with someone he's known for only three weeks.

The reason I lean more towards Sonia is that Nick has been talking one way and acting another.  Telling Sonia a few episodes ago that he thought things were moving along fine, and in his TH saying he thinks his marriage is great.  When he doesn't show her any affection that would back that up.

I get the trauma thing, but to me someone like that shouldn't go on a show like this.

• Love 6

Nick has been very difficult to engage with from the start. I remember them standing at that table right after they said their vows, sipping champagne, and Sonia was trying to make conversation and Nick was giving one-word answers.

He is using deflection when he discussed her walking away.  That is just a way to take the focus off his own behavior.

• Love 13