Type keyword(s) to search

Season Four: DC, Dichabod, DHS ...

This will be the first time I look at this show's return with trepidation rather than eagerness. I just don't see it being very good, not after last season. Even without the loss of the one thing that still worked well; Abbie/Nichole's chemistry with Ichabod/Tom, I'd feel a bit skeptical after how flat and disappointing the writing was in season three. The changes sound cheesy and formulaic, they basically sound like nobody in charge liked anything about the original concept but thought Tom was salvageable. I would not be surprised if they start playing with the idea that Ichabod is an eccentric who may not have physically hibernated over two hundred years after all, that there may be "alternative" explanations. Or they'll stick to using his age as an excuse for a lot of handwavium and underwritten wacky hi jinx.

I don't know if I'll watch more than an episode if it disappoints. I don't hate-watch and I'm not interested in seeing something wonderful turned into an exercise in mediocrity, in fact going by last season that seems to be the high bar they hope to jump.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 2

I already have bailed on this show.  Part of the charm of the series was its old colonial location and the small town atmosphere combined with the rich history of the region.  Now it's in the big cesspool of D.C., plus the fact remains that Abbie is gone.  Too much loss of continuity.  The fact that they aren't starting it up until January is very similar to Grimm, which is doing a shortened final season starting in January.  I'm not going to invest time in this sinking ship.  They wrecked the show in season 2 and never recovered.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 5

They wrecked the show in season 2 and never recovered.

To me, it's the new Heroes, a show that crashed and burned and it kept getting worse.  This new season sounds like what Heroes did with that short live Reborn revival.

• Love 1

I know that Grimm is coming back in January, which is weird, and so for some reason that's when I think Sleepy Hollow is coming back. For some reason, I'm remembering early 2017 but can't seem to find anything yet. I even looked back in the Media topic to see if someone had posted, but didn't look too carefully. Perhaps a date hasn't been set yet?

I know it goes without saying at this point, but I think SH accidentally backed into "diversity", squandered the hit it had on its hands, and then proved for many seasons that it doesn't actually know how to implement diversity in any authentic way. I can't see any point in hoping or expecting for that to change.

At this point the CW is doing much better with diversity on its shows, both "genre" shows and traditional ones. No, it's not always perfect (sigh, The 100), but it's refreshing nonetheless.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, kieyra said:

I know it goes without saying at this point, but I think SH accidentally backed into "diversity", squandered the hit it had on its hands, and then proved for many seasons that it doesn't actually know how to implement diversity in any authentic way. I can't see any point in hoping or expecting for that to change.

At this point the CW is doing much better with diversity on its shows, both "genre" shows and traditional ones. No, it's not always perfect (sigh, The 100), but it's refreshing nonetheless.

Which is a shame considering that was 1 of the many things S1 was touted for, but they seemed to be intent on getting rid of everything Sleepy Hollow related except for Ichabod himself.

• Love 4

Reading the info about the upcoming season and everything, I'm actually starting to wonder why I keep this show on my homepage. I think it might be because I'll have a feeling of schadenfreude when the thing is finally cancelled, and Tom can get on with his life. 

I've no interest in reading the episode threads as they come up. Maybe I should just flag the scheduling thread to follow, and drop the show itself. So sad. I really loved this show once.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, CalamityBoPeep said:

Reading the info about the upcoming season and everything, I'm actually starting to wonder why I keep this show on my homepage.

I know! It's like I keep visiting a place where I might run into my ex, but I still go there because I'm stubborn that way.  Also, though, I miss our little community almost as much as I miss the show I used to love.

(*runs off to spend time with her promising TV rebound, Black Sails*)

• Love 6
1 minute ago, netlyon2 said:

I know! It's like I keep visiting a place where I might run into my ex, but I still go there because I'm stubborn that way.  Also, though, I miss our little community almost as much as I miss the show I used to love.

(*runs off to spend time with her promising TV rebound, Black Sails*)

Ha! Black Sails served as my TV rebound too! All caught up, and now I can't wait for it to come back. I'm pacing the widow's walk on the roof, gazing toward the horizon for a glimpse of his ship...

Only to have this one last embrace before it goes off into the ethers. But at least they'll actually finish their story in a satisfactory manner. :-)

• Love 1