Type keyword(s) to search

Danielle and Mohamed: The Original Mess

• Start Topic

Too depressed about the looming work week to watch Sunday. I'll dvr it, read all the snark here and watch mid week. So excited. I felt a bit bad for Danielle last year,  but her neediness and stupidity made me lose all compassion. I thought Mohamed looked a bit thinner in the face on the update show. 

• Love 2
On September 10, 2016 at 6:20 PM, jacksgirl said:

Too depressed about the looming work week to watch Sunday. I'll dvr it, read all the snark here and watch mid week. So excited. I felt a bit bad for Danielle last year,  but her neediness and stupidity made me lose all compassion. I thought Mohamed looked a bit thinner in the face on the update show. 

When the season started Mohamed looked very healthy and happy and at the end he was gaunt, pale and depressed. He probably had romanticized America thinking he was going to live with a nice woman who has her shit together and instead he got a very disturbed person who can't keep the electricity on and can't hold a job. Obviously he wanted the green card but I think he genuinely thought he could make it work with Danielle. She may not be much to look at but he probably thought she would make a loving wife at least who he had previously cultivated a real friendship with. He was undeniably very happy to see her when he arrived. He was using her for the green card, yeah and she's using him for dick. Well she didn't hold up her end of the deal because she misrepresented her living situation and let her trashy family get involved with every aspect of the relationship. So no wonder he didn't hold up his end of the deal. Danielle is a grown ass woman with grown ass children and she takes a husband whose frontal lobe isn't yet fully developed and im supposed to feel sorry for her? Sorry but I say Mohamed good for you, you got the green card, now get away from this crazy bitch and try to be happy. 

If a man acted like Danielle did treating his mail order bride the way she treated Mohamed, what would we be saying about the female? I'm pretty sure we'd say get away from this guy. Get your green card if you must and then leave. Sort of like how I felt about Nikki from last season. That's how I feel about Mohamed. Yes, he reacted very poorly and there are rumors about other women (I tend to think that people just pick on Danielle because she is so unlikeable and don't necessarily think women throw themselves at him), but he does at least try to communicate his feelings and she's too dumb to pick up on it. I don't know. This one confuses me. 

• Love 20

I'm up for deporting Danielle.

Let's clarify - she had 1 adult child when she sponsored Mohamed. The others were in school. 

Mo is a scammer. He had 0 intention of being with Danielle long term. Probably was hoping for a nice house, plenty of food, electricity etc while waiting for the probationary period to end. He ran away to stay with Danielle's blonde friend who also had brought in a Muslim husband.

Mo was just shocked at Danielle's lies.  He knew she was unattractive, fat, and clingy.  He didn't know she was broke.

Mo's been traipsing across the USA - he documents it on FB.  These other women pay for him to visit them.  That's not someone who was in love.  That's someone who is looking for another gravy train.

Now we see Mo has made himself a new friend -- a guy he met in Walmart -- who feeds and houses him.  That guy was looking at him the same way Danielle was.

Mo is a user. And so is Danielle.

• Love 17

Is Dani’s friend the one that had married a Muslim as well and Mo ran to her when he left Dani’s house? Mo’s “friend” Tom who he happened to meet at Wal mart is TLC paid actor and gay.  Ohhh and we see a picture of the Florida Floozie!! 

There is no pity for either of them.  They both were using each other.  What I lol'd was the fact that in a commercial Mo says to Dani something along the lines of she doesn't hold the keys to America. Well ummm yes she does big boy. She was the one who brought you over.

• Love 6

I think Tom the Walmart guy is an actor put in a role just for the show. You don't just meet someone at Walmart and go home with them. Well, wait, this is Mo we're talking about. And pretty blonde woman wants to be with a "tv star" so she will get whatever she deserves with Mo.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, TigerLily20 said:

I don't think I ever heard Dani speak as clearly as she did when she was yelling about deporting him.....just something I noticed.

Or when she was telling him off in the bedroom with the door closed that time. Madness seems to bring out the grammar police

• Love 6

Mohamed had every right to skip out on Danielle’s non-bill paying arse.  If she drags him into court, all he has to do is show the tape where he was lamenting that, “there is not enough food, no water and no electricity. No one should have to live like this.”  I agree; not even for a green card.

• Love 14
47 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Mohamed had every right to skip out on Danielle’s non-bill paying arse.  If she drags him into court, all he has to do is show the tape where he was lamenting that, “there is not enough food, no water and no electricity. No one should have to live like this.”  I agree; not even for a green card.

And so he should be shipped right back home.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, TigerLily20 said:

I don't think I ever heard Dani speak as clearly as she did when she was yelling about deporting him.....just something I noticed.

But then they showed a bit of her whining abd crying right after, and I laughed. I can't look away.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

Does Danielle really have to do something in order for him to get deported? What would prevent a government employee from taking action based on watching this show?

Mohamed never once admitted he was only marrying Dani for a green card.  However, she is on video admitting that she didn't tell him about her financial situation because she was afraid he wouldn't want to be with her.  He could say that she lied and/or tricked him. 

And so he should be shipped right back home.

Based on what?  You can't penalize someone for not wanting to live in abject poverty.

• Love 12

It is amazing to hear from Mohammed on his own, he's and as young and self centered as she is. He's cold and she's mush. What a powder keg these 2. 

Wal Mart friend Tom is strange as hell. I kept seeing the religious stuff over Tom's shoulder in the dining room I totally have to re watch.

Listen to your daughter Mo! I am no psychic but I don't see Danielle recovering from this, and her children getting EP (Essential Person) designation and taking care of her the rest of her life- 

10 hours ago, Drogo said:

I just met these two this weekend when I caught up on the recap show, and wow, this is some depressing stuff.  I don't like Danielle, but I feel guilty for not liking Danielle? 

Don't feel guilty for not liking either of them. They both deserve eachother. I wouldn't wish Danielle on my worst enemy. I wish that the US government can ship them both off Mo back to his country and Dani where? I wouldn't even subject Dani to the North Koreans... well... just to Kim Jong-un.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, greekmom said:

Is Dani’s friend the one that had married a Muslim as well and Mo ran to her when he left Dani’s house? Mo’s “friend” Tom who he happened to meet at Wal mart is TLC paid actor and gay.  Ohhh and we see a picture of the Florida Floozie!! 

There is no pity for either of them.  They both were using each other.  What I lol'd was the fact that in a commercial Mo says to Dani something along the lines of she doesn't hold the keys to America. Well ummm yes she does big boy. She was the one who brought you over.

Was there a news story that showed Tom was TLC paid and gay?  Not disputing this -- we certainly know this from other TLC shows.  Just wondering  where it came from. :)

• Love 1

Tom is married and Mo spent a good amount of time with him and his wife.  Plenty of pictures of meals they had together at Tom's house on Mo's old Facebook page.  Mo even cooked Tunisian food for them.  I think they were the only sane people in Sandusky.

Dani swore to the government that they had a bona fide marriage so he could get his green card.  If she goes back on that now, she could be in trouble.  All out of desperation to hold on to a young man.  Pathetic hag.

12 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

Was there a news story that showed Tom was TLC paid and gay?  Not disputing this -- we certainly know this from other TLC shows.  Just wondering  where it came from. :)

Just very odd how he met some random person at Walmart. I go to my Walmart all the time (2-3 times a week) and have not yet even gotten chummy with the staff, let alone some random person who I would invite over my home to stay with me.  TLC is notorious for twisting storylines in "reality" television.  

In the matter of my comment of gay - he pinned my radar.  But my radar sucks to begin with.

• Love 5

The truth is that Mo was staying at Angie's house, the hijab-clad lady that counseled Danielle on the preparation of "halal potatoes" in Season 2.

I am guessing she didn't want to sign up for more punishment by Sharp Entertainment, so the show never says, but implies through the visuals, that Mo was staying with Tom Janka instead of her.  Janka and his wife have commented on Mo's page that he is like a "son" to them.  My mind, in the gutter as it is, immediately thinks of 3-somes.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Mohamed never once admitted he was only marrying Dani for a green card.  However, she is on video admitting that she didn't tell him about her financial situation because she was afraid he wouldn't want to be with her.  He could say that she lied and/or tricked him. 

That's true: Mo never admitted to anyone-- even to his online benefactors and girlfriends-- that he married for a GC.  He's always been quite slippery when it comes to the truth and it's served him well. But let's look at the evidence. Mo approached Dani on Meetme (not the reverse) and thereafter "love bombed" her every day. Did she promise him fame and fortune in the U.S.? Unlikely since she said she complained about not being able to afford shoes for her daughter and he offered to buy them. Whatta guy!  Before meeting Dani online, Mo saw his younger brother and best friend leave for Canada. They entered under legitimate visas as students but my guess is that Mo was either too old, too lazy or not academically inclined to go this route.  Dani managed to scrape up the funds to visit Mo in Qatar and that probably led him to believe she had more money than she claimed: aren't all Americans rich? Maybe by Tunisian foreign worker standards. 

Far from being disinterested in a U.S. visa, Mo was very active on visajourney and was most upset when he was dismissed from his job in Qatar and required to head back to Tunisia. This would delay the visa! Once he did arrive in the U.S. his first concern was how quickly he could get to Canada to join his brother and best friend. What? They're two different countries with different entry requirements? Oh shit.  The first time he ran away from home (before the wedding according to Angie) he asked her to drive him to Canada. She refused. But he asked again when he ran away the second time, shortly after the wedding to Danielle. 

His money making plans seem to have started right after his plane touched down in the U.S. A new profile on Arab Lounge attracted a benefactor from Canada who sent him $500. A retired disabled pensioner sent him $100 for a new coat. But then, in November 2014, he hit pay dirt. A new benefactor in New York with lots of cash. He met her in New York after the reunion show was taped (and got a donation for a nicer new coat). He then posted on his FB page (for her benefit) how women should stop sending him money, he didn't need it (sound familiar?). The money kept rolling in-- the benefactor estimated between 20-40K in just a few months-- as did trips with her to New York. Atlantic City and Las Vegas. By then, NY mistress was a tad suspicious of Mo and her doubts were confirmed when he was caught with South Carolina mistress when he pretended to be going to Florida. Uh oh. 

Undaunted, Mo then launched a plan with yet another gullible Canadian (who got caught sending him money via Western Union) to move to Canada and co-own a pub. When he got caught, he insisted that it was all innocent and only indicative of his overwhelming desire to work. 

The most amazing part of this Horatio Alger story is that Mo's still succeeding, still traveling, still conning gullible people. He really is a success story. Next stop: politics?

• Love 21

I get that realitymaven, but my thing is, it was Danielle who brought Mohammad to this country.  

I still think that the two of them are milking this thing on TLC for all it's worth and I don't blame either one of them because I'm sure TLC is making money off them.  

• Love 3
On 9/11/2016 at 8:01 PM, Nowhere said:

When the season started Mohamed looked very healthy and happy and at the end he was gaunt, pale and depressed. He probably had romanticized America thinking he was going to live with a nice woman who has her shit together and instead he got a very disturbed person who can't keep the electricity on and can't hold a job. Obviously he wanted the green card but I think he genuinely thought he could make it work with Danielle. She may not be much to look at but he probably thought she would make a loving wife at least who he had previously cultivated a real friendship with. He was undeniably very happy to see her when he arrived. He was using her for the green card, yeah and she's using him for dick. Well she didn't hold up her end of the deal because she misrepresented her living situation and let her trashy family get involved with every aspect of the relationship. So no wonder he didn't hold up his end of the deal. Danielle is a grown ass woman with grown ass children and she takes a husband whose frontal lobe isn't yet fully developed and im supposed to feel sorry for her? Sorry but I say Mohamed good for you, you got the green card, now get away from this crazy bitch and try to be happy. 

If a man acted like Danielle did treating his mail order bride the way she treated Mohamed, what would we be saying about the female? I'm pretty sure we'd say get away from this guy. Get your green card if you must and then leave. Sort of like how I felt about Nikki from last season. That's how I feel about Mohamed. Yes, he reacted very poorly and there are rumors about other women (I tend to think that people just pick on Danielle because she is so unlikeable and don't necessarily think women throw themselves at him), but he does at least try to communicate his feelings and she's too dumb to pick up on it. I don't know. This one confuses me. 

If a mail order bride came over and promptly took off across the country with a variety of different men bankrolling her while simultaneously continuing to scam others for money online, I doubt that she would see a lot of sympathy no matter how poor her husband may be. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I get that realitymaven, but my thing is, it was Danielle who brought Mohammad to this country.  

I still think that the two of them are milking this thing on TLC for all it's worth and I don't blame either one of them because I'm sure TLC is making money off them.  

I agree. I sympathize with Danielle's long suffering kids and sister, but other than that, there are no sympathetic characters in this saga.

• Love 4

The whole saga is a fascinating Rorshach test depending on which issues and/or personalities affect viewers the most. It's a banquet! I have a huge bias against scammers (huge). But other viewers might be more affected by Dani as mother basically spending her kids' college fund (if any) chasing a guy who wasn't interested. I've seen some posters say that even if Mo scammed Danielle, his actions were justified because how else can an undereducated guy emigrate to the U.S.? And Dani is no doubt a hot mess, so how on earth was her application to sponsor Mo even approved? As her sister said: "Everyone on the planet except Danielle can see what he is"......well, almost anyone. He did get his GC after all. The prevailing philosophy for U.S. policy is: if the American thinks the relationship is real, that's good enough. But should it be? Britain's policy is much tougher but then again the U.K. doesn't include a declaration that exalts the pursuit of happiness. That includes giving people the right to make terrible choices.  But if people can make terrible choices, should the rest of America be punished for them? Does America really need or deserve another Mo? Or does his ability to work the system (and scam other women) predict a great future for him? Who knows? 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, GracieK said:

If a mail order bride came over and promptly took off across the country with a variety of different men bankrolling her while simultaneously continuing to scam others for money online, I doubt that she would see a lot of sympathy no matter how poor her husband may be. 

I have a feeling we're going to see exactly this with Anfisa this season. Stay tuned!

• Love 4
On 9/13/2016 at 1:39 PM, vmcd88 said:

How does one "meet" someone at the Walmart and become good friend with them?

My sister is a weirdo magnate.  There are 3 of us and we went on a trip together and low and behold at every location we went she made new friends.  So I can see how someone can meet people at random places.  They literally just came up to her everywhere we went.  It happened to my late mother as well.

• Love 4

^^ Natalie68 - that is very interesting about your mom and sister. Do you have any guesses as to what it is about them that draws strangers so often?  (its interesting that its your mom and sister- are there any other relatives that have that tendency? aunts, grandmas?)

• Love 2
23 hours ago, GracieK said:

I said nothing about sympathy, Ma'am. I said I don't blame him for leaving her. I don't care what he did with other women and if he promptly took off across the country, bankrolling and scamming, then Danielle should have promptly had him deported. She didn't.

I don't blame anybody for leaving a bad situation. Danielle will have a problem with any man, even a US citizen, if she can't get her shit together and stop lying. No man wants to be with that mess. 

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I said nothing about sympathy, Ma'am. I said I don't blame him for leaving her. I don't care what he did with other women and if he promptly took off across the country, bankrolling and scamming, then Danielle should have promptly had him deported. She didn't.

I don't blame anybody for leaving a bad situation. Danielle will have a problem with any man, even a US citizen, if she can't get her shit together and stop lying. No man wants to be with that mess. 

I feel sorry for neither of them, but Mo does not get a pass from me.  He's a scam artist and a grifter and he never had any intentions of staying with Danielle.  He pulled off every trick in the Tunisian rat playbook.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Nowhere said:

It's not that easy to get him deported now but you're right, Danielle was either blind or stupid or both not to see what he was doing. His conditional visa lasts until September 2017. At that time, he has to persuade Immigration that he married Danielle for the right reasons even though things didn't work out between them. The original intention is all Immigration cares about.

1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

I'm one of those people who's never met a stranger and I'll talk to anyone. Some people are just like that. But no, I don't go home with people I've just met in Walmart.

I'm guessing that it was in fact Mrs. Walmart shopper who picked up Mo. His self pitying spiel always seems to work better with women. Maybe he was weeping loudly in Aisle 9 because he couldn't afford new sneakers? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

If he's a conditional resident, he doesn't have a green card.  He's legally allowed to work, but he is NOT a legal permanent resident (green card holder).  The conditional status lasts for two years following the wedding.  The couple will be called in for a final interview, and if they fail to show or fail the interview, his legal status is revoked and he needs to leave the country.  However, deportation proceedings are expensive and there are more dangerous criminals to pursue, so Mo would be a low-level priority.  Like millions of others, if he keeps a low profile and out of the criminal justice system, he can realistically stay here for as long as he wants.  Sad but true. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, bethster said:

I am suspicious of Mo, but I just Googled "Tunisian food" and my mouth is absolutely watering.  He can come over and cook for husband and me any time he likes.  Yum.

You might want to rethink that one. Yes, Tunisian fine dining is superb but how do you feel about carrot salad mixed with Slim Jims (a form of meat, I am told) and overcooked noodles? That's what I thought! So you and hubby might want to give Mo's Diner a miss.

• Love 4