Type keyword(s) to search

Happily Ever After Social Media And Speculation

• Start Topic

(edited)

The motorcycle scene with Pao and Russ was stupid. Russ, I am sorry you never dated anyone except for Pao and that you are in her home town, there is a chance she will know a few people even if the producers rallied the motorcycle gang as Russ calls it, Pao was no wall flower in Colombia.  Russ needs to get over it and realize that Pao chose him (for a way out and a green card).

Anfisa and Jorge are boring the life out of me.  

Molly is an idiot, Luis is an idiot and Olivia is smart to put some distance between her and them.  Once again we see Molly unable to drive herself...this woman does not have it together in any part of her life.

River starts with (DR guy) how much he is disrespecting the family, who does he think he is Caroline Manzo? LOL.  I do not blame him for not wanting to be around Family Chantel but he brought most of it on himself.  Chantel says his mother and sister have bad energy but she fails to see that maybe her behavior such as the hotel lobby turrets like outburst of ahole, whore etc...just added to the bad feelings.

And then there is Nicole, oy vey.  I love my husband but the day I have him listed in my phone as "My World" will be a very sad day.  We are reminded of how very immature Nicole is.  The fact that her "world" cannot get approved for the visa and criminal activity was mentioned and she still thinks he is the person for her and he is okay to be around her daughter makes me wonder how she can tell the difference between right and wrong.  The US does not want him but she will find a way to bring him here where he is not wanted.  I hope one of them is smart enough not get pregnant.

Dr. Phil could get a whole season out of Molly and Nicole.  

Edited by Baltimore Betty
Spelling Colombia like the town that I work in...Columbia
  • Love 9
On 5/23/2018 at 11:59 AM, gonecrackers said:

That ridiculous pouty thing she does

Ha ha, I invented that pout and what she does is an insult!

David's son getting shot was unfortunate but he has an idiot for a friend who probably should not own a gun.  David's daughter is a bitch.  I thought the convo between Annie and her mother was legit, like a real convo you would have with your mother...except Annie should have asked Mom to wire her money for a ticket out of there.  If David has no money how does he pay for the car expenses?  Food? Anything really?  Starbucks would hire David, they offer health insurance (which I thought you had to guarantee for the visa process), there are tons of them so he could probably take the bus or walk to one close by.  David is weak in character which is sad that Annie was so desperate to get out of the Philippines she chose that worthless lump.

Oh, and I do not believe for one minute they are bumping uglies 7 days a week and if they are ain't no way he is rocking her world.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Oh, and I do not believe for one minute they are bumping uglies 7 days a week and if they are ain't no way he is rocking her world.

The only way I think she bumps uglies with David is if she closes her eyes and thinks of green card.

Molly doesn't need Luis. She needs therapy, a vibrator and/or a FWB (or a male prostitute). 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, gingerella said:

Anyone's know what happened to crazy Evelyn and David Spain?

I took a quick look at her instagram.  Reminds me of Audrey Roloff . . . girl can't take a poop without a photographer taking ethereal photos.  I forgot they even existed until I saw your question.

• Love 8

Didn't Jorge get arrested recently for trying to sell his pot in a state where it was still illegal?

I'm guessing that may have caused him to lose whatever licensing he had for growing it in California? That might be why he's so broke?

That and his crippling debt.

Jorge clearly lives in the moment for whatever will get him what he wants NOW. Eat now. Get high now. Say whatever and pay whatever and grovel to have sex with a woman out of his league now.

His lack of self care is sad. I don't mean he needs to have a gym bod or anything, but when you love someone, you try to look nice for them. He could just stay clean, try to use some impulse control, stare at her eyes and not at her cleavage, etc. 

Most likely his crippling debt led him to make some desperate decisions that got him arrested. And he probably blames her when Jorge's problems are really the result of Jorge.

• Love 3
On 5/28/2018 at 11:32 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

And then there is Nicole, oy vey.  I love my husband but the day I have him listed in my phone as "My World" will be a very sad day. 

This is why I love these boards. I always miss those precious details when watching. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

I found the first half of the next episode on YouTube this morning.  Not sure if it's still up but it's worth a look if anyone's interested.

Thank you! I wonder how that wound up online before it airs? Whatever the case, it's a great watch and Family Chantel is even more horrible than I gave them credit for.  Mother Chantel is SO damn ignorant it's funny. Especially since she thinks she's so hoity toity. It's obvious to me that the dysfunction runs deep in that family and has for a long time. Winter (the sister) obviously just keeps her mouth shut and eats her feelings. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, lovesnark said:

Thank you! I wonder how that wound up online before it airs? Whatever the case, it's a great watch and Family Chantel is even more horrible than I gave them credit for.  Mother Chantel is SO damn ignorant it's funny. Especially since she thinks she's so hoity toity. It's obvious to me that the dysfunction runs deep in that family and has for a long time. Winter (the sister) obviously just keeps her mouth shut and eats her feelings. 

I have no idea, lol.  I just stumbled on it.  It's nice watching without all those commercials.  I thought Nichole's scene with her telling Azan her "news" was really funny,.

(edited)

Wait a minute! That call is to “❤️Babe?” not “My World”. Is she cheating again? 

Edited by magemaud
Edited to add emojis but I’m not sure of the smiley one
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

I have no idea, lol.  I just stumbled on it.  It's nice watching without all those commercials.  I thought Nichole's scene with her telling Azan her "news" was really funny,.

Their On-Demand is all kinds of screwed up.  I saw a 45 minute show (because my DVR doesn't pick up this show for some reason) that had all kinds of huge holes and gaps in it from the "on the last episode" stuff at the beginning, and at the end, it said "See the exciting conclusion on Sunday".  It was labelled as episode 2, but it's clearly not.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

YWGtZIhpUJSQOi-pSzbgPMznvT3sa4gs93YZv6yp

Check out the bag of fries on the bed.  Cmon Nickel you were supposed to be eating healthy.

Wow... you're not kidding! The fries are literally on the bed. As in she's not even bothering to keep them in the little paper thing.

Everybody sleeps with grease stains in their beds, right?

Could be worse.  At least she's not using ketchup!

12 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

In the scene where he told her he needed additional paperwork, I noticed she put her hands over her face and started snorting. Another endearing mannerism of hers..

• Love 5
On 5/29/2018 at 12:11 PM, poeticlicensed said:

This is why I love these boards. I always miss those precious details when watching. 

My hubby, if I had him as "My World" on my phone would be, in all honesty, "Get your own world!!!"  LOLOL!

• Love 6

In the episode for next week posted on YouTube, you see that Nicole does have a kitchen in her nasty apartment. I'm sure it's used for nothing more than microwaving chicken nuggets and fries.

• Love 3
On 5/30/2018 at 8:02 AM, SevenCostanza said:

Check out the bag of fries on the bed.  Cmon Nickel you were supposed to be eating healthy.

One of those fries is trying to make an escape!!

• Love 10
On 5/30/2018 at 7:02 AM, SevenCostanza said:

Gross.  Who puts a bag of fries on their bare mattress pad?  

16 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Gross.  Who puts a bag of fries on their bare mattress pad?  

That’s because it’s not Nichole’s mattress.  That’s Mae’s bed.  And pretty sure That isn’t Mae’s real bed and Mae really doesn’t spend time there unless TLC is filming.  

(edited)

"In Touch" website posted this about whether or not the participants are paid and how much: 

"The main cast is paid $1,000 per episode, but some participants get nothing.

Nikki...(Chris's wife) revealed that all the American participants were paid $1,000 an episode, but "friends" of the cast members were paid nothing. Also, shockingly, the foreign spouses were also paid nothing. [I suspect that Nicole is sending her $1K to Azan and that's why he's trying to keep this gravy train on the tracks] 

Season 5's Luis Mendez confirmed this in an Instagram post. "TLC is a piece of s--t," he wrote. "They only use the immigrant people for make million dollar. They don't pay to us in the first 90 days and they destroy our lives with bad fame, but I don't received any money only the american people because we are trash to them."

Can't you just HEAR Luis saying this? 

Also, according to Nikki, the "cast members" also make $ 2500 to appear on the Tell All Reunion but once the couples are married and the foreign spouse has a green card and can legally work here, they are also paid. To me that would mean Anfisa, Pedro and Pao are being paid but Luis and Annie are not. 

Edited to add: That would also explain David's explanation that "things will get better" once Annie is able to work. Not only will she have a paying job, the show will pay her, too. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, magemaud said:

we are trash to them

For once, Luis isn't wrong. The whole business model of TLC is to put trash on TV for me and my Previously friends to snark on. So...yes, McDonald's sells bad hamburgers and doesn't pay the cows; TLC sells Luis and doesn't pay Luis. You're a bad hamburger, Luis.

• Love 22
23 hours ago, magemaud said:

"In Touch" website posted this about whether or not the participants are paid and how much: 

"The main cast is paid $1,000 per episode, but some participants get nothing.

Nikki...(Chris's wife) revealed that all the American participants were paid $1,000 an episode, but "friends" of the cast members were paid nothing. Also, shockingly, the foreign spouses were also paid nothing. [I suspect that Nicole is sending her $1K to Azan and that's why he's trying to keep this gravy train on the tracks] 

Season 5's Luis Mendez confirmed this in an Instagram post. "TLC is a piece of s--t," he wrote. "They only use the immigrant people for make million dollar. They don't pay to us in the first 90 days and they destroy our lives with bad fame, but I don't received any money only the american people because we are trash to them."

Can't you just HEAR Luis saying this? 

Also, according to Nikki, the "cast members" also make $ 2500 to appear on the Tell All Reunion but once the couples are married and the foreign spouse has a green card and can legally work here, they are also paid. To me that would mean Anfisa, Pedro and Pao are being paid but Luis and Annie are not. 

Edited to add: That would also explain David's explanation that "things will get better" once Annie is able to work. Not only will she have a paying job, the show will pay her, too. 

Also, not all participants appear in every episode. Even if they did, at most it would be $12k for the regular episodes, plus the $2500. To me that is not a lot of money for the amount of filming that they do. I will never, ever believe that TLC foots the bill for the trips and/or events just to stage drama.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Also, not all participants appear in every episode. Even if they did, at most it would be $12k for the regular episodes, plus the $2500. To me that is not a lot of money for the amount of filming that they do. I will never, ever believe that TLC foots the bill for the trips and/or events just to stage drama.

Yes, not including taxes, and certainly not enough to solely support a family on.

• Love 1

I don't care what In Touch printed, it has been disclosed over and over by past participants that the original recipe show pays only the American spouse because the immigrant spouse isn't allowed to earn the income, and the Before participants are both paid $500 per episode instead of $1000. 

Creepy Paul had a long, poorly worded Facebook post about it and how Karine asked that her portion be paid directly to him because her bank was charging excessive fees (yeah right, he probably wanted it). Sharp refused. He later deleted it but it was screen copied and pasted online. 

Nikki and her brother have both claimed they weren't paid for their appearances, and others have said they were. One of the friends of Azan, I think, posted a photo of his bank transfer; it wasn't much but I can't remember what the amount was although it wasn't much in American dollars; like $50 or something. If someone signs a contract allowing their appearance to be used without compensation, they're stupid. Especially on a reality show.

The production company also has to obtain rights to air privately owned property and locations, including their homes. If we take Molly and Luis for an example, it's probably included in their contract that Sharp can use all video that shows their residence, vehicles and personal property. If Sharp wants to film them in a restaurant, it has to have permission and releases to air the restaurant, logos, etc. 

TLC doesn't pay anyone other than the production company. Sharp Entertainment sells it to TLC and Sharp pays the people who appear and all production costs. Almost everyone, including me, just refers to TLC when discussing the show as opposed to specifying what company specifically, but I'm pointing it out for the context of my comments.

Uggggh, I'll have to come back and post the link about the industry standards for the production companies (Sharp here) in reality television and what they are expected to pay for such as the airfare, but I'm being called away at the moment and don't want to lose the post. There have been huge discussions going on over the last few years because some people want reality to be considered scripted (because it is, imo) and the production companies are fighting it and I read a thorough article not too long ago.

• Love 6

Why in the hell would the Brovarnik’s would want to be on the show if they only get paid a pittance?  Then there is the hassle and inconvenience of filming?   Is there real drama in their life or will the manufacturer some just to be on TV.

Maybe I’m old but the reported money isn’t worth it. 

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

E2AZJB6q6-SvR-S3Qh0WOkbe2mxbn8w1fEL9sYCE

Um, that's a hell no from me. They must be missing that TLC fame.

Their storyline was very dull but her horrible behavior in the wrap up show leaves me not wanting to watch her do anything on any show at any time 

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Um, that's a hell no from me. They must be missing that TLC fame.

37 minutes ago, zenme said:

TLC cash more like it. 

I don't EVER want to hear the word "trett's" again!

12 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

Why in the hell would the Brovarnik’s would want to be on the show if they only get paid a pittance?  Then there is the hassle and inconvenience of filming?   Is there real drama in their life or will the manufacturer some just to be on TV.

Maybe I’m old but the reported money isn’t worth it. 

I would rather see her and Alexi than Russ and Pao. At least, as annoying as she was, Loren brought awareness to something pretty important, and her struggles are a lot realer than Pao's. And Alexi if I recall was not a complete doormat.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Landlord said:

I would rather see her and Alexi than Russ and Pao. At least, as annoying as she was, Loren brought awareness to something pretty important, and her struggles are a lot realer than Pao's. And Alexi if I recall was not a complete doormat.

My favorite moment on the show was when Alexi surprised Loren at the hotel where she was giving her speech.  By their reactions to each other, I saw that they do really love each other.  It was a beautiful moment.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, druzy said:

This was gold. Love it!

1 hour ago, bethster2000 said:

My favorite moment on the show was when Alexi surprised Loren at the hotel where she was giving her speech.  By their reactions to each other, I saw that they do really love each other.  It was a beautiful moment.

I know! It was adorable. I'd rather see a little more bland, less fabricated but genuine love than fabricated whatever the heck Russ and Pao are.

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, spankydoll said:

Their storyline was very dull but her horrible behavior in the wrap up show leaves me not wanting to watch her do anything on any show at any time 

Precisely. Her screaming at other participants plus mean girling Anfisa was disgusting behavior. Let's not forget how she threatened to rip a producer's dick off if certain footage from their Israeli wedding was included in the show (it was). Someone got a little too big for her britches. I'm not surprised that Sharp stopped filming with her. I don't think Alexei was into it anyway.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 12