Type keyword(s) to search

Ozzy & Jack's World Detour - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Also Ozzy driving a tank!   "You Broke the Tank!" OZZY Imagines Germans talking.."We will have schnapps while you fix tank"  then.."Tankbreaker!" then the visual of Ozzys head sticking out of tank, ala Michael Dukakis priceless!

• Love 1

I saw Jack on a talk show this morning, Hollywood something or other. It was an interesting interview. He's doing something with MS now. You Don't Know Jack About MS, I think it's called. Anyway, he said that it's in no way official yet but Ozzy & Jack will be back with a 2nd season of this show. They're in meetings discussing where the 2 will visit next. So good news! And we can only hope it continues.

• Love 2

'Just discovered the show today, when scanning what was available on demand.

2 episodes in, I really love it - it's so cool when you discover, just by chance, something so wonderful.

The combination of history and warm father/son dynamics make it both watchable and interesting.

• Love 2

I saw what was supposed to be a 2 minute teaser for S2, but honestly everything they showed I remembered from S1.  I hope this is not going to be like Battlebots where the Science channel is listing that show as a new season, but it's really just a rerun of the 2015 season.

4 hours ago, Nancypants said:

YAAASSSS! ITS BACK! 

OmGawd, the whole thing with getting the 1973 GMC camore and the little song he sang about it, just, so funny.

Robert the Doll cursing the GMC!  The fishing trip!  The python catching!  I loved every minute of this episode, the best one yet.

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 11:11 PM, Nanu160 said:

I also remember Moments from the Osbourne s when Ozzy was delicately painting a picture, then cut to him dining extravagantly with perfect manners, asking Sharon, " Where are the Babies" , buying British Candy for her and stuffing her dresser drawers with 800$  worth of British Candy for when she came home from hospital.. because "American candy is Crap"v. Sweet

Nice guy when he tries

Ozzy asking Sharon where the "babies" were was one of my favorite bits from the original show. 

I happened to catch an episode of this last night. I've seen it before, I caught a marathon of the first season at one point. Someone mentioned on the first page wanting to see Ozzy at the grocery store and last night's episode had them shopping with Pearl to go camping. Jack as a dad is just lovely. Personal demons aside, I do think Ozzy was a good dad to at least his kids with Sharon. I remember he had at least one son before marrying Sharon, so that son might have a different opinion. I hope someday Jack gets to go to the Grand Canyon! Ozzy and Pearl being anti plane ride was awesome. 

• Love 2

I like that Jack doesn't allow Ozzie to say f*ck around Pearl, "Language!", and that Ozzie actually tries to cooperate and sometimes apologizes for it.  That Pearl sure is a cutie pie, and Jack seems like an awesome dad.  He must be a great son, too, because Ozzie sure isn't easy to travel with.

• Love 2
On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 6:58 PM, Nancypants said:

Jack is Lovely!

So much this!  With each episode I'm increasingly in awe of how patient and good-humored Jack is in spite of Ozzie's sense of entitlement about every damn thing, how much Ozzie complains about nearly everything, and how often he's either insulting Jack or totally ignoring Jack.  However in the world Jack managed to grow up into such a delightful and well-grounded young man is certainly a mystery to me. 

• Love 3

Watched the first episode.  Kelly is in the mix.  Lisa is just days from giving birth and wants Jack with her for the birth.  Jack and Ozzy take a short trip to a SkySlide on an LA skyscraper; looked terrifying to me.   Ozzy is busy with promos for his new tour, so just Jack and Kelly take Jack's kids to Legoland in the new camper van.  

I'll probably keep watching, but so far, with the new family dynamics, it's not nearly as interesting as the previous seasons.  And knowing that Jack and Lisa split after some of the filming had been done makes it kind of weird.  Public/private personas and all that.

But Robert does make an appearance, so there's that!

• Love 2

It really was touching watching Ozzy and Kelly react to the choir singing "Changes".  I'm familiar with the Black Sabbath version, but the only reason I knew Ozzy and Kelly had a number one hit with it in the UK was because of watching the Osbournes episode of Counterculture a few weeks back.  You could see that it meant a lot to them.  I don't know why it wasn't a hit in the US (I'm not even sure it was released in the US).  Here I was just beginning to think that these "musical surprises" were going to start to wear thin, but they've proved me wrong yet again.

I also liked the picture of Ozzy with his dog, Rocky.  The artist did a nice job on that, and it was nice to see Ozzy compliment her on it, you could tell she appreciated it.

On 6/2/2018 at 8:39 AM, Fostersmom said:

Jack's wife has filed for divorce. 

That stinks.  It has struck me as odd that he would be out running around the country after they just had another child.

For that matter, I'm surprised Ozzy wants to run around doing the Detour show, when he has to go on tour in a few weeks.  It's like going on another tour, but he seems to enjoy it.

• Love 3

You can tell Ozzy is thrilled with all the "musical surprises" each and every time. You can see the excitement and appreciation on his face and it's just plain nice top see. I would imagine he's seen thousands of horrible hack jobs of his music over the decades, so not only are they finding amazing people covering his music, he's looking to really enjoy them. The women's choir was just beautiful. 

Ozzy's love of ice cream is hilarious as was him milking the cow. 

• Love 6

I had never heard Changes before; it was lovely.  Enjoyed this episode more than the previous one.  I've been in weather like they were in at the St. Louis arch - no fun!  Enjoyed the Kennel Club Museum; I'll have to put it on my list for "someday..."

Poor Robert!

• Love 1

This was a pretty good episode, with Ozzy eating chocolate, seeing vinyl get pressed, and the wax Ozzy figure.  This won't sound PC, but I would have had a hard time enjoying my meal with all those drag queens performing.

I said I was getting tired of the musical tributes, but they make me look bad again.  The Louisville Leopards doing Crazy Train was touching.  Those two little kids jumping with the maracas or whatever they were was funny.  And the little kid who comes up and tells Ozzy "I may never meet you again, so I wanted to tell you you're my favorite musician ever", how cute was that?  This is just the sort of thing that famous people get jaded to and tired of hearing, but I don't see how that could fail to warm your heart.

• Love 2

I love how much Ozzy loves little kids.  He's so great with his grandkids (and the throwback pics of him with his own kids are *adorable*), and the look of sheer delight on his face while the Leopards were performing made me snorfle just a tiny bit.  He's just a big ol' marshmallow.  Who loves ice cream and Pomeranians.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 7/26/2018 at 5:50 PM, Lovecat said:

I love how much Ozzy loves little kids.  He's so great with his grandkids (and the throwback pics of him with his own kids are *adorable*)

And it looks like he still has a great relationship with his children, if this show is any indication.  No surprise he became the "Ozzy Nelson" of the 2000s.

I wonder if Kelly will be staying on for future seasons.  All they need to do now is add Sharon and we'll have all of The Osbournes.

Edited by rmontro
  • Love 2
On 7/22/2018 at 1:52 PM, zoey1996 said:

Poor Robert!

I'm anticipating his return by the season finale (if it hasn't happened already...I'm not caught up through last night)!!

On 7/26/2018 at 4:04 AM, rmontro said:

I would have had a hard time enjoying my meal with all those drag queens performing.

Why?

According to TMZ, Lisa has a new boyfriend & Jack punched him in the head. 

http://www.tmz.com/2018/08/02/jack-osbourne-fight-estranged-wife-lisa-boyfriend-head-punch/?adid=hero3

1 hour ago, CaliforniaLove said:

According to TMZ, Lisa has a new boyfriend & Jack punched him in the head. 

Now there's some drama!  Why couldn't they film that and put it on the show?

Seriously, it was cool of the boyfriend not to press charges.  I'm sure a lot of people would have dollar signs running through their head if a celebrity punched them.

Regarding the drag queens, I don't know, I'm old fashioned I guess, just not the most appetizing thing I can think of watching while I'm eating.

As for the most recent episode, once again an emotional musical moment with the marching band.  I had never heard that "Perry Mason" song before, I had to look it up.  Ozzy recognized it right away.  Odd subject matter for a song lol.

Not sure who that rock and roll redneck guy was, or if he was supposed to be famous.   

Pearl was cute naming the lizard Broccoli, being excited for all the animals, and being so happy about hitting Ozzy in the face with the pie repeatedly.  He sure was a good sport.

No Kelly this week, wonder how often she will be joining them in the future?

• Love 2
20 hours ago, rmontro said:

No Kelly this week, wonder how often she will be joining them in the future?

I actually don't mind her as much as I thought I would.

Though her brattiness does come through at times...

Who would have thought the Prince of Darkness would be such a softy....loves animals...took pies in the face over and over to entertain Pearl. 

And anyone who already has a boyfriend before their divorce is even finalized (I don't think it is anyways), was probably seeing them before the split up...

I really thought Kelly was going to ruin the show, but overall, I am still enjoying the hell out of it.

And I am with Ozzy, ice cream is my one sweet weakness...

• Love 3

Watched the finale last night.  Liked the chocolate sculptor, the poozeum not so much.  They got Ozzy to the first concert in Jacksonville - yay!  Not an Ozzy music fan, never have been, but I respect the talent and work that goes in to what he does.