Type keyword(s) to search

Ozzy & Jack's World Detour - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Me, too, Willowsmom. I've been checking here daily to see if there was a separate thread for it. After many wks of looking, however, I was quite shocked - and pleased - to find there now is one - last night. I would have started one but I was stuck on what to name to topics. :) Prince of Darkness is so played.

I've been trying to get my friends to watch but no one seems interested. This is a quiet gem. I'm not really a fan of Ozzy's music but I am a fan of Ozzy. I really enjoyed him on his reality show in the early oo's - his trip to the dentist, "bubbles, Sharon?" I love his relationshp with Jack. And I'm finding that I like Jack a lot even more than Ozzy. I love how he treats his father. It's hard to reconcile this Jack with the teenage Jack I remember from the reality series. He's come a long way.

I hope there is a 2nd series as I'm really enjoying this one.

I also enjoy history so this makes the show even more fun/interesting. I liked seeing that underground vault where Sony stores its records. I liked see a bit of their home in England. The fridge looked well stocked. I wonder how often they are there. It's hard to imagine Jack and Ozzy stocking up at the grocery store. A vid of that would be entertaining as hell.

• Love 5

I also liked/laughed when Ozzy was talking about the King Arthur guy being a nutter and Jack gave him this look and Ozzy said that he (Ozzy) was only a medium nutter compared to that guy who was a full nutter.

• Love 2
On 9/8/2016 at 4:11 PM, kat165 said:

And I'm finding that I like Jack a lot even more than Ozzy. I love how he treats his father. It's hard to reconcile this Jack with the teenage Jack I remember from the reality series. He's come a long way.

Yeah, him and his sister were MAJOR brats back when the The Osbournes was on.

He has grown up SO much. Very likeable guy really.

Love this show, glad to see there is a forum for it, even if it is just three of us posting. :)

Edited by Jenkins
  • Love 3

I didn't know this show existed until a couple of days ago, now I'm hooked!   I've always loved Ozzy and I agree that Jack has grown into a great man, too bad his sister's still a brat.  I caught a couple of episodes and I'm looking for more. 

• Love 2

This show cracks me up. Ozzy is so befuddled most of the time! I think the thing I love the most is the real Ozzy fans they encounter who are so excited to meet him! The guy at the nuke bunker was so thrilled!

On 9/17/2016 at 3:15 AM, Maharincess said:

I've always loved Ozzy and I agree that Jack has grown into a great man, too bad his sister's still a brat.

Jack has really turned out well. I liked Kelly a lot when she was on Dancing with the Stars, but I agree she's brattier than Jack. Jack was a typical slacker teen on The Osbornes, you kind of figured he'd be OK. Kelly was and still is a drama queen--Ozzy said it best back then, that she was prone to frequently and unexpectedly "throwing a wobbler! Its just Kelly!" Jack is adorable and so funny.

• Love 3

I've watched from the beginning. They both really do enjoy history and they do know about these places. It's not fed to them. I know back to the family reality show in Ozzy's most befuddled moments he could still come up with interesting facts. I think he seems befuddled physically due to drug use but his mind somehow remains quick. Let's not forget that Jack has been diagnosed with MS, too, unless I am mistaken. I would love to have had the access they have to these sites. I had hoped it would be more popular and some kids would become interested and learn something.

• Love 3

I absolutely loved the DC episode. Ozzy and Jack seemed to be having a blast, and everyone at every location looked as if they were truly enjoying themselves. The guide at the spy museum and the FBI guys at Quantico were laughing and having fun and it was just great to watch! Its such a treat to see men in their 50's and 60's fan boying over Ozzy, you can see the long haired metal heads they were when they were kids. Its so cute. 

• Love 3

OMFG! The President heads! DARLING IVE BROUGHT YOU A PRESENT! Anyone want to take a stab at which huge towering President's bust would be most hilarious in Ozzy's backyard garden in L.A.? (CARTER would be funny). also Reagan, for different reasons...

• Love 2

Those heads were hilarious! I finally had time to watch this morning. I'd never heard of these heads before. This was another great episode. They continue to amuse and charm. I like how Ozzy wanted to put one in his garden at home.

Ozzy and those boots! And that puffy vest/jacket. He never seems to dress warm enough.  I do have to say that I don't get Ozzy's desire to visit the White House.

The spy museum was interesting. That rectal kit was both funny and frightening.

I hope this show is being watched. I'd love another season. It's always delightful from beginning to end.

• Love 1

Presidents Park with the heads were first in Williamsburg, VA, where I've lived for about 16 years.  I never got out to visit the park, but I drove by it and thought it was pretty cool.  

The British Embassy could have arranged a tour for Ozzy and Jack, or Jack could have contacted his representative in Congress (Jack has dual citizenship, not sure about Ozzy), but it probably would have been part of a public tour, not special access like they've enjoyed at several sights.  

This show is such fun to watch, much better than I thought it would be.

• Love 3

Havana looks fabulous! I loved the scene with the writers in the Yellow Submarine cafe. Ozzy was just so relaxed and in his element, and really enjoyed the guitarist. Everyone was so happy to be there together. It was really sweet and moving. And the trip to Hemingway's house? Really wonderful! The guide was so charming. Jack seems to have a real genius for finding interesting/unusual places to visit (I hope its at least partly him, and not an assistant).

• Love 2

I agree, Pepper. That scene was lovely. And Jack seems very into these places they go to, or at least most of them. I do think he has a lot of input into where they go. I haven't gotten the impression that the majority of these places have been someone else's idea.

• Love 2
On 9/26/2016 at 9:39 AM, zoey1996 said:

Presidents Park with the heads were first in Williamsburg, VA, where I've lived for about 16 years.  I never got out to visit the park, but I drove by it and thought it was pretty cool.  

The British Embassy could have arranged a tour for Ozzy and Jack, or Jack could have contacted his representative in Congress (Jack has dual citizenship, not sure about Ozzy), but it probably would have been part of a public tour, not special access like they've enjoyed at several sights.  

This show is such fun to watch, much better than I thought it would be.

Those heads!

• Love 2

I know. I was so disappointed. Those 10 eps went by so fast.

I got caught up in a not very good movie (Idris Elba was in which is why I was caught) and missed the first 1/2 hr of Sunday's show so I have that to look forward to when it appears on Demand. And then next wk. I do hope there's a season 2. I think Jack would be into, I'm not sure about Ozzy.

Edited by kat165
  • Love 1

Finally watched the first portion of the ep this morning. Good show. Jack and the cigars was funny. I really like Jack. I'm surprised at how much he's changed since he was a teenager on their earlier reality show. He's so likeable. Cuba looks kind of beautiful, the view of the water from that highway and the neat watercolored buildings with the darkish sky and breeze, kind of breathtaking.

Why couldn't Jack go salsa dancing if it was raining? Was it an outdoor venue? That made no sense.

Edited by kat165
  • Love 3

I agree, Nanu. That's what's making the show, in my opinion.

Something I'm curious about: I've never seen any of Ozzy's shows and I wonder, given the way he walks around now, what he's like on stage performing. Is he more limber? Does he jump around? He seems so fragile offstage/in life "regular" life. He always seems like he's trembling slightly. It's very hard to imagine him performing.

• Love 1

That makes sense. My dad had that & Ozzy reminds me so much of my dad in his later years in the way he moved & seemed somewhat out of it. Completely different personalities though.

Thanks for answering, Nanu.

• Love 1

Yuh my dad too. Also what is apparent is that Ozzy had been someone who has had "Handlers" take care of all the niggling details when he is touring/traveling or whatnot, so he can have more room to just concentrate on Being Ozzy. Jack is a gentle genius at this when they're together

V. Cute.

• Love 4

I bet you're right, about the handlers. Jack is so good with him.

I really liked at the end of the episode Jack lit up and Ozzy got disgusted and "tattled" on him. "Mom, Jack's smoking cigars in our house."

• Love 2

I liked when Ozzy deepthroated the coffee like it was a shot of liquid Hard sure, and kept the foam moustache going Like he had no idea(spinach in teeth) it was there. My 76 Y.o. Mom is now an Ozzy/Jack fan due to their charm.

*hard drugs

• Love 3

Ozzy's face as the guitarist played, and the whispered "Randy would have loved this" made me tear up a little. I agree @Nanu160, Ozzy really is a sweet and gentle man. He and Jack are close and I love that. I remember when "The Osbournes" was on the air, and Jack was still a teen--Ozzy couldn't get the DVD player to work, so he plaintively called for Jack, who came right down and helped him. Then he plunked himself down on the couch with his dad, putting his head on Ozzy's shoulder. Such a sweet moment.

• Love 3

Nanu, that made me laugh. He said that he doesn't even like coffee. He just drinks it for the buzz. Although he didn't use that word, I think he just made a sound to indicate "buzz."

I too teared up at the Randy Rhodes reference.

Aw, Pepper, I don't remember that moment. That sounds so sweet. MTV now has a classic channel and they're showing old Real Worlds. I wish they'd run the Osbournes too. That would be awesome.

• Love 2

I also remember Moments from the Osbourne s when Ozzy was delicately painting a picture, then cut to him dining extravagantly with perfect manners, asking Sharon, " Where are the Babies" , buying British Candy for her and stuffing her dresser drawers with 800$  worth of British Candy for when she came home from hospital.. because "American candy is Crap"v. Sweet

Nice guy when he tries

• Love 5
On 9/30/2016 at 3:58 PM, kat165 said:

Aw, Pepper, I don't remember that moment. That sounds so sweet. MTV now has a classic channel and they're showing old Real Worlds. I wish they'd run the Osbournes too. That would be awesome.

I have season 1 on DVD! worth every penny!

"I love you all-but you're all fucking mad!"

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 1

The season finale was by far my favorite ep. I'm going to watch it again because I forget now all the stuff I wanted to comment on. Loved the harmonica shop and Super Chicken. The music in this one was what really make it worth a rewatch. Those - what were they? Diddley Bo's? This is why I have to rewatch. Those were amazing. The sound! Loved the place where they stopped to pee and then seeing the guy a bit later, like he transported to the downtown by magic. Such a great ep.

I'm developing a huge crush on Jack. I hope there's a 2nd season. Anyone know how the show did in the ratings?

• Love 2