Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E01: Rogue

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

I haven't watched this for a few years, so came back hoping to find something I'd want to stay with for the season.

Not sure yet, going to hold off judgment for a bit. It seems like it's not quite right at present, but there was enough to make me believe it will jell down the track. There was a lot of awkwardness in both the cast and the team, both seem to be adjusting to a new situation and not quite fitting at the seams. Esposito was annoying but it's the first episode. 

But I couldn't drag my eyes away from Sean Murray's godawful make up . Honestly he had about 3 different tones - fake tan orange in big splodges round his cheeks and chin. It was horrible. Has it been like this for a while?

Abby is nothing more than an oversized ham. They all need toning down about 5 notches. Fornell and Gibbs, the old pros, know how to roll it though.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I liked it well enough. It amuses me that Gibbs has gone from a loner who slept on his couch, to providing a hostel for in-transition colleagues. He was very smiley this episode. Nothing wrong with that smile.

It makes me all kinds of happy to see Gibbs going back to the smiley Gibbs we saw in the first two seasons.

• Love 10

Hi, GHScorpiosRule:  What a nice surprise seeing Bud from JAG show up on NCIS........ since it seemed like he & McGeek were acquainted with one another, you think Tim should have asked about his wife Harriet & their kids, AJ & Sarah ...wonder if his son would be old enough to be a mid-shipman at Annapolis? And since the JAG series ended with a coin-toss cliffhanger.....as a long-time fan of that series, I wanted to hear that Harm & Mac got their happy ending!  P.S. Love your screen name.

• Love 1

Today I found out that someone I just met has a friend who used to work on the JAG set.  He brought her and her husband to the set one day to see what it was like.  Then he asked if they would like to go see the set of NCIS.  She got to meet Mark Harmon who she said was as real as it gets.  Very warm and friendly guy.........sigh

• Love 4

@scorpio1031 soooo jealous! I've loved Harmon since forever. Was in LA s couple years ago and toured the Paramount lot but alas, they weren't taping yet. Or if they were, they were on the soundstage and not outside. Probably for the best since I likely would have jumped off the tram and dodged all manner of people trying to get me back just to catch a glimpse of him lol!

• Love 1

I was prepared to not like either new agent... but by the end of the show, I was ok with it.  It's not that I disliked either actor, I just felt it was too soon too bring in a new agent.  I just hope that whatever health issue was plaguing Esposito is better now.... that's why she left Blue Bloods because she couldn't take the long hours.   I just don't want McGhee's contributions to be overshadowed by the presence of a new senior character.

• Love 1

Late to the party, just got through watching the episode...finally.

I thought it was a decent enough season opener.  It had to be a bit difficult having to solve a case, as well as introduce a couple of new characters to the NCIS audience.  And I thought they handled it pretty well.  Loved the line about the doorbell.  Heh.  I would have done a spit-take had been drinking a beverage at the time.  :)

As for the newer characters, I think the jury is out.   I did kinda like Quinn.  Her scenes were good with Gibbs, I thought.  Torres I am not sure about.  He seems like someone who wouldn't work well with a team.  Especially considering he had been deep undercover for around 8 years essentially on his own.  I wish they would have brought that British agent in first.  He was already on a recent NCIS episode and it would have been easier for some of the NCIS fan base to see a halfway familiar face, instead of giving us a really new character for the team right off the bat.  But maybe that's just me.  I guess time will tell how everyone settles in on the revamped NCIS group.

Loved Fornell on the lounging around on the couch.  I really hope he has more scenes in Gibbs' place as he continues to rehab. 

• Love 1