Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: A Clean Slate

• Start Topic

On September 6, 2016 at 8:07 AM, SoupThrower said:

I would like to agree with Sarah and Tara about how no one cares but it gets really really over the top at my college. There were fist fights, ripping posters, rumors making, bribery, like shit got real and the worst is the they basically come to you and go about their issues in your face when you just wanted to go to class. So this episode got a few things right.

But really no one (majority) cares and it is all just title I guess. I don't know but I've seen a lot of posters like the Richland Walsh poster with nothing on the issues so whatever.

Sucks that this is D'Shawn's 2nd last episode. So much better than Zuckerman Vasquez. 

So one of the reasons this makes no sense is the writing is bad. I know! You're shocked! Anyway, as happened all the fucking time on the show, the writers can't be bothered to clarify the actual issue in a coherent way. I'm guessing (as someone who used to work in politics) the issue isn't that the succession isn't clear. That's ridiculous. A university as large as CU is supposed to be, would have very clear rules about what to do if a student officer steps down. The issue is that Josh died before he was sworn in. He died before all the votes were cast so you could argue he was never officially elected therefore there is no office for Brandon to take over. Even this I call BS on because I think a university like CU would actually have a rule you could apply (look at what the bylaws say about a student who is elected but expelled or dropped out before taking office. The rule could be applied to this). I mean I think they actually do sort of mention this in a throw away line by Alex Diaz, but the show is always too busy sucking Brandon off to actually present these things in a way that makes sense.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

SHUT UP KELLY! Who critiques a gift from a dead guys sister who is, you know, in actual mourning? You are the worst! Except for your boyfriend who is the very worst. Their worst-ness is more then the sum of its actual parts. It's like they join together to creat some sort of Voltron of pissy, self righteous, basic suburban white kid super worst.

Kelly proves to be an awful psych major in that scene and almost makes Brandon sympathetic.  Almost.

12 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

So one of the reasons this makes no sense is the writing is bad. I know! You're shocked! Anyway, as happened all the fucking time on the show, the writers can't be bothered to clarify the actual issue in a coherent way. I'm guessing (as someone who used to work in politics) the issue isn't that the succession isn't clear. That's ridiculous. A university as large as CU is supposed to be, would have very clear rules about what to do if a student officer steps down. The issue is that Josh died before he was sworn in. He died before all the votes were cast so you could argue he was never officially elected therefore there is no office for Brandon to take over. Even this I call BS on because I think a university like CU would actually have a rule you could apply (look at what the bylaws say about a student who is elected but expelled or dropped out before taking office. The rule could be applied to this). I mean I think they actually do sort of mention this in a throw away line by Alex Diaz, but the show is always too busy sucking Brandon off to actually present these things in a way that makes sense.

There's really only one solution.

That's right: KINGSMOOT! 

Yeah, GoT fan here. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

There's really only one solution.

That's right: KINGSMOOT! 

Yeah, GoT fan here. 

I would love to see Brandon and Alex Diaz in a trial by combat situation!!!!!!! I'll bring the popcorn, you bring the drinks!

6 hours ago, benteen said:

Kelly proves to be an awful psych major in that scene and almost makes Brandon sympathetic.  Almost.

She did fall asleep while trying to read her textbook and apparently does so poorly in Ab Psych that she had to take it four times (never letting that one go and I'm counting the episodes until it arrives) so her major is clearly wasted.

• Love 1

Those ties are so ugly. Also Brandon's swimfan looks so old there like Andrea old. In better lighting he always reminded me of grown Winston Egbert. He had longish floppy dark hair, was tall and skinny and wore baggy preppy clothes, and always leaning and slouching around. 

I seriously thought he was in love with Brandon and his obsession with exposing Brandon's dating life was a gambit of Josh's to wishfully out him or get his attention. This was also why he was so pissy and manupulative it was sexual frustration. Can't imagine why, Brandon is no Jessica Wakefield. Not even a Enid Rollins. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Those ties are so ugly. Also Brandon's swimfan looks so old there like Andrea old. In better lighting he always reminded me of grown Winston Egbert. He had longish floppy dark hair, was tall and skinny and wore baggy preppy clothes, and always leaning and slouching around.  

A++ SVH reference.

• Love 4

I have to side with the commenters saying that some people do kinda care about who wins student body president, especially at UVa, where I went, which was politico central, with tons of people competing against each other to get into law school. I would imagine student body president would be a pretty decent line on the law school app. As someone who once read undergrad resumes for internships, it would def. have caught my eye as I was flipping through them all. 

What year, Onfire444? Class of 2000 here.

And yeah, the politicos did care, but I guess they were the only ones, given how low voting turnout among the students was. Granted, neither I nor anyone of my friends were in office, so I guess it isn't something I was too close too. I did have friends who made it into the University Guide Service...from what I remember, that was competitive ;)

Brandon is especially bad in this episode. Such a quitter and a complainer.
I may be crazy but I wish they had not killed Josh. It might have been fun to have a dorky, kind of annoying character that showed up every once in a while. No major plot lines but could have been fun.
Why does it seem like Andrea is wearing pajamas to the student senate meeting?

On 9/11/2016 at 2:16 PM, Klaw said:

Zing!

But seriously, she didn't walk that way pre-pregnancy, it's just such an odd quirk to pick up, like giving birth unhinged her hip or something...

My pelvis was messed up from my 2nd pregnancy and didn't go back to normal for years afterwards. In fact, when child was 3 I re-aggravated it running and was back to walking weird again.

That said, I wish they hadn't written the pregnancy in. The show didn't do a good job with it. It would have been much better to hide Ohndrea's belly behind a big bag or a potted plant or something.

• Love 1
On 7/30/2017 at 0:27 AM, Your Aunt Tilly said:

My pelvis was messed up from my 2nd pregnancy and didn't go back to normal for years afterwards. In fact, when child was 3 I re-aggravated it running and was back to walking weird again.

That said, I wish they hadn't written the pregnancy in. The show didn't do a good job with it. It would have been much better to hide Ohndrea's belly behind a big bag or a potted plant or something.

Man, sorry to hear that YAT - I don't have kids so had no idea. But ITA that the pregnancy being written in was a huge mistake. Big bad, plotted plants or heck, have her take a semester abroad! I think Gabrielle unwittingly hastened Andrea's demise as a regular cast member with her insistence that they write the pregnancy in. Because after the usual stuff - risky pregnancy storyline, adultery storyline - what the hell could they do with her and Jessie? 

• Love 1