Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E22: Abby's New Beginning

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

With Maddie gone, a newly motivated Abby promises to no longer overlook her remaining dancers; Abby assigns Brynn and Kendall head-to-head duets with boy partners; Jess calls out Abby's favoritism for Brynn, angering Ashlee.

1 hour ago, MoonWalker said:

Is it just me or was Kendall being extra salty on tonight's Girl Talk. She annoys me.

Yeah, a bit. Although I thought the audience overreacted to her saying Abby was experiencing karma. But they usually do that kind of thing.

I forgot how much I hate this show. I liked Jess when she first came on, but she was just awful to Brynn tonight. All the girls have cried. The time Abby took Kendall's solo away, she was refusing to dance and acting like a brat about it. Brynn was just legitimately nervous. Abby finally reacting reasonably to an upset child is a reason to celebrate, not complain. I was really glad Nia and Kalani stepped up and told Abby that Brynn was ready to dance. Too bad Jess and Jill wouldn't listen.

• Love 4

Wow....I see nothing's changed over the summer. Jess and Jill are still stuck in middle school.

The jealously is strong with this one. Jill and Jessalyn are disgusting cruel pigs. Grown women bullying and ganging up on a 12 year old girl. Very immature and petty. They know exactly what they're doing and should be ashamed of themselves. Lying on a little kid. 

• Love 8

Jill and Jess are horrible people.  That's nothing new, I know.  They are both so vile and full of hate and jealousy. I bet if you cut either one of them they'd bleed green.  

Kendall just isn't cut out to be a dancer in the same caliber as Maddie. Or Nia. Or Brynn.  Jill is warped to think that Kendall has the same commercial appeal or talent as some of the other girls.  If anything, Kendall has begun to lose some of her girl next door natural good looks.  I'd almost be ready to say living with her witch of a momster is turning the poor girl's insides and outsides as ugly, but that can't be the only factor.  Maddie, Mackenzie and JoJo live with horrible ugly mean spirited mothers and (at least on TV) the girls seem fairly sweet and respectful.  Jill and her new lackey, Jess are so disgusting in their bullying.

As for the dances...yawn. Same ol' lame choreography.  What was with the boy's mom lying about Brynn being the one stalling back stage?  Yes I know it has to be producer driven "controversy".  That group dance was energetic but nothing as challenging as I'd expect from a group of tweens who have been dancing for most of their lives.  

Reality Cowgirl got it right...more of the same crap and histrionics.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Yeah, a bit. Although I thought the audience overreacted to her saying Abby was experiencing karma. But they usually do that kind of thing.

I forgot how much I hate this show. I liked Jess when she first came on, but she was just awful to Brynn tonight. All the girls have cried. The time Abby took Kendall's solo away, she was refusing to dance and acting like a brat about it. Brynn was just legitimately nervous. Abby finally reacting reasonably to an upset child is a reason to celebrate, not complain. I was really glad Nia and Kalani stepped up and told Abby that Brynn was ready to dance. Too bad Jess and Jill wouldn't listen.

I totally agree Abby was great, Jill and Jess are totally witches and need to grow the hell up and act like carrying adult dance mothers instead of Mean Girls of Jr High School

• Love 5

Kendall's duet was incredibly boring and awkward. She seemed half asleep, as she often does when she is onstage. (Plus, she still wins for having had the most meltdowns about the dances.) Her duet showed no partnering at all. Heck, Jo Jo would have been better as the street performer if it wasn't going to utilize the boy and girl in a partnering way. Brynn's was better, but since she slipped I knew she was not going to place well.

Not only was it wrong for Yaddiel's mom to flat out lie, when she had to know she would get caught, but her referring to Brynn as "the girl," instead of using her name just made it worse for me.

Poor Brynn is so rattled these days I can't even tell if she is a good performer or not. I don't think she has the nerves of steel she will need to be a stable and consistent asset. She needs to take yoga or something to deal with all of that stress of being bullied by the Momsters. Jessalynn and Jill are a toxic pair of shrews who would throw Brynn under a bus in a heartbeat - even over lies. They seem to feed each other. The only thing I can say for Jessa's intolerance of all the sniveling, is that her own kid has survived a lot of crap and is so resilient and happy to be there, and she never complains or has meltdowns about the routines. Jo Jo will do anything, and fully invest.

I love how Jill stormed off in a huff not a day after she lectured Ashley about leaving the room to cry. And they need to meet with Abby and not have these confrontations in front of the children. You never berate an educator in front of the children, unless you want the kids to all start getting mouthy and defiant like Kendall has become. In the dance world, the instructor is always in charge.

The previews for this season showed Kendall crying a lot. Everyone seems to be crying a lot. 

• Love 1

No, Brynn doesn't need a yoga class. Jess and Jill need to stop beating up on a 12-year-old girl. If they have an issue with her placement then they need to take it up with Abby in private. I'm so done with this piece of trash after last night. Who does that?

• Love 9

Does anyone believe any of it is real at this point?  I've dealt with bullies like Jill and Jess at work and it's horrible but it's possible it's all scripted.  At least the conversation at the begging when they all meet outside seemed to be.       

These two knucklehead clowns are not winning public favor for their own daughters by bullying Brynn... or anyone on the show. Beautiful Brynn, you just keep doing what you do best, ignore these selfish, ugly women and their pathetic lies and accusations, and stay true to yourself. There will never be another Maddie, just like there has never been another Madonna, or Mariah or Miss Janet, so don't feel like you have to be her - fill your own dance shoes full of Beautiful Brynn and your SHINING STAR will be blinding.

• Love 5

All the terrible mom shenanigans (why did Jess go to the dark side so badly?) and producer-staged crap aside (Does anyone on earth believe that was any kind of a "real" competition?), I noticed a real lack of finish and technique in this routine--way more so than any of the previous ones. I don't know if it was because they were dancing with the boys, but there was a lot of sloppiness, and halfway effort. Almost as though they were marking moves rather than actually dancing full out. Kalani looked good though. 

Abby being so complimentary of Nia now that her star's on the rise...lol. GET OUTTA HERE. Good for Holly for calling her on that.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Laurie4H said:

Does anyone believe any of it is real at this point?  I've dealt with bullies like Jill and Jess at work and it's horrible but it's possible it's all scripted.  At least the conversation at the begging when they all meet outside seemed to be.       

For the most part, I do believe it's scripted. But what kind of people agree to harass a young girl just to make money off a TV show? And what kind of mother agrees to subject her child to it? Even if said child is aware that none of it is real it's got to take some kind of toll on her, this isn't a weekly scripted drama.

• Love 3

This show is beyond stupid at this point, but the only thing I want to say is kudos to Nia and Kehlani for continuing to act as stand up young ladies.  I know most of this is scripted and what not, but I'm really happy to see the way those two have grown into themselves during their teen years, and how they try to keep the bs to a minimum as much as possible.

• Love 3

Did this show lose their hair & makeup crew?  Some of the adults - Jess, Kira and Abby specifically - looked really hard and aged.  Ashlee and Holly looked the same, and Jill didn't look too different (just an ugly personality masked by a hella ton of procedures).  I never thought Kira or Jess were anything beyond average "mom" looking albeit they both need to back away from their suit cases of Mary Kay product. But the make up (?), lighting (?) last night made those two look extra haggy IMO.  They need to get in on Jill's secret for how to slow down the effects of the  decaying of one's soul from showing on the surface.  Jill should get Kendall some early intervention appointments as well.  Jill's sneer of superiority has been inherited by her kid and it is starting to become a permanent look for the girl. 

• Love 3

These two knucklehead clowns are not winning public favor for their own daughters by bullying Brynn... or anyone on the show. Beautiful Brynn, you just keep doing what you do best, ignore these selfish, ugly women and their pathetic lies and accusations, and stay true to yourself. There will never be another Maddie, just like there has never been another Madonna, or Mariah or Miss Janet, so don't feel like you have to be her - fill your own dance shoes full of Beautiful Brynn and your SHINING STAR will be blinding. I'm referring to the JESSter and the JILLted being the knucklehead clowns eaten up with Jealousy. As if no one could guess, lol.

• Love 3

Wow - I came to comment on the Girl's Talk and 1st episode, which I am now watching, and I see I'll have my work cut out for me as I dissect piece by piece.

Girl Talk - I actually liked the host and the way it flowed. Loved the Dad's and it was good to see them and hear what they have to say. Loved their dancing! Nice to see the minis and the new addition - takes me back to the old days when the elites were young. Surprised to hear about a new album and song for Kendall K. Searched and found nothing about it on the net - and Abby mentioned nothing about it when the girls went over what they did in the summer in the episode.

The episode:  Right off the bat - Ashley discussing the social media comments with Kira and Kira saying you are a horrible person - you're trying to fight for your daughter and that's fine but... Ahh - I again watched seasons 2 thru 4 the past couple of weeks - no one has been more horrible than Jill throughout all these years. Then for Jill to sit there and tell Ashley to learn to deal with it. It's one thing to disregard posters who you don't know - it's quite another to read the hatred from women you are actually on the show with - who should grow up? They both are getting a real smack down for their actions on Facebook.

Looking at Jill's personal Facebook acct - she only has like 14,000 followers and she's getting slammed on that. I even had to make a comment when a Jill lover commented that the show was scripted as even tho the show is scripted - carrying this over to social media was wrong. As another poster stated - it not only reflects on them but also their kids. Kendall is a lost cause as she's just like her mom - but Jojo is a sweet kid.

I disagree with Abby that Maddie held these girls together. The girls have won previously without Maddie and I actually find the routines more enjoyable without Maddie front and center. I take nothing away from Maddie's talent - but I'm over it being pushed down our throats. All the girls have done well and had anyone of them been the featured "star" for 5 seasons - the others may be doing the things Maddie is doing now.

The duets - again - Jill is hating on Brynn from the get go - just as she has done to any other dancer that Kendall has to compete against except Maddie and yet she use to criticize Christi when Christi said that Maddie was getting better choreography and more time than Chloe. What a hypocrite - my dislike for her is almost hatred - and I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and step into their shoes - but I can't with Jill - she's just a vile person through and through.

Jess - who I use to like is so rubbing me wrong - becoming one of the mean girls - especially after how they treated Jojo in the past. Mind your own business.

The venue looked so small - like my middle school auditorium. The duets - I wish Will had just performed it as a solo as he's the only one I was watching and Kendall was a distraction moving in front of him. Let's get rid of Kendall and make Will the new member. I loved Brynn's duet and despite the slip = felt she should have scored more than Kendall due to the context alone.

I do feel Holly could have stood up for Ashley - as horrible as many think Ashley is - she's no more awful than Melissa, Christi, or Jill when it comes to promoting their child. Brynn is the next Maddie as far as the show is concerned and will be treated as such. If Jill has a problem with it - she's the one that needs to move on or the show should cut her loose as I can't stand her.

• Love 1

I was also a bit disappointed in Holly for not speaking up in defense of Ashley. She seemed to want to say something, but kept holding back. Not sure if she wants to avoid the wrath of the other moms or what. Hopefully she will eventually speak up if the behavior continues, especially when aimed directly at Brynn. I am very glad that the cameras and mics caught what went down backstage, and that Ashley and Brynn were vindicated. Funny how Jill and Jess were willing to take the word of a woman they'd just met over that of their own girls. Ridiculous.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, dmeets said:

. I am very glad that the cameras and mics caught what went down backstage, and that Ashley and Brynn were vindicated.

The mics and cameras were there because the whole thing was set up.  They just didn't let mothers in on the joke.

I think Brynn is going to be the new Chloe.  She even has the same style of dancing that Chloe had.  Everyone will love her because she's bullied, just like Chloe.

• Love 2

I know this wasn't a real competition but that Kendall/Will duet was laughable.  You don't get to call something a duet just because two dancers are on stage.  There was zero interaction whatsoever.  Also it was a waste of poor Will, who is a great dancer.

Brynn's duet was far from perfect and hello obvious slip, but it was at least a duet and still better performed than the other non duet.

Also I feel bad for Mack.  There was so much talk about Maddie this and Maddie that and what it did or didn't mean for the team. Poor Mack is already a non-entity.

Scripted or not, it's gotten to the point that Jill and Jessalyn are so bad they are basically destroying their own daughters chances at ever having any sort of career.   Not that Kendall was having one anyway.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 3

I'm watching the episode now, not even 20 minutes in and I'm already sick of hearing 'Maddie' name dropped every 38 seconds, criminy!!! (I'm adding the rest to the post as I watch before I submit.)

I've never had much of a problem with Ashlee...I think jill (and jessalyn - never liked her since AUDC)  are far bigger assholes. Kendall too, if I'm being brutally honest and since I am: Kendall just sucks. So boring. So entitled. Jill just can't take it that Kendall will never be the talented favorite. Kendall should always know she's the "underdog" as it's been 5+ years, Jill. 

I feel dreadful for Brynn. I guess my only real problem with Ashlee is that she should remove Brynn from this situation. She can feel everyone wanting her to fail and doesn't understand that in this case it truly is jealousy in this case. Brynn is way too ganged up on by everyone and Abby is grooming her to "be the next Maddie," never a good thing. The kids seem ok with her but I bet it's harder without Mackenzie, who seemed to be a real friend to Brynn.

What the hell is with Muriel, the mom of Brynn's partner saying Brynn is the one who didn't want to perform? Asshole. You'd think Jill would be a little more understand or, at least stfu considering what a cry baby Kendall has been over the years.

Jill is one of the biggest assholes I've ever seen. I've said it before - she's a far worse person than Abby. She also gives Paris Hilton a run for her money in the shallow department.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 5

Jill, Jessalyn, and Kira are all nasty bitches. They're clearly jealous of Brynn, and are threaten by her talent. It's really pissing me off watching Jill and Jess constantly ganging up on that little girl. But to stand outside the room berating and harassing a crying child is sick. Poor Brynn. Appalling behavior on the parts of Jess and Jill. This show would be so much better without these two obnoxious clowns.

Wake up Jill! Kendall will never be a star and is not  a performer. Kendall dancing alongside Will highlighted why she sucks. Hunched shoulders, never points her feet, lack of facial expressions, no energy,no passion. That shitty duet would never place at a real competition. I feel bad for Will, he deserved better because he carried that "duet" and is actually a great dancer.

Yadiel's mom is a two faced lying jackass. Shout out to Nia for sticking up for Brynn and immediately saying something along the lines of "that never happened". I am hoping that once Abby sees the tapes of that scene, she decides never to ask them back again. 

Jessalyn is a real vile woman. Mind your business lady and worry about your kid who was basically non-existent this entire episode. What I find crazy is how much Jill is screaming about Brynn crying when her kid has been notorious for being the crybaby of the team for years. And how many times did Kendall and Jill walk out last season with Jill whining "Let's go Kendall, I'm not putting up with this crap"

Awful episode! Painful to watch.

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 3

Poor Brynn. What a terrible environment for a 12 year old, and Brynn appears to me to be on the young side of 12 as well. Jess and Jill are RELENTLESS. Like Ashlee said, they're desperate to hear only what they want to hear, arguing against the eye-witness reports of their own daugthers because "his mother said it! HIS MOTHER!". They're vile.

How Kendall's duet beat Brynn's I don't know. AWFUL. Is that kid ever going to sparkle even a tiny little bit?! She's just not got it. She's very dull to watch. Her duet partner at least had some personality about him, so presumably he carried them into 3rd place.

There will never be another Maddie. If there is, it's not Brynn. I like her, she seems a lovely dancer, but she's not got the attitude to do it. Watching her at Club Dance is like watching a different kid, she's fantastic obviously because she's comfortable there. And nobody can blame her for being uncomfortable in this environment, but then take her out of it!! She's too good a dancer to be resorted to a nervous wreck like this.

Group dance was average, I'm going to miss Maddie badly I think. Hopefully the minis can bring some fresh life into this show.

Thank goodness there will never be another Maddie.  Each child deserves to be a person in her own right.

Kendall's costume was dreadful.  All I could see watching that dance was her rear end as a swath of black.  It was a really pitiful dance while the other duet was really very good (ignoring the slip). 

Ratings are in: 961K viewers and a .31 rating.

The 8:00 special:  671K viewers and a .24 rating.

• Love 3
On 9/6/2016 at 9:15 PM, Rylee said:

Jill and Jessalynn are ugly people, inside and out.

I came here to say just that. They are really horrid to Brynn. Brynn is not my favorite dancer and her mother has not been my favorite mom, but now I feel sorry for them. All this talk about being a team player from the two who have made it their mission to make Ashlee and Brynn feel left out is nauseating.

Ugh. I fear we will never be rid of Maddie, because everyone on this show gets compared to her even with her gone. Go away, Maddie. Oh wait... You DID. So why are you still here.

On 9/7/2016 at 6:45 PM, spanana said:

I know this wasn't a real competition but that Kendall/Will duet was laughable.  You don't get to call something a duet just because two dancers are on stage.  There was zero interaction whatsoever.  Also it was a waste of poor Will, who is a great dancer.

Brynn's duet was far from perfect and hello obvious slip, but it was at least a duet and still better performed than the other non duet.

Also I feel bad for Mack.  There was so much talk about Maddie this and Maddie that and what it did or didn't mean for the team. Poor Mack is already a non-entity.

Scripted or not, it's gotten to the point that Jill and Jessalyn are so bad they are basically destroying their own daughters chances at ever having any sort of career.   Not that Kendall was having one anyway.

Yeah, I said the same thing. Kendall's duet looked like two people each doing their own thing on the same stage. It was a mess. Brynn's was flawed but still lovely. Especially for inexperienced partners. They actually had to make contact as a couple. 

And word about Kendall's imaginary career. Although I am amazed that Nia is getting any work either. I don't think it's so much about talent as people like to grab Abby's leftovers and use the fact that Nia is obsessed with herself in social media to cash in on the self exposure. Nia is a reality star to me, not a talent.

• Love 1

I actually love Nia. Love her personality. Love the fact that she's down to earth and she's quite the performer.  Kendall on the other hand - I've been rewatching season 2 when she was a part of the Candy Apples and she actually was a better dancer with Cathy's tutelage. 

7 minutes ago, tessat said:

Kendall on the other hand - I've been rewatching season 2 when she was a part of the Candy Apples and she actually was a better dancer with Cathy's tutelage. 

I never saw that, but I vaguely remember Jill trying to re-enter Kendall to Cathy's care when Abby was ignoring Kendall. Jill is a shark. Kendall has only made it this far because of her mother's ferocity.

• Love 1

I used to be impressed by the girls' dancing, now it's just boring and bland. 

Jessalyn forgot so soon what it was like to be the new mom. She was the one getting this anger only a year or so ago (no idea how the seasons and real time work out). And Jill needs to remember she's not an original and was a "Studio hopper" when she joined.

• Love 5

It's twisted and bizarre and maybe even like some kind of cult, how the new people get treated like shit and then go on and do the same to the next new people once they're finally accepted. It's like hazing. 

These people are more emotionally and behaviorally stunted than some of the MTV Teen Moms!

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, shksabelle said:

so, one duet was about robbery, and the other was about stalking/date violence.  And these are 12 and 13 year olds??????????????????????

am I the only one who thinks the themes were more than a little inappropriate??

Abby is copying all of the things Maddie has been doing. The stuff Maddie did for Sia was sick.

• Love 1