Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
MarkHB

The 2016-2017 PTV Official NFL Football Pool!

Thru the magic of technology I was able to play the remaining NFL games via computer and can tell you all that the final score of the Super Bowl will be 27-10.

f18fb55b-c8ec-49a9-a78d-ec5eaee75d6d_1.a049789f2af09106864b3ff6f1a8c368.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scriggle said:

Which teams made it?

It's the two you picked in your pool.

Remember, it's all the magic of technology and computers!!!

Fuck you, Watson.

6 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

It's the two you picked in your pool.

Remember, it's all the magic of technology and computers!!!

Fuck you, Watson.

Now I feel jinxed.

I keep having dreams about the Packers winning games including their matchups in the playoffs. Last week I dreamed they beat the Giants and they ended up doing that. I then had a 2nd dream about them just winning. And I dreamed last night in a 3rd dream about them winning against the Cowboys in Sunday's matchup.  

Both teams had started out slow in my dream and then the Packers went up 31-0 in the first half. Hopefully, that doesn't happen in Sunday's game, lol. Tony was also playing during the first half of that game and Dak came in the second half and tried to get something going for the Cowboys. That part isn't going to happen Sunday and I hope neither does the Green Bay blowing them out/winning part, lol. 

Though it does seem like a lot of people in the media are predicting the Cowboys will win just like it seemed like a lot of people predicted the Giants would win. I hope these people end up being right but I really think this upcoming game could go either way.

Edited by Jx223

Pool Update:

After the Saturday games, @MargeGunderson is still perfect with 8 points, and @BabyVegas is right behind with 7, making the two of them tied for the full-season lead with 172 points.  The game to watch tomorrow is Dallas - Green Bay; Baby V. picked the Cowboys, while Marge picked the Pack.  The person who gets that game correct takes over the lead, except that they both picked the Chiefs in the AFC game, which leaves room for @Chrissytd to sneak in and take the lead if the Steelers and Packers both win.

Since when is driving from San Diego to LA(or vice versa) an easy commute?  It's the hellish "short trip" imaginable.

Playing incredibly bad the Pats still won by 18 points.  So glass half empty,half full.

11 hours ago, caracas1914 said:

Since when is driving from San Diego to LA(or vice versa) an easy commute?  It's the hellish "short trip" imaginable.

Playing incredibly bad the Pats still won by 18 points.  So glass half empty,half full.

Going to San Diego is easier, it's at the bottom of the map.

Going uphill is harder. Unless you flip the map upside down.

If you don't hit traffic on game day, check the date on the tickets?

Here are the current standings after the Divisional games.  Congratulations to @Chrissytd for being our overall leader, and to her and @jennifer6973 for having the most points to date in the playoff bracket.

Playoffs - After Divisional Round
Player          Total
------          -----
jennifer6973      15
Chrissytd         15
MargeGunderson    12
ebk57             11
EllieH            11
merylinkid        10
kissedbyarose     10
kdm07             10
AimingforYoko      9
ElDosEquis         9
CuriousParker      9
Consensus          7
BabyVegas          7
FuriousStyles      7
DrSpaceman73       7
King of Birds      7
scriggle           7
Jx223              7
Morrigan2575       7
mountainair        6
crimsongrl         6
Ownedbydogs        5
Popples            5

YTD
Player          Total
------          -----
Chrissytd        177
MargeGunderson   176
BabyVegas        172
FuriousStyles    171
kissedbyarose    169
DrSpaceman73     168
scriggle         168
Consensus        167
crimsongrl       166
Ownedbydogs      166
kdm07            166
ebk57            165
King of Birds    160
AimingforYoko    158
Jx223            158
merylinkid       157
Morrigan2575     153
EllieH           153
jennifer6973     149
CuriousParker    149
Popples          147
mountainair      146
ElDosEquis       143
Wildcard         140
shoregirl        109
NinjaPenguins     88
anarchyangel84    86
BestestAuntEver   69
kariyaki          54
wingster55        39
topanga           16

Of the surviving teams, 16 of you picked the Patriots to win the AFC Championship, while 5 picked the Steelers.  On the other side, 8 of you picked the Falcons to win the NFC, while 2 of you picked the Packers.

Hey everyone,

As I promised, I've uploaded the Excel workbook I used to run the pool this year; you can find it here.  If any of you want to go back and double-check that I entered your picks correctly, be my guest. :)  There's a tab for each week, I entered your picks by putting a "1" in your column in the row for the team you picked, the green bar at the top of the page is the YTD number.  Enjoy!  There's also a graph at the end showing where everyone stood over the course of the season, but it turned out to be too densely packed to really show much.

• Like 3

There were 6 of you who picked both the Falcons and the Patriots for this weekend, getting 8 points for your efforts.  One of those was @MargeGunderson, who once again holds the lead in playoff points with 20, and also retook the overall lead with 184 points.

10 of you took the Pats to win the Super Bowl, 3 of you took the Falcons.  Since the Falcons were the #2 seed and the Pats were #1, it'll be double points if the Falcons win.  So with that said...

SUPER BOWL SCENARIOS:

@MargeGunderson will win everything if the Patriots win.

@jennifer6973 and @EllieH will share the title for "most points in the playoffs" if the Falcons win.

@BabyVegas will win the overall title for the year if the Falcons win.

Good luck everyone!

On 1/18/2017 at 7:24 PM, MarkHB said:

As I promised, I've uploaded the Excel workbook I used ...

Ha! I think I mentioned this due to the issues with @scriggle during the season, mostly as a joke, but I do appreciate the effort and honesty. MarkHB is no Donald Trump, amiright?

So this all boils down to Marge vs BabyVegas.  Pats fan vs SeaHawks fan. What a dilemma.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2017 at 7:16 PM, King of Birds said:

Ha! I think I mentioned this due to the issues with @scriggle during the season, mostly as a joke, but I do appreciate the effort and honesty.

Hey, there were a LOT of picks to enter correctly (and one time I transposed the W/L for a game).  It also turned out that @scriggle was in the column around where I had to scroll across to use the other end of the spreadsheet for the names, so that was a somewhat precarious perch.  If anyone finds something I messed up, let me know!

Just downloaded. That's some spreadsheet.  I'm mostly perplexed by the consensus and upsets. This must be your own whims, as I didn't much pay attention to what others were doing, and then in one week there is a true split on picks, the consensus number is forever out of balance. That would drive me batty.  BTW - very fun to see the AI (sum winning picks/ sum total picks) - it's amazing to see how terribly we picked early on, and then kicked ass in week 12.  70% of all our picking was winners!  Also- as much as Marge or BabyV may be the winners, major kudos to Chrissytd who out picked both but picked the Steelers to win it all. 

PS- Last Qs- looks like this excel was before the Conference finals? No differences in totals since Divisional week. Also, how many pts does the SB winner get?

Edited by King of Birds

6 hours ago, King of Birds said:

PS- Last Qs- looks like this excel was before the Conference finals? No differences in totals since Divisional week. Also, how many pts does the SB winner get?

Thanks for the kind words, and yes, some of the added stats I invented as I went along. The original is on my desktop and you're right, the uploaded version was done last week and I don't anticipate refreshing it.. I did do the double points, so the Super Bowl winners get 8 points if it's the Pats,  16 for the Falcons.

5 hours ago, King of Birds said:

I'm just curious if @MargeGunderson will make an appearance on The Tonight Show after Belicheck and Edelman's sit-down tonight...

I'm still recovering from the game. It was 3 quarters of yelling obscenities at the screen and 1 quarter of...yelling slightly different obscenities at the screen. It was a glorious night to be a Pats fan.

I attempted to lord my win over my cats. They pointed out that I clean their litter box twice a day, so was I really a winner? I can always count on them to put things into perspective.

Huge thanks to @MarkHB for running the show, and doing it so well and with good humor. It was a lot of fun thanks to the great group that participated, so I hope to see everyone same time next year. 213 days!

• Like 2