Type keyword(s) to search

The Terminator Saga: No Fate But What We Make At The Box Office

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, xaxat said:

But Arnold is coming back as well. 

I have mixed feelings about this news.

Me too.  I'm thrilled about Linda returning but I think the overreliance on Arnold hurts the franchise.  His story ended in T2.  Keeping him involved still is so forced.  It was always Sarah and John's story that was compelling.

• Love 5

I just learned about Linda returning and can't believe it! I never thought it possible, but finally the studios see the light!

3 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

Me too.  I'm thrilled about Linda returning but I think the overreliance on Arnold hurts the franchise.  His story ended in T2.  Keeping him involved still is so forced.  It was always Sarah and John's story that was compelling.

Absolutely. It has always been about Sarah and John. Hopefully Arnie's role is limited.

• Love 1

'Gabriel Luna Is New Terminator'

The search for a new Terminator to take over the first sanctioned Jim Cameron reboot since the original, is over. Director Tim Miller and producer Cameron have tapped Gabriel Luna for the role. Luna is best known for starring as Robbie Reyes/Ghost Rider on the ABC action superhero series Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, as well as the El Rey Network drama series Matador.  On the film side, he starred in the films Freeheld and Transpecos.

Natalia Reyes (Lady, La Vendedora de Rosas) and Diego Boneta (Scream Queens) also have been set to star in the film.

• Love 1

I've said this before but the ideal time to have done Terminator 3 with Arnold, Cameron and Hamilton would have been in 1994/95.  The enthusiasm for this series has long since dried up and the series has been beating the same dead horse since the 2000...end Judgment Day.

• Love 2

I finally watched this recently. I kind of lost interest after they came across Arnie as the terminator who killed John after all, and had him making jokes, and once again sacrificing himself at the end. I wasn't so keen on them saying that it wasn't about John, after all, although I did like Sarah sounding all cynical and knowing when it came to it initially being about saving this woman's womb, so that she would give birth to a great hero.