Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E10: Shock And Roll

• Start Topic

I think 100PercentPain hit on something.  If Megan had gone straight to the hospital, would Vicki have expected her to take a casserole, or, would she have expected Megan to take one over to her house when she got released?  Vicki's complicated.

May I also point out Vicki was released after 9 hours.  I have spent more time that in the ER several times, unfortunately.

• Love 21

I won't read Vicki's blog.  Why couldn't Brianna pick her up from the hospital?

That whole ATV story/scene would be no fun for me.  I wouldn't have wanted to go, either.  Allowing kids and inexperienced adults to drive those vehicles is just irresponsible.  

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I would not have acted any differently than Meghan, in the same situation.  And I was in a (somewhat) similar situation.  There was a woman I worked with for several years who was absolutely horrible & treated everyone around her miserably.  She was in a serious car accident that nearly killed her & she was in the hospital for several months.  A few co-workers (very, very, very few) visited her.  I couldn't.  This woman did so many awful things to me, there was just no way I had any interest in visiting her in the hospital.  Sending a card was an effort, and I thought it was hypocritical, but it was about the most I could muster.  So Meghan & I are terrible people, eh?  Guess so.  Well, at least I know better than to hook up with asshole Jimmy & force him to create a kid he'll never see.  Btw, hey asshole Jimmy, get a pair of jeans that fit!

I think this is a different situation.  Its the emergency aspect of it that bothers me.  I would go because of the relatively close proximity compared to others and someone that cared to get updates called and asked. I do not know what I would have done after I found out that Brianna was "too sick" to go. 

Most of the time, a coworker would never be in this situation.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

This wasn't an etiquette and expectations about visiting a hated coworker in the hospital situation.  This was an emergency situation where she was called because she was a half or third of the distance to the hospital compared to anyone else.  She can hate her coworker but if you are closest you go.  If someone cares enough about the situation to try to prod you to go (which Meghan clearly understood that Heather and Kelly were) you go.   I can't even wrap my head around the idea that she wouldn't.

And lets not bullshit here.  Meghan is not on the list of people who do not tow the Bravo line.  She can invite Vicki to the sushi party.  She can go to Vicki's birthday.  She can't go to the hospital because she has to golf or whatever with Shannon.

But putting all that aside.  Not going to the hospital is probably the stupidest move I've ever seen a housewife make from a show PR perspective.  Here comes the villain edit.  The reunion will not be fun for Meghan.   Shannon has a little more cover for consistency in the Vicki is not my friend and their will be no bygones department.  But this narrative is going to turn on her too.

Idk, I'm not sure about this.  If Vicks was beloved, I'd absolutely agree with you.  But this is the woman who faked cancer of her con artist boyfriend for a year (or more).  Beloved?  By who?  Will Meghan be crucified for being heartless?  Not by me.

Meghan did tow the Bravo line in the past.  I'm just not sure if she's still doing that.  I get the feeling she knows this is her last season -- maybe by her own choice, and is behaving accordingly, by her own will -- rather than being motivated by Bravo's demands on her.  Hey, I don't know if this is the case, but if it is, man, I am soooo diggin' ya now, Meghan, hun!

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 15

Come to think of it, didn't Gretchen not only NOT visit Vicks when she was in the hospital, but she mocked her & accused her of faking whatever reason she had for being in the hospital?  Did Gretchie-poo get any blowback for this?  A little from Vicks -- but pretty much nothing from anyone else.  Look, it's as I said before.  This is what happens to horrible people who are hated.  Oh Bethenny, are ya paying attention to this?

Oh Meghan, well done, hun, well done-

• Love 4

Who's pit bull looking dog was at their camp site?  It seemed to be attached to Eddie most of the time, so I'm assuming it's his.  Nicky debarked from the bus and beelined to the dog.  Maybe Heather will let them get a dog in the new hotel. 

This may sound silly, but excepting allergies and lack of funds, I think it's a shame to deprive children of pets.   Watching a child and their beloved pet is so moving, and it teaches them about the circle of life.  I remember meeting people in college who lose their first family member or friend.  The people who completely fell apart and had a hart time coping were always the ones who hadn't previously lost a pet.  I also think pets help children learn empathy in general, as well as empathy for animals specifically.  I'm sure many will disagree and that's fine.

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Come to think of it, didn't Gretchen not only NOT visit Vicks when she was in the hospital, but she mocked her & accused her of faking whatever reason she had for being in the hospital?  Did Gretchie-poo get any blowback for this?  A little from Vicks -- but pretty much nothing from anyone else.  Look, it's as I said before.  This is what happens to horrible people who are hated.  Oh Bethenny, are ya paying attention to this?

Oh Meghan, well done, hun, well done-

OMG, that's right! The Vickster was supposedly "bleeding out of [her] ass!"

• Love 6

There was a film crew already there to film Meg and Shannon.  I have no doubt that the crew with Tamra, etc. called the other crew to notify them that Heather (?) was going to call Meg about Vicks and production was set to film that.  No surprise to me. 

Vicks wasn't dying or critical.  If the others were so concerned, they could make the journey to the hospital themselves.  Meg didn't 'owe' that to Vicks.  Neither did Shannon just because they were closer (still a 45 minute drive).  Would Vicks do that for them?  I don't think so.

• Love 22
33 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I won't read Vicki's blog.  Why couldn't Brianna pick her up from the hospital?

That whole ATV story/scene would be no fun for me.  I wouldn't have wanted to go, either.  Allowing kids and inexperienced adults to drive those vehicles is just irresponsible.  

Brianna probably did pick Vicki up from the hospital when she was released. But Heather was talking to Meghan about visiting Vicki while she was still in the hospital, which, I honestly felt Meghan could have done. You don't have to be best friends or even friends to swing by the hospital and say a few well wishes to a person.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Good on Heather for keeping calm when she realized she wasn't hurt, told everyone to stay still and keep their helmets on then went and reassured her son she was okay and then returned to accident scene to provide information to the responders in a calm manner.

I agree. Maybe Heather being married to a doctor comes in handy in dire situations such as the one in Glamis. "Principal Dubrow" (I love that nickname Kelly gave her) will never be a favorite of mine because of her self-righteous, "I'm better than you" attitude, but I liked her on this episode.

3 minutes ago, CoffeeTV said:

I just can't with Vicki. She's such a narcissist, attention seeker, and liar; I would have a hard time believing her too. And why would Megan be held accountable for not wanting to drive 45 minutes to an hour one-way to the hospital for a non-friendly acquaintance/co-worker when Vicki's own children can't be bothered for the two-hour drive?

Brianna told Kelly that she wasn't feeling well when they spoke on the phone. Plus, Brianna has two young children and a husband still stuck in Oklahoma. It's not like she can just pick up and go at any given moment. I guess Michael could have come, though.

• Love 4

When Vicki ran up that hill, was that Heather's son who asked if she was drunk? If so, he is hilarious. LoL.

Just now, Jextella said:

Since the accident was filmed awhile ago, does anyone know the extent of the injuries?

I just watched and honestly, they're all lucky they didn't get their necks broken.  

I think Vicki and Tamra were released from the hospital after a couple of days, so their injuries must have only been minor. That accident did, indeed, look frightening. I was a little annoyed that the camera crew kept filming rather than making sure everyone was okay. 

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I think the cameras were at Meghan's for filming her/Jim/Shannon/David already and the call happened organically.

This is why I have always like Heather. She isn't perfect, she can be an ass and makes some big mistakes but she apologizes for them and never repeats whatever the bad behavior was. And she never, ever, allows herself to be pulled into the mud pit with the others.

Where was Michael? Why couldn't her go to the hospital if Briana was too sick to dive there? He should have brought his mother, who is his boss, home!

Good point.  Sometimes it's almost as if everyone forgets about Michael.  Why couldn't he go and pick her up?  Granted, it's a little farther to drive to Palm Springs from San Diego, but it's not like he would be driving for days.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Since the accident was filmed awhile ago, does anyone know the extent of the injuries?

I just watched and honestly, they're all lucky they didn't get their necks broken.  

Vicki seems fine from her blog.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, CoffeeTV said:

I just can't with Vicki. She's such a narcissist, attention seeker, and liar; I would have a hard time believing her too. And why would Megan be held accountable for not wanting to drive 45 minutes to an hour one-way to the hospital for a non-friendly acquaintance/co-worker when Vicki's own children can't be bothered for the two-hour drive?

I would agree with you there, but Meghan just went to see Vicki for her birthday at the Merv Griffin house, and even brought her birthday gifts (regrettably, not a casserole).

Meghan can't have it both ways ~~ she can't show up with gifts for Vicki, just so she could show off her non-existent baby bump and then declare that she is no friend of Vicki's.

• Love 13

Brianna told Kelly that she wasn't feeling well when they spoke on the phone. Plus, Brianna has two young children and a husband still stuck in Oklahoma. It's not like she can just pick up and go at any given moment. I guess Michael could have come, though.

I thought about that during my previous post, but didn't type it out. I feel that if you returned to the place you grew up and lived in for 25+ years, you should have a support system in-place. That includes baby-sitters, friends, and neighbors in times of crisis. If you don't, that speaks poorly of you IMO.

• Love 6

When Vicki ran up that hill, was that Heather's son who asked if she was drunk? If so, he is hilarious. LoL.

It was! I cracked up at his comment about Vicki.

I see both sides of Meghan not visiting Vicki issue. On one hand they really are not friends, though they seem to be in somewhat of a cordial relationship at this point. On the other hand it was an emergency situation she is sort of close by and they are co-workers. She could just sit with Vicki until, maybe someone else showed up. Though I would not want to be around hospital Vicki either. I personally would have gone, because I would feel guilty not and I would feel bad if Vicki did not have anyone else. I would definitely go if I was being filmed though. So I see both Meghan's and Heather's side. 

I have always liked Heather. She did end up embracing the sort of camping that they were doing. She also, seemed to like the ATV ride before the crash happened. I would want her around in a crisis as well. She does keep a level head in these situations.

Yup, I still cannot stand Kelly.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I was a little annoyed that the camera crew kept filming rather than making sure everyone was okay. 

I'm not surprised. I remember on a season of Survivor someone fell into a fire and severely burned their hands. Mark Burnett, the creator, said he would've fired any camera person who stopped filming and gone and helped.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, BloggerAloud said:

I'm not surprised. I remember on a season of Survivor someone fell into a fire and severely burned their hands. Mark Burnett, the creator, said he would've fired any camera person who stopped filming and gone and helped.

What a tool.

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, CoffeeTV said:

I thought about that during my previous post, but didn't type it out. I feel that if you returned to the place you grew up and lived in for 25+ years, you should have a support system in-place. That includes baby-sitters, friends, and neighbors in times of crisis. If you don't, that speaks poorly of you IMO.

It can be hard to find baby sitters at the last minute, which Brianna would have had to do if she drove up to Glamis. Plus, Troy and Owen are very young. They were quite a handful when Brianna and Vicki drove all the way from Okalahoma to the O.C.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I think Vicki and Tamra were released from the hospital after a couple of days, so their injuries must have only been minor. That accident did, indeed, look frightening. I was a little annoyed that the camera crew kept filming rather than making sure everyone was okay. 

Tamra was released first, after a couple of hours, Vicki was in for 9 hours then released. Neither had to stay overnight.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

Tamra was released first, after a couple of hours, Vicki was in for 9 hours then released. Neither had to stay overnight.

Oh, really? I would have thought that the doctors would have kept both of them at least overnight for observation. They must have just had some bumps and scraps. I think Heather and Kelly also should have gone to the hospital just to make sure they were really fine. Sometimes, symptoms of a car crash don't manifest until later on.

• Love 2

Didn't Brianna mention she wasn't feeling well in the phone call? Or something? 

I feel of two minds about this "Visiting Vicki in the Hospital" business. I mean, I kind of think Meghan should have gone, as it would've been a nice gesture... but then, I also think that she shouldn't have been *badgered* about going. It's not like Vicki is Meghan's ailing grandma on her dying bed... and yet, she *was* still a distance away at that hospital... so why didn't Meghan text or FaceTime her? (Maybe she did, I dunno.)

I DO know that Vicki is going to milk this forever. I will not make light of the accident--it was extremely serious--yet I'm sure V recognized this as her Casserole Moment.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I would agree with you there, but Meghan just went to see Vicki for her birthday at the Merv Griffin house, and even brought her birthday gifts (regrettably, not a casserole).

Meghan can't have it both ways ~~ she can't show up with gifts for Vicki, just so she could show off her non-existent baby bump and then declare that she is no friend of Vicki's.

This. If you are friends or even just co-workers with someone but know them well enough to go to their home (or vacation rental), bring them a birthday gift, and hang out at their pool, you know them well enough to go to the hospital if there is no one else there and you are the one who can get there most quickly. 

• Love 15

When it happened I'm sure Vicki was terrified.  I've been in a car that flipped, so I could understand their fear.  Both Heather and Kelly stayed calm immediately after the accident.  Heather did the smart thing of assessing herself before helping others (just like the flight attendants tell you!).  Kelly immediately focused on Vicki.  Of course Vicki was heaving in  her lap so it was understandable.

The tiny bit of the call we heard with Briana was odd.  Kelly didn't make it very clear that Vicki was being airlifted and they weren't sure if she was okay.  Then again, growing up with Vicki I'm sure Briana heard "Wolf!" more times than we can imagine. 

I am iffy on Meghan going to the hospital.  If Jimmy hadn't said "no", she might have gone, if only for screen time.  She missed out on the big event of the season.   

• Love 4

I don't go see people I have no respect for either when they are sick. I am sure I should be I don't. Vickie is a nasty woman and she is lucky Heather was around to be calm in a crisis. I mean had this been Vicki she would have been screaming and crying like a stuck pig. Why should  Meaghan waste her time going to see someone who has been so hateful to her? Vicki is not her friend and she knows this !

• Love 18

If Heather was so worried why not have her driver take her luxury RV to go pick Vicki up?  Or Michael and Kelly?  This is a whole lot of nonsense.  There were plenty of cars and vehicles available (I am thinking production), and Vicki chose to take a car service home. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

I thought I heard Kelly say the toilet was clogged after she puked in it.  The driver should've pulled the RV over for her...

She said it wouldn't flush.  But I think maybe she didn't know how to flush it--RV toilets are different from household toilets.  And when she was running back there, she said, "Where is the bathroom?" so I think she hadn't been shown how to use it. 

I still don't know why they wouldn't let Nick use it.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Had Meghan gone to the hospital, she would have been sitting around in an empty ER room or waiting room because Vicki had X rays/MRI/CT scan. Also, why expect the newly pregnant woman to go sit in a hospital ER waiting room with people that may be sick with something contagious she could catch?

I doubt that the hospital would have allowed them to film and I am sure a producer went to the hospital, I really doubt Vicki was "all alone".

I too doubt she was absolutely alone.  Never suggested she was.  She would probably feel better with family there.  Meghan doesn't exactly count as family.  She's a coworker that barely tolerates the Vickster.  It's all the oddly created drama amongst this forced together group of women who enhance their relationships for the camera. 

• Love 2

Tamra's mother sat around drinking champagne and beer with Kelly when Tamra was in a local hospital but Megan is a bitch for not going? A non family member probably wouldn't even be able to get into see Vicki for longer than a few minutes during her nine hour stay.a book and hangout at a pool would not make me feel obligated or even appropriate to go the hospital.

I loved that Heather managed to bitch that the RV wasn't Tom Cruise level of fancy.

I did think this ep illustrated that Jim just has a very neutral affect when he declared that he hated the Beadors and in the same tone indicated he was delighted.

• Love 23
8 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

She said it wouldn't flush.  But I think maybe she didn't know how to flush it--RV toilets are different from household toilets.  And when she was running back there, she said, "Where is the bathroom?" so I think she hadn't been shown how to use it. 

I still don't know why they wouldn't let Nick use it.

Maybe Nick didn't want to go in it because it smelled like vomit?

• Love 12
1 minute ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Maybe Nick didn't want to go in it because it smelled like vomit?

I doubt she threw up only in the toilet, after all, she had trouble standing/walking back to the bathroom in the moving RV in the first place and I doubt Kelly cleaned up any mess she left behind. LOL

• Love 8
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

Sure she can. Interacting with Vicki constitutes a contractual obligation that Meghan must fulfill as part of her occupation. Plenty of people put a smile on their face everyday and muster the cordiality and elementary etiquette to approach problematic and even hostile work environments and coworkers professionally.

Whether Meghan is able to exercise some foundational self-control in terms of comporting herself like an adult, Vicki is still the woman who collaborated with Brooks while LeeAnn was succumbing to the very malady that they were feigning and the adversary who publicly lobbied for Meghan's dismissal from her job.

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

I think they are all okay. . . .until it is time to renew their contracts.  Who knows how severe the injuries will be then.

• Love 10
46 minutes ago, BloggerAloud said:

I don't know why people are continually surprised that production doesn't intervene. They have never intervened. They didnt intervene with any of the Beverly Hills fights. The didn't intervene when Adrianna punched Joanna on Miami. They've never intervened on New Jersey, which has had a number of brawls. They didn't intervene on Dallas. They've only intervened on Atlanta during the pillow talk fight because the hotel was very close to throwing them out and because production and the women have agreed that Porsha is dangerous. This just how reality tv works. Bunim Murray have filmed at least one rape. I'm sure they wouldn't have any qualms about filming a death.

15 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

This. If you are friends or even just co-workers with someone but know them well enough to go to their home (or vacation rental), bring them a birthday gift, and hang out at their pool, you know them well enough to go to the hospital if there is no one else there and you are the one who can get there most quickly. 

I would go because Vicki is a hysterical malingering narcissist. Vicki is going to be talking about this shit forever. It's better not to give her any ammunition. You go, spend 90 minutes with her, and when she gets home send some flowers and a card. You can never let Vicki gain legitimate sympathy. Even if you can't get in to see her, Shannon and Megan should go to the hospital with a camera crew. The camera films them walking into the hospital and walking out. They talk on camera that the hospital wouldn't let them see her or whatever. They call Heather on camera and talk about how they tried visit, but the hospital wouldn't tell them what her room number was or whatever. Vicki is incredibly manipulative so you can never give her the opportunity to control the narrative.

This is a woman when she learned that her mother had died began crying to her sibling about how she was alone in the world and that there is no one left who loves her. That she said all of that to her brother who actually discovered their mother dead is appalling. That the brother concludes the call trying to console Vicki is beyond the pale.

• Love 8

If it was me, I would have gone and my husband would have driven me, end of story.  What bugs me about Meghan and Jim is not that they didn't go, they clearly didn't give a shit whether Vicki was hurt or not.  Jim looked positively hostile and pissed off at the mere thought that he would have to go.  There's something wrong with that guy.  He projects barely suppressed rage most of the time imo.  Both of them are self involved and cold. 

The whole jeep rollover accident freaked me out.  It could have easily been a horrible tragedy, thankfully it wasn't, but it was upsetting for me I can only imagine how upsetting it was for the women in the jeep.  I wonder if Tamra is on steroids or something.  Driving that fast on treacherous terrain is some seriously bad judgement.

• Love 8

What actually caused that to roll?  Was Tams driving too fast?  I know nothing about this stuff, but if she had no experience driving on the dunes, wasn't it really dangerous?  Idk, I was terrified watching Nicky driving that thing.  How old is he?  12?  

So Heather pretty much pushed Vicks outta the way to get to that front seat, didn't she?  What if Heather had been the one sitting back there?  Hmmmm.

The big question is -- were those lovely Bravo producers really itching for someone to be seriously hurt -- or dead?

Hey, I liked Shannon's I-don't-wanna-get-near-sand excuse for not going to this place I've never heard of.  Ha!  Good one, Shannon!  Oh, we know she just didn't wanna be stuck hanging with the cancer scammer & her trashbag sidekick.  I wouldn't either.  I'll have to remember that excuse next time I get an invite to a beach party with people I don't wanna hang with.  Hasn't happened yet, but I'll file this one away for future use, so thanks Shannon. 

• Love 6

I don't think that Tamra was impaired by steroids or anything else. I think it's just one of those situations where she probably had never seen an accident at Glamis and was overconfident about her skills.

I was going to a conference in Philadelphia with a friend. The weather wasn't great (and in hindsight I'm not sure why I didn't take the train) so I went with my friend who was driving. She grew up in Buffalo. I assumed she would have no problems driving on snowy roads. We weren't even out of the city when she lost control of car. We spun out across 4 lanes on the highway and then rolled down an embankment. When the car finally stopped, we were upside down at the bottom of a ravine. I had a spun around in my seatbelt. I wound up facing my seat. She ended up getting a ticket. She wanted to provide testimony that she wasn't driving unsafely. I just think my former friend and Tamra were unbelievably over confident in their skills.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, 100PercentPain said:

Vicki seriously used the accident to try to sell insurance in her blog. I just... The fact that a person like Vicki even exists amazes me in new ways every single week. 

She also mentioned that September is "life insurance awareness month". Uh. 

And the biggest chunk of her blog was dedicated to how mean Meghan was for not coming to see her and how sorry for her we all need to feel because she had to ride home in hospital socks. Without casseroles. 

Wait, what??????  OH.  MY.  GOD!!!!!  Could the cancer scammer sink any lower?  Yeah, I'm sure she could cuz that's who she is.  Vile Vicks strikes again.

I'm expecting her any second now to show up on WWHL with a neck brace & hawking insurance.

• Love 10