Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E02: Comeback Girls

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I'm wondering why Jinelle couldn't go back to Australia BEFORE auditions?

She probably wanted to focus on preparing for auditions, and maybe other commitments kept her in the US. Also, she might not have wanted/needed to go get her Visa again in the unlikely event she got cut.

• Love 5

I'm going to have to watch the episode a few more times before I have coherent thoughtful comments but just briefly....

Madeline looked great.

Loved Kelsey's redemption story.

My heart absolutely broke for Caila

Kat's dress wasn't really interview appropriate but hardly worthy of that tongue lashing. Was glad to see Kelli reference that later. But at the end of the day while it was a contributing factor I think her lack of dance growth didn't help her.

Tasha's face didn't look as harsh as last week (makeup looked more soft to me) but didn't love her solo. AT ALL

Enjoyed seeing the vets learn the dance and I like seeing Jinelle talk about her visa.

Like Yuko and Amy MUCH more this episode than last. Still think Yuko's language barrier might doom her in the end.

Loved the way Kristi Scales fought for Amy (and Caila)

Sad Royesha and Kylee didn't get a shot at training camp but I get why.

7 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I'm wondering why Jinelle couldn't go back to Australia BEFORE auditions?

I think the DCC year ends right about the time auditions are getting ready to start so I think it's highly likely this was the only time she could do it. But don't quote me. LOL

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 10

As for Jinelle, now we know she was also shooting the Kip Moore video around then. Plus, it's likely she couldn't just drop in at a certain time -- it needs to be scheduled in a certain window. And they may not have renewed it without proof of employment moving forward anyway.

I know Jenn K is the unofficial spokeswoman. I know CMT feeds them lines, and I know they regurgitate the same DCC talking points. And I know people love her. But she seriously just sounds like such an insincere know it all every single time production puts her in that position. 

Calia really did look puffy -- no argument here.

I need to know more about Kat and that dress. I mean, no I would not wear a dress with cut outs to an interview, but I wouldn't wear Jenn K's hand me down from Holly leather dress either. They always are dressed more coktail-y than business attire. Hell, she might have borrowed that dress from a vet!

• Love 5

There were girls that I voted for in the fan vote that didn't make it to training camp.  While I was disappointed at the time, I now see exactly why they didnt make it.  No quibbling - the judges were right.

That being said, I didn't find Tasha that great of a dancer nor am I seeing anything special in Yuko.  And while I'm always impressed with people learning a new language, she is still not there with her communication skills.

Caila and Kat. Yep.  Needed to be cut for reasons speculated earlier and shown on the episode.

Please God ... I never want to see that hair dresser again. He's terrifying.

ETA: yeah, Jen does always come off as insufferable.  It is what always keeps me from liking her.

Edited by ChlcGirl
  • Love 7

Still dislike Yuko.  Nothing seen impressed me at all and I think she has the body of a 12 year old, and can't see how she could fill out the uniform any better than others who have been cut for being too thin.

i really wasn't impressed w/ what they showed of Madeline's dancing either - like they were showing stuff in slow mo that was supposed to be impressive, and I could see about 2-3 glaring corrections in everything she did.  Lots of tricks, yes, but her technique certianly isn't top notch - and she has a slightly sickled foot which is forgiveable on a new dancer, but not someone who grew up in a dance studio - I wonder if her moms studio is any good?  All that said, her look has really improved and she's certainly better than some of the others who've been good enough to make it, so I see can why they took her.

Kelsey looked so gorgeous - like wow!   I guess the expectations were low for her interview cause it's certainly not rocket science to know what a linebacker does, and that judge acted like she just recited the periodic table in order of by atomic mass, but still glad she did well.  Neil McCoy was so cute in his little talking head where he said "I think this will be Kelsey's  year" - love him on the panel!

I actually really liked Auto Amy in this episode. Happy she got her moment.

I was surprised Emily Rosslyn got so little screen time, but she sure was looking gorgeous any time they showed her face (her kicks certainly weren't the best though).

Felt bad for Kat when that judge ripped her apart about her dress - like geesh - it wasn't THAT bad that she needed to be called out for it, just mark off some points and talk about it later, but no need to scold her like she's in a Catholic School and broke the dress code.  I too was glad Kelli brought up that that could have been why she was off during her interview.

Liked Milan, but dang all these girls w/ these paneled dance rooms that look like they are in mansions - she's like the 5th girl shown dancing in a room like that during her back story!   I'm starting to wonder if it's just a set/stage area that they use to film in.

Kitty scenes were hilarious as always - did you hear me say I HATE your costume, HATE! (or whatever it was) - lol!

I think Judy and I are on the some wavelength when it comes to judging dance technique   I just agreed w/ her a lot even when the whole room of judges didnt ;).

Canadace romo - please stop w/ the Botox!

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

I know Jenn K is the unofficial spokeswoman. I know CMT feeds them lines, and I know they regurgitate the same DCC talking points. And I know people love her. But she seriously just sounds like such an insincere know it all every single time production puts her in that position. 

I've always liked Jen but something looked different about her tonight. Don't know what it was.

So glad Amy made it.

• Love 1

Kat's dress was inappropriate, but the "she's disinterested" stuff just made me roll my eyes. She probably zoned out to keep herself from crying at being chewed out in front of everyone. With that said, she did not look great on the field, so I get why she was cut, but I just hate the character/motivation type arguments unless someone clearly just doesn't care. I didn't see that in Kat.

Caila clearly gained weight and came off like an idiot during her interview. They showed Jenna crying at the end, but I don't remember them even mentioning her at the end. 

Good to see Kelsey make it to training camp, but I think the bar was so low for her that if she managed to answer a basic question, she was going to come off well. Also glad that Amy made it. 

Agree with some comments above that Jennifer K. is annoying with her scripted speeches. 

I did like Yuko more during this episode than the first one. 

• Love 4

So far, I like the quick solos at Kitty's studio.  It was definitely nice to see almost everyone, and it made Kitty look more tame.

Seeing the vets learn the choreography this year was a great added bonus.  I still think they were gunning for Kat. 

Yuko is just ok & I think Kelli knows she needs to make the team.

Megan looks to me a little heavy.  

Love Madeline again.  

• Love 1

Kelsey's panel interview was AMAZING. I loved how she nailed it and how everyone was cheering her on. Hunter came off as a total moron- pick up a book girl. Caila. Omg. I just cannot. 

I didnt think Kat's dress was that bad. Not the best choice, but I think Brenda the Judge overreacted. 

• Love 6

Loved seeing the side-by-side choreography comparisons.

Definitely agreed with both the Caila and Kat decisions. Kat more for her dancing than her dress. The one part shown of Caila's interview was pretty terrible, and you could definitely see the weight change everywhere. Still a gorgeous, talented girl, though!

Still not a fan of Tasha's look.

Still absolutely loving Madeline. So happy to see the judges' reactions to seeing her back! And Kitty's!

Also becoming a fan of Kelsey. Her face just glows!

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Kat's dress was inappropriate, but the "she's disinterested" stuff just made me roll my eyes. She probably zoned out to keep herself from crying at being chewed out in front of everyone. With that said, she did not look great on the field, so I get why she was cut, but I just hate the character/motivation type arguments unless someone clearly just doesn't care. I didn't see that in Kat.

Caila clearly gained weight and came off like an idiot during her interview. They showed Jenna crying at the end, but I don't remember them even mentioning her at the end. 

Good to see Kelsey make it to training camp, but I think the bar was so low for her that if she managed to answer a basic question, she was going to come off well. Also glad that Amy made it. 

Agree with some comments above that Jennifer K. is annoying with her scripted speeches. 

I did like Yuko more during this episode than the first one. 

Jenna crying ??  I thought the only vets cut were Caila and Kat.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Good to see Kelsey make it to training camp, but I think the bar was so low for her that if she managed to answer a basic question, she was going to come off well.  

Going to agree to disagree on the bar being low for Kelsey. I don't think the linebacker question was basic and Kristi referenced her test scores during deliberations. I think she proved herself this year.

If it were up to me "Break a Sweat" would be retired for the rest of the season. How many times have we heard it now? Yeesh.

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Kelsey's panel interview was AMAZING. I loved how she nailed it and how everyone was cheering her on. Hunter came off as a total moron- pick up a book girl. Caila. Omg. I just cannot. 

I didnt think Kat's dress was that bad. Not the best choice, but I think Brenda the Judge overreacted. 

Have to ask, what in the world is going in with Brenda (is that her name?) the judges hair? Not flattering. And the hair bun guy sitting right there. 

Edited by Laurawithcats
Wording
  • Love 1

Caila looked like she's not only gained weight, but lost most of her muscle tone. I'm in my mid 30s, have two babies, and my triceps are more toned. However, she took responsibility and said she was disappointed in herself. 

@ShellyB Do you know why Jenna Allison wasn't taken into TC? 

• Love 1

So many spot on observations already made! May I add a few?

1. Did anyone notice Charlotte say Dallas COWBOY Cheerleaders at one point? I gasped. Wasn't she the one that asked Jordan Baum one year if it was singular or plural and pointed out it was plural?

2. Very cool to see the vets practicing the routine! Kudos to whomever put that in. Nice to see Kashara's reflections on her rookie year.

3. Marshall (aka Man Bun) finally got some words in about Milan's lackluster hair. But the editors seem to like repeating his crazy eyes stare shots.

4. I agree with MyFavShows on the wood paneling practice nooks. What is up with that? But it's got to be better than dancing in a parking space like they made poor Kylee do during her spot last week.

5. Candace Romo totaly cracked me up. Please keep her around the rest of the show! Let Melissa R. stay on maternity leave.

6. After what I'd heard earlier about Kat's dress, I was expecting it to be streetwalker material. When you consider how tiny the actual uniform is, a few cutouts in a dress seem tame to me. It was her dancing, though, that sealed her fate. Didn't someone else say she was late to her interview?

7. Was Hunter the one who hadn't read a book or knew any classic authors? OUCH!

8. Is a deodorant company a big show sponsor this year? All the "Break a Sweat" stuff makes me think so! ?

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 6

I actually think Jay's question about the wall was borderline inappropriate. Asking what they think about the wall. Can we just leave political opinions out of this? Caila bombed because I don't think she had a clue what he was talking about, but I detest making interviews political. 

Kat looked terrible. Too skinny, too tan, bad makeup. 

• Love 10

WOW this was the best episode ever, in my opinion.  The producers did lots of things we asked for!  Showed so much of the vets, and even put their names with them dancing.  It was great hearing Holly A and Jacie talk... That was the most we've heard them speak out of all the previous seasons combined.  I thought they spent a good amount of time on the solos too, they showed so many people.  We actually saw Kelli relaxed and genuinely laughing during deliberations. Charlotte seemed pleasant the whole episode as well.  Loved Kristi Scales backing Auto Amy, that was sweet of her.  I still don't understand why they didn't take Kylee?  She's so DCC perfect...  they're crazy! 

• Love 16

I really liked Kat's dress and wouldn't have thought it was inappropriate. I guess it is a job interview, but consider your audience. 

Loved seeing the side by side videos of all the vets dancing! I hope they continue to do that with everyone throughout TC.  

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I actually think Jay's question about the wall was borderline inappropriate. Asking what they think about the wall. Can we just leave political opinions out of this? Caila bombed because I don't think she had a clue what he was talking about, but I detest making interviews political. 

Kat looked terrible. Too skinny, too tan, bad makeup. 

I agree with this. Political questions phrased in a way to determine your political leanings should be taboo. The ladies absolutely should know who's currently in office and who's running for president in an election year, but lay off "what do you think about" someone's platform. They should not have to worry about getting selected as a cheerleader based on their political preference. 

I thought Kat's dress was adorable and looked great on her. I agree that cutouts are inappropriate for business functions, but I thought the way she was spoken to was particularly nasty. But the little they showed of her dancing confirmed that she looked weak next to the rest of her group. I love Madeline's new look and I thought Auto Amy looked great and handled herself well. I don't get the Yuko love at this point.  It's sure nice to have a new episode to watch instead of the same 3 or 4 seasons over and over again on CMT. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

As for Jinelle, now we know she was also shooting the Kip Moore video around then. Plus, it's likely she couldn't just drop in at a certain time -- it needs to be scheduled in a certain window. And they may not have renewed it without proof of employment moving forward anyway.

Calia really did look puffy -- no argument here.

I need to know more about Kat and that dress. I mean, no I would not wear a dress with cut outs to an interview, but I wouldn't wear Jenn K's hand me down from Holly leather dress either. They always are dressed more coktail-y than business attire. Hell, she might have borrowed that dress from a vet!

Auditions are in May, and the Kip Moore video was released around Christmas or early 2016.

First time commenting! So excited the show is back!

Kitty seems nicer this season or maybe she just had less to critique. Either way she's still hilarious.

Love Madeline, Auto Amy, Yuko, and 50-yard Kelsey. LOL. 

I agreed with the feedback around Kat's dress. Football field: Skimpy uniform. Professional Interview/Appearance: Appropriate dress. I didn't think the critique was harsh at all. She just didn't look put together well. 

I felt bad for Calia when she talked about wanting to make it back. She just looked heavier and didnt perform well from what I saw. She should also brush up on current events even if it's the (dreaded) political issues.

Kashara's southern drawl is annoyingly cute. I can't help but like her. LOL

I don't care for Emily. The eyes just are too distracting and her kicks were low. 

I couldn't believe when Charlotte said "Dallas Cowboy." That's a personal pet peeve of mine. 

Candace Romo is one of my fave judges ever on the show. Love her personality. Please don't bring back Rycroft. She's like watching molassess run down a hill on a Texas summer day. (Boring and painful.)

I love vets Holly P, Robin, Lacey, and Jenna! They're so fun to watch. Holly P is up there as one of my fave DCC's of all time because she's so darn talented. I think for Jinelle she probably had to take proof of her "job extension" with the DCC as part of her visa renewal. I'll ask my Dad what the process is since he works as a senior executive officer at a foreign embassy in DC, and he deals with that stuff all the time. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, WichitaStateShock said:

I think Kelli really wanted Kat to make it bad. She was trying hard to convince them that Kat's interview was atypical of her. 

I didn't get that sense at all. It came off more like she thought the bitchy judge Brenda (with a rough/dated look) attacked her unfairly. 

The dress was cute and in style. Ultimately, Kat didn't earn her spot, and the weird aggressive attack from the obscure sourpuss judge Brenda probably didn't help.

Edited by GingerJ
To be more clear about bitchy judge
1 hour ago, Laurawithcats said:

Have to ask, what in the world is going in with Brenda (is that her name?) the judges hair? Not flattering. And the hair bun guy sitting right there. 

She's tacky and hateful every year, and very negative.  I just googled her and realized she's divorced. Her ex, a Dallas atty, has a seriously sleazy reputation. And Brenda hasn't had any importance in over a decade- nobody even knows who she is. I wish ALL the judges had relevance or an actual connection to the team, or included fans or dance professionals. 

I adore Candace Romo as a judge- she's seriously awesome and doesn't appear one bit fake or self-important (cough Brenda) Sure sucks for everyone that Tony Romo has a potentially career-ending injury. Even if he comes back, he's done. Too bad, bc his adorable wife could be one of the Cowboys Organization's greatest assets #teamromo 

12 minutes ago, Dalgal27 said:

LOLOLOL Brenda Teele. She used to be a news anchor here in Dallas for our local ABC affiliate. I have no clue what she does now. 

I think she left that job in 2000. I just don't get how such obscur hangers on keep a judges spot year after year. Either that woman has some MAJOR dirt on Charlotte, or the "elite" status of the judging panel is a sham. Which is a shame, as it discredits really interesting judges.

Bye Brenda, Bye Melissa. Bye Felicia. #wewantworldclassjudges

7 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Sounds like a good episode tonight. Now some of us will patiently wait to be able to download it on I-tunes.

Omg iTunes loaded it faster than they have in all of history! I hope they stay on top of it all season! I've just downloaded and can't wait to watch!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

No, we can't.  A DCC may have to speak to the President, after all! :)

5 hours ago, Stinkerbell said:

I really liked Kat's dress and wouldn't have thought it was inappropriate. I guess it is a job interview, but consider your audience.

Exactly.  For example, what an accountant or lawyer would wear to a job interview isn't the same as what someone in the fashion industry would wear.

• Love 6

Well-played whatever frenemy convinced Kat to get bangs right before auditions.

Years ago I worked with a girl I couldn't stand and she asked me if I thought she should get bangs? Absolutely! I said, even offered to cut them myself. 

• Love 7

To the person who was discussing Dallas Cowboys vs Cowboy, yes it was Charlotte asking Jordan Baum that question.

Felt that Jennifer was well spoken but that talking head at the end of the show about how they don't have any idea etc sounded like she was "hangry" and seemed sort of out of character.

Was surprised that they did not show the practicing of the combination but just the solos.

They appeared to show those selected for training camp in order except we have 5 to go and then boom they were calling the last person.  What happened to 4,3,2?

I don't know that I saw it on this episode but I think it was the first one that when Kelli held up the paper with the photo on of a girl and in the right corner it said CMT so perhaps they preselected them.

Did we really see Jenna A. at all on the jumbotron or whatever it was called?  No sort of mention of her at the end

Liked the show and saw reasons for them not to select those that I had previously liked

SO glad this show is back! I loved the scenes with the vets, but didn't catch one glimpse of Danielle? She's still there, right? And I liked Kashara talking about her wearing the wrong uniform to the first practice last year! But then they didn't show her again? Did she make training camp? I'm very happy for Auto Amy and Yuko.

• Love 1

Kashara looks AMAZING! What a noticeable weight loss.  Lacey, wow, the 2 seconds I saw last night makes me want to see more. I was shocked at the kinder, gentler version of Miss Kitty but I liked it.  

Please CMT put up longer versions of their final auditions. 

• Love 5

I have just watched it a second time and noticed Auto Amy was showing cutouts on the back as was someone at the very beginning where we only saw her from the back wearing white with crossing straps and lots of skin.

It did seem that Charlotte, Judy, and Kelli were more sedate in their comments while the girls were performing. 

Thought that Kelsey's makeup seemed to pool in her wrinkles making her look older.

I really thought Kat's treatment by Brenda was distasteful. Why not just come out and say that you think her dress is inappropriate instead of asking her a question to trap her?  I thought that was really mean.  Clearly Kat didn't know she was walking into a trap when she was asked how she would dress for a kindergarten visit. And while sure, a dress with side cutouts might be inappropriate for a regular job interview, this is the DCC.  None of the women were in suits, they were all in dresses, and they are auditioning for a job in which they regularly appear in super short hot pants and stomach-bearing outfits with their boobs purposefully pushed up.  So it felt kind of hypocritical to slut-shame Kat for that dress when she routinely wears way less on the job.  That dress wasn't super-revealing, and when she was sitting, you couldn't even see the cut-outs.  Also, were Kat to appear at a kindergarten, there may be children there who have been to a game and (gasp) seen Kat in her skimpy uniform. 

There's just something weird about being puritanical about a dress that wasn't super revealing, from an organization who dresses their cheerleaders the way they do. I highly doubt Kat would be inappropriate with kids if she did an appearance with them.  I felt absolutely terrible for her to be called out the way she was - no wonder she shut down for the rest of the interview. I would have too.

If her dress was truly not appropriate, there are less cruel ways of telling her that.

I know Kitty has a reputation for being direct/mean. And I know Kelli and Judy are strict and have critical eyes. This just felt cruel, and then to say Kat was disinterested in the interview? I'm sure she was mortified and trying not to cry.   I was glad Kelli spoke up about it. I really hope the dress wasn't why she was cut, or for her "disinterest," when clearly being a DCC was something she loved being.  If her dancing was not up to par, that is one thing, but the show made it look like the dress and interview was why she was cut. Brenda's setting her up like that really put a bad taste in my mouth.

• Love 18

I just watched the whole thing and I loveeee Mandy and Maggie. I also loved how so many rookies ran up to immediately hug Holly. So cute, she must have been rooting for them. The hug between Heather H and Holly was adorbs. I'm such a Heather H and O fangirl this season. Jinelle is just wow, I can't even say words for how amazing she is. I hated her look when she first tried out and now I love her.

Thoughts on Kat's dress: totally inappropriate for an interview. She's 30 she should know better that cut outs are never appropriate. 

LOVEEEE CANDACE KEEP HER PLEASE.

Edited by heatherrrrz