Type keyword(s) to search

Chesapeake Shores - General Discussion

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

I'm not into Evan, I think he is a child, and it would annoy me that he probably has no idea how to deal with normal, everyday adult tasks, like laundry, cleaning, paying bills, grocery shopping, etc. 

He obviously doesn't, which is why I like the possibility of Abby opening up  his eyes to reality.  Not everyone can push a button and have their own Mandrake at their beck and call.  Crabbing, changing a tire, reading a map, etc, I think skills like this and doing them himself is going to a big growth experience for him.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
34 minutes ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

Megan is the woooooooorst. I hate her so much! Going on about all the men she dated or had flings with after she abandoned her five children so she could go off and "find herself" or whatever.

So basically Mick works his butt off providing a gorgeous home and life but she feels neglected so she leaves all of them. Then blamed Mick for her leaving, for not understanding her, for not sharing custody of the kids with her. So she had no visitation for years and years? Blah, blah, blah. Most of all she had Mick ending up apologizing to HER! That really pissed me off! 

Does the show have new writers this season? Obviously very little Jess and no Kevin for weeks. Did they decide there are too many kids to fit in to an hour episode? Oh, and if they're not going to have Nell anymore then stop mentioning her name as if she really exists! Nell is going out tonight, Nell made this soup...... 

• Love 2

If Mick had all the money and was fighting against shared custody, I’m going to place a lot of blame on him for the challenging relationship with the kids. NYC is not that far from where they live. Some time in the summer and maybe spring break wouldn’t hurt the kids or challenge CS as home. But instead, he exerts a lot of dominance and says no. 

Did a Hallmark show actually hint at (gasp) SEX? 😱 And between unmarried people, no less! Mick and Megan (divorced) clearly spent the night together, and I'd say Connor and no-chemistry Margaret were definitely heading in that direction before they stopped to Google how long you have to wait after a heart attack. Is this a Hallmark first?

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, Jillybean said:

Did a Hallmark show actually hint at (gasp) SEX? 😱 And between unmarried people, no less!

Well they did show Jess and David in bed together prior to them getting married (where she was having nightmares before the wedding) and them cuddling in bed under the covers after they were married

Sigh. I hate painkiller addiction storylines. Please make it end!

Why do I feel like Bree’s new boyfriend is gonna end up in trouble for moving and not letting his parole officer know?

Why do people on TV always pick up pregnancy tests with their bare hands? I give the firefighter lady props for not sticking the test on top of the trash, where it would surely be spotted before she was ready to tell people she’s pregnant (that always happens on TV!). But why would you place that pee stick in your jacket pocket?!! JUST NO! 

I hate Jess, but it’s a bit weird that she hasn’t been around much this season. She wasn’t at the intervention, and I don’t think she even knows that dad has a painkiller addiction issue. Strange.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
Grammar
1 hour ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

I hate Jess, but it’s a bit weird that she hasn’t been around much this season. She wasn’t at the intervention, and I don’t think she even knows that dad has a painkiller addiction issue. Strange.

It was mentioned that she and David took his mom and sister out of town to get away from the press. And the elusive gran was mentioned to have taken a flight to visit a friend. I’m wondering if they had restrictions in filming to where only so many could be onset at one time thus they limited cast to certain storylines 

I’m burned Mick didn’t get arrested. I can’t believe no one drove by and saw what happened to and called the police. You don’t leave a note when you sideswipe someone’s car.  Of course the precious O’Briens are protected 

19 hours ago, ctlady said:

It was mentioned that she and David took his mom and sister out of town to get away from the press. And the elusive gran was mentioned to have taken a flight to visit a friend

This seems to be the go to explanation on this show of missing actors. Oh, they are on vacation. Oh, they are visiting a friend. Oh, what ever. If certain actors are not on for a few episodes just don't say anything unless they are permanently written off the show like obviously gran. Can't they just say she went to live with her sister for a year or something and leave it at that without having to mention every episode where she is and how she made soup or muffins before she left? 

Nice to see Gregory Harrison again. He's hot for his age and so is Treat Williams. I like looking at them even if their storylines suck. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Pallida said:

Are we supposed to root for Bree? Jake deserves so much better than someone who accuses him of lying and just digs in deeper and deeper. 

Absolutely agree. Bree was sounding cray cray. 

• Like 1
On 9/12/2022 at 2:23 AM, Pallida said:

Are we supposed to root for Bree? Jake deserves so much better than someone who accuses him of lying and just digs in deeper and deeper. 

Bree has surpassed the annoyance and childishness Jess had in the first 2 seasons.  Maybe it's the actress, but she's always scrunching up her face and jutting her front teeth out with her punchy expressions. She's just too artsy-fartsy for Luke and he's just too down-to-earth for her.  I really liked last week's final scene between him and Mick in the bar.  He has empathy.  He understands.  I think Mick responded better to Luke's advice better than that awful intervention.

Speaking of Mick - I really felt for him when he got off the phone with Megan in the opening scene, curled up in bed and cried.  Kudos to him for tossing that last pill he found and admitting he's an addict in NA

And YEAH MEGAN for putting Carter in his place.  It is none of his dang business and he's crossing serious work/personal life boundaries with her

Since Nell still has yet to make an appearance (and is out of the opening credits), they've got a semi-replacement with Margaret's muffin making 'gran' 

I'm really like Abby and Evan's dynamic and how they're approaching their relationship.  Robert Buckley is doing a good job with the character and especially love his interactions with Mandrake.  Although Mandrake is pretty much Evan's manservant, Evan doesn't treat him as one.  He talks to him, gets his opinion and Mandrake answering Evan's questions with questions was a nice little schtick between them

Megan Ory is definitely very preggers IRL.  When the coats, totes and strategically placed clutch purse start showing up, it's a dead give-away.  I do know from the CS IG page that Laci (Jess) and Jessica (Sarah) had just given birth IRL prior to filming beginning

Soooooo, all the time that Trace had owned The Bridge he never came across that fortune telling machine in storage?  I really don't want Luke to make up with Bree, but next week's previews looks like I may not get my wish.

Looks like Jess doesn't have much to do except counsel immature Bree on her dating woes and Kevin & Sarah are as boring as watching water freeze.  Their baby drama is zzzzzzzzzz

Okay - I'm just going to remove my filter and come out and say it - are they setting up Carrie Caitlin to either come out or have gender issues?  You know - so Hallmark can check another inclusion box?

Edited by ctlady
Mixed up Carrie and Caitlin
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, ctlady said:

Okay - I'm just going to remove my filter and come out and say it - are they setting up Carrie to either come out or have gender issues?  You know - so Hallmark can check another inclusion box?

They're being about as subtle as a freight train. Cue the "Very Special Episode" in 5,4,3...

• Love 1
On 9/13/2022 at 9:29 AM, ctlady said:

Although Mandrake is pretty much Evan's manservant, Evan doesn't treat him as one.  

Except for the part where Evan calls him by a name that isn't actually his name (and so does Abby (despite knowing it isn't actually his name). Calling him "Mandrake" because it amuses him is ridiculous but I suppose it goes along with his man-child schtick.

• Like 1

Does Abby still work? Is Bree still writing? Does Connor actually have any clients? Do Kevin and his wife fight fires any longer or jut go on vacation and talk about how scared they are about this pregnancy?  Looks like goofy Jess is the only one with any career goals. 

Abby used to be portrayed as a Type A intelligent highly skilled lawyer. Now she does nothing. She doesn't even care much about what is happening with her daughter. Oh, you want to talk to Auntie Bree about the mess you're making at school? Fine with me! Now I can spend more time with my billionaire boyfriend!

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
On 9/15/2022 at 5:15 PM, StaceyNotStacie said:

I don’t dislike the show, but I feel like I’m watching out of habit just to see how it ends. I’m guessing things will start winding down since we’re about halfway through the season.

Since it's Hallmark my prediction is Abby and Evan will get married. Bree and whatshisname will move in together.  Jess' husband will find out his trust is in tact and dad is really not a monster, Connor and new lawyer lady will form a hugely successful law firm, Kevin and his wife will have a healthy baby, and Mick will be cured of his addiction and move to California to be with his ex. Everybody gets their happily ever after! Hallmark wouldn't have it any other way.

• Like 4

Does anyone else watch with subtitles?  I'm on S6 E4 and they've suddenly become complete gobbledegook.  Eg: Hello bro, how goes it? becomes HoHow w gogoses i it??

It's not just the odd sentence, it's every one.

On 9/19/2022 at 12:29 PM, bichonblitz said:

Does Abby still work? Is Bree still writing? Does Connor actually have any clients? Do Kevin and his wife fight fires any longer or jut go on vacation and talk about how scared they are about this pregnancy?  Looks like goofy Jess is the only one with any career goals. 

This is Chesapeake Shores.  Where you can spend your days discussing your first world problems such as what constitutes a 'date', whether or not your new beau rigged a fortune telling machine, recoup from life threatening surgery in a splendidly furnished apartment that only an attorney with no current clients can afford, plant flowers while your alleged embezzler father is on the run, go to the spa while your B&B runs itself and agonize for days about announcing a pregnancy all while sipping invisible coffee in Pottery Barn's finest mugs on a porch swing, around the firepit, on a rock overlooking the Atlantic Ocean or at Sally's.  Meanwhile, money mysteriously drips into their bank accounts.

But seriously.....Abby is a partner with her Mick in the construction company, though - other than Evan's project - I don't know what else they've got in the hopper.  Margaret is holding down the fort at Connor's law firm to the best of her paralegal abilities (though now she's passed the bar), I don't see many guests at the B&B - it looks practically dead when Jess was practicing her sales pitch for her vineyard idea to Abby, I suppose Kevin & Sarah are still at the firehouse offscreen.  We did see Bree teaching a class a couple of episodes ago, but again - what happened to the bookstore??

Now, onto my thoughts about this episode:

Early morning -  everyone's filing in and pouring coffee.  So what are Connor, Kevin and Bree - who have their own places - doing there that early?  And I think Jess was there too.  Who is helping David with breakfast for all the inn customers, if any??  It's a ridiculous schtick to have them all together

And the writers didn't disappoint - having Bree swoop in and take Abby's recently filled coffee cup out of her hand rather than pour her own.  I swear I want to slap Bree across her face when she does that.  I really can't take her with Luke anymore, though I believe the show will have them work it out.  The actress needs to pull back the punchy facial expressions (I know - I've said this before).  

And ONLY in Chesapeake Shores do you write one book and have an award winning actress want to buy movie rights to it.  But....[scrunchy, punchy Bree face] you just don't know.  What to do?  Ah, first world problems!

And ONLY in Chesapeake Shores do websites load bar exam results right at noon on the dot as soon you refresh!

As mentioned above, Jess has a business plan for a vineyard/winery.  I must say she's come a long way since the spazzy, over-dramatic Jess of the first 2 seasons who bought a B&B on the fly - termites and all - and didn't even know how to use a hammer.  Her character has grown, matured and calmed down her panic attacks over every minute details (aka - first world problems)   I'm really interested in how this pans out and also to find out exactly who framed David's dad.  Someone close to him.  Hmmm.

Margaret passed the bar (yeah!!) and proposes being an equity partner with Connor in his firm.  I'm torn on this.  How will it affect their firm if they break up.  There are some things not all couples (married or not) should do together.  But....this is Chesapeake Shores so they'll partner up, get engaged and will be the de facto law firm of da' shore or - even better - Evan proposes to have the firm on permanent retainer for his empire.  Instant professional and financial success!

Still no gran sighting.  Maybe Diane Ladd isn't physically up to the part to where she's been demoted to mentions (she's not even listed in the opening credits anymore which is a kiss of death) or they'll bring her back for the finale so she and Margaret's 'gran' can have a muffin bake-off

Abby - when you get a call from the school nurse that your daughter has been spending a LOT of time there, you don't go home and ask her if there's anything she wants to talk about.  You have no idea if it's serious or not.  Take her aside and talk to her immediately.  My guess - she's either being bullied or she got her first period

Still.don't.care about Sarah's pregnancy.  Not to be unfeeling, but get over it cupcake.  You're not the first woman to have a miscarriage nor will you be the last.  But, all it takes is some magical advice from Abby to "choose joy" and all is well.

Glad Mick realized he can't do his recovery alone.  I really like the NA leader.  He has really beautiful eyes

Abby wants Kristen Stewart to play her in Bree's movie?  Are you kidding me?  Maybe Angie Harmon.  And I can see a grizzled Harrison Ford playing Mick.  But I hope the rest of the episodes are going to be heavy with this movie plot.

Edited by ctlady
  • Applause 1

I feel like I'm the only one posting here.  Does anyone care about this show anymore?

Watched it live last night rather than wait to view On Demand this evening.  The only storyline I'm interested in is who framed David's father.  

Wow, Mick - you built that 'pergolabo' in record time -just like you did Caitlin and Carrie's playhouse.  

Which first world problem was the most dramatic:

- Kevin going to Abby for advice on how to keep the fact he knows the baby's gender from Sarah?

- Bree making sure no one made a fuss or got her a gift for her birth......uh....'just another ordinary' day?

- Bree stipulating to Luke - who also shared the same 'ordinary day' as Bree - not to do gifts, flowers, cards.

- Bree buying Luke an just-in-case 'ordinary day' gift thinking he might buy her one too, even though she laid down the NO GIFTS law

- Bree feeling like an idiot for giving Luke a gift after finding out he listened to her and didn't buy her one 

- Megan's feelings getting hurt because Mick's invitation to move back into the house came across as a matter of convenience rather than him 'wanting' her to

- Jess (who resorted to hyper-active 1st season Jess last night) pouting that the bank turned her business plan down (for now.  I'm going to speculate that this is where David's trust may come into play)

- Abby resorting to a tween with a crush over her mention of the 'L' word to Evan.  (Do you?  but do you?  Only if you do?  Okay, we'll say it together)  UGH - really, CS writers??

So Nell is still in Ireland helping a cousin with their day/child care business?  Is it wise for a frail old lady to be looking after children?

Carrie's 'X/Y/Me' (cool name and use of chromosomes) test shows she's 93% Irish.  Wow.  Shocker.  And why are they holding out resolving the reason for Caitlin's mysterious visits to the school nurse?

No Connor or Margaret - though I missed the opening 7 minutes.

And now Evan wants to do his own DNA search.  Tune in next week for a very special Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker moment when Evan finds out who his father is

• Love 2

I lost it there for a couple of weeks when I was watching House of the Dragon on Sundays, but I've decided that show is a little too much for me so I'm back.

52 minutes ago, ctlady said:

- Abby resorting to a tween with a crush over her mention of the 'L' word to Evan.  (Do you?  but do you?  Only if you do?  Okay, we'll say it together)  UGH - really, CS writers??

This was the worst.  These people are well into their 30s (Evan might be in his 40s?).  I get that it's Hallmark where everyone acts like a teenager when it comes to relationships but it just seems so juvenile and dumb.  Bring back Connor and Margaret who actually act like adults with sexual tension, not high schoolers who freak out at the prospect of holding hands.

• Applause 2

The whole anti birthday thing was a bit much. If she ended up with a guy who actually liked celebrating his birthday, would he have to give it up to make her happy?

I’m mostly watching to see how it all ends. At this point I’m just waiting to see what they name the baby and the stuff with David’s father. 

I’m shocked that the DNA test didn’t reveal a long lost family member. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ctlady said:

So Nell is still in Ireland helping a cousin with their day/child care business?  Is it wise for a frail old lady to be looking after children?

This wasn't the most dramatic subplot, but certainly one of the more ridiculous ones. She's got to be in her upper 80s at least.

I'm still enjoying the show, even with all the nonsense. Still not liking Evan for Abby. Bree was even more ridiculous this episode., If that's at all possible. She's supposed to be this brilliant playwright, but you wouldn't know it from the way she acts.  How did Sarah get so far along in her pregnancy? Didn't they just announce it last week?

20 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

She's supposed to be this brilliant playwright, but you wouldn't know it from the way she acts.  How did Sarah get so far along in her pregnancy? Didn't they just announce it last week?

What happened to the prior week announcement of an award winning actress wanting to buy the rights to her book?  Did they just drop that?  The actress who plays Sarah had begun filming 3 weeks after the birth of her child in real life ( read this on the CS IG page) so I'm guessing that's a fake pregnancy belly along with RL post pregnancy weight

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I watch it on the DVR on Mondays. With all the commercials it only takes about 35 minutes.  After watching last nights episode, I want that 35 minutes back. 
I was half-way hoping the DNA would show no more than 20% Irish.  
I want more Mandrake.  He is my favorite.  

• Like 2
On 9/26/2022 at 9:24 AM, ctlady said:

Does anyone care about this show anymore?

I hate this show and watch it every week.!

Bree is soooo annoying. Why not go to a nice romantic restaurant for the birthday dinners and call it a day? What is the big damn deal? Oh, because everything is a big deal in the world of Bree. 

Evan and Abby with her big toothy smile  act like a couple of lovesick puppies. 

Kevin, grow up. You're about to be a father. Stop running to your sisters every time you can't keep a secret. 

On 9/26/2022 at 1:04 PM, StaceyNotStacie said:

I’m shocked that the DNA test didn’t reveal a long lost family member. 

I was expecting some reveal like the dad wasn't really the dad or something juicy like that. But nooooo that was a big ole' nothing burger. 

I'm thinking daddy Mick will end up financing Jess and David's winery or David will find where his hidden treasure of a Trust is. 

No Connor? It's funny how they leave one sibling out of every episode. The writers can't fit them all in one episode. 

Still mentioning about Nell. Why, writers, why? We get it. She's not around. Tell us in the first ep of the season and let it go.

So Meghan has enough money for her house in Cheaspeake and an apartment in LA? This family is just rolling in dough. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I really want to thrown in the towel posting my reviews here, but with only 2 episodes left, I'm going to expel as much snark as I can down to the bitter end.  

Jess & David:  I like the idea of the B&B becoming an 'event venue' if the vineyard doesn't pan out at the 11th hour.  'Who Framed Mr. Peck' has to be the most interesting storyline this season and I can't figure out who it is.  Could it be David's sister?  Is the sketchy, bad acting FBI agent hiding something?  I knew David would turn to Connor in the end.  And, I'm going to call it here, Connor gets the win in court, he and Margaret make the cover of Lawyer Today magazine and become the de facto attorney-on-retainer for the Pecks once they're re-established.

Megan & Mick:  Just get remarried already.  Did Mick just stop NA as there was no mention of it?  Did Megan really have to get all dressed with jewelry and perfectly curled hair just to stay home and make dinner?

Bree & Luke:  Thanks a lot, CS, for the fake out in the previews to have us think that Luke was telling Bree he needed time away from their relationship, rather than he needed time to himself on his roadtrip to visit his parent's grave.  And I can forgive the Oscar winning actress's choice of those severely- ripped- from -thigh -to -shin jeans because she had the hutzpah to tell Bree to tone it down with her jittery, punchy speech/facial expressions and hand gestures.  Someone needed to tell her to stop acting like a twelve year old who just got noticed by the cutest boy in school

And I knew something was going to  happen to Luke because of a photo that was posted on the CS IG page that showed him with his shirt on, but open and electrodes attached to his chest.

Connor & Margaret:  That was a fast turnaround on getting all the partnership legalities squared away as well as a new sign made..  Guess there was a time jump to coincide with Sara's belly doubling in size since last episode.  Oh, and the girl they hired to help at the firm who was taking their photo for the website in the opening - horrible vocal fry .  I'm rooting for the two of them

Abby & Evan:  I like that they actually talk and joke with each other.  I do think it was a little inappropriate that Mandrake brought Evan's  father (unannounced) whom he never ever met to the O'Brien house to meet him.   That should not have been done at their home.  Mandrake should've let Evan know then arranged for a meet at his own house.  Not well played, Mandrake

Kevin & Sara - just.....boring.  But yeah for Kevin wanting to go back to med school

Misc:

- Are we ever going to find out why Caitlin was making frequent visits to the school nurse?

- Is Gran ever going to come home from Ireland?  Video chat?

- The scene between Bree and actress at Sallys - all I could concentrate on was how perfectly similar their beachy waved hairstyles were

- Will we ever find out Mandrake's real name?  Will Abby ever ask him?  Will he ever ask Evan to stop calling him that?

- Bree's outfit of black jeans with ripped knees and that long denim jacket with painted hand prints on the back would be more suitable for a woman half her age.  

- I know Jess' wardrobe is due to the actress having put on baby weight, but I really do love the dresses they're having her wear

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, ctlady said:

I do think it was a little inappropriate that Mandrake brought Evan's  father (unannounced) whom he never ever met to the O'Brien house to meet him.   That should not have been done at their home.  Mandrake should've let Evan know then arranged for a meet at his own house.  Not well played, Mandrake

That really surprised me. Mandrake normally does everything so properly that it just seems way out of character for him. I briefly wondered if there might be more to that part of the story, but I couldn't reason anything out that made sense. After I got to, "Mandrake's really Evan's father and he paid some guy to come pretend to be Dad because..." I gave up. I figure, hey, only two more episodes to watch Robert Buckley, who is the sole reason I started watching this show; do I really care enough to put that much thought into it?

@ctlady - I hope you post your reviews for the last two episodes; I've been reading them and enjoy them, even if I don't always comment. You are appreciated. Thank you!

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, kirinan said:

@ctlady - I hope you post your reviews for the last two episodes; I've been reading them and enjoy them, even if I don't always comment. You are appreciated. Thank you!

Dropping out of Lurk mode to throw some more flowers your way @ctlady. I do enjoy the show and will miss it, but it's been ten times more enjoyable with the snark I find here!

(And totally agree about Bree's scrunchypunchy facial expressions.)

• Like 2
On 9/26/2022 at 6:52 PM, kirinan said:

There was a "Six months later" card on the screen after the opening.

And yet Abby and Evan are still at the Middle School “I’ll say I love you if you say you love me” stage 🙄

What happened to Bree and the bookstore??

I don’t trust the lady FBI agent. I hope David has a backup of what he gave her.

I thought there’d be a bigger payoff with the gift Bree was giving Kevin and Sara since they spent a lot of the episode on it. They barely looked at the box of books (a GREAT gift, BTW. A cousin had everyone bring her new baby a book at her shower that meant something to the giver and inscribe it to the baby!).

• Love 1
On 10/4/2022 at 12:15 PM, ctlady said:

Abby & Evan:  I like that they actually talk and joke with each other.  I do think it was a little inappropriate that Mandrake brought Evan's  father (unannounced) whom he never ever met to the O'Brien house to meet him.   That should not have been done at their home.  Mandrake should've let Evan know then arranged for a meet at his own house.  Not well played, Mandrake

- Is Gran ever going to come home from Ireland?  Video chat?

And this is not something Mandrake, the height of discretion, would ever do.

I for one hope Gran never sets foot or voice anywhere near Chesapeake Shores again, even via video chat.

• Sad 1
  • Love 1

I suppose it would have been too much to hope that Abby could have dredged up one ounce of compassion/understanding for Evan?

I would have fired Mandrake too, and it was good to see our beloved Mandrake recognized his huge error/brain fart, and went back to being his normal lovely, gracious self.

Did we know that Bree's actor person was a lesbian?  Is that even allowed on Hallmark?

Can you imagine the drama and pouting that would ensue when Bree finds out she's going into business with Jess?  Thank goodness we're being put out of our misery next week.

Edited by Leeds
Grammar
5 hours ago, Leeds said:

Did we know that Bree's actor person was a lesbian?  Is that even allowed on Hallmark?

Do you mean Emilie Ullerup?  She's in a relationship with a man, I believe.  And Catherine Bell (from Good Witch) and Jonathan Bennett (frequently turns up in movies) are both LGBTQ.

I feel like most of the hardcore Hallmark hausfraus have moved on to GAC Family, where being LGBTQ is going to be a "don't ask, don't tell" kind of thing, and almost certainly won't turn up in movies/shows.  But on Hallmark itself there's at least a vague attempt (albeit halfhearted) at diversity and inclusivity.

6 hours ago, Leeds said:

1 hour ago, dubstepford wife said:

Do you mean Emilie Ullerup?  She's in a relationship with a man, I believe

I think she means the award winning actress character on the show who wants to turn Brees book into a movie. She made a statement regarding Jess, “ why can’t I meet a girl like her?  Sure you don’t have any other sisters?”

Actually I thought the writers were gonna go that route with Caitlin and maybe viewers thought so too so they changed Caitlin’s issue to ‘bullying’ ( which I did call as a possibility). I’m wondering if the show would’ve received flack not for portraying the girls as gay, but for stereotyping lesbians as grunge/flannel wearing, facial pierced and sporting shaved blue hair. It was a pretty uneventful resolution. “Sloane teases me and says my hair looks dumb”. [ shoulder shrug - oh well] At least have the actress act like she was hurt or affected by the toxic friendship. I guess just dye her hair back, hand her a muffin and all’s well without any trauma or worry about going back to school to face her day after day. 

I am glad they gave Mandrake/Alan consequences for dropping Evans father in his lap without warning. And what an interesting backstory on how they met and how he got his nickname. I have a feeling he won’t stay fired for long.  He went from being homeless to a driver for a billionaire in a split second. Where would he go or do for a living?

And the actress wanting to just invest in Jess’s vineyard business just like that?  And how annoying was the actresses voice/line delivery?  Very jumpy, silly and over-caffeinated 

so next week we’re gonna have a baby, a wedding and hopefully for David’s dad an acquittal 

And Sara going into labor was in the most overly dramatic fashion ever. Pull the ambulance over, this baby is coming out now!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ctlady said:

I think she means the award winning actress character on the show who wants to turn Brees book into a movie. She made a statement regarding Jess, “ why can’t I meet a girl like her?  Sure you don’t have any other sisters?”

Ah, ok, I missed that.  Blink and you'll miss it inclusivity, sounds about right for Hallmark.

• Love 1

So Bree's movie deal is dead because the actress found something better to do and Bree is perfectly ok with that? 

Only one more episode to tie up all these loose ends? Hallmark needs to stick to movies and not episodic TV. They suck at it. 

Evan is a jerk. Did he not understand his dad didn't know anything about him? While he was spewing his hate at his father did anybody bother to stop and say Hey, he had no clue about you! Now he knows, and here he is very much wanting to meet you. And yeah, Evan, people do break up and move on with their lives. It's on the mother for not tracking down the father and telling him she was pregnant. The father did nothing wrong here.  

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Evan is a jerk. Did he not understand his dad didn't know anything about him? While he was spewing his hate at his father did anybody bother to stop and say Hey, he had no clue about you! Now he knows, and here he is very much wanting to meet you. And yeah, Evan, people do break up and move on with their lives. It's on the mother for not tracking down the father and telling him she was pregnant. The father did nothing wrong here.  

I think Evan's man-child schtick is supposed to be endearing somehow, but it really isn't. Yes, having your father sprung on you out of the blue was not the best circumstance, but here you are. Grow up and listen to the man. No, your mother wasn't "serious girlfriend material"-- most 20-somethings aren't. It was a summer fling that went the way of many (most?) summer flings. I guess when you've got an entire life narrative that you've been holding onto ( your mother was the poor, abandoned single mother), it can be hard to hear anything different. But in this case, the truth is much less dramatic--his father never knew he existed until Mandrake tracked him down.

Do we know if Evan's mother is alive? If Hallmark writers were better at storytelling, we would find out why Evan's mother never told the father she was pregnant, but with one episode left---nevermind...

Edited by TVForever

This show is so terrible and yet there are people clamoring for its return on Hallmark Channel's Facebook page. Someone needs to introduce them to quality TV. They have a lot of storylines to wrap up next week so it's odd that they introduced new ones at the 11th hour, like Evan's father. Evan is unlikeable and he and Abby have no chemistry. Then again, I find her very wooden for such an attractive person. Trace must be so happy he left Chespeake/Canadian Shores. Looks like ALL the sisters are/were pregnant IRL at this point. I will say I'm glad we found out Mandrake's actual name instead of having to wait until the series finale, like Mr. Big. I hope Alan finds a new purpose far away from Evan. 

• Applause 1
1 hour ago, Jillybean said:

This show is so terrible and yet there are people clamoring for its return on Hallmark Channel's Facebook page

I'm not on FB, but I do check in with the CS IG page every so often.  There's talk of a Christmas movie which should give die-hards the warm fuzzies

On 10/10/2022 at 11:40 AM, bichonblitz said:

And yeah, Evan, people do break up and move on with their lives. It's on the mother for not tracking down the father and telling him she was pregnant. The father did nothing wrong here. 

Exactly!  I knew they were going to have Evan all "you had the nerve to forget about my mother and never check in with her - even 30 years later???" Seriously, dude!  Yeah, Mandrake pulling him out of a hat and dropping him on your doorstop was a shocker, but at least listen to the man

Listening to Mick justify proposing to Megan as not a 'new' relationship to his NA sponsor (who has realllllllly beautiful eyes) reminded me of Mom with that same rule being applied to AA.  I think I can safely side with Mick here as Megan has been a permanent fixture in their lives since moving back AND she's been supporting Mick in his recovery so I don't see their re-marriage being a detriment to it

Is it REALLY that cold in 'da shores that Abby is dressed in leggings and a long sweater and still has to wrap a shawl around her to sit outside on the porch swing?

Whatever happened to the Evan's project that O'Brian Construction was working on - the one that halted due to finding artifacts on site?

Since after next week I'll have nothing left to snark about, I'm going to rank the couples - starting with my least favorite:

1.  Bree & Luke.  She's just too jittery, punchy, hyper, dramatic and scrunchy faced for his laid back nature

2. Kevin & Sarah.  Boring.  Zero chemistry.  I was so over their baby worry drama from the get go.  We never see them anywhere in their house except the bedroom where she's rocking in a chair or reading a book in bed. 

3. Abby & Evan.  They would've ranked higher, but his little snit-fest last week cost him points.  I like Abby well enough (translation:  she doesn't annoy me like Bree) and I don't fault her for getting on Evan's case.  Their relationship wasn't really organic, but he was more of a substitute to give her a love interest when Trace departed

4. Mick & Megan.  It took some time after all the bad blood of their previous, but they slowly and maturely inched back together with no silly misunderstandings or goofy drama

2.  Jess & David.  These two (well, Jess really) came a long way.  She has toned down her 'OMG I have termites - my world is coming to an end' personality, cutesy smirks, pouts and facial expressions to where I have really enjoyed hers and David's scenes together.  Even her reaction, though disappointed, to getting her business proposal turned down by the bank was calm and professional.  

1.  Connor & Margaret.  Well, the old Margaret because this new actress didn't have much time to grow on me.  But, that aside, they have mutually respectful, professional and affectionate relationship without any eye-rolling hoopla.  I'm rooting for a long and fruitful partnership and beyond!

• Like 1

Just a heads up-the finale is scheduled to run 2 minutes over….

I can’t imagine that they will show us much more than is in the promos. They have to wrap up all the stores plus a wedding in under an hour. I predict Gran will show up at the end for the wedding of her son 

• Useful 1
On 10/11/2022 at 1:40 PM, Jillybean said:

This show is so terrible and yet there are people clamoring for its return on Hallmark Channel's Facebook page. Someone needs to introduce them to quality TV.

The sad thing is, for Hallmark, this is quality TV.  

I don't entirely blame them.  I feel a bit left behind by movies and TV shows these days, since what people seem to want is super dark edgy stuff like House of the Dragon.  That's not for everyone though.  Network TV (in the US at least) is a revolving door of legal/medical/forensic dramas, and the cable channels are in a competition to see who can be the most controversial.  In terms of cozy wholesome stuff, there's not much out there.  So I can see why people desperately cling to Chesapeake even though deep down they know it's cliche and full of plot holes and features a lot of actors who are phoning it in.  

I'm not sorry to see Chesapeake go.  It is pretty bad.  But the only shows I have left are Virgin River and All Creatures Great and Small, and that's kind of a bummer.

• Like 2

That was an easy and lazy wrap up. Of course Evan proposed to Abby. Of course Mick and Meghan will live happily ever after. Of course manic Bree convinced Luke to stay. Of course Jess is pregnant. Of course Connor and his partner/girlfriend will win the lawsuit because of her brilliant discovery  and of course Nell was mentioned at least 2 times. The writers could have written the finale in their sleep and most likely did. 

Oh, forgot Kevin and his boring wife. Of course it was an emergency birth. 

Bye Bye Chesapeake Shores. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2