Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Gulielma

Bar Rescue

Man, I took one 1 hour food safety class seventeen years ago when I was working at a fast-food joint and I  still remember most of the rules including the importance of using gloves during preparation. How are these chefs even getting hired?

• Laugh 1

I've dipped into little dive & corner bars all over the US.  Never seen anything remotely like Taffer finds. 

I suspect a whole lot of playing the fool is to get the makeovers.  Even without the new paint and furniture, some of the kitchen scrubbing and steam cleaning alone must be worth thousands.

• Like 1

Taffeta seemed like he was going to have a stroke in the Country Bar episode. I get it that these people were annoying but a modicum of acting professional would be good too. I don’t relate well to people screaming so I couldn’t work with someone like him. 

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Like 2

On 11/4/2014 at 11:19 PM, NikSac said:

Totally agreed!  I've burned the hell out of myself with a jalapeno (yes I was dumb enough to touch it and then my face).  I can't imagine touching a ghost pepper. I'm scared of them and I've never even seen one in person.

LOL at seeing a GHOST pepper in person.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:27 PM, DoctorK said:

What drives me nuts when I watch is when he whips out "blueprints" that are actually blue. I have been my company's site manager on a few construction sites (Navy and Army construction and post hurricane rebuilding) and all of the drawings are CAD, maintained by the General Contractor (or their Architect) who also has large format printers and suppies prints as need to subs. Maybe I am wrong, but aren't blueprints called that from an old and long obsolete chemical process for making large copies which only produced blue background/white lines?

Oh my gosh, I had totally forgotten that from my intro to shop class in the late 1970's! I assume they use plotter printers now but no longer use that color combination.

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 1:37 PM, psychoticstate said:

Is anyone commenting on this show anymore?  Is anyone still watching?

I haven't watched this show in years. Are they still making new eps?

On a related note, I came back to this forum b/c I saw an commercial for a new show in which Jon Taffer repairs relationships. Whut?

• Laugh 1

Yeah they have been airing a few new eps recently; but seemingly in line with his "Relationship Rescue", it feels the Bar Rescue has been focused as much on 'repairing' the owner or manager's relations as an underlying cause of the failing bar; and less focus on improving the bars themselves. 

I suspect Relationship Rescue is going to last less time than Restaurant Rescue did. Or I can hope as muhc. 

• Like 1