Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: eps2.8_h1dden-pr0cess.axx

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Cosmosgravitation said:

Here is the diner scene in slow motion.  Cisco's head and a ketchup bottle explode.  Looks like Darlene clearly survives.  The ketchup bottle was in front of Dom, so perhaps the gunman was trying to kill both Cisco and Dom.

I don't see the ketchup bottle, but, yeah, poor Cisco is toast.

1 hour ago, Sydka said:

I would very much miss Darlene if she died.  I hope she's okay.

Are we going to talk about that kiss??  Elliot "Hates-to-be-touched" Alderson initiates both a hug AND a kiss.  That was a long time coming.  I was happy he could finally act on his love for Angela, even if it took (possibly) losing her to get him to do it.

He can hug/touch people he trust. He slept with Shayla and hugged Darlene when he got out of prison. 

Also I do think Cisco is a goner, but wouldn't be surprised if he magically survived. It is understandable that he had a hit out on him. He was wanted by the FBI and they had recent bulletin out on him. 

As for the symbolism of the subway signs; 2 signs saying Phase = Phase 2 aka Stage 2.

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 2

I made a slowdown video of the whole shootout from the highest quality source I could find. The youtube compression probably doesn't help but it's the best way I can get it to you.

The red explosion on Darlene's side actually looks like a second ketchup bottle, as at the same time a mustard bottle explodes, which looks really similar. So I'd say, Cisco dead, Darlene probably alive.

Edit: Original video without youtube compression problems, if anybody is interested: https://mega.nz/#!rNJngBQD!e4uqzVM3jJ2_UeqtraqNmwn68HBWzyyVCV2lD8oRH7Q

Edited by Miles
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Miles said:

Like I said it isn't at all well visible without motion.
 I'll try to get some better quality but I'm not sure if that will help anything. I can only recommend to watch that scene again close up.

This is after Dom had already dived under the table. So on the left is Darlene. I guess her hair looks red because of the light of the neon sign.

Thanks for the captures.  It's hard to see because the camera is across the street; probably done on purpose.  I don't think it was done because of censorship, during the shootout in China, you could see a lot more of what was going on.  

Maybe I'm alone here but I really like this season and loved this episode.  I liked the scene where Elliot is in Joanna's car, looking out the window, he sees the garbage piled up in the street, the boarded up businesses, people begging, and he wonders what the hell did they do.  F.Society wanted to save people, they wanted to change things, and it seems that things got worse.  Whenever you want to tear something down, you have to have something else to put in it's place, as nature abhors a vacuum.  

F.Society doesn't even get that they were used as pawns by the Dark Army, who has their own agenda, maybe destabilizing the US economy.  Elliot and Darlene had no idea who they were getting into bed with.  

What I wonder is, if Whiterose is the leader of the Dark Army (don't know if she is or not), why does she want to keep Elliot alive?  Obviously she doesn't want him hurt, that's why Leon was there to protect him in jail.  

I don't think the Dark Army soldiers kill themselves because of anything religious, it's more like spies who used to bite into a cyanide tablet, rather than be interrogated.  

• Love 6

Thanks, Cosmos, that was much clearer.

Thank you, Miles, I didn't realize that WR was following Elliot's plans. I thought it was sort of a mutual plan.

Milaxx, good point. We know Mr. Robot has been keeping something from Elliot, I guess it's more than what actually happened to Tyrell. I wish they would have referred again to the blips Elliot/Mr. Robot were experiencing in last wk's ep. That looked/seemed interesting. I wouldn't be opposed to a 3rd personality coming out. I'd be interested to see what they'd do with it/who it would be.

Possibilities, I liked Cisco too.

I think the Mr. Robot part of Elliot is responsible and likely masterminded this. FSociety may not have had any idea  what they were really getting into, and even the Elliot side may be innocent, but I think from the moment Elliot had that meltdown in season 1 that landed him in therapy with Krista, MrRobot has been planning this and that's what's keeping Elliot alive. I think it's why Elliot asked Angela to get him that job at Allsafe. It was a way to backdoor into Ecorp.

Completely agree about the Dark Army soldiers though. They are ordered to die before risking interrogation. 

Can anyone get good screencaps of Elliot's apartment?  all the clues I see keep saying to look in the bottom right corner. I'm wondering if it's the pizza box, a blank cd or the radiator.

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 2

Thanks Miles for the slo mo.  Yes, I agree, Cisco dead, Darlene probably alive.  

When Darlene thought the Dark Army wanted her dead, she might have been mistaken, especially if the Mr. Robot part of Elliot is the mastermind of all of this.  

• Love 1

When Darlene and Cisco took the injured guy to the hospital, Cisco said to Darlene in the waiting room that they could have dropped him off.  Darlene said that no, she "needed to be there."  I got the feeling Darlene felt that Cisco was a liability, especially by bringing the injured guy back to the apartment.  I think she also might have been a bit hurt by him saying she wasn't special.  Darlene obviously didn't know that the Dark Army was planning to shoot them, but...did she want Cisco to be seen?

Is it obvious now that the needle the Dark Army put into Cisco's finger was a tracking device?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Milaxx said:

They could have just tracked him using the gps on his phone.

You're probably right.  I've got to think that needle means something, though.

I also wondered if the place where the phone calls were originating were at Joanna's sidepiece's place, which is why the bodyguard assured Elliot that the calls wouldn't be coming from the house.  He was pretty obsessed with Joanna, although I don't know how prank calling her would help his case.

Edited by eejm
  • Love 1

I think that's Scott Knowles apartment. Address was Upper East side, a wealthy neighborhood. Bodyguard would know it because he's driven them there. If it's Scott I could see him kidnapping Tyrell and/or toying with Joanna for revenge.

15 minutes ago, Milaxx said:

I think that's Scott Knowles apartment. Address was Upper East side, a wealthy neighborhood. Bodyguard would know it because he's driven them there. If it's Scott I could see him kidnapping Tyrell and/or toying with Joanna for revenge.

Someone above said that the Knowleses lived in Chelsea; that's across town and over 60 blocks from the Upper East Side. No way the sidepiece could afford that Park Avenue adjacent address. If indeed the Knowleses stayed in Chelsea and didn't move up after his promotion, then Price would be the likely prankster/holder of captive Tyrell.

• Love 2

Wellecks live in Chelsea. In season 1 [ep 5 or 6 I think]. Scott taunts Tyrell for living in a 2 bedroom in Chelsea. Knowles is really rich. He also taunts Tyrell with a watch some dictator gave him. 

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, eejm said:

You're probably right.  I've got to think that needle means something, though.

It means that it hurts like hell having something shoved under your nails. Not many worse pains you can inflict. Certainly not by doing so little. It's not by chance a favorite torture method of many dictatorships.

Cisco would have had that thing removed asap.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, morgankobi said:

ETA: I wonder about the signs next to both Angela and Elliot on the subway. Next to each of them was a different post ad for the same product/service. "Phase" was very large, maybe the product name (and there were 2 of them...) and the tagline was something similar to "for the discerning listener." Wonder what it all means.

I wondered the same. It seemed suspicious it was there. The Phase 2 theory is a nice one.

8 hours ago, Sydka said:

Are we going to talk about that kiss??  Elliot "Hates-to-be-touched" Alderson initiates both a hug AND a kiss.  That was a long time coming.  I was happy he could finally act on his love for Angela, even if it took (possibly) losing her to get him to do it.

I got the impression that prior to all this they were a couple, not just friends, but that Elliot had forgotten in the same way he'd forgotten about Darlene being his sister.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, kat165 said:

Wasn't the sidepiece killed though? By the bodyguard/chauffer, I think, who gave him a paralyzing shot and then killed him (I forget how as this was more in the beginning of the season).

No, that was the guy where the SUV was parked. The side piece is still alive. Not sure where he is or what Joanna wants with him. Last we saw him Joanna plied him with (probably fake) divorce papers.

1 hour ago, Kalliste said:

I got the impression that prior to all this they were a couple, not just friends, but that Elliot had forgotten in the same way he'd forgotten about Darlene being his sister.

Would be consistent with the fact that Elliot tells us that she has terrible taste in men. But I'm not entirely sure if they ever were an item or if it was just one of those will they won't they things.

Edited by Miles
17 hours ago, Miles said:

started

I don't know why that quoted above, but when that happens, I can't get rid of it.

I couldn't see what happened with the shoot-out, either, and we have a pretty big TV. 

13 hours ago, Miles said:

I made a slowdown video of the whole shootout from the highest quality source I could find. The youtube compression probably doesn't help but it's the best way I can get it to you.

The red explosion on Darlene's side actually looks like a second ketchup bottle, as at the same time a mustard bottle explodes, which looks really similar. So I'd say, Cisco dead, Darlene probably alive.

Edit: Original video without youtube compression problems, if anybody is interested: https://mega.nz/#!rNJngBQD!e4uqzVM3jJ2_UeqtraqNmwn68HBWzyyVCV2lD8oRH7Q

Thanks for posting this, Miles.  Cisco is definitely a goner.  Dom looks like she barely looks at the shooter before ducking.

That's twice Dom has survived relatively indiscriminate assassination attempts. This show is to smart to rely on plot armor so. . . hmmm.

Oh Cisco! I'm going to miss your mixtape hustling, Dark Army messenger self!

Joanna's "Do you really want to say no to me?" was the hottest/scariest thing I've seen on TV in a long time. When her character was introduced I totally underestimated Stephanie Corneliussen's ability to act. I thought she was just going to be eyecandy.

Anyone here remember the AMC show Rubicon? Phillip is so Truxton Spangler.

• Love 5

Seems like, based on what the Chinese said about Stage 2 being Elliot's plan, Elliot is in charge of practically everything. So I'm guessing, on Elliot's orders tagged based on previews

Angela was grabbed by the Dark Army to keep her quiet and safe,

and Darlene is safe.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, kat165 said:

Wasn't the sidepiece killed though? By the bodyguard/chauffer, I think, who gave him a paralyzing shot and then killed him (I forget how as this was more in the beginning of the season).

No, Kareem the car park attendant was killed.

The sidepiece is Derrick, who Joanna hasn't had killed. Yet.

But give her time. I'm convinced that Joanna is making Derrick reluctantly participate in a choking fetish so she can set him up to take the fall for Tyrell choking Sharon Knowles to death. I don't see him surviving long.

>> 3 "to fuck that woman and bring me her earrings" Joanna Wellick has grown on me this season, and especially Stephanie Corneliussen's performance; her rendition of this off-puttingly cracked woman "behind" the man is committed (as it were). But we've already got any information her spin down memory lane might have given us -- she's bonkers; she's in denial; she has no boundaries and she ran Tyrell -- so a twisted story about sending Tyrell to fuck a redhead for her fugazi accessories adds nothing.

I think it reinforces something important.

I mentioned above that I predict Joanna is going to frame her choke-sex-buddy Derrick for the choking murder of Sharon Knowles.

I think the show told the earring story to reinforce the point that the Wellicks use sex as a means to an end. Joanna's sex with Derrick is all about setting him up to take the fall for Tyrell.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Snorfbat said:

>> 3 "to fuck that woman and bring me her earrings" Joanna Wellick has grown on me this season, and especially Stephanie Corneliussen's performance; her rendition of this off-puttingly cracked woman "behind" the man is committed (as it were). But we've already got any information her spin down memory lane might have given us -- she's bonkers; she's in denial; she has no boundaries and she ran Tyrell -- so a twisted story about sending Tyrell to fuck a redhead for her fugazi accessories adds nothing.

I think it reinforces something important.

I mentioned above that I predict Joanna is going to frame her choke-sex-buddy Derrick for the choking murder of Sharon Knowles.

I think the show told the earring story to reinforce the point that the Wellicks use sex as a means to an end. Joanna's sex with Derrick is all about setting him up to take the fall for Tyrell.

Welleck's are masters at the long con.  Tyrell had been working his way up the Ecorp ladder before Scott Knowles was appointed CTO.  Derrick was the waiter at that party where Price introduced Sharon Knowles as his "silent partner".  My guess is Joanna hooked up with Derrick in the hopes of finding Tyrell and/or gaining info on the Knowles.

• Love 1

I was bored and checked out that reddit (sp?) site some of you have cited here.  Man 95% of that stuff is silly garbage and/or would be hackers congratulating themselves on knowing all about Pringle cans from the way back when.  Something like a thousand one line posts in someone finally mentioned Knowles probably having Tyrell's phone if not Tyrell and there was total amazement over that "insight" from the posters there. 

Speaking of which my first thought when watching the show live was that Tyrell as Knowles' prisoner is doing a too concrete shout-out to A Clockwork Orange given how other things are so subtle in this show.  So part of me says it is too obvious but for once maybe the obvious is right.  And the image of Tyrell as a 1960's English "mod" gang leader is kind of funny to think about.  But all signs seem to point to that complete with Knowles getting extra bonus points for taunting/tormenting Joanna as in the heavy breathing on the phone etc. 

But back to that "other site." Half of them didn't even follow Darlene's story and the half that did repeated it back to them in an increasing telephone game way.  And all seemed to miss the age 5 reference in that story where her father was alive which makes the whole story suspect given the age 4 story of the trial reference with Susan.

Elliot does tell us to ignore these stories when the bodyguard starts one up in that cross cut scene though.  He says if you shut that out you can clear your mind and see what is really important.  He then goes on to ask us, his imaginary friend, to look for something he thinks Mr Robot wants from his apt there and can we spot it.

Well the whole reddit stuff above was really to lead up to this from one post about said item from one of the few posters that seemed together there: 

most likely the letter from the Dark Army (regarding phase 2) that Leon told him to be expecting.

you see mail on his table in the Blue's Clues shot.

Spoiler

then, in the preview for next week, you see Mr. Robot picking up a letter in Elliot's apt.

I forgot -- and still can't remember exactly after the remind here -- that Leon told him to expect a letter.  But old fashioned snail mail is the perfect way to communicate and not get caught in this day and age.  (Note: Spoiler tag above is regards to what was shown in the previews at the end of the episode for this coming week so to be safe I put the tag on it).

Edited by green
  • Love 2

Just because Darlene said she was 4 at the trial and 5 when they went to Coney Island isn't necessarily contradictory.  I don't remember anything being said about their dad being dead before the trial.  He could have already been sick and was suing for medical expenses and for damages.

• Love 3

Could a dying man ride a roller coaster? Something doesn't add up. I can't put my finger on it, but I don't think that kidnapping story is true. Also apropos of nothing I think Mr.Robot was looking for the pizza box in Elliot's apartment. I know it sounds wacky, but I think they Fsociety may have used it as a low tech way to send messages.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Bama said:

Just because Darlene said she was 4 at the trial and 5 when they went to Coney Island isn't necessarily contradictory.  I don't remember anything being said about their dad being dead before the trial.  He could have already been sick and was suing for medical expenses and for damages.

But it was a massive class action trial.   People would have had to die in large numbers before it even made it on to the docket with endless investigation time to gather evidence with fights over being allowed on site to get soil samples etc and endless delaying tactics by E Corp and then the various doctors' reports about the diseases then deaths of the people involved etc.  And leukemia is a fast moving disease usually.  So I think it is a pretty safe guess their father was long ago dead by the time the verdict was reached. 

In fact it wouldn't surprise me if Darlene wasn't actually born until after her dad died.  Which could put a whole different spin on her story which would mean (or could mean anyway) that she saw "Mr Robot" riding the Ferris wheel at Coney Island with Elliot as a young girl.  The exact same Ferris wheel from the very first episode where Elliot thought he was with a real person with a Mr Robot logo on his jacket.  Remember she certainly had a "reaction" when Elliot used the term "Mr Robot" for the first time in front of her last episode before this one.  I mean do/did they both "see" Mr Robot at times but hers was in the past?

But back to the trial.  We saw clearly that Angela had met with one of the team of attorneys representing their side of things in the class action suit, remember.  Angela's mother was one of the dead plaintiffs too.  So it was definitely a class action suit from what I can tell.  And besides no way could Elliot's family been able to hire legal help alone to take E Corp to trial anyway.

And Darlene saw the smirk on Susan's face watching the trial on TV. They don't cover small one person trials like that on mainstream news.   And Susan was a junior attorney at the time sitting in the last row of the E Corp team of lawyers Darlene tells us.  You don't send in a whole team to take on one lone plaintiff with no money to afford a decent high end attorney of his own.

So that is why I have to believe no way would Elliot and Darlene's father still have been alive even at the start of the trial let alone the end of it.

Also I believe no way would Esmail have Darlene literally almost officially announce her exact age (weird to literally declare it each time) at both of these "events" she describes unless he wants us to notice there is a fault in the timeline here.  Just my pov of course.

Edited by green
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, Milaxx said:

Thinking about Claudia Kincaid, the address on the Upper East Side is not that far away from the Met. The character Claudia Kincaid runaway to the museum. Angela said one time as kids Elliot was missing and she found him at a museum talking to himself.. Elliot did say the address was accurate within 12 meters. Could Tyrell be hidden at the museum?

That's an interesting possibility. I believe Elliot gave Sutherland the wrong address, so the museum is a good guess for Tyrell's real whereabouts. 

According to the Mr. Robot Wiki -

Darlene was born sometime in 1989, as she states she was 4 years old when she first saw Susan Jacobs defend E Corp in the Washington Township trial. Her father, Edward Alderson, died on February 28, 1995. Her mother, Magda, was abusive toward her and her brother.

mr-robot-tombstone

In 1993, an alleged gas leak took place in the factories of E Corp in Washington Township, Bergen County, NJ., resulting in the leakage of chemicals with dangerous levels of toxicity. In the ensuing 24 months, 26 employees died from similar types of leukemia including Edward Alderson, Elliot and Darlene Alderson's father, as well as Jane Moss, the mother of Angela Moss. A class action lawsuit filed against E Corp by the surviving victims was dismissed; E Corp claimed there was no direct evidence linking their factories to the diagnoses. According to the release of E Corp corporate data from fsociety, the dangerous toxicity levels of the E Corp facilities was covered up by three high-level executives, including Terry Colby, as it "would not be cost-effective to retool the current systems in place even if there are potential lawsuits." However, E Corp and legal analysts support the claim that there is not enough evidence to suggest a cover up.

The timeline is definitely muddy but I'm not sure there is conclusive evidence that Mr. Alderson was dead when Darlene saw Susan Jacobs laugh at the trial.  We have proof he died in 1995 and the gas leak took place in 1993.  Elliot was 8 when his father died, according to the show, and Darlene is 3 years younger than him, putting her at 5 years old when their dad died.

I don't think the possible contradiction in Darlene's two stories means that we can't take what Darlene says at face value.  I lean towards it being an issue with the writers not fully mapping out the timeline of the show.

• Love 9

I believe Darlene's story about Susan Jacobs, but I don't believe her story about Coney island and the kidnapping. I think she made it up because she had just found out that Elliot devised Stage 2.  I also think she probably wished that someone would take her aways and treat her like a princess as a child. I'm not sure if she was sad because she thinks that Elliot withheld that info from her or because she thinks it makes him crazier than she expected. I don't even have any evident to back this up but I also think it's why she was ready to just cut an run with Cisco. She appeared disillusioned with Fsociety and everything they did knowing that Elliot was the mastermind behind it all.

• Love 1

A lot to take in on this one!

Really enjoyed the opening scene with Terry and Price.  Sometimes it is just great watching two pros like Michael Cristofer and Bruce Altman (who is always great in these types of roles) play off one another.  I do wonder if Price truly believes the bullshit he was spouting at the end.  Either way, the highlight was Terry calling Donald Trump a c*********.

Elliot and Johanna meeting up was great; especially since this means they're finally going somewhere with the Tyrell thing.  At the very least, it looks like Elliot traced the phone back, although it might not be Tyrell on the other line.  Definitely wouldn't be surprised if it is Scott Knowles, like others have theorized.  Johanna continues to be the best stone-cold ice queen on the planet.  One of the best things about this season was upping Stephanie Corneliussen to a regular.  She just has the ability to be so sexy, but also scary at the exact same time.

Angela seems primed to turn herself in, and even finally confronts Elliot about FSociety.  And then they kissed, which is nice I guess (and a big step for Elliot.)  But now two mysterious people show up, so who knows where she is heading next.

Turns out it was Cisco at the door from last week, and he had found one of their other members beaten up.  He and Darlene take him to the hospital, and then go to a diner.  Dom is on their tail as always, and finally catches them.  Only for the Dark Army to show up and start raining bullets.  I'm pretty sure at least Cisco is a goner.  I doubt they'll kill Darlene though.  I also wouldn't be surprised if we actually see the shoot-out from their perspective next episode.  Either way, it was really well done.

• Love 1

Thanks, Miles. I have not really been able to follow Joanna's storyline and have mixed up the characters involved with her. I don't even remember sidepiece, he's sort of blended into parking lot guy. Thanks also, Snorfbat. It's lucky for me you guys are paying attention. :)

"Who Joanna hasn't killed. Yet." - awesome.

Who beat Cisco & Dom's friend up and left him in the lawyer's pool?

He wasn't in the pool he was on or behind the couch. My guess is the Dark Army. They are killing anyone who could lead the FBI back to them. He was in DC, likely helping with the dropping the the Wall Street bull balls through the roof of the senate. He may not have gotten the message that Susan's house was burned and not to come back there.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Milaxx said:

Could a dying man ride a roller coaster?

Why not? A battle with cancer can take years. What else are you supposed to do? Sit in a dark room all day?

He also opened and ran a computer shop while he was sick. I think a rollercoaster ride is cake compared to that.

6 minutes ago, kat165 said:

He escaped an FBI raid. It was implied that he got his injuries in the process of escaping. Maybe jumped out a window or something

Edited by Miles
  • Love 7

Thanks, Milaxx. I thought the sounds were coming from the pool. If the Dark Army is killing everyone who can lead the FBI back to them why did they just beat this guy up? Ah, good point, about not knowing that Susan's house was burned. He managed to crawl back there himself. Doesn't sound like the Dark Army not finishing the job on him though. But who else could it have been?

Yeah, I agree with Miles on the rollercoaster. Get the ride in while you can rather than sit at home in defeat. Doesn't mean it was easy for him to do though.

• Love 1

6 HOURS AGO, MILAXX SAID:

Could a dying man ride a roller coaster?

Why not? A battle with cancer can take years. What else are you supposed to do? Sit in a dark room all day?

He also opened and ran a computer shop while he was sick. I think a rollercoaster ride is cake compared to that.

True, but I get the impression that this was closer to the end of his life when he would have been in no position to ride a roller coaster.  He didn't live years. If Darlene was born in 89, and she was 5 when this kidnapping occurred, then it happened in 94.  He may have looked fine in the store, but he was dead by 95 so things may have taken a turn for the worst pretty fast. I freely admit I could be wrong, but I don't buy that Coney island story. It feels like a fantasy Darlene had.

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 1

And if it was a fantasy Darlene had and then told Cisco like it was true, how sad. What a sad character Darlene is.

Which makes me wonder if Darlene only got involved with fsociety to do something cool with her brother, be involved, be important, be counted. She never really had a plan or geniune motivation.

Edited by kat165
  • Love 3

I agree it's sad. It shows that she lived her entire life in Elliot's shadow, over looked to the point that she wished someone would literally take her away. She loves Elliot and he kept the biggest secret of all from her. She probably thought they were in this Fsociety thing together and now she finds out they aren't.

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Milaxx said:

I agree it's sad. It shows that she lived her entire life in Elliot's shadow, over looked to the point that she wished someone would literally take her away. Ywt she loves Elliot and he kept the biggest secret of all from her. She probably thought they were in this Fsociety thing together and now she finds out they aren't.

I really didn't read it that way. Her home life sucked, because her father was dying and her mother was abusive. The only saving grace of that whole situation was and is that she loves her brother very much and thinks the world of him. I don't think she felt overshadowed by him.

I also still think that that story was true.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Bama said:

According to the Mr. Robot Wiki -

mr-robot-tombstone

The timeline is definitely muddy but I'm not sure there is conclusive evidence that Mr. Alderson was dead when Darlene saw Susan Jacobs laugh at the trial.  We have proof he died in 1995 and the gas leak took place in 1993.  Elliot was 8 when his father died, according to the show, and Darlene is 3 years younger than him, putting her at 5 years old when their dad died.

I don't think the possible contradiction in Darlene's two stories means that we can't take what Darlene says at face value.  I lean towards it being an issue with the writers not fully mapping out the timeline of the show.

Thanks for finding the gravestone.  Awesome.  And since it says January of 1995 I think it pretty much proves that no way no how someone with leukemia which is both extremely debilitating and horribly painful was off riding a Ferris wheel or even out of his house or bed or the hospital even when Darlene was 5 years old.

15 hours ago, Miles said:

I really didn't read it that way. Her home life sucked, because her father was dying and her mother was abusive. The only saving grace of that whole situation was and is that she loves her brother very much and thinks the world of him. I don't think she felt overshadowed by him.

I also still think that that story was true.

But she came right out and told Cisco that is exactly how she felt.  That Elliot got all the attention in the family.  That she was never asked what she felt, wanted, liked etc.  That her father acted like Elliot was the person that would make something great of his life, not her.  That she was both jealous of the attention Elliot got at the same time feeling Elliot was her only true family and feeling love for him.  That was the whole reason she preferred the weird old lady could have kept her.  For the first time she wasn't overshadowed.  She was number one in someone's life.  She mattered.

Which makes me think the story is more fantasy than truth.  Maybe some real elements mixed in with what she wished had happened.  Like maybe there was some sketchy real weird old lady she met in passing that paid a little attention to her briefly but not at Coney Island and she was never in the woman's house or something like that.

Edited by green
  • Love 2