Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Week 6, Night 2

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Saytura said:

I think it's how the family picture was processed.  The girls have darker hair in much more recent Instagram photos.  Overprocessing the photo + summer blonde.

Oh, that makes sense. I just know that some ridiculous celebrities (like Gwen Stefani) bleach their young children's hair, and Amanda seems like the kind of person who'd think that that would be a good idea.

Edited by chocolatine

Not sure why there is the pressure to end the show with proposals.  Was "hey, I think we're really great, I want to continue dating" not an option?  I think Nick and Jen could have had a chance.  Although I think I read online somewhere that they did in fact date after the show but Nick dumped her when he got the call to be the Bachelor.  I know there was some speculation that he didn't propose because they had told him that he was going to be the next Bachelor while he was still in paradise, but I just don't see how the timeline for that would work, given that they were already back from paradise before Jojo's season even ended.

In terms of strength of the couples and their chances of making it, I see it Evan/Carly>Josh/Amanda>Grant/Lace.

• Love 5
On 9/6/2016 at 10:28 PM, Jodio said:

I want to put in my vote right now for Daniel in another season of Bachelor in Paradise. Because I'm Canadian.

Me too! Hell, I don't even care if no one ever gives him a rose, and he just pulls an Ashley every single week! I really didn't think I would at the beginning, but I missed him so much after he left.

23 hours ago, dleighg said:

Anybody know what the bleeped out word to Evan's ditty (rhymes with "Carly") was? I admit my mind is probably not dirty enough to have figured it out.

I'm pretty sure it was "fuck," because he couldn't think of any more lines for his little poem.

18 hours ago, jade.black said:

Did anyone also notice that immediately after proposing, Josh pointed out how many diamonds were on the ring he'd gotten her? As if he just wanted to make sure she'd noticed.

Yep. Blarf.

I will say that the best thing about all these proposals is that none of them were accompanied by gross calls to fully grown women's fathers to ask permission. That said, given that two of the people involved have children, I can't quite be on board with their proposals without even meeting the kids. I don't know why some FS conversation, whether aired or not, couldn't be something to the effect of "I'd really like to get engaged, but there are kids at stake here, and I don't think it's appropriate to get engaged without meeting them. So let's agree to exchange roses, but hold off on the ring just yet." Sure, you don't get the enormous freebie ring that way, but does anyone actually want to wear any of those godawful things? Honestly?

Also, to the speculation of whether those tattoos were actually real, did anyone else notice that she was wearing a bracelet on that same wrist? Something metal and potentially scratchy is the last thing I'd be putting on my wrist the day after getting a tattoo there. That said, assuming they were real, I can actually see how Grant wouldn't necessarily view that tattoo as such a huge deal that he absolutely wouldn't do it unless he was 100% sure. He's already got lots (apparently including, according to someone upthread, one for a former gf), so he may just view it as part of the story of his life etched on his body, or just getting another design to cover it up wouldn't be a big deal to him. She, on the other hand, having never had one before and not seeming to enjoy the process of getting it, would be much more likely to feel like if she's going to put it there, she better damn well be sure about it. I think the two different mindsets of what the tattoos mean could contribute to their confusion. Either way, good luck, yo two crazy kids. I hope she can grow up a little and quit dragging him through the emotional wringer all the time.

• Love 2

"Sure, you don't get the enormous freebie ring that way, but does anyone actually want to wear any of those godawful things? Honestly?

ALL those women do want the enormous ring! That is half the reason they are on these shows.

They get engaged so we will all be talking about them. That is the other half of the reason they are on these shows.

Just look at the small % of people from all these Bach shows that have gotten married. They aren't even serious about these proposals anymore!  They are just expected.

Edited by Vinyasa
31 minutes ago, kingshearte said:

I'm pretty sure it was "fuck," because he couldn't think of any more lines for his little poem.

Meanwhile, I was shouting, "gnarly!" at Evan through the tv screen. He fucked it up, though.

• Love 5

She, on the other hand, having never had one before and not seeming to enjoy the process of getting it, would be much more likely to feel like if she's going to put it there, she better damn well be sure about it.

Lace has a tattoo on her ring finger. Not the best look with the big diamond ring.

Not sure if she has other tattoos.

• Love 1

Lace has a tattoo on her ring finger. Not the best look with the big diamond ring.

I noticed that, and it made me wonder if she had been married or engaged in the past.   It seems like a ring tattoo on your left ring finger would signify a commitment of some sort, right? 

21 minutes ago, Canada said:

Why was Grant wearing his denim capris under his bathrobe when he was in bed with Lace?  Such a bizarre look.

Maybe he was going commando, so he didn't have any underwear to put on under the bathrobe. And now I need brain bleach after typing this.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 4

So let me get this straight.  After only a few weeks of dating they had to get engaged?

Well, if you call laying around a beach with other people "dating" then yes!

Amanda's ex husband filed a new custody suit and said she was there June 4-20 so 17 days and she was one of first there (I think).

In the meantime, Josh is posting "dad" pictures (as he calls them) with her kids. Note to Josh, you are not their "dad" or "step dad". You are someone Mommy is playing house with.

• Love 20

Eighteen days is like 18-36 dates, though. The couples do nothing else but explore their relationships all day.

I think that ends up being equivalent to 6 weeks to 3 months of solid dating in the real world. Getting engaged that quickly is risky but does work out at least some of the time.

The Bachelor/ette may seem like more time, but the contestants barely get any time with the lead.

• Love 4

That's why I think of engagement on this show as "Bachelor-engaged".  It means - we like each other, so let's keep dating and see how this holds up in the real world.  We'll date, get to know each other, maybe eventually move in together.  We'll be in magazines! Featured on Entertainment shows!  And if we DO decide to really get married, then the bonus is that the ring is already paid for!  (and we might be able to get ABC to foot the bill for a televised wedding)

AND - they're not strangers to each other.  It seems that a number of people on this show socialize, attend Bachelor events/parties, and interact with each other on social media.  That stuff isn't mentioned much, the impression they want the audience to have is that they've only seen each other on TV.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, backformore said:

That's why I think of engagement on this show as "Bachelor-engaged".  It means - we like each other, so let's keep dating and see how this holds up in the real world.  We'll date, get to know each other, maybe eventually move in together. 

I wish that was the case. Josh has been living with Amanda and her kids for a month already, which I find kind of appalling. What kind of a responsible parent moves their TV/long-distance boyfriend (I refuse to say fiancé) of two months in with her two young children? She really is a Teen Mom. And now he's posting pics and snaps of the kids all over SM like he's their dad. They already have a dad! Josh is such an egotistical idiot. I really can't stand him.

• Love 11
On 9/8/2016 at 0:53 PM, Vinyasa said:

Not sure if she has other tattoos.

Now that you mention it, I think I had noticed it before. I didn't register it this time (wasn't exactly paying super close attention), and just assumed based on her stating that she doesn't like tattoos and shrieking about the pain that she'd never had one. I think my overall point, that Grant may be a little blasé about them, still stands, though, based on how many he has.

My final thoughts on some of the contestants on this season:

Nick Viall-I didn't like this guy when he initially appeared on The Bachelorette, but he had a great summer and was the biggest winner this season. He didn't end up falling in love or getting engaged and, therefore, won't have to deal with the inevitable breakups that Evan and Carly, Josh and Amanda, and Lace and Grant will have to endure. He somehow managed to parlay this BIP gig into a lead role on The Bachelor. That's unprecedented. The best you can hope for on BIP is to extend your 15 minutes of fame and this will do that for Nick. The other contestants will have a more difficult time staying relevant in the public even as "D" list celebrities. There's a lot of talk about how much of a loser Nick was for going on The Bachelorette and getting runner-up twice, but he had to have a good strategy to get to the finale twice and managed to sleep with 2 bachelorettes. That doesn't sound like losing to me. IMO he's the best player this game show has ever seen. He's played whatever role producers have asked of him flawlessly. He's been the good guy, villain, narrator, etc., and he seems to know the right thing to do in every situation i.e. the waterworks when breaking up with Jen. Nick could put on a clinic for the rest of the amateurs on this show. He's on my Bachelor Mt. Rushmore with Mesnick, Pavelka, and Bukowski, and I'm overjoyed that he is finally being rewarded with The Bachelor gig. It should be a great season with Nick at the helm.

Carly Waddell-WTF? EVAN? How on Earth did disgusting Evan end up with the best woman on this show? Carly was so in love that she was beaming. I haven't seen someone glow so much since Carly with Kirk last season. Most people look constipated when they're in love, but Carly couldn't stop smiling to the point where it started to annoy me. Hopefully this ends better for her. I wonder what flipped the switch for her in regards to Evan. I know they clicked at the hospital, but it's almost as if Evan cast a spell on her. Evan is so gross and weird, and she went from being absolutely repulsed by him (which seemed like the right instinct) to wanting to get married and have an instant family. I don't get it. She's attractive, funny, and smart. She can surely do better than Evan. I understand leading on someone to stay in the game, but there seem to be real feelings there and I will be forever mystified.

Evan Bass-There's nothing I hate more on these Bachelor shows than parents. I always give the side eye when parents on this show say how important their kids are to them. I don't believe any good parent would appear on a booze-fueled sex romp like BIP because they would be too busy being parents to their kids. Amanda seems to take more crap for appearing on these shows than Evan does. Evan has a 15-year-old, so he was a teen dad. I guess it's commendable that he was able to rise above that to become a Erectile Dysfunctional Doctor, but he should be at home trying to raise his kids. As much as he annoys me, he did deliver the best proposal I've seen on this franchise with the classy "will you freaking marry me?" But for the life of me I don't get how this guy lasted past the first round of eliminations.

Amanda Stanton-She has gotten on my nerves from the very beginning. It's not just that's she a parent that annoys me. It's her voice and her featherbrain. Some people just look dumb, and there just appears to be nothing going on upstairs with this one. This is only validated by her picking Josh to partner with even after Andi's book allegations, the villain edit, and his apparent anger management issue. 

Josh Murray-I can relate to Josh. I've had a permasweat going all summer too. It's a rough way to live. I can only imagine how rough it must've been for him growing up in hot and humid Florida. No wonder he resembles an orange. Watching his white wringable shirt get drenched during the proposal was one of the best moments this season. I don't know how Amanda can deal with it. Josh has always seemed so polished to me that he almost has to be a douche in real life. I don't hate him or anything. I think he was just playing the villain role the producers requested of him. He probably got a few more bucks for performing that role. They went to town with his edit with the excessive moaning sounds during his makeout sessions with Amanda and pizza. And they might have even added the sweating considering how contrived everything is on this show. I actually think Josh has taken the high road with the whole Andi situation. I'm sure he has some dirt on her too, but he hasn't revealed it. I think the appeal of Amanda for Josh would be that she's the anti-Andi. Amanda won't challenge her in a way that Andi might have. She appears to be a doormat, but she's nothing like Dorfman. 

Caila Quinn-Caila is one of my faves and will always be a hit with the guys at any Bachelor function she attends. She seems to be a nice, natural beauty and that's so rare on this show. Maybe it's editing, but I've never seen her badmouth anybody. She is perceived at fake, but I think she's just a positive person. She also doesn't really have a personality and is extremely wishy washy, but it gets a pass because of her gorgeous mane. I doubt we'll see her again. I think her along with Lamp Guy, Vinny, and Wells are the true winners on this show since they had enough dignity to walk away on their own. Jared was smart to follow her, but he needs to cut ties with Ashley I. like Wells wisely did.

Lacey and Grant-Well, this should be an unstable relationship. When your best case scenario is an appearance on Marriage Boot Camp, you know you're in for a rocky road. I think this relationship will be over the quickest. A classy tattoo like "Grace" pretty much guarantees that a relationship will end.

It was a great season. I just wish Chad would've stayed on longer to insult Chris Harrison some more. Daniel and the Twins were hilarious. Izzy came out looking like the biggest loser of the season, and that's saying something with this crusty bunch.

Edited by jmonkey
  • Love 7

Evan Bass-There's nothing I hate more on these Bachelor shows than parents. I always give the side eye when parents on this show say how important their kids are to them. I don't believe any good parent would appear on a booze-fueled sex romp like BIP because they would be too busy being parents to their kids. Amanda seems to take more crap for appearing on these shows than Evan does. Evan has a 15-year-old, so he was a teen dad. I guess it's commendable that he was able to rise above that to become a Erectile Dysfunctional Doctor, but he should be at home trying to raise his kids. As much as he annoys me, he did deliver the best proposal I've seen on this franchise with the classy "will you freaking marry me?" But for the life of me I don't get how this guy lasted past the first round of eliminations.

Amanda Stanton-She has gotten on my nerves from the very beginning. It's not just that's she a parent that annoys me. It's her voice and her featherbrain. Some people just look dumb, and there just appears to be nothing going on upstairs with this one. This is only validated by her picking Josh to partner with even after Andi's book allegations, the villain edit, and his apparent anger management issue. 

I agree, but I think that Amanda gets more grief about her kids because her kids are young, and because they live with her.   I don't think Evan is the primary caretaker for his kids, I thought they lived with their mom(s).   An older kid can take a parent being away for a while.  Toddlers and preschoolers, not so much. 

What bothered me most about this show was when a bunch of guys leave because they didn't get a rose, then girls join the show, and there's nobody to date because everybody is in a couple.  What a stupid way to run the show. 

• Love 6
23 hours ago, backformore said:

I agree, but I think that Amanda gets more grief about her kids because her kids are young, and because they live with her.   I don't think Evan is the primary caretaker for his kids, I thought they lived with their mom(s).   An older kid can take a parent being away for a while.  Toddlers and preschoolers, not so much. 

What bothered me most about this show was when a bunch of guys leave because they didn't get a rose, then girls join the show, and there's nobody to date because everybody is in a couple.  What a stupid way to run the show. 

I was wondering about this.  In the TMZ article about her husband suing for more custody or whatever, I thought it said that he also wants her to pay more child-support.   know that child-support is based on many things, but in California, a non-custodial parent does not get child support.  So they have to be at least 50/50 and she would have to have been making more money than him when their agreement was originally struck in order for her to be paying him.  Interesting.

I was under the impression that Amanda and her kids lived with her parents.  At least it seems that there are plenty of adults around to monitor the situation, because I never got the impression that Amanda could make a good decision on what to order for lunch, much less on what's best for her kids.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, JenMcSnark said:

I was wondering about this.  In the TMZ article about her husband suing for more custody or whatever, I thought it said that he also wants her to pay more child-support.   know that child-support is based on many things, but in California, a non-custodial parent does not get child support.  So they have to be at least 50/50 and she would have to have been making more money than him when their agreement was originally struck in order for her to be paying him.  Interesting.

According to this article, Amanda officially has the kids 65% of the time and her ex the other 35%, but the ex now wants an even 50/50 split. And he's not asking her for child support, just asking to reduce the payments he makes to her, because (a) she makes a lot of money now from her Instagram shilling, and (b) the children are with him while she's off filming reality TV. Not unreasonable, in my opinion.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

According to this article, Amanda officially has the kids 65% of the time and her ex the other 35%, but the ex now wants an even 50/50 split. And he's not asking her for child support, just asking to reduce the payments he makes to her, because (a) she makes a lot of money now from her Instagram shilling, and (b) the children are with him while she's off filming reality TV. Not unreasonable, in my opinion.

Thanks Chocolatine.  I hadn't seen that article and I agree he's being perfectly reasonable.  I really hope he is granted what he asks for. 

• Love 4

Kid on the left:  When mom said we get to go to Disneyland, I thought we were actually going to go on rides, not just take pictures!

Kid on right:  Quit complaining,  At least you got Minnie ears! I'm about to slide off these sweaty shoulders.

• Love 8

Are they capable of taking any other kind of picture? There's something disturbing about two little kids being so close to the "action", especially since the man is not their daddy and they've only known him for two months.

And on a shallow note, it squicks me out how Amanda dresses her girls like miniature versions of Bachelor contestants. Red lace dresses and gladiator sandals for toddlers spending a day in Disneyland?!?! I can see that she name-checks the brand of the dresses - way to pimp out your children, Amanda.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 16
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

Paid advertising, perhaps?

That's exactly what that is.   There is one of Carly and Evan, where she's gushing about their love and such, and in the next breath tells you where to buy the dress she's wearing and a code to use.  I get making what is pretty good and almost passive income, but don't try to get me to buy your love story.   It's all monetized.   

• Love 5

Red lace dresses go well with the stickiness of giant lollipops, right?  

And gladiator sandals hold up to traipsing around Disneyland.

Amanda's ex should get custody.  She's using those kids for her own fame and money.  They are props in the photos of the Amanda and Josh story, which I assume they are thinking will develop into a reality show.  

Barf.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, Losemynumber said:

Not perhaps. Nauseating  

Yeah, my "perhaps" was sarcastic, they'll do whatever they need to do to stay "relevant".  Those poor kids do not look like they are liking those shoes at all!

• Love 4

I just accidentally clicked on modernechild when I was looking at the picture. So she's pimping out her daughters too. They're modeling their clothing so are they getting paid? Isn't there some sort of Jackie Coogan law for child models? If so, she better be putting the girl's money in their own accounts lest she piss off papa bear more than he already is. I know I wouldn't take payment for my child's image for my own use. The daughters are "working" every time they're put through one of those photo shoots. Any money she's getting is theirs. For fuck's sake I hope the father of those girls watches her like a hawk. 

• Love 11

It said in the custody fight article it said she is living in an apartment now and that Amanda makes $5,000 per instagram sponsored image and about 20-50 grand a month while he is paying her 2 grand in child support as their current agreement assumes a $100.00 (yes one freakin' hundred!) a month income!.

As for the pics, it's double appalling that they used that same 'see?? we STILL can't stop sucking each others faces even for a second to take a picture' pose. And that is the most rediculous pair of shoes I've ever seen for kids, especially those that are supposed to be running around Disneyland ffs.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Are they capable of taking any other kind of picture? There's something disturbing about two little kids being so close to the "action", especially since the man is not their daddy and they've only known him for two months.

And on a shallow note, it squicks me out how Amanda dresses her girls like miniature versions of Bachelor contestants. Red lace dresses and gladiator sandals for toddlers spending a day in Disneyland?!?! I can see that she name-checks the brand of the dresses - way to pimp out your children, Amanda.

It IS getting old, at least to me.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TVGlow said:

How does Amanda S. have so many followers on Instagram? Nearly 900K. I haven't found a former contestant with more, (not counting leads).

I'm guessing she bought them, based on the ratio of "likes" on photo to followers. A lot of times, you get a sponsorship (or a higher asking price) based on the number of followers you have. However, you can't buy likes or comments, so the easiest way to tell is by looking at the number of likes or comments on a photo as compared to the number of followers.  I just clicked on a few, and for someone with 881,000 followers, getting 150 comments and less than 25k likes on a photo is a pretty small ratio. I would be shocked if she didn't purchase a large amount to up her sponsorships.  

I did notice her photos with Josh usually have double the likes and comments of her other photos, so he might have a lot of genuine followers that he brings over.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Princess Sparkle said:

I'm guessing she bought them, based on the ratio of "likes" on photo to followers. A lot of times, you get a sponsorship (or a higher asking price) based on the number of followers you have. However, you can't buy likes or comments, so the easiest way to tell is by looking at the number of likes or comments on a photo as compared to the number of followers.  I just clicked on a few, and for someone with 881,000 followers, getting 150 comments and less than 25k likes on a photo is a pretty small ratio. I would be shocked if she didn't purchase a large amount to up her sponsorships. 

If that's true, then it's true for a lot of Bachelor-land contestants. Kaitlyn gets a similar number of likes, and she has 1.5 million followers and a much more interesting account.

I see three all day suckers in that pic.  Heh

.I don't think I've ever seen those little girls smile, not with Mommy's men friends and not even with new lollipops.  What  a shame for Amanda's purposes, that her two girls have inherited her frozen face and make terrible models. Snerk.

• Love 1

How stupid was that?!! So everybody gets engaged?!! One couple got engaged last season so some genius producer decided that on this season, EVERYBODY had to do it, regardless of how ridiculous it was? Puh-lease!!! What kind of odds would you put on ANY of those vapid airheads making it? 

Carly and Evan bothered me the most. She vomited after kissing the guy, then told everyone within earshot how horrible a kisser he was, and yet, she ended up engaged to him.

Yeah...that'll last.

I've got an idea for a follow-up show: Divorce Lawyer in Paradise, dispensing Margaritas and final decrees. 

They'd better not do that shit next year. For an already dumb show, even this was an all-time low!

• Love 7
On 9/7/2016 at 0:17 AM, GracieK said:

Josh reminds me of quintessential douchebag from one of my favorite movies.. Shag.  He looks, sounds and acts just like that character!

fff4dc652f668a85a4ba122c7e7c749d.jpg

I knew that was Robert Rusler without cheating on IMDB first ;)  He was also a similar smug SOB in 'Weird Science' with one Robert Downey Jr.