Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Week 6, Night 2

• Start Topic

The Amanda/Josh/kids  pic never should have been shown on TV. 

So help me get this straight

-Josh and Amanda are on the desert island in Mexico with nothing else to do for 18 days but lust over each other with no A/C

-Did they go on any dates other than the last night with the FS?

-They get engaged before her kids even know he exists

-Was she married before? Divorced with two little kids before age 26?

I should have paid more attention to her, but it wasn't worth my time. Guess Josh really wants that People magazine cover!

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

The way Carly kept mentioning Kirk and the fact that she sometimes seems to be laughing at Evan not with him, makes me wonder how serious she is. I get a weird vibe that she is just pretending. I don't mind Josh and Amanda and hope they make it; then again I also wouldn't mind someone saying they would teach my kids soccer. And i don't agree that Amanda is already a soccer mom; I think she rarely sees her kids in her quest for fame/marriage. She still has time though to be more involved. Lace and Grant seemed to be drunk the whole time and I couldn't judge Lace's prettiness with the heavy, heavy lashes and matted hair. I think they will sober up and regret some things. I have no idea at all why they went ahead with the fake scenes of Nick picking out rings and crying when we all knew he had zero interest in proposing to Jen.

I really want them to bring back bachelor pad. This show is too boring in some places and too serious in others. There is no reason why people can't just leave the island together rather than getting engaged. It looks like they up the ante every season. Next year a baby will need to be conceived on the island! I think it is possible some of these couples will last but forcing people into a leave or get engaged scenario is pretty lame. 

I agree with you on the show format---and lets face it, the folks who come in early basically get to form a relationship, so a lot of the couples are sort of producer picked--the folks who come on later have their choice of maybe 1 or 2 people? and LOL yep a baby will be next. bachelor Pad was definitely more entertaining:)

2 minutes ago, Vinyasa said:

The Amanda/Josh/kids  pic never should have been shown on TV. 

So help me get this straight

-Josh and Amanda are on the desert island in Mexico with nothing else to do for 18 days but lust over each other with no A/C

-Did they go on any dates other than the last night with the FS?

-They get engaged before her kids even know he exists

-Was she married before? Divorced with two little kids before age 26?

I should have paid more attention to her, but it wasn't worth my time. Guess Josh really wants that People magazine cover!

he does really seem to care for her but yeah, her stats are terrible....and as young as her kids are, 2 dating shows in less than a year...but yet she really seems like such a sweet girl, I cant help but like her and root for her, there are so many mean girls on this franchise but she is not one of them.

• Love 3

I'm firmly on the Evan/Carly train.  I think they have a great chance of making it.  

Whoever upthread mentioned Bachelor Pad, I agree.  I couldn't remember the name of the show, but iirc, all of the contestants showed up on the first day.  That seems like a more interesting premise than having random people show up and get voted off on their first day.  

• Love 6

That poor kid sitting on Josh's shoulders in the picture is going to need a bath to get all the sweat and hair gel off her skin and clothes.  Probably the first toddler in history to actually request  bathtime!

• Love 16

Can you imagine how explosive the Bachelor announcement would have been if they did that bit with Nick at the end of that montage and then announced it as the final moment of the season? I understand they wanted time to cast for him, but it was just the BIGGEST missed opportunity! I would have jumped off the couch! I mean, surely they could have just pushed back filming a week or something? They would have finally had their "shocking" finale. But sure, Fleiss, I guess doing it on Twitter was almost as cool. *eye roll*

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, jade.black said:

Can you imagine how explosive the Bachelor announcement would have been if they did that bit with Nick at the end of that montage and then announced it as the final moment of the season? I understand they wanted time to cast for him, but it was just the BIGGEST missed opportunity! I would have jumped off the couch! I mean, surely they could have just pushed back filming a week or something? They would have finally had their "shocking" finale. But sure, Fleiss, I guess doing it on Twitter was almost as cool. *eye roll*

You know, I've been wondering why they announced early, and I wonder if it's because producers wanted to finally get the jump on Reality Steve.  Because he had said there was a 0% chance Nick would be the bachelor, and after he had spoiled so many seasons, I'm sure producers jumped at the chance to prove his info was wrong.  If they waited the extra week, I'm sure it would've been reported by RS.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GracieK said:

As an example.. I find this less convincing... #MyNewFamily.  Really?  That just rubs me the wrong way.

Screen Shot 2016-09-07 at 8.47.37 AM.png

I was hoping they would spend more time with their lips separated, but by the looks of these girls, that's not happening.  And Amanda could actually, I don't know, brush the hair of the one on the right, but that would cut into her camera ready full made-up and perfect hair look.  I'm sort of kidding, but not really.  These little girls have had such turbulence in their short lives.  They're probably surprised each time they wake up and see mommy or even daddy. 

• Love 8
  3 hours ago, GracieK said:

As an example.. I find this less convincing... #MyNewFamily.  Really?  That just rubs me the wrong way.

I was hoping they would spend more time with their lips separated, but by the looks of these girls, that's not happening.  And Amanda could actually, I don't know, brush the hair of the one on the right, but that would cut into her camera ready full made-up and perfect hair look.  I'm sort of kidding, but not really.  These little girls have had such turbulence in their short lives.  They're probably surprised each time they wake up and see mommy or even daddy. 

wow that is sad, never thought about it until you expressed it like that :(

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Vinyasa said:

Josh really thinks he is ready for this 'package deal" with two kids? or he just wasn't going to leave the Neal Lane diamond on the street?

Well ET online is reporting that Josh & Amanda have broken up a couple of times since filming ended so I'm guessing having that instant family wasn't as easy as Josh thought.     Amanda was a fool to accept him without first thinking of the long term consequences for her daughters but when a Neal Lane diamond is in play, all rational thought goes bye-bye.  

• Love 7

Well, that's a wrap on a completely enjoyable summer show. Even though we do not know if any of these couples will make it to their ABC-sponsored wedding of a lifetime, we have come a long way since season one of BIP, when the only romantic success story to come out of it was the engagement of dead-eyed Marcus and squeaky-voice Lacey.  Last season, they even staged a faux-wedding between the two of them, but that was all pre-Jade and Tanner 4ever! 

Now the possibility of finding true love, like Jade and Tanner, makes coming to Paradise much more exciting, and hence I think the couples are more open to getting engaged and seeing if it sticks afterwards.  

I still don't see WHY Carly loves Evan. Has she ever said? I want them to break up. Sorry, I know they have their fans. Lace and Grant may last ... she is emotional and he is up for that. That seems to be her best hope for a lasting relationship, getting a guy that likes a challenge. I hope they stay together. Josh and Amanda? I hope I never see Josh on my tv again. And, I want them to break up.

Now we have to wait until January for Nick's stint at the Bachelor.  

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

I still don't see WHY Carly loves Evan. Has she ever said?

See, for me, it is almost impossible to give definite reasons for why one person loves another person. Love is a feeling and it's hard to express with descriptive words. Like "he's kind, he's a good listener, blah blah," you could be describing a friend, a family member, hell, an acquaintance even. I think Carly loves Evan because of how he makes her feel. I suspect there aren't a whole lot of men in her romantic past who have made her feel so utterly adored.

• Love 11

Other than Jason Mesnick, have any of these bachelors/bachelorettes gotten engaged to anyone with kids also from the bach shows?

Brad and Jef (with one f) to Emily.  Evan/Carly (too new to track) Anyone else?

Josh is really the last person I see with two ready made kids.  I need to watch his proposal to Andi and compare it to the one to Amanda, which I didn't watch. Did he propose love to the kids?

Edited by Vinyasa
38 minutes ago, Vinyasa said:

Other than Jason Mesnick, have any of these bachelors/bachelorettes gotten engaged to anyone with kids?

Brad and Jef (with one f) to Emily.  Evan/Carly (too new to track) Anyone else?

Josh is really the last person I see with two ready made kids.  I need to watch his proposal to Andi and compare it to the one to Amanda, which I didn't watch. Did he propose love to the kids?

tony from emily's season and bp3 was engaged to that las vegas waitress for a hot sec.

tony from emily's season and bp3 was engaged to that las vegas waitress for a hot sec.

Was she from any bach show?

I'm trying to count  people with kids that go on Bach shows (Jason, Emily, Amanda etc)  and find their love on a Bach show (before the Neal Lane ring goes back)!

17 hours ago, bosawks said:

Josh was such a sweaty mess I was actually concerned that Amanda might drown.

Wasn't he a sweaty mess when he proposed to Andi?

No wait, that was Rahberdo when he proposed to Ali.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Vinyasa said:

I'm trying to count  people with kids that go on Bach shows (Jason, Emily, Amanda etc)  and find their love on a Bach show (before the Neal Lane ring goes back)!

Yes, that was Blakeley from Ben Flapjack's season. She was a "cocktail waitress", but some people referred to her as a stripper. She got together with Tony, the crying single dad from Emily's season, on Bachelor Pad, and even though that show wasn't aiming for engagements, Tony proposed to her on the aftershow. IIRC, she picked up her life and moved across the country for him, but the engagement fizzled out very quickly.

Edited by chocolatine
apparently, there was a Neil Lane ring after all
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Vinyasa said:

Um, I was blanking on her name but yes, Blakely! or I wouldnt have mentioned it. Tony proposed with a NL ring so it fit your criteria. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, GracieK said:

It should read #OurFamewhoringfamily.

I never understood Amanda's reason for dating with two children under the age of five. 

Josh doesn't get it. It's all about his ego. He's not in love. He's in heat. Their relationship is/was as real as Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's. Heck, maybe he should call Taylor. She's looking for a new man to be her beard date.

• Love 3

I get it 100% that Josh and Amanda will do anything to stay relevant and snag a People mag photo shoot.

It is a different ball of wax with two little kids involved. While they think that makes them more relevant to have the kids, it isn't helping those kids. Leave the pics of the kids out of it until you show a wedding pic of all four of you. (I know, don't hold your breath)

PS- Didn't Josh get a People mag photo shoot professing his love to Andi?

• Love 6

To me it was obvious TPTB don't like Josh at all. When he first came to Paradise and met up with CH, editors gave his shiny white teeth a Photoshop star dazzle gleam when he smiled. Then all the eating pizza scenes interspersed with kissing Amanda, the lips-stuck-together PDA make-out scenes that caused everyone to stare and comment, the groans and moans during his kissing scenes, even up to the very end of this episode, the "bad boy" edit while Nick got the redemption edit, the sweaty comments other people made about him ... it all speaks to how producers felt about Josh. They felt pretty much the same as I do. Josh = Big Jerk. I wish Andi all the best!

• Love 7

57d00d931458a_ScreenShot2016-09-07at8_47

Kid on the left is saying "Finally, Mommy is back,   I hope she stays this time.  who is this guy and when is their playdate going to be over?"

Kid on the right is saying "This asshole thinks I'm going to play soccer, yeah right!"

Edited by backformore
edited for clarity
  • Love 16

Lace: "If we don't leave here engaged, I don't think our relationship will last."

Lace, you're an idiot.

However, if the couples get to keep the ring (i.e. sell it and split the money) why NOT get "engaged"? I mean, there's no contract saying they have to get married.  (Same reason I don't understand the heartbreak if things don't work out in Paradise. If you want to keep dating later, or get in touch with someone you liked but didn't get to know on the show, nothing's stopping you in real life.)

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Padma said:

Lace: "If we don't leave here engaged, I don't think our relationship will last."

Lace, you're an idiot.

However, if the couples get to keep the ring (i.e. sell it and split the money) why NOT get "engaged"? I mean, there's no contract saying they have to get married.

No, but there is a contract that says they have to give the ring back if the engagement is broken in less than two years. At least, I remember Chris Harrison saying that about the Bachelor/Bachelorette, when the entertainment press was asking questions about whether Emily would get to keep the $150,000 ring Jef Holm gave her, so I expect the same would go for BIP participants.

What would they do without Neil and his rings?  Would there be true love like this?

Josh to Andi : My life changed forever from the moment I pulled up in that limo. I saw you in front of that mansion. You took my breath away . It was a feeling unlike I felt before in my entire life."

Josh to Amanda: 'I walked down those steps the first day and I saw you and my life totally changed forever. I never really knew what true love was - I thought I did in the past but I didn't – until I met you.'

Wow- his life changed forever both times!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3777933/Josh-Murray-proposed-Amanda-Stanton-85-000-diamond-ring-Bachelor-Paradise-finale.html

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 9

Did anyone also notice that immediately after proposing, Josh pointed out how many diamonds were on the ring he'd gotten her? As if he just wanted to make sure she'd noticed.

I actually was happy for Lace, even if this thing doesn't last. She's just such an insecure mess, it was nice to see her for two seconds emotional for a happy reason. Although I did see her in bed the morning after the fantasy suite crying into her morning wine and thought, "Maybe that's why you have so many issues." At least Grant knows what he's getting into judging by his comments about loving her when she's stubborn and loving her when she's screaming at him.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, backformore said:

Kid on the left is saying "Finally, Mommy is back,   I hope she stays this time.  who is this guy and when is their playdate going to be over?"

Kid on the right is saying "This asshole thinks I'm going to play soccer, yeah right!"

And who is taking the photo? They dragged a photographer along on their "family-time date"? 

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, jade.black said:

Did anyone also notice that immediately after proposing, Josh pointed out how many diamonds were on the ring he'd gotten her? As if he just wanted to make sure she'd noticed.

I actually was happy for Lace, even if this thing doesn't last. She's just such an insecure mess, it was nice to see her for two seconds emotional for a happy reason. Although I did see her in bed the morning after the fantasy suite crying into her morning wine and thought, "Maybe that's why you have so many issues." At least Grant knows what he's getting into judging by his comments about loving her when she's stubborn and loving her when she's screaming at him.

That was so stupid about the ring.  He didn't buy it so it's not even like she could think, wow he loves me so much he got me this huge gaudy ring!  He just picked one from a row of five choices.

How long after the show ended did Josh move in? I feel so bad for her kids who must have been so confused at her mother coming home with a stranger who moved in weeks later.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, poopchute said:

That was so stupid about the ring.  He didn't buy it so it's not even like she could think, wow he loves me so much he got me this huge gaudy ring!  He just picked one from a row of five choices.

How long after the show ended did Josh move in? I feel so bad for her kids who must have been so confused at her mother coming home with a stranger who moved in weeks later.

I think Josh has moved in only within the last month.  So roughly two months from when the show ended.  Right after the show, everyone wanted to move to Atlanta, but I suspect that was shut down by the ex.  Moving to Orange County is a new development.

11 hours ago, GracieK said:

Is Amanda's hair blonder? Jesus...personally not into the crazy non-natural platinum blonde thing (unless someone is super cool and can pull it off in a stylistic sort of way). I feel like a lot of Blondes in the media go blonder and blonder, when the medium tones look much nicer. Anyway, off topic, sorry!

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, lightbeam said:

Is Amanda's hair blonder? Jesus...personally not into the crazy non-natural platinum blonde thing (unless someone is super cool and can pull it off in a stylistic sort of way). I feel like a lot of Blondes in the media go blonder and blonder, when the medium tones look much nicer. Anyway, off topic, sorry!

I definitely think she had it lightened because it appeared that way on After Paradise.  I agree the more natural blonde with some lowlights looks so much better.  

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

More disturbingly, she seems to have bleached her daughters' hair. They had darker hair on the Bachelor hometown date.

will-ben-higgins-eliminate-amanda-stanton-because-she-has-kids.jpg

The girls may have spent a lot of time outside this summer.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, backformore said:

Haha- yes!!!

Funny these two image obsessed people chose this one. Ultimately we have two people kissing with two children with man buns looking bored on shoulders. Can you imagine the ones on the cutting floor?  

Edited by KnoxForPres
Think I made up a word
  • Love 5

and I noticed Nick (I think) only got three choices. So choosing later -- you lose buddy! Kind of tacky. Can't they all get the same set of 5 to choose from?

Hopefully when he is picking a ring next on The Bachelor, the ring selection will have increased.

Jen's ring is now returned and either Laces, Carly's or Amanda's ring could be back in Neil's collection, just in time for another proposal.

3 hours ago, chocolatine said:

More disturbingly, she seems to have bleached her daughters' hair. They had darker hair on the Bachelor hometown date.

will-ben-higgins-eliminate-amanda-stanton-because-she-has-kids.jpg

I think it's how the family picture was processed.  The girls have darker hair in much more recent Instagram photos.  Overprocessing the photo + summer blonde.

• Love 1