Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Week 6, Night 1

• Start Topic

I feel like Wells wasn't 100% into any of his choices so production told him to keep Ashley and he wants to stay in the "family" so he agreed. Then, in talking with the guys, he realized this was not going to end well. He either deflowers Ashley and becomes her no obsession or he has to turn her down as she is trying to sex him up and she flies off the handle and he becomes the biggest villain since Caila. Either way, Wells choosing Ashley over adorable Jami made him a lot less attractive to me. Glad he didn't end up bachelor like I was originally hoping. (I'm so fickle lol)

I am so, so glad that Vinnie held his ground. Izzy never would have been calling him if she hadn't gotten dumped by the "hot" guy. (I don't get it, but she seems to think Lamp is the bees knees.)

I had to crack up when Nick pretty much said "when I'm into someone I show it" moments after "I am putting up walls with you for, um, reasons". Yeah, that reason is, he's just not into you Jen. I can kind of see why. She's lovely to look at but seems a bit bland and slightly needy with her need for him to say he is falling for her after  one date and a couple days of hanging out, but in a much more subtle way than, say, Psycho Ashley who really does have the emotional intelligence of a 12 year old, and not one of these really world weary 12 year olds but a 1980's 12 year old who still plays with Barbies and cuts out pictures of wedding dresses and believes what results she gets from her Cosmo quizes.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

I think you mean onion ashley. the other ashlee was almost as crazy/frightening as Ashley I. i will never forget that serial killer look she gave Sean when he let her go at the rose ceremony during his season.

9 minutes ago, thehepburn said:

Ashlee MIGHT have been quiet for a half sec. She had her meltdown in Episode 1.

Nope, I did mean Ashlee because I obviously did not recall she went crazy on Grant and Claire. I just remember the way she had abandonment issues from being adopted and made Sean do some trust thing blindfolding her. But, really, lookswise she reminds me of Amanda, or maybe Amanda looks like she should be an Ashley. Regardless, my point was that little cabbage isn't the only one to call Amanda Ashley, lol.

1 hour ago, backformore said:

Yes, Ashley's makeup was weird.

At one point it looked like she had a big scar on her left cheek near her cheekbone. Was it her concealer betraying her or just sliding about in the heat?

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 1

Ashley's make up looks like she put her finger in an ashtray and used ashes as contouring shade. It was way to dark and black for her skin coloring. It looked like dirt rubbed on her face.

I don't get the foundation baloney to begin with. It looks awful and so unnatural. It ruins your skin and clogs up your pores. It's scary looking to guys from the way they always seem to gravitate to the more natural women from the get go. 

Can you imagine smooching it up and tasting face makeup?

• Love 5

More shallowness- I've always really liked Nick but I'm going to need him to stop wearing Jennifer Grey's jean shorts from Dirty Dancing when he is the Bachelor. Grant can keep wearing his if he stays off my TV.

430bc7d38514d232388c764cc88d96a2.jpg

• Love 2

I also think it was the producers who asked Wells to pick Ashley.  I didn't see him have a real connection with any of the women, just like I didn't see a connection with JoJo.  I can't imagine Wells having a connection with anyone and I really think he needs to stay away from the Bachelor franchise from now on.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

At one point it looked like she had a big scar on her left cheek near her cheekbone. Was it her concealer betraying her or just sliding about in the heat?

It looks like the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Poured Creme. Let's all beware.

(The gray streaks start at 11:25.)

Edited by huahaha
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Canada said:

I also think it was the producers who asked Wells to pick Ashley.  I didn't see him have a real connection with any of the women, just like I didn't see a connection with JoJo.  I can't imagine Wells having a connection with anyone and I really think he needs to stay away from the Bachelor franchise from now on.

I smelled producer manipulation as well. He looked downright disgusted when he picked Ashley at the rose ceremony. When we saw him with Jami he seemed relaxed. My guess is that would have been his choice. But really, with one day left it was never gonna be some great love story with any of the women. Why did they bother bringing Chicken woman on?

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, mingming said:

More shallowness- I've always really liked Nick but I'm going to need him to stop wearing Jennifer Grey's jean shorts from Dirty Dancing when he is the Bachelor. Grant can keep wearing his if he stays off my TV.

430bc7d38514d232388c764cc88d96a2.jpg

lol, I think the stylist dress the lead so you might be lucky

I just wanna weigh in that I think Chris Harrison is the biggest freaking creeper on the planet. Mr. "I left my wife and am dating a former bachelorette". Barf. I just find him so completely gross. And that whole intro where he's tapping his glass for Jorge really rubs me the wrong way for some reason. /rant over 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, gator12 said:

Who is he dating?

Pretty sure the rumor is one Andi Dorfman, but they've both quasi-denied it.  They show up every once in awhile on each other's social media pics in date-like situations.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, huahaha said:

It looks like the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Poured Creme. Let's all beware.

A-ha!! Thanks for the detective work, I guess people should watch out doing the 'beachy glow' as even someone with a lighted makeup suitcase can get it wrong...

Edited by Wandering Snark
47 minutes ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

And that whole intro where he's tapping his glass for Jorge really rubs me the wrong way for some reason. /rant over 

Me too. If Isaac could have his own normal intro on the Love Boat, no reason Jorge can't. In fact, I think we need more of Jorge's perspective, perhaps in a "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead" style vignette. 

• Love 2

I would love a whole episode thats in Jorges perspective, where we see how crazy all of this is from an observer. 

I love how they always give Evan and Carly the quirkiest dates. Probably because they have enough personality to make them work. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, huahaha said:

It's not just Ashley, most YouTube makeup tutorials are completely over the top and use way too many products. I kinda want to troll all those makeup vloggers by doing a 1-minute video where I just put on some tinted moisturizer, clear brow gel, and lipstick, and call it "geek chic" or something like that.

• Love 4

Grant (with Lace in Sayulita): "We're out just doing normal couple stuff" as they window shop in a cute tourist town. So this is what being-together-in-real-life is? What about arguing about who stays home with the sick kid or waits for the dishwasher repair guy, or deals with a water heater flood, or how to handle annoying in-laws, or who cooks dinner and takes out the trash and cleans the cat litter box? Not to mention dealing with illness, job loss, and all those other pesky real life things. 

I love the concept of "real life" they have!

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

I just wanna weigh in that I think Chris Harrison is the biggest freaking creeper on the planet. Mr. "I left my wife and am dating a former bachelorette". Barf. I just find him so completely gross. And that whole intro where he's tapping his glass for Jorge really rubs me the wrong way for some reason. /rant over 

11 hours ago, gator12 said:

Who is he dating?

11 hours ago, Saytura said:

Pretty sure the rumor is one Andi Dorfman, but they've both quasi-denied it.  They show up every once in awhile on each other's social media pics in date-like situations.

There is always speculations about CH with an Ette that he has chemistry with. (I remember all the CH and Emily speculations.) But Andi would never go for CH. She likes a tight ass and nice pecs. I'm sure CH's is fine - for his age - but they are not up to Andi's standards.

16 hours ago, mingming said:

When I look at Lace I just picture what she's going to look like when she's older- it ain't pretty. Whoever tied those pieces of rat fur to her hair should lose their license. She looks like a trashy drunk.

Well, you know the saying, if the shoe fits & all that :)

I think Josh does sound pretty controlling, but I don't think he was so bad in the soccer conversation.  When Amanda said the kids were in dance & gymnastics, I swear I heard him say "that's great", and not in a sarcastic tone (at least not that I detected).  Then he mentioned getting them into soccer, but again I assumed he meant it in "as well as" and not "instead of" dance & gymnastics.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Princess Sparkle said:

And while she wasn't an official Bachlorette, wasn't there a rumor that he was dating AshLee from Sean's season?  I seem to remember that making the rounds a few months ago.

oh ewww never heard that one. Ashlee is just stunning, maybe one of the prettiest cast members ever but scary.

wonder what ever happened to the chick with the rotting eggs?

I think Josh does sound pretty controlling, but I don't think he was so bad in the soccer conversation.  When Amanda said the kids were in dance & gymnastics, I swear I heard him say "that's great", and not in a sarcastic tone (at least not that I detected).  Then he mentioned getting them into soccer, but again I assumed he meant it in "as well as" and not "instead of" dance & gymnastics.

Maybe, but it's rather presumptuous to talk about kids you haven't even met yet and suggest what sports they should do.   The conversation wasn't about the girls and their interests, it was about Josh.  HE is interested in coaching soccer, therefore Amanda's girls should join soccer.   He's going to move in with these kids.  He needs to show in an interest in the kids, and what they like to do, FIRST,  before even thinking about  what he wants them to do. 

• Love 7

But that's how young kids get involved with things, because their parents suggest it. Where I live, pretty much every kid age 4-7 plays soccer. It's not like he is suggesting tackle football. When my son was little we suggested different activities and if he didn't like them he didn't have to go. Most little kids like soccer since at that age it is mostly running around and having snacks.

• Love 3

Exactly, it sounded to me more like "maybe they'd like to try soccer & I could coach."  Could it be that it actually was about his ego?  Sure, it's possible, but I didn't get that vibe from what we were shown of the conversation.

• Love 5

I don't want to put words in Josh's mouth, so please correct me if I'm mistaken. But I THOUGHT that when he asked whether the girls played soccer and Amanda said no, but they do dance and gymnastics, that Josh said something like, "We'll fix that!" And then launched into how he'll be the soccer coach and she'd make a great soccer mom. To me it didn't sound like that maybe they'd ALSO like to try soccer, despite the fact that lots of young kids try all kinds of sports. At the very least, you'd think instead of immediately pushing HIS idea of a perfect sporty family activity, he'd take a minute to find out more about the girls: "Oh, cool! What's their best gymnastics moves? What kind of dance do they do? I can't wait to cheer them on at their meet/recital!" ANYTHING else besides "we'll fix that" and get them into the sport I want to coach!

• Love 3

Ashley looks like she has nice natural coloring and skin, she could probably go without makeup and look just fine. I do wear foundation and the whole nine yard sometimes so I don't fault her for wearing makeup, but hers just looks so sticky like her hair would stick to it and it would melt in hot weather.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I don't want to put words in Josh's mouth, so please correct me if I'm mistaken. But I THOUGHT that when he asked whether the girls played soccer and Amanda said no, but they do dance and gymnastics, that Josh said something like, "We'll fix that!" And then launched into how he'll be the soccer coach and she'd make a great soccer mom.

He talked about wanting to coach first, then asked Amanda if her daughters are into sports. When she said no, just dance and gymnastics, he said "Cool. We'll get them into it." Which is not as bad as "we'll fix that", but still doesn't take into consideration whether the girls would want to "get into it".

Since it sounds like they'll be staying in Amanda's hometown, with the girls' dad and Amanda's parents actively in their lives, I hope that someone checks Josh if he does try to force the girls to play a sport they don't like.

• Love 1

The problem I have with the soccer thing is that the way he said it was 100% about what he wanted. It wasn't about getting the girls active, or even about wanting to spend time with them really. It was about this perfect vision he has of him as a coach for his kids while his pretty blonde wife sits on the bleachers and cheers them on. He doesn't care if the girls want to actually play soccer or if Amanda has any interest in soccer, Josh wants to be a soccer dad so they are going to play soccer. This incident alone might not be so bad, just a bit tone deaf, but paired with all his other controlling behavior, telling Amanda who she can be friends with, waking her up to ask her if she's not sleeping with him that night then bitchily storming off when he doesn't get the answer he wants, staking claim to the sex room even though his sex partner went to her own room that night. The man is controlling, and an ass.

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, dleighg said:

And the girls are still really little aren't they? My (admittedly non-athletic) kids didn't start soccer until kindergarten or 1st grade. Of course they weren't doing gymnastics or dance then either!

I don't know about soccer, but it's not uncommon to start dance or gymnastics at three years old.

16 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

The problem I have with the soccer thing is that the way he said it was 100% about what he wanted. It wasn't about getting the girls active, or even about wanting to spend time with them really. It was about this perfect vision he has of him as a coach for his kids while his pretty blonde wife sits on the bleachers and cheers them on. He doesn't care if the girls want to actually play soccer or if Amanda has any interest in soccer, Josh wants to be a soccer dad so they are going to play soccer. This incident alone might not be so bad, just a bit tone deaf, but paired with all his other controlling behavior, telling Amanda who she can be friends with, waking her up to ask her if she's not sleeping with him that night then bitchily storming off when he doesn't get the answer he wants, staking claim to the sex room even though his sex partner went to her own room that night. The man is controlling, and an ass.

This is it exactly, and what makes him so alarming. Taken individually, a lot of things he's said/done are not so bad, or could be spun or interpreted in perfectly innocuous ways. When you add it all up, it starts to get disturbing, but you do have to be prepared to look at him and his behaviour overall, rather than just dismissing each individual incident. For her and her kids sake, I hope we're all wrong, but he definitely send up enough red flags that I certainly wouldn't take things any farther with him.

• Love 3

Amanda commented in that scene that her father had been her soccer coach. I'm not reading a control issue here--he's very athletic, he should bring that to the table, she must have liked her dad being her coach. Besides those kids will almost certainly have a different stepfather anyway.

• Love 3
On September 7, 2016 at 8:53 AM, thehepburn said:

There is always speculations about CH with an Ette that he has chemistry with. (I remember all the CH and Emily speculations.) But Andi would never go for CH. She likes a tight ass and nice pecs. I'm sure CH's is fine - for his age - but they are not up to Andi's standards.

His money might be up to her standards though. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, thehepburn said:

She doesnt need CH's money when she has daddy's which she is living off of.

She doesn't have to need it. If she's living off of daddy's money, she's already accustomed to a particular lifestyle. The richer the man, the more attractive he becomes. And don't forget the fame part. Even bad publicity is good for a famewhore. I don't know if she's dating him or not but I wouldn't put it past any bachelorette to date Chris Harrison. He's distinguished.

It really makes me sick that he has supposedly cheated on his wife for these girls. Douche alert.

I have a longstanding, completely indefensible crush on Chris Harrison. I think it's because I suspect that he's smart and snarky in real life (and this is backed up by some podcasts I've heard him on). That said, I LOATHE that intro with Jorge. It made me cringe every time I saw it. It's so offensive! "Fetch my champagne, inferior brown person!" But I don't blame CH for that. I think we can fault the director/producer. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Nowhere said:

She doesn't have to need it. If she's living off of daddy's money, she's already accustomed to a particular lifestyle. The richer the man, the more attractive he becomes. And don't forget the fame part. Even bad publicity is good for a famewhore. I don't know if she's dating him or not but I wouldn't put it past any bachelorette to date Chris Harrison. He's distinguished.

It really makes me sick that he has supposedly cheated on his wife for these girls. Douche alert.

Well, you may see the attraction but I doubt Andi does. I just finished her book and she prides herself on being attracted to the athletic type. 

I don't think for a second Wells wanted to pick Ashley. I'm calling producer intervention and I was so annoyed -- I was so sick of seeing her fucking face. I love that she got dumped but I never really believed she moved on for Jared, so meh.

Did anyone notice they clearly edited the show to change the timeframe when Shushana left? She left before Chris came to let everyone know the cocktail party was starting so they dubbed over Chris' voice to have him say three women would be going home, but he obviously really said two were going home. It's not good TV but credit to Shushana for being like "Fuck this." I liked that she said she wouldn't chase a guy and she wants a guy who knows he wants her.

I loved that Izzy got rejected by Vinny again. It's very noble, and ahem, convenient that you realized how much you liked Vinny after your preferred option dumped you, but man... Izzy came off looking horrible. Brett was never into her. And the blonde (Lauren?) seemed more Brett's type, but what is that accent she has? Haha.

So, Lace and Grant were dating before the show started, right? That's what I've come to assume based on how they reacted after she hooked up with Chad -- they acted like they had some preexisting relationship before she hooked up with Chad when Lace hooked up with Chad on the first day. I really hope they didn't get tattoos after three weeks of knowing each other. I really hope.

The show can try to sell me on the Amanda/Josh love story. Not buying it. He's a control freak and manipulator and he has an anger problem. Amanda is a doormat. So that should work out nicely!

I love Carly but Evan still just sort of grosses me out.

Edited by Falafel
  • Love 4