Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Week 6, Night 1

• Start Topic

A new arrival is disappointed to learn all the men are already paired up; a disinterested bachelor leaves a fickle woman heartbroken so she exits Paradise in hopes of winning back the man she spurned; a handsome hairdresser sends himself home during the rose ceremony and leaves three women without roses; a struggling suitor ends things with his emotional bachelorette who leaves Paradise again without the man of her dreams.

I hope Josh realizes there is more to raising kids than coaching them, especially if they are not athletic.

Izzy tried to get Vinny back and was rebuffed (with extreme prejudice/Seinfeld).

Tattoos are a good idea because Bachelor relationships are always permanent and Lace is so stable.

I am assuming Nick does not propose and they are faking us out.

• Love 8

Lauren takes out her retainer?! WTH. That's not Almost Paradise nor is it funny.

Ok, the chicken enthusiast is here. Too bad JJ the pantsopreneur isn't here. I think they'd hit it off and make some fancy fowl fashion looks.

Ok, so the producers set up the Fortuna booth and told her exactly what to say, right? Or does anyone do tarot readings and can confirm the basic meaning? But now Nick is suddenly letting his walls down and falling in love? Or, more like, this experience is showing him he's ready to love again...next season on The Bachelor!

Josh took his pizza love to a whole new level. Ew.

If I hadn't noted right off the bat that Lauren took out her retainer in the opening and had her name in writing, I would have thought that was the chicken enthusiast, but she's in the opening, so she's someone who has been here. Why wasn't Izzy hovering? Oh, did they go on a date somewhere? I don't recall.

Interesting that Izzy didn't regret dumping Vinny until the second Brett dumped her. It would have actually seemed sincere if she realized this while getting to know Brett and SHE made the decision to dump Brett and pursue Vinny. But, whelp, this guy doesn't want me so I might as well go back to the one who did. And here she goes pulling out the old "in it to Vin it" line but it's only after "regret pursuing Brett" and now "Izzy is in a tizzy." Good for Vinny for basically hanging up on her. Even though...

Spoiler

based on online photos it appears they reconnected after their After Paradise appearance. And, in that case, I'll give my stamp of approval if Izzy truly had regret and feelings for Vinny after time has passed, and not just in reaction to getting dumped by Brett. 

Wait, this chick (pun intended) is enthusiastic about EATING chicken?!? 

Nooooooooooo!! Wells does a stupid radio voice?!? Please tell me he doesn't actually talk like that on air.

I'm sure IRL Shushanna doesn't have to fight for male attention; she's gorgeous. But this is her second time on this franchise, so she knows how this works. Running off in a huff because she's about to get dumped doesn't pre-empt the fact that she got dumped. She wanted Wells to say he's giving her his rose; he didn't. So, at least twice in your lifetime the guy picked another girl--and it was on TV, so everyone knows. 

Josh inhales Amanda like a pizza.

Figured Brett wouldn't give out his rose. He had one day talking to Lauren, and Harrison is making such a big deal about how Everything Will Change After This Rose Ceremony. Also not surprised that Wells picked Ashley; I don't even recall him being with Jamie since Shushanna showed up, it's all been about placating Ashley, with Harrison's voiceovers reminding us that he has 3 women to choose between.

Wells and the guys having the complete opposite conversation than Ashley and the girls. Although I do appreciate Carly's tip on promising Wells that she won't go psycho, but COME ON, everyone knows she will go psycho! I'm with you, Wells. Whatever she's about to say to you, DON'T believe it! ... This is all news to Ashley that they're not getting engaged tomorrow and that going to the FS is against her character. Bye, Ashley, hope we don't have to hear you crying over both Wells and Jared next year.

"Grace" are finding literal signs, then put the signs on their own bodies--forever--to guard and protect each others' hearts.

Nick and Jen. Stop trying to make Nick and Jen happen. It's not going to happen.

Cracked up over the "artist" playing her wooden flute while Evan and Carly wash off the paint in the background.

Of course Josh is already making Amanda's girls give up dance and gymnastics so he can get them into sports that he can coach.

Uh, Grant, you made yourselves get matching tattoos, so I think you're going to propose. Although kind of crazy that Lace would get this tattoo BEFORE even expressing whether she's in love with Grant.

Carly has wanted to say I love you to Evan "for so long"?! Like three episodes ago you thought he was icky. But, despite that, I'm happy for them. They do genuinely seem like the strongest couple, and the one I think might actually get married.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Nick and Jen. Stop trying to make Nick and Jen happen. It's not going to happen.

This, they don't seem in to each other at all. No matter what they say or what the producers told them to say. Good for them for getting a free vacation in Mexico.

• Love 4

I gave Brett props for having the balls to sit down and tell Izzy he was picking Lauren. But then he balled on that too. As for Izzy, yea your quest to win back Vinny would mean more if you hadn't just been dumped. 

I reaally was hoping for reduced Josh screen time. He's so gross. 

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

There is no way in hell that Josh and Amanda are going to have a lasting relationship.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did. He meets her standards for a husband: wants to be with her constantly, is somewhat athletic/good-looking, and does not demand conversation. She meets his standards: pretty and genuinely wants him to have his own way 99% of the time. This may be a surprisingly good match for two otherwise hard to match people.

The only thing I could see spoiling the broth is if her kids genuinely drive him crazy.

• Love 7

Did Ashley really think Wells might propose to her? They had one date. And Wells made a great decision by not going to the fantasy suite with her. She would have glommed onto him forever if he had. I also can't figure out Grant and Lace. Grant is handsome and seems like a good guy, Lace always looks half asleep and has horrid eyelashes. What does he see in her? I don't know what Josh sees in Amanda either, but the other women on the show have always seemed to like her so I guess she is nice. Going from Andi to Amanda seems kind of opposite. I wish I liked more people this time around. Wells and Nick seem totally fake to me in every way, Evan seems nice but really, really passive. I guess  that would fit in with Carly wanting to be more in charge. I'm glad Vinnie didn't go back with Izzy because I don't think she really cares about him at all-she didn't want to miss out on some extra BIP days. I don't know why they are even playing the farce with Nick possibly proposing when we already know he and Jen are not a couple. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, gator12 said:

You never know, they could be the new Shawn and Kaitlyn

Documenting all their adventures on Snapchat? I'm no Kaitlyn fan, but she can be funny...I can't imagine that Amanda has anything even approaching a sense of humor. 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Did Ashley really think Wells might propose to her? They had one date. And Wells made a great decision by not going to the fantasy suite with her. She would have glommed onto him forever if he had. I also can't figure out Grant and Lace. Grant is handsome and seems like a good guy, Lace always looks half asleep and has horrid eyelashes. What does he see in her? I don't know what Josh sees in Amanda either, but the other women on the show have always seemed to like her so I guess she is nice. Going from Andi to Amanda seems kind of opposite. I wish I liked more people this time around. Wells and Nick seem totally fake to me in every way, Evan seems nice but really, really passive. I guess  that would fit in with Carly wanting to be more in charge. I'm glad Vinnie didn't go back with Izzy because I don't think she really cares about him at all-she didn't want to miss out on some extra BIP days. I don't know why they are even playing the farce with Nick possibly proposing when we already know he and Jen are not a couple. 

I think Ashley thought that she and Wells would leave like Cody and Michelle did in season one -- not engaged, but serious boyfriend/girlfriend having done serious boyfriend/girlfriend stuff.  I do think it was unrealistic to expect it after one date especially when it didn't seem like they spent much time together afterwards.

Josh and Amanda are a good match because they are both boooring.  I easily see him coaching the soccer team and getting verbally irate at the opposing team.  I see her passing out the orange slices that could pass for an Instagram ad.  I do think he'll get mad at how much time she spends with her kids vs. him.  I also wonder how well any stepkids would be treated once the prized Murray spawn arrived.

Evan and Carly are just weird together.  I hope her brothers don't get inside her head.  I know her type is generally another "bro" to fit into her family.  I wonder if they really accept Evan in the real world.

Grant and Lace like to get drunk together.  That's about what they have in common.

• Love 8

I don't get the life and death decision over the fantasy suite.  Why did Wells have to "break-up" (and I use that term loosely) with Ashley? I'm not assuming the fantasy suite is for sex - why can't they just hang out, get to know each other, and just sleep in the same bed together? Is there that much pressure to have sex and get engaged?

I feel like everyone on the show takes this way too seriously.

Ashley is so beyond immature. She acts like she's 14 years old. I want to rip the cutesy headband off her head.

Karma bit Izzy in the ass and she deserved it.

• Love 20
15 minutes ago, Saytura said:

I also wonder how well any stepkids would be treated once the prized Murray spawn arrived.

Especially if its a boy.  No way is amanda pulling her kids out of dance and gymnastics to go into acceptably "sporty" actovities like soccer.  (Eyeroll)

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, lightbeam said:

I don't get the life and death decision over the fantasy suite.  Why did Wells have to "break-up" (and I use that term loosely) with Ashley? I'm not assuming the fantasy suite is for sex - why can't they just hang out, get to know each other, and just sleep in the same bed together? Is there that much pressure to have sex and get engaged?

Ashley is so beyond immature. She acts like she's 14 years old. I want to rip the cutesy headband off her head.

I don't know why Wells gave Ashley his rose if he was just going to dump her the next morning. At the Rose ceremony he said he doesn't know where it's going but would like to spend more time together. She agreed so I know she didn't think she was getting engaged at the end. Even when they talked about it she said the final rose wouldn't be an engagement for them but just deciding if they'd spend time together after the show or not. So, I'm not sure why he got such cold feet over one more day. He was obviously lying when he gave her the rose because he could have waited for the final rose to "break up" if the next date didn't go well.

I was really confused by his quick departure. It makes him seem like an ass and I don't have to like Ashley to feel comfortable saying that.

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, lightbeam said:

Would -you- want to be cooped up in a room (no television!) with a nutcase like Ashley for 12 hours?  I don't even understand her tears (except..yeah, the source).  She said she's a virgin because she's saving herself for someone she's in love with. There's no way she's in love with Wells. So why would she even be considering it? If that's all it takes--two dates with a cute, nice guy, she really shouldn't be a virgin at 26. 

The fact she didn't understand what Wells was saying and wasn't capable of discussing it, just underscores how hopelessly immature she is  

It's hard to remember that I didn't dislike Josh during Andi's season. Everything he says (including his grunts) are so annoying now!  When he asked about the girls and Amanda told him "dance and gymnastics" he couldn't have been less interested. (Gymnastics, after all, IS a sport, Josh. Maybe you could get interested in what they like.)  When he said, "we'll get them interested in (something else--probably soccer, maybe he could stretch it to basketball" that was such a bad sign. Also, having seen his temper, he's the last person I'd want coaching little girls in a sport they don't care that much about.

Time's limited. What's wrong with them staying with the two things they enjoy?  He seems like such an egotistical control freak.

Edited by Padma
  • Love 13

When Amanda talked about the future, and how "just one year ago, Jade and Tanner went on their final date together.  And now they're happily married and living happily ever after..."   I wanted to add "AND they're going on Marriage Boot Camp to fix the problems in their relationship because they're on the verge of divorce." 

Wells not wanting to take Ashley to the Fantasy Suite -  with all the build-up, all the guys talking about it, he knew that after a FS date, they would be asked if they had sex. There would be back-slapping and congrats, or discussion of why they didn't.   Wells was the one on the Bachelorette, who had not kissed Jojo, and all the guys couldn't believe it, Jojo even teased him, and such a big, humiliating deal was made when he finally kissed her, that it made him look like a 12 year old boy.   So, I wasn't at all surprised when he didn't want another version of that happening.  

The tattoo guy gave me the creeps.  Don't get tattoos in Mexico - come home and do it. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 10
43 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I don't know why Wells gave Ashley his rose if he was just going to dump her the next morning. At the Rose ceremony he said he doesn't know where it's going but would like to spend more time together. She agreed so I know she didn't think she was getting engaged at the end. Even when they talked about it she said the final rose wouldn't be an engagement for them but just deciding if they'd spend time together after the show or not. So, I'm not sure why he got such cold feet over one more day. He was obviously lying when he gave her the rose because he could have waited for the final rose to "break up" if the next date didn't go well.

I was really confused by his quick departure. It makes him seem like an ass and I don't have to like Ashley to feel comfortable saying that.

He probably realized that it would be a no-win situation for him. Ashley is not just a crazy bitch, but a crazy bitch who gets a ton of media coverage. He knew that if anything in the FS or afterward wasn't to Ashley's liking, she would make him look like the bad guy all over the tabloids and social media, and since he didn't seem that into her to begin with, he probably decided that she wasn't worth the risk to his reputation.

Didn't Josh also get a kids soccer date with Andi in the Dominican Republic? This many seasons in, the show should have a "script supervisor" who makes sure things don't get too repetitive.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Saytura said:

Josh and Amanda are a good match because they are both boooring.  I easily see him coaching the soccer team and getting verbally irate at the opposing team.

Oh don't sell him short... he'd totally be the one berating the ump over every call and getting irate with his own team as well as the other kids.

I still don't understand why they did the "big reveal" last week so we all know that something keeps Nick available for that later on. It's just so wierd that they'd miss the chance to drop the big news at the Big Finale. Whoever was in charge of that should be fired.

I don't know about Grace (which smacks of giving yourself a nickname to me) especially Lace. I mean she confronts every decision in such a dramatic yes, yes, yes... no, no, no, kind of manner it would get so tiring. Just imagine... "Babes I just wanted to know if you wanted chicken for dinner or not." And yet he gets another 15 minute deliberation as if they're the Supreme Court deciding things for the nation. The odd thing though is that Lace did go through with the tattoo so in the end she did 'pass the test' so to speak. I wonder if Grant has a kind of "thrill of the chase" thing going here to 'tame' the wildhearted alcoholic and that's what makes him balk at the final hurdle, when the game is over does he still want to keep putting so much energy into chasing her? Iyunno.

Carly and Evan are just weird and I think they are a couple of puzzle pieces with some rather odd indents and protrusions that somehow clicked when nobody has ever really met their quirks... crazy kids, I think they might have something here.

Izzy did see that light at the end of the tunnel and it was the karma train. That phonecall was devastating. Right from the 'Who is this?' through to the 'Bye' ending but she deserved it. Good for him for not allowing himself to go there because after how this all went down how could you? It could be five years into your marriage and all of a sudden someone walks past her on the street and she can't help but follow because he's sooo much more her type after one glance? F that.

I don't blame Wells for freaking out a bit about the whole virginity thing as they've been on one date and spent a few days (or weeks as they are instructed to say) together off and on while he simultaneously dated/sought after TWO other women. And from what we know of Ashley, good call! I also don't think it's life or death here maybe he can give her a call after. I wouldn't suggest it, but he could. I can only hope this situation gives Ashley some confidence going forward in life that there are lots of "the ones" out there and she won't be quite so fixated on Jared (even though we know she still is).

• Love 8

I have become thoroughly fascinated with Laces "eyelashes". DD and I think she has 4 fake pairs glued on top of each other.

Why hasnt anyone pulled her aside to tell her that part if her hair looks like a mullet extension( that wierd long blonde part) and she has caterpillars on her eyes?

and you know what? She is still gorgeous!!!

• Love 2

It's hard to remember that I didn't dislike Josh during Andi's season. Everything he says (including his grunts) are so annoying now!  When he asked about the girls and Amanda told him "dance and gymnastics" he couldn't have been less interested. 

I can't help but think that the producers/editors probably couldn't stand Josh during Andi's season either, but since he "won" they had to make him look like a decent love interest. And that this comically bad edit in Paradise (pizza, moaning, yelling, etc.) is them making up for that by showing what a lovely person he truly is. I can just picture them sniggering as they cue up another moan. And I agree that Josh immediately looking for changes to make in Amanda's daughters' sports activities to better suit what he would enjoy is a really bad sign.

I'm not sure why Wells bothered giving Ashley a rose. Why not just pull a Brett and leave then, or give the rose to one of the other two ladies he had to pick from? He obviously liked Ashley enough to pick her over the adorable Jami. The whole thing just seems weird to me. We're all speculating that he took off for reasons related to Ashley's crazy or obsessive behavior, but to me that doesn't fit with the fact that he CHOSE Ashley over two other perfectly acceptable women.

Edited by Jillibean
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, backformore said:

When Amanda talked about the future, and how "just one year ago, Jade and Tanner went on their final date together.  And now they're happily married and living happily ever after..."   I wanted to add "AND they're going on Marriage Boot Camp to fix the problems in their relationship because they're on the verge of divorce." 

To be fair, Marriage Boot Camp pays a lot of $$$.  Jade and Tanner will do just about anything for a quick buck (see: the million they've made off Instagram ads).  I don't know if MBC speaks to their possible divorce as much as it does their bank account.

I wonder if Wells would have stuck around if they could have gone on the date without the Fantasy Suite.  It seemed like there was a throwaway comment that was basically "If I have to commit to both to take Ashley on the date, I can't do it."  That makes me think Wells asked the producers for separate rooms that night and they said no.  Or he asked Ashley about separate rooms and she was all "Heehee nooo I'm looking forward to the FS *eyebrow waggle*".  That's the only thing that makes sense about giving her the rose, yet backing out the next morning.

• Love 4

A bit of consternation on my part this evening....

Why did Brett leave? He basically runs Izzy out of paradise to pursue something with Lauren and then... decides not to pursue anything with Lauren. All because other couples are already in love. Dude, you got here like 5 days ago - this is the best you could hope for on such a short timeframe. He really is dim (insert light bulb/lamp reference here).

Going by Brett's standards, Wells should have left after his third date. He gives Ashley a rose (whyyyyyy? You said multiple times that you had more in common with Jami!) only to break up with her the next day because of a fantasy suite date. I've watched this show forever, and in no way does a fantasy suite date mean you are obligated to do something with someone you don't want to do. I see no reason they both couldn't have come to that conclusion and used the date to spend more time together and see if they wanted to pursue something in the real world. Wells, cute as he is, is coming off to me as wishy washy and noncommittal - plus I now think he has poor taste in women. 

On the plus side, Ashley's reign of terror is at an end!

Izzy got what she deserved. She only left because Brett chose someone else and she was rose-less. Then she tried to spin it to Vin it - telling him she had regrets and changed her mind. Ha! I hope Vinny knows what a bullet he dodged after he watched this ep.

Carly and Evan are cute. I think they could actually go the distance.

The thought of Josh around Amanda's kids should give me the warm fuzzies, but instead I have a cold sense of dread and visions of Lifetime movie trailers stalking around my head.

Jen is really beautiful and classy and low-maintenance. As happy as I am for Nick being next Bachelor, I have to wonder how many women he could find who might be a better fit than she is. I sure hope they're casting late 20s-early 30s. If we get a bunch of twins for his season, it's going to be a waste of time. Jen has a lot of maturity for a 26-year-old.

Why is Harrison pressuring all of them for engagements? Plenty of Bachelors have chosen not to get engaged at the end of the process but pursue real relationships. I see no reason why that can't be encouraged and considered a success.

• Love 5

Re why Wells gave Ashley the rose only not to go on the date: I think he genuinely had an interest in dating her over Shushanna and Jami. Despite Harrison saying before the RC that Everything Will Change, I'm sure he thought it was no big deal to have one more date and take it from there, precisely like he said. But then the guys and gals were sequestered, probably with nonstop pep talks from the producers saying to get ready to propose, and Neil Lane is coming, etc. Then Wells also had to listen to the guys all tell him to take Ashley's virginity--with Nick going so far as to say it would make him a "national treasure" (odd and ew). Wells was probably thinking, I like this girl and would like to have a second date, but I'm not prepared to be the New Jared, be Ashley's fiancé, or--and most of all--to be forevermore known as the guy who deflowered Ashley on national/international television. I can't blame the guy for getting skiddish about the date after all that build-up.

• Love 17
9 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I don't know what Josh sees in Amanda either, but the other women on the show have always seemed to like her so I guess she is nice. Going from Andi to Amanda seems kind of opposite.

Pretty sure that's 99.9% of her appeal to Josh, she's the anti-Andi. Who cares what she's really like as a person, as long as she's nothing like Andi. The only thing I see when looking at Josh and Amanda, is a big dumb slobbery dog and his squeaky toy. Match made in heaven.

I suspect playing stepdad will get old pretty quick though. It's one thing playing with some kids every now and then or coaching a kids' sports team, and it's another thing altogether living with two toddlers who aren't yours. Josh may think he loves kids, but he doesn't even have any nieces or nephews yet, and I haven't noticed him spending much time with anyone else's kids either. Time will tell, but I feel bad for those kiddos already, since I'm sure they love Josh's dog Sabel.

Carly's looking way more attractive lately. I guess love suits her. I didn't need to see Evan painting with his junk though.

Nick just isn't feeling it with Jen and there's clearly no amount of trying that's gonna change things. I think he's trying to feel it, since Jen is so different from the two Bachelorettes he fell for, but it's just not happening. She seems pretty into him though, so I feel bad for her.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Jillibean said:

And I agree that Josh immediately looking for changes to make in Amanda's daughters' sports activities to better suit what he would enjoy is a really bad sign.

This was such a huge red flag to me! Why would Amanda to allow a man she's known for 21 days to start making decisions for her children? What if they like dance and gymnastics? Even if they did take to a team sport, Mr. Bean, who pretends to not watch, chimed in noting that maybe THEIR FATHER would want to coach the kids if they chose team sports. 

I know I should give parents who come on this show a hard time, but I always shake my head when they talk about "never feeling this way about anyone." You mean you feel more of a connection with this person you just met on national tv than you did with the person you share two, or in Evan's case three, kids with? 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Jillibean said:

I can't help but think that the producers/editors probably couldn't stand Josh during Andi's season either, but since he "won" they had to make him look like a decent love interest. And that this comically bad edit in Paradise (pizza, moaning, yelling, etc.) is them making up for that by showing what a lovely person he truly is. I can just picture them sniggering as they cue up another moan. And I agree that Josh immediately looking for changes to make in Amanda's daughters' sports activities to better suit what he would enjoy is a really bad sign.

I'm not sure why Wells bothered giving Ashley a rose. Why not just pull a Brett and leave then, or give the rose to one of the other two ladies he had to pick from? He obviously liked Ashley enough to pick her over the adorable Jami. The whole thing just seems weird to me. We're all speculating that he took off for reasons related to Ashley's crazy or obsessive behavior, but to me that doesn't fit with the fact that he CHOSE Ashley over two other perfectly acceptable women.

ok what did I miss? what did Josh say about her daughters activities???

Who cares what she's really like as a person, as long as she's nothing like Andi. The only thing I see when looking at Josh and Amanda, is a big dumb slobbery dog and his squeaky toy. Match made in heaven.

OMG thats funny. Amanda though, she just seems so sweet. I guess Im a romantic, im hoping she can soften Josh up and bring out his good side, because I just never liked him. Now I didnt like Andi either, but just ugh in general on him.

1 minute ago, nlkm9 said:

ok what did I miss? what did Josh say about her daughters activities???

Josh said he wanted to coach "his kids" sports teams. When Amanda said they did dance and gymnastics, Josh responded that he'd teach them soccer. The hope being that they'd drop the other activities and he's finally be a soccer dad with Amanda handing out oranges on the sidelines. 

1 hour ago, thesupremediva1 said:

A bit of consternation on my part this evening....

Why did Brett leave? He basically runs Izzy out of paradise to pursue something with Lauren and then... decides not to pursue anything with Lauren. All because other couples are already in love. Dude, you got here like 5 days ago - this is the best you could hope for on such a short timeframe. He really is dim (insert light bulb/lamp reference here).

Going by Brett's standards, Wells should have left after his third date. He gives Ashley a rose (whyyyyyy? You said multiple times that you had more in common with Jami!) only to break up with her the next day because of a fantasy suite date. I've watched this show forever, and in no way does a fantasy suite date mean you are obligated to do something with someone you don't want to do. I see no reason they both couldn't have come to that conclusion and used the date to spend more time together and see if they wanted to pursue something in the real world. Wells, cute as he is, is coming off to me as wishy washy and noncommittal - plus I now think he has poor taste in women. 

On the plus side, Ashley's reign of terror is at an end!

Izzy got what she deserved. She only left because Brett chose someone else and she was rose-less. Then she tried to spin it to Vin it - telling him she had regrets and changed her mind. Ha! I hope Vinny knows what a bullet he dodged after he watched this ep.

Carly and Evan are cute. I think they could actually go the distance.

The thought of Josh around Amanda's kids should give me the warm fuzzies, but instead I have a cold sense of dread and visions of Lifetime movie trailers stalking around my head.

Jen is really beautiful and classy and low-maintenance. As happy as I am for Nick being next Bachelor, I have to wonder how many women he could find who might be a better fit than she is. I sure hope they're casting late 20s-early 30s. If we get a bunch of twins for his season, it's going to be a waste of time. Jen has a lot of maturity for a 26-year-old.

Why is Harrison pressuring all of them for engagements? Plenty of Bachelors have chosen not to get engaged at the end of the process but pursue real relationships. I see no reason why that can't be encouraged and considered a success.

being that the show has changed the rules so many times over the years, its very possible Jen could come on the bachelor and end up with him--I like her a lot as well.

2 minutes ago, Bean421 said:

Josh said he wanted to coach "his kids" sports teams. When Amanda said they did dance and gymnastics, Josh responded that he'd teach them soccer. The hope being that they'd drop the other activities and he's finally be a soccer dad with Amanda handing out oranges on the sidelines. 

oh ugh. :(. what did amanda say?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Saytura said:

To be fair, Marriage Boot Camp pays a lot of $$$.  Jade and Tanner will do just about anything for a quick buck (see: the million they've made off Instagram ads).  I don't know if MBC speaks to their possible divorce as much as it does their bank account.

So they are the new Sean and Catherine?

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Bean421 said:

I can also see Amanda totally being the mom that has her daughters in dance and gymnastics when they want to be in soccer or softball......

• Love 2

Josh didn't say anything about forcing the kids to quit gymnastics. He sad he could coach them in soccer. Lots of kids try out soccer along wth other things when they are young. I think it is nice he is interested in interacting with Amanda's kids. The greater fear for me would be that Amanda will want to appear on another show and all break up fr that reason.

• Love 3

My estimation of Wells rose even higher seeing him skedaddle out of there before the BIP editors could get their hands on footage of him and Ashley in the Fantasy Suite. I do agree that all the talk about what is expected and what will come next freaked him out and he made the right decision to leave.  Plus, even if they went to the FS and nothing happened, the editors surely would have inserted sounds to imply that something most certainly did happen and play those sounds and footage of them closing the door on every commercial and preview for the entire summer of 2016. Wells correctly envisioned his future and wisely got out.

Jen is really beautiful and classy and low-maintenance. As happy as I am for Nick being next Bachelor, I have to wonder how many women he could find who might be a better fit than she is.

I don't think Jen's interesting enough for Nick. He isn't into her. We've seen him with Andi and Kaitlyn and he wasn't vacillating with them like he does with Jen.  

I  can't help but think that the producers/editors probably couldn't stand Josh during Andi's season either, but since he "won" they had to make him look like a decent love interest. And that this comically bad edit in Paradise (pizza, moaning, yelling, etc.) is them making up for that by showing what a lovely person he truly is. I can just picture them sniggering as they cue up another moan. And I agree that Josh immediately looking for changes to make in Amanda's daughters' sports activities to better suit what he would enjoy is a really bad sign.

Oh definitely. I remember Josh's temper tantrum when he had to take the lie detector test on Andi's season. He was so unreasonable. Then when they had the hometown date and he basically ignored her at the table to talk only about his brother's pro football try out. He showed his colors then, but the editors had the show to think of and had to try and hide what a jerk he was, knowing he was the F1. I will be forever grateful for the BIP editors for every groan, grunt and pizza slurp they've inserted into this season. I have laughed so hard. BIP folks, if you are reading this, a thousand thanks!

I easily see him coaching the soccer team and getting verbally irate at the opposing team.  

I can see Josh making his own kid cry, other kids cry, and other parents cry, and that will be happening right off the bat, in kindergarten soccer. I've seen parents like him in action, they are AWFUL.

Carly and Evan are just weird and I think they are a couple of puzzle pieces with some rather odd indents and protrusions that somehow clicked when nobody has ever really met their quirks... crazy kids, I think they might have something here.

I don't think Carly is weird. I think she is smart and funny and really cute. I think Evan is weird. And I don't see love. I see two  cast members who were afraid of being kicked off who made a pact to stay and fall in love for future promotional opportunities. I still fail to see anything about Evan's personality that would attract someone as sharp as Carly is to him. 

Ok, so the producers set up the Fortuna booth and told her exactly what to say, right? Or does anyone do tarot readings and can confirm the basic meaning?

I called producer plant right off. The woman probably worked in the Mexico tourism office that the producers worked with and she volunteered to dress up and play the part. Same with the Mexican tattoo artist, who didn't seem Mexican at all, but who also happened to have met and gotten engaged to his wife in eleven days, just like Grace! Except he goofed and said 11 days, instead of five weeks, which we are supposed to think was the real filming schedule. 

• Love 13
35 minutes ago, Vinyasa said:

I don't believe those were real tattoos. I'll bet money it was just the outline and was never permanent ink.

Who would get a tattoo in Mexico?

I believe the tattoos are permanent now, even if they got them redone in the States.  Lace was spotted in an airport after the season started and TMZ reported she had the "Grace" tattoo, not realizing it was actually part of the season and not done afterwards.

Well the good news about the tattoos is that grant can find a new girlfriend named Grace. As for lace, she can become an Elvis fan and add "land " after grace .  Or, put "amazing " in front of grace.   So can Grant.   Neither has to be stuck with "wino forever ".

i don't need to ever see Evan in his tighty whities.   Carly must be dizzy trying to spin this shit.   Even if she is into him, which I doubt beyond a friend zone thing, he will see footage of her being disgusted by him.   Either he's a doormat, or he'll leave Carly and her snarky bitter ass.   She ain't all that, even if he is a dweeb. 

Please never bring Ashley and her cringy 30 year old virgin shtick back.   She's just fucking  gross and frankly unfuckable at this point.  

Sorry Izzy.   You wanna dance, you have to pay the piper.  

I know it's time to end the season because laces fake head hair looks like it's trying to strangle her, and her eyelashes are clumped into cowlicks.   And damn woman, you speak like a very bad ventriloquist.   It's ok to move your jaw when you are not ventriloquisting.  

• Love 13

Josh didn't say anything about forcing the kids to quit gymnastics. He sad he could coach them in soccer. Lots of kids try out soccer along wth other things when they are young. I think it is nice he is interested in interacting with Amanda's kids. The greater fear for me would be that Amanda will want to appear on another show and all break up fr that reason.

True, he didn't say he would force anything.  But he also did not ASK if they were interested in sports.  To me, coaching them in soccer means that they join a league and he signs on as coach.  A nice idea, but first, you determine what the kids are interested in, the parents or step-parents desire to coach comes after the kids want join.  He's dating Amanda, he asked about her kids.  When the answer is that they are in dance and gymnastics, his next thought should be going to meets/recitals, not putting them in sports because HE wants to coach. 

• Love 6

LOL. That's not why they're going. They're going for a job. Same with all the other reality tv couples that do that show. Big Brother's Jeff and Jordan went on it without even being married yet. I think right after getting engaged. Celebs go on it for the same reason the do BIP, the money.

• Love 5

My thought on Wells and Ashley - Maybe he told producers he wasn't ready to make that commitment to the Fantasy Suite and possible engagement, maybe he was even being considered for the Bachelor.  But perhaps he didn't want to give their favorite cry-baby the rose  but also didn't want to mislead Jami, maybe he wanted to leave after Chris H talked about commitment and the future.   There's a possibility that the producers wanted Ashley to stay a little longer, and asked him to give her the rose, so they could drag out that "will they or won't they? will a virgin be defiled on Paradise?"  for one more episode, and then he could leave before the FS. 

(I also see a foreshadowing of Ashley for a possible future B'ette, which would be wonderfully awful, and I would watch for ALL of the wrong reasons)

• Love 4

Josh - I heard him say something like "We'll get them into it" regarding soccer, ummm OK... will we?  LOL.  

Also I thought it was funny how he asked her if he sees herself being a soccer mom.  Um, maybe it's just me, but the term "Soccer Mom" is more than a mom who actually takes her kids to soccer, it's kind of an umbrella term for a mom who runs around taking her kids to all their various activities, packs granola bars and waters and in general is very hands on and on the go.  So to me Amanda can easily see herself as this because SHE ALREADY IS THIS, Dummy Josh is still in the "fantasizing about a family" hypothetical, she is actually already living it.  What a dummy.

Please never bring Ashley and her cringy 30 year old virgin shtick back.   She's just fucking  gross and frankly unfuckable at this point.  

Same here.  Since all of her drama and histrionics over the past week in the media, I look at her completely differently.  I see her as vile and she just is so unappealing to me.  I cannot even watch her speak or her facial expression, there is nothing about her I like, nothing I can tolerate.  I do not buy her cool girl act like she's just so casually into Wells and going to FS with him, when just a week ago she was crying over Jared "How can I find another you!!".  Who does she think she is kidding?  Her voice is annoying too LOL - seriously it's phony, the vocal fry is her way of sounding like a blase cool girl - it does not work.

• Love 13