Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: All Pain, No Gain

• Start Topic

Mackenzie was very obviously falsely accused for swearing at the CO so that they'd have an excuse to get her away from Sheri. That was a terrible thing to witness. Just because Sheri said the girl was staring at her doesn't mean she was. It looked to me like Mackenzie wasn't thinking about all that bullshit anymore and Sheri was being paranoid. She is VERY timid for being and ex-CO. Why couldn't she be assertive enough to approach the girl and make sure it was all good?Instead she sits in the corner all curled up with puppy dog eyes. Sheri was obsessed about the previous fight and probably was hyper focused on Mackenzie. If Sheri can be a CO then Jeff can be a CO any day of the week. Ask Zach if he'd call for other backup if Sheri showed up to assist him. 

• Love 6

I'm thinking Sheri is freaking out because she is not used to being around inmates and all that she knows about them, but being so powerless. She isn't armed and has no authority. Same with Tammi last season, I feel like they freak out the most.

The so called fights are ridiculous. All they do is slap at each other and walk away. I've seen worse on the playground.

• Love 2

This show stresses me out.  I was getting really anxious when that prisoner was screaming “my shoulder, my shoulder.”  He actually sounded like he was in pain and all the officers did was force him to the ground.  Ugh.  He may be a terrible person (I obviously don’t know), but just don’t yank his arm out of the socket!

So, the guard basically told Monalisa to forcibly take someone’s mat??  Like, what the hell.  Also, shut up Monalisa.  I was surprised when the CO brought her a new mat.  See, they are actually human beings!

Ryan is so delusional.  He said that he was given a room because they thought he was “cool”.  I think they were totally fucking with him in the beginning and now they are just using him.

I hate those curtained areas.  I still don’t get why they allow that to happen??

I call shenanigans on Mackenzie getting moved.  They made that all up to get her away from Sheri so Sheri didn’t get her ass whooped.

I feel bad for Chris.  I guess he had the best cover-story since everyone thinks he's detoxing.  I wonder what made him sick? But, I guess he's out.

As usual, the previews for next seems way more interesting than the show will turn out to be.

• Love 5

Mackenzie was very obviously falsely accused for swearing at the CO so that they'd have an excuse to get her away from Sheri.

I agree, it seemed staged. Didn't they get rid of another person Sheri had difficulty with?

I thought Ryan made the right move fixing Garza's hand.  Maybe you shouldn't get respect by doing favors but, really, he kind of saved the guy. What other currency does Ryan have, really? Garza might not have to go to the infirmary and may never face repercussions for that fight. Although, if he broke his hand beating the other guy, wouldn't that guy go to the infirmary? He might not rat Garza out but wouldn't there be some sort of investigation. Maybe they could match the broken face with the broken hand.

I give Quintin another week.  Every time he's on, I have to laugh because his reactions are the same as mine! What in the **** is going on in this jail?!

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

I'm thinking Sheri is freaking out because she is not used to being around inmates and all that she knows about them, but being so powerless. She isn't armed and has no authority. Same with Tammi last season, I feel like they freak out the most.

Which doesn't speak well for law enforcement if they are all pussies who can only assert authority with a gun and a badge. The power trip is why there's so much of an issue with law enforcement now. I have to say, at least Tammi stood up for herself as a person. Sheri absolutely cannot confront anyone. She's afraid. I just don't understand how she could be a CO.

4 hours ago, GenL said:

So, the guard basically told Monalisa to forcibly take someone’s mat??  Like, what the hell.  Also, shut up Monalisa.  I was surprised when the CO brought her a new mat.  See, they are actually human beings!

Ryan is so delusional.  He said that he was given a room because they thought he was “cool”.  I think they were totally fucking with him in the beginning and now they are just using him.

I hate those curtained areas.  I still don’t get why they allow that to happen??

I call shenanigans on Mackenzie getting moved.  They made that all up to get her away from Sheri so Sheri didn’t get her ass whooped.

I think it was set up so that Monalisa would have an "ah-ha" moment. At first the guard didn't care. I think that was his real reaction. I think they told him to bring her another mat so that we can see a transformation in Monalisa. By the end of this, the guards will have won her over and she'll be a changed woman. *rolls eyes*

I noticed with Ryan in particular that the cameras seem to be in his cell talking to him and his cell mate. I don't remember the cameras going into the cells so much last season and especially not with another inmate. I remember we were only getting footage from the jail cameras inside the cells. This season seems more staged and if Garza didn't get into that fight, I'd think maybe he was a plant for the show. Who knows how many plants are in there causing drama for the show? 

The curtained areas are bullshit. It's so obvious to even us that it's a danger, but Deputy Doofus just allows it.

Another thing about Ryan, he helped his friend with the hurt knuckle and I don't think that was a bad thing but the CO's talking head said he did a favor so they'll keep coming back to him for favors basically like their bitch. I saw it the other way around. I thought Ryan just made Garza indebted to him. Did anybody else see it that way? 

I totally believed Mackenzie. She looked completely taken off guard and like wtf. I also don't believe that she was staring Sheri down all the time, but I think Sheri told them that because she's a pussy, so they took care of it for her.

Maples is an idiot. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

Another thing about Ryan, he helped his friend with the hurt knuckle and I don't think that was a bad thing but the CO's talking head said he did a favor so they'll keep coming back to him for favors basically like their bitch. I saw it the other way around. I thought Ryan just made Garza indebted to him. Did anybody else see it that way? 

I think it could go either way, and that solely depends on Ryan. The talking heads of doom and gloom are getting old, for sure. Maybe instead of dissing every move a plant makes, they could show some appreciation and sympathy. Ryan isn't a jailhouse expert. He's doing his best, and he's hanging in there, and he's in a good position to gain intel from the top tier. If Ryan's name was Zack, Scotty would be creaming himself with how wonderfully it's going.

The MacKenzie thing was weird. I couldn't figure out if something truly happened, if the CO was playing Billy Badass for the cameras, or what. If they were that worried about Sheri, why not transfer one of them instead? 

• Love 6
On 9/2/2016 at 1:03 PM, Squirrely said:

Maybe instead of dissing every move a plant makes, they could show some appreciation and sympathy. Ryan isn't a jailhouse expert. He's doing his best, and he's hanging in there, and he's in a good position to gain intel from the top tier. 

Ryan THINKS he is an expert in all things, and I find him incredibly arrogant and insufferable. I am waiting for him to stick his foot in his mouth and get smacked.

On 9/2/2016 at 1:03 PM, Squirrely said:

The MacKenzie thing was weird. I couldn't figure out if something truly happened, if the CO was playing Billy Badass for the cameras, or what. If they were that worried about Sheri, why not transfer one of them instead? 

Nowhere to transfer her if there is only one female pod.

On 9/2/2016 at 0:41 PM, Nowhere said:

Which doesn't speak well for law enforcement if they are all pussies who can only assert authority with a gun and a badge. The power trip is why there's so much of an issue with law enforcement now. I have to say, at least Tammi stood up for herself as a person. Sheri absolutely cannot confront anyone. She's afraid. I just don't understand how she could be a CO.

Yeah, all I can figure is that she was a CO in Federal white collar prison, so she knows the rules but isn't used to violence.

Personally, I don't think any of this could be real. It is way to WTH the entire way through. They could knock down all of their issues if an officer was in there 24/7. Must all be playing cards in the control room.

Edited by Chewy101
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Aren't those curtained areas where the toilets are?  

Yes. In Galveston County, they didn't have curtains. They had partitions, with about 50 cent sized holes in them. However when you wanted some privacy, you just took your blanket, and tied it across the opening where you would enter the toilet area. 

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, tvsoothesthespirit said:

Didn't they get rid of another person Sheri had difficulty with?

That was Brenda the pod boss, except after the crucible of fire re: possible drugs in Sherri's bra, she and Brenda really clicked and she had a TH where she said she was so happy to have Brenda there. And then almost immediately Brenda got moved to the other women's pod (because there is a second pod, we've seen it once, but it just doesn't appear to be part of the program). 

If TPTB are intervening in affairs to help Sherri as some people believe, why wouldn't they intervene to help Ryan?  Every time we see Capt Scotty commenting on Ryan, it's always that he's talking too much, giving too many details, etc. , and generally digging himself a pretty big hole. If TPTB were aware of this at the time it happened, why not pull Ryan out for an "interview" so a producer can tell him to shut the f*ck up in there? That's a  lot less effort than moving someone to a different pod or creating an incident that will put an inmate into Ad Seg. 

I cannot believe the sad ass recreation room that they get to visit for one hour a week. Are there so many pods that they can't have recreation 2-3 times a week at least? And as pitiful as that room was (I saw one basketball, some cards, and a corn hole game) did you notice how much different the atmosphere was among the women?

That jail is seriously fucked up.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I cannot believe the sad ass recreation room that they get to visit for one hour a week. Are there so many pods that they can't have recreation 2-3 times a week at least? And as pitiful as that room was (I saw one basketball, some cards, and a corn hole game) did you notice how much different the atmosphere was among the women?

Check this out. In Harris County (Houston Texas) I did 9 months. I was locked in the pod for almost the whole time . We had no recreation time. The only time I left the pod, was to go to the infirmary which was maybe 40 yards down the hall.  I did not see the sky for 9 damn months. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Quilt Fairy said:

That was Brenda the pod boss, except after the crucible of fire re: possible drugs in Sherri's bra, she and Brenda really clicked and she had a TH where she said she was so happy to have Brenda there. And then almost immediately Brenda got moved to the other women's pod (because there is a second pod, we've seen it once, but it just doesn't appear to be part of the program). 

If TPTB are intervening in affairs to help Sherri as some people believe, why wouldn't they intervene to help Ryan?  Every time we see Capt Scotty commenting on Ryan, it's always that he's talking too much, giving too many details, etc. , and generally digging himself a pretty big hole. If TPTB were aware of this at the time it happened, why not pull Ryan out for an "interview" so a producer can tell him to shut the f*ck up in there? That's a  lot less effort than moving someone to a different pod or creating an incident that will put an inmate into Ad Seg. 

They aren't helping Ryan because he's not complaining. Nobody is "glaring" at Ryan. He's not cowering and shaking in his boots in the corner so there's no reason to intervene. 

• Love 3

You can always tell when they learn a few production tricks after the first season of a reality show.  That's okay, though--so far, I like this season better.

Sheri was having a good time with Pod Boss Brenda, her new BFF.  I guess laughing and enjoying yourself in Carter County Jail did not suit the narrative.

It was kind of amusing for the new IN-mate to confidently explain that we were watching the effects of heroin withdrawal, when it was really another IN-mate we already knew more about than he did.  That new criminal justice student is a cutie, though--in an innocent babe-in-the-woods sort of way.  Having just watched The Night Of, I worry he'll have knuckle tats and a drug habit by the end of the show.

So, right, WTF with one hour per week in that pathetic rec room?!  One hour per day is too much strain on the system?  (And then two hours per day probably wouldn't be any more difficult, logistically.) 

• Love 5
On September 2, 2016 at 6:40 PM, Quilt Fairy said:

I totally agree with this but I feel like Ryan might not be capable of shutting up.

On 9/2/2016 at 7:54 PM, JJWatt said:

Check this out. In Harris County (Houston Texas) I did 9 months. I was locked in the pod for almost the whole time . We had no recreation time. The only time I left the pod, was to go to the infirmary which was maybe 40 yards down the hall.  I did not see the sky for 9 damn months. 

As I've said before, I just gout out on March 7, after 99 days in Galveston County Jail Their rec was pretty decent, they had a door that went outside, and you could go out anytime between 8 AM, and 6 PM. Of couse it i had 15 ft concrete walls around it, but the to was made out of re-bar mesh so you got plenty of sunshine. I think they should have something like that for all pods. Especially ones where guys are gonna be there 9-15 months. 

On 9/5/2016 at 0:26 PM, woodscommaelle said:

I like Dion but I don't like how he assumed (incorrectly) that the other participant who was throwing up for hours was withdrawing from H.

Yeah no shit as soon as he said that I literally laughed out loud. It felt like come on dude, for real?! 

• Love 4

I've watched  enough "Lockup" , "Lockup Raw", "Jail", "Hard Time", and known enough real life inmates to guess McKenzie probably did say or do something, all tears and swears  to the contrary aside.

I can't count how many times I've seen/heard inmates say or do something, get accused of whatever they just said or just did, then immediately deny it with all the passion, tears, and swears--on-children they could muster. Throw possible mental illness in the mix, and my guess is she may not even be aware she said it. She may actually believe she didn't. 

• Love 1