Type keyword(s) to search

Nick Viall Will Be The Next Star Of The Bachelor

• Start Topic

I don't dislike Nick and I'll probably watch but...I dunno...him being picked just feels so incestuous.  All these bachelor people know each other, hook up with each other, party with each other.  I was hoping for someone new that I can be curious about.  I'm kinda bored seeing the same people in the same clique over and over again.  Sheesh Nick has been on 2 bachelorettes, was at the J&T wedding, on BiP...can't we get someone new?

hopefully it'll be entertaining but it feels like a summer rerun.

Also Nick has been in so many episodes he's like a professional reality show actor.  His whole life is wrapped up in this franchise so I'm sure he'll be their puppet.  Reality shows are already getting so scripted it's ridiculous.  Nick as TB will be ott scripted because he'll do/say anything they want.

Edited by Sup wit dat
  • Love 6

YES!!!!  This is going to be the best season ever.  Especially for enjoying the fact that so many people hate him and won't be happy about this.  Ha!  Looks like me and 37 other pathetic people got our wish.

Made my day.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

So what was said about Nick? 

As the two-time runner-up tells it, they had been playing a game of “This or That” in the hotel room, when he asked her what he considered to be a “funny question”:

“I had asked her, ‘If you were to have sex four times, how many times would you want to f—k or make love?’” he explains.

www.wetpaint.com/andi-dorfman-book-nick-viall-interview-1516204/

Supposedly, he killed her lady boner and then didn't manage to redeem himself once the mood was wrecked. Expecting first-time sex to be good is a high bar, especially under those circumstances, but I guess that's all the show gives you.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

So what was said about Nick? 

You know I aint no Nick fan but even I was surprised at how scathing she was. The concensus opinions are all true. The one who comes across the worst in the bk is Andi herself. She is a humorless alcoholic with also a shopping addiction. She likened everything to a Burberry or Jimmy Choo shoe. And then has the gall to complain about everyone else's shallow conversations. Fo realz?

Anyway, she did like Nick's kissing technique (he touches the rib which seems to be connected to her uterus for some reason) but once they hit that FS bed, she wasnt even ATTRACTED to him anymo.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, thehepburn said:

(he touches the rib which seems to be connected to her uterus for some reason)

ROFL!!! Thank you for relaying the gems from the book, since I couldn't read past the first chapter myself due to Andi's smug writing style.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, huahaha said:

“I had asked her, ‘If you were to have sex four times, how many times would you want to f—k or make love?’” he explains.

See, now, I like that question. I'd say 2 times each. What's so horrible about that question?

I'm gonna love having Nick as Bachelor. He has some edge to him.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, thehepburn said:

You know I aint no Nick fan but even I was surprised at how scathing she was. The concensus opinions are all true. The one who comes across the worst in the bk is Andi herself. She is a humorless alcoholic with also a shopping addiction. She likened everything to a Burberry or Jimmy Choo shoe. And then has the gall to complain about everyone else's shallow conversations. Fo realz?

Anyway, she did like Nick's kissing technique (he touches the rib which seems to be connected to her uterus for some reason) but once they hit that FS bed, she wasnt even ATTRACTED to him anymo.

I can't stop laughing at the bolded!

10 hours ago, huahaha said:

Supposedly, he killed her lady boner and then didn't manage to redeem himself once the mood was wrecked. Expecting first-time sex to be good is a high bar, especially under those circumstances, but I guess that's all the show gives you.

I'd heard about this, and wasn't sure if there was something else to it.  I didn't see what the big deal was with the question. 

Edited by ribboninthesky1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

See, now, I like that question. I'd say 2 times each. What's so horrible about that question?

I'm gonna love having Nick as Bachelor. He has some edge to him.

If I remember correctly, from the screencap, it was the fact that he used the word f*ck, it was classless or something. lol

3 minutes ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

I can't stop laughing at the bolded!

I'd heard about this, and wasn't sure if there was something else to it.  I didn't see what the big deal was with the question. 

I think the something else was that she decide that Josh was the one since day 1.

• Love 4
Just now, gator12 said:

it was the fact that he used the word f*ck, it was classless or something

LMAO! Wow. I'm so glad I skipped her season. I knew she didn't seem like someone I would ever want to spend five minutes with. (I swear like a drunken sailor. I also love the word fuck. It's so harsh and blunt. I also love a good fuck now and then. (Call me Nick!)

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

Andi's a control freak?

I'm guessing she was already feeling a little weird about sleeping with two different guys in back to back weeks, despite what she says. Doing that with no emotions would probably be fine. But trying to fall in love with two people and sleeping with both of them for the first time so close together is likely to squick anyone (regardless of gender).

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Apparently Luke was packed and ready to go when he got the call that producers had decided to head in "a different direction"

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/luke-pell-on-bachelor-switch-up-i-had-my-bags-packed-w437628

At least he didn't get to film an intro package. Should be a less shittier feeling than what Caila and Arie went through.

I'm glad for the last-minute switch-up as I find Luke to be very meh and not attractive at all. That creepy B'ette bio picture is still stuck in my head, and if he were the lead, that picture would have circulated more. Nick at least has some edge to him. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Apparently Luke was packed and ready to go when he got the call that producers had decided to head in "a different direction"

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/luke-pell-on-bachelor-switch-up-i-had-my-bags-packed-w437628

My hearty thanks to those producers.  I couldn't tolerate an entire season of Luke's weird face, his obsession with overly tight clothes, and the constant posing up against barn doors, not to mention his lack of any discernable personality.  Thank you!

• Love 13
On August 31, 2016 at 9:23 AM, portergirl99 said:

I am a Nick fan so I am so stoked to hear this news! I actually thought he was a big ole dork on Andi's season (remember that hair????) and was shocked that she even gave him the time of day.  He looked better on Kaitlyn's season.  On BIP he’s VERY attractive – perhaps the best looking guy on the show.  

However, and more importantly, he's smart.  He’s funny.  He’s educated.  He has opinions.  He's real and occasionally they show him engaging in interesting conversations.   

Nick appears somewhat jaded at this point (who wouldn't be) and he knows that it can go wrong -- and he knows that sometimes it can go horribly horribly wrong.  He should understand the pressure and the scrutiny he will be under before, during and after the show.  He seems to have self-awareness of how he’s seen by viewers – fans and non-fans alike. 

He's 35, so a reasonable age to actually be looking for love *cough cough*

I'm a wrong reasons viewer through and through so I don't believe in the fairy tale bullshit, but I will enjoy a grown man (who already has a very complete understanding of the machinations of this show) navigate through this season.

Plus *shallow alert* his abs are amazing.  So, there's that. 

A big YES to every word you said!!

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, portfino said:

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/09/01/new-bachelor-nick-viall-ditched-girlfriend-jen-saviano-to-be-on-show-lauren-himle-dishes/

Between this and the rumors that it was ABC that wanted Nick, it makes me wonder if ABC is trying to reposition the franchise so it's more like a long-running drama with storylines that cross seasons than "reality TV." Looks like Wrong Reasons has won.

I don't buy they were in a relationship, she was more into him than he was to her and they broke up on BIP, live on different coast. I think Jen is pissed that their lukewarm showmance won't get a chance to be real. Ben and Tenley spend more time together in the real world than those two.

Even if they were, a two week relationship ending is not something to make a big deal about. Its not like he broke up a 2 years relationship with his fiance

• Love 3

I'd much rather date a guy like Luke than a guy like Nick in real life, but guys like Luke make for boring television, so TPTB made the right choice. If Luke is serious about finding a wife, I'm sure he'll do just fine without the show.

• Love 2

I haven't watch a Bachelor show since Brad Womack, I did watch some of Ben but that was a snooze. So I'll be turning into this one. Hope there are no early 20s something. I need late 20s to mid-30s women.  If they cast it for Luke that what the age range should be since Luke is 31 years old

• Love 1
1 minute ago, gator12 said:

I need late 20s to mid-30s women.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. On Brad Womack's second season, him being 38 years old at the time, the only woman not in her 20s was Michelle Money. Everyone else was 10 or more years younger than Brad.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, gator12 said:

RS said they cast 26 to 30 years old... RS is good with spoilers but I don't know how much he knows about casting.

That would be great, if true! I wonder if that was per Nick's own request.

3 minutes ago, comosedice said:

A good number of women auditioned thinking Luke would be the next Bachelor. Poor things.

There was a story linked to in one of the other threads about one of the casting calls. It said that the bachelor was a software salesman, so it should have been clear to the women that they weren't auditioning for Luke.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

LMAO! Wow. I'm so glad I skipped her season. I knew she didn't seem like someone I would ever want to spend five minutes with. (I swear like a drunken sailor. I also love the word fuck. It's so harsh and blunt. I also love a good fuck now and then. (Call me Nick!)

The funny thing is that Andi swears a lot herself. I haven't read the book, but from what I've heard the F word was used aplenty. I also remember some IG vid of her basically yelling the word in a place where children were present. So apparently it's only banned from the bedroom, lest her lady boner be killed. I also suspect it's got more to do with her feeling somewhat guilty about wanting to have sex with Nick while she'd already picked Josh in her mind. Nick using the word fuck probably served as a nasty reminder that she's about to bump uglies with a guy she's not really falling in love with. But instead of not going through with it, she told Nick she would make love and then proceeded to have sex with him anyway, so it can't have been that much of a turn-off. If she only went along with it to lead him on, then she's basically a prostitute.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, comosedice said:

I doubt I can watch a season of Nick. I find him neither interesting nor entertaining. A good number of women auditioned thinking Luke would be the next Bachelor. Poor things.

You know a few years ago, I'd feel the same way that its a crappy thing to make a last minute change in the lead.   But now with 99% of these girls coming on the show to improve their brands and increase their instagram followers so they can sell teeth whitener I don't think any of them will care its Nick, not Luke.  And with filming not even taking place for a few more weeks, IF there are any true Luke ladies, they will have to choice to bow out ahead of time.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, CindyBee said:

You know a few years ago, I'd feel the same way that its a crappy thing to make a last minute change in the lead.   But now with 99% of these girls coming on the show to improve their brands and increase their instagram followers so they can sell teeth whitener I don't think any of them will care its Nick, not Luke.  And with filming not even taking place for a few more weeks, IF there are any true Luke ladies, they will have to choice to bow out ahead of time.

It seems some of these women are bowing out. Fleiss and Elan have tweeted asking women interested in dating Nick to apply now. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, laschifosavita said:

I am very glad that Reality Steve exists, because the only way I'll be able to watch this season is if it is a mess.  I think Nick is icky, and I don't know that I can deal with it if it is a regular blah season.

Nobody seems to be asking why this guy, who some of you find attractive, needs to be on TV so badly to find a woman. Does America need to see him search for love a fourth time? Is he really searching for love or has he found a medium to satisfy his attention-seeking? 

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, comosedice said:

It seems some of these women are bowing out. Fleiss and Elan have tweeted asking women interested in dating Nick to apply now. 

I don't think that is the case.  I think it is more that some women may not have applied since it was so strongly implied that the bachelor would be Luke or Chase.  Now they have a chance to apply for the official bachelor. 

22 minutes ago, comosedice said:

Nobody seems to be asking why this guy, who some of you find attractive, needs to be on TV so badly to find a woman. Does America need to see him search for love a fourth time? Is he really searching for love or has he found a medium to satisfy his attention-seeking? 

Does America need to see any of these galoots try and find love on TV? :)  All of them are attractive enough to be able to find women/men on their own.   If  I had the opportunity to possibly find love in the most surreal way, I would try it if I wasn't happily engaged.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, comosedice said:

1 hour ago, LBS said:

Does America need to see any of these galoots try and find love on TV? :)  All of them are attractive enough to be able to find women/men on their own.   If  I had the opportunity to possibly find love in the most surreal way, I would try it if I wasn't happily engaged.

I have no doubt that Nick has any problem meeting women, even the strong-willed kind, outside of the show.   Much like any of the men who have appeared.  But Nick is unique in that this is his 4th appearance in the franchise.  That's a red flag to me, but I'm taking a wait-and-see approach. He is an old pro at this point, and knows very well how he can be perceived. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LBS said:

I don't think that is the case.  I think it is more that some women may not have applied since it was so strongly implied that the bachelor would be Luke or Chase.  Now they have a chance to apply for the official bachelor. 

When has this ever been done? Women and men have always been asked to apply blindly. On the show you even hear some of them saying "I had hoped it was you." Now producers are asking for women to apply "who are interested in dating Nick." Also, I know for sure women applied thinking Luke was going to be the Bachelor. Luke was on his way to LA to film the intro. The women were already chosen.

No, America does not need to see any of these people search for love, which makes someone doing it for the fourth time even worse.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, comosedice said:

When has this ever been done? Women and men have always been asked to apply blindly.

Not true. I believe Ben H. was announced before "official" casting of the contestants. Same as JoJo. The show has removed any mystery over the years as to how they cast the lead vis-a-vis the contestants. I think the only surprise recently was Kaitlyn vs. Britt. 

And like someone said above, with the show having moved forward from an avenue of "finding love" to an avenue of earning money through social media promotion if you stick long enough to the script, I bet that 90% of the contestants who joined do not care who the lead is, the goal is to last long enough to be in contention for the next Bachelor/e'tte or BIP.

I also quoted "official" above because this show does casting calls year-round. It doesn't stop just because the show is airing, or because it has announced its lead. It continuously looks for people to be on the show, whether for the current season or not. That's why you have contestants who have mentioned they've applied years before but only got called recently. So you end up having a mix of contestants who know the lead and contestants who do. And I don't really see anything wrong with that. If women were really there for Luke, and disappointed it wasn't him, then why not drop out. On the flip side, if you have women who didn't like Luke and didn't apply because it was expected to be him, then now's their chance to apply since it's a different guy.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 5

I've read before (in Courtney's book, I think) that there's always a larger group of women at the ready, and that changes to the final 25 can be made until the last minute before the limo arrivals are filmed. Since filming doesn't start for another three weeks, I'm sure TPTB still have hundreds of women to choose from, so I don't think it'll be a problem finding a few who are genuinely interested in Nick. And I do mean a few, because he's not going to have "connections" with all 25 of them. The rest can be the usual crazies and famewhores who would show up for anyone.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

Not true. I believe Ben H. was announced before "official" casting of the contestants.

Considering that the announcement of Ben was made around the same time last year and filming of his season started Sept 24, 2015, that's very doubtful.

I meant by 'implied' that before JoJo the 3rd or 4th castoff was almost always picked.  So for them to ask for women for Nick is because that is unprecedented for them to pick so far back from a regular season and certainly from a recent BIP.  I don't think anyone applied thinking it was going to be him so why not ask for more to the dating pool who may actually want to date him.  I also think that Nick and Luke are/were both out to advance their careers/brand. I.G Luke with his band. Each have so called 'red flags'

I would of been fine with either .  Luke intrigued me and I was very happy thinking he was the next one.  His sly humor on the out-takes from his season made me hopeful that he could carry its. I also do think that Nick is fun because he has been on 3 times.  He gets the process and it will be interesting to see him behave and how he knows how to read the room.  

TLDR recap: I love this because it again shakes up the rut of the who is going to be the next 'star'.  Hopefully from now on the contestants won't all be gunning for the final 4 so they get the next gig.    Picking JoJo and Nick throws the game a curve ball which was very needed.  

Edited by LBS
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, LBS said:

I meant by 'implied' that before JoJo the 3rd or 4th castoff was almost always picked.  So for them to ask for women for Nick is because that is unprecedented for them to pick so far back from a regular season and certainly from a recent BIP.  I don't think anyone applied thinking it was going to be him so why not ask for more to the dating pool who may actually want to date him.  I also think that Nick and Luke are/were both out to advance their careers/brand. I.G Luke with his band. Each have so called 'red flags'

I would of been fine with either .  Luke intrigued me and I was very happy thinking he was the next one.  His sly humor on the out-takes from his season made me hopeful that he could carry its. I also do think that Nick is fun because he has been on 3 times.  He gets the process and it will be interesting to see him behave and how he knows how to read the room.  

TLDR recap: I love this because it again shakes up the rut of the who is going to be the next 'star'.  Hopefully from now on the contestants won't all be gunning for the final 4 so they get the next gig.    Picking JoJo and Nick throws the game a curve ball which was very needed.  

Maybe Luke was in it to advance his career, but I find it very interesting that he nor anybody else on the Bachelorette ever mentioned that he was a singer. You had to go out and search yourself for that information. His IG had things about his band before he was on the show, so that for me is no proof. Anyway, Nick is the current Bachelor and I am resigned to that. I don't get his appeal just like I never got Jake Pavelka's. I had no problem skipping his season and I think it will be the same with Nick.

Edited by comosedice
typo
  • Love 3

Quote: "But Nick is unique in that this is his 4th appearance in the franchise. That's a red flag to me" Kimmel did a video clip of Nick not finding love with Andi, Kaitlyn and every b-ette on BIP. It concluded with if Nick doesn't "find love" as The Bach, he's gay. (Not that it matters, it was just a funny Kimmel monologue bit that made me laugh.) Also, Nick being a "software salesman" or not doesn't matter. At least it's a "job title," unlike "dog lover, "twin" or "Canadian."

I also did not know Luke was a singer or had a band. It was never mentioned on the show, I only read about that here. Contrast that with "Love, It Don't Come Easy" Wes!

• Love 3
10 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I also did not know Luke was a singer or had a band. It was never mentioned on the show, I only read about that here. Contrast that with "Love, It Don't Come Easy" Wes!

Man, I remember "Love, It Don't Come Easy." That was hilarious. Wasn't it said to be big in Chihuahua or some other place in Mexico.

• Love 1

I always wondered if Luke and TPTB were saving the music revelation and the sad songs of looking for love for when he became the bachelor.  Also, they already had James Taylor as the lovelorn singer.

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 3

I'm happy about this, especially if Luke was the other choice. He seems perfectly nice but also perfectly blah for TV. Nick has occasionally seemed like a dink to me, but I liked him on Andi's season, a little meh about him on Kaitlyn's, and loved him on Paradise. Honestly? I'd date him.

• Love 2

Maybe Luke was in it to advance his career, but I find it very interesting that he nor anybody else on the Bachelorette ever mentioned that he was a singer.

Just because the editors chose not to show it, doesn't mean that he didn't talk about it. I think a lot of them go on the show in order to promote their "brand" in some way, but if that doesn't fit with the story the editors want to give us then they're out of luck. Plus as DEL901 said above, they already had James Taylor as the singer.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, OldWiseOne said:

Just because the editors chose not to show it, doesn't mean that he didn't talk about it. I think a lot of them go on the show in order to promote their "brand" in some way, but if that doesn't fit with the story the editors want to give us then they're out of luck. Plus as DEL901 said above, they already had James Taylor as the singer.

Sorry, anybody going on this show to promote himself would include his craft in almost every conversation and make sure his instrument is not far away. I saw way too much of Luke to think that happened. One of the other guys, I think Wells, said in the beginning Luke pretty much kept to himself. We all know to get camera time (key to self-promotion) on this show means interacting with the other guys and getting involved in drama. If he was indeed talking about his music, singing every chance, or playing his guitar we would have seen this at least once. He even got the date with the country singers and still not even a little slip. I thought the guy was a  Texas farmer. Some serious editing must have taken place. I am surprise we saw him at all.

Maybe he did mention it once or twice, but it was edited out. I get the impression that each contestant only gets one "story" through which they are allowed to define themselves on the show, and that someone, whether a producer or Luke himself, decided that his story should be "introspective war veteran". If the band isn't Luke's full-time gig, and/or if he's not the lead singer, I can see why he would want to downplay it, especially since there was already a musician and a radio personality on the show.

• Love 1
On September 2, 2016 at 1:22 PM, sidekickgirl said:

Enjoy the first quarter of 2017. ;)

Thanks! I hope you know there's nothing wrong or difficult about skipping a season, and it won't be hard to find things to do with the three or four hours a week it will free up for me and Mr. MML. One season we took Spanish classes.

• Love 2