Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E21: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

I haven't seen it yet since I'm on the West coast, but of course, by looking at Bethenny's highly censored Twitter account, she came out victorious tonight.  I'm dying to be the judge of that in an hour and a half.

I know that my status as a fan of hers is dead and buried as of this season, regardless of the goings on at the reunion - I'm just curious as to how much more I can possibly despise her.  Every week I'm surprised!  

• Love 17

Dorinda needs to reopen the drug question...just for the sake of her own reputation. Demand that Bethy explain herself and provide some proof for her attack. That I would not let rest. It is something that will haunt Dorinda down the road. And I would go for Sonja as well. 

• Love 11

Bethenny is a hypocrite, if we are going back to Victorian times where women shall not sleep with men, and should be ashamed of any high number of partners.  Then shouldn't we also shame still married people dating?  Get a freakin divorce first, and she has a kid on top of all that.  I mean, I could see how someone could look down on that behavior.  

I understand why people do it, but it is hardly ideal.  

• Love 16
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

Actually, both Sonja and Bethenny said it but Bethenny didn't answer Dorinda's question because she "doesn't want to ruin anyone". LOL She just put it out on national TV that Dorinda does

I stand corrected. :)

I got the impression that all of the women silenced Dorinda because its true.    Heck, she speaks her own language when she hits a certain point.   Whether it is booze, drugs or both, its a serious problem.   

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

How many dresses do we think Carole had to pick from for this reunion and she settled on that one? It looks like the ugly bridesmaid dress Jill had to wear in Odd Mom Out.  She should fire her stylist and hair person and now we have to look at for the 3 parter reunion.

Jules looks like she is wearing a costume from a Guys and Dolls Vegas review.

Is Luanne wearing another jump suit? Maybe next season she will switch it up.

Dorinda's hair looks great as does Bethenny's and Luanne's.

Sonja is soo chill, loving her!

Birthday suit, bathing suit, jump suit, pant suit, the many ages of woman?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

She did not get the memo, never be honest unless it helps Luann.

Yep.  She cooked up the lies with "Tum" about the Regency slobber session and expected Dorinda to go along with it.

Bethenny is right, Lie-ann will always be a liar.

• Love 13

RE: Dorinda and the drug accusation. IDK, I thought she defended herself quite well. I believed her denial that she doesn't do drugs, arguing that she stays home at night and her daughter still lives with her.  I think this was just another Bethenny  shit stirring lie. 

• Love 15
25 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Actually, both Sonja and Bethenny said it but Bethenny didn't answer Dorinda's question because she "doesn't want to ruin anyone". LOL She just put it out on national TV that Dorinda does coke, offers no proof or even say she herself saw them get high/do lines but then backs off when asked for proof. BITCH move!

Really, do we even know if that was Shields daughter or 1 of Bethenny's employees? Either way, it was disgusting to do to his daughter if it was her. Imagine if Jason's GF did that to Bryn!

I would imagine that if it is not his daughter, that we will learn this soon enough. Surely the real daughter would refute it. Or the mother. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

It was hard to hear what the daughter said beyond that Shields had back surgery a year ago so he couldn't have been dating Bethenny. LOL It was a well rehearsed phone call that Bethenny talked over the whole time. Fuck Bethenny for putting his daughter in that position and Fuck Shields for allowing his daughter to do this, he should have manned up and had Bethenny call him on the phone instead.

Well Bethenny had fibroids and was seeing Dennis and travelling with him.  Emotional affairs are just as powerful as physical affairs.

• Love 24
2 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I would imagine that if it is not his daughter, that we will learn this soon enough. Surely the real daughter would refute it. Or the mother. 

I guess I will try to check the site where someone says they know her/are good friends with her to see what they say. So far though, Jill and daughters as well as Shields himself have kept their mouths shut about this and that is to be applauded. Maybe he can teach Bethenny how to close hers. LOL

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Tom has an interview on the Insider-wonder what he has to say

If it is the same thing that was on the East Coast today, not much.

He is sorry that he made a mistake. The wedding will not be televised and Luann mentioned something about People and her dresses.

He also said that he is not interested in being on tv and is just there to support his fiancee.

This was super brief.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, lyric said:

Lu is the worst liar.  In the flashback to the Turks scene - Lu had no idea her guy was married, but shrugged it off.  Tonight, he was crying on her shoulder about being separated / getting divorced.  She's consistent in this 'follow up an indiscretion with a delayed, embarrassingly transparent lie about what really happened' bullshit.  I see you, Lu.  Still can't stand her.

Beth is a shrew and maniac.  That said, she can take down Lu in her sleep.  

Also loved Dorinda's first response to the coke allegation 'we never hang out with you guys...'  not the outrage and adamant denial one would expect.  Not that I think everyone should react how I would - just think it was suspicious.

I loved this trainwreck - bring on next week!

Actually Luann said they discussed their marriages and divorce last year.  None of these women know what conversation went down between Luann and the Scot.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, lyric said:

Lu is the worst liar.  In the flashback to the Turks scene - Lu had no idea her guy was married, but shrugged it off.  Tonight, he was crying on her shoulder about being separated / getting divorced.  She's consistent in this 'follow up an indiscretion with a delayed, embarrassingly transparent lie about what really happened' bullshit.  I see you, Lu.  Still can't stand her.

Beth is a shrew and maniac.  That said, she can take down Lu in her sleep.  

Also loved Dorinda's first response to the coke allegation 'we never hang out with you guys...'  not the outrage and adamant denial one would expect.  Not that I think everyone should react how I would - just think it was suspicious.

I loved this trainwreck - bring on next week!

One of the notable things I think that got missed when they flashed back to Kristen announcing that Luann's guy was married was that she also said that the house manager told her there was a lot of "making out going on", he did not tell Kristen that Luann had sex with the guy or that she took him into the house with her. Luann has always admitted to "making out" with him and she has always denied having sex with him at any time. Yes, Luann tried to soften the fact that he was married by saying they talked about marriage and divorce while they made out but bottom line, they didn't have sex.

Dorinda did ask Bethenny for proof and Bethenny didn't say squat. LOL

• Love 16

Yikes.  You guys are on fire and I'm hoping I don't run out of 'likes'.

Anyway, some random thoughts.  I'm still absorbing.  Beth calls the daughter.  Eye roll.  Ro says and it seems that So and Carole agree.  A daughter doesn't go against her mother.  Um.  Not necessarily so.  We have no idea of the relationship between Dennis's daughter and her mother.  Nor do we know about any of her siblings.  Heck, maybe their mother has had affairs in the past.  It's just really disturbing and the fact that Beth went there just seems to be that this was set up beforehand.  And Andy let it happen?  Whoa.  What a hypocrite. 

Hey, remember in St Johns when Beth had the conversation with Kelly about one night stands and Kelly said she never had one?  Boy was Beth defensive about that one.  I guess it was ok by Beth back then but now if you have one you're a fuck doll.   

The Dorinda does drugs was a bit confusing but as always, what does this have to do with Beth? 

Oh, and Beth didn't look like a person with a 102 fever......

I thought most of the women looked 'nice', nothing special.  Carole looked kind of ridiculous.  The colors washed her out and the dress didn't look flattering in a sitting position.  And yeah, she was really up Beth's ass.

As for Andy, you're a lousy interviewer because you just touch the surface and go no deeper when it doesn't suit your agenda.

Edited by breezy424
I meant St. Johns, not Turks
  • Love 16
18 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

Over on Lipstick Alley, they have the details on the Tom/Regency reveal, sourced from a closed group on Facebook called bitch sash...said that the production crew was at the Regency having drinks, and after the crew needed for Miami left, the ones still there caught Tom with some chick at the bar and took pictures. It was the producers who involved Bethy, and she spent the day of the yacht party negotiating with Bravo for production credit before doing her number on Lu. The interns were pressed to go back to the Regency and interview bartenders and waiters for times and details, as per Bethy's demand that she needed details to back up her story. 

http://www.lipstickalley.com/showthread.php/1075880-Real-Housewives-of-NYC-Season-8-Reunion-Thread/page8

Wow.  This is gross.

18 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Actually Luann said they discussed their marriages and divorce last year.  None of these women know what conversation went down between Luann and the Scot.

Yep, but still after the scene where she seemed to have no clue, the morning after this happened.  Of course, we weren't there for the conversation - I just found her new info on marital discussions at both reunions to be disingenuous and convenient.  Like the Italians and the Pirate, like the fight with Tom and the woman's clutches - I think she's full of shit - it's just how I read her, have always read her, and only my opinion.

For the record, I think Bethenny and Lu are equally despicable.  I just happen to think LuAnn is painfully dumb as well.

Edited by lyric
  • Love 14

I hate Bethenny.  Hate.

On another note, I enjoy looking at the makeup on the women in these stupid reunion shows.  I thought Dorinda's blush color was really awful! She's such a pretty woman - but what was with that blush on her cheeks?  It looked grayish!

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, lyric said:

Wow.  This is gross.

Yep, but still after the scene where she seemed to have no clue, the morning after this happened.  Of course, we weren't there for the conversation - I just found her new info on marital discussions at both reunions to be disingenuous and convenient.  Like the Italians and the Pirate, like the fight with Tom and the woman's clutches - I think she's full of shit - it's just how I read her, have always read her, and only my opinion.

The conversation was supposed to be about Ramons sneaking a guy upstairs.  Luann admitted to making out on the deck.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

Over on Lipstick Alley, they have the details on the Tom/Regency reveal, sourced from a closed group on Facebook called bitch sash...said that the production crew was at the Regency having drinks, and after the crew needed for Miami left, the ones still there caught Tom with some chick at the bar and took pictures. It was the producers who involved Bethy, and she spent the day of the yacht party negotiating with Bravo for production credit before doing her number on Lu. The interns were pressed to go back to the Regency and interview bartenders and waiters for times and details, as per Bethy's demand that she needed details to back up her story. 

http://www.lipstickalley.com/showthread.php/1075880-Real-Housewives-of-NYC-Season-8-Reunion-Thread/page8

Take anything on Lipstick Alley with a big grain of salt. One of the regulars over there has been talking about knowing Shields wife, although very slightly. Despite hardly knowing the woman,  she had been refuting the notion that the daughter would ever back up Beth. Said she heard all the kids hate Beth. She was incredibly certain that there was no way she would get on the phone with Beth. The poster sounded looney to me, but lots of folks were buying into what she was saying, and acting impressed with her inside scoop. In the past on that site, there have been lots of instances where people swear they have inside knowledge about something we will see that generally ends up being not true. 

• Love 11
57 minutes ago, BlackMamba said:

Carole just needed to shut the hell up.   She had no storyline all season and she wanted to act as B's attorney at law.   I wanted to just throw a shoe at my screen everytime she spoke.   What a little tag a long she has become. 

Become? Did you watch last season? She was Heather's tag a long and parrot worse than she is Bethenny's. People called it loyalty and a 'true friendship'. I called it ass kissing of the highest order.

54 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

I'm beyond tired of Carole parroting Bethenny's opinions. I liked her a whole lot better when she was besties with Heather. She wasn't as insufferable.

Ugh. I think she was.  But Heather had fans, which made Carole seem less insufferable.  Imo, Heather was a just a milder, slightly less twisted version of Beth. I thought the pair of them together were almost as bad as Beth and Carole are. Carole has also molded herself to her boyfriend's whims.  This is what she does.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, ryebread said:

Jules' dress reads a little 'old' for her, or something - kind of Mother of the Bride. 

Yes -- something very "matronly meets Alexis Carrington" about it. 

Dorinda's reads Mother of Tara Lipinski.

LOL

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Not only that, but I love how, in Kristen's words - "a little making out" all of sudden, according to Bethenny and Carole, becomes Luann sleeping with the "name unknown" Scot, and from there, has proceeded to bed-hop all over Manhattan.  

Luann admitted to sitting, talking and making out with the guy.  I still don't know why they continue to bring it up this season....let it the fuck go, already.  

• Love 21
1 minute ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Take anything on Lipstick Alley with a big grain of salt. One of the regulars over there has been talking about knowing Shields wife, although very slightly. Despite hardly knowing the woman,  she had been refuting the notion that the daughter would ever back up Beth. Said she heard all the kids hate Beth. She was incredibly certain that there was no way she would get on the phone with Beth. The poster sounded looney to me, but lots of folks were buying into what she was saying, and acting impressed with her inside scoop. In the past on that site, there have been lots of instances where people swear they have inside knowledge about something we will see that generally ends up being not true. 

I agree it is one of hundreds of instances where "people are talking" put their butts on film.  Anyone can make a prediction.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Yikes.  You guys are on fire and I'm hoping I don't run out of 'likes'.

Anyway, some random thoughts.  I'm still absorbing.  Beth calls the daughter.  Eye roll.  Ro says and it seems that So and Carole agree.  A daughter doesn't go against her mother.  Um.  Not necessarily so.  We have no idea of the relationship between Dennis's daughter and her mother.  Nor do we know about any of her siblings.  Heck, maybe their mother has had affairs in the past.  It's just really disturbing and the fact that Beth went there just seems to be that this was set up beforehand.  And Andy let it happen?  Whoa.  What a hypocrite. 

Hey, remember in St Johns when Beth had the conversation with Kelly about one night stands and Kelly said she never had one?  Boy was Beth defensive about that one.  I guess it was ok by Beth back then but now if you have one you're a fuck doll.   

The Dorinda does drugs was a bit confusing but as always, what does this have to do with Beth? 

Oh, and Beth didn't look like a person with a 102 fever......

I thought most of the women looked 'nice', nothing special.  Carole looked kind of ridiculous.  The colors washed her out and the dress didn't look flattering in a sitting position.  And yeah, she was really up Beth's ass.

As for Andy, you're a lousy interviewer because you just touch the surface and go no deeper when it doesn't suit your agenda.

And, wasn't Bethenny offended because Kelly called her a "ho-bag" because SHE had participated in one night stand sex?  

My, how the tune changes when song isn't about the singer....

24 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I saw that and if true, Bethenny did this to get Producer status next season! In other words, Bethenny used something she knew would hurt/humiliate Luann to feather her own cap. What a piece of crap! Bethenny has sold her mother, father, step dad, Jason, his family and her coworkers all to further her own greed. Who's next...Bryn?

Well, if tonight is any indication, apparently, she is willing to sell out her boyfriend's daughter!

• Love 13
1 minute ago, RabbiBeth said:

I hate Bethenny.  Hate.

On another note, I enjoy looking at the makeup on the women in these stupid reunion shows.  I thought Dorinda's blush color was really awful! She's such a pretty woman - but what was with that blush on her cheeks?  It looked grayish!

Yes. The difference between the foundation on her face, which was too light, and the color of her tanned neck was pronounced. Made her look casket ready! As they say on the interwebs Dorinda was wearing Cremation #5.  However, Dorinda's arms and shoulders are A-MAHZING! In fact, her whole body is quite nice. 

Countess make up was generally good, but thought she could have used a bolder lipstick.

Ramona has a face that just can't handle a lot of makeup so less is more with her, so she was on the right track, however, that was a bit 'too less.' Her makeup was a bit too casual for the venue. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, lyric said:

Wow.  This is gross.

For the record, I think Bethenny and Lu are equally despicable.  I just happen to think LuAnn is painfully dumb as well.

I think that Luann, deep down inside, is actually pretty vulnerable, so she is not exactly the best in the heat of a name-calling, nasty tirade toward her.  She gets flustered and tries to out-think the other person, when she isn't the antagonist.  

Not only that, but I also think that while she makes no excuses for her love life, and is honest about it, but she doesn't appreciate being forced to admit anything when she doesn't want to.  I also think that she feels she needs to "protect" the men in her life, or at the very least, maintain their privacy.  

• Love 24