Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E33: Power Of Veto 11

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, backformore said:

It seems like "your boy"  is a way to avoid using the pronouns "Me"  and "I".  But I don't know why anyone would do that - first-person pronouns generally do the trick, and there's no ambiguity. 

Reality TV is full of folks who don't understand when to use "me", "myself" and "I", usually defaulting to "I" and forgetting that "myself" even exists. I don't mind the occasional "your boy" if someone wants to hide his ignorance; hearing the wrong pronoun can grate even more.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Sayla Vee said:

Oh, sure.  Nicole could absolutely count on Michelle (who hates her), Natalie (who dislikes her) and do-nothing James to vote FOR her to make it to the end.  Would Vic and Paul vote her out given the chance.  I bet they would, but I don't see that there will be any altruism on the part of the other showmance and their sidekick either.  That's also a three against two situation.  With the guys, she has worst case scenario of two versus two.

Getting Meech on her side at least for a week (aka long enough to backdoor Victol) is as easy as 'You're safe this week, vote with us next week.' And as shown James and Nat expect that they are working with Nicole. This week she has to break the tie my putting on her big girl panties (not the blue ones she showed everyone yesterday) and voting Paul out. The guys is NOT a two versus two situation because Corey will say 'Later brah' to her when it gets to your supposed two on two situation. As evidenced by his wanting no part of voting out Paul when she brought it up. And unlike James it seems Nicole likes to honor her word so if she decides to "show her hand" and take out Paul and side with James and Nicole instead it means something.

The fact that this isn't the first season dudes have gone into the DR and called themselves "your boy" leads me to suspect it's producer encouraged. I'm sure the producers love to pump up these guys egos and assure them that "America" loves them.

On 9/1/2016 at 10:46 AM, backformore said:

It seems like "your boy"  is a way to avoid using the pronouns "Me"  and "I". 

Then there is the use of "fool" as the subject of a sentence among these men, too.  It seems to be a catch-all for "I" or "you".  

On 9/1/2016 at 2:40 PM, LoneHaranguer said:

Reality TV is full of folks who don't understand when to use "me", "myself" and "I", usually defaulting to "I" and forgetting that "myself" even exists. I don't mind the occasional "your boy" if someone wants to hide his ignorance; hearing the wrong pronoun can grate even more.

The one I see overused is "myself", especially on BB.  "Vic is going to put up James and myself..."  They do it practically every episode in DRs.  

10 hours ago, Nashville said:

If Paul was truly "my boy", then I for one would be investigating  every possible avenue of retroactive abortion.  :>

If Paul was truly "your boy," I'm pissed you didn't spank him more.

• Love 1