Type keyword(s) to search

S23: Vanilla Ice: Can He Winkle His Way Into Our Hearts?

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

2. Yeah, Vanilla Ice has done some other reality stuff. I think a couple of shows on DIY network having to do with home building &/or renovation, & something more recently that involved the Amish, as I remember (I don't think that was on DIY network, but can't remember which cable channel it was on); I think he had to live as they do, or something similar. He might've been in the casts of other shows, like Celebrity Rehab, etc., but I can't remember. The shows about home building/renovation I'm pretty positive about though; the Amish show I'm not quite as positive about.

I got curious about what the Amish show was so I looked up his IMDB, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0406678/

He's got an a surprising long list of credits - only maybe 1/3 are soundtrack.  He's definitely been busy!

5 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

I just Googled the Amish show (I couldn't figure out where it was on his IMDb page). That was Vanilla Ice Goes Amish on HGTV in 2013.

LOL! I couldn't find it on the IMDB page either but then I got sidetracked looking at all the other stuff.

13 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I know he's very unlikely to make it to the freestyle, but I really want to see him dance to Ice Ice Baby. Maybe it would work with a ballroom tango?

I wouldn't be surprised if Ice Ice Baby is used for his 1st week dance. I think that's what he's most known for (for the show's demographic).

I really hope some people are underestimating his appeal to the viewers. I for one want to see him go far. So does my kid! She's 11, and has watched all of his DIY shows (and yes, we jam out to Ice, Ice Baby sometimes). When new episodes of the Vanilla Ice Project get put ondemand she goes nuts.

I can see him rocking Latin, but I'm not sure how he'll do with ballroom.

• Love 2
On 8/30/2016 at 11:53 PM, BW Manilowe said:

I just Googled the Amish show (I couldn't figure out where it was on his IMDb page). That was Vanilla Ice Goes Amish on HGTV in 2013.

My daughter & I really loved it! It was a fun little show with a nice cast. It's hard to find something that is just as interesting to me as it is to my 12 year old!

ETA: I see @Squirrely you had the same experience! <3

• Love 1

I am bummed that he got the boot last night. Maybe people thought he wasn't taking the competition seriously enough with all the touring and one day of rehearsal? But I'll always remember his Al Bundy and the "Love and Marriage" dance. Al refusing Peg sex because he's busy watching DWTS was hilarious.