Type keyword(s) to search

Singing Like a Canary: The Voice Spoilers

Michel
  • Start Topic

Discuss all spoilers for The Voice here.

Yes, even a show like The Voice has the occasional spoiler running around.  Sure, there can't be much to rely on when the live shows roll around, but don't forget the pretaped shows.  Many fans who attend the Blind Audtions, Battle Rounds, and Knockout Rounds are more than willing to spill bits and pieces of what they saw in terms of the matchups and eliminations, as well as the steals that are made or attempted by the coaches.  In addition to that, sometimes online articles reveal tidbits revealed by insiders for the show.  So why not dish about these tidbits and outright spoilers to those with inquiring minds, like myself?  This is the perfect thread for which to do just that!

So I'll start with some I read in an article from Lyndsey Parker on Yahoo!  One that recapped the thirty-minute Olympic preview.  Near the end of it, she expressed that an insider revealed that of the four coaches, Alicia will apparently have the strongest team coming out of the Blinds this season.    Not one of our two veteran coaches.

Not as substantial, but I could see happening, was a spoiler a fan who'd attended the Blinds posted in a comment for a YouTube preview of the season.  He or she said that the order of team strength was Alicia with the strongest team, Blake with the second-strongest, Miley with the third-strongest team (and apparently very close to Blake's team in terms of strength), and Adam, for the second season in a row, lagging behind with the weakest team again.

I'll be back as soon as I can with the link to the Lyndsey Parker recap article for reference.

• Love 5

Well, if what this YouTube user says is accurate, we have our first Battle spoiler.

Apparently, Christian Fermin, the young Asian man whose Blind was montaged on Tuesday, will be facing Gabe Broussard in the Battles.  Gabe wins, and Christian isn't stolen.

It was written by the member Xy lo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXalGOThA_U.  It's in the comments section.

Edited by Michel

Idol Forums has some Battle pairings, with the winners on the left side.  Some are of artists who have yet to have their auditions aired:

http://idolforums.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=731578&view=findpost&p=27264642

Team Adam

Nolan Neal vs. Johnny Rez (hasn't been seen yet)
Andrew DeMuro vs. Riley Elmore
Ponciano Seoane (hasn't been seen yet) vs. Elia Esparza
Billy Gilman vs. Brendan Fletcher
Simone Gundy vs. Bindi Liebowitz

Team Miley

Ali Caldwell vs. Josette (audition didn’t air yet)
Darby Walker vs. Karlee Metzger
Sophia Urista vs. Lane Mack
Aaron Gibson vs. Sa'Rayah
Maye Thomas (audition didn’t air yet) vs. Khaliya Kimberlie

Team Alicia

Belle Jewel (not seen yet) vs. Halle Tomlinson
Michael Sanchez vs. Josh Halverson
Lauren Diaz vs. Dave Moisan
Whitney & Shannon (not seen yet, but interesting to see another dual act on the show) vs. Harrison B. (not seen yet)
Gabriel Violett vs. Jason Warrior
Wé McDonald vs. Christian Cuevas

Team Blake

Kylie Rothfield (hasn't been seen yet) vs. Josh Gallagher
Sundance Head vs. J. Soul (hasn't been seen yet)
Dana Harper vs. Ethan Tucker
Gabe Broussard vs. Christian Fermin
Austin Allsup vs. Preston James
Charity Bowden vs. Dan Shafer

In addition, Jason Warrior is suspected to be stolen by Adam when Alicia lets him go, and Christian Cuevas is said to be stolen by Miley.  Also, there are hints on Twitter that Alicia steals Brendan Fletcher from Adam.

Natasha Bure (Candace Cameron Bure's daughter) is not on there because her battle opponent is unknown as of now.  But she apparently chose Adam after the Blinds (unwisely wasting herself on him) and was dumped when he had no further use for her.  But she was stolen by Blake.

Edited by Michel
1 hour ago, waving feather said:

How does Alicia have 6 battle pairings when there rest only had 5?

The other pairings aren't known, according to Idol Forums.  Alicia's the only one whose pairings are all known.  The rest haven't been sorted out yet.

(edited)
5 hours ago, Keekski said:

I can't believe I am so old that DJ has an 18 year old kid.

Speaking of whom, Idol Forums now reports that Natasha lost her Knockout on Blake's team.  Whether or not she was stolen again is unknown as of now.  She loses to a girl named Charity Bowden, who is stolen from Team Miley by Blake.

And Idol Forums just said that she was in fact eliminated after losing her Knockout.

Edited by Michel

As of tonight's episode, Idol Forums has updated the pairings for the Battles.  At least the ones on Miley and Alicia's teams.  Apparently, they got some wrong.  Winners are still on the left.  Bold names represent those whom they know for sure will be stolen by other coaches.

Team Miley
Ali Caldwell vs. Courtnie Ramirez
Maye Thomas vs. Khaliya Kimberlie
Josette Diaz vs. Charity Bowden

Team Alicia
Jason Warrior vs. Christian Cuevas
Wé McDonald vs. Lauren Diaz
Kylie Rothfield vs. Josh Halverson
Belle Jewel vs. Halle Tomlinson
Michael Sanchez vs. Dave Moisan
Whitney & Shannon vs. Gabriel Violett

Charity is stolen from Miley by Blake, Lauren is stolen from Alicia by Adam, and Christian is supposedly stolen from Alicia by Miley.

Idol Forums still trying to determine and reconfigure Adam and Blake's pairings.  But they're sure about Simone vs. Bindi on Adam's team.  But they now have Sundance going against Dan on Blake's team due to the Battle previews.

Okay.  All of the pairings are about confirmed on Idol Forums, with the winners on the left side:

Team Adam
Billy Gilman vs. Andrew DeMuro
Simone Gundy vs. JSOUL
Nolan Neal vs. Johnny Rez
Ponciano Seoane vs. Elia Esparza
Brendan Fletcher vs. Bindi Liebowitz
Riley Elmore vs. Natasha Bure

Team Miley

Team Alicia
Christian Cuevas vs. Jason Warrior

Team Blake
Sundance Head vs. Dan Shafer
Ethan Tucker vs. Courtney Harrell
Dana Harper vs. Tarra Layne
Josh Gallagher vs. Blaine Long

The behind-the-scenes videos on YouTube have officially locked in the Battle pairings.  They appear in the videos in the order shown above.

Team Adam
Ponciano Seoane vs. Elia Esparza
Riley Elmore vs. Natasha Bure
Nolan Neal vs. Johnny Rez
Simone Gundy vs. JSOUL
Billy Gilman vs. Andrew DeMuro
Brendan Fletcher vs. Bindi Liebowitz

Team Miley

Team Alicia
Christian Cuevas vs. Jason Warrior

Team Blake
Josh Gallagher vs. Blaine Long
Sundance Head vs. Dan Shafer
Ethan Tucker vs. Courtney Harrell
Dana Harper vs. Tarra Layne

Like @Michel did, I put the projected winners on the left.

(edited)

Idol Forums now has the (projected) Knockout pairings posted.  Adam, Miley, and Alicia's pairings are all but locked in, but Blake's are still a bit of a mystery, save for one pair, though the winners are certain.  Like with the Battle pairings, the winners are on the left.  Also, the steals are included.

The pairings for the Knockouts are:

Team Adam
Simone Gundy vs. Dave Moisan
Riley Elmore vs. Jason Warrior
Billy Gilman vs. Ponciano Seoane
Nolan Neal vs. Brendan Fletcher

Team Miley
Ali Caldwell vs. Lauren Diaz
Sophia Urista vs. Josette Diaz
Darby Walker vs. Maye Thomas
Aaron Gibson vs. Josh Halverson

Team Alicia
Christian Cuevas vs. Belle Jewel
Kylie Rothfield vs. Whitney & Shannon
Wé McDonald vs. Courtnie Ramirez
Michael Sanchez vs. Sa'Rayah

Team Blake
Sundance Head vs. Josh Gallagher
Dana Harper vs. Bindi Liebowitz/Courtney Harrell/Karlee Metzger
Gabe Broussard vs. Bindi Liebowitz/Courtney Harrell/Karlee Metzger
Austin Allsup vs. Bindi Liebowitz/Courtney Harrell/Karlee Metzger

Projected Steals
Team Adam: Josh Gallagher
Team Miley: Belle Jewel
Team Alicia: Josh Halverson
Team Blake: Jason Warrior

So if these are true . . .

Team Adam

Of course Adam would keep his two four-chair-turns.  Billy will undoubtedly grab Adam serious votes due to his possible past fanbase.  And Adam has too strong an attachment to Nolan, as well.  And he must be really desperate to take a crooner to the Lives, which would explain Riley's victory.  As for the losers, Ponciano was montaged through the Battles, so obviously the editors weren't gonna spend much time with him because they knew he was going out at the Knockouts.  But I'm feeling no sympathy for Brendan if this is true.  He had a chance to go with Alicia or Miley and decided to waste himself on Adam.  Of course he, too, gets dumped when Adam no longer needs him.  I'm not too shocked he dumps Jason.  He doesn't do his black artists -- at least his male ones -- much justice.  But I am shocked he dumps Dave, a four-chair-turn, over Simone, a two-chair-turn.  He fought really hard for him in the Blinds and jumped all over stealing him in the Battles.  Either Simone really turns it up, Dave really bombs, or both.  And stealing Josh G. is probably another effort at beating Blake with a country artist.

Team Miley

I'm gonna be a bit sad for Lauren, but I had a feeling that Miley had no intention of taking her to the Lives.  Especially if she put her against Ali.  Also not surprised about her sending Josette home, though I imagine it'll be close between her and Sophia.  And Miley adores Darby, so I'm not that shocked about Maye.  And given the choice between Aaron and Josh H., I do think Miley would've wanted to stick with her original team.  Also, Aaron has a voice that Miley can work with.  Josh H. does not.  I'm curious to see why she'd steal Belle, though.  But hopefully, if this steal is right, we'll finally see Belle and hear from her.

Team Alicia

I've thought that Wé, Christian, Kylie, and Michael were Alicia's strongest four artists for some time now, so I'm not surprised that any of them go through to the Lives.  But at the same time . . . what the fuck is she thinking to get rid of her pair?!  Does no one wanna at least try to have a successful duo?!  Whitney & Shannon might've nabbed some popularity votes at the Lives!  Not surprised at Belle, Courtnie, or Sa'Rayah losing, though, given their opponents.  Christian is on another level from Belle.  So is Wé, compared to Courtnie.  But Michael must do a lot to overcome Sa'Rayah's powerful voice.  As for Whitney & Shannon's loss, Kylie must really kick their asses.  And while I like Josh H., I think he's a waste of a steal for Alicia.  I might've gone for any of Adam's losers save for Ponciano, stolen Lauren back from Miley, stolen Maye from her, or maybe gone for Courtney (since she had turned for her in the Blinds) or Karlee from Blake, depending on their performances.

Team Blake

Not surprised that Blake doesn't keep either of his steals, Bindi or Karlee.  Neither seems to be in his wheelhouse, anyway.  But I suspect that Courtney goes against Dana since they're of similar backgrounds and sing in similar styles, and that Blake will only want one of them on his team going into the Lives.  Of the two, I could see him being more intrigued by Dana than by Courtney.  Blake will obviously want to take his country guys, Sundance, Gabe, and Austin, to the Lives.  I wonder if stealing Jason, though, is similar to why he stole Joe Maye last season -- easy fodder at the Lives to allow one of his favorites to have less competition for the votes?

Edited by Michel
  • Love 2

Well, the first incorrect Knockout spoiler has come up.  I think someone confused Courtney and Dana, because Courtney actually got through tonight, winning against Bindi.  This makes me wonder if Dana goes home next week instead?

Some early spoilers of the Blinds for season twelve from Idol Forums, all relating to Gwen:

Audition-related spoilers
- Between the auditions, someone showed the coaches a board with pictures and information of the contestants they had already picked so they can strategize about their teams.
- The first auditioner was a 13 years old boy, who managed to turn Gwen and Alicia's chairs (same chairs Braiden Sunshine turned #RIP). He and Gwen were getting along very well but he ended up picking Alicia.
- At some point, Blake and Gwen ended up fighting for a girl, and one of the coaches said she could sing any genre. Gwen then said she already recorded with Adam and with Blake himself. Not revealed who she picked, but based on the info, most likely Gwen.
- A girl sung Dangerous Woman (Ariana Grande) and Gwen was the only who turned for her.
- In the afternoon, 8 auditions were recorded, and by the end of the taping, Gwen already had 6 contestants on her team.
- The first audition of the afternoon was a girl who turned all four chairs. Gwen obviously used her typical fashion arguments, which made Blake make fun of her. Adam and Alicia competed more aggressively for the girl. Not revealed who she picked, but it wasn't Gwen.
- The second audition was of a girl who sung a Kelly Clarkson song. Her backstory was tragic and she said she would've died last year if it wasn't for music. Blake said he felt the girl would connect more with Gwen and basically gave her the contestant.
- For the other four chair turn audition, a guy sung Sexual Healing (Marvin Gaye) and ended up picking Gwen too, shocking the whole universe and Gwen herself.

Other information
- They tape the auditions in the morning and in the afternoon.
- The producers told the audience to not talk with the coaches, since they are working; unless they speak to the audience.
- Gwen didn't give the usual #TeamGwen t-shirts to her team; instead, she was giving them #TeamGwen caps.
- Gwen and Alicia are very supportive of each other.
- There was a woman who brought water bottles for everyone, and all the coaches ignored her, except for Gwen who turned her attention away from her phone to thank her (well done Gwen!).

Source is from here.

My thoughts:

A thirteen-year-old?!  Wow.  That's the youngest we've had on the show.  But I guess with X-Factor gone, the teens have to find somewhere to come.

Interesting to find out that Gwen did so well on her first day back, already filling up her team halfway.  Either they were largely some weak one-chair-turns, or she actually did a much better job fighting for the artists she wanted this time around.  Sounds like she really went for it this season.

Good to hear that again, the two female coaches get along.  I liked seeing how well Alicia got along with Miley last season, so it's a relief to hear that she's on good terms with Gwen, too.

Edited by Jabu

Don't know where to put this, so I'll put it on different threads till I know what's right.

Adam leaked a Blind on his Facebook page:

Since it was on his page, she might've chosen him.  But Blake fought just as hard, so she might've chosen him instead.  But I lean toward Adam being her choice since I don't see him leaking a Blind in which he wasn't chosen.  His ego wouldn't allow it.

Okay.  I happen to know a good many Battle pairings coming up next week.  If you wanna know them, here they are, with the projected, speculated, or simply rumored winners on the left.  The only teams to have all six pairs known or at least suspected at this time are Team Gwen, Team Alicia, and Team Blake.

Team Adam
Mark Isaiah vs. Gaby Borromeo
Johnny Hayes vs. Julien Martinez
Hanna Eyre vs. Nala Price
Malik Davage vs. Kawan DeBose

Unaccounted for: Jesse Larson, Taylor Alexander, Josh West, and Sheena Brook.  This is such a clusterfuck of artists that I don't know who Adam would pair with whom.

Team Gwen
JChosen vs. Kenny P
Johnny Gates vs. Sammie Zonana
Stephanie Rice vs. Caroline Sky (Blake steal)
Troy Ramey vs. Jozy Bernadette
Brandon Royal vs. Davina Leone (Adam steal)
Aaliyah Rose vs. Savannah Leighton

Unaccounted for: No one.

Team Alicia
Quizz Swanigan vs. Felicia Temple
Chris Blue vs. R.J. Collins
Jack Cassidy vs. Hunter Plake (Gwen steal)
Anatalia Villaranda vs. Missy Robertson
Vanessa Ferguson vs. Autumn Turner
Lilli Passero vs. Lauryn Judd

Team Blake
Dawson Coyle vs. Aliyah Moulden (likely Alicia steal)
Lauren Duski vs. Brennley Brown (Gwen steal)
TSoul vs. Josh Hoyer
Casi Joy vs. Ashley Levin (three-chair steal, revealed on Fallon's show during Adam's visit there, but coach unknown)
Enid Ortiz vs. Valerie Ponzio
Andrea Thomas vs. Micah Tryba

Edited by Vyk
  • Love 2

Battle pairs have been revealed already.  Again, the projected, speculated, or rumored winners are on the left.

Team Adam
Malik Davage vs. Kawan DeBose
Jesse Larson vs. Taylor Alexander
Johnny Hayes vs. Julien Martinez
Josh West vs. Nala Price
Mark Isaiah vs. Gaby Borromeo
Hanna Eyre vs. Sheena Brook

Team Gwen
Johnny Gates vs. Sammie Zonana
Stephanie Rice vs. Caroline Sky (Blake steal)
JChosen vs. Kenny P
Troy Ramey vs. Jozy Bernadette
Brandon Royal vs. Davina Leone (Adam steal)
Aaliyah Rose vs. Savannah Leighton

Team Alicia
Quizz Swanigan vs. Felicia Temple (likely Blake steal)
Chris Blue vs. R.J. Collins
Jack Cassidy vs. Hunter Plake (Gwen steal)
Anatalia Villaranda vs. Missy Robertson
Vanessa Ferguson vs. Autumn Turner
Lilli Passero vs. Lauryn Judd

Team Blake
Lauren Duski vs. Brennley Brown (Gwen steal)
Aliyah Moulden vs. Dawson Coyle (likely Alicia steal)
TSoul vs. Josh Hoyer
Andrea Thomas vs. Micah Tryba
Casi Joy vs. Ashley Levin (three-chair steal, revealed during Adam's visit on Fallon last night, likely going to Alicia)
Enid Ortiz vs. Valerie Ponzio

Edited by Vyk
  • Love 3

Interesting.  Through the descriptions of the Battle episodes, Idol Forums was able to determine who'll be using their steals in each episode:

"BATTLES PREMIERE"

03/20/2017 (08:00PM - 10:00PM) (Monday) : THE COACHES ENLIST MUSIC INDUSTRY HEAVYWEIGHTS LUKE BRYAN, CELINE DION, DJ KHALED AND JOHN LEGEND TO PREPARE THEIR ARTISTS FOR THE BATTLE ROUNDS-The "battle rounds" begin and the coaches enlist the help of top recording artists and producers to offer their knowledge and skills as advisers. Alicia Keys teams up with DJ Khaled, Adam Levine with John Legend, Blake Shelton with Luke Bryan and Gwen Stefani with Celine Dion. In this phase, the coaches pit two of their own team members against each other in a dueling duet. After the vocal face-off, each coach must choose which artist from their team is the strongest, and has the option of stealing losing artists from an opposing coach. Each coach has two steals during the battle rounds where their artists will proceed to the knockout rounds.

"BATTLES PREMIERE, PART 2"

03/21/2017 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Tuesday) : THE BATTLES CONTINUE- THE COACHES ENLIST MUSIC INDUSTRY HEAVYWEIGHTS LUKE BRYAN, CELINE DION, DJ KHALED AND JOHN LEGEND TO PREPARE THEIR ARTISTS FOR THE BATTLE ROUNDS -Tonight, two of Gwen's artists are shocked by the challenge of having to take on a Celine Dion song - in front of Celine, herself. Alicia and DJ Khaled are floored by the two R&B stars she paired against each other, and Luke Bryan and Blake team up to surprisingly show two young pop artists how to work the stage. Gwen, Alicia, and Blake each have a steal left, while Adam has two - and is on the hunt.

BATTLES, PART 3

03/27/2017 (08:00PM - 10:00PM) (Monday) : THE BATTLES CONTINUE- THE COACHES ENLIST MUSIC INDUSTRY HEAVYWEIGHTS LUKE BRYAN, CELINE DION, DJ KHALED AND JOHN LEGEND TO PREPARE THEIR ARTISTS FOR THE BATTLE ROUNDS- Tonight, Blake, Adam, and Gwen each have steals, and surprises abound as the artists hold nothing back in an attempt to move forward to the Knockouts. Alicia and DJ Khaled work their magic to create battle arrangements like we've never heard before on the Voice stage. Adam shows tough love to bring out the best in two of his artists when they are given a John Legend hit, in front of John himself. Blake and Luke Bryan celebrate their surprising love of soul music. And, Gwen and Adam develop a rivalry for the artists they want.

"BATTLES, PART 4"

03/28/2017 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Tuesday) : THE BATTLES CONCLUDE- THE COACHES ENLIST MUSIC INDUSTRY HEAVYWEIGHTS LUKE BRYAN, CELINE DION, DJ KHALED AND JOHN LEGEND TO PREPARE THEIR ARTISTS FOR THE BATTLE ROUNDS-The "battle rounds" conclude unlike ever before as the night begins with Alicia sitting down at the piano to help her artists, leaving the two of them and DJ Khaled equally in awe of Alicia herself on "the keys." Adam and John Legend help an unlikely pairing find common ground and put on a performance that wows the coaches. Celine Dion stuns Team Gwen's final battle pair when she personally choreographs their performance. Adam, the only coach left with a steal, finds the artist he's been waiting for.

Edited by Vyk
  • Love 1

Sounds to me, based on the bolded parts, like the steals go down as follows:

Battle Episode 1: Blake, Gwen, and Alicia each use one steal.
Battle Episode 2: Alicia uses her last steal.
Battle Episode 3 : Blake and Gwen use their second steals, while Adam uses his first.
Battle Episode 4 : Adam uses his last steal.

Very unusual for Adam to have the last steal.  This is really not his season for him to be lagging behind that much.  He usually uses both of his Battle steals first.

So looking at what I've seen in terms of the deductions made on Idol Forums, it's a good chance that the six Battles in the first Battle episode will be, in whatever order:

Mark Isaiah vs. Gaby Borromeo (Team Adam)
JChosen vs. Kenny P (Team Gwen)
Anatalia Villaranda vs. Missy Robertson (Team Alicia)
Quizz Swanigan vs. Felicia Temple (Team Alicia)
Casi Joy vs. Ashley Levin (Team Blake)
Lauren Duski vs. Brennley Brown (Team Blake)

Blake will likely steal Felicia, though perhaps Missy or Gaby could be possibilities, as his second steal isn't known for sure.  But Felicia seems like the most likely one.  Also, Gwen will definitely steal Brennley, and Alicia fights Adam and Gwen for Ashley and wins.

The second episode will have the following Battles:

Johnny Gates vs. Sammie Zonana (Team Gwen)
Chris Blue vs. R.J. Collins (Team Alicia)
Aliyah Moulden vs. Dawson Coyle (Team Blake)
. . . and three montages.  Yes, even with This is Us now over for the season, NBC still won't let the show have two Battle hours on Tuesdays.  Now they have to push an hour of the new Trial & Error on us.

Anyway, only Alicia steals, and it's likely she steals the Aliyah/Dawson loser.  It's speculated to be Dawson, but I can see Blake keeping him and opening the way for Alicia to steal Aliyah instead.

The third episode will have at least these four Battles:

Malik Davage vs. Kawan DeBose (Team Adam)
Stephanie Rice vs. Caroline Sky (Team Gwen)
Jack Cassidy vs. Hunter Plake (Team Alicia)
TSoul vs. Josh Hoyer (Team Blake)

It's been known for weeks now that Blake steals Caroline, so that's his other steal.  Gwen has also been known to steal Hunter (and Hunter made a rather telling tweet hinting at that earlier this week).  And Adam uses his first steal, but that's unknown.

The fourth episode will for sure have this pairing, unless episode three has it:

Brandon Royal vs. Davina Leone (Team Gwen)

Adam has been confirmed for a while now to have stolen Davina from Gwen, so this must be when he does it.

Whew.  Make of all of this what you will.

Edited by Vyk
  • Love 1

Okay.  All six Battles proposed by Idol Forums happened as predicted.  So going on that note, the next Battles coming up are:

Josh West vs. Nala Price (Team Adam)
Aaliyah Rose vs. Savannah Leighton (Team Gwen)
Johnny Gates vs. Sammie Zonana (Team Gwen)
Chris Blue vs. R.J. Collins (Team Alicia)
Aliyah Moulden vs. Dawson Coyle (Team Blake)
Andrea Thomas vs. Micah Tryba (Team Blake)

. . . And because I've seen Johnny vs. Sammie, Chris vs. R.J., and Aliyah vs. Dawson promoted fairly heavily in the days leading up to the Battles, I think they're the odds-on favorites to be shown, while Josh vs. Nala, Aaliyah vs. Savannah, and Andrea vs. Micah will likely be montaged.

• Love 1

Idol Forums has the Knockout teams for each determined, so you'll know how the remaining matchups will go, as well as the steals.  The only one whose members aren't fully locked in are Adam's, but seven are definite.  The last one is up in the air between two people.

Team Adam
Mark Isaiah
Josh West
Hanna Eyre
Jesse Larson
Malik Davage
Johnny Hayes
Davina Leone (stolen from Gwen)
Autumn Turner/Lauryn Judd (whoever appears in Monday's episode and loses her Battle, stolen from Alicia)

Team Gwen
JChosen
Johnny Gates
Aaliyah Rose
Stephanie Rice
Troy Ramey
Brandon Royal
Brennley Brown (stolen from Blake)
Hunter Plake (stolen from Alicia)

Team Alicia
Anatalia Villaranda
Quizz Swanigan
Chris Blue
Jack Cassidy
Vanessa Ferguson
Lilli Passero
Ashley Levin (stolen from Blake)
Dawson Coyle (stolen from Blake)

Team Blake
Lauren Duski
Casi Joy
Andrea Thomas
Aliyah Moulden
TSoul
Enid Ortiz
Felicia Temple (stolen from Alicia)
Caroline Sky (stolen from Gwen)

The fact that none of the Battle steals are from Team Adam once again says how weak his team is this season.  Very unimpressive.  Two steals are from Team Gwen, while three steals each come from Team Alicia and Team Blake.

Edited by Vyk

Ohhhhhhh, boy.  So despite it being a much-maligned thing (especially with how it went down in season ten), and despite fans hating it very much, the Coach Comeback is back on this season.  There will be a top twenty-four rather than a top twenty.

Also, the real-time voting thing is still on, too.  Playoff Week is only having two days.

"LIVE PLAYOFFS, NIGHT 1"

04/17/2017 (08:00PM - 10:01PM) (Monday) : THE PLAYOFFS BEGIN - "THE VOICE" TOP 24 ARTISTS PERFORM FOR A SPOT IN THE TOP 12 THROUGH REAL-TIME VOTING - The stakes are high as the artists from two teams perform in front of coaches Alicia Keys, Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, and Gwen Stefani for their chance at a coveted spot in the live shows. Through innovative real-time voting on the Voice App and Twitter, fans will be able to advance two artists per team into the Top 12 and find out the results on the same night. During this exciting and music-filled night, two coaches will then immediately choose the final artist from their teams to save, sending the other artists home. Carson Daly ("TODAY Show") hosts.

"LIVE PLAYOFFS, NIGHT 2"

04/18/2017 (08:00PM - 10:01PM) (Tuesday) : THE PLAYOFFS CONTINUE - "THE VOICE" TOP 24 ARTISTS PERFORM FOR A SPOT IN THE TOP 12 THROUGH REAL-TIME VOTING - The stakes are high as the artists from two teams perform in front of coaches Alicia Keys, Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, and Gwen Stefani for their chance at a coveted spot in the live shows. Through innovative real-time voting on the Voice App and Twitter, fans will be able to advance two artists per team into the Top 12 and find out the results on the same night. During this exciting and music-filled night, two coaches will then immediately choose the final artist from their teams to save, sending the other artists home. Carson Daly ("TODAY Show") hosts.

Seriously.  Whoever thought that either one of these twists should still be a thing should be fired.

Edited by Vyk
  • Love 1

The worst aspect of season nine and season ten's Playoffs (though at least none of them got through in season nine) combined with the worst aspect of season eleven's Playoffs?  Yeah.  That's gonna go over so well with the fans.

Why, Show?!  WHY?!

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 6:28 PM, Jabu said:

The worst aspect of season nine and season ten's Playoffs (though at least none of them got through in season nine) combined with the worst aspect of season eleven's Playoffs?  Yeah.  That's gonna go over so well with the fans.

Why, Show?!  WHY?!

This just shows one thing: that NBC's execs are douchebags who do whatever they want, even after the fans have repeatedly said they don't like it.

Anyway, with the Battles done, I now have the Knockout pairs.  For Team Adam, two are speculation by Idol Forums, one is closely suspected, and only one is perfectly known (once again proving how much of a mess his team is this season).  Team Gwen, Team Alicia, and Team Blake are all but locked in, though.

Winners are once again on the left.

Team Adam
Josh West vs. Johnny Hayes (previewed at the end of the last Battle episode)
Hanna Eyre vs. Davina Leone (suspected since their genres and styles are so similar)
Mark Isaiah vs. Malik Davage/Autumn Turner
Jesse Larson vs. Autumn Turner/Malik Davage

Adam's last two pairs are more of a mess, since there are differences among all four and no real similarities or lanes to clear for him here.  But Idol Forums suspects Mark will go against Malik since they're closer in age, and Jesse against Autumn because . . . that's who's left.

Team Gwen
JChosen vs. Brandon Royal
Troy Ramey vs. Stephanie Rice (Alicia steal)
Hunter Plake vs. Johnny Gates (this one shocked me)
Brennley Brown vs. Aaliyah Rose (previewed at the end of the last Battle episode; Blake steal)

Team Alicia
Chris Blue vs. Quizz Swanigan (previewed at the end of the last Battle episode)
Ashley Levin vs. Lilli Passero (previewed at the end of the last Battle episode; Adam steal)
Anatalia Villaranda vs. Dawson Coyle
Vanessa Ferguson vs. Jack Cassidy

Team Blake
Casi Joy vs. Felicia Temple (previewed at the end of the last Battle episode)
TSoul vs. Enid Ortiz (previewed at the end of the last Battle episode)
Aliyah Moulden vs. Caroline Sky (Gwen steal)
Lauren Duski vs. Andrea Thomas (probably the odds-on favorite to get montaged because of Andrea's prior double montage)

Meaning the Live teams will shake out as:

Team Adam
Josh West
Hanna Eyre
Mark Isaiah
Jesse Larson
Lilli Passero

Team Gwen
JChosen
Troy Ramey
Hunter Plake
Brennley Brown
Caroline Sky

Team Alicia
Chris Blue
Ashley Levin
Anatalia Villaranda
Vanessa Ferguson
Stephanie Rice

Team Blake
Casi Joy
TSoul
Aliyah Moulden
Lauren Duski
Aaliyah Rose

I can only imagine who'll get the votes from these groups.  With the real-time voting going on, I'm scared that we'll get another subpar top twelve like the real-time voting did to us last season.

Edited by Vyk
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Vyk said:

Hunter Plake vs. Johnny Gates (this one shocked me)

Wow. I'm shocked too. And sad. Johnny has so much more star power and charisma than Hunter. Bleh.

1 hour ago, Vyk said:

Enid Ortiz vs. TSoul (previewed at the end of the last Battle episode)

I'm pleasantly surprised by this because I love Enid. Blake's team is all female. Awesome.

After the knockouts, Gwen's team appears the weakest, IMO. She bled a lot of her good ones.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, waving feather said:

Wow. I'm shocked too. And sad. Johnny has so much more star power and charisma than Hunter. Bleh.

I'm pleasantly surprised by this because I love Enid. Blake's team is all female. Awesome.

Agreed.  But Johnny must really mess up for this to happen.  Only way I can think of it.  However, assuming Comebacks are indeed happening, there's always a chance Gwen brings him back.  He's probably a lock for that.

As for Enid . . . oops.  Sorry.  I was too focused on putting them alphabetically and forgot the winner/loser order.  Look again.  TSoul actually wins, not Enid.

Edited by Vyk
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, waving feather said:

After the knockouts, Gwen's team appears the weakest, IMO. She bled a lot of her good ones.

Uh . . . you do see she's the only one with no one-chair-turns going into the Lives, right?  Far from the weakest.  Losing Johnny and Stephanie made her team weaker, but I still see Adam with the runaway weakest team (though picking up Lilli does probably give him a little more strength, though I doubt she pulls the votes or gets his save in the Lives).

Alicia or Blake probably has the strongest Live team, though.  Probably Alicia, since picking up Stephanie will be a major boon for her.

Edited by Vyk
  • Love 1

Well, thanks to a promo that aired during Days of our Lives today, Idol Forums managed to properly lock in Adam's pairings.  It seems that Hanna's opponent wasn't Davina as was previously speculated.  All teams' pairs below once more:

Team Adam
Josh West vs. Johnny Hayes
Hanna Eyre vs. Autumn Turner
Mark Isaiah vs. Davina Leone
Jesse Larson vs. Malik Davage

Team Gwen
Hunter Plake vs. Johnny Gates (seriously still shocked by this; you were doing so well, Gwen!  WTF?!)
Brennley Brown vs. Aaliyah Rose (Blake steal)

Team Alicia
Chris Blue vs. Quizz Swanigan
Ashley Levin vs. Lilli Passero (Adam steal)

Team Blake
Casi Joy vs. Felicia Temple
TSoul vs. Enid Ortiz
Aliyah Moulden vs. Caroline Sky (Gwen steal)
Lauren Duski vs. Andrea Thomas

Since this leaves all of the Live teams more or less the same, I refrained from bringing them down here again.

Edited by Vyk
  • Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 5:00 AM, waving feather said:

I really don't like that it looks like Gwen gave Stephanie up, but when I looked up Hunter and Johnny's song choices, I realized right away that Hunter far and away had to have wiped the floor with Johnny.  The former is supposed to do Percy Sledge's "When a Man Loves a Woman," and the latter is supposed to do Lady Gaga's "Million Reasons."  What kind of choice is that for Johnny to do?!

That said, IMO, even without Stephanie and Johnny, I think Gwen still has a solid Live team.  She actually holds onto both of her four-chair-turns this time (and is the only one of the coaches who got more than one four-chair to actually maintain them both, while Alicia gave up Autumn, and Blake gave up Valerie).  But it'll depend on the public, of course, to see how long they are last.

• Love 2

Tomorrow and Tuesday's Knockout pairings (names are alphabetical this time, like the show does it, not in winner-on-left-loser-on-right format):

Team Adam
Autumn Turner vs. Hanna Eyre
Johnny Hayes vs. Josh West

Team Gwen
Aaliyah Rose vs. Brennley Brown
Hunter Plake vs. Johnny Gates

Team Alicia
Ashley Levin vs. Lilli Passero
Chris Blue vs. Quizz Swanigan

Team Blake
Enid Ortiz vs. TSoul

Which leaves the Knockout pairings of next Monday to be (names are again alphabetical):

Team Adam
Davina Leone vs. Mark Isaiah

Team Gwen
Brandon Royal vs. JChosen
Stephanie Rice vs. Troy Ramey

Team Alicia
Jack Cassidy vs. Vanessa Ferguson

Team Blake
Aliyah Moulden vs. Caroline Sky
Andrea Thomas vs. Lauren Duski (still thinking that Andrea's prior double montage will cause this one to be the unlucky montaged Knockout)

• Love 1
(edited)

WHOA!  This threw me for a loop!  Apparently, Idol Forums got Gwen's Knockout steal wrong!  Judging by the songs that've gone up on iTunes for tonight, it seems that one of tonight's losers gets an unexpected steal rather than Caroline next week.

Caroline does not get stolen back.  She is eliminated.  The one stolen by Gwen . . . is Quizz!

Meaning that now, the pairs now stack up as the following:

Team Adam
Josh West vs. Johnny Hayes
Hanna Eyre vs. Autumn Turner
Mark Isaiah vs. Davina Leone

Team Gwen
Hunter Plake vs. Johnny Gates
Brennley Brown vs. Aaliyah Rose (Blake steal)

Team Alicia
Ashley Levin vs. Lilli Passero (Adam steal)
Chris Blue vs. Quizz Swanigan (Gwen steal)

Team Blake
Enid Ortiz vs. TSoul
Aliyah Moulden vs. Caroline Sky
Lauren Duski vs. Andrea Thomas

Meaning that no steals come from either of the men's teams.  All of them come from the women's teams.

So the new Live teams are:

Team Adam
Josh West
Hanna Eyre
Mark Isaiah
Jesse Larson
Lilli Passero

Team Gwen
JChosen
Troy Ramey
Hunter Plake
Brennley Brown
Quizz Swanigan

Team Alicia
Chris Blue
Ashley Levin
Anatalia Villaranda
Vanessa Ferguson
Stephanie Rice

Team Blake
Casi Joy
TSoul
Aliyah Moulden
Lauren Duski
Aaliyah Rose

So Brennley will now be the only girl on Gwen's team.  Once again, her obsession with men and boys wins the day.  Goddamn it, Gwen!  Stop spouting your "girl power" mantra if you're not even gonna keep them!  Seriously.  I like her, but this should give all girls and women who audition in future seasons in which she's a coach a reason not to pick her, and every reason in the world for a boy or man to pick her.  They'll be safe by default on her team.

Also, an incorrect song spoiler.  Hunter won't be singing "When a Man Loves a Woman" (though apparently, someone sang it in the Knockouts).  He'll be singing "I Want to Know What Love Is."

Edited by Vyk
  • Love 2
(edited)

So . . . the Comebacks are indeed a thing this season.  Josh West just posted a picture of all of Team Adam (minus Hanna Eyre) on his Instagram.  And the artist Adam chose to return is . . .

17522677_10206578128970967_2598518333264 

. . . Johnny Hayes.

Now, this is interesting.  I think Johnny, if he gets the votes, could really upset Adam's apple cart.  Especially if his ideal team is Mark, Hanna, and either Josh or Jesse (like I'm thinking it is).

ETA: Apparently, Josh wasn't allowed to reveal this till possibly sometime next week, so he had to take the photo down.  Even more confirmation that Johnny is, in fact, Adam's Comeback artist.

Edited by Vyk
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

Any one know who Alicia's comeback will be?  I'm hoping Dawson!

It's suspected to be Jack, who loses his Knockout to Vanessa on Monday.  He was seen having dinner with Hunter in L.A. last night.  Team Alicia has been arriving for rehearsals for the Lives since at least Wednesday or Thursday.

On another note, Johnny Gates has been spotted in L.A., as well, and is suspected to be Gwen's Comeback.  No news or suspicions about Blake's, though.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Vyk said:

It's suspected to be Jack, who loses his Knockout to Vanessa on Monday.  He was seen having dinner with Hunter in L.A. last night.  Team Alicia has been arriving for rehearsals for the Lives since at least Wednesday or Thursday.

On another note, Johnny Gates has been spotted in L.A., as well, and is suspected to be Gwen's Comeback.  No news or suspicions about Blake's, though.

Bummer, but thank you!

• Love 2

@Vyk You may want to check the Johnny Gates link you posted.  When I click on it, it just takes me right back to this page.  OTOH, when I copy the script and paste it to open on a new page, I can get to Johnny's Twitter feed.  Strange.  Who knows?  It may just be my notebook.

BTW, it's really nice to have all the good spoilers available without my having to go hunt for them myself.  You're providing a valuable service!  HaHa   :D

• Love 3
(edited)
On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:21 AM, ProudMary said:

@Vyk You may want to check the Johnny Gates link you posted.  When I click on it, it just takes me right back to this page.  OTOH, when I copy the script and paste it to open on a new page, I can get to Johnny's Twitter feed.  Strange.  Who knows?  It may just be my notebook.

Link is fixed.

Well, with this new link, Johnny is about ninety-nine-percent confirmed as Gwen's Comeback now:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnnySings/stat...27985225728?p=v

Also, it looks like Blake's Comeback has been revealed to be . . . Felicia Temple:

https://www.facebook.com/feliciatemplemusic...4035949616615:0

The setting is the same hotel in which the contestants stay during the Lives.  In season ten, Mary Sarah posted selfies in the same hotel.

And while no concrete proof is present, it's still looking like Alicia's Comeback is indeed going to be Jack Cassidy.

So the Comebacks are:

Team Adam: Johnny Hayes
Team Gwen: Johnny Gates
Team Alicia: Jack Cassidy
Team Blake: Felicia Temple

I don't think Felicia will make a dent in Blake's team or his planned top three.  But Jack and both Johnnys could definitely upset Adam, Gwen, and Alicia's apple carts a fair bit.

Edited by Vyk
  • Love 1
(edited)

Ah!  Lauren tweeted this at 1:03 p.m. yesterday:

"I feel like I'm in a Bob Ross painting" @iamtroymusic @JohnnySings

Clearly implies Johnny Gates was there.  Just further proof that he's the Comeback for Team Gwen.  And since he was mentioned along with Troy, this just cements that Troy won his Knockout against Stephanie.  Sounds like Team Gwen was having their rehearsal(s) for Lives at that time, and Lauren got to hear them somehow.

This, of course, also confirms that Lauren made the Lives on Blake's team.

Edited by Vyk
  • Love 1

Thanks for the updates! Was hoping Johnny Gates would be brought back for Gwen - super thrilled about that.

Felicia is an interesting choice...was hoping for Enid.

I think Adam's team sucks either way, and he didn't have a great pool to choose from.

I'm not a big fan of Jack, but I agree he was the right person to bring back for Alicia. She's got a really interesting lineup. I thought I was Team Gwen this season, but after seeing Alicia's roster, I think I like her artists better (mostly Vanessa and Stephanie). On Team Gwen, it's only Johnny and Hunter that I'm interested in.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sugar said:

I think Adam's team sucks either way, and he didn't have a great pool to choose from.

I would've brought back Gaby Borromeo, honestly, since she was at least the best of a very lackluster, mediocre group of artists from whom to choose.  I can easily see Johnny Hayes fading into the woodwork.

Edited by Vyk
  • Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:47 PM, Dots And Stripes said:

Johnny Gates makes perfect sense. Felicia makes sense to me too. I'm surprised Autumn wasn't chosen.

Honestly, of Gwen's eliminated artists, Johnny was the best she could've chosen, with Kenny P. probably a close second.  Felicia also does make sense, but I'm surprised she was chosen by Blake, not Alicia.  I think Adam was always going to bring Johnny Hayes back, so Autumn might not have even been considered by him.  She might've been by Alicia, but passed over when she realized that she already has Vanessa filling her particular lane.

Edited by Vyk
  • Love 1

Well, this first clue to one of the individual Comebacks more or less confirms that Alicia chose Jack:

For voter potential alone, she might've made the right choice.

• Love 2