Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E16: Sarah from Canada

• Start Topic

Not sure I can finish this episode.  Sarah and Kole are such bad actors that it makes me question if any of this is real.  Kole pinged my gaydar big time.

Her trauma is that she was on a field trip to Japan when the tsunami happened, and felt inconvenienced?

This episode almost felt like an SNL version of Intervention.

Edited by DrivingSideways
  • Love 5

I think this entire season of Intervention has felt faked.  I almost didn't watch this episode, and I wish I'd listened to my gut feeling and avoided this episode.  This might be it for me, which is a shame, since this used to be an amazing show.  I don't know what went wrong.

• Love 2

There is something about the production value of the Canadian episodes that is different to me.  I can't quite put my finger on it.  I don't feel like they're fake, more like... overproduced, maybe?  It kind of feels like the participants might be coached as they are on other reality shows; situations that are more staged than real.  Maybe they do this on the US version too and it's just more noticeable with this team - I don't know.

I also feel like I might have ... seen this before?  The tsunami connection was very deja vu for me. 

• Love 1

I think a lot of it comes from the fact that there is no "inciting incident".   Puberty just hit Sarah hard and add a few insecurities that were never dealt with properly.  She partied her pain away instead of therapy.  It happens.  But it is also kinda boring to watch.  

Plus I have no investment in the Canada interventionists.  

Edited by Chaos Theory

When the Interventionist shows up and it's not Candy finnigan I'm bummed out 

candy is the ISH.  This definately was a weird season . Love the show tho- get it together Intervention !!!! 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, DrivingSideways said:

Her trauma is that she was on a field trip to Japan when the tsunami happened, and felt inconvenienced?

The trauma, I believe, was supposed to be that she later regretted being so self-absorbed.  But then there was something significant going on with her photo being plastered all over the place as "the Canadian voice of the Japanese disaster"?  I couldn't figure out the angle--because they didn't show any of the text with the photo!  Maybe the media had secured a quote about how the tsunami totally screwed up her trip and she was on country-wide blast.  That would definitely depress me.

All of this should have been made much more clear.  Just trying to puzzle that portion out makes me question what's going on with the Canadian episodes.  Is it simply that they don't have the years of experience necessary to turn out a compelling story?  Or a slick Hollywood version of a compelling story?  Are they trying to make some modifications to The Colonel's Original Recipe by casting or coaching?  And where are they getting these interventionists?

I think there are some production problems, but I don't care, I'll never be out.  I'd rather watch sketchy new addicts than repeats of old addicts or no addicts at all.

Back to Sarah:  she was a MESS.  I wanted to tell her mother to just go ahead and hook her up to a vodka IV so she could be right there to hold her daughter's hand while she died.

• Love 2

I understood it as she had survivor's guilt. She felt bad about being angry when she realized why the trip was cut short.

Sometimes there isn't a reason. There doesn't have to be. People can still be addicts.

• Love 1

I didn't get the staged feeling.  I just didn't like any of them very much.   The brother and  the friend seemed to be the only semi-normal ones.  I also thought the family was fooling themselves when they blamed it all on her guilt about the Japan trip.  It sounded to me like she was already having addictionist issues before she left.    I also get distracted by the tattoos.  Sorry, but they just distract me.  

I don't like this interventionist.  She's got that 'I'm better than you, you are so weak and pathetic' vibe.   Andrew does a good job on the Canadian side, and most of the American ones do.  

Edited by mythoughtis
interventionist not interventioner(LOL)
  • Love 1