Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E09: Woo Hoo Weekend

• Start Topic

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 6:06 PM, LovesTheDrama said:

I can't believe Tamara doesn't know when Briana's birthday is.  She has known Briana for many years and I'm sure it's been mentioned that B's birthday is close to Vicki's.  I hated hearing Briana talk about raising her two kids alone.  She's been away from Ryan for a few weeks, staying with her mother, and probably getting lots of help.  I thought it was insulting to actual single moms, and especially to people whose military spouses are deployed overseas.

Oh, the games we play with word and their meanings.

That fucking warthog has some nerve to claim that.

I have seen stories of military families, a mom and whole gaggle of kids and their father stuck in a sandbox a million miles away from home.

Gomer Pyle was stuck on base while he waits for his separation papers, he got to go home everyday.

I find her whining to be a joke and insulting, too.

• Love 6
On 8/30/2016 at 7:30 AM, Scottish Girl said:

Gotta say it...the way Vick and Ragey Ryan interact, physically, grosses me out. "I love you, I love you, I love you!" Hugs, kisses, hugs, MORE kisses. She was more physical with him than Brianna. It happened when they left Oklahoma too. I find it bizarre. My husband and I have been together more than half my life, my mom loves him. But, she's NEVER smooched him within an inch of his life. 

I hope it's just her attention seeking and not actual flirting.  Ugh. 

This -- for certain!  When Vicki and Bri were leaving OK, I thought it was a little bizarre how huggy-kissy she was with him, when not that long ago she SO had her nose out of joint because he married her daughter without HER permission.  Vicki must be so horribly starved for close physical contact with a male person at this point that she'll even use her son-in-law to get her jollies.  Just ick.  No, Double Ick!!  

• Love 7

I noticed this too-after Brianna and Ryan greeted each other, Vicki and Ryan went into the kitchen(?) and she was hugging and kissing all over him. That is just sick and needy beyond belief. I'm really watching too many of these HW shows-ha. 

• Love 4

Brianna and her "woe is me! I'm a single mother!" Is total bullshit.  When has she ever actually been alone?  Even when Ryan was deployed, I'm sure Vicki was with her more times than not.  And, she chose to leave her husband in OK.  I'm old enough to remember Vietnam And when those guys were gone, they were gone.  There was no FaceTime, e-mail, Facebook, whatever.  You got an occasional letter.   During WW2, my father was drafted when my parents were on their honeymoon and gone for 4 years.  Boo f'g hoo, Brianna.

• Love 12

When Vicki visited in OK last season, I thought Vicki acted submissive to Ryan, as if she was a little afraid of him. She was playing with the grandkids and Ryan was making a production of the toys not being put back exactly where he thought they should go. 

IMO, Vicki knows Brianna would choose Ryan over Vicki, and Vicki's money.  Which would then interfere with Vicki's access to her grandsons.  I think she's acts very motherly with Ryan, and thought that's what was showing with her touchy/feelys with Ryan.  It looks OTT because it's fake.  I saw nothing of an inappropriate sexual nature in it.   And he certainly shows no indication it makes him uncomfortable. 

• Love 1
On 9/2/2016 at 3:07 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

Do you think the reason Shannon's taken off is because she's a throwback to the old school type of housewife?  She seems so authentic and unfiltered..yet not in a totally cringeworthy way that Vicki or rhony's ramona is.

I could be down to another housewife whose more down to earth...or even mellow like Jeana was...or even someone harmless and sweet like Lydia again.

Is Shannon not returning next season?  I wasn't sure about her at first, but have really come to enjoy her.  She actually seems really honest about her life and her feelings and I think is one of the most interesting "characters" on the show at this point.  I also liked Jeana for the most part, but I could take or leave Lydia.  I think she really needed certain other personalities to play off of in order to have a meaningful role on the show, but if those people wouldn't interact with her or she was too nice to them, I can see why she didn't last.

What I really do not understand is the addition of Kelly.  Is there anything at all about her personality that is interesting?  She mostly just seems loud and crude in an attempt to get attention, but her issues with the other women are either vaguely defined or have something to do with the unusual relationship she has with her husband, so they don't play out in any interesting way on the show.  None of them seem particularly drawn to her, either, although Vicki seems to have latched on to her just to have a friend on the show.    I'm also not sure how much more of her terrible fashion sense I can take--it may only be trumped by her sense of self-importance.

I don't know what to think about Brianna.  I don't mind her in these brief appearances on the show, but I don't see her as a good addition to the group, especially with the age difference between her and the majority of the rest of the cast.  Who wants to watch a woman in her mid-late 20s forge a closer relationship with her mother's Bravo-selected group of "friends"?  I am, however, glad she has moved away from Oklahoma so that the show can stop spending time broadcasting their uninformed ideas about the state to the rest of the world.

• Love 4

Does anyone really know what is wrong with Brianna (her health) as I have not heard anything since her return from the hospital after the ambulance ride.  No mention of doctor appointments, no mention of medications and no doctor visits that I have heard of.

She looked great at her new house when they were talking about the remodeling, she looked pretty good at the birthday gathering, she's eating rather well and I've seen her drinking alcohol. 

I'm sorry but I just don't see her as "ill" anymore then I did Brooks. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, pkayem said:

Does anyone really know what is wrong with Brianna (her health) as I have not heard anything since her return from the hospital after the ambulance ride.  No mention of doctor appointments, no mention of medications and no doctor visits that I have heard of.

She looked great at her new house when they were talking about the remodeling, she looked pretty good at the birthday gathering, she's eating rather well and I've seen her drinking alcohol. 

I'm sorry but I just don't see her as "ill" anymore then I did Brooks. 

I think she is ill, but I also think she's a drama queen like her mom. IIRC, the official diagnosis has to do with her thyroid. I'm pretty sure there is something wrong as she has had at least 2 surgeries in the course of the show. HOWEVER, as to her "nobody can figure out what's wrong" story, well I'm not sure how much of that I buy. I've delt with chronic health conditions too (stomach stuff, notoriously hard to diagnose.) and sometimes it's that nobody can figure it out, sometimes it's just that you're not hearing what you want to hear. Her condition might be something that's more of a treatable chronic condition that a curable disease. Both Vicki and Brianna strike me as the type that would start talking shit about how doctors are idiots that can't figure out what's wrong because they dont want to accept the diagnosis they are being given. Also, I do not actually believe Brianna is one to suffer anything in silence. So yeah, I believe she's sick. How sick and what her doctors are telling her is more debatable.  

• Love 6

I don't know exactly what's Brianna's health issue is, but, she's definitely not Brooksing it.  She's had thyroid issues way before we were introduced to Brooks.  Ironically. I believe it was the season before the Brooks has fake cancer season, Brianna had surgery in which they were afraid she might have cancer.

• Love 3

Sorry for my lateness to the party. Just a few things. Merv's house wow, seeing it almost made watching this episode bearable.

I really enjoyed Shannon and David, they truly seemed happy. Also agree with others who say how beautiful Shannon looked makeup free. I also think her being happy was making her glow. And I will take David Beador's ass over Ickys boobs any day.

Did Vicky borrow that dress she was wearing at breakfast from Shirley MacLaine circa "Terms of Endearment" movie era? It was hideous! Speaking of hideous WTH was Kelly wearing at her peace dinner with Heather?!

Lastly does Bravo have to pay Kelly extra for her split personalities. She is batty, and this is coming from someone who deals with anxiety and depression.

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Sorry for my lateness to the party. Just a few things. Merv's house wow, seeing it almost made watching this episode bearable.

I really enjoyed Shannon and David, they truly seemed happy. Also agree with others who say how beautiful Shannon looked makeup free. I also think her being happy was making her glow. And I will take David Beador's ass over Ickys boobs any day.

Did Vicky borrow that dress she was wearing at breakfast from Shirley MacLaine circa "Terms of Endearment" movie era? It was hideous! Speaking of hideous WTH was Kelly wearing at her peace dinner with Heather?!

Lastly does Bravo have to pay Kelly extra for her split personalities. She is batty, and this is coming from someone who deals with anxiety and depression.

Yes. She has several. There's Drunk Kelly, martyr Kelly, intellectual Kelly, and victim kelly. If I was a Bravo boss I'd pay one lump sum for the whole lot and when I say lump I mean roughly the size of a bunny turd.

• Love 7

On rewatching this, Brianna says that she and Mike grew apart when she had kids but now that her boys can play soccer and football, they are getting back on track.  Then she says, "cool Uncle Mike".  In the meantime, 1). It's going to be a few years before her toddler sons are playing football and soccer, and, 2). Cool Uncle Mike looks at his nephews like he's never seen kids before in his life.

In other news, Kelly is on the couch repeating she'd never swear in front of children as her voice rises in anger.  Maybe Brianna should have amended her comments with, "If Kelly doesn't kill us all, maybe Mike and I can get on track. After I introduce him to his nephews."

• Love 6

Kelly and delusion are close bffs. In her world she is sexy, all men love that she is married but available, Jolie is the perfect snowflake that hears no negativity, and her husband is the narcissist while she is Mother Teresa. Funny, from her twitter and Facebook fan page that she answers people on, she posts as if she never said anything about her husband other than how lovely he is.

• Love 4

So we were all hallucinating when Kelly said her husband had a personality disorder? Kelly might be the one with the personality disorder.

And she appears to be ok with her spouse. It just doesn't look like she's very miserable. None of this makes sense though this IS the Real Housewives so I don't know what I could expect.

• Love 3

Mike has always had an attitude of being "above it all."  Not sure why, because he wasn't exactly a scholar or athletically gifted, and his only real job has been courtesy of his mom.  Surprisingly, he just posted a photo of a girlfriend on IG.  One comment says it all:  "Holy shit you have a gf?"

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Mike has always had an attitude of being "above it all."  Not sure why, because he wasn't exactly a scholar or athletically gifted, and his only real job has been courtesy of his mom.  Surprisingly, he just posted a photo of a girlfriend on IG.  One comment says it all:  "Holy shit you have a gf?"

There is a difference between a girlfriend and a dinner date or even a friend from work that took you out for a bite to eat?

No holding hands or sitting next to each other (If you ARE dating, you get the booth near the wall and feed each other, feel each other up and generally embarrass everyone around you.) - no, this is more a just a plain old dinner with a gal pal.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

There is a difference between a girlfriend and a dinner date or even a friend from work that took you out for a bite to eat?

No holding hands or sitting next to each other (If you ARE dating, you get the booth near the wall and feed each other, feel each other up and generally embarrass everyone around you.) - no, this is more a just a plain old dinner with a gal pal.

I'm sorry I have to disagree.....sitting across from each other at a nice restaurant doesn't mean you are not romantically involved. 

• Love 15
24 minutes ago, Grneyedldy said:

I'm sorry I have to disagree.....sitting across from each other at a nice restaurant doesn't mean you are not romantically involved. 

"Nice restaurants" are for first dates, when you want to impress a someone, and are trying to get into someone's space.

I'll have to tell my wife to sit across from me, let me order for her and sit her ownself - and tell her that I can cut my own steak and hold my own hand.

I hate it when she tries to act like my love interest, she is my wife, for fuck's sake.

13 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

"Nice restaurants" are for first dates, when you want to impress a someone, and are trying to get into someone's space.

I'll have to tell my wife to sit across from me, let me order for her and sit her ownself - and tell her that I can cut my own steak and hold my own hand.

I hate it when she tries to act like my love interest, she is my wife, for fuck's sake.

No one is saying couples CAN'T act like that. It's just that not all do. I love my husband to death, but I have never held his hand at the table in a restaurant or fed him food. We're just not like that. There are all different kinds of relationships. Just because MIke and this girl aren't all over each other, that doesn't mean they're not a real couple.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

No one is saying couples CAN'T act like that. It's just that not all do. I love my husband to death, but I have never held his hand at the table in a restaurant or fed him food. We're just not like that. There are all different kinds of relationships. Just because MIke and this girl aren't all over each other, that doesn't mean they're not a real couple.

I allow my wife to walk two steps behind me, not the three or four other men require, I find that I am a good husband that way.

And don't push me, I will call the lawyer and really fix her wagon.

• Love 2
On 8/30/2016 at 8:20 AM, njbchlover said:

Also, when Ryan walked in, was that a look of disbelief on Brianna's face, or a look that said "Oh shit, what is HE doing here?" - I got a feeling it was more of the latter.  To me, she didn't seem overly thrilled to see him walking in, until she realized that the camera was on her.

I finally saw this episode today and honestly, she did not look happy. But then again, she never looks happy.

I do not like Brianna. I think she is just like Vicki and that she's in denial about that. She wanted so badly to move back to the OC, Vicki tried to help her out with that, and she's grumbling about the 50K in renovation. I don't buy that she's as inconvenienced by Vicki as she acts. She just likes complaining. It's funny watching the 1st season of the show back and seeing how uncomfortable Brianna was with the cameras and now I think she'd happily take an orange if Bravo offered it to her.

Michael seems to prefer distance between himself and his family. I know Brianna said something about how their relationship suffered when she got married, but I honestly think Michael is cool with seeing the family for birthdays and holidays at the most.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 5

I remember watching Brianna as a teenager when she was dating Colby(?). She was always trying to get away from her mom and embarrassed when Vicki showed up at that restaurant while the kids were having dinner. Boy-has she changed! She has become Vicki. I grew up as the daughter of a career Army officer with a mother who was strong as steel. My husband was a career Army officer who went to Korea for a year when we had a 14 month old and a 5 year old. I took care of those children by myself and not for the first or last time during "our" career in the military. And we lived on what my husband made in the Army which wasn't much, believe me. Kiss my ass, Brianna. You have absolutely NO IDEA how good you've had it! And quit whining about being a single mother, you moron.

• Love 9

The reason I was clowning on the photo that he put up on the instasham is the comments about the "Creepy Uncle Mike" persona people made...I wonder if he reads the boards?

Creepy Uncles only post photos and never show up to an event with a date for fear of the family talking about, but not excluding, his bed wetting, the time the dog bit him and he cried for weeks after, his other girl friends and time he climbed on the roof and fell off - because he really couldn't fly.

On 9/3/2016 at 10:48 PM, McKenna said:

What I really do not understand is the addition of Kelly.  Is there anything at all about her personality that is interesting?  She mostly just seems loud and crude in an attempt to get attention, but her issues with the other women are either vaguely defined or have something to do with the unusual relationship she has with her husband, so they don't play out in any interesting way on the show.  None of them seem particularly drawn to her, either, although Vicki seems to have latched on to her just to have a friend on the show.    I'm also not sure how much more of her terrible fashion sense I can take--it may only be trumped by her sense of self-importance.

Kelly's casting on the show is an easy one to explain.  Several reasons.  First off, the big giveaway hint was when Tams & Heather were clucking about their "fear" of Kelly saying or doing something inappropriate.  That used to be up to Tams to do.  Now that she's on her religious shtick, she has kinda/sorta squelched her vulgarness.  Well, not really, but like I said -- kinda/sorta.  And Vicks is still walking on thin ice with most of this group.  She may be in denial & thinks nobody remembers how she spent a whole season with her shitty con artist boyfriend lying about how he had cancer, but we remember, Vicks, and we know exactly the kind of slimeball sleazebag asshole you are.  Anyway, Vicks may be in denial about what most of the cast & viewers may think of her, but she's def not as carefree as she has been in the past.  I don't hear much woo-hoo's goin' on.

So there's Kelly,  Lowball, trashbag & always getting sloppy & nasty drunkety drunk Kelly, who is more than happy to make fun of anyone & call random people ugly & get in the gutter & be as vulgar as possible.  Look, I'm hardly a prude.  But I'm completely turned off by Kelly's vulgarness.  The "sucking dick" stuff from a few eps ago?  Ew.  Hated it.  Too crass & unnecessarily vulgar for me & not one bit funny.  Hey, as vulgar as Tams has been & can still occasionally be, Kelly amps up her vulgarness tenfold.  It's pretty ugly to watch.  Clearly, the producers think viewers wanna watch Kelly's vulgar shit.  Yeah, I wanna watch this as much as I wanna watch Bethenny's hate-spewing terrifying rants.  Which is -- NOT AT ALL!

Have to say tho, as much as I don't like Kelly on the show, she is correct about one thing.  Heather had no right tell her to leave that party.  Heather gets ridiculously imperious & high & mighty.  She wasn't ordering out of her home -- the way she did to Shannon a few seasons ago.  This wasn't her home.  That was strange.  If she didn't like Kelly's behavior, she shoulda just left & that's it.  Ordering her to go was weird.  Couple that with Heather's face morphing more & more into a cat, and I'm finding her really difficult to watch.  Honestly, I really have never gotten her ridiculously snooty & imperious personality.  She's not an heiress & Terry is hardly a billionaire.  So what's up with this?  And wowza, her cat-face is sooooo freakin' distracting now.  I can't look at her anymore without thinking -- why has this woman turned herself into a cat?

OK, Heather does seem like a good mom.  But wouldn't we all be good moms if we had 1700 nannies trailing our kids around, while we spent our days lunching & shopping & going to spas & salons?  Believe it or not, I totally understood her crying jag from a few eps ago.  Was it inexplicable or a phony-baloney acting exercise?  No.  I think she was in some sorta shock when being confronted with Kelly's trashbag lowball vulgarness.  If you're not used to this level of vulgarness, it is kind of a shock.  I can relate.  I'd hate to be around Kelly.  Ew.

Shannon?  Oh, the poor dear.  Much as I can't stand Vicks now, her rather nasty digs about Shannon were dead on.  Vow renewal?  Is it supposed to be a last ditch marriage saver?  No, it didn't work for Donn & Vicks.  Will it work for David & Shannon?  Does anyone believe David is gonna hang in with her for the long haul?  Or is he just waiting for the daughters to get a little bit older till he can finally get a woman who won't nag at him & drive him nuts?  Vicks had it right.  She's never gonna let him forget that affair.  David's still good looking & he's got plenty of dough.  He's gonna bolt for sure.  Even Shannon's happy, happy demeanor looked sooooo forced.  Like I said -- poor, poor dear.

And that reminds me of the other one who makes me sound like my grandma every time I see her now because I say -- oh, the poor, poor, poor thing.  Oh Meghan, Meghan, Meghan, is it really at all possible that you don't see what is so painfully obvious?  HEY MEGHAN. YOUR ASSHOLE HUSBAND HATES YOUR GUTS!!!!  Well, at least he'll have to settle some dough on her & her mom looks like a nice lady so at least she'll have help raising the child.  Well, I don't hate her now the way I did last season.  But sheesh, her story is so damn sad to watch, I can't stand it.

God, this show is awful now.  I can't believe it hasn't tanked in the ratings.  Seriously, has Satan Andy or his minions (or maybe Tams, she's the type) hacked into the ratings system or what?

Btw, seeing Raging Ryan again made me nauseous.  Hello, producers -- I have NOT forgotten how he ranted on & treated Lydia's mother in such a disrespectful & horribly aggressive way.  So producers, are you expecting we had forgotten about this & we would be "excited" to see Raging Ryan again?  Uh, NO!!!  Great choices this season, producers.  A supremely vulgar Kelly, Vicks in denial & unapologetic for her cancer scam last season, a whiny & boring Bri, who seems too sick to look after her toddlers properly & now the reappearance of the vile Raging Ryan.  So was anyone else kinda terrified when Bri & Vicks seemed distracted while the kids were playing by the pool?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

I finally got power back after Hermine passed by Friday!

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 8:04 AM, MaggieG said:

You know she is going to milk that shit for all it's worth. "I almost died, send me casseroles!!!"

It's not the first time Vicki has milked her medical misfortunes.

I had to roll my eyes while watching Vicki "throwing shade" on Shannon and David's renewal ceremony she wasn't invited to attend. Sour grapes much, Vicks? I have to assume Briana piling on was to keep on her mother's good side, because, seriously?

• Love 4
On September 1, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Giselle said:

See my post in "Ghost Wives of the Past" Thread.

If they got rid of Vicki and Kelly and brought back Alexis and Lydia, even for  season, it might be an interesting dynamic. All everyone seems to do now is take sides and fight. The first and second seasons of the housewives were so good because everybody wasn't at each others throat every minute of the episode.

? totally agree

On August 30, 2016 at 0:56 AM, Jellybean13 said:

I feel bad for Brianna and the boys and for what might be in their future.  I respect the service of all veterans, and realize that these 2 wars have taken a huge toll on all our soldiers.  I just hope Ryan finds satisfying employment, and continues treatment for his anger issues related to his service.  

Working with Vicki in the insurance business should satisfy that..

On 9/5/2016 at 0:43 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:

Forgive me, but when I first read that, I thought it said "Happy Birthday to my beautiful girlfriend, Dan."

• Love 2
On 9/1/2016 at 1:26 PM, MaggieG said:

I agree. Shannon and Heather especially would take it all in and enjoy it. Vicki would scream whoohoo and shriek at everything. We haven't seen vacation Kelly yet, but she'll probably be just as annoying as Vicki. Ugh, just thinking back at all the fabulous vacations these women have taken, I keep remembering Vicki acting a fool on pretty much all of them. I would rather peel off my own skin then go on vacation with her. These vacations are just wasted on her. Bravo should send us instead!!

Vicki will undoubtedly tell some poor unsuspecting Irishman, "My boobs want to come out and play."  

• Love 3
On September 4, 2016 at 5:46 PM, FozzyBear said:

I think she is ill, but I also think she's a drama queen like her mom. IIRC, the official diagnosis has to do with her thyroid. I'm pretty sure there is something wrong as she has had at least 2 surgeries in the course of the show. HOWEVER, as to her "nobody can figure out what's wrong" story, well I'm not sure how much of that I buy. I've delt with chronic health conditions too (stomach stuff, notoriously hard to diagnose.) and sometimes it's that nobody can figure it out, sometimes it's just that you're not hearing what you want to hear. Her condition might be something that's more of a treatable chronic condition that a curable disease. Both Vicki and Brianna strike me as the type that would start talking shit about how doctors are idiots that can't figure out what's wrong because they dont want to accept the diagnosis they are being given. Also, I do not actually believe Brianna is one to suffer anything in silence. So yeah, I believe she's sick. How sick and what her doctors are telling her is more debatable.  

This 100 percent.   Either the non compliant patient doesn't want to follow their course of treatment, or the doctor failed to give them a suitably dramatic diagnosis.   Yes, doctors can't always diagnosis and cure everything, but they damn sure know more than lay people.  Sorry Briana,  you may work beside doctors, but you don't have the knowledge and experience they do.

some people just like having vague, chronic medical issues.  It makes them feel special.  I'm not saying Briana is faking anything, but having seen her overly dramatic mother in action, I wonder if she may overact herself for attention.  

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

This 100 percent.   Either the non compliant patient doesn't want to follow their course of treatment, or the doctor failed to give them a suitably dramatic diagnosis.   Yes, doctors can't always diagnosis and cure everything, but they damn sure know more than lay people.  Sorry Briana,  you may work beside doctors, but you don't have the knowledge and experience they do.

some people just like having vague, chronic medical issues.  It makes them feel special.  I'm not saying Briana is faking anything, but having seen her overly dramatic mother in action, I wonder if she may overact herself for attention.  

I know pretty much nothing about thyroid stuff, but since Brianna choose (yes CHOOSE, she is a grown woman) to drive cross country non-stop days after surgery, resulting in either a new infection or exacerbating an existing infection...I'm going to go with non-compliant patient. I just can't imagine and Doctor saying that's a good idea. Surgery isn't like getting a cavity filled, you need time to recover. I can see Brianna ignoring all kinds of medical advise that she doesn't want to do because she feels like she knows more then the doctors anyway since she's a nurse.