Type keyword(s) to search

Tori & Company In The Media

On 9/4/2018 at 11:49 AM, Picture It. Sicily said:

Her latest addiction. Her latest way to distract herself from the fact that she's miserable in her life and marriage, but can't leave it, because "fairytale!" And "soulmates!" She can't just be a sentimental person, she needs to have multiple storage lockers of every piece of crap she's ever owned. She can't just have a baby, she needs to have five kids close in age. She can't just rack up debt, she needs to overspend and shop to the point where she's millions in debt to creditors and the government. She can't just get sick or injured, She has to nearly hemmorage in front of her daughter (and then get pregnant again) and throw herself on a benihana grill. She can't just go on A vacation, she needs to have eight vacations in one year. She's an addict and an attention seeker.

Don't forget all the animals. She can't just have a pet or two. She has to have a backyard farm and have a pig sleeping in her bed. 

And then there's the constant moving. As far as I can tell, she appears to drag her poor children from house to house about every six months. She seems to think it's not a big deal because, according to her, wherever they end up she makes it into a home. But can you imagine what it must be like for those poor children to not even have the sense of security of having a stable home to live in on top of all the other ways their lives are chaotic. 

• Love 10
19 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

I'm assuming the McDermott children go to private schools?  Even though Dean and Tori are butt poor I'm assuming Candy pays for it.  

Candy said in an interview she pays for their school. I remember Tori's delight that after a paparazzi induced car accident at their school she found out Julia Roberts knows who she is. 

On 9/7/2018 at 9:53 PM, ARW said:

Don't forget all the animals. She can't just have a pet or two. She has to have a backyard farm and have a pig sleeping in her bed. 

And then there's the constant moving. As far as I can tell, she appears to drag her poor children from house to house about every six months. She seems to think it's not a big deal because, according to her, wherever they end up she makes it into a home. But can you imagine what it must be like for those poor children to not even have the sense of security of having a stable home to live in on top of all the other ways their lives are chaotic. 

I'm so glad Patrick Dempsey took in her zoo. She was probably plotting a way to move in too. The constant moving has to be so chaotic for the kids. They need more stability. 

• Love 5

I finally took a look at this video that Tori posted on Instagram.  Man.....she's impaired by something.  Not sure what, but, it's sad.  She's visiting realtor/reality star Josh Flagg and decides to raid his fridge.  I could see the humor, if he truly wouldn't mind and if she was sober. It was filmed at 9:00 at night. Not sure if it was a school night or not. (Her kids appear, as well.)  I trust that she wasn't driving. 

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/09/tori-spelling-accused-acting-drunk-shocking-instagram-video-kids/

Does anyone know if she and Dean are still living together? Its seems that I read about a 911 call to the house by Dean, not too long ago.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

I saw this and thought she looked better than she had in a long time. Why doesn’t she do another reality show about Party Planning or something- not with the kids or Dean, but her doing something she can get excited for.

@JocelynCavanaugh and @Maharincess well being beautiful and rich are relative terms. Tori might not be beautiful to a lot of people but she’s blonde, white and thin- which carries a certain value no matter what your face looks like (especially in the circles she lives in), she’s not rich, but she’s had ACCESS to wealth in a way most people have only dreamed about. If Tori had been a “regular” girl from even an upper middle class CA family, I think she’d be more together than she is right now. Her bit of fame and money making potential allowed her to indulge her worse traits. I also think if she had stopped at 1-2kids and stayed in therapy she’d be in a better place. Kids take a lot of mental and emotional energy that she doesn’t have; or if she has it she needs it to keep herself stable.

She never actually had to hit rock bottom to take a hard long look at her life choices. 

• Love 5

I just saw a People article online that mentioned that Tori forgot Hattie's cake for her birthday.  You know how we have discussed Hattie gets very little attention compared to the other kids, well apparently that is always true (given that Tori usually makes a big deal about birthdays...what an insult!).  We aren't imagining it.  She wished her a happy birthday on Instagram, but it is much shorter than her usual birthday tributes.  

• Love 5
12 hours ago, alexa said:

I just saw a People article online that mentioned that Tori forgot Hattie's cake for her birthday.  You know how we have discussed Hattie gets very little attention compared to the other kids, well apparently that is always true (given that Tori usually makes a big deal about birthdays...what an insult!).  We aren't imagining it.  She wished her a happy birthday on Instagram, but it is much shorter than her usual birthday tributes.  

Any speculation why she treats Hattie differently? Is she Daddy's girl...which would make Tori jealous??

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MsTree said:

Any speculation why she treats Hattie differently? Is she Daddy's girl...which would make Tori jealous??

She even has said it was because she had Finn so close to Hattie that she didn’t get much time with her young. She had been in the hospital for a long time due to complications from the Finn pregnancy. So I think she has always put so much time and energy with Finn and Hattie never got any of that attention. I have always found it sad that Hattie isn’t treated equally. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, alexa said:

She even has said it was because she had Finn so close to Hattie that she didn’t get much time with her young. She had been in the hospital for a long time due to complications from the Finn pregnancy. So I think she has always put so much time and energy with Finn and Hattie never got any of that attention. I have always found it sad that Hattie isn’t treated equally. 

This is true. She spent much of Hattie's infancy/early toddler-hood in the hospital with complications from her pregnancy with Finn.  She couldn't even lift/hold Hattie when she was a baby for a while because of her medical problems. It is sad for Tori & Hattie that it was like that and I'm sure it had an impact on how they bonded.  

However....Tori has had complications from pregnancies/c-sections (her intestines actually fell out of her c-section incision a couple of weeks after one of her births...) yet got pregnant a few WEEKS after Hattie was born (which is on Dean, too....).  It's a sad situation and thank goodness everyone is okay...but it's also a situation Tori & Dean's irresponsible behinds made.  

I have some friends who had two babies via c-section and almost all of have said their doctors have tried to hint pretty hard that having another baby (and another c-section) would not be a great idea because of the scarring of the uterus from the c-sections, etc.  A friend I know who had three babies via c-section was straight up told by her OB that while she could have more babies (she'd need more c-sections) but that she'd have to find another doctor to them.  Friend got the hint that it was probably not a great idea to risk her own life/life of her kids' mom or a potential baby's life by having c-section #4.  My husband's cousin's OB suggested her to try to not get pregnant again for 18mo-2yrs after she had a c-section a year ago because her uterus needed time to heal*. Yet Tori was pregnant something like four weeks after Hattie was born.  You aren't even supposed to be having sex four weeks post-birth even if you had a vaginal delivery....I think the c-section wait time is like 8 weeks. But nope, Tori & Dean apparently couldn't just be adults for like two months (or even a couple of weeks) and think about Tori's health/the health of their kids' mom instead of having sex right after she had a c-section. UGH. 

*Obviously, these are just anecdotes and I'm sure plenty of women have had multiple c-sections with little issue...but Tori is not one of those people.

13 hours ago, MsTree said:

I think part of it may also be that Hattie is the most "traditionally" beautiful of the McDermott kids.  Don't get me wrong, they're all cute kids, but Hattie is very pretty.  She also looks a lot like young Candy Spelling to me....which probably colors how Tori views Hattie, whether she realizes it or not.

Finn, who Tori seems much more bonded with and into (at least until baby Beau was born) is 100% Tori's doppelganger. 

tori.jpg

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 7

I agree, she had no reason to be having another child so soon in that case.  And it is even sadder that she posts all of her stuff on social media and always raves about her relationship with Finn and their special bond, that she has to know that the kids over time will compare each other's birthday notes she posts.  I can practically hear Hattie already saying how she wants out of the house as soon as she can leave since she was always ignored anyway.  It is pretty much Stella and Finn that she favors.  She used to be more loving towards Liam since he is her first, but I think Liam and Dean became closer so she doesn't pay as much attention to him either.  Oh, in fact, let's look at the picture above--hmmm we have Stella and Finn with Tori, and Hattie and Liam with Dean.  Honestly Tori, I am sure that wasn't an accident the pic turned out that way.  I guess we will see about the youngest as he gets a little older.

• Love 3

I'm not an OB, so this is just my experience, but I had my first baby at 37. She was breech until just a few weeks before delivery, when she flipped on her own, thank you, God. My doctor told me before I had her that if I had her naturally, after the 6 weeks post-partum, we had her blessing to try for Baby #2. However, she said that if I had to have a c-section, she would highly recommend that we wait a year & give my body a year to heal before we tried for Baby #2. Even though age wasn't on my side, she said that having a pregnancy within a year of a c-section was not ideal, & far riskier than a mother of advanced-maternal-age (which is 35,. according to them). Luckily, I didn't have a c-section, & ironically, I got pregnant with Baby #2 right as my daughter was turning 1, so I always thought that was funny timing, like my doctor willed it for us. Every time I hear about Tori being pregnant about a month post-c-section, at an advanced-maternal-age like I was, I just cringe. They're just so irresponsible & ridiculous. 

It's ironic that she prefers the younger child in each of her kid-pairs. She's more bonded with Stella, probably because she was "the baby" longer than Liam. She's also closer to Finn, likely because he was "the baby" longer than Hattie. Liam had the benefit of being the first, & Beau, fingers-crossed will likely be the last, so Hattie probably is the most left-out. It'd be awesome if Hattie was Candy's favorite. Tori would flip her shit if Candy started giving things to Hattie, & doing extra things for her. I bet Hattie would be bumped to the head of the favorites list then. 

• Love 5

I had 4 c-sections close together.  Doctor was impressed with my third that I kept healing so well and wasn’t worried about my having more.  After the fourth new doctor came into recovery room and said I was done.  He came back the next day and apologized for his harsh tone and said he couldn’t order me to stop.  We took him seriously and stopped.

Heart-breaking that it is so obvious which child is not her favorite.

• Love 4

Not an OB either but many years ago I read the coolest book by an old school midwife who delivered an ungodly number of babies, maybe a couple thousand, and she had very, very few breech deliveries. Prior to labor, her breech moms got on hands and knees on the floor and slowly gradually went chin down to the floor as far as possible with ass in the air and the babies turned themselves. This was before the internet so I don't know how her method was generally perceived.

It icks me out that Tori got pregnant 4 weeks after delivering. I always suspected that a sex addiction explained these two and that pretty much convinced me. I mean, have at it, but jeez, we can count so cut us a little slack. Keep that shit to yourselves.

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 10

Tori's actually lying about getting pregnant 4 weeks after having Hattie. I have no idea why she would lie about something that makes her looks so bad. She probably just enjoys the drama of saying she got pregnant 4 weeks after having a baby. But Finn was originally due September 20th (I hate myself a little bit for knowing that.) He was delivered early because of her placenta previa. This would mean she got pregnant December 27th, which was 11 weeks after Hattie was born. That's still crazy early, but it's not quite as dramatic as the 4 weeks that Tori claims (and again, why would anyone lie about something that makes them look like such an idiot.) 

As for Hattie being her favorite. My theory has always been that Tori is so self-involved that her favorites are the ones who validate her the most. And from what I saw on the Thanksgiving special Tori and Dean did a few years ago, Hattie gives Tori major attitude. I'm cheering her on for that, by the way, and really looking forward to Hattie's tell-all book. 

• Love 9

This is from the first day of school, I scrolled back and didn't see it posted. IA with the two comments about looking disheveled and wearing whatever was on the floor. She cares a lot about her own appearance but she made very little effort with them on an important day, other than they all have backpacks and their shoes are tied. OTOH are they being raised to regard fancy schmancy as meaningless and superficial? 

https://people.com/parents/tori-spelling-mommy-shamers-criticize-kids-appearance/

• Love 4
6 hours ago, suomi said:

This is from the first day of school, I scrolled back and didn't see it posted. IA with the two comments about looking disheveled and wearing whatever was on the floor. She cares a lot about her own appearance but she made very little effort with them on an important day, other than they all have backpacks and their shoes are tied. OTOH are they being raised to regard fancy schmancy as meaningless and superficial? 

https://people.com/parents/tori-spelling-mommy-shamers-criticize-kids-appearance/

I think it was especially noticeable to people because she does outfit posts of her kids often, so it probably seems odd that she would do this pic, and they would all be dressed much worse than they normally are.  Plus I think people have a hard time with the fact that they don't seem conscious of the kids gaining weight.  Both Tori and Dean were slender people so I think they suspect that the kids weighing more most likely is based on some lifestyle choices, not genetics.  

• Love 2

Eh, put me in the category of people not concerned with Tori's kids' weights.  Honestly, I'm stoked to see that Tori hasn't passed down what seem like her obvious food issues or insecurities about her physical appearance/weight to her kids (especially the girls).  As a kid, I'd get a little chubby, grow some and lean out, then repeat. I'd hate to think of the world being able to comment on my weight as an 11 year old (which is on Tori, but still). 

And I don't think Dean is naturally slender.  We've seen him get kind of husky as the years went on and he didn't have to stay in "working actor" shape.  Plenty of that is probably drinking, too, but I think when Dean was more in shape, it was because he was working at it. I wouldn't say he's naturally thin for sure. 

Given who they have as parents, carrying around some extra pounds as a kid/tween is hardly the biggest hurdle the McDermott kids will have to overcome.  And I'm happy for once to see the kids in kid-appropriate clothing that it looks like they could play in and be comfortable in.  They look just like regular kids to me (although, yeah, there's some wrinkles). I'm hoping this means for most of their daily lives, they get to live (and dress) somewhat like regular kids and that Tori only breaks out their stiff, mini-adult clothes for TV cameras, tabloid photo shoots, sponsored holidays cards, premieres, etc.  

And Jennie Garth is such a great friend and a wonderful person. Not many people would be cool with taking in five kids, who-knows-how-many-pets, the Deaner, Tori, and Tori's neediness into their home (plus, neither Tori or Dean have jobs, so you know they'd be chilling at the house while everyone else was at work/school and probably not cleaning up after themselves, etc).  I hope Candy sends Jennie a nice holiday gift basket; I'm sure she's glad they went to Jennie's instead of the Deaner plopping his greasy behind on her couch & Tori taking over the best make-up mirror in her luxury condo. 

• Love 6

I don't see the issue with their clothes. I was expecting way worse based on the headline. Everything looked fine, to me. Are they going to school or the runway? School is long, be comfy. They have recess and gym and art; they may get dirty. So don't send them in your Sunday best. I bet the kids picked out what THEY liked, which is most important as far as I'm concerned. 

As for the weight, I go back and forth. On the one hand, being a bit chubby before and during puberty isn't a huge deal. My sister was really chubby until she went through puberty, then she lost all that "baby far" and was pretty slender with a few curves until she had kids. But I do wonder about how they're eating. Tori, especially, seems very permissive and I do worry that they just let the kids eat whatever. 

I guess time will tell. They're certainly not obese, by any means. But I would hope that in an effort not instill her excessive food restrictiveness on them, she isn't doing the opposite and setting them up with an unequally unhealthy relationship with food. (This is all speculation, of course.)

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Eh, put me in the category of people not concerned with Tori's kids' weights.  Honestly, I'm stoked to see that Tori hasn't passed down what seem like her obvious food issues or insecurities about her physical appearance/weight to her kids (especially the girls).  As a kid, I'd get a little chubby, grow some and lean out, then repeat. I'd hate to think of the world being able to comment on my weight as an 11 year old (which is on Tori, but still). 

And I don't think Dean is naturally slender.  We've seen him get kind of husky as the years went on and he didn't have to stay in "working actor" shape.  Plenty of that is probably drinking, too, but I think when Dean was more in shape, it was because he was working at it. I wouldn't say he's naturally thin for sure. 

Given who they have as parents, carrying around some extra pounds as a kid/tween is hardly the biggest hurdle the McDermott kids will have to overcome.  And I'm happy for once to see the kids in kid-appropriate clothing that it looks like they could play in and be comfortable in.  They look just like regular kids to me (although, yeah, there's some wrinkles). I'm hoping this means for most of their daily lives, they get to live (and dress) somewhat like regular kids and that Tori only breaks out their stiff, mini-adult clothes for TV cameras, tabloid photo shoots, sponsored holidays cards, premieres, etc.  

And Jennie Garth is such a great friend and a wonderful person. Not many people would be cool with taking in five kids, who-knows-how-many-pets, the Deaner, Tori, and Tori's neediness into their home (plus, neither Tori or Dean have jobs, so you know they'd be chilling at the house while everyone else was at work/school and probably not cleaning up after themselves, etc).  I hope Candy sends Jennie a nice holiday gift basket; I'm sure she's glad they went to Jennie's instead of the Deaner plopping his greasy behind on her couch & Tori taking over the best make-up mirror in her luxury condo. 

I agree with you. I think Tori was always put down for her appearance and she has said she did NOT want her children to experience that. Tori is probably a naturally slim woman, but I’m glad she doesn’t think that is a reflection of herself worth and isn’t sending that message to her kids (especially the girls). They DO look like normal kids wearing child appropriate clothing and that’s great. 

While Tori has her issues, I think she does try to be self aware and NOT do some of the things that she felt were damanaging to her. Yes she likes her posed photographs for holiday cards but I don’t think she’s the type that would expect her children to look “perfect” every time they left the house as not to shame her “cough Candy cough”. Tori has her emotional issues (especially about spending) but I don’t think she made up all the things she went though during her childhood. I think that Candy was a woman who had two children because it was required of her as a trophy wife and Tori & Randy always knew that. I think Tori does love her kids for themselves. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I agree with you. I think Tori was always put down for her appearance and she has said she did NOT want her children to experience that. Tori is probably a naturally slim woman, but I’m glad she doesn’t think that is a reflection of herself worth and isn’t sending that message to her kids (especially the girls). They DO look like normal kids wearing child appropriate clothing and that’s great. 

While Tori has her issues, I think she does try to be self aware and NOT do some of the things that she felt were damanaging to her. Yes she likes her posed photographs for holiday cards but I don’t think she’s the type that would expect her children to look “perfect” every time they left the house as not to shame her “cough Candy cough”. Tori has her emotional issues (especially about spending) but I don’t think she made up all the things she went though during her childhood. I think that Candy was a woman who had two children because it was required of her as a trophy wife and Tori & Randy always knew that. I think Tori does love her kids for themselves. 

The main things that bother me about Tori that are damaging to her children is that she uses them for her instagram ads and forced family outings paparazzi photos, even if they don't want to (and it is clear in many of the photos they do not want a part of all of her shenanigans).  But the big one is that she simply does not learn from her mistakes or set a good example--especially with their money problems.  Does she ever do anything to fix the issue?  It doesn't seem so--she never moves to a much cheaper home ( I realize that CA is expensive but other families with little money or large debt do not avoid their taxes or live in mcmansions ), she still relies on Candy for their money for many things but continues to have children as if there are no concerns with the money to pay for them.  The list goes on.  She continues to vacation in expensive locales on a very regular basis  (she calls them staycations to make them seem cheaper, but they are not).  That kind of thing really bothers me and does not teach the kids anything about handling money or how things should be done.  

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, alexa said:

The main things that bother me about Tori that are damaging to her children is that she uses them for her instagram ads and forced family outings paparazzi photos, even if they don't want to (and it is clear in many of the photos they do not want a part of all of her shenanigans).  But the big one is that she simply does not learn from her mistakes or set a good example--especially with their money problems.  Does she ever do anything to fix the issue?  It doesn't seem so--she never moves to a much cheaper home ( I realize that CA is expensive but other families with little money or large debt do not avoid their taxes or live in mcmansions ), she still relies on Candy for their money for many things but continues to have children as if there are no concerns with the money to pay for them.  The list goes on.  She continues to vacation in expensive locales on a very regular basis  (she calls them staycations to make them seem cheaper, but they are not).  That kind of thing really bothers me and does not teach the kids anything about handling money or how things should be done.  

I agree. When it comes to money management and emotional spending Tori is NOT setting a good example for the children (neither is Dean). I think she would garner a lot of goodwill if she admitted this publicly FOR REAL and maybe did a reality show about emotional spending and helping people downsize (not with the kids or Dean). While downsizing herself and living in a “regular” house. Her access to wealth allowed her to indulge her worst habits in a manner a “typical” person wouldn’t have been able to- or they’d be on the street. 

Tori’s best trait used to be her ability to laugh at herself and be vulnerable with her fans- I think she lost that after baby 2, motherhood is hard under the best of circumstances. Also she’s older now and probably doesn’t have the emotional energy to keep correcting her bad behavior. 

If she had some GOOD therapy before she had Liam and stayed with a program she’d be in a better place now. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 7
On 11/13/2018 at 12:07 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Tori’s best trait used to be her ability to laugh at herself and be vulnerable with her fans- I think she lost that after baby 2, motherhood is hard under the best of circumstances. Also she’s older now and probably doesn’t have the emotional energy to keep correcting her bad behavior. 

So true. That's why "So Notorious" was such an awesome show (and I'm forever bummed it didn't become the hit it deserved to be or at least get a second season).

The ability to laugh at oneself necessitates having the ability to have some level of self-realization and admit who you are as a person.  Something happened between the first couple of seasons of Tori & Dean's reality show and "True Tori" where Tori did indeed lose those abilities.  I agree she probably doesn't have enough emotional energy to correct course now on her own, too, especially when you factor in that she has five kids & a number of pets to care for, plus keeping watch over the Deaner's sex & booze addictions.  (That's exhausting as hell even before you get into Tori's own neuroses, but it would be even more exhausting in the real world without Candy's money paying the rent, kids' tuition, food bill, car note, etc.)

• Love 7

I know you will all be shocked, but she managed to find yet another California expensive destination just a mere few hours from her home to spend Thanksgiving!  lol.  She always makes it sound like because she went somewhere in her state that she has kept things simple and cheap.  Funny, I am sure California has a lot of beautiful, expensive places--whether you live there or not!  :-)  I am sure I can find some very expensive places in my state as well, but the funny thing is that I understand I have to have money to pay for it regardless if it is close or not.  

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, alexa said:

I know you will all be shocked, but she managed to find yet another California expensive destination just a mere few hours from her home to spend Thanksgiving!  lol.  She always makes it sound like because she went somewhere in her state that she has kept things simple and cheap.  Funny, I am sure California has a lot of beautiful, expensive places--whether you live there or not!  :-)  I am sure I can find some very expensive places in my state as well, but the funny thing is that I understand I have to have money to pay for it regardless if it is close or not.  

hold on, so you *don't* leave your perfectly good house in order to  pay for a more luxurious and insta-grammable house in your own state in which to cook dinner for your family?

I mean, it's your life, I guess.  Live it how you want!

:-)

Edited by teapot
  • Love 12
On 11/26/2018 at 10:23 AM, alexa said:

If I'm not mistaken, this is their ninth vacation of the year. 9 vacations in 11 months, and they always seem to go somewhere between Christmas and New Years, so I think they'll make it to 10 by the end of the year. That's more vacations than I've been on in the last decade. That's more vacations than some people get to go on in their entire lives. 

• Love 16
22 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I actually like the pink and green for Christmas- especially in warm CA. 

The kids look happy but Dean does NOT look well!!!

Dean looks like he is 70 years old!

I love the pink and green, too.  And I LOVE the color of Tori's dress.

• Love 5

I've been assuming Tori's Simply to Impress card #ad would be dropping soon.

Add me to the people who love the pink and green color theme.  Maybe for Christmas 2019, I'll remember and my family will do this color theme for our holiday cards (with couture by Target and photography by the self-timer on the phone camera, because I'm not as fancy as Tori, ha). 

I do really like the colors though and the kids all look beautiful.  I see light in Stella and Liam's eyes again - like they might actually be enjoying this crazy photo shoot they do for Christmas card shilling every year.  Beau especially is just melting my heart.  Tori looks the best I've seen in a while, too.  Dean looks like....well, he looks like he's unemployed, married to Tori Spelling, and has five kids. I kid, I kid.  The Deaner looks ROUGH. He's aged, he's tired (who wouldn't be with five kids and no paycheck) and I bet he's hitting the booze again.  I also didn't realize he was losing his hair like that.  He has aged a hell of a lot since their first reality show.  Somewhere I can hear Mary Jo laughing and living her best life.....

• Love 10
3 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I've been assuming Tori's Simply to Impress card #ad would be dropping soon.

Add me to the people who love the pink and green color theme.  Maybe for Christmas 2019, I'll remember and my family will do this color theme for our holiday cards (with couture by Target and photography by the self-timer on the phone camera, because I'm not as fancy as Tori, ha). 

I do really like the colors though and the kids all look beautiful.  I see light in Stella and Liam's eyes again - like they might actually be enjoying this crazy photo shoot they do for Christmas card shilling every year.  Beau especially is just melting my heart.  Tori looks the best I've seen in a while, too.  Dean looks like....well, he looks like he's unemployed, married to Tori Spelling, and has five kids. I kid, I kid.  The Deaner looks ROUGH. He's aged, he's tired (who wouldn't be with five kids and no paycheck) and I bet he's hitting the booze again.  I also didn't realize he was losing his hair like that.  He has aged a hell of a lot since their first reality show.  Somewhere I can hear Mary Jo laughing and living her best life.....

Dean is not aging well. I too guess alcohol is making his face bloat like that. The beard doesn’t help either. 

Liam and Stella look like they are having fun. Beau (is that the next to youngest boy with the curly hair? Or is that Finn? I always get those two mixed up!), his hair will be a shining feature as he ages but I don’t think Tori knows how to style curly hair. 

It’s a good Christmas card in a trendy way, but not so trendy the kids will cringe- it’s a good way to rep 2018. 

• Love 4

Very nice photo. I like the colors. Something tells me Her Nibs will be decorating with pink poinsettias this year. Deaner looks rough overall but his eyes are sincerely smiling. Does Tori have teeth? Can't remember the last time I saw them. The kids look like they're happy to be there and doing what they're doing, which says a lot. OK, now here's my old sea hag coming out -  those darling dresses on the girls cry out for pretty hair. Something better than everyday hair. Curly, wavy, side braid, side pony, pulled up, a ribbon, a clip, a headband, Something More than jumping on the tramp in the yard hair. It's like someone said "Slip into your dresses and then we'll fix your hair" and then ... nada. Of course, Mamasan's hair got special attention. Like I said, old sea hag here, when we were kids we slept in pin curls or rollers before every special occasion, photo op or not. What my mom (or I, 40 years ago w/ my DD) wouldn't give for the convenience of a curling iron! I dunno, maybe Gramma Candy and I are the only ones who will notice and tsk tsk over this detail. {{shrugs}}

• Love 3
7 hours ago, suomi said:

Very nice photo. I like the colors. Something tells me Her Nibs will be decorating with pink poinsettias this year. Deaner looks rough overall but his eyes are sincerely smiling. Does Tori have teeth? Can't remember the last time I saw them. The kids look like they're happy to be there and doing what they're doing, which says a lot. OK, now here's my old sea hag coming out -  those darling dresses on the girls cry out for pretty hair. Something better than everyday hair. Curly, wavy, side braid, side pony, pulled up, a ribbon, a clip, a headband, Something More than jumping on the tramp in the yard hair. It's like someone said "Slip into your dresses and then we'll fix your hair" and then ... nada. Of course, Mamasan's hair got special attention. Like I said, old sea hag here, when we were kids we slept in pin curls or rollers before every special occasion, photo op or not. What my mom (or I, 40 years ago w/ my DD) wouldn't give for the convenience of a curling iron! I dunno, maybe Gramma Candy and I are the only ones who will notice and tsk tsk over this detail. {{shrugs}}

Their hair has been styled- from what I can tell they got a blow out, that’s not playing in the yard hair. I don’t think you’re an old hag! I understand what you’re saying (regarding attention to the girl’s hair style as a signal it’s a special occasion), but fashions and styles change- attention was paid, just in a different type of style. The girls may have asked for a blowout. 

• Love 3

Apparently Stella isnt fulfilling all of her slime orders. Lol On Tori’s Instagram she is praising her daughter and her business, and then the comments include buyers still waiting and getting ignored when they email. 

• Love 4