Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Don't Panic

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Ain't life grand? All of the people in that house took turns shitting in Catelynn when she needed them most. Now they all get to live the high life thanks to her generosity and low self esteem. New cars, housing, replacement meth teeth.  I wish Cate could grow a pair and tell them all to fuck off.

Exactly. I never bought the Phony April tears either. If you seen the catch up special where they all sit around and watch clips of old episodes of catelynn and Tyler's scenes April keeps getting emotional about how she treated Catelynne...to me her apologies and emotional tears translate to "I'm sorry Cate, had I known you'd be making lots of money I'd be nicer to you." 

Now all I see is Butch and April kissing Cate and Tyler's ass, the ass kidding didn't start until they started getting paid for this shit show. The first season of teen mom (before the checks) Butch and April are assholes to them. All of a sudden checks fly and they both have a change of heart and did soul searching and feel disgusted about how they treated Cate.

BS!!!!!

They are playing damage control in every scene, kissing their asses because they buy them all stuff, pay their rent, free room and board, trips to NYC for reunions. FFS. When this show ends and the checks stop Butch and April are going to turn off the holier than thou I have seen the ways act and turn on the hate right back to Cate and Tyler.

Rant over. I just hate seeing Cate being used like this after what these asshats put her through when she was a broke teen girl with a hard choice to make.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 17
36 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

In reality wouldn't Butch nd April be considered recovering addicts? I would think this would be for the rest of their lives. So, Cate and Tyler getting high along with drinking and whatever else is like a big fuck you to them.

You have to stop using drugs/alcohol to be in recovery....  

• Love 5

The words recovery and sober seem to have very fluid meanings on this show. Matt and Amber are "sober" but their counter tops are littered w wine bottles. I wouldn't doubt Butch puff puff passes with Cate and Tyler when they get high.

But nobody on the show is currently dealing with addiction. Riiight.

• Love 7
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 3:09 AM, mamadrama said:

I imagine we didn't get the whole story with this conversation with Theresa, either. My guess is that neither she nor Brandon would have a problem wit T&C talking about their personal journey, their feelings about their choice, etc. What they probably DON'T want is them on national television telling "Carly stories", like the "Daddy" mishap at the wedding. There is a fine line there, and Tyler (especially) crosses it a lot. 

In the aftermath of losing my son I blogged on my grief blog almost every day. I talked about deeply personal things: how I was feeling, the steps we were taking to overcome our grief, etc. However, one night a friend came to stay with me because I was having a rough evening. The next morning she posted on FB: Mamadrama was feeling suicidal last night so I am at her house, taking care of her. That was NOT cool. It was one thing for ME to talk about my feelings; I didn't want her blasting my "suicidal thoughts" to the world. (Which, by the way, wasn't even true.) I talked to her about this. Over the course of the following year, however, she continued crossing boundaries with me and my husband. I eventually had to end the friendship. 

Someone above mentioned that when Cate told Tyler about her conversation with Theresa she didn't give him the whole story or whatever. We don't REALLY know that, though. Who knows what all she told Tyler on the phone. Thanks to the editing, we only see about 10% of what really goes on. 

I am so very sorry for your loss. But I agree with you, what your friend posted was not only inappropriate but imo disrespectful.  So kudos to you for ending the friendship.  People nowadays do not understand boundaries and I think social media plays a major role in those boundaries not being respected.  People are addicted to the attention and your friend wanted attention. 

I don't have FB and until very recently i didn't have IG. When my daughter was born I was extremely protective of her and who received pictures of her.  My daughters godmother is one of the FB and IG ppl with thousands of "friends" and followers.  And everyone knew that I didn't want my baby's picture posted on FB.  I didn't know much about IG back then.  So of course as her godmother, I would text her pics of the baby regularly.  Then one night another friend of mine convinced me to join IG.  being that i didn't really know anyone on IG i went to the godmothers page and low and behold this heffa had pics of my daughter all over her page!!!! i was LIVID!!! I called and cursed her out and made her remove the pics.  When I asked her why would she post the pics knowing i didn't want her pics online she replied, you said FB not IG.  I lost it AGAIN!!! This heffa had the nerve to play the semantics game with me.  She apologized but the friendship was over.  Even though i have IG i have very few followers because i recently began posting pics of my daughter on there because I am so paranoid. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

The words recovery and sober seem to have very fluid meanings on this show. Matt and Amber are "sober" but their counter tops are littered w wine bottles. I wouldn't doubt Butch puff puff passes with Cate and Tyler when they get high.

But nobody on the show is currently dealing with addiction. Riiight.

I agree.  I think some addicts consider not using "hard" drugs or alcohol sober.  And although I don't claim to know a lot about addiction,  my thoughts on sobriety was if you were an alcoholic you refrained from ALL alcoholic beverages even beer or wine or even wine coolers.  Or if you were addicted to heroin you can't do any drugs, weed included but for the people on this show and maybe others like them, they feel if they are not doing the drug or drinking the beverage that sets them off they are ok.  and its not.  I remember Janelle was having restless leg syndrome and couldn't get a prescription because she was flagged in the system and Barbara was trying to explain to her why she couldn't get one and Janelle was like in her I was addicted to HEROIN not xyz.  such a total dumbass!!

• Love 4

The truth is that this show, the money, the houses, the cars, it's all because of Cait. I feel fairly sure that Cait must make more money than Tyler, right? Unless they consider C&T a unit. Fairly sure that Gary makes less than Amber and he's the custodial parent. Yet, despite all of Cait's contributions to the whole family, including Tyler's trashy sister's boobs, they ALL shit on her to this day. Everyone tells her how great Tyler is, how supportive, how good looking, the implication is that she can't do better. So when he treats her like a 'heifer', a damaged woman, you can see the fear in her eyes because she thinks that he's the best she can do. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, evilmindatwork said:

The truth is that this show, the money, the houses, the cars, it's all because of Cait. I feel fairly sure that Cait must make more money than Tyler, right? Unless they consider C&T a unit. Fairly sure that Gary makes less than Amber and he's the custodial parent. Yet, despite all of Cait's contributions to the whole family, including Tyler's trashy sister's boobs, they ALL shit on her to this day. Everyone tells her how great Tyler is, how supportive, how good looking, the implication is that she can't do better. So when he treats her like a 'heifer', a damaged woman, you can see the fear in her eyes because she thinks that he's the best she can do. 

You gave me chills at how accurate this is.

They ALL, including Cates bff, tell Cate how great Tyler is but I don't ever recall ANYONE saying nice things about Cate. Ever.

I've never really thought about that but it's unfortunately true. Tyler has always been made to be this mature, responsible, deep, stand up guy and I don't hear positive things about Cate even from her mother. Wtf?

Her bff " Tyler's hot," what the hell? Your friend is depressed about her appearance and sharing her feelings and you just tell her that her husband is hot "better look good for him girl" ugh.

Newsflash, Tyler is a dork. Cate I'm sending you a virtual hug if you read this. You're a kind hearted person. There, I gave her a compliment let's just hope I'm not the last.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 11
18 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

As for Butch and his violent behavior, that occurred when he was at his worst. He was an addict. The operative word being was. Now, that doesn't mean he is now free from being an asshole or getting angry, but judging Butch by what he did then, one has to consider the addiction during that time. Butch and April were two addicts who were in an abusive and addictive relationship. April was just as cruel and abusive to her own daughter. April may not have physically harmed Cate, but the abuse was there in many ways: verbal, mental and emotional. 

How long has Butch been out of prison? I guess, for me, the issue would be trust. Yes, he's clean now. But hasn't he been on and off with sobriety basically his entire life? I know an addicts struggle is insanely hard, so I don't like to write them off for good. I really hope Butch has shit together once and for all. But it seemed like they had him caring for Nova fairly quickly after he was released and I just don't think I'd be comfortable with him babysitting until he had a good year under his belt. 

• Love 8

Yeah I don't know. Sometimes April seems true I. Her apologies but it is telling that during a lot of the catch up specials she leaves before she has see scenes of  her being awful to Catelynn. Or standing by and letting her husband be awful. 

• Love 1

I apologize for leaving this comment here but I'm unable to access the forums because every single time I do I get a pop up ad that takes over my whole screen! It's extremely annoying & doesn't happen on any other site I visit! It's coming from ads.loadreviews or something. I have pop ups blocked & everything so it's coming from this site!

• Love 1

Late to the party, but read every comment.  Wow, so much snark. Loved the genuine scene with Deborah, Farrah and Sofia and the baby book, it was sweet. Tyler has the maturity of a 10 year old, yeah Tyler- do what you want,  what you know is right, and risk no future contact with Carly, you are an idiot. No words for Matt. Run Amber, we know you want to, you can be alone, it's ok.  Didn't we used to refer to the adoption agency as "Bethany Baby Stealers"?

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Lovespibbles said:

I apologize for leaving this comment here but I'm unable to access the forums because every single time I do I get a pop up ad that takes over my whole screen! It's extremely annoying & doesn't happen on any other site I visit! It's coming from ads.loadreviews or something. I have pop ups blocked & everything so it's coming from this site!

It is from this site. It happens to me on my iPhone. There is a link at the top of this page that takes you to the discussion of what is happening. It is not just you. It is malware. This is what I do when that shit pops up. I just clear the page. The administrators are doing what they can. It has been going on for a while now on my phone. I have to use the computer to just avoid that stupid crap.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

How long has Butch been out of prison? I guess, for me, the issue would be trust. Yes, he's clean now. But hasn't he been on and off with sobriety basically his entire life? I know an addicts struggle is insanely hard, so I don't like to write them off for good. I really hope Butch has shit together once and for all. But it seemed like they had him caring for Nova fairly quickly after he was released and I just don't think I'd be comfortable with him babysitting until he had a good year under his belt. 

He was released in August 2015. He was out in time for the castle wedding. I think he needed a place to stay since he and April are no longer married. I guess for Tyler and Catelynn it was about giving him a chance and providing him with a roof over his head.  Wasn't Tyler shown to be worried about having his dad at his home last season? Whatever transpired, I guess they both laid down the rules to Butch and if he fucked up, they'd toss him out. Butch seemed sincere when he said he was done with drugs. Addicts can change. Ask Amber and Matt. lol

• Love 3
19 hours ago, CofCinci said:

You have to stop using drugs/alcohol to be in recovery....  

I completely agree. I am an opiate addict but I smoke marijuana. I don't care how you justify it, using any kind of substance except your drug of choice does not qualify you as sober because you are still getting high in another manner.

• Love 3
On 8/30/2016 at 3:55 PM, ginger90 said:

I watched the rest and from what I gather, Farrah presented symptoms that suggested a colonoscopy. Then she had a follow up and was told she didn't need one but rather only needed to improve her diet

You're exactly right, and mea culpa--that scene started with Debra saying, "Hi, mama" in that baby, sing-song voice and I started FFing immediately and missed the rest.

On 8/31/2016 at 1:02 PM, ghoulina said:

Personally, I think Maci knew she was pregnant right away, but refused to announce another pregnancy without a ring on her finger.

I don't doubt that, and I read somewhere else something about her not wanting her grandmother to know she was pregnant but not engaged.  But it makes NO sense to me, and I'm not going to be able to articulate it well because, well, it makes no sense.  But...even if you assume there's something "wrong" with getting pregnant when you're not married (which, hello Maci, you've done it TWICE already, once with this same guy--what's the difference?), being engaged is not the same as being married.  Back when getting pregnant when unmarried really was considered wrong, people had shotgun weddings, not shotgun proposals.  Because the kid is illegitimate if you're not married, and being engaged means you're not married. 

Also, what's Jayde supposed to make of all this?  I regret that you were born before I was engaged, and clearly it was (and you were) a big mistake and NOT something I would allow to happen again under any circumstances.  It was so important that this new baby be different from you that I either (1) let people think I was so stupid that I didn't know I was pregnant for the third time, despite my job as a public speaker on unwanted pregnancy, or (2) was willing to be shown (or let people think that I was) drinking heavily while pregnant with your little brother, despite my status as a role model.  That is how important it was for me not to make the same mistake with him that I made with you.

It just pisses me off.  Feminists fought long and hard for women/girls like Maci not to be shunned or sent away to visit relatives for a few months when they get pregnant without being married, and the thanks they get?  All this ridiculousness about a damn proposal, a proposal that she's been having to beg for.  Yeeeesh.

• Love 13

Yeah I don't get it either. If this was Maci's first child with this guy, I could see her family being "you're having another child without being married??!" And her wanting to wait until the wedding (not engagement) was over to announce, but this is her THIRD baby. Her grandmother may silently shake her head but no one is surprised. 

• Love 4

Couldn't help but notice Maci's trip to the private ultrasound place, while claiming to have no idea how far along she was. IME, having no gone to a few of those places, is they require proof that you are being treated by a dr for your pregnancy, either a note or prior ultrasound photo.

• Love 5

Maci's grandmother was probably already ashamed of her before the third pregnancy. I mean, Maci is the kind of person who had her son living in glorified fraternity houses where they played beer pong at all hours of the night and Bentley didn't have his own room. Maci is the kind of person who gets paid to tell young girls how to prevent unplanned pregnancies via birth control and safe sex---while pregnant for a second time as a result of unsafe sex and purposeful lack of BC. Maci is probably a huge embarrassment to her family and it really has nothing to do with her having kids out of wedlock. She's a horrible, hypocritical person. I can't wait to see her mom on tomorrow's episode. I hope Sharon rips her a new one. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, PCOS Babies said:

Couldn't help but notice Maci's trip to the private ultrasound place, while claiming to have no idea how far along she was. IME, having no gone to a few of those places, is they require proof that you are being treated by a dr for your pregnancy, either a note or prior ultrasound photo.

It is just bullshit. Maci gave an interview where she claimed she found out she was pregnant after visiting her doctor. So, clearly the dollar store pregnancy test scene was just to try and fool the viewers.

Maci knew when she conceived because she planned it from the moment she had her bc implant removed.

@geekamonggeeks perfect post! 

Edited by GreatKazu
I had an imperfect post.
  • Love 5

Her mom used to be a lot, before OG came on the title. I remember an awesome moment from her mom when Maci announced Kyle was moving in and her mom gave her a look and Maci said, "one of those days, you all are going to have to start to trust me" and her mom was like, "well, we did..and then we got Bentley". Her mom had a very Tami Taylor vibe to her at times and I loved her for it.

• Love 8

I saw a preview for tomorrow's episode and it looked like Maci's mom was accompanying her to shop for a wedding dress. Sharon looked very underwhelmed to be there. 

I read on the subreddit that Maci's dad apparently got arrested a few years ago for writing bad checks. That may have influenced her parents' decision not to appear on the show anymore. 

• Love 4

How old is Ryan that his parents are already terrified that he'll end up old and alone???? Isn't he only like 25 or something? Just because Maci is breeding like crazy doesn't mean Ryan is behind a normal person his age.

• Love 5
On 9/6/2016 at 6:14 AM, Kellyee said:

How old is Ryan that his parents are already terrified that he'll end up old and alone???? Isn't he only like 25 or something? Just because Maci is breeding like crazy doesn't mean Ryan is behind a normal person his age.

I asked Google - Ryan was born in January of 1989, which makes him 27.  In the South, even among more educated people, this is the age where people really start to feel pressure to marry and have kids (if they haven't felt that pressure already). Most of my (straight) guy friends married between 27-32, with the ones on the other side of 30 getting a ton of pressure after their 30th birthdays. Among people with less education, the pressure to marry and have kids starts even younger.  Most guys I know who didn't go to college or tech school were married by 25. 

I had my first child at 32 and second at 33. Many people here see me as an "older parent" because I was over 30 when I had my kids. It cracks me up because my mom was 40 when I was born and so to me, that's an "older parent." My friends from college who are from the Northeast, Pacific Northwest, and California have gotten married and had babies between 30-35, so it seems that is the norm in many places....but not really in much of the South.  I assume some of the pressure Ryan is getting is so that he won't be an "older parent" /insert eyeroll/ if he waits a few years to have another kid. 

Forget the pressure to have another kid and marry....perhaps Jen & Larry should start pressuring him to just get his own apartment and show us again he can live on his own for a long period of time. Otherwise, Ryan, and Ryan's hypothetical new wife and new baby will all be living at Jen and Larry's. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 5

Ryan's dad said something like, "I wasn't worried at 25. I'm not worried at 28. At 30, I'm going to worry". I think the issue is, they can't SEE a future for him. It's not that they want him settled this minute, but the way he picks up girls and drops them two seconds later, like he took the fries out of the oven with out his mitts, likely makes his parents think it's not even in the near future. Or if ever. He hasn't show any progress as a person. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I asked Google - Ryan was born in January of 1989, which makes him 27.  In the South, even among more educated people, this is the age where people really start to feel pressure to marry and have kids (if they haven't felt that pressure already). Most of my (straight) guy friends married between 27-32, with the ones on the other side of 30 getting a ton of pressure after their 30th birthdays. Among people with less education, the pressure to marry and have kids starts even younger.  Most guys I know who didn't go to college or tech school were married by 25. 

I had my first child at 32 and second at 33. Many people here see me as an "older parent" because I was over 30 when I had my kids. It cracks me up because my mom was 40 when I was born and so to me, that's an "older parent." My friends from college who are from the Northeast, Pacific Northwest, and California have gotten married and had babies between 30-35, so it seems that is the norm in many places....but not really in much of the South.  I assume some of the pressure Ryan is getting is so that he won't be an "older parent" /insert eyeroll/ if he waits a few years to have another kid. 

Forget the pressure to have another kid and marry....perhaps Jen & Larry should start pressuring him to just get his own apartment and show us again her can live on his own for a long period of time. Otherwise, Ryan, and Ryan's hypothetical new wife and new baby will all be living at Jen and Larry's. 

I also think in the South there is a cultural narrative that having a wife and a family will make a young man "mature" and be responsible. I've said before Ryan REALLY back peddled. In 16& Pregnant and the first couple seasons of Teen Mom, Ryan had his personality flaws but was very functional (went to work, lived alone, managed his bills etc), now he looks dead behind the eyes. I don't know if it's a mental illness, drug use or what has happened to him but I'm sure his parents have noticed. Maybe they think the right woman would "fix him", I don't think that's fair to the woman though. 

• Love 6

I know Ryan has been in some car accidents (at least one - I think it was his Camaro - looked like a really bad wreck). He does (or used to do) motor cross. I think that's how he met Maci. Maybe he's had a head injury we don't know about that causes the flat effect and lethargy. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 7
On 8/29/2016 at 1:43 AM, GreatKazu said:

I am calling it. That guy had to have been paid by Matt, plain and simple. Whether he is a relative or not, Matt and this guy are in cahoots. Matt is bringing all of these people around Amber all of a sudden and notice, they all say the same thing to Amber - Matt is a good guy. Don't believe the lies. Forget his past! He even followed up with telling Amber what a star athlete Matt was in school. Didn't he say Matt has a couple of sport records too?  It's as if they are following a script!!! I think that dude was seeing $$$ in his future. They are like leeches. Who the hell cares what Matt did in high school or any school. The only records Amber should be concerned with are his criminal records and the court records.

I cracked up from the beginning to the end of the "Matt's cousin" narrative. He invites you to dinner? From Boston? So, you're going to fly to Boston to have dinner with this guy? (Matt's cousin's wife looked mortified.) They go over the Zakim Bridge from the airport to Revere? I'm from the north shore! I almost fainted when it was revealed that they were in Winthrop!! Winthrop and Revere are both blue collar towns right near the airport. So you have the beach but you have planes roaring overhead. In Revere huge condo building rub shoulders with tiny little beach shacks that have been winterized. It was well known in my youth as being a mob haven. My husband and I drive past the beach in the morning on our way to work and there's a guy sitting out there every day we call "the godfather"--tracksuited, deeply tanned, gold jewelry, sits with his back to the ocean, facing the street, and receives the greetings of passers-by. 

On 8/29/2016 at 11:39 PM, Marisagf said:

That look was everything! 

Amber looked absolutely stunning in her head scarf and shades. She could be really attractive if she kept it less trashy.

On 8/30/2016 at 1:01 AM, LotusFlower said:

Is that true?  I didn't know that.  That makes me see things differently.  Even though I still think there's value in hearing about how a mom feels about giving up her baby even years later, I agree that the show is played out.  Which brings up an important point about this discussion.  I don't think anyone doubts that the majority of time Cate and Tyler talk about Carly, it's because the producers told them to.  Let's face it - it's their job, it's why they're on the show.  So if B&T are restricting visits and talk and filming re: Carly, I see it more as a problem for MTV as opposed to Tyler.  The producers are all about narrative.  Sure, there's Nova, and Butch, and Tyler's Great American Novel to focus on, but giving up Carly was their raison d'etre for being on the show.  But the show has jumped the shark long ago, so maybe it's not such a big deal.

I just hate that this is the life they all lead. Sitting on the couch, complaining. (Now, I'd love to do that, but I'm old. I've earned it.) At 25, doesn't anyone have any dreams or ambition? Tyler and Cate are going to end up like Butch and April. Tyler is utterly insufferable, just like Butch. No one can disagree with him or question him. His inability to see anyone else's perspective reminds me of the scenes with Butch when Cate was pregnant and they had decided on adoption. How awful Butch was to them. Tyler's awful in his turn. Cate's in so much pain. I'm worried she'll abuse prescription meds till the money runs out. It makes me so sad. They have money and the ability to get access to resources. And they are pissing it all away. They all have Stockholm Syndrome, they're like hostages. They can't escape, and they're fooled by the occasional kindness shown by their captors. Do they not realize that this will end some day and they'll be 30, no education, no skills, no abilities, no trade, no way of relating to the rest of the world?

On 8/30/2016 at 0:14 PM, vmcd88 said:

That ultrasound was hilarious.  Really Maci....you want us to believe that you didnt know you were pregnant with the that pronounced belly.  That baby was probably kicking by then.  Wonder if Amber ordered her ring online or actually got up off the couch and went to a store.  The whole Daddy Derek decorating the grave thing was weird.

Maci at the ultrasound place had me in stitches. No symptoms? Well, none execpt my soccer ball sized belly! Honey, you've had two children. You can feel movement as early as 16 weeks. You are a terrible actress and you are not fooling anyone.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I just hate that this is the life they all lead. Sitting on the couch, complaining. (Now, I'd love to do that, but I'm old. I've earned it.) At 25, doesn't anyone have any dreams or ambition? Tyler and Cate are going to end up like Butch and April. Tyler is utterly insufferable, just like Butch. No one can disagree with him or question him. His inability to see anyone else's perspective reminds me of the scenes with Butch when Cate was pregnant and they had decided on adoption. How awful Butch was to them. Tyler's awful in his turn. Cate's in so much pain. I'm worried she'll abuse prescription meds till the money runs out. It makes me so sad. They have money and the ability to get access to resources. And they are pissing it all away. They all have Stockholm Syndrome, they're like hostages. They can't escape, and they're fooled by the occasional kindness shown by their captors. Do they not realize that this will end some day and they'll be 30, no education, no skills, no abilities, no trade, no way of relating to the rest of the world?

Yes.  Cate and Tyler were so well-liked at the beginning because they rose above the bad judgment and immaturity of their troubled upbringing and drug-addicted parents, and chose good decisions in order to go to school, make something of themselves, and not be like their parents.  All these years later, what's happened?  They've become their parents.  They don't go to school, they don't work, they had a baby, and now they sit around all day, every day, smoking pot and doing nothing.  Their story is the saddest, to me at least, because I liked them and was rooting for them and had faith in their future.  

• Love 7

I just watched this.  I almost died when Larry said something about Ryan having to move in with Bentley at Maci's and Bentley's response was "Can you bring your Legos?"  

I can't figure out what is up with the left side of Farrah's hairline.  It kind of looks like she's coloring it in with brow pencil or something where the hair is thinner. 

Again we have Caitlyn covering the camera in the car (presumably to get high), but this time with April in the car?  WTH? The mom who has had addiction problems your entire life?  I am glad she realized she needs to get help though, and I hope that she is able to make strides with it. 

B&T are setting boundaries with C&T and it's totally reasonable.  In a perfect world, everyone would just respect what makes everyone else comfortable.  B&T have said that they don't want Carly's pictures out there for her safety, and that's a reasonable request.  It's an easy one for C&T to honor.  Tyler on the other hand, decided it was a personal challenge, and went the 3 year old route saying no one can tell him what to do.  So, you have to move the boundary more.  I have a close relative who is like this, they're close enough that you'd generally keep them filled in on basically everything going on in your life, but they have a HUGE mouth.  At first, we just assumed that they would know to keep some stuff private, I mean, there are conversations I'm sure everyone can picture having (health info, job, salary), with a very close relative that you'd just assume they wouldn't tell.  And then you hear it from another relative.  So, the next time some info was shared, we specifically said, this is private, just between us.  Guess what happened?  One last chance, and in this case, we were extremely specific that this was absolutely NOT to be shared with anyone, not even this person, it HAD to be kept to themselves.  And . . . then we got a call from a cousin asking about it.  So, now that relative gets NO info at all, unless it's going to be public knowledge.  But, they are the reason the boundary had to change and be set that strictly and that far back from them.  We tried, they kept violating it, and this is what had to be done.  And that is where B&T are.  To protect their daughter and their family, they need to set this boundary.  It's due to the violations that it is so strict, and it will only get stricter if the violations keep happening, so the ball is in C&T's court.

• Love 5
On 9/2/2016 at 0:39 PM, ghoulina said:

After watching the latest episode, I find it disturbing that Nova is in the care of Tyler and Cate for any length of time. Butch seems to be the normal one out of all of them. Shocker.

• Love 4
On August 26, 2016 at 0:26 PM, geekamonggeeks said:

She probably doesn't want to admit that she knew she was pregnant because she was shown drinking alcohol several times during her pregnancy. She was showing last season and wearing huge coats and shirts in an effort to hide it; she was also filmed drinking beer and margaritas. Maci really did put herself in a corner. If she claims that she didn't know she was pregnant, then she looks like a total idiot. But if she admits that she hid her pregnancy for whatever reason, then she's admitting that she knowingly drank during at least the first trimester and put her child at risk for FAS. By the way, has anybody seen any photos of Maverick yet? I don't keep up with these peoples' social media or the tabloids, so I have no idea if anybody really knows what he looks like or if his dumbass parents are hiding him. 

I don't understand why she was hiding it though. If they were keeping the baby why hid it for 4 months and then reveal it? Do you think she was in denial? Contemplating an abortion? Afraid to tell Taylor? While I agree she is OBVIOUSLY a couple of months along, why act like you're not pregnant and then pretend it was a surprise and then make it a storyline? Why not just fess up after a month or two? Or refuse to ever acknowledge it on the show? Why this weird half measure?  I don't get it.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

I don't understand why she was hiding it though. If they were keeping the baby why hid it for 4 months and then reveal it? Do you think she was in denial? Contemplating an abortion? Afraid to tell Taylor? While I agree she is OBVIOUSLY a couple of months along, why act like you're not pregnant and then pretend it was a surprise and then make it a storyline? Why not just fess up after a month or two? Or refuse to ever acknowledge it on the show? Why this weird half measure?  I don't get it.

Because she was waiting for an engagement ring and remove the stigma of being a girl who is pregnant without the benefit of a ring, at least. She has mentioned her grandma more times than I can count. Apparently, grandma cannot handle having a granddaughter who takes out her birth control and allows herself to get pregnant to get a guy to marry her.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 8

But her grandma can do math right?  

And I understand not announcing until you are far into your pregnancy. But there are plenty of ways to hide your pregnancy without ingesting alcohol.  Post less fucking pictures of yourself online would be my first suggestion. Didn't she think that once she did announce everyone would be like oh hey what about all the drinking you've been doing for the last 21 weeks.

• Love 4

Tyler on the other hand, decided it was a personal challenge, and went the 3 year old route saying no one can tell him what to do

He is absolutely insufferable.  He is so egotistical, and his twatter "fans" only make it worse.  Waiting hopefully for the day Cait gets better and decides she's had enough of his judgy, controlling ways.

Maci?  Honey nobody believes this "surprise" pregnancy.  Suddenly her belly sprouted like that?  Uh no.  She needs to tone this wedding down;  the blushing bride look is just too much for a woman with three kids, IMO.

• Love 3
On September 6, 2016 at 11:43 AM, ghoulina said:

Ryan's dad said something like, "I wasn't worried at 25. I'm not worried at 28. At 30, I'm going to worry". I think the issue is, they can't SEE a future for him. It's not that they want him settled this minute, but the way he picks up girls and drops them two seconds later, like he took the fries out of the oven with out his mitts, likely makes his parents think it's not even in the near future. Or if ever. He hasn't show any progress as a person. 

I agree. I think they're more worried about the complete lack of interest Ryan shows in maturing or becoming more responsible than any one particular milestone.  

Speaking of maturing, how the hell are Farrah and Amber the only ones without more babies. Ok Farrah I buy. She starting using BC right after Sophia and I can totally see her having gotten an IUD years ago. Heck I can even see her being pretty religious about condoms. She's dumb, but not in that way. Amber? How on earth has Amber avoided a second kid? I can not picture her figuring out a BC method and sticking to it so how has she not gotten knocked up again? Maybe she can't? Or maybe she got something permanent done?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I agree. I think they're more worried about the complete lack of interest Ryan shows in maturing or becoming more responsible than any one particular milestone.  

Speaking of maturing, how the hell are Farrah and Amber the only ones without more babies. Ok Farrah I buy. She starting using BC right after Sophia and I can totally see her having gotten an IUD years ago. Heck I can even see her being pretty religious about condoms. She's dumb, but not in that way. Amber? How on earth has Amber avoided a second kid? I can not picture her figuring out a BC method and sticking to it so how has she not gotten knocked up again? Maybe she can't? Or maybe she got something permanent done?

Farrah I also buy because she didn't want to be a mother and kept the baby to stick it to Debra. After their fall out when Sophia was a baby (where Debra smacked her disrespectful ass), she has had to do the heavy lifting regards to Sophia so she isn't eager to repeat that choice again. I could see Farrah having ONE more kid if she met a wealthy guy she wanted to marry who wanted a bio kid but didn't have any, that's the only way she would put herself though parenting again. You can tell she doesn't enjoy being a Mom. There are moments where she has genuine affection for Sophia, but that doesn't mean she enjoys mothering as a whole.

Amber- I honestly think Amber has a minimum of self awareness to know she's a terrible full time parent. She also knows statistically she's not going to get another Gary who would take full custody and raise the child himself should they split, so she uses contraception. She wouldn't want to be saddled with baby/child care 24-7-365. She probably has an IUD.... If only Jenelle could take a cue from Amber. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, evilmindatwork said:

But why now? She was pregnant without the benefit of a ring twice before- why demand one the third time? It's bizarre to me.

Bizarre to you and the rest of us, but not Maci. She was determined to get married. Getting pregnant a second time by Taylor would force him to marry her. I guess forcing a guy to marry you is not embarrassing.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Bizarre to you and the rest of us, but not Maci. She was determined to get married. Getting pregnant a second time by Taylor would force him to marry her. I guess forcing a guy to marry you is not embarrassing.

Maybe I'm old fashioned (I'm 30), but wouldn't a better strategy to force a guys hand into marriage (assuming one wants to do that) would be to NOT get pregnant? "I refuse to be your baby momma so if you want to have a child with me I need a ring." After a house and two kids with you what does a man like Taylor gain from proposing?

(not knocking ppl who don't want to get married etc but I'm taking about Maci and her obession with the ring)

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Maybe I'm old fashioned (I'm 30), but wouldn't a better strategy to force a guys hand into marriage (assuming one wants to do that) would be to NOT get pregnant? "I refuse to be your baby momma so if you want to have a child with me I need a ring." After a house and two kids with you what does a man like Taylor gain from proposing?

(not knocking ppl who don't want to get married etc but I'm taking about Maci and her obession with the ring)

I do not believe Taylor wanted  children. Not yet. Yes he should have worn a condom, but putting that aside, I believe Maci allowed herself to get pregnant with Taylor's baby to keep him. When she realized he was not going to marry her, her stupid self figured a second baby would fix that problem. Do not use rational thinking with these girls. 

• Love 6

Maci allowed herself to pregnant with any guy's baby it seems. She begged Kyle but he was against it. She couldn't get Ryan to marry her. Couldn't a baby or a ring out of Kyle. Wasn't there another long-ish term boyfriend off season? So next up was Taylor. I firmly believe her "finally" to his proposal wasn't that he finally asked but that someone finally did. She's been working hard on that wedding since she was 13 and somebody better marry her so she have it, damnit! 

Taylor gets the show, to spend Maci's money, and after the marriage-he's gonna get that house in the divorce. Maci is the breadwinner after all. Not a bad gig for a couple years of not working. The kids don't really matter. He'll probably just disappear with his earnings after the show ends. Not much different than nasty ass Matt's plan, now that I think about it. 

• Love 4