Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Don't Panic

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

There was one part at the gym where they were trying to get Nova to do a front-flip or something, and Tyler had his hand on the back of her head while trying to get her to turn over. He was being a little too forceful, and it was clear Nova wasn't having it. It reminded me of when Butch forced Nova's face into the cake at her first birthday party. There's no need to be so rough. 

Edited by geekamonggeeks
  • Love 6

I imagine the whole Matt cousin visit was producer driven. They probably suggested it for a story and he had to find the closest thing to family he had - someone he had not spoken to in ten years!! How about he visit one of his 8,000 children? Didn't he say something when they were driving about going through the town his "psycho" mother lived in? 

Why can't we just call Derek - daddy? Why is it daddy Derek? This makes me crazy. Although there have been a few moments I've found Farrah somewhat sane this season which is frightening. When she talked to Amber on the phone, when she told her mom to focus on the bday party not fighting with Simon, and when she cried at her baby book. Other than that she is still pretty awful.

• Love 6

12 minutes ago, geekamonggeeks said:

There was one part at the gym where they were trying to get Nova to do a front-flip or something, and Tyler had his hand on the back of her head while trying to get her to turn over. He was being a little too forceful, and it was clear Nova wasn't having it. It reminded me of when Butch forced Nova's face into the cake at her first birthday party. There's no need to be so rough. 

Or when Butch forced April's head through a wall. Tyler is far more like Butch than he thinks. He's so fucking sanctimonious and he only seems to have an outside voice. AND I HATE that weird laughing shit he does when he says something he thinks is funny. Usually something cruel. 

• Love 7

Remember the scenes of Butch in 16 & Pregnant, hollering angrily about C&T's decision to give up their daughter, bellowing like a rampageous bull? Sounds exactly like Tyler hollering angrily about B&T, bellowing like a rampageous bull. Someone should show him how that works.

I think Ryan is gay. Those "girlfriends" are just beards.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, jenifaohjenny said:

Why can't we just call Derek - daddy? Why is it daddy Derek?

To me, it sounds like she's preparing Sophia to have more than one daddy. Who's next, "Daddy Simon"? Not if he can help it! 

10 hours ago, geekamonggeeks said:

I agree. I'm a huge advocate for body autonomy with kids. I can't stand when kids are forced to hug and kiss others, etc. They should take Nova to a Mommy and Me class where SHE can decide how much or little she wants to participate. I took the kids I nannied for to a gymnastics class that was held weekly at their community center. They were 1 and 3. There was really no instruction. They just provided mats and hoops and balls and let the kids explore and do what they pleased. That really is the only reasonable setup for that age, IMO. 

• Love 10
14 hours ago, cereality said:

Tyler is such a douche. He recognizes that B&T could close the adoption/not allow further visits and he DOES NOT CARE EXCEPT that it will affect his "career" which consists of "telling stories" about his life and his life includes someone else's kid. Guess what bro - they don't care if you're "career" is affected. They have given you 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances when you have defied their requests regarding posting pics of their kid and whatever else. They have said ON CAMERA that they wouldn't hold Carly away or close the adoption when you were fighting with them re your "right" to post pics; I realize they could change their mind, but honestly they could have closed the adoption right then and there 2 yrs ago. They came to your freaking wedding. They didn't want their kid to meet your freak show of a family but stood by and smiled as your heroin addicted jail bird father met their kid.

The only reason they've not closed the adoption for so long is bc of Cate. I think they do like her. They feel for her and her life and how it must be to give up her baby -- esp. Teresa. I liked that he said "if they said you could only see Carly if you live in a tan house, you'd paint the house tan" and she simply said "yes I would." That's a selfless mother you douchebag -- she'll do ANYTHING for the 1 hr/yr she gets with the baby she had to give away and she recognizes that she is not that child's parents and will defer to that child's parents' wishes so as not to offend them so that she can still keep in touch.  It really is Tyler who thinks he is still Carly's parent and that she'll come running back to him at age 18 and that she thinks of him/calls him (WTF?) daddy. Cate OTOH gets it. Even at the wedding when Carly asked to dance with Tyler and Cate -- Cate's first words were -- did you ask your mom? Let's go see what she says. And if Teresa had said no, I fully believe she wouldn't have taken the child up to the dance floor. Tyler OTOH would've been like -- it's MY kid, I can do what I want.

Omg!!! you are awesome because everything you said was in my head but couldn't express.  Yes, Cate completely gets it.  Not sure if its because she went to those birth mom retreats or other counseling but she gets it.  She loves Carly but understands that she is not that's child's mother nor is Tyler her father.  When I first watched them on 16 & P I use to think awwwwwahhh he loves her but as time went on and saw how he would manipulate her into doing what he wanted I was thoroughly disgusted by him.  Tyler for some odd reason thinks he is better than Cate and treats her like pure crap because he knows she is devoted to him.  And the sad thing is, is that she thinks he is better than her too. Cate has never been told that she is capable of doing anything or being anyone except Theresa.  I think Theresa is all that poor girl has in the world and is willing to respect whatever boundaries they may put in place because Theresa is someone Cate really respects and admires.   

I watched C&T on Couples therapy and you call tell Tyler has checked out of that relationship a long time ago and didn't want to get married but felt obligated to marry Cate.  But if Cate would/could get some self esteem she would see that she can do better as well because Tyler is no prize.  But when you have been with someone for so long, you really believe that no one else will want you and you are scared even terrified to start over.  I can relate to both T&C because I was the Tyler in my 15 year relationship with my ex husband that wanted to leave for so long but felt that I would hurt him sooo bad if I ever left and I was also Cate and thought well who is going to be want to be with me, he is all I've known since I was 20 years old.  But chillllleeeee..... I ended that relationship and haven't regretted it since.  I don't wish any ill will on their relationship, but if someone pulled the plug on that relationship they both would be so much happier with life.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, jenifaohjenny said:

Why can't we just call Derek - daddy? Why is it daddy Derek? This makes me crazy. Although there have been a few moments I've found Farrah somewhat sane this season which is frightening. When she talked to Amber on the phone, when she told her mom to focus on the bday party not fighting with Simon, and when she cried at her baby book. Other than that she is still pretty awful.

Farrah probably figured she'd meet another guy when Sophia was still little enough to know him as "Daddy."  So the stepdad would be daddy and the dear departed would still be honored as a dad, as in "Daddy Derrick"

• Love 6
6 hours ago, CofCinci said:

The gymnastics class for Nova was probably free and a one-time thing because these lazy fucks are too self-involved to bring Nova to a regular class. 

I love how you think. ha ha  I agree.

9 hours ago, lidarose9 said:

Remember the scenes of Butch in 16 & Pregnant, hollering angrily about C&T's decision to give up their daughter, bellowing like a rampageous bull? Sounds exactly like Tyler hollering angrily about B&T, bellowing like a rampageous bull. Someone should show him how that works.

Children learn by example.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Zeebreezy said:

I watched C&T on Couples therapy and you call tell Tyler has checked out of that relationship a long time ago and didn't want to get married but felt obligated to marry Cate.  But if Cate would/could get some self esteem she would see that she can do better as well because Tyler is no prize.  But when you have been with someone for so long, you really believe that no one else will want you and you are scared even terrified to start over.  I can relate to both T&C because I was the Tyler in my 15 year relationship with my ex husband that wanted to leave for so long but felt that I would hurt him sooo bad if I ever left and I was also Cate and thought well who is going to be want to be with me, he is all I've known since I was 20 years old.  But chillllleeeee..... I ended that relationship and haven't regretted it since.  I don't wish any ill will on their relationship, but if someone pulled the plug on that relationship they both would be so much happier with life.

Zeebreezy,  I agree with most of this but I don't think that the reason Tyler doesn't leave Cate is because he doesn't want to hurt her (unlike your situation which I can related to). I think Tyler doesn't leave Cate while the cameras are still rolling because he needs the adoration of all of the fans who tell him that he's a great father and husband. Once the show is over, I bet he divorces her within a year.

My fantasy is that Cate wises up, dumps Tyler, gets real therapy, gets her life together and goes on to be a happy and productive person.

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 13

Does anyone think Matt and Amber's trip to the east coast was just Matt trying to damage control? Let me distract Amber from all this damaging stuff coming out about me by finally letting her meet someone, anyone from my family. Never mind it is some rando cousin he hasn't seen in 10 years. It is probably the only family member of Matt's that wouldn't spill the beans about his shady ass past because he hasn't seen him in forever to even know he details. Amber is like that mole woman, Cyndee, from Unbreakable. 

Maci is just driving me crazy. How the fuck do you not notice you're 21 week pregnant? I mean come one. You expect people to buy that? I assume some are dumb enough to, and I guess it is a better alternative than admitting you couldn't put down the bud light the first half of your pregnancy. I laughed my ass off at Ryan's shade. What are you making? Bwhahahahaha. And then Larry d his shade towards Ryan and telling Maci Bentley might not be out of the house at 18. And then his great moment wit Jen. What a nice change to what we usually see on the show. 

Tyler needs to get hit by a bus. Dude is such a ignorant ass. 

Farrah. Her insistence on saying Daddy Derek is crazy and creepy. So is her romanticizing Derek like he was this huge love of hers. We all saw 16 and Pregnant and season 1. That's not how it was. You wouldn't be married to him. Otherwise she continues to be pretty normal. Especially compared to past seasons. 

Edited by ClassyCourtHeels
  • Love 10
Just now, ClassyCourtHeels said:

Maci is just driving me crazy. How the fuck do you not notice you're 21 week pregnant? I mean come one. You expect people to buy that? I assume some are dumb enough to, and I guess it is a better alternative than admitting you couldn't put down the bud light the first half of your pregnancy. I laughed my ass off at Ryan's shade. What are you making? Bwhahahahaha. And then Larry d his shade towards Ryan and telling Maci Bentley might not be out of the house at 18. And then his great moment wit Jen. What a nice change to what we usually see on the show. 

I don't understand how she kept on drinking...did she really not know?  or was she in denial, or maybe considering not having it?  I  know the medical field says very occasional imbibing is okay, but I feel like we saw a lot more than that.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, ClassyCourtHeels said:

Does anyone think Matt and Amber's trip to the east coast was just Matt trying to damage control? Let me distract Amber from all this damaging stuff coming out about be by finally letting her meet someone, anyone from my family. Never mind it is some rando cousin he hasn't seen in 10 years. It is probably the only family member of Matt's that wouldn't spill the beans about his shady ass past because he hasn't seen him in forever to even know he details. 

The whole trip was incredibly confusing, from the standpoint of why are we visiting someone you haven't seen in a decade? Why would he reach out to you NOW? Why can't I meet someone you're a little closer to? None of these questions, at all, and she seemed far more distant with him than she has in the past. Unfortunately we know they're currently still together (I'm convinced because she's spiting everyone who called him a creepo loser when he first showed up, and she'd rather be right than smart), so that's not going to change...

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

The whole trip was incredibly confusing, from the standpoint of why are we visiting someone you haven't seen in a decade? Why would he reach out to you NOW? Why can't I meet someone you're a little closer to? None of these questions, at all, and she seemed far more distant with him than she has in the past. Unfortunately we know they're currently still together (I'm convinced because she's spiting everyone who called him a creepo loser when he first showed up, and she'd rather be right than smart), so that's not going to change...

AT this point I feel like Amber is staying with Matt just to spite ME.  I don't know why.  She is purposefully trying to drive me batshit by staying with this man.

• Love 24
2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Zeebreezy,  I agree with most of this but I don't think that the reason Tyler doesn't leave Cate is because he doesn't want to hurt her (unlike your situation which I can related to). I think Tyler doesn't leave Cate while the cameras are still rolling because he needs the adoration of all of the fans who tell him that he's a great father and husband. Once the show is over, I bet he divorces her within a year.

Yup. He doesn't care about hurting her (he does it on the regular), he cares about hurting his public image. Which is why, as I have speculated before, I think he's sometimes even more assey because he wants HER to end it, and then he can be all, "Shrug, what can I do?"

2 hours ago, teapot said:

I don't understand how she kept on drinking...did she really not know?  or was she in denial, or maybe considering not having it?  I  know the medical field says very occasional imbibing is okay, but I feel like we saw a lot more than that.

Personally, I think Maci knew she was pregnant right away, but refused to announce another pregnancy without a ring on her finger. I'm sure there were many behind-closed-doors fights, negotiations, and ultimatums. Taylor was probably willing to bend, but not if he couldn't do it during filming (because he's a total fame whore), so they had to wait. I WANT to cut Maci some slack and say she just PRETENDED to drink, to throw people off until she could get him to drop on one knee. But who freaking knows?

6 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

AT this point I feel like Amber is staying with Matt just to spite ME.  I don't know why.  She is purposefully trying to drive me batshit by staying with this man.

HA! I don't think you're far off. I definitely think she has realized that everyone was right about him, but damn if she is going to let anyone know that. 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Tell me about it! What fucking nerve! Seriously, this chick needs to leave this asshole because she is gonna make me do something such as go find Maci and slap the shit outta her.

• Love 5

There was a kiss between Matt and Amber where you could see her just barely suppressing an overwhelming urge to vomit having to allow him to touch his lips to hers for 0.5 seconds.

Part of me feels bad for her because I think she would be far more likely to call it off and save her self respect if she had one actual friend, one person who would give her some support. But she has driven all those people away and now all she has is this disgusting thing that has attached himself to her like a tumor. I think she is very alone.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Yup. He doesn't care about hurting her (he does it on the regular), he cares about hurting his public image. Which is why, as I have speculated before, I think he's sometimes even more assey because he wants HER to end it, and then he can be all, "Shrug, what can I do?"

Personally, I think Maci knew she was pregnant right away, but refused to announce another pregnancy without a ring on her finger. I'm sure there were many behind-closed-doors fights, negotiations, and ultimatums. Taylor was probably willing to bend, but not if he couldn't do it during filming (because he's a total fame whore), so they had to wait. I WANT to cut Maci some slack and say she just PRETENDED to drink, to throw people off until she could get him to drop on one knee. But who freaking knows?

HA! I don't think you're far off. I definitely think she has realized that everyone was right about him, but damn if she is going to let anyone know that. 

We saw her actually put alcoholic drinks (margaritas and beer for sure, maybe other things I don't remember) up to her lips and sip them last season, so I don't think she was pretending unless she was immediately spitting them out off camera.  Seems like a lot of work.  Maybe it was a non alcoholic margarita.  Maybe she was just holding those drinks in the pictures she posted on Instagram.  But I don't think so.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Yup. He doesn't care about hurting her (he does it on the regular), he cares about hurting his public image. Which is why, as I have speculated before, I think he's sometimes even more assey because he wants HER to end it, and then he can be all, "Shrug, what can I do?

If Cate ends it he will milk that for all the sympathy he can get. He'll paint himself as this wonderful husband and father that Cate didn't appreciate. Too bad his true colors have been recorded for posterity!

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

As Farrah held up her baby book to read, I looked at Debra's writing on the page and noticed Debra had written "Mother's responce".

they can all be counted on to never disappoint...

(as can all of you, I for one have had a fabulous afternoon w/these forums!! XOXO)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, poopchute said:

We saw her actually put alcoholic drinks (margaritas and beer for sure, maybe other things I don't remember) up to her lips and sip them last season, so I don't think she was pretending unless she was immediately spitting them out off camera.  Seems like a lot of work.  Maybe it was a non alcoholic margarita.  Maybe she was just holding those drinks in the pictures she posted on Instagram.  But I don't think so.

You're probably right. I have a hard time following all these timelines, so I'm not sure how long there was between babies, when she was and wasn't pregnant, etc. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, poopchute said:

At one point she was shotgunning beers in a parking lot with Taylor and his friends. It was shown last season but she was most definitely aware that she was pregnant.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I think Maci knew too. But I'm not going to assume based on a few photos and video clips that she did anything outlandish drinking wise. A small amount can be considered fine depending on who you ask (and especially where you live). I'd have more judgment for her if we had concrete proof that she was drinking daily, to the point of being drunk (or even tipsy), and a few sips (which we do know she did) just isn't that. The safest option is to not drink at all, but what a woman chooses to eat or drink is between her and her doctor. Outside of drinking, I think most pregnant women end up doing something that's on the list of no-nos, whether it's eating sushi, or certain cheeses, or certain lunch meats, or caffeine (all of which have plenty of places in the world where these are all acceptable things to do while pregnant!), or whatever else it is.

I suppose not knowing your pregnant happens, but lying about not knowing is stupid. Or not using birth control and being surprised when you get pregnant for a third time.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

You're probably right. I have a hard time following all these timelines, so I'm not sure how long there was between babies, when she was and wasn't pregnant, etc. 

I only know the details because we had the same due date so it was easy for me to know exactly how far along she was at various times.  

I was appalled not just at the drinking but at the fact she hadnt seen a doctor before 21 weeks.  I had had so many appointments and tests and bloodwork done, it's crazy that she had none.  I was trying to limit caffeine and the other things listed above.  If I didn't know I was pregnant that whole time I would have been eating and drinking whatever.

Edited by poopchute
  • Love 3

Matt hasn't seen his cousin in a decade? "Satanic mom"?  Alarm bells are clangin.'  His brother and family seem so normal, wtf happened to Matt? 

Seems like the family freaks end up on reality tv.

Is Farrah on mood stabilizers?  She is acting normal and it's kinda freaking me out.  (j/k)  Her face is settling down and while the lips are still a bit too inflated, I thought she looked good.  Then she stood up and her diaper butt filled my screen.  *sigh*  Maybe she'll get those implants taken out.  They look ridiculous. 

The baby voice that Debra uses when speaking to almost everyone drives me insane. I cannot imagine being raised by that woman.  No wonder Farrah lost her damn mind and ended up in porn.  I do think that she regrets some of her decisions but probably figures that she's too far gone to turn it all around.  It's really too bad.  In her 16&P episode, I figured she'd be the one to actually make something of herself.  To an extent, she still is because she appears to be the only one who actually earns a real living.  The others live on the couch.

Jade and Bentley are so adorable.  I HATE Maci's boyfriend's beard.  Amish douchebag is not a good look for anyone.  Why is Ryan so cheerful these days?  He seemed genuinely happy and enthused for Maci's pregnancy.  It's unsettling.  Ryan's parents are so amazing, how did they raise him?!  I do not understand.  Is he the result of only child syndrome?

Tyler is a moron. I hope Brandon and Theresa close the adoption.  What is so hard to understand?!  THEY DO NOT WANT THEIR CHILD DISCUSSED ON TV.  He is so self-absorbed and selfish.  I want better for Catelynn.  I want her to get an education and a job and a purpose in life.  She and Tyler kinda hold each other back, IMHO.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 5

The thing with Maci is I do think she was fake doing things like drinking, pretending to not see a doctor, to keep up appearances. She wanted a ring and she also has deals like wasn't she doing a weight corset trainer thing? I think she had all these things that would counteract with a new pregnancy.

Tyler and Butch really are so much alike. All I can think is at the wedding Brandon and teresa asked that Butch not talk to Carly and Butch didn't heed their request. Boundaries don't exist I guess. But Tyler crossed that line too.

Like everyone else i don't get why Amber is staying with Matt but I do think she must be trying to prove something to the world/viewers now. And probably also to Gary.

I hate that I sort of found a lot of Farrah scenes okay these episodes. It's only been 3 but she has made sense a lot in them. It does seem like she got a public image person to fix her tv  persona or something.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, poopchute said:

I only know the details because we had the same due date so it was easy for me to know exactly how far along she was at various times.  

I was appalled not just at the drinking but at the fact she hadnt seen a doctor before 21 weeks.  I had had so many appointments and tests and bloodwork done, it's crazy that she had none.  I was trying to limit caffeine and the other things listed above.  If I didn't know I was pregnant that whole time I would have been eating and drinking whatever.

I'm not super concerned about doctor visits. I saw midwives for all my births and didn't ever have a first appointment before 13 weeks. I only do one U/S. With my second, it was actually WAS 20 weeks before I saw them for the first time. This was due to an unexpected job loss, move, change of insurance, etc. Personally, I bet Maci did see a doctor much sooner, but arranged this visit as part of her whole, "My Lawd, I had no idea I was with child!" BS. 

• Love 4

I try like mad to remind myself that we're just seeing a glimpse of these peoples' lives on TV.  

When I question why Amber, Tyler, Cate, etc. have become one with their respective brown couches, I tell myself "perhaps their time outside of that couch is spent doing something meaningful, like taking classes to better themselves towards becoming productive members of society".  But if that were the case, I would like to think they'd want to put their best feet forward to let us know this.

*sigh*

Anyway, I do have a question about C&T's living situation.  When Butch got out of prison, he had gone on to live with them for the 7 months since he'd been released, yes?  Maybe I missed it, but is he going to live with them in their newly-purchased home?  Becuase for real ... I cannot IMAGINE being a young, married couple trying to raise a newborn-turned-toddler with a parent/in-law all up in my business.  To top it off, I can't help but wonder if Cate feels ganged up on by her husband and equally useless father-in-law, which contributes to her depression?  I mean, c'mon ... let's remember what Butch did to Cate's mother.  Does Cate fear what he'll do to her?  Or to Nova?  I know we only see a glimpse of their lives on TV, but I hope -- for the sake of her own sanity and the well-being of her daughter -- she is seeing some real, bona fide therapist(s) off camera to help her work through her depression.

I feel compassion for Cate, I do.  And I think Cate's attempts at maintaining a relationship with Carly may prove to be positive in the long run:  Cate may feel that the relationship she has with Theresa is the only mother/daughter relationship SHE'LL ever have.  Just my observation.  As far as I'm concerned, if Carly never maintained a relationship with Tyler, "never" would be too soon.

I'm tired of Maci and Taylor.  I have nothing to add.  

And I have nothing to add about Farrah other than "damn, she's human after all?!"

So that brings me toMatt and Amber.  Jeezis roller-blading Christ, Matt.  Way to go with deflecting every goddamn conversation. Ever.  He skeeves me out like none other, and I hope that Amber secretly lies awake at night under the covers to read all the shit people post about Matt and his deceptive ways, and takes all of our comments to heart.  During this "trip to meet family" (cousin he hasn't seen or talked to in 10 years?  "Sure Jan."), he pointed out where his Satanic mother lives.  I actually yelled at the TV "damnit, Amber ... the relationship a man has with his own mother can be very telling!  PAY ATTENTION, FFS!"  But I do see a glimpse of hope, just in her body language towards him in the past episode or two.  I can only hope that slowly, but surely, she's fed up.  

And Amber is another Teen Mom I have compassion for.  She needs a life away from the cameras.  She has potential to do something with heself; someone just needs to help her recognize it and encourage it.  If she got rid of that schlump of a man, she could really take the time to learn so much about herself.

• Love 9

Butch probably gets (live rent-free) C&T's current house in exchange for helping with the rehab of the second house. 

I'm sure this is going to cause issue with April who watches their neglected toddler every day. She'll want a house too but will probably settle for a KIA and a set of new tits. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Butch probably gets (live rent-free) C&T's current house in exchange for helping with the rehab of the second house. 

I'm sure this is going to cause issue with April who watches their neglected toddler every day. She'll want a house too but will probably settle for a KIA and a set of new tits. 

Ain't life grand? All of the people in that house took turns shitting in Catelynn when she needed them most. Now they all get to live the high life thanks to her generosity and low self esteem. New cars, housing, replacement meth teeth.  I wish Cate could grow a pair and tell them all to fuck off.

Edited by Brooklynista
Life and Live are 2 different words.
  • Love 16
54 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Ain't live grand? All of the people in that house took turns shitting in Catelynn when she needed them most. Now they all get to live the high life thanks to her generosity and low self esteem. New cars, housing, replacement meth teeth.  I wish Cate could grow a pair and tell them all to fuck off.

That pisses me off. Cate is way too forgiving. April may be her mother, but she's never been there for her ever. It's telling that she seems to regard Teresa as more of a mother figure than April. I bet Catelynn wishes B&T had adopted her right alongside Carly. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

Ain't live grand? All of the people in that house took turns shitting in Catelynn when she needed them most. Now they all get to live the high life thanks to her generosity and low self esteem. New cars, housing, replacement meth teeth.  I wish Cate could grow a pair and tell them all to fuck off.

Didn't one of their mothers get new boobs on their dime? (Other than Deborah)

• Love 1
5 hours ago, RamonaSenomar said:

I try like mad to remind myself that we're just seeing a glimpse of these peoples' lives on TV.  

When I question why Amber, Tyler, Cate, etc. have become one with their respective brown couches, I tell myself "perhaps their time outside of that couch is spent doing something meaningful, like taking classes to better themselves towards becoming productive members of society".  But if that were the case, I would like to think they'd want to put their best feet forward to let us know this.

*sigh*

Anyway, I do have a question about C&T's living situation.  When Butch got out of prison, he had gone on to live with them for the 7 months since he'd been released, yes?  Maybe I missed it, but is he going to live with them in their newly-purchased home?  Becuase for real ... I cannot IMAGINE being a young, married couple trying to raise a newborn-turned-toddler with a parent/in-law all up in my business.  To top it off, I can't help but wonder if Cate feels ganged up on by her husband and equally useless father-in-law, which contributes to her depression?  I mean, c'mon ... let's remember what Butch did to Cate's mother.  Does Cate fear what he'll do to her?  Or to Nova?  I know we only see a glimpse of their lives on TV, but I hope -- for the sake of her own sanity and the well-being of her daughter -- she is seeing some real, bona fide therapist(s) off camera to help her work through her depression.

Maybe I am watching a different show because it seems very apparent to me that Cate and Tyler love having a built in babysitter and cook in their house. Butch is their sitter for those times they take off to go party at their friend's house to drink and smoke weed. That is when the MTV cameras are not around. Then, they have Butch to care for Nova while they get high on weed while they are at home. That doesn't count the times they dump Nova off at April's house at least five times a week. That is what Tyler admitted to last season to his mother. Butch has been shown making breakfasts and caring for Nova. I have not witnessed any questionable behavior by Butch that would lead me to think anyone in that house is in any sort of danger. Butch is the one who is helping with the renovations of the new house. Butch is the one who has gained employment, not Tyler nor Cate. Butch is the one maintaining that house.

The useless ones are Cate and Tyler.

As for Butch and his violent behavior, that occurred when he was at his worst. He was an addict. The operative word being was. Now, that doesn't mean he is now free from being an asshole or getting angry, but judging Butch by what he did then, one has to consider the addiction during that time. Butch and April were two addicts who were in an abusive and addictive relationship. April was just as cruel and abusive to her own daughter. April may not have physically harmed Cate, but the abuse was there in many ways: verbal, mental and emotional. 

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 9

It is super bizarre in my opinion for a mom to ask her daughter to pay for a boob job....or a sister, etc. So out of TM OG and TM2 we have at least 3 relatives who got boob jobs courtesy of their kids/sisters? Deborah, Tyler's sister, and possibly April.

And that doesn't count the actual "stars" who have had boob jobs....Kail, Farrah, Jenelle, and Maci.

And we've got facial plastic surgery....Farrah, Kail, Chelsea (I think Chelsea's was just temporary injections, thank goodness because she looked ridiculous) 

And then there's the butt implants/lifts.....Kail, Farrah

What a waste of money, and not one of them have improved their looks with all these procedures.

• Love 5

Maci also got a boob job early in "Teen Mom"; she went from having the chest of a 12-year-old boy to looking like she was smuggling basketballs under her shirt. I remember at one point after the procedure, she was complaining about not having money to move out or something. Her mother said, "Well, that's why you should save your money and not spend it on certain things" while nodding at Maci's chest. I kind of miss Maci's mom; she could bring on the passive-aggression like nobody's business and always called out her daughter's bullshit decisions. I think she'll be in next week's episode. 

• Love 11

April may not be attractive, but she has improved her mouth,teeth, and overall health by getting rid of her rotted teeth and replacing them. For many former addicts, having a beautiful smile is a big step and it gives them confidence. They know people will judge them on their horrible teeth or toothless smile. If it helps them to move forward with life, more power to them. April has also improved her overall health by getting sober. She has also improved her relationship with her children and grandchildren. She has a boyfriend, or is that guy her husband? She started a small business. All in all, April has made strides and positive steps in her life which to me, is more important than improving her looks. Leah, Jenelle, and even Cate should look at April and realize that woman has come a long way and is in some ways in a better place than they are in life.

• Love 7

Catelynn looks as rough as April did or still does (there were a couple episodes where she was clearly drinking or not sober. which doesn't bode well). Especially when she pulls her hair back into a ponytail---bam, it's like April 2.0 is staring at me through the screen. At least April's physical appearance can be explained by her drinking, doing drugs, and leading a destitute life for a couple decades. How can Cate be aging so horribly already? Girlfriend needs more help than she wants to admit; you can literally see her depression eating away at her. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

If the boobs are true, that just feels creepy to me. A car, sure, but who buys fake boobs for their sister (other than a Kardashian)?

How does a girl go about asking her brother for a boob job? I feel like it would be such an awkward conversation. 

• Love 8

In reality wouldn't Butch nd April be considered recovering addicts? I would think this would be for the rest of their lives. So, Cate and Tyler getting high along with drinking and whatever else is like a big fuck you to them.

• Love 5