Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Don't Panic

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Maci, really? You sit there and speak about putting your kids out when they are older and then you have the audacity to say, "That's what my mom did to me." Bitch, please. You were knocked up! You make it sound as if you graduated from high school, acquired a job, and mom helped you to move out and into your own place without help from MTV money.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8

I'm always on Theresa and Brandon's side on things, and I can understand why they don't want Carly shown or discussed on the show anymore, but I think Theresa is wrong to only talk to Catelynn about important changes and decisions.  Catelynn usually gives an abridged version of the conversation to Tyler, and that in turn always sets Tyler off.  Theresa knows that Tyler is as much a character on Teen Mom as Catelynn, so why not have this discussion and explain your reasoning with both of them?  I think Tyler would be more understanding if he heard their reasoning first-hand, and it would probably lessen a lot of his "no one's going to silence my voice" bluster.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, Talky Tina said:

I loved Cate talking about how she won't talk about what she and Theresa talk about, as she's talking about what she and Theresa talked about.   Tyler is a selfish, narcissistic asshole.  He cares more about getting "likes" and attention on social media than anything else.   It's been said before but I really wish Theresa and Brandon would close the adoption.  I would also make sure they know that Tyler is the reason it was closed.  

Someone in another thread asked why they keep watching these shows when all they do is piss them off.  I'm wondering the same thing myself. I don't remember who the poster was but I agree with her.  

Farrah getting a"colonoscopy" was just a code word for her filming the Back Door sequel right?  The world has already seen what's up there. 

Cate's friend Alexa has always made me sad.  It's sad to see such a young, pretty girl so obese.  I hope she (and Gary) do something about their weight soon before its too late. 

And yet I still find Alexa more attractive than Cate.

Calling Derrick Daddy Derrick makes me so mad I spit nails. He's her dad. Not a step dad or some other shit. Just call him dad. Fuck.

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

I'm always on Theresa and Brandon's side on things, and I can understand why they don't want Carly shown or discussed on the show anymore, but I think Theresa is wrong to only talk to Catelynn about important changes and decisions.  Catelynn usually gives an abridged version of the conversation to Tyler, and that in turn always sets Tyler off.  Theresa knows that Tyler is as much a character on Teen Mom as Catelynn, so why not have this discussion and explain your reasoning with both of them?  I think Tyler would be more understanding if he heard their reasoning first-hand, and it would probably lessen a lot of his "no one's going to silence my voice" bluster.

I think B&T prefer only speaking to Catelynn because she's easier to get along with and she's less likely to blow up at them. I know a couple seasons ago Teresa did speak to Tyler when he posted that Carly video on his fan page; he came in with the phone in his hand and told Cate about the conversation he and Teresa had. So I think they may speak to just Tyler occasionally, but choose not to because, again, he's an asshole and Cate is more willing to agree with B&T or at least not raise such a ruckus. 

Nobody's brought it up yet, but one of the producers asked Tyler if it was odd that Teresa was calling. He said something like, "It is odd, but hopefully this means that Brandon and Teresa will start talking to us normally instead of scheduling and controlling everything." Maybe it's just me, but it bugged me that he implied that it's abnormal that B&T don't talk to them on a constant basis. I mean, how could they when C&T's entire lives revolve around this show? Teresa even pointblank said that there would be contact between them if it weren't for "Teen Mom". Besides, it's not like most adoptive parents and birth parents are besties who talk to each other once a week; schedules and "controlled" environments are where it's at. Brandon and Teresa have already reduced so much contact already and hardly talk to Tyler at all, it seems. That chance to have ~normal~ interaction is long gone. 

Edited by geekamonggeeks
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

Tyler would have had the same reaction because he's a whiny/self involved chump so why should they bother catering to him. They know that Cate is the more sensible person.

• Love 19
5 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

Tyler would have had the same reaction because he's a whiny/self involved chump so why should they bother catering to him. They know that Cate is the more sensible person.

I still love that scene a couple seasons ago after Nova is just born and Tyler texts a picture of her next to Carly's to B&T. They never respond to him, but Teresa calls Catelynn a little while later and has this nice chat with her. As this is happening, Tyler tells his mom, "They never answer me, but they'll back to Cate right away." I think he knows that they don't like him and only put up with him for Catelynn's sake. That maybe why he's so ornery and entitled when they talk about B&T. He can't stand the fact that they can't stand him. 

• Love 22

You can see the fear in Catelynn''s face as she changed Nova's diaper while Tyler began throwing a fit about B&T. He was reminding me of Butch. Even as Tyler began ranting to Butch, I was a bit worried that Butch was going to get all wired up and angry and start saying shit as well. 

I think Catelynn talks only to Theresa because shit has gotten out of hand before regarding Tyler. Catelynn is likely softening the blow. She already told the viewers about Tyler's volatile temper. This is not good. I can recognize the look of fear. I am not saying there is any DV going on, but Tyler is dishing out definite toxic anger. 

Toxic Tyler, I'd love to be in your face. Give me five minutes with this bitch!!!

• Love 17

I kind of love all the beginning posts of this thread being about MTV classic and rewatching old RW and RR. Which btw are..amazing. It might be the greatest thing MTV has done in a while. 

I think B&T would only close the adoption because of Tyler. I think they like Catelynn, espiecelley Teresa likes her and feel for her and Catelynn actually does understand the rules of it. It's Tyler who does not. 

Matt is an idiot. Farrah is dead to him? Why is Farrah making sense all of a sudden?

The more Maci talks or tries to explain, she really sounds more and more stupid. And I don't think anyone believes her anyway. After 2 kids, that lie isn't working. And she can't keep her lies in order, it seems. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, geekamonggeeks said:

I think B&T prefer only speaking to Catelynn because she's easier to get along with and she's less likely to blow up at them. I know a couple seasons ago Teresa did speak to Tyler when he posted that Carly video on his fan page; he came in with the phone in his hand and told Cate about the conversation he and Teresa had. So I think they may speak to just Tyler occasionally, but choose not to because, again, he's an asshole and Cate is more willing to agree with B&T or at least not raise such a ruckus. 

Nobody's brought it up yet, but one of the producers asked Tyler if it was odd that Teresa was calling. He said something like, "It is odd, but hopefully this means that Brandon and Teresa will start talking to us normally instead of scheduling and controlling everything." Maybe it's just me, but it bugged me that he implied that it's abnormal that B&T don't talk to them on a constant basis. I mean, how could they when C&T's entire lives revolve around this show? Teresa even pointblank said that there would be contact between them if it weren't for "Teen Mom". Besides, it's not like most adoptive parents and birth parents are besties who talk to each other once a week; schedules and "controlled" environments are where it's at. Brandon and Teresa have already reduced so much contact already and hardly talk to Tyler at all, it seems. That chance to have ~normal~ interaction is long gone. 

3 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

I get it, and I don't disagree about your views on Tyler, but just like Cate and Tyler have to accept a lot of limits on their relationship with Carly and B&T, I feel like B&T made a deal, too (an open adoption, Teen Mom, agreeing to make it public...). They're free to change their mind as things have evolved over the years, but they signed on to this knowing that a teen mom and her boyfriend put their baby up for adoption and would talk about their "journey" on tv, so if you're going to change the rules, I think it's only fair to communicate this to both of them, even if they find Tyler difficult to talk to.  Yes, Catelynn is more sensible, but she's also kind of weak and a push-over, and Theresa knows this, and takes advantage of it by only speaking to one of them about an issue that matters to both of them.  Plus, I think it stinks the way they threaten to keep Carly away from them if they don't abide by their rules.  Sorry, but that's blackmail, and it involves their daughter, and it's cruel.  

• Love 4

This is how it has always been with the adoption. They gave up their parental rights to Carly. It's not their child anymore. T & B raise the child the way they deem fit. If they don't want their child in the public eye, that is their choice. I'm sure they didn't even think these would still be on freakin cameras for this long. But, it's their right. Tyler and Catelynn have to respect those choices. They never wanted Carly in the public eye to begin with and seeing as how Tyler and co. can't remove themselves from a camera for any long period of time, it was time for them to make a hard decision.

• Love 9

Didn't Amber think it odd  fiancé took her to his hometown to meet some random cousin he hasn't seen in years and not make a stop to see his mom who was right down the road?  

What doesn't he want his mother to say to you Amber?  Hmmm...

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Didn't Amber think it odd  fiancé took her to his hometown to meet some random cousin he hasn't seen in years and not make a stop to see his mom who was right down the road?  

Well, Matt did say that his mother is satanic...which makes a lot of sense when you realize how horrible Matt really is. 

You can tell that Amber was over him, though. She didn't want anything to do with him and she definitely didn't want to meet his cousin. She also announced that she put their wedding on hold. She's so close to pulling the plug on their relationshit. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, geekamonggeeks said:

I definitely don't see it as blackmail. It's not like this is a normal adoption situation. Catelynn and Tyler are on TV every week, talking shit about their daughter's parents for all the world to see and deluding themselves into thinking they're going to have this super-close realtionship with Carly and that she'll return to them and their white trash families as soon as she turns eighteen. Tyler also claimed last season that Carly called him Daddy and he did nothing to correct her. I highly doubt it happened, but if it did, then Tyler was admitting that he deliberately confused Carly so he could brag about their ~connection~. He's definitely a toxic influence who really doesn't need to be in her life. 

Brandon and Teresa are Carly's parents and, besides Cate, seem to be the only people in this franchise who care about her well-being. Yes, she's pseudo-famous, but that doesn't mean they can't pull out of the show to protect her as she gets older. They've been reducing contact steadily over the years, and stopped letting their meetings be filmed when Carly was about four or so. I think this thing has gotten way out of control, but I don't blame them for a second for cutting ties with filming. As for Tyler...fuck him. Maybe if he weren't such a sniveling little asshole who says---on TV---that he would've picked different adoptive parents for Carly, B&T may be more willing to talk to him. You can't insult people like that on television and then expect them to be courteous to you in return. He backed himself up into a corner with that one, and all his self-entitled ranting and raving isn't helping his case. It's just probably influencing B&T's decision to only communicate with Catelynn. 

First off, unless I missed it, I don't think Cate and Tyler think that Carly is going to return to them once she turns eighteen, or ever said anything like that.  In fact, I've heard both of them talk about how they feel they made the right decision, and how lucky Carly is to have B&T as parents.  Secondly, yes, B&T are Carly's parents, and not only do they get to make all decisions, including limiting and now ending filming her for MTV, but I've been behind them 100%.  The only thing I object to is how they're making a major change that affects both Catelynn and Tyler, and yet they don't include Tyler in the discussion.  I think it's unfair and cowardly.  Yes, Tyler is immature and often a jerk, but what do you expect when you adopt a child from two sixteen year-olds with troubled backgrounds?  And then agree to participate in an open adoption and a tv show documenting the story?  It's not always going to be sunshine and roses.  They lucked out with Catelynn, as she's so agreeable and (usually) mature.  If they find Tyler too difficult, then that's a hurdle for them, and I think they should deal with the hurdle instead of sidestepping and ignoring it.  Or worse - putting the responsibility on Cate to deal with it.  

• Love 2
Just now, LotusFlower said:

First off, unless I missed it, I don't think Cate and Tyler think that Carly is going to return to them once she turns eighteen, or ever said anything like that.  In fact, I've heard both of them talk about how they feel they made the right decision, and how lucky Carly is to have B&T as parents.  Secondly, yes, B&T are Carly's parents, and not only do they get to make all decisions, including limiting and now ending filming her for MTV, but I've been behind them 100%.  The only thing I object to is how they're making a major change that affects both Catelynn and Tyler, and yet they don't include Tyler in the discussion.  I think it's unfair and cowardly.  Yes, Tyler is immature and often a jerk, but what do you expect when you adopt a child from two sixteen year-olds with troubled backgrounds?  And then agree to participate in an open adoption and a tv show documenting the story?  It's not always going to be sunshine and roses.  They lucked out with Catelynn, as she's so agreeable and (usually) mature.  If they find Tyler too difficult, then that's a hurdle for them, and I think they should deal with the hurdle instead of sidestepping and ignoring it.  Or worse - putting the responsibility on Cate to deal with it.  

Catelynn and Tyler have talked about Carly coming to stay with them for the summer when she got older and how, maybe, she would come back to live with them once she hit eighteen. Catelynn has also spoken about Carly being super-close to Nova growing up. They're both still deluded when it comes to what their relationship with Carly will entail. 

I honestly don't blame B&T for not speaking to Tyler. Like I said before; he's an asshole who is all to willing to throw them under the bus instead of trying to make amends for the awful shit he's said about them. It goes both ways. Catelynn chose to saddle herself with Tyler and marry him despite knowing that he has a volatile temper and freaks out at the slightest stuff. It may be sad to say, but that's her shit to worry about, not Brandon and Teresa's. 

• Love 14

And then agree to participate in an open adoption and a tv show documenting the story?  It's not always going to be sunshine and roses.  They lucked out with Catelynn, as she's so agreeable and (usually) mature.  If they find Tyler too difficult, then that's a hurdle for them, and I think they should deal with the hurdle instead of sidestepping and ignoring it.  Or worse - putting the responsibility on Cate to deal with it.  

@LotusFlower  They did not know about Teen Mom until after the adoption. How were they to predict that MTV would throw money at these girls and offer them a tv show beyond 16 & Pregnant? What B&T agreed to was to showcase how adoption is an option for many of these young parents.

As for Tyler, who knew how Tyler would turn out. No one could predict he would turn into this big jackass with controlling issues. Tyler is a straight up manipulator and controlling ass to Cate. He is now projecting that attitude upon B&T. Rather than focus on the child he does have - Nova - he is more concerned with trying to remove the boundaries that B&T have rightfully set.

Tyler is scary. I would not want him to babysit my pets, much less be around children. I am certain B&T have seen and heard from Cate herself what Tyler is all about. Catelynn is not weak as much as she is in a situation that is not at all healthy . She has a spouse who has constantly tried to control her, control her weight, he threatens her, he calls her names, all of those things have been viewed by the public. If he does that to his wife, what will he do to Carly? No doubt B&T have watched all of this play out and have become concerned with their daughter's overall well-being. God knows what crap Tyler may be telling Carly. Wasn't it just last season he was claiming Carly called him "daddy"? Bullshit.  I'd pull my child away from him too if he was making such claims.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 20

They also say that Carly will be one sad little girl if the adoption closes. I doubt it. I'm sure Cate and Ty are like cousins that you see sometimes on special occasions. And not even that. Once a year plus presents? That child has a LIFE. She's not holed up in an orange living room 24/7 obsessing about something not in her life. I wanted to slap the pudge off of Tyler's little face when he said he'd absolutely give up contact with Carly if he couldn't talk about her ON camera. Why can't he talk about her off camera? No one is stopping him from thinking about her privately. He's only interested in "fans". 

I see now he's backtracking on Twitter by saying B&T are great parents and he just didn't have all the information, whatever the hell that means. And yes, as was mentioned, I can't pardon Cate for immediately doing exactly what Teresa asked her not to do. 

Lovely post, SPLAIN. As a mother I'm always personally offended by Tyler's F'ing with the boundaries B&T want to set. All those years of living every waking moment with your child. The skinned knees, the vomiting, the chicken pox, the bad dreams, the thunderstorms, the bully in school. They have no idea what it is to feel every moment of life with your child. And if the head doesn't come out of the ass, he's going to miss all of that with Nova too. He just sat there with that stupid cap on his head fuming about something SO stupid and insignificant. 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, geekamonggeeks said:

I honestly don't blame B&T for not speaking to Tyler. Like I said before; he's an asshole who is all to willing to throw them under the bus instead of trying to make amends for the awful shit he's said about them. It goes both ways. Catelynn chose to saddle herself with Tyler and marry him despite knowing that he has a volatile temper and freaks out at the slightest stuff. It may be sad to say, but that's her shit to worry about, not Brandon and Teresa's. 

I think you make a good point about Catelynn - she made the decision to have a baby with Tyler, to document their whole story with him, and then to marry him, so he's her cross to bear.  But B&T made this deal with both of them, and now they're reneging, and only telling Catelynn.  

Tyler sounds like such a blow-hard when he says no one can censor him, he has a voice, etc..., but he's not wrong.  I totally get why B&T want to end their participation with the show, but I don't think it's ok for them to tell Tyler (and Cate) what THEY can and can't talk about on the show.  And worse, to blackmail them with threats about Carly if they don't heed their warning.  It's manipulation at best, censorship at worst.  

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

. And if the head doesn't come out of the ass, he's going to miss all of that with Nova too. He just sat there with that stupid cap on his head fuming about something SO stupid and insignificant. 

Thanks EmeraldGirl.

I just posted the same thing about Tyler ignoring Nova. So much energy invested in a child that he freely gave up. Here he has been blessed with a daughter to raise and what does he do? He complains about the one he gave away. I swear, I really want to smack him.

• Love 17

B&T owe Catelynn and Tyler nothing. As Splain said, they didn't know a sequel to 16 & Pregnant was even a possibility and they wanted that child more than an open adoption but were willing to compromise. They can shut C&T out at any time and they should have by now. I think they're simply good people. 

• Love 19

SPLAIN, thank you for your explanation! It's nice to see your narrative on your life experience and how you view who your parents are. I don't know you personally or your story personally but how you explained it is how I view it when watching this show, Tyler and Cate talk about Carly as if she's staying with B&T for a short time and will return to them at some point. The sad thing is, they've been talking like this since they were teens. I used to think it was age and the show making it this way, but now I  believe these are the feelings.

Tyler is really unbelievable.  He can't be silenced?!?!? Ugh. Also, while Carly is a part of his story, she should not be the life focus that she happens to be a lot of the time. I know, granted, she was because they didn't have much else and what brought them to the show was giving Carly up, but now with Nova, it seems the story has shifted. Also.. what made me laugh during his tirade was when he was like, "WHATEVER! But my life is on camera and this is my life" because of Cate. 

Also, it needs to be mentioned. Larry is the god damn best.  Why hasn't MTV given him his spin off show?

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I see now he's backtracking on Twitter by saying B&T are great parents and he just didn't have all the information, whatever the hell that means. And yes, as was mentioned, I can't pardon Cate for immediately doing exactly what Teresa asked her not to do. 

I alluded to this earlier - Cate leaves things out, and gave a completely different version of the story to Tyler that she gave to the producer.  When the producer asked about the phone call, Cate sounded kind of disappointed, but also understanding of Theresa's perspective, and even said she told Theresa that "it's fine" and she can "respect them in that way."  With Tyler, not only did she convey the message in a completely different (read: unsympathetic) way, but when Tyler questioned it and said it was annoying, she said "I know."  This is one of the reasons why Theresa should have discussed this with both of them.  Maybe Tyler acts out and says stupid and unfair things about B&T, but maybe it's because they ignore him and only talk to Cate, so he either doesn't get information relayed to him, or it's inaccurate, or at least delivered through Cate's filter (which is usually screwy based on the dynamics of their relationship).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LotusFlower said:

Plus, I think it stinks the way they threaten to keep Carly away from them if they don't abide by their rules.  Sorry, but that's blackmail, and it involves their daughter, and it's cruel.  

I hope I am reading this wrong. You do mean Carly is Brandon and Theresa's daughter, not Catelynn and Tyler's daughter?

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, Katt said:

B&T owe Catelynn and Tyler nothing. As Splain said, they didn't know a sequel to 16 & Pregnant was even a possibility and they wanted that child more than an open adoption but were willing to compromise. They can shut C&T out at any time and they should have by now. I think they're simply good people. 

I agree, and I don't think anyone's ever said that Catelynn and Tyler have or should have any parental rights at all re: Carly.  But are B&T allowed to control what Catelynn and Tyler talk about?  Their feelings, and their right to express them?  

1 minute ago, GreatKazu said:

I hope I am reading this wrong. You do mean Carly is Brandon and Theresa's daughter, not Catelynn and Tyler's daughter?

I actually paused before I typed this, because Carly is Brandon and Theresa's daughter, but they all agreed to an open adoption, in part because they wanted Carly to know her birth parents (is that even the correct term?), and I didn't know how to refer to her.  Are Catelynn and Tyler considered or called birth or bio-parents?  If so, is Carly their bio-daughter?  Or just daughter?  Or.....?

1 hour ago, SPLAIN said:

As a person who was adopted, along with my siblings, I find it appalling that B&T's child is referenced as Cate and Tyler's child. The two people who created me made a choice. They gave me up. They were NOT my parents. The people who adopted me are the two people who cared for me, loved me, kissed me goodnight, clothed me, tended to me, put a roof over my head, worked their asses off to pay for all that we had, paid for my schooling, stayed awake at night when I was ill, took me to the doctor when I needed it, gave me discipline when I deserved it, and all the things that parents do 24/7 365 days out of the year. Those are parents. Being a parent is more than dropping sperm and giving birth.

You can bet that my parents had every right to call the shots the way they saw fit. If the two people who created me tried to come back into my life and lay any claim on me, they would have been shown the door. I have never had a desire to know those people. They have no rights to me or my life.

Same.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

I actually paused before I typed this, because Carly is Brandon and Theresa's daughter, but they all agreed to an open adoption, in part because they wanted Carly to know her birth parents (is that even the correct term?), and I didn't know how to refer to her.  Are Catelynn and Tyler considered or called birth or bio-parents?  If so, is Carly their bio-daughter?  Or just daughter?  Or.....?

Well, it depends on the people involved. Some people don't acknowledge their birth parents. Some do. Some use "bio parents" while other people use different terms. According to Tyler and Catelynn, they have made statements that Carly is their daughter. They have also alluded to the idea that somehow she is on some temporary journey with Brandon and Theresa. I can't be certain that they have actually used the term "biological daughter". I am sure others here would know better as they have a better memory than me. I think they do refer to her a lot of the times as "our child", but they have also stated Carly is "their child" meaning Brandon and Theresa.

• Love 5

Legally, Carly is Brandon and Theresa's daughter in that B&T have all of the legal powers of parents. But emotionally, none of us can really say how Carly will view her relationship with Cate and Tyler. Different kids feel different ways about adoption. There's no one size fits all. I feel skeptical that Carly will feel much of a pull towards Cate and Tyler because their lives look to be a hot mess, but who knows. Maybe by the time Carly is old enough to really question her origins, Cate and Tyler will be in a better place. Miracles happen.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

I am calling it. That guy had to have been paid by Matt, plain and simple. Whether he is a relative or not, Matt and this guy are in cahoots. Matt is bringing all of these people around Amber all of a sudden and notice, they all say the same thing to Amber - Matt is a good guy. Don't believe the lies. Forget his past! He even followed up with telling Amber what a star athlete Matt was in school. Didn't he say Matt has a couple of sport records too?  It's as if they are following a script!!! I think that dude was seeing $$$ in his future. They are like leeches. Who the hell cares what Matt did in high school or any school. The only records Amber should be concerned with are his criminal records and the court records.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 15

Why is Maci freaking out about how young her babies are AND planning a wedding? Go to the bloody courthouse or wait a couple of years! Cheesy Fries, girl!
A few of us have discussed our weddings on here and I think most of us were more concerned about the marriage than the poofy dress and subsequent debt. Stop acting like a martyr. It isn't a bloody act of parliament, FFS!

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, Katt said:

Probably not as long as it isn't inflammatory. It usually is with Tyler, though. 

But the "free" in free speech means saying whatever you want, both good and bad.  If you're only allowed to say good things, that's controlled speech.

7 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

But the "free" in free speech means saying whatever you want, both good and bad.  If you're only allowed to say good things, that's controlled speech.

That doesn't mean you're not antagonising people or they aren't free to retaliate. There are consequences in this situation.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

I think Tyler needs to concern himself with Nova, and not what he has to say about Carly. He needs to also concern himself with how he speaks to and about Catelynn. Calling his wife "heifer" is more concerning to me than anything he has to say about Carly. In fact, I am so over hearing about their journey about Carly. I want to see him start being a parent to Nova, the child he kept.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I am calling it. That guy had to have been paid by Matt, plain and simple. Whether he is a relative or not, Matt and this guy are in cahoots. Matt is bringing all of these people around Amber all of a sudden and notice, they all say the same thing to Amber - Matt is a good guy. Don't believe the lies. Forget his past! It's as if they are following a script!!! I think that dude was seeing $$$ in his future. They are like leeches.

I want to see Matt brought down so badly!  I love how he said the tabloids are paying these people he's never met to tell lies about him.  Yes, Matt, you're such a big star that strangers are coming out of the woodwork to make up stories about you.  And funny how you can father children with women you've never met.  And Farrah is dead to him?  Simply because she told Amber about his tweet to her?  The tweet he lied to Amber about?  The tweet that the Internet has documented and saved? (And this is the last time I'll ever take Farrah's side on anything).

• Love 11
1 hour ago, EmeraldGirl said:

They also say that Carly will be one sad little girl if the adoption closes. I doubt it. I'm sure Cate and Ty are like cousins that you see sometimes on special occasions. And not even that. Once a year plus presents? That child has a LIFE. She's not holed up in an orange living room 24/7 obsessing about something not in her life. I wanted to slap the pudge off of Tyler's little face when he said he'd absolutely give up contact with Carly if he couldn't talk about her ON camera. Why can't he talk about her off camera? No one is stopping him from thinking about her privately. He's only interested in "fans". 

I was annoyed that Catelyn didn't say to him, no one is saying you can't talk about her or express your feelings, you just can't do it on camera. The show films one week a month, right?  Of course they aren't demanding what he can and cannot talk about, just that he not discuss Carly on tv. Why is that so difficult?

I remember last season when they had to have a sit down with Tyler about the posting of pictures, something he said was really rude or disrespectful to the point that I remember Theresa's face when he said it and it wasn't good.  I wish I could remember exactly what he said. Wasn't it something like, "when you tell me I can't post pictures of her, I do it anyway out of spite"?  And he said something like this made him question of they were the right couple for the adoption.  He basically threw a temper tantrum. So I totally understand why she wouldn't want to talk about these issues with him anymore.  He was very childish and impossible to reason with, so I would choose to deal with Cate instead too, if I were her.

I am sure that during the adoption process, Brandon and Theresa had no idea that this one hour documentary would turn into 7 years of filming. They never could have predicted this would happen.  I don't think they had to consent to her being a part of this show forever just because they were okay being on a one hour special.

Edited by poopchute
  • Love 22
9 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

I want to see Matt brought down so badly!  I love how he said the tabloids are paying these people he's never met to tell lies about him.  Yes, Matt, you're such a big star that strangers are coming out of the woodwork to make up stories about you.  And funny how you can father children with women you've never met.  And Farrah is dead to him?  Simply because she told Amber about his tweet to her?  The tweet he lied to Amber about?  The tweet that the Internet has documented and saved? (And this is the last time I'll ever take Farrah's side on anything).

Matt just admitted it takes him 10 seconds. Ha ha ha! Actually, that's about 11 seconds longer than I'd want that greasy mound anywhere near me. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Katt said:

That doesn't mean you're not antagonising people or they aren't free to retaliate. There are consequences in this situation.

Right, but by telling them they'll no longer get to see or visit with Carly if they say anything negative about them, then that's manipulating or controlling what they say.  I didn't like the threat part of this.

3 minutes ago, Katt said:

Matt just admitted it takes him 10 seconds. Ha ha ha! Actually, that's about 11 seconds longer than I'd want that greasy mound anywhere near me. 

I was thinking the same thing when he said that!  (Maybe drunk Matt?!)

Speaking of Matt being sober, was he drinking beer at his cousin's house?  It looked like it.  

I'm not sure if everyone is aware, but Tyler and Caitlyn's crazy fans tracked down Brandon & Theresa's address and church, called Brandon at work, and were generally harassing them. That is when the first pull back happened, with B&T saying no photos posted and Carly could no longer be filmed for her safety. 

After Tyler posted that video anyway, B&T sat down with them and tried to discuss it, and Tyler said that them telling him he couldn't do it just made him want to do it more. B&T were speechless and Cait was holding back tears. 

Cait was lied to and manipulated by Bethany Adoption Services (or whatever it was called) and walked away thinking she was going to have much more contact and control of Carly then she did. After she said on the aftershow with Dr. Drew that she didn't even know Carly's last name, the crazed fans set out discover all they could about B&T and blamed them for withholding info from C&T. There was a lot of negative attention thrown toward B&T and I don't remember Tyler or Cate telling people to stop. I feel like Tyler's behavior has created this situation, with B&T being forced to say, "No more." 

• Love 24

Oh, shit, yeah,  @ChristinaBethany Christian adoption whatever are the sleaziest of the sleazy. 
@LotusFlower, Matt's always bloody drinking! Things only count when he says so, not when it's the truth or common sense. The tosser. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Katt said:

@LotusFlower, Matt's always bloody drinking! Things only count when he says so, not when it's the truth or common sense. The tosser. 

Really?  So he's not sober.  How is that ok?  And why does Dr. Drew - Mr. Addiction Specialist - not address this?  

Things only count when he says so - you're right!  It's exactly the same thing about the kids he's fathered - they're only his kids if he says so.  And the tweets he sent to Farrah and Janelle - they're only his tweets if the Teen Mom wrote back, and only Amber did, so only hers count.  He's such a duplicitous loser.  

• Love 4

We've discussed on here about Matt's so-called sobriety in the thread named for him and Amber's and how it's entirely possible he used the ex-addict story to suck Amber in. He's been proven to lie about issues to get to women at their lowest and exploit them. Dr Derp doesn't address anything that might piss off "the talent". 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Katt said:

We've discussed on here about Matt's so-called sobriety in the thread named for him and Amber's and how it's entirely possible he used the ex-addict story to suck Amber in. He's been proven to lie about issues to get to women at their lowest and exploit them. Dr Derp doesn't address anything that might piss off "the talent". 

Oh ok, sorry, I didn't know that.  Your theory sounds totally on-the-money, and completely inline with his lying m.o.  And Amber's, too, as she's so vulnerable and gullible and needy.

When you have time, go and read those threads. They're quite horrifying. I think Amber too pig-headed to tell him to get lost or maybe she's genuinely frightened. To me, she seems to be at least on the way to being done with him.

16 minutes ago, Katt said:

When you have time, go and read those threads. They're quite horrifying. I think Amber too pig-headed to tell him to get lost or maybe she's genuinely frightened. To me, she seems to be at least on the way to being done with him.

Yup.  She's pig-headed, but I think she's also spent so much time defending him that to dump him now means the "haters" were right, and she doesn't want to give them (er, us) the satisfaction.  Plus, there's her laziness.  I honestly think that when she has Leah, she does next to nothing, and that's where Matt earns his keep, and she's probably nervous to let that go.  

Yes, I'll check out the Amber thread.  Thnx.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

Really?  So he's not sober.  How is that ok?  And why does Dr. Drew - Mr. Addiction Specialist - not address this?  

Dr. Drew doesn't watch the series.  He sees the clips along with the studio audience. His only information comes from the TelePrompTer and point cards in his hand. 

• Love 6