Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Don't Panic

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

So her plan is now to look like a total idiot by not understanding that missing your period for four months is PROBABLY a good indicator you're not three weeks pregnant? The sad part is it's such a more interesting story for her to admit "I hid this from everyone because XYZ, and now I have to face that." Instead they're going with "We're dummies."

• Love 11

I hope they flashback to all the times she was drinking and getting zero prenatal care for those 21 weeks.

And also, wasn't her original story that she found out she was pregnant when she was at the doctor getting her prescription refilled?  Which made no sense anyway because at the reunion which we know was filmed the weekend she got engaged, she told dr panda she was on something, I can't remember her fake birth control of choice.  So anyway, does she think we all have amnesia?

found it: http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/teen-mom-ogs-maci-bookout-on-third-pregnancy-speechless-w164702

Edited by poopchute
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

So her plan is now to look like a total idiot by not understanding that missing your period for four months is PROBABLY a good indicator you're not three weeks pregnant? The sad part is it's such a more interesting story for her to admit "I hid this from everyone because XYZ, and now I have to face that." Instead they're going with "We're dummies."

She probably doesn't want to admit that she knew she was pregnant because she was shown drinking alcohol several times during her pregnancy. She was showing last season and wearing huge coats and shirts in an effort to hide it; she was also filmed drinking beer and margaritas. Maci really did put herself in a corner. If she claims that she didn't know she was pregnant, then she looks like a total idiot. But if she admits that she hid her pregnancy for whatever reason, then she's admitting that she knowingly drank during at least the first trimester and put her child at risk for FAS. By the way, has anybody seen any photos of Maverick yet? I don't keep up with these peoples' social media or the tabloids, so I have no idea if anybody really knows what he looks like or if his dumbass parents are hiding him. 

• Love 5

She posted one picture of him in a baby carrier where you can't see his face.  I really wonder if he is okay.  She posts a lot of Bently and Jade, so it's weird she hasn't even posted one picture of him.  Especially when they are so small and just a little squish!

• Love 2

She probably doesn't want to admit that she knew she was pregnant because she was shown drinking alcohol several times during her pregnancy.

I will go with that reason. I will also add that she tossed aside her birth control so she could purposely conceive.

• Love 7

I was under the impression that this episode will air Sunday and then a brand-new episode will air Monday. MTV did the same thing with the TM2 girls a few months back. I think they know that this franchise is on its last legs, and may be airing more episodes than usual to get the season done faster. 

• Love 2

My DVR says they are both "Don't Panic" but there's also one set to record Monday at 10am with the generic description. It doesn't look like a marathon is scheduled either. I don't know, that's just what my guide is showing. I only knew about the Sunday airing because it was advertised on Mtv Classic this morning. 

14 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Where is this?  I want to watch classic!

MTV Classic replaced VH1 Classic. Check your cable provider for the channel.

One great thing about going back in time by watching MTV classic shows like RW and RR is, it takes me back to a time before MTV shelled out Teen Mom. Simple arguments between roommates or travel buddies seem so tame compared to the shit that Teen Mom airs.  *sigh*

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

One great thing about going back in time by watching MTV classic shows like RW and RR is, it takes me back to a time before MTV shelled out Teen Mom. Simple arguments between roommates or travel buddies seem so tame compared to the shit that Teen Mom airs.  *sigh*

OMG I'm never leaving the house!  Real World Season 3!!!  Does that mean I missed LA Season 2?  Uugh and stupid London is next.  I mean- I'll still watch.

• Love 8

Omg is right!  San Francisco has always been my favorite season. 

1 hour ago, SPLAIN said:

Thank you! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

OMG I'm never leaving the house!  Real World Season 3!!!  Does that mean I missed LA Season 2?  Uugh and stupid London is next.  I mean- I'll still watch.

LA season aired last weekend.

We should take this chatter to the RR and RW threads. :-) 

• Love 3

Amber's body language is so telling this episode. She is done with him, even if she won't admit it. Also, does anyone else think that Tyler was concerned about not being able to talk about Brandon/Theresa/Carly because it is his main story line. Now what does he have? 

• Love 13

Maci, your stomach was huge, you've experienced child birth twice before. You wanna come up with another excuse other than "I didn't know I was pregnant!" I mean look how big she is when she washes Jayde!

What is this world coming to? For the second straight episode I've found Farrah the most 'likeable'...what a touching scene when she reads what Debra wrote her. I felt true emotion there. 

• Love 18
Just now, poopchute said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure it would have been fairly difficult to have a blanket made with an enormous image of your child's face in a closed adoption.  

I used to be a regular commentator on Teen Mom Junkies (RIP) and my screen name was Catelynn's Carly Blanket. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a photo of the blanket in question. Ah, well. 

Tyler, shut up. We all know that you do not film the show everyday. You can get away with not talking about the adoption on camera. You just don't want to lose your cash cow aka Carly. 

• Love 12

So is Amber ever going to admit she fucked up by getting together with Matt? She doesn't seem happy at all. It makes me uncomfortable to watch how he aggressively takes control of a conversation and paints everyone else as the bad guy. And I got the vibe that Matt's cousin only wanted to meet up so he could be on camera.

That was a sweet scene between Jen and Larry. I'm glad they included it. Unfortunately, I can't picture Ryan ever talking to a woman with such tenderness.

Tyler's an ass, as always. I think Catelynn knows that he doesn't give a shit about her feelings, but has convinced herself that it's okay, and that she shouldn't expect more. I feel sad for her.

• Love 15
Spoiler

I don't know why that spoiler is there.

I hope tonight after this episode aired Theresa said, okay we are done with this until the show is cancelled.  I mean the whole point of her phone call was to say "stop talking about us" and then as soon as she hung up Catelyn was doing exactly what she had asked her not to do.  I understand the producers ask questions but I do not believe for one second Catelyn can't say, I'm sorry but I can't discuss it on camera anymore.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, poopchute said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I don't know why that spoiler is there.

I hope tonight after this episode aired Theresa said, okay we are done with this until the show is cancelled.  I mean the whole point of her phone call was to say "stop talking about us" and then as soon as she hung up Catelyn was doing exactly what she had asked her not to do.  I understand the producers ask questions but I do not believe for one second Catelyn can't say, I'm sorry but I can't discuss it on camera anymore.

I can see Catelynn choosing to explain what Teresa said so that everybody will know why they're not talking about the adoption anymore. Maybe Teresa gave her the okay so that people won't be confused and then said, "But after this episode, you guys are done." 

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, geekamonggeeks said:

I used to be a regular commentator on Teen Mom Junkies (RIP) and my screen name was Catelynn's Carly Blanket. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a photo of the blanket in question. Ah, well. 

Tyler, shut up. We all know that you do not film the show everyday. You can get away with not talking about the adoption on camera. You just don't want to lose your cash cow aka Carly. 

Oh, wow! CCB! Actually my fave poster. I said once I always hit like and then read your comments because they were always so spot on. Yay!

• Love 5
Just now, Katt said:

Oh, wow! CCB! Actually my fave poster. I said once I always hit like and then read your comments because they were always so spot on. Yay!

Thank you! Please tell me you were a TMJ commentator, too. I know a few of my fellow junkies migrated over to Reddit, and I've considered making an account there, but I just like this forum so much. 

• Love 2

I have Essure so there's very little chance of me getting pregnant. However, the second I'm a day late, I start mentally freaking out. If it ends up more than a few days late, I test to put my mind at ease. There's no way she didn't know or suspect it. She's an idiot.

• Love 4

My name was something like "Mary Kay Baconses Slap Blush".
I've been here for ages and I like Reddit but it doesn't have the same camaraderie as PTV. I don't check over there as obsessively as I do here. :)

• Love 3

How did parents like Jen and Larry raise a 28 yr old "kid" like Ryan? They really do see happy for Maci and I almost feel like Larry is thinking -- wow had my son made it work with Macy, it would be him with a house, a wife, and 2 sons and a daughter. I laughed when he said -- I'm not worried that he's not with someone at 28, but by 30 I'm going to panic. Lol. Very southern. He and Jen seem like they're probably 50-ish, which means they had Ryan a 22 and probably married right around that age. So while they're trying to be "cool" -- a 28 yr old should be married with a mortgage and a few kids by now and yet theirs just fails to -- or refuses to -- launch.

It was sweet the way that Larry thanked Jen for his life, his family -- and all her effort into Ryan and Bentley. I'm glad he recognizes it, though somehow I don't see Ryan ever acknowledging any woman he's with that way -- he'll just assume it's her God given duty to birth the children and raise them.

• Love 17
14 minutes ago, Katt said:

IIRC, Jen was a teen mom, too. 

That kind of explains why Jen and Larry have pretty much always been on Maci's side since day 1. I'm sure they had issues once in a while, but by and large they have given a lot of credit to Maci for raising their grandson -- likely bc they realize what it's like to have to do that in your teens. And it explains why they seem so happy for Maci now -- despite a teen pregnancy, she managed to make herself an empire and is now engaged with 2 more kids. Things are falling into place for her now, while their son -- 7 yrs after the fact -- appears to be living at home and pretty much doing what he was doing in 2009.

• Love 2
On August 26, 2016 at 3:16 PM, geekamonggeeks said:

I was under the impression that this episode will air Sunday and then a brand-new episode will air Monday. MTV did the same thing with the TM2 girls a few months back. I think they know that this franchise is on its last legs, and may be airing more episodes than usual to get the season done faster. 

Per MTV's publicist: the premiere of "Don't Panic" was tonight, and that there won't be another new episode after that until 9/4.

2 minutes ago, Tara Ariano said:

Per MTV's publicist: the premiere of "Don't Panic" was tonight, and that there won't be another new episode after that until 9/4.

Thanks for clearing it up. Now I don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow night haha. 

• Love 2

When maci is laying there telling the woman she has had no symptoms,  you actually see the baby give a big ol' kick. She's such a liar! 

When Tyler said this so annoying, I wish that Cate had said "no  it's not,  we have our own family to focus on now,  we'll be fine. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, imjagain said:

When maci is laying there telling the woman she has had no symptoms,  you actually see the baby give a big ol' kick. She's such a liar! 

And it was a strip-mall ultrasound studio...

Hopefully this was a staged scene and Maci visited her OB/GYN before this tomfoolery.

• Love 11

So Amber is dripping in diamonds, Matt is driving a zippy little sports car, yey Gary isn't entitled to back child support? I don't think it's much of a stretch to see that Amber wanted to marry her father. Or A father (nine times over !).  The guy is a big patriarchal douchbag.  She loves to watch him shut down conversations like some almighty ruler of MTV. Speaking of Gary - wtf is going on with his hair and eyebrows? He looks completely bald under that cap, and his brows come and go faster than a speeding bullet. It almost looks like he's in chemo or something. Oh so bizarre. 

I think Tyler (you know, the writer) was speaking AS Brandon and Teresa when he said that "We wanted a closed adoption and didn't want to be on television". Of course that all got jumbled in his inarticulate little brain. I didn't know it was ever expressed that they wanted it to be closed? Oh B&T, PLEASE just do it now! Poor Cate is a depressive, beaten down shell of a person who tokes it up in the car. Short of adopting her yourself, girlfriend is not leaving the pasty, spoiled boy wonder. Maybe someday you can go back to her, but damn what a drain it must be to have to threaten two dummies to shut up already about your child. I would not care less anymore what teenager ejacuated in his girlfriend (sorry - ick).

I thought for a minute that we must have had a Ryan double on the sofa acting alive and, you know, awake. Since when is he capable of stringing sentences together? He's usually doing his best impression of Weekend at Bernie's. 

Speaking of cutting off contact - Maci's parents are where? I'd probably cut myself off from filming too, but did they give lessons to Brandon and Teresa on how to ask never to be mentioned again? Weird to see Maci spreading the news of her Rosemary's Baby style mystery pregnancy and having there be no mention of her family.

Ok, wtf is going on with Amber's style? I just caught the scene of her wearing the scarf and sunglasses ala Lana Turner and it's just too awesome. 

Edited by EmeraldGirl
  • Love 18

Did I just hear Tyler say he chooses himself over his daughter?  What MTV and Tyler don't get is that the little girl is her own person and not a commodity to be bargained for.

Ryan has really grown on me.  His parents are awesome.

• Love 9

Did you catch when Tyler used the phrase "raising her" in regards to B & T with Carly? Another indication that they look at B & T as long-term babysitters. I love how Matt put the blame on FARRAH. Good God.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Did you catch when Tyler used the phrase "raising her" in regards to B & T with Carly? Another indication that they look at B & T as long-term babysitters. I love how Matt put the blame on FARRAH. Good God.

I heard that, too. I think Tyler thinks that he, Cate, and B&T share custody of Carly and ergo C&T have just as much of a say in how she's being raised. What part of "You signed away your parental rights forever" doesn't this assclown get? I love how deflated he looked when he asked Cate if she would paint her house tan if it meant seeing Carly and she immediately said, "Of course." He changed his tune real quick, but I think he was expecting her to say no so he could continue to go on about how unfair Brandon and Teresa were being. That conversation was one of the few times I saw Cate get genuinely annoyed with Tyler. You could tell she was having none of his shit. Now she just needs to get more of a backbone and she'd be great. 

As for Matt and Farrah, I loved that he said she was dead to him all because she told Amber to dump his ass. That really pissed him off. You know this show is getting weird when Farrah Abraham is the sanest and most rational cast member thus far. What is going on? 

• Love 22

Farrah and Matt discovered normal cousins that don't at all fit. How could Matt have an attractive, low key cousin who actually wanted to see him?

i think there are editing monkeys busy with Farrah's life. Debra is still a nut bag, but Farrah is acting like an almost regular person, and Sophia was a normal kid this episode (except for the voice). She ate normally in a restaurant, looked at pictures, and hugged her mother in an appropriate way. I really hope they haven't been giving her the demon child edit for fun's sake. That kid doesn't need to be any more messed up than she probably will be anyway. 

• Love 6

I loved Cate talking about how she won't talk about what she and Theresa talk about, as she's talking about what she and Theresa talked about.   Tyler is a selfish, narcissistic asshole.  He cares more about getting "likes" and attention on social media than anything else.   It's been said before but I really wish Theresa and Brandon would close the adoption.  I would also make sure they know that Tyler is the reason it was closed.  

Someone in another thread asked why they keep watching these shows when all they do is piss them off.  I'm wondering the same thing myself. I don't remember who the poster was but I agree with her.  

Farrah getting a"colonoscopy" was just a code word for her filming the Back Door sequel right?  The world has already seen what's up there. 

Cate's friend Alexa has always made me sad.  It's sad to see such a young, pretty girl so obese.  I hope she (and Gary) do something about their weight soon before its too late. 

Edited by Talky Tina
  • Love 7