Type keyword(s) to search

Drink Your Drink: The Suits Drinking Game

What makes a show fun to watch? Nuanced performances! Snappy writing! Edge-of-your-seat drama! And, in the absence of those, BOOZE!

And this is Suits we're taking about, so let's get this drinking game a' rollin'!

Here's what we've got so far.

Drink when:

• We hear an overused phrase: "What are you doing here?" "I don't give a shit!" "Now if you'll excuse me..."
  • Someone mentions how awesome Donna is. Drink twice if it's Donna herself.
  • Louis' personal life is upended.

Hardcore version:

• Whenever the word "goddamn" is used, shout "goddamn!" and drink. (Warning: not advised)

Bring 'em on! I'll edit this masterlist every so often to incorporate more rules as they are added.

Happy drinking! :D

• Love 2

Oh no, drinking twice whenever Donna says she's awesome will result in liver failure like 20 minutes into each episode.

Harvey doing something illegal: Take a sip. Why? If you take a drink, or if you have to chug for x seconds, you will be blackout drunk at the end of every episode.

• Love 1

Love it. I'll add them, as well as (after this past episode):

Drink when someone throws a tantrum over something they believe they are entitled to but didn't actually earn. Drink twice if it's NOT Mike!

(Edit: Damn, looks like, since I'm not a mod, I can no longer edit that first post to add suggestions. Guess we'll just have to keep adding on in the thread!)

Edited by Slovenly Muse

Small sips folks, you may be unconscious in 10 glorious minutes

• After a heated argument (is there ever unheated arguments?) one person will suddenly say something profound and walk out leaving the other person to stand there to ponder.
  • Love 2

Drink when:

• Something (a character or problem) that has been "resolved" suddenly pops up again (As much as I love her, I am counting Gina Torres appearing all over the place after leaving the show last year) (Could also include previously-rejected offers being dredged up and discussed again, guest stars whose stories were finished reappearing for drama's sake, characters making decisions, then changing their minds, then changing their minds again (for example, Harvey's therapist wanting to go out with him, then thinking it's wrong, then going out with him again; Mike and Rachel planning their wedding for the SECOND time after cancelling it once; opponents attacking Mike for not being a real lawyer after the show made him legit to move on from that issue, etc.))
  • A character KNOWS their actions are dumb, self-destructive, and going to lead to trouble, and they go ahead and do it anyway, even though they have smarter alternatives (Lookin' at you, Mike).
  • Louis (or anyone talking ABOUT Louis) uses the term "best friend(s)."
  • A character's name is played for laughs (Dr. Lipschitz, Sheila Zass, etc.)

I am so happy we have this thread.

• Love 2
On 8/9/2017 at 8:21 PM, Slovenly Muse said:

Drink when:

• A character KNOWS their actions are dumb, self-destructive, and going to lead to trouble, and they go ahead and do it anyway, even though they have smarter alternatives (Lookin' at you, Mike).

Between Mike and Louis, I can already feel my Blood Alcohol level getting toxic.

• Love 1
(edited)

As Cthulhudrew has been hilariously pointing out in episode threads, the new trend (or at least the increased trend) this season seems to be characters ambushing each other in the PSL office building's lobby. So! Anytime a main character walks into the building's lobby to find another character waiting there to talk to them, DRINK!

Also, drink whenever a character enters the opposite gender's washroom to have an intense conversation that, apparently, can't wait for the other person to finish washing their hands and get to an actually private place to talk.

Edited by Slovenly Muse
  • Love 1

Miscellaneous sips

1. Any time someone says the title of the episode

2. Any time the firm's name is changed

3. Any time something allegedly threatens to bankrupt this multimillion dollar firm

4. Any time someone talks about promotions/getting their name on the wall, 

5. Any reference to an old adversary/boss (i.e. Hardman, Dennis, Tanner, etc.)

6. Any reference to a real world  person/company as a client or competitor (i.e. Michael Jordan, Skadden, Pfizer)

Harvey sips

1. His mommy/daddy issues are discussed or shown in flashback

2. He shows up in a fancy sports car

3. He plays poker/gambles or uses a gambling metaphor

4. He or Donna refer to or act out their pre-trial ritual

5. Harvey boxes

Mike sips

1. The word "fraud" is used to describe him

2. Reference to his parents dying in an auto accident

3. Reference to his grandma

4. His photographic memory allows him to win a case

5. Mike screws his client over because he wants to be ethical

Louis sips

1. Louis uses his dictaphone

2. Louis talks about or shows his love for cats

3. Louis talks about or shows his love for the theater

4. Louis talks about or shows his love of mudding

5. Louis talks about the firm bylaws

A drink any time someone hands a folder or piece of paper to someone or dramatically drops it on their desk.

A drink after the person quickly flips through the pages and completely understands every word of it.

• Love 1