Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E01: The Dream Begins

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Nicorleans said:

See I thought Jenna looked wonderful and fresh, and not so artificially made up as some of the other girls.

Same...I kind of wondered if we were looking at the same girl! I thought back when she was on the team she had the bleached hair, over tan skin, etc. and now she looks so much more fresh and natural. 

• Love 2

Who wore the mermaid inspired costume? The blonde. I think Kelli loved her. 

Kyndall is is so flipping pretty. 

I love Tasha. I would've killed to look like that after giving birth. But I had my babies at 30, not 19. I also think Yuko is adorable. 

Oh and the girl from North Carolina whose college dance team won the DCC contest is freaking adorable too. Charlotte's snide comment about "there's something for everyone, i guess"made me throw my shoe at the tv. She is such a bitch. At least she had nice words for Jenna. 

Sorry, but I don't get all the Madeline love. At all.  

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Who wore the mermaid inspired costume? The blonde. I think Kelli loved her. 

Kyndall is is so flipping pretty. 

I love Tasha. I would've killed to look like that after giving birth. But I had my babies at 30, not 19. I also think Yuko is adorable. 

I think it was Mandy who wore the mermaid costume! i loved that one too. 

2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

There were definitely less girls trying out this year.  Or at least not 500-600 like they always say - that was very clear when you saw them sitting in bleachers!  Do they get like 500 applications (and a bunch don't show) and that's why they say that many tried out? ?  

I think the clip with 'bad dancers' with a 'bad look' was short because I truly don't think they get that many anymore.  Most people know they will be featured on the show and prob don't care to be embarrassed unless they are just a super confident person. I thought the pee segment was kind of funny - I didn't think it was mean, just another example of what a stressful experience it is.  I mean, they had a girl barfing last year so... also made me like Candice for her comments on how it can happen to anybody.  I like her so far.  I don't mind Anthony Ramos either I just think it's a little odd to have him interviewing the girls too along with CMT but whatevs. 

Wow the gorgeous tall blondes this year! Maggie, Heather O, Tasha and Mandy are STUNNING.  Just all so beautiful with great figures and personalities (that we've seen so far).  Love Maggie's voice!!  Her prelim outfit is one of my all-time favorites.  

So Tasha had a baby at 19, unmarried.  Obviously the guy didn't stick around, she pursued a dancing career - did Utah Jazz then went on to Phoenix Suns and THAT is where she met current husband.  He clearly adopted her daughter since they have the same last name.  Do I have all of this correct? Trying to piece it out since they didn't explain her story too well... but I do think she was a 'teen unwed mom' and has only been married about a year.  as for being made up after giving birth, LOL - this is so common among really young girls who have babies.  Or maybe ti's just my FB circle haha Most have admitted they showered, did their hair and make up and then got a pic with baby to share with friends. They have those in the rough pics for themselves but the more 'glam' ones they share.  maybe I'm just so used to it that I didn't think twice.  And I suppose this makes me a shallow B to some here but if I had a baby in my teen years I'd probably refuse pictures unless I was done up.  Totally different mindset at that age than I have now haha Anyway, Team Tasha for now.  :) 

Refuse to judge anyone's dancing abilities yet.  They have shown like 7.6 seconds of them dancing lol so just not fair for me to make a call on who is great and who is not.  

I actually think Yuko is precious so far - I teared up when she started crying about being lonely while following this dream.  

As a team full cheeks and curly hair - GO MADDIE!! Adore her and think she looks awesome.  

Kyndall - SO PRETTY.  Her skin and hair are just - so jealous!! 

Kelsey and Emily Roslyn both looked so stunning.  

I thought J, K and C all were pretty nice with their comments.  Charlotte even saying how wonderful Jenna looked (and she did - dang girl!!) and Kelli's remarks even about Emily's "intense stare" were kinder than "snake eyes".  They all looked great this year too! 

Sorry so long - mind vomit LOL! Going to watch it again tonight on CMT.com!! 

It's going to be like Dancing with the Stars, where at this point the dancing pros are more famous than the celebs they get on it LOL  Maybe this was Melissa's evil plan all along!! ;-D 

Confused about how Tasha is a struggling single mom (or portrayed as such) when she was able to go and be a pro dancer/cheerleader?  I don't have the responsibility of a child and I can't even afford to do that.  Hmmmmm ... me thinketh she was less struggling than portrayed??

• Love 7

Not to be mean but what's wrong with Tasha's face?  She seemed so pretty in pictures but it looks very plastic on TV and she's a lot less attractive.  Definitely not an HD face.  I also thought the smiling with tightly gripped lips was unattractive and she didn't seem to project power.  Granted I am only 5 minutes into the show! 

ugh - hope she gets better and makes a believer out of me ... hate to think they cut people like Calia and replaced her with plastic barbies

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Middle.of.Nowhere said:

In the stadium, with a wide shot of all the girls seated,  we froze the frame. There are approximately 215 girls. Unless there is an entire section not shown in the clip I don't know how they got audition numbers going up to 500. Kelli stands dead center in front of the group.  There may be a second section full of women, anyone know? 

I've never seen a second section. I also don't think 500 chairs are in the audition space. Now I'm gonna go re watch to see what the highest number is on the prelim board. 

Could anyone tell who was helping Judy teach the combo?

15 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Confused about how Tasha is a struggling single mom (or portrayed as such) when she was able to go and be a pro dancer/cheerleader?  I don't have the responsibility of a child and I can't even afford to do that.  Hmmmmm ... me thinketh she was less struggling than portrayed??

I need to rewatch it, I guess, because I didn't get that angle at ALL - I didn't think they portrayed her as a 'struggling single mom' (i.e. poor mom living on the streets) so much as a young women who had big dreams and lots of potential and having to fight back against criticism from others that she couldn't do any of that now that she had a baby. I'm sure she was in a similar position to Morgan - supportive parents who let her live at home and helped take care of Ivy when she was dancing.  And she gets blasted constantly for all her modeling pics and ads but that's dolla dolla bills, y'all.  We can disagree on proper ways to make money but at least she wasn't just being a lazy butt sitting around doing nothing and taking advantage of her privilege (if she even had that, i'm just assuming).  

Again, Im' sure someone will respond to tell me what getting a REAL job means and REAL struggle so I will just say in advance I agree to disagree :)  

13 minutes ago, Ms. SW said:

I've never seen a second section. I also don't think 500 chairs are in the audition space. Now I'm gonna go re watch to see what the highest number is on the prelim board. 

Could anyone tell who was helping Judy teach the combo?

Jacie, Holly A and Mia helped Judy teach the combo. 

And I don't think we can go off numbers to see how many total were there...I think people have said before they don't go directly in order. Correct me if I'm wrong on that! 

• Love 5

I actually bought the video on Amazon this morning and after several attempts froze frame for who was helping to teach.  It appears to be Holly, Jacie, and Mia.

Observations from the Midwest:

1. Charlotte was not there when they read off the names

2. In preview for the season show Kelli in a gray tank which does not work well for her large endowed breasts.  She needs something less adherent like the outfit Judy had on which flowed more

3. No mouthy comments from Neal this year so far and less comments overall from the judges

4. Identified Brooke as audition coordinator

5. No overly obese girls trying out.

6. I am surprised about Tasha and the teen pregnancy but then not to even mention she was married now....hmm

Wasn't Jamie who I asked about the "apple tree" girl from before?  It seems it would be good for Kelli to not only wear less figure hugging outfits but perhaps ones with some cap sleeve or lower but perhaps they don't even sell those in Texas.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I need to rewatch it, I guess, because I didn't get that angle at ALL - I didn't think they portrayed her as a 'struggling single mom' (i.e. poor mom living on the streets) so much as a young women who had big dreams and lots of potential and having to fight back against criticism from others that she couldn't do any of that now that she had a baby. I'm sure she was in a similar position to Morgan - supportive parents who let her live at home and helped take care of Ivy when she was dancing.  And she gets blasted constantly for all her modeling pics and ads but that's dolla dolla bills, y'all.  We can disagree on proper ways to make money but at least she wasn't just being a lazy butt sitting around doing nothing and taking advantage of her privilege (if she even had that, i'm just assuming).  

Again, Im' sure someone will respond to tell me what getting a REAL job means and REAL struggle so I will just say in advance I agree to disagree :)  

Jacie, Holly A and Mia helped Judy teach the combo. 

And I don't think we can go off numbers to see how many total were there...I think people have said before they don't go directly in order. Correct me if I'm wrong on that! 

Interesting perspective Lauren ... thanks for that and I agree we can all agree to disagree.  I know if I had a kid while that young, I would not be mooching off my parents while I go dancing.  My mom would tell me to get my sht together, work a job (or two) to provide for my kid, watch my kid, and get my degree.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Interesting perspective Lauren ... thanks for that and I agree we can all agree to disagree.  I know if I had a kid while that young, I would not be mooching off my parents while I go dancing.  My mom would tell me to get my sht together, work a job (or two) to provide for my kid, watch my kid, and get my degree.

My friend just had a kid last year at the age of 25 and I thought that was young, I can't imagine what Tasha had to go through at 17. Then again, my friend is at a low paying job during the day and then a waitressing job at night on Fridays and Sat. I left that job before I could get the pregnancy "bug" that pretty much everyone gets and to get paid what I was worth. Anyway back on topic, I wonder if Tasha had a job I wasn't paying attention really during her intro.

2 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

My friend just had a kid last year at the age of 25 and I thought that was young, I can't imagine what Tasha had to go through at 17. Then again, my friend is at a low paying job during the day and then a waitressing job at night on Fridays and Sat. I left that job before I could get the pregnancy "bug" that pretty much everyone gets and to get paid what I was worth. Anyway back on topic, I wonder if Tasha had a job I wasn't paying attention really during her intro.

wow ... I applaud your friend for working so hard to maintain a good life for her and her child.  I wish her the best of luck and hopefully she can find a higher paying job so she doesn't have to work 2 jobs anymore

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

haha! mine would too! but I also wasn't a pageant queen or incredible dancer.  It's possible that if I was super talented in that way my parents would have been OK with it, at least for a few years, while my child is young and especially if I was making money.  It is absolutely CRAZY how much people can make from IG celebrity (i.e. modeling for boutiques, ads, etc.)  I even know some people who make bank from their blogs and social media so it's possible her parents figured she made as much doing that as she would as a checkout girl at the super market and gave her a flexible schedule to be with her baby.  Who knows! I am guessing off of personal acquaintances and whatnot.

I just don't think it's fair to crucify Tasha for the edit she is getting on CMT.  Look at her IG over a period of days and she mentions her husband a million times. She is not selling herself these days as a single mom so that is CMT's angle for sure. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

wow ... I applaud your friend for working so hard to maintain a good life for her and her child.  I wish her the best of luck and hopefully she can find a higher paying job so she doesn't have to work 2 jobs anymore

I wish she would leave that place but they're so accommodating for people who have kids so I don't think she will anytime soon. She was trying to get her massage license but failed the test like 4 times so she'd have to retake a class. She was in community college with me in Spring of 2014 but stopped going after that semester while I continued on so I don't think she could find a higher paying job. She works hard and I applaud her but I just wish she would find a better job lol I wish all of my friends who work there could find a better job.

The pros of this episode

1. The girl from Arizona, Mandy or heather?  is super pretty. 

2. I like Auto Amy.  Maybe i won't by season's end but she's a fighter

3. Madeline is way cuter than last year

4.  I need the name of Judy's plastic surgeon/dermatologist.  She looks great for being almost 60

5. Candace Romo seems nice.  I like that she talked about her pee experiences. 

Cons

1. Please, someone tell Kelli to stop with the bodycon dresses!!! Not HD Friendly at all

2. Charlotte needs to fire her plastic surgeon.

3. Get rid of the Access Hollywood guy.  That segment was TERRIBLE.  No one cares about these Z list "celebs".  Melissa Rycroft and Kellie Pickler i'm looking at you, too.

Edited by Runnergrl37
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Annette said:

Can't wait for next week's drama. Certainly appears Caila had a crap interview (Donald = ugh)while poor Kate had the deer in the headlights look.

Looks she had the same problem as Alyssa and Teri did.

• Love 3

Okay, I despise Tasha!  One of my biggest complaints is that when they showed the picture of her in the hospital holding her newborn child, SHE WAS IN FULL MAKEUP WITH FALSE EYELASHES ON?!?!?   What a shallow piece of garbage!

• Love 1

I thought I'd hate Tasha but she was kinda cute. I didn't think thy were trying to paint her as a struggling teen mom at all, just as a young mom who had to put her dreams on hold. 

I was oddly unimpressed by Yuko. I know it was only a few clips but what I saw wasn't big and bold. I don't like to be too mean on looks because clearly all of these women are attractive and fit but her look isn't the best to me  

Emily is "strange pretty". I remember on old episodes of next top model they called it something like that. Not everyone's cup of tea.

madeline is so cute.

Kyndall too.

Spoiler

Makes me sad for what we already know.

Man kelsey is gorgeous. 

I like Amy and she's so pretty.

Spoiler

Another sad case when we know what's to come

3 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Okay, I despise Tasha!  One of my biggest complaints is that when they showed the picture of her in the hospital holding her newborn child, SHE WAS IN FULL MAKEUP WITH FALSE EYELASHES ON?!?!?   What a shallow piece of garbage!

I agree that was a bit ridiculous. When I had my daughter that was the least of my concerns. But shallow piece of garbage? Eek. 

• Love 10

I count 204 girls in the audience when Kelly is speaking to them.  

There are 8 rows of 23 & the last row has 20 girls.  

I too found last nights episode a little flat.  There were less comments, except Charlotte, and less dance skills shown.  I thought Judy teaching the routine was shorter this year.  

Edited by Jazzmom
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Shan18 said:

I thought I'd hate Tasha but she was kinda cute. I didn't think thy were trying to paint her as a struggling teen mom at all, just as a young mom who had to put her dreams on hold. 

I was oddly unimpressed by Yuko. I know it was only a few clips but what I saw wasn't big and bold. I don't like to be too mean on looks because clearly all of these women are attractive and fit but her look isn't the best to me  

Emily is "strange pretty". I remember on old episodes of next top model they called it something like that. Not everyone's cup of tea.

madeline is so cute.

Spoiler

Kyndall too. Makes me sad for what we already know. 

Man kelsey is gorgeous. 

Spoiler

I like Amy and she's so pretty. Another sad case when we know what's to come

I agree that was a bit ridiculous. When I had my daughter that was the least of my concerns. But shallow piece of garbage? Eek. 

lol ... agree with you on the eek.  I do think that's totally ridiculous but yeah garbage is a bit much imho.  I think Kyndall is super pretty and I hope she finds a home / team that jives with her.  Same as how I felt when Kathryn landed on Mavs... I was glad that she seemed to fit in so well and seemed to be so happy with her new dance family.

Wait ... what happened with Caila and her interview???  What Donald?

1 minute ago, Middle.of.Nowhere said:

Even lower than my count.  Where are the 300-500 numbers coming from?  The board clearly shows numbers in that range 

My guess is they get assigned a number when they fill out their application online, but that is a lot of application $$ coming in for the no shows??

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Playing devil's advocate... You do all of those things, so when do you see your kid? Babies need their moms, especially when they're infants. If you are working two jobs and getting a degree, you are never with your kid. And if you're breastfeeding, good luck with all of that. And where is the baby? Probably in a germ infested daycare. There are moms who  have to do all of that in order to make a life for themselves and their kids. But if Tasha's parents were willing to support her so she could be home with her baby, then that's great. I realize at some point she danced in the nba, but that's not exactly 12-16 hour days. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 10

If you look at the board they will skip from number 150 to 207 (hypothetical). They obviously had to have liked a handful of girls in that 50-60 number skip. That's why the number go up to  the 500's. They just skip around!

I did not attend prelims this year, but I will say in the past 5 or so season there has been 200-300 girls who show up. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

If you look at the board they will skip from number 150 to 207 (hypothetical). They obviously had to have liked a handful of girls in that 50-60 number skip. That's why the number go up to  the 500's. They just skip around!

I did not attend prelims this year, but I will say in the past 5 or so season there has been 200-300 girls who show up. 

@dalgal214 Who doesn't make it to semis besides the obvious... Overweight, terrible dancers. Is it mainly just poor dancers who don't make it? 

Do you know anything about Katie from Flower Mound who was cut after semis?

Which vets helped at semis? I spotted Holly Arielle and Jacie.

I thought it was a fun, if standard, first episode. Will of course have to rewatch, as I learn more of who's who. Definitely some standouts in the episode, but that's out of the little dancing we actually saw. Hope that's not a predictor of the season to come! Can't wait for finals episode! 

• Love 1

You can call someone shallow without calling them a "piece of garbage." She may be shallow for all we know, but she doesn't deserve to be called a piece of garbage due to how she is portrayed on a show. 

4 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

You can call someone shallow without calling them a "piece of garbage." She may be shallow for all we know, but she doesn't deserve to be called a piece of garbage due to how she is portrayed on a show. 

Yes, I am aware.  She is a piece of garbage.  Trust me.

• Love 1

Ugh....discovered last night that Comcast apparently moved CMT in July from whatever cable package we have to something that we'd have to pay extra for.  (Kind of surprised because we get 100s of channels -- I believe we've got "Digital Premier" + HBO on Comcast, so I can't imagine what package it is that CMT is now a part of that we don't already have -- maybe some specific sports package?)  In any event, since I only noticed now, it's clear that we're not watching CMT enough to warrant paying for a whole new bundle of channels just to watch DCC: MTT.  

I think that CMT makes full episodes available on their website anyway.  (Hopefully!)  I seem to recall viewing some episodes from past seasons on their website.  If not, I guess I'll just have to come here each week and live vicariously through all of you.

1 minute ago, MMLEsq said:

Ugh....discovered last night that Comcast apparently moved CMT in July from whatever cable package we have to something that we'd have to pay extra for.  (Kind of surprised because we get 100s of channels -- I believe we've got "Digital Premier" + HBO on Comcast, so I can't imagine what package it is that CMT is now a part of that we don't already have -- maybe some specific sports package?)  In any event, since I only noticed now, it's clear that we're not watching CMT enough to warrant paying for a whole new bundle of channels just to watch DCC: MTT.  

I think that CMT makes full episodes available on their website anyway.  (Hopefully!)  I seem to recall viewing some episodes from past seasons on their website.  If not, I guess I'll just have to come here each week and live vicariously through all of you.

The EXACT same thing happened to me!  So mad!  But I watched it this morning on CMT.com.

I watched the new episode online without inputting my tv provider but I do have it on my comcast package still so I was all set luckily. The old episodes I have to input my tv provider and Comcast isn't an option.

I thought Kylee did very well. Did not understand Charlotte's criticism. Every time I've seen Kylee dance she has that "effortless" look. Sometimes people look like they're counting or have to concentrate really hard and she moves like she's born to dance! Kylee has power, projection, technique, and she's a bright young lady. Although I hope she has a good time on stars, I hope she can come back next year.

• Love 7

Ignore Feature Instructions Update:

1.Go to the top of your screen and click on the little head icon.
2.Click on "Ignored Users".
3.Type in the annoying person's name.
4.Click the little boxes underneath that give you options on what to ignore.
5.Click "Add User"

Note: You may have some issues if you try to use the ignore feature on your mobile devices.

Please use the Ignore Feature when someone upsets you instead of calling him or her out in the thread. All of you have been warn about this more than once. And here is a little piece of advice: Choose your battles! Calling out the other poster only makes the situation worse, and you only become more upset. Think before posting and hitting the submit reply button.

3 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

My 13 year old was asking the TV "so who is watching the baby and financing your life while you do all these dance teams w/ a newborn?" when Tasha's segment ran.   Funny how even a young teenager can tell from the quick photos and description of her life as a 19/20 year old mother that she certainly wasn't struggling at all and was having a life way more comfortable than most new moms of any age (not just 19 year olds).

Maybe her family has a lot of money and it was like a Morgan situation?  Or maybe the biological father of her baby had a lot of money and basically paid for her to be at home and just dance for the NBA teams at night while someone watched the baby?  (cause you know, daycares usually aren't open while NBA games are played).   Either way, she certianly wasn't experiencing the usual struggles of a 19/20 year old single mom.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 5

Yes, Tasha clearly has a wealthy family who took care of her when she got knocked up as a teenager.  How classy, right? Yeah, just the kind of woman we should have little girls looking up to.  Ugh.  What was Kelli thinking?

Btw, I hope she sued whoever did her nose job.  Terrible.

Use spoiler tags if you want to post about what will happen in future episodes. You can discuss what was shown in next week's episode previews. You also can discuss spoilers in three threads: Current DCCs, The Rejected, and DCC Media since spoiler information is allowed. Thank you.

2 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Playing devil's advocate... You do all of those things, so when do you see your kid? Babies need their moms, especially when they're infants. If you are working two jobs and getting a degree, you are never with your kid. And if you're breastfeeding, good luck with all of that. And where is the baby? Probably in a germ infested daycare. There are moms who  have to do all of that in order to make a life for themselves and their kids. But if Tasha's parents were willing to support her so she could be home with her baby, then that's great. I realize at some point she danced in the nba, but that's not exactly 12-16 hour days. 

Exactly!  It seems like that's a constant struggle for parents but especially moms.  They essentially have to do multiple jobs and unfortunately one always gives.  So yes the people who have to work all the time to support themselves and their kids don't have the luxury of being able to see their kids.  Germ infested ... well the world is germ infested especially where I live where you are either sitting on, smelling or touching someone's sht (like literally) at one part of the day or other.  lol. 

I guess to each their own.  I know as soon as I could earn a salary, I stopped leaning on my parents.  They worked their butts off and sacrificed a lot for me to be here and one of my big goals growing up was to not add to their financial responsibility and eventually be able to help them with it.  As far as I'm concerned, they did their job... they certainly don't need to do mine.  But I get what you're saying.  It's a personal decision and I'm not hatin' on Tasha for her choices... I just wouldn't do the same.

She still looks plastic to me though :)

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Exactly!  It seems like that's a constant struggle for parents but especially moms.  They essentially have to do multiple jobs and unfortunately one always gives.  So yes the people who have to work all the time to support themselves and their kids don't have the luxury of being able to see their kids.  Germ infested ... well the world is germ infested especially where I live where you are either sitting on, smelling or touching someone's sht (like literally) at one part of the day or other.  lol. 

I guess to each their own.  I know as soon as I could earn a salary, I stopped leaning on my parents.  They worked their butts off and sacrificed a lot for me to be here and one of my big goals growing up was to not add to their financial responsibility and eventually be able to help them with it.  As far as I'm concerned, they did their job... they certainly don't need to do mine.  But I get what you're saying.  It's a personal decision and I'm not hatin' on Tasha for her choices... I just wouldn't do the same.

Whelp...found Tasha's mom and sisters on social media and I think Tasha's 'look' is a matter of the environment she grew up in lol  It certainly explains the always done-up look!!  Not going to post link to her mom's stuff here because I don't believe in dragging parents, family, S/Os into these boards for extensive discussion when they don't ask for it. But it's not hard to find if you do some research lol  Just noting it as reference for how she probably doesn't find all the makeup, etc. out of place in everyday life (or giving birth). 

But they do seem VERY supportive of her and very loving with Ivy so that is wonderful.  Very close family. 

And I do agree with you, @tobeyoungagain! I am that way too (though I am SO thankful for how my parents continue to help me out even now because they enjoy doing so). 

1 hour ago, dalgal214 said:

I thought Kylee did very well. Did not understand Charlotte's criticism. Every time I've seen Kylee dance she has that "effortless" look. Sometimes people look like they're counting or have to concentrate really hard and she moves like she's born to dance! Kylee has power, projection, technique, and she's a bright young lady. Although I hope she has a good time on stars, I hope she can come back next year.

Kylee is SO cute!! And the brief clips we saw of Whitney I also thought she looked wonderful.

• Love 2

FYI:  Around page 24,25,26, on the previous thread 2016 Spoilers & Speculations, is where all of the pictures can be found of the girls pointing out their numbers on the board, and a pic of the vets with Judy teaching the vets for dance moves.  It helps me put names to faces.  I think Emily is definitely more beautiful than Tasha, eyes & all.  

I wanted to see more of Madeline's audition last night.  Hopefully we will get more dancing shown with the solos next week!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Oh, she definitely has the plastic look!! Whereas Kyndall has more understated natural beauty. I don't mind the plastic look on Tasha though. It fits her. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Oh and the girl from North Carolina whose college dance team won the DCC contest is freaking adorable too. Charlotte's snide comment about "there's something for everyone, i guess"made me throw my shoe at the tv. She is such a bitch.

I thought Charlotte got a lot more screen time in the first episode than in the past. Seems like she is "imposing her will" more in making the team what she wants with the girls she wants. Her comments were definitely more pointed than we've previously heard this early in the process.

I thought Yuko danced very well and she seemed to impress the judges. 

I did not think the pee on the floor segment was necessary and somehow seems very CMT. Just my opinion.  (Added to explain - it seems like something that'd be included on a "guy channel". It goes with jokes about bodily functions and crude laughter. Again - JMO)

Edited by Originalroux
  • Love 1

After watching the first episode... TEAM TASHA. 

I can't help but laugh at people who look down on her for wearing makeup.... It's not that big of a deal.

I have eyelash extensions and it's so annoying when people think I'm wearing false lashes to the gym. And even if I was, why would it matter to you? 

I follow Tasha on snapchat and every single snap is of her daughter. She had a kid when she was 19, so what? You can tell she's a good mom. 

I'm also loving Yuko. Not sure why people are giving her a hard time about not being able to speak English. She literally just moved to the US lol. She'll catch on quickly. 

Also... Candace > Rycroft

• Love 10