Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E31: Mr. Walsh Goes To Washington Part 1 / S04.E32: Mr. Walsh Goes To Washington Part 2

• Start Topic

And God only knows how season 5 would have progressed without Val but with Brenda.

I'm guessing the major arcs would have stayed the same, with the main tweaks involving Val's interactions with Steve and Dylan. 

Sad goodbye to last time I liked Kelly's hair- agree Donna will look much much worse as the seasons progress, but I did not care for JG's short cuts the next 2 seasons.

I do have to say I am looking forward to not hating David again- I thought he and Claire were kind of a good fit and at least had a few laughs.  As others have noted he had fabulous chem with Val- and I thought he did a decent job with his depression storyline two seasons from now.

Edited by penguinnj
because I can't spell
  • Love 1

I'm guessing the major arcs would have stayed the same, with the main tweaks involving Val's interactions with Steve and Dylan. 

Hmmm. Thinking about it, I'm not so sure. I have a feeling had SD/Brenda stayed, they might have continued the Brenda/Dylan/Kelly triangle. I don't think they would have had Dylan get scammed and be broke and go on a bender. Kelly and Brandon might have gotten together? Andrea's story definitely wouldn't have changed (I guess it would have sucked not matter what), and Donna & David would probably have the same story.

Side note, what the heck am I going to listen to when Tara and Sarah finish all 10 seasons? Maybe they could do "The O.C. " ? Another great teenage drama show

I'm with RunningRose - PLEASE PLEASE Tara and Sarah do "The O.C." next!!!! Sethummer and Taylor Townsend forever! Added bonus - it's only 4 (short, relative to 90210) seasons so it would be a nice palate cleanser after this hard long slog...

I actually liked Kelly's pixie cut - I guess Season 6? When she came back from being a big New Yawk, Barry White listening model? I hated the Florence Henderson cut though, WTF was that? - that was horrendous but nothing can compare to the travesties that were Donna and Emily Valentine's hair during this season...I always thought Donna was on trend with her hair, but she always missed the mark - it was ... too too much. Like the platinum blonde helmut hair, just no... no... but I see where she was going with it. Those short 'dos with the little barrettes and clips were the Shizz in the 90s... I rocked a few myself.

• Love 1

I never watched the OC, so I'd be up for listening to it.  I rarely watched Dawson's Creek, but wasn't that the main recap on TWoP?

If Brenda never left, I'm not sure what would have happened.  Switching partners and not having someone left out is no fun.  Triangles are only fun when someone is left out in the cold. 

As for hair... there has been some bad styles for the ladies.  I never was a fan of Clare's multi-colored stripes.  Val has a version of The Rachel later on that isn't flattering on her heart shaped face. But the loser has to be Donna... ugh, the super dyed platinum is so awful.

As for Donna's outfits and virginity, I think there is a line where both Felice and Ray comment on it.  Actually, given how possessive Ray was, I'm surprised he didn't make her change her outfits so she wasn't getting lots of attention from guys.

16 hours ago, Tara Ariano said:

I would consider Dawson's Creek whenever we wrap 90210 (sometime in 2020), but I FUCKING HATED The O.C. so someone else would have to do it.

I would LOVE for you to do Dawson's Creek! That would be amazing! 

My vote is for Dawson's Creek also. Maybe I would finally have to break down and watch season 6. It's the only thing on Jensen Ackles's filmography that I haven't seen yet, because I hated the show so much after season 5 that I only watched the series finale. It's on Hulu now, right?

• Love 1
On August 29, 2016 at 7:18 PM, Tara Ariano said:

I would consider Dawson's Creek whenever we wrap 90210 (sometime in 2020), but I FUCKING HATED The O.C. so someone else would have to do it.

I feel like I've just been stabbed. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:
On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 7:18 PM, Tara Ariano said:

I feel like I've just been stabbed. 

Me too!  I loved the OC much more than DC. 

• Love 3

I would consider Dawson's Creek whenever we wrap 90210 (sometime in 2020), but I FUCKING HATED The O.C. so someone else would have to do it.

Damn, then the Cheese stands (almost) alone. I could never get into Dawson's creek - I tried - Katie Holmes always bugged the crap out of me.

Edited by Klaw
because others feel the same as me
  • Love 4

Michelle Williams is amazingly beautiful and such a talented actress and all the other actors went on to do good things. But the show didn't do as much in the field of entertainment and society the way the OC did. I mean Ryan's journey itself was life affirming. There was so many relevant lessons in that show, which each lead portrayed well. The OC story was in a way a story of us all. And it was stylish. 

• Love 2

I consider myself lucky Again With This for 90210, you guys are the like Dorothy Parkers of this era. It's generous you do it. 

Random fact about Paul Johannson/John Sears when he was on OTH he dated the actress who played Erica Marsh (the cute blond virgin Clean Teen who went out with Mouth briefly). It was weird to learn cuz he was a dad on the show and obviously older in RL  and way bigger than her size wise. 

I know this won't happen, but I'd love for them to cover Melrose Place. 

I am here for this. As a GenXer who was in my 20s in the 90s and religiously watched Melrose Place (even more so than 90210), I would listen to the shit out of an AWT podcast... i remember wanting to get a corporate exec job just so I could wear too short skirt suits and bitch out subordinates like Amanda did. ... sigh, good times.

• Love 1

I'd love to hear Tara and Sarah snark about something that is trying very hard to be good, but actually can be so bad at times. Something that needs to be taken down a notch. For me, it would be Game of Thrones, but maybe that show is still to popular to recap. Something like West Wing or Parenthood?

Melrose Place!  I didn't watch it much in the original run, but oddly enough watched it when I lived in Japan.  Something about having an American show was so refreshing-- all of us native English speakers watched it.  And it played every day, so you'd see Amanda hop from one guy to the next in just a few days... naturally we loved this portrayal of us.  :)

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 2:20 PM, Klaw said:

i remember wanting to get a corporate exec job just so I could wear too short skirt suits and bitch out subordinates like Amanda did. ... sigh, good times.

Funny enough, my senior year in college I was debating between working in a corporate job or getting my graduate degree.  One thing that seemed so appealing was being able to shop at Ann Taylor.  I SHUDDER at the short slit skirts I wore (Ally McBeal).   How did anyone hire me?

12 minutes ago, CurlyATX said:

I SHUDDER at the short slit skirts I wore (Ally McBeal).  

Now there is a show I'd love to hear them recap!  The ridiculous lawyer fashion, the music, the fantasy sequences, the incessant whining and pining Ally does over Billy, only to have him (spoiler alert!) drop dead in season 3.  Although I have to admit that it was during Ally McBeal that I developed a huge crush on RDJ - he really brought it in season 4 and it was a shame his drug problem got in the way of him staying on longer.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Earmuffs Mom said:

Now there is a show I'd love to hear them recap!  The ridiculous lawyer fashion, the music, the fantasy sequences, the incessant whining and pining Ally does over Billy, only to have him (spoiler alert!) drop dead in season 3.  Although I have to admit that it was during Ally McBeal that I developed a huge crush on RDJ - he really brought it in season 4 and it was a shame his drug problem got in the way of him staying on longer.

I attempted to rewatch Ally McBeal a few months ago, because I remembered liking it the first time around and WOW, that show does not hold up.  I would love to hear Tara and Sarah rip on it, but I don't know that they've ever done anything so bad to deserve the punishment of watching it...

• Love 1

After listening to Extra Hot Great this week, The Real World could also be a good one for Again With This. Tons of snark opportunities with the fashion and the early 90s earnestness, but also we all have so much affection for it.

• Love 2

OMG THANK YOU ANDYSMITH!!! How did you know that happened to be my all-time favourite Amanda on-the-loose clip. Another one "I'd rather sleep on a grate" after the complex got blown up by Kimberly. Amanda was at her best when she was ripping someone (usually Alison) a new one.

ITA Princess Sparkle/Fozzybear - I enjoyed the MP reboot as well. And I loved Katie Cassidy on Gossip Girl too!