Type keyword(s) to search

Britney Ever After (Lifetime) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I  just think this is waaaaay too soon.  Unless there is a family member or other insider contributing info to this, there won't be many reveals that we don't already know.  I, personally, have been biding my time for Britney's tell all, which I hope will come a year or 2 after the end of her Vegas residency, just around the time she'll need to make more money, as well as Justin's book (the one he'll release in 15-20 years, lol!) detailing the end of their relationship - cause you know he has a ton to say, but is just too damn polite!

• Love 1

I'm getting secondhand embarrassment watching this. I know Britney has been a hot mess in the past, but this movie is portraying her as this desperate, needy airhead.

And like we are really supposed to believe that she and Justin had a dance-off in a nightclub after they broke up?! WTF.

• Love 5

Is it weird that I didn't mind it all that much, once it got past the beginning? Granted, I've never watched one of these Lifetime movies before now, so maybe I'm not the right person to judge. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

And like we are really supposed to believe that she and Justin had a dance-off in a nightclub after they broke up?! WTF.

I remember reading the crazy stories when that supposedly happened. It cracked me up beyond measure because I kept imagining the "wild and crazy guys" from SNL. Wasn't it around the matching cornrows days?

Is this in the movie?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

That is supposedly a real thing.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

I'm not sure but I think Britney was shown using an iPhone in what was supposed to have been 2000 or 2001. 

I noticed that too. Then later she had the old Nokia phone that everyone had, which I guess was period appropriate.

The Lynne actress should have been cast as Fe, the Jamie character looked like Billy Bob Thornton's less talented brother. The K-Fed actor was much better looking than the real thing, and the Justin actor should have been cast as K-Fed. No one could act. I started getting really bummed out towards the end, as she really started to unravel. It wasn't funny when that happened.

This movie sucked ass.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I'm getting secondhand embarrassment watching this. I know Britney has been a hot mess in the past, but this movie is portraying her as this desperate, needy airhead.

I think this is pretty much true also. She doesn't have much education. She maybe has a GED or a high school diploma. She needs to be with a man constantly. She's barely seen daylight between them. The one thing that confirms to me that she has a serious mental illness is that Sam Lutfi was involved with Amanda Bynes and Courtney Love and tried "manage" Lindsay Lohan. Manipulators and predators can sense people with vulnerabilities. It's no coincidence that Lutfi has been involved with women with a history of drug and mental issues. Additionally, she's been a ward of that guardianship for a decade, which includes both person and estate and has not been scaled back.

I don't know if you ever watched Britney and Kevin: Chaotic, but the sense I got from that show was Britney was a sweet, but intellectually and emotionally stunted (by fame) young woman who was only validated by others.

I was shocked to find that the dance-off might have been real.

The one thing that I felt overall with the movie is that it looked so cheap. So so cheap. I could barely get a sense of which performances that they were trying to depict. It's also ridiculous that they had to use the handful of covers that Britney has recorded because they couldn't get rights to her original songs. They also barely tried to cast the rest of N'Sync. Barely. I saw them and actually asked out loud "Who TF are they supposed to be?"

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

The one thing that I felt overall with the movie is that it looked so cheap. So so cheap. I could barely get a sense of which performances that they were trying to depict. It's also ridiculous that they had to use the handful over covers that Britney has recorded because they couldn't get rights to her original songs. They also barely tried to cast the rest of N'Sync. Barely. I saw them and actually asked out loud "Who TF are they supposed to be?"

Is that why they didn't have any of her songs in it? I thought that was weird.

The movie seemed disjointed to me. Like they just showed random snippets of things that happened to her, without a real storyline. If I didn't know the whole story, I would have had trouble filling in the gaps. 

• Love 1

This was so cheesy and bad, it was funny. That's how bad it was. I did think the actor playing Justin had the voice of that time period down well. They should have just made it a Britney and Justin special since they spent an hour on that alone then they went speed on all the remaining years. Has Justin/NSYNC gotten the LT movie yet? May be they're next.

That dance off tabloid story making it even made it more hilarious. No way that happened. 

Lance Bass basically said to ET the whole movie was made up. The closest true thing was they did do her birthday on tour, but sang onstage not in dressing room.  Do the LT movies usually  have that disclaimer when it ends? That alone showed how much they made up.

Is that why they didn't have any of her songs in it? I thought that was weird.

Yes, they had no approval or rights to use any of her real songs, so they had to use the 2 covers that weren't hers. In fact when they announced the LT movie she released a statement saying she wouldn't be contributing to it in any way and  it does not have her blessing.

• Love 4

That kind of reminds me of another terrible unauthorized biopic called Wired. It was about John Belushi, and like this movie, it was cheap and insulting and used a lot of stuff that wasn't true. NBC/Lorne Michaels refused to let the filmmakers recreate the SNL skits, so they basically made up their own. Ditto with the Blues Brothers songs. Additionally, some of Belushi's friends and associates flat-out threatened to sue if they were even mentioned by name, so again, lots of characters were made up.

At least Belushi wasn't alive to witness that piece of shit. I can't imagine how humiliating this is for Britney.

• Love 1

This is the worst lifetime bio pic ever and they have had some many clunkers over the last couple of years. Lately they seem to have a fascination with real life tv made movies and none of them are good.

I also love that they aired a Britney Spears special that they tried to say was new but had aired on E! about two years ago. 

• Love 3

Good Lord, what a hot mess.  I do think the main actress was channeling Brittany from the Chaotic special she did with Federline (it was as awful as it sounds, on the twop boards we used to call Brittany and Kevin, Cletus and Brandeen, after the Hillbilly characters in the Simpsons), soon after they got married.

Federline wishes he was as good looking at the actor they got to play him.

I know Brittany was considered one of the hottest women in the world, but I always hated her big donkey laugh.  I think the actress was really doing it in an annoying way.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

That kind of reminds me of another terrible unauthorized biopic called Wired. It was about John Belushi, and like this movie, it was cheap and insulting and used a lot of stuff that wasn't true. NBC/Lorne Michaels refused to let the filmmakers recreate the SNL skits, so they basically made up their own. Ditto with the Blues Brothers songs. Additionally, some of Belushi's friends and associates flat-out threatened to sue if they were even mentioned by name, so again, lots of characters were made up.

At least Belushi wasn't alive to witness that piece of shit. I can't imagine how humiliating this is for Britney.

I've never seen Wired, but I've seen a review of it, and honestly that looked a lot worse, because didn't it have the ghost of John Belushi being taunted by a Christmas Carol type spirit about his life or something? THAT honestly strikes me as being a lot worse.

I don't know how much of this biopic is true, but at the very least, Lifetime seemed to be sympathetic towards Britney, and recognized her for who a lot of people seem to see her as: a troubled person, but, at her core, a good and kind hearted one, too. 

• Love 1

Oh my word, I remember that hilarious "Chaotic" thread from TWoP!!! It was fairly easy material to mock; I think I watched that awkwardly cringe-worthy show footage just to read all the comments posted right afterwards. K-Fed/Cletus was also referred to as "Popo Zao"((from that shiteous single he released as a wannabe rapper)), which still sends me into fits of giggles. I'm actually very disappointed that we didn't get to see K-Fed's rap career pursuits as depicted in "Britney Ever After". I feel so cheated, y'all. That's the best part of the whole story!

Wow, this campy bile was every bit as uncomfortable to watch as I expected. It surpassed all my hopes!!

So that actress that played Britney was an Aussie, I hear? That explains so much. She must come from the same school of acting as that other annoying Aussie actress who plays Scarlet on "Nashville": overly innocent, overexaggerated Southern twang, overwrought acting skills, bad extensions....and way too skinny. This gal could've at least beefed up a little to play Britney---Britney was always known for her curves and strong, muscular body; this chick just looked like a mop with a set of balloons strapped on her chest.

And yes, WTF with the constant donkey laugh? Beyond annoying; that actress took it to an almost maniacal level. And yes, we know Britney has a nail biting habit but this chick looked like she had a full on finger-eating oral fixation. Restraint was obviously not part of her contract.

The dudes were all extra creepy, as expected. Sam Lufti was on there being extra gross too, but where was her other skeevy paparazzo buddy from that era, Adnon or whatever??

I liked how the various "live" scenes were all obviously filmed on the exact same stage as the Britney actress lip-synced and limped her way through laughably choreographed scenes. Who even choreographed that mess? I've seen edgier performances on a cruise ship! 

• Love 2

August 2002 account of the dance-off:

Britney walked into the club only to see her ex *NSYNC boyfriend dancing with girlfriend Jenna Dewan. Britney “watched them like crazy,” says a spy. Britney confronted Timberlake when he got up to get drinks. When Spears asked him if the two could talk, Justin said, “‘If it’s about us getting back together, forget it.” Britney then started complaining about how Timberlake has been “using different women for media attention.” Justin fired back about “‘her cheating, and they got into a huge argument.” When the dust settled, the two went to the dance floor “and started a dance-off.” The drama lasted about 90 minutes until Justin left at 2 a.m… without Britney.

The dance off definitely got a lot of play as a celeb story back then and when SNL came back that year, there was a sketch goofing on the whole thing with Matt Damon as Justin. 

OTOH, the stolen "boudoir video", as Papa Spears referred to it, seems to have been Lifetime creative license— at least, I don't remember that being a thing at the time, like the dance-off or Pinky and Stinky.

I guess Jamie Lynn's pregnancy got cut, with the same kid actor being used to cover nearly a decade...

• Love 2

I'm only about 15 minutes and I just can't.  It's just so awful...even more so than the usual Lifetime move biopic crap.

Who in the hell hired this chic? She can't act and nothing about her evokes Britney.  Not the look, body, or voice.  And did they really get someone who couldn't dance?  I mean c'mon!

At least the dude playing Justin kinda sounds like Justin. 

• Love 4

That was bad. The timeline bouncing back and forth didn't help either as well as not being able to use her music which made them skip out on her big moments. She got married and had kids in two scenes. I thought they might spend a little time on that but that was wrong. Also Jamie Lynn never aging through the whole movie was weird. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Who in the hell hired this chic? She can't act and nothing about her evokes Britney.  Not the look, body, or voice.  And did they really get someone who couldn't dance?  I mean c'mon!

So I didn't see the biopic yet but the Britney actress was the bartender on WWHL about a week ago and I remember thinking she looked NOTHING like Britney.  I just assumed she was probably a great dancer who they'd ply with tons of makeup to make her presentable.  Sounds like I was wrong on both counts.

I think I'll give this a look if for no other reason than to see this epically bad dance off.  I keep thinking about how Will Ferrell explains to Mark Wahlberg (Daddy's Home) that conflict doesn't have to end in violence---it can be resolved in a dance off.  Who knew that this applies in real life?!

• Love 2