Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Week 5, Night 1

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

It was actually interesting that she didn't seem to tell him she was going to go sleep in her own bed. It seems like they had been using the couples room for a while now so if she planed on taking a night off, it seems odd she wouldn't have said good night to him. Of course, when someone told him she went to bed that should have been the end of it. He should have been "okay, guess I don't need the room tonight".

Maybe she knew that he would put up a fight and try to guilt her into changing her mind, and (mistakenly) thought that if he just saw that she was asleep, he wouldn't be so rude as to wake her up.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 6
Just now, chocolatine said:

Maybe she knew that he would put up a fight and try to guilt her into changing her mind, and (mistakenly) thought that if he just sees that she's asleep, he wouldn't be so rude as to wake her up.

He sure proved her wrong. lol

• Love 5

I realllly hate when you've just woken up and someone who was still up (or up longer before you) tries to have a convo with you. You're brain isn't working yet and here you're trying to be coherent while figuring wtf is going on. The worst thing here was he woke her up just to ask her if she was going to sleep and why she wasn't tending to his sweaty desires in the boom boom room. Then he gives her the "Okay, good talk!" comeback while she's still just trying to regain her wits about her (as they are that is). It was so wholly self-centered. I would have had quite the word with him when I did wake up about that being the last time this kind of thing will be happening.

• Love 9

Did it seem odd how Josh was with Amanda from the beginning?  Had they met earlier? Was it just because he'd heard Nick had gone out with her already and liked her?  Did he feel he was proving to everyone (inc Andi?) that he could always get a gf if he wanted?

His "courtship" seemed so aggressive from the beginning almost like he didn't need to get to know her to decide that he wanted a big, exclusive relationship.  And it seems more about him showing off that they're a couple (and selfishly monopolizing the sex room--what's up with that?) than that he really got to know and like Amanda. More like, "Look everyone! I'm such a stud!" 

Also, I hate to say it, but the people on BiP are nicer than I am. If there was one room with the right kind of privacy and "ambience", I would think people should take turns with it. The idea of one couple monopolizing it every night (if that's what's happening--maybe I missed something), would be irritating to me, even if I didn't have anyone to use it with.  Just in principle, I'd be irritated with them for being so selfish. (And Josh's explanation to Nick, "I put a FAN in there for us, so... mine now!" was pretty annoying. I was impressed how easy-going Nick was. He's right that Josh amps up the aggression and confrontation extremely quickly over nothing.

Spoiler

Since supposedly they're living together now

, I hope he's not really as bossy and aggressive as he seems to be here, especially since she has the two little children.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

It was actually interesting that she didn't seem to tell him she was going to go sleep in her own bed. It seems like they had been using the couples room for a while now so if she planed on taking a night off, it seems odd she wouldn't have said good night to him. Of course, when someone told him she went to bed that should have been the end of it. He should have been "okay, guess I don't need the room tonight".

Exactly.  And if it really bothered him, he could have asked her the next morning if something happened that made her want to sleep by herself, it didn't need to be a confrontation.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, backformore said:

SO - what were all those pictures of a clay figure of Yoda, that were "clues"  as to the next bachelor?  Yoda = Nick?  I don't get it.

He gave sage advice to all of the other contestants as their elder.

• Love 1

I suspect Amanda told Nick and Jen they could use the "special" bedroom not out of benevolence, but to avoid telling Josh she wanted to sleep in her own bed and would have the "well, someone else was using it" excuse to fall back on.  I think they were both wrong - Amanda should have been direct, and Josh should have let it go and let her sleep.  

When she was upset over what the twins said, and Josh wanted to talk about it right then - prime opportunity for her to stand her ground and she didn't. I haven't read Andi's book, so I don't think Josh is abusive based on what I've seen on the show.  Domineering and controlling, yes.  But I don't think the latter automatically makes someone abusive. It will be interesting to see their present dynamic if they show up on After Paradise.        

Edited by ribboninthesky1

Controlling another person is a form of emotional abuse. And when you're in a relationship with somebody who is moody and domineering, it can be very hard to be direct because you have to tip toe around so you don't upset the person. He went into her bedroom, woke her up, said that everyone is talking about them (which wasn't true), slapped her on the ass and said, "nice talk." That's guilt tripping. Another form of emotional abuse. Maybe she wasn't direct about being tired but if she wasn't with a controlling person she wouldn't have to be. Amanda is an adult who is allowed to be tired and go to bed wherever she wants whenever she wants without asking daddy first.

• Love 9

If I recall correctly, Josh insisted she tell him what the twins said after she said no no no,I don't want to, but told him anyway. She got about 2 sentences out and he went ballistic and stormed off to line up and confront the troops.

Again she said no no no, don't do that. He totally disregarded her words (again), and she turned her back and walked off in the opposite direction, by herself. She seemed pissed.

Is that the same night she went to bed by herself without Josh's permission to do so ? She had the opportunity to tell him she was not pleased with his behaviour when he so rudely woke her up and wanted to be by herself, but she wimped out. 

She wimped out again big time the next day when she promised to never question him and just be his loyal zip-lipped doormat. She had things she needed and wanted to say to him, but we never saw that happen and it doesn't look like it ever did.

I hope she's happy with her choice. Personally, I am kinda terrified for her and her kids emotional future.

Edited by SassyCat
  • Love 8

What really grosses me out is there is apparently one sex bed for everyone to use, and that Josh's funky sweat and grease is inured right through the mattress.    Good god, imagine his normally bulging eyes in his orgasm face.   How awful.  

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

What really grosses me out is there is apparently one sex bed for everyone to use, and that Josh's funky sweat and grease is inured right through the mattress.   Good god, imagine his normally bulging eyes in his orgasm face.   How awful.  

You are paying for the therapy I need after imagining that. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Jarod really has to buy some balls-my Dog (who is neutered) Has more than he does!

I know a man who tried to dump a girl who he just thought of as a friend.They had sex once. She kept saying she was going to kill herself if he left her.

After 10 years of destroying any relationship he tried to have he gave up and married her.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

Jarod really has to buy some balls-my Dog (who is neutered) Has more than he does!

I know a man who tried to dump a girl who he just thought of as a friend.They had sex once. She kept saying she was going to kill herself if he left her.

After 10 years of destroying any relationship he tried to have he gave up and married her.

That's horrible.  Hopefully they didn't have kids she can now use as emotional hostages. 

On 9/4/2016 at 2:17 PM, booboopbedoo said:

Please don't let Ashley find out about that! ;-)

• Love 1

I think Amanda looks like Tamra from the OC to me but the doormat version. 
I have no idea what happened post-show but I fear her life choices are not only going to bring her harm but her daughters as well and I just can’t with a mom who who puts her children in harm’s way in order not to be alone. 
And speaking of Jared and Ashley, I could not believe he ended up marrying her recently and Carly talked herself into falling for Evan. It’s like, what am I missing here? 

• Love 2