Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: The DArkest Knight

I admit that I've had my Hamilton CD on loop since last November, but was anyone else disappointed that Caleb didn't start rapping during his little speech to Hanna? 

You don't do dishes until they mold,

You eat French fries in bed, cold.

You don't gas up the car until it starts beeping,

(You wear high heels when you go out a-creeping?)

• Love 10

Not sure if this was addressed or not, but what did Hanna run Noel’s blood against that wasn’t a match? The doctor says he tested the sample Hanna gave against the DNA she provided and that those two people are not related. We only see her hand the doctor a vile of blood, presumably Noel’s, and an envelope of cash. So who’s DNA did she provide? Charlotte’s? Mary’s? Alison’s? And how did Hanna get a hold of it?

• Love 2

I hope the writers are trolling with campy nonsense because the idea that professionals can write something so incredibly dumb on so many levels and think that it's awesome is a little scary.

If heads didn't roll last year with that Charles reveal, then they're never gonna.

Caleb and Mona tailing "Jenna" continue to look way too comfortable together. Maybe a little something with her between Hanna and Spencer? It would not surprise me considering how quickly he bounces from one woman to another. 

They can just add a flashback of their special week in Prague (where the sugar cube was actually invented). It is intriguing to speculate that Mona and Caleb could be team AD. Mona told Hanna to go, and Noel escaped. Caleb got annoyed that they buried Archer 'like a dog'.

This episode was so outrageous towards the end, that I was grinning at how bad/good it was.  Every mistake they always make was made again. Won't even try to make sense of motivations and stuff 'cos it's all bullshit. I just decided to be entertained at its 'nonsensicality'.

Highlights:

Bowling Ball

Shay's delivery of the line that she left her phone upstairs and everyone's reaction.

Aria in that cute cocktail dress making preparations for her man and then the close-up of Nicole's happy face - all caught on film. Aria was so disappointed that Nicole hadn't been brutally murdered or missing forever.

The aforementioned Jenna stepping & scraping her foot past the head without reaction.

Lowlights this season:

Sasha's make-up.

Spencer's bangs.

Love triangle.

Not enough Ashley.

Masks.

Hanna - she's just so humorless now and her character has suffered the most post-time jump.  I should hate Spencer too, but the actress pulls off the BS much better.

Edited by insubordination
  • Love 6

How was Jenna able to know her way around that house so well, negotiating every doorway, wall and staircase (and decapitated head) without even the use of a cane -- yet couldn't hear PLLs mere feet away.  The PLLs with newly discovered stealth powers.

That bit with Emily's "whoops, I forgot my phone" moment was just so badly acted and all the other PLLs never even flinched about how stupid Emily was by doing that.  Forgotten phone in a haunted house -- pretty much standard operating procedure.

I thought the funniest line was when Alison told Emily she was pregnant -- and Alison got all snippy when Emily asked if it belonged to Rollins.  The funnier line would have been to have Emily ask Alison "Is it yours ?", which will likely turn out to be the bigger question.  I suspect the sperm donor for Emily's eggs is probably Noel Khan.  Then again it might be Jenna -- she has bigger balls than pretty much everyone else on this show.  :)

Here's the better question -- when did Jenna learn to fire a gun ?  During that brief time when she got her sight back ?

The return of Sydney (and her lips) was just so random.  It means that Jenna knew that Caleb/Mona were staking out the lobby of the hotel (how exactly ?), called Sydney (wherever the hell she has been hiding for the past 5+ years in showtime), Sydney rushes right over to the hotel, sneaks in the back door of the hotel, put's on Jenna style of clothing and then goes out of her way to pretend to be Jenna for Mona/Caleb's entertainment.  Before confronting them with a pair of free drinks.  So why didn't Mona/Caleb tail Sydney ?  Hell, it was probably Sydney driving Jenna away in the van.

If it turns out that Sydney is Uber A/A.D./EmojiA/whatever, it's just going to be complete and utter bullshit --  and almost as completely random as Charlotte's unveiling at the end of 6B.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Snappy said:

Also, I love how Paige reverted back to a high schooler after confronting Emily. She has lived in Cali for years, her family no longer lives in Rosewood, yet she rides a bike over instead of driving a rental like a normal adult.

This made me laugh out loud, partly because it's SO TRUE and partly because when I was about 25 or 26, I was at my parents' for Christmas, had not rented a car because I could always borrow one of theirs... and ended up having to ride my younger sister's completely un-maintained bike with two near flat tires to the drug store in the middle of the day when everyone was out. 

So in my mind, Paige is just lucky her parents are keeping her bike's tires full. 

• Love 5

What is amazing is that no one even stops to process the WTF-ness of the fact that Jenna and Noel are suddenly in on this micro-illuminati conspiracy they are all victims of. Instead, they treat it as self-evident. Of course, Jenna and Noel are plotting evil deeds because someone is always plotting evil deeds in Rosewood, and Jenna and Noel are there. Someone must always be plotting evil deeds. It's necessary to maintain the balance of Rosewood's moral ecosystem. Now that Noel is dead, someone else will rise to plot in his place.

So Hanna goes missing again and, right on cue, Caleb starts being a dick to everyone again. Maybe he's A-Team. A.D. is Pastor Ted. It all goes back to his uncle-father and the church bell........ Ok, Caleb probably isn't A-team (making anyone on the PLL Y-chromosome team complicit with Uber-A would retroactively destroy their respective ship, so that ain't happening). But, he was, um, moving at the end of his sex scene with Hanna. Ew. I don't think Spoby has even had a love scene like that.

I wish I had as much confidence in Caleb's field partner. MonA is looking hella suspect right now. First, why would she even think to look for that thumb drive on Noel-- what reason would she have to think he was carrying it? Then, Noel goes free. But, lastly the image of A.D. discarding the mask and back in the black hoodie.... If they reuse an A, I'd rather it be Charlotte, but it would be better to tie A.D. back into an early season plot (N.A.T.!). However, if it is Mona, they better come up with some awesome Monaesque rationale like, "Bitch stole the game from me. I took it back," not that she's still pissed about high school or Hanna.

Also, Yvonne should NOT die. Not only would it cause unnecessary sociopolitical backlash, but it's lazy storytelling. Ok, she's a designated Spoby obstacle, but that doesn't mean she should become collateral damage just so she can be removed from their path. It also cheapens their inevitable reunion. Toby wants to choose Spencer. He does love Yvonne in the same way Hanna loved Jordan and Aria loved Liam, but he and Spencer are walking away from each other like they're on death marches because they're trying to "do the right thing" (well, Toby more than Spencer )....

Which brings me to the following: I feel like one of the moral lessons we're supposed to take away from this show is that it's not cheating if you're not naked (along with fellas, she's good to go as long as she's not under the age of consent). In the finale, Spencer cheated with Toby instead of on him, so at least that was a twist (but, hey, if we move the faithfulness goalposts then they and their spit-swapping peers are all paragons of fidelity).

Edited by Entropy
  • Love 3

At this point the only way to justify anyone (Uber, Jenna, Noel) doing this to the liars would be if one of them actually DID kill Charlotte, wouldn't it? If it's someone else then isn't this whole thing completely senseless? "Oh, it was that other person who did it? Gee, sorry guys." And I'm not including Mona, because she's barely had a scene all season, so it's gotta be one of the core five. 

This show has become Annoyingly Asinine. The story lines are all Absurd - they're so unrealistic, it's pointless trying to make any sense of it. I have become Apathetic to all the characters as they don't behave like rational thinking adults (which they are supposed to be... they aren't teenagers anymore!) but instead it's as if they're all Addlebrained Assholes! I'm so frustrated! I really used to be interested in this "A" story and I was SO excited about seeing them mature this season but that hasn't happened. I keep trying to hold out until the end of the season because there is a small part of me that still cares to find out who is AD (my money's on Melissa for some reason) but I'm losing the fight with myself. I think I may be done. I'll keep up in this forum just to know what's going on but I don't think I can waste 40 mins of my week anymore on this nonsense.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, timimouse said:

I'll keep up in this forum just to know what's going on but I don't think I can waste 40 mins of my week anymore on this nonsense.

I realized, after reading this thread that I have no interest in watching this episode, or any others for that matter. I am close to the point where I don't even care what the answers are because I lost all faith that they will make any sense. Seriously, I made it this far, you'd think I would see it through to the end, but I just don't want to anymore.

• Love 1

No possible answers at this point could even possibly make sense.  They're just going to keep chucking shit at the wall for the remaining episodes, and then for the finale they'll retcon everything to "make sense" for whatever returning actor wasn't busy that day or whoever is cheapest. Because OF COURSE CeCe Drake is a financial genius and secret DiLaurentis and used to have a penis WHY NOT.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Lii said:

No possible answers at this point could even possibly make sense.  They're just going to keep chucking shit at the wall for the remaining episodes, and then for the finale they'll retcon everything to "make sense" for whatever returning actor wasn't busy that day or whoever is cheapest. Because OF COURSE CeCe Drake is a financial genius and secret DiLaurentis and used to have a penis WHY NOT.

This. It's how I feel about this show now. Nothing really matters. They just need it be so cool and different and shocking. Lets not forget that our uber villain will more than likely have a backstory to try and make us feel for them. Remember we can't even hate Charles/Charlotte, because the backstory!  There is a reason why she did all those bad things to the liars! But is there? I'm still way confused on if she was really evil? Because a couple episodes ago in this season she was plotting with Archer to be her faux doctor so she could get of the hospital and live with Ali, so what the hell is happening? Yeah. See? All this show does is leave me questioning everything.  It won't matter who uberA/A.D is because the retcon will be ridiculous. A part of me still hopes that this whole thing ends up st.elsewhere style with one of the liars holding up a snowglobe and telling stories they made up in their head.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

It won't matter who uberA/A.D is because the retcon will be ridiculous. A part of me still hopes that this whole thing ends up st.elsewhere style with one of the liars holding up a snowglobe and telling stories they made up in their head.

Pretty much.  Doesn't matter what the reason is at this point, none of it can justify all the shit that A/A.D./UberA/EmojiA/whatever has put them through and the reasoning will just come across as weak and incredibly lame.  

Jenna is the only one with an actual reason to hate the PLLs -- particularly Alison -- because they blinded her while intentionally trying to cause her harm.

Heck, we'll probably find out that 'A' also arranged for the kidnapping of Nicole.  Because why not ?

Or maybe it will be like the old 'Joe Schmo Show' -- and it turns out that everyone in Rosewood is in on it EXCEPT the PLLs (literally, everyone is 'A').  

• Love 8
7 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Pretty much.  Doesn't matter what the reason is at this point, none of it can justify all the shit that A/A.D./UberA/EmojiA/whatever has put them through and the reasoning will just come across as weak and incredibly lame.  

Jenna is the only one with an actual reason to hate the PLLs -- particularly Alison -- because they blinded her while intentionally trying to cause her harm.

Heck, we'll probably find out that 'A' also arranged for the kidnapping of Nicole.  Because why not ?

Or maybe it will be like the old 'Joe Schmo Show' -- and it turns out that everyone in Rosewood is in on it EXCEPT the PLLs (literally, everyone is 'A').  

Toby being A would have made sense after Jenna. If the show had followed though, Ali and by extension the liars put him in juive and basically had all of Rosewood thinking he was evil for a crime he didn't do. The fact that the show backtracked on that story because all the shippers freaked out is so much pandering. This is one show where sadly, the viewers does direct the storylines. I've never seen a show take so much from viewer input than this show does. And I get it, I do.. you need viewers in order for a show to keep going but seriously.. I feel like all the storylines change directions because MK will see the reactions on social media and change her ideas based on the reactions and I don't think that's a good thing here. 

• Love 11

That happened a few times.

Honestly, ending the show the fifth season with Ezra as A would have been beautiful. But they went back on it. 

I think what's made the time jump even worse is that at least they used to have fantastic characters. Now the characters are a shell of their former selves. 

• Love 11

Yup, EzrA was such a great idea and it bugs me so much. Also considering how when they reworked the whole storyline to him writing the stupid book, it still didn't add up to a lot of the creeper things he was doing in the episodes where we thought he was A, like keeping her away from the other liars and all that. Plus I would still like to know why Aria's boyfriend had knives in his punching bag after outing out Ezra's freakout with the lawyer to Aria but I suppose Charlotte did that for Aria and Ezra. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Yup, EzrA was such a great idea and it bugs me so much. Also considering how when they reworked the whole storyline to him writing the stupid book, it still didn't add up to a lot of the creeper things he was doing in the episodes where we thought he was A, like keeping her away from the other liars and all that. Plus I would still like to know why Aria's boyfriend had knives in his punching bag after outing out Ezra's freakout with the lawyer to Aria but I suppose Charlotte did that for Aria and Ezra. 

Charlotte DiLaurentis: biggest Ezria shipper of them all. 

• Love 5

Once upon a time this was a great show. I enjoyed it. A part of me wonders if it should have ended with MonA. After those 2 seasons it went off the rails, season 3 A was such a bore, with NotCousin Nate the fake but could have been awesome A suspects and then bringing in not dead Alison and not having her be as awesome as she was when she was dead. I know people on the forums think she was showing some spark this season but to me she will never be as awesome as she was in the flashbacks the girls had when they thought she was dead. But once upon a time I liked this show a lot. Now it seems the show is hell bent on making me hate all the characters on it. Also they still haven't told us where Pepe and Tipi went. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Once upon a time this was a great show. I enjoyed it. A part of me wonders if it should have ended with MonA. After those 2 seasons it went off the rails, season 3 A was such a bore, with NotCousin Nate the fake but could have been awesome A suspects and then bringing in not dead Alison and not having her be as awesome as she was when she was dead. I know people on the forums think she was showing some spark this season but to me she will never be as awesome as she was in the flashbacks the girls had when they thought she was dead. But once upon a time I liked this show a lot. Now it seems the show is hell bent on making me hate all the characters on it. Also they still haven't told us where Pepe and Tipi went. 

I’ve always wondered if maybe Alison was never as “amazing" as we were led to believe. The Alison we saw in early seasons was seen entirely through other people’s eyes. She only existed in flashbacks and flashbacks are shown from the narrator’s perspective. We didn’t get to see Alison on her own terms till season 5 and that’s when she started seeming more fallible. Like she was still running the occasional scheme because she was scared, but she was also crying alone in her room a lot. And she only got progressively more mopey from there. So maybe the version of Alison who could fly planes and peer into people’s souls, and who ran around in wigs plotting and scheming, was just the exaggerated version of Alison the girls created in their minds once she was gone to cope with her disappearance. I think because the girls idolized Alison for being bolder and seemingly more sophisticated than them when they were younger, and because Alison was always playing a part and rarely let them see the real her, the girls painted a picture of Alison where they made her out to be this larger than life almost mythical being who somehow did all these amazing things, which is why this current more human version of her pales in comparison. Also she has very little agency in her own story now which makes her boring.

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 9

Sadie, that's a very interesting and astute comment. But I don't think it was intentional on the part of the writers or Marlene. I don't think they're capable of coming up with anything that deep, if you know what I mean. It's such a good insight though.

Edited by kat165
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, kat165 said:

Sadie, that's a very interesting and astute comment. But I don't think it was intentional on the part of the writers or Marlene. I don't think they're capable of coming up with anything that deep, if you know what I mean. It's such a good insight though.

Heh, you're probably right. More likely than not they probably just don't know how to write for her now that she's not dead anymore. 

• Love 5
On 8/24/2016 at 2:53 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

A part of me still hopes that this whole thing ends up st.elsewhere style with one of the liars holding up a snowglobe and telling stories they made up in their head.

Well, Jenna does have a snowglobe collection.  

• Love 1

I think we all know by now that there are not going to be any satisfying answers. The storylines and their denouement stopped making sense a long time ago if they ever did make sense. We've been disappointed season after season. I see no reason/evidence that we can expect anything different from the final season. If you are looking for answers or a satisfying ending you're watching the wrong show.

This show has never been about the storylines for me which have never been that good/interesting to begin with, but more about the girls and their relationship to each other. The time skip completely ruined that. I will watch to the bloody end and be glad it's over. Although I will miss the girls or at least my memory of them from a couple seasons ago. I hope the actresses can all find work after this. :)

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, kat165 said:

This show has never been about the storylines for me which have never been that good/interesting to begin with, but more about the girls and their relationship to each other. The time skip completely ruined that

This is so true. I was always fine with the weird illogically jumps this show made because I really just watched it for the four girls and their friendship. They had such a strong bond and dynamic between them, each combination of the girls had something different to offer. The time jump destroyed that. I find I am no longer invested in any of them individually or as a group. The magic is long gone. I still can't figure out why they decided to go with a time jump. It just makes no sense. Oh, that's probably why. Nothing on this show is allowed to make sense.

• Love 3

I didn't mind the time jump per se. It was just what they destroyed the relationships between the girls in the playing out of it, completely ruining what little redeeming quality this show had. It didn't have to play out this way. They also didn't have to have everyone ending back up with their high school bfs/gfs. Which is unrealistic and unsatisfying. They also destroyed the credibility of the girls themselves. Hanna was my favorite liar. Now I don't even recongnize her. I've never really been a fan of Emily but her back and forth with all these woman (Alison, the bar girl, Paige) just makes her look like an idiot. She's older, no wiser, even worse than she was in high school.

And the ridiculous storylines that we didn't see, but they refer to: Spencer and Caleb and their secret romance in ???Tuscany? Who the hell knows. I got so bored with the repetitious referrals to that, that I can't even remember now. Aria and her secret romance with Jason? When did she have time for that to happen? Emily and Paige having lived together back in California?

They didn't utlize the time jump. They just threw it into the mix with no thought behind it like everything else. Just so we could see alot of drinking and more explicit kissing and body rubbing.

Edited by kat165
  • Love 4
On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 0:14 AM, WhosThatGirl said:

A part of me still hopes that this whole thing ends up st.elsewhere style with one of the liars holding up a snowglobe and telling stories they made up in their head.

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 10:31 AM, CurlyATX said:

I have a bad feeling this show will be like Lost for me... lots of crazy and no real answers. 

At this point I'm kind of hoping for a bizarre, utterly surreal, what sort of drugs were you taking when you wrote this, ending like The Prisoner with Toby singing a monotone rendition of Dem Bones.  "Now hear the word of the Lord.  Babe."

• Love 3

The mystery element in PLL has always been quite terrible, indeed. I got hooked because of the characters (okay, because of the eye candy factor too). For several seasons now not only has the mystery become ever more convoluted and silly but the characterization has become almost as bad as the plotting. From Alison's inexplicable transformation into a helpless, clueless victim to Hanna becoming the typical dumb blonde, it's a complete and utter mess. And the show trying to become darker and edgier only makes it harder to take it seriously - so many murders and masked maniacs and yet the Liars do the exact same mistakes over and over and nobody in town really cares much about this murder spree. At least when they were in high school you could say that the girls had no choice but to stay in Rosewood, that they made stupid mistakes because they had never death with stuff like that before, etc. but now the whole thing is basically a farce. If it turns out the whole thing is, say, a hallucination of a mental patient, at least it would explain the million references to mental institutions and, you know, the fact that nothing in it makes any sense.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

This is so true. I was always fine with the weird illogically jumps this show made because I really just watched it for the four girls and their friendship. They had such a strong bond and dynamic between them, each combination of the girls had something different to offer. The time jump destroyed that. I find I am no longer invested in any of them individually or as a group. The magic is long gone. I still can't figure out why they decided to go with a time jump. It just makes no sense. Oh, that's probably why. Nothing on this show is allowed to make sense.

I don't care for the time jump and knew I wasn't going to from the moment it was announced, but I really think they had no choice but to do it. They had stretched two years of high school into 5 and a half seasons, so the actresses continued to age while the characters did not. They started their senior year of high school in the beginning of season 3, and yet by the middle of season 5, more than 2 seasons later, they've only made it to Thanksgiving of that same year when Mona is fake murdered, so the entirety of seasons 3, 4 and half of 5 occur over a couple of months, which is utterly ridiculous when you consider all the drama that plays out in that time. So I get why they had to jump ahead to catch up to real time and why they skipped over the college years where the girls were going to be separated, but per usual, they went about it in the worst possible way. I wish the girls had remained close over the years and that they had actually gotten smarter, instead of somehow learning absolutely nothing. At least before they had the excuse of being dumb, scared kids but now that they're supposedly functioning adults, it's just frustrating watching them make the same old mistakes. 

• Love 5

They should have started season three in the summer and done a sort of thing of what the girls were doing that summer. They could have even worked in Emily's depressed state and leaving Rosewood and saying she left right after the costume ball because of Maya's death and then came back and was doing summer school.  It's kind of sad that I came up with this within ten seconds of reading the above post about the extended senior year because this show didn't know what to do. It would have been so simple to have the season 3 be the girls summer before starting school again. 

• Love 3

Yeah I'm not sure why they didn't utilize the summer more. It's not like the girls ever went to class or anything, so structuring the show around the school year was unnecessary. So we had the never-ending night of Alison's disappearance on Labor Day 2009 where Alison somehow managed to see every person who ever stepped foot in Rosewood, and then the never-ending month of November 2011 that lasted from 3x14 to 512, where there were more episodes (47) than there are days in the month. 

• Love 3

There really was a lot of time this show could have filled. I wouldn't have even minded if one season had been a long month season. Instead we had two seasons making up one mouth, which didn't make sense. The season three should have been summer. Season 4, part A could have been the long month of september. Season 4 b could have been October. Then season 5 could have been November where Ali comes back and lead into December with the X-mas episode. And then the back half of that season was four months later so it was springtime- March or April. And season 6 part A was just the tail end of their senior year and was mostly focusing on the effect of their kidnapping, so school was a moot point until the finale which was about prom, but still.. it would have worked. That would have made sense. They could have worked around the timeline. I don't expect the timeline to be perfect but there were ways they could do it, especially given with the schedule this show has.  I know the whole parts of one season being a long month take some fanworking, but to me, it's better than what they did.

• Love 2

I'm a bit confused on why they're waiting until April 2017 to start Season 7B. 

1.  The ratings are evidently falling off.  A long hiatus is likely to exacerbate it.  I know I'll probably forget its back on until I check this forum.  If I remember to check this forum.

2.  They're shooting now, so they'll be wrapped in the next couple of months.  It's not like this is Game of Thrones with a bunch of CGI that requires months of post-production work.

3.  Long hiatus = more opportunities for info to leak.  The show is over, so the incentive for the cast and crew to keep their mouths shut is much lower.  I don't just mean deliberate spoilers, but also inadvertent ones.  "I love [guest star X], I wish I'd gotten to shoot scenes with [him/her]" -- that kind of thing.

• Love 3

Maybe they are hoping we will all have forgotten what happened after the long hiatus so we will finally stop questioning them about all the huge plot craters they can't seem to stop themselves from creating. haha

Nah, it's just so they can pimp the hell out of MK's new show. I wonder how many PLL fans are excited about the new show. I know I'm not. Not a fan of Bella Thorne so I'm giving it a hard pass, which means I will probably skip the last season of PLL as well, since I know we won't get any actual resolution to the storyline, and I don't care much about the girls anymore so I will probably have moved on by the time they air the last season. I'll come here, see who A was and probably laugh my ass off about the ridiculousness of that choice.

• Love 2

It's hard for me to drop shows. I usually can only drop one at a time and yes..maybe I take my tv shows too seriously. I know, I do, I just feel insulted by some, I recently dropped one last season and made a conscious decision to not watch when the new season starts since it really felt like it was insulting me as a viewer so I can only drop one at a time and since I know that PLL will be over after this season, I'm going to just finish it, this other show has no end date as of now so I decided I refused to get sucked in for more seasons but since PLL is done after part B, I'm just going to see how this whole thing wraps up. Or how it doesn't. Because let's be real..it won't. 

On September 9, 2016 at 11:06 AM, mac123x said:

I'm a bit confused on why they're waiting until April 2017 to start Season 7B. 

1.  The ratings are evidently falling off.  A long hiatus is likely to exacerbate it.  I know I'll probably forget its back on until I check this forum.  If I remember to check this forum.

2.  They're shooting now, so they'll be wrapped in the next couple of months.  It's not like this is Game of Thrones with a bunch of CGI that requires months of post-production work.

3.  Long hiatus = more opportunities for info to leak.  The show is over, so the incentive for the cast and crew to keep their mouths shut is much lower.  I don't just mean deliberate spoilers, but also inadvertent ones.  "I love [guest star X], I wish I'd gotten to shoot scenes with [him/her]" -- that kind of thing.

I think part of it is also that they have the last season of Switched at Birth to burn off. They might not want two long-running series to end at the same time. Plus, putting PLL later means they can try to launch MK's new show closer to the summer when more of their demo audience is likely to tune in. 

I also suspect some of it has to do with actor availability - there are some characters they probably need for the wrap-up and otherwise might not have access to them with the normal schedule - i really suspect they're going to try to do some drop-in scenes with Torrey Devito as Melissa the moment they can get her.

I'm months late to this, but I just read everything trying to see if anyone had any idea what the hell was going on. And obviously no one does... so good, not just me, or bad- that the entire fandom is this confused by MK's batshit crazy writing. Because, seriously I understand keeping the audience on edge (I think Shonda Rhimes does a good job with this for How to Get Away with Murder), but at this point all MK has is a nonsensical story with giant plot holes and unlikable characters.

My favorite part of this mid season finale was Caleb and Mona. I just love that they are sitting their sipping tea and putting sugar cubes in each others drink while the girls are off being insanely stupid and getting shot and decapitating people.  At this point, my hopes of Aria being A are dying and having Caleb and Mona being the final A of the series would be hilarious and make some sense since they are both geniuses, she is the original A, and he originally helped Mona in the first season.  Also, I'm so over Caleb and the skeeziness that was the Haleb/Spaleb triangle, so at least this way his character could go out with a bang instead of "You used to actually be an awesome ally for the girls, and the only significant that was good/cared for Hannah and her friends.") That all died with Spaleb, so I would be pretty happy with the twist of Caleb being in on this the whole time- it would almost redeem him in my eyes. Plus we all know Marlene has to have some sort of shock factor and Big A just being Mona isn't shocky enough for her.  

I really hope Ali does not have Em's eggs in her, that is just so gross and illogical.  I could have gotten on board with this ship (even though I heart Emily and Maya) but if they do the egg storyline- well shipping them is going to be really hard/basically over.

I feel the same way a lot of you do, I used to care about the characters and the ships to an extent, but now I basically feel indifferent to every character except for Mona (which we do not see enough, probably because she is too much of a complex/compelling character for MK to write well for extended periods of time).  

But, I will finish the show because I have a hard time dropping shows and I just have to see what kind of illogical BS that MK is going to try to sell for the ending because at this point even some of the candidates that make sense, still won't fully make sense because of the damn CeCe storyline that basically effed up everything.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Froippi said:

i still think Holden put those Knives in that Punching Bag in season 4 but i could be stretching it or maybe Jake did it to make Ezra look bad hard to say

I don't think Jake did it. It happpened after Aria already dumped him(the scene when she tried to return the earings and she commented on his punching bag and he needed to replace it), the scene with the punching bags was one of the last scenes of this episode. We never saw Jake again after that. So Aria never even knew about it. It was kind of a stupid scene and only done to add to the Not EzrA of that season.

It made sense for the time being, because the show was making EzrA to be the big bad, but then it turns out that wasn't the case. Ezra was writing a book? Which doesn't compute with the creepy things he was doing, trying to alienate Aria from her friends and her family. To further the book writing. Whatever. It's just another reason the PLL writers never have any intention of making sense of their stories. 

but it looks like some of the stuff Aria is about to do in 7B is going to be pretty messed up to so be interesting to see if the worse than what Erza did I also feel like this Kiss with Nicole has been blown out way more than it is and its not as simple as black and white he dated her for 2 years tell she went missing for 3 years

Edited by Froippi