Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: The DArkest Knight

What is this nonsense I don't even

• "You bring my digital media and I'll bring yours. We'll just not make 16 copies of each and save them in 16 different places because of, I dunno, the honor system."
  • "#seasonofseason1loveinterests"
  • "Everybody be quiet, apparently Jenna's hearing is so bad (because she's blind, TM Hanna) that she can only hear us if she's three feet away and facing us, but she can totes smell our blood because she's kinda Daredevil."
  • "I'm pregnant, Emily. And you're the father."
  • "Hey everybody, so I kind of became A for a while, and really for no reason, but that's why pencils have erasers!"
  • "You know too much! Actually, you barely know anything, but um, I'm supposed to die soon, so go with it; it's not the least believable part of this sequence by far anyway."
  • "Spencer, I'm your mother. Yes, my entire character purpose is to make things that made a modicum of sense no longer make any sense whatsoever, and now Jason is both your half-brother and your double cousin, but it happens."
  • Love 13

So that was it for the strange Hanna plot? "Sorry I worried everyone" WTF???? They set up this whole Mission Impossible plot & have it end with "sorry"? And who did Hanna originally call when she was setting it up? They never explained that.

And of course, for the 485,395,694,839 time the liars go off to meet someone in a dark place at night by themselves & don't tell anyone. 

They only have 10 more episodes to tie it all up, why is Toby in a crash? He was leaving, why would they have him die? This stupid show.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 4

Damn, Ali's roots. I get that there's no root care while being tortured in the mental hospital,  but girl, Aria at least would definitely be down to help with something as non-plot-adjacent as a home root kit.

Hanna better be planning on killing NoelKahn because otherwise she gonna look a damn fool when he comes back to wreck her alibi.

Mona is a legit goddess.

Paige is a legit creeper. This makes me sad.

BECAUSE OF COURSE ALI IS PREGNANT. Emily is such a scumbag. After watching Emily make out with every lesbian in Pennsylvania, I'm much less skeeved by Haleb. 

Decapitation doesn't work that way... wait a head is rolling down the stairs, seems legit. 

Why did Emily even have her ridiculously oversized phone out in the first place?

Loved that Hanna called Mona for assistance when she realized she was in over her head and Mona just showed up ready to get to work.

That Haleb scene was so awkward and such a waste of time. 

Spencer asking to kiss Toby goodbye was also really awkward. It kind of made Spencer look sort of pathetic. 

I like Alison and Emily together but whatever they’re doing with them is weird. They don’t seem to ever really talk, they just dance around their feelings and hook up and then carry on dealing with the ridiculous circumstances of their lives. Plus Alison is probably pregnant with Emily’s child without either of their knowledge or consent so that’s gross. 

They really shouldn’t have bothered bringing Paige back. She came across as clingy and possessive and she and Emily aren’t even together and it seems like her sole purpose was to push Alison and Emily together and surely the writers could have figured out another way to do that without making Paige look like an obsessive stalker.

Is Toby dead? Is Yvonne dead? Did AD kill them? AD obviously bought his house, right? 

Look at Aria being disappointed that Nicole wasn’t horrible murdered in South America! She’s such a peach. 

Spencer being Mary’s kid was so obvious. So Jason is her half-brother on her father’s side, but her cousin on her mother’s side. And now she and Alison are related as well so maybe Alison can stop trying to form a family with any psycho that looks her way because Spencer is technically her family. 

I wish Spencer or Alison had been the one to decapitate Noel so one more liar could join the accidental murderer club, because both Hanna and Emily are repeat offenders now. Gonna miss Noel Khan's beautiful face. 

Jenna blindly walking around in the dark waving a gun around was visually hilariously. The girls not even attempting to tackle her from behind and disarm her was infuriating though. Sure, just let her wander around shooting in the dark.

This finale was really anti-climatic, even with the ship pandering, unwanted pregnancy, shooting, and decapitating. The only piece of the puzzle that was solved was that Spencer's Mary's second child but since we know Spencer isn't A.D. or helping A.D. that reveal doesn't really get us any closer. I guess we learned that we could check Noel and Jenna off the suspect list but I don't think anyone seriously considered them being A.D.. And I'm still not sure what Noel and Jenna were even trying to accomplish. Before Noel's head went bye-bye he was ranting about always getting what he wants but what does he want? I can't even imagine what half-assed nonsense they're going to come up with as motive for him. If they even bother giving him a motive. 

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 8

Yeah.. I'm not impressed or intrigued with anything that happened tonight. The finale was meh. Hearing Mary say "I would never hurt you Spencer, I'm your mother" not..all that shocking? We didn't really find out who A.D was- but do I care really?- and now Noel is dead. So.. I.. what? 

As for the shipper- not surprised that Caleb and Hanna were back together, annoyed about Emison. I will never ever get it. But I'm not rooting for Paige and Emily either. I was kind of hoping Ezra's plane would be like MIA so we'd get a reprieve from Ezra/Aria madness for a few episodes. Let's be realistic, Nicole may be alive and well but we all know the Ezaria wedding is happening, we would be fools to think that this show isn't gonna make us sit through their long worded vows which they will write themselves. Bryon will probably officiate the thing and give his blessing because we all know he still dislikes Ezra but will come around in time to see the wedding and be all okay.  And also, bookends, considering Aria did her parents renewal. 

Toby's not dead, but Yovnee probably is. Once again, all these girls are going to end up with their high-school sweethearts.

• Love 5

I feel like A.D. has to be Melissa. After this episode there's almost nobody else left. They've all been eliminated through being shown separately from A.D. or through death. I guess there's still Lucas, but that would just feel so disconnected. I enjoy the Melissa character, I like the actress, it ties into the Hastings-DiLaurentis thing, and she has ties to the original mysteries (NAT, Bethany, etc.), so I'm actually okay with that.

Mona, you had one job! One job! How could she let Noel get loose?

Bye Yvonne, I guess. One obstacle to a PLL's true love dies, another obstacle comes back from the dead. I think that's the only Ezra scene I've enjoyed since his EzrA days - it was just so amusing watching Aria's reaction to Ezra and Nicole.

Haleb, whatever. I can't even with Caleb - first he was with Spencer, then he was making teary declarations at her door, then he was all "I'm confused" and then he goes straight to "you won't admit we're meant to spend the rest of our lives together" with Hanna like she's the one who huffed off to Europe.

Wow, this was a full episode of non-vanilla Ali - may that mean we've seen the last of vanilla Ali. She's back to when they wrote her well when she first came back from the dead - not evil, but skating a real line where it's hard to be sure to what degree she's being sincere and what degree she's being manipulative. Got a lot of good lines in, including "Grudge much?" which made me giggle, and then my favorite, "To quote my dead husband, 'Karma's a bitch.'" I was hoping Jenna would shoot her in the stomach so we could be rid of the pregnancy ASAP, but no such luck. When she said, "Who else would [the father] be?" I was all "Oh, you don't want to know, Ali. And I don't want to know either." I hate hate hate this. The only thing I appreciate is that Emison got restarted before the inevitable reveal next year that Ali's carrying Emily's egg that's been fertilized by who knows who, because it would be even grosser if they had only started kissing and whatnot again after the reveal. Seriously, I don't want to know who the father is.

I've always disliked Paige for being way too intense and creepy about Emily, and yup, she kept the crazy under wraps for a couple eps, but it's full-blown now. Calling Emily her girlfriend, yelling at Emily like they're dating and she has the right to expect anything from Emily? I mean, I knew she'd never stopped being nuts - when they met up and Emily was all "it's been what, two years" and Paige said, "Actually, closer to three" in a way that indicated that she could actually name the precise amount of time, down to the day and probably down to the hour, since they last saw each other, that was a giveaway right there. She came back to Rosewood to get Emily back, no other reason. But she was being sort of subtle about it before, and not anymore. Emily calling you a couple times to talk about A.D. is not the same as dating you, Paige. Ali was jealous (and I enjoyed that - she was the Voice of This Viewer, at least, when she kept saying how sick she felt while staring at Paige), but that doesn't mean she wasn't right when she told Emily that Paige was using them to get close to her and that it's pathetic. And honestly, Paige, knock it off. You're just jealous that Emily doesn't dance to your tune. Basically everything you said about Ali applies to you.

I do agree Ali's timing was influenced by jealousy, but I don't think her underlying feelings are just jealousy - they've dropped a few hints, particularly when Emily asked Ali how she would feel about Emily working at Rosewood High with her and Ali said she'd love it. Emily, for her part, needs to stop hiding behind "Ali needs me" as the reason for spending time with her, kissing her, etc. and admit it's what she wants herself. SadieT has said that Ali should have trust issues with Emily for thinking that she was a murderer twice, and I agree with that, but even more, she should have trust issues because of Emily always pretending that she doesn't have any feelings/attraction herself, she's just being a friend (while having extended flashbacks to when they had sex years before). At some point she needs to own it instead of dating every other woman she comes across in an attempt to distract herself.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 5

It doesn't add anything to make Spencer the kid. But they are full siblings, if Peter is still the dad, since moms are identical twins. What a useless twist. I hope Melissa is A.D. MonA was too cool to be this lame A. Melissa was too, actually. Principal HAckett?

9 minutes ago, fitzcarraldo said:

It doesn't add anything to make Spencer the kid. But they are full siblings, if Peter is still the dad, since moms are identical twins. What a useless twist. I hope Melissa is A.D. MonA was too cool to be this lame A. Melissa was too, actually. Principal HAckett?

I totally missed the part wherein there was something that indicated Spencer's bio dad was still Peter Hastings. What episode was that in?

1 minute ago, GreenScreenFX said:

There is no chemistry between Emily and Allison... At ALL. Paige no.

I think there has been chemistry between Emily and Alison in the past.  That said, I've never shipped them and I saw no chemistry in this episode.

LOL. What in the hell...? This episode was so bad.

-Well, I was right about Noel Kahn dying this episode so yay me?

-This show was like 5 minutes of "mystery" then 30 minutes of "relationships" and then 5 minutes of "mystery". I had to drink like three glasses of wine just to finish it!

-I've said this since the very first season but I have to repeat myself. The romantic relationships on here are easily the worst part of this show.

-Speaking of relationships, I said something very similar to my ex when I heard he was getting married and I didn't mean not one word of it so I was not surprised when Spencer asked to kiss him "to say goodbye" at least the show got that part right. 

-Hanna recording her lame Noel Kahn plot. Then leaving the recording in the camera. 

-Jenna walking around blind with a gun. Why not just light the building on fire? Or trap them in and let some gas poison them or anything besides what took place on my screen?

-Nicole being back is irrevelent. This show refuses to break Aria and Ezra up so this will only serve to waste screen time the next half of this season.

-Ali is pregnant? No thanks. This show barely has a handle on the timeline as is. Plus does anyone expect them to do a pregnancy storyline any justice?

-Paige. Still awful. No point in bringing her back.

-Spencer as Mary Drake's kid. Sigh. 

-Can we sign a petition to get rid of Spencer's bangs?

We only have ten more episodes guys until then we should probably try to figure out what is this strange hold this show has over us. Maybe that's the real mystery here.

• Love 2

I am so confused. Which I suppose is what Marlene wants, but I feel like I'm more confused than I should be.

First off, "You know too much." Meaning Noel's involvement in the Dollhouse, I guess. So am I supposed to believe he hung around upstairs hoping one of the liars would conveniently leave something so that he could then confront and kill them. But just a couple of them, because he knew the rest would stay downstairs, so that him and his BLIND partner in crime could dispatch a half separately. Never mind that Jenna waited for minutes before she appeared. Also never mind that Jenna also have a hearing radius of three feet. Or were they not working together at all? Had Jenna just arrived with the gun in tow? I know she couldn't see Noel's head but she must've heard screams (then again she does need a hearing aid) and now there's a head-like thing at the bottom of the stairs and it's not like she called out to Noel or anything like she wanted to know where he was/if he was okay. Then she just pulled the trigger and could have easily shot Noel if he was still alive.

Meanwhile, Mary is hiding in the walls listening. Is she with Noel and Jenna? If she is then the three of them really needed to communicate better with two of them wanting to kill the liars, but Mary not wanting at least one of them dead. If she was NOT with Noel and Jenna, why isn't she helping them escape these two psychopaths? Either way, what the heck, Mary?

Okay so Noel is dead and Jenna shoots Spencer. WE SEE HER PULL THE TRIGGER. She is then abducted by someone she doesn't know, someone she deduces is A.D, and asks this person; "Did you shoot Spencer." WHAT?! No, Jenna, YOU shot Spencer. Okay, okay, we didn't get a wide shot of the bullet exiting her weapon and entering Spencer, maybe A.D shot from another location or whatever, but why wouldn't you just assume that you shot her when you fired your gun at the liars?

Also confusing: A.D tossed a mask at Jenna. A mask of what looked like Larry David. Am I supposed to know who the mask depicts? Also confusing: how did A.D drag Jenna away from the room that seemingly had no exits, never mind a staircase.

Lastly. Were Jenna and Noel fans of A.D or something? They seemed to have the same goals and Jenna didn't seem particularly scared at the end, more like she was in awe. But I might have misread that.

I laughed out load when Noel's head rolled down the stairs (RIP, stud), but the rest of the sequence seemed like a comedy or a parody and I just couldn't wrap my head around anything. I guess a lot of these things are not so much confusing as they are nonsensical and badly written, BUT STILL.

Please explain. 

Edited by joelene
  • Love 10
(edited)

First of all, the dialogue in the Spencer/Toby and Hanna/Caleb scenes was so cringe inducing. It sounded like fan fiction written by a 12 year old girl. Wait, that sounds about right. I mean seriously, "Can I kiss you one more time? Just to say goodbye?" Who the fuck says things like that? NO ONE.

I have been pretty neutral about Paige recently. I had a huge problem with her when she tried to drown Emily but then I learned that's pretty mild for Rosewood. i wanted to high five her this week though because she has Alison's number. I know that some people will always have a soft spot for their first crush, but I hate that Emily turns into such an easily manipulated dunce when it comes to Alison and then she insists on defending her no matter what. I wouldn't be surprised if Ali was lying about being pregnant just to get Emily's full attention after she saw Paige at the house. What I loved is that Paige immediately recognized what was going on by Emily's behavior. I just rolled my eyes when Emily said, "Paige, don't walk away! Just give me a chance to explain!" Girl, you had the chance to explain and you chose not to, so don't act like Paige is the one being pissy for deciding that she didn't need any more of your non-answers and Ali justifications. I am not a Paige/Emily shipper either. I just love that Paige has no patience for Emily having cartoon hearts shoot out of her eyes every time Alison snaps her fingers.

These girls are so dumb. Will they never learn the basics? Not only did they split up inside the creepy house, but they just handed over the flash drive without making a million copies first? Gawd. And two seconds after Jenna walked up the stairs, they started talking about her: "They brought us here to kill us!" Jenna is blind, not deaf! She can still hear you guys talking! When she came back downstairs, they just let her walk by. As soon as she walked past them, they should have tackled her. There were three of them and her back was to them so they totally could have taken her down. When Jenna was standing in the hallway pointing the gun at all five of them, all they had to do was squat until she fired six times and she was out of bullets.

Meanwhile, Noel Kahn pops up to tell Hanna and Emily that they aren't leaving and their response is to quietly just walk into a room and close the door? What about yelling down to Aria, Spencer, and Alison, "NOEL KAHN IS TRYING TO KILL US!"? and then running?

I mean, they spend all of their time either being stalked or breaking into places where they shouldn't be, so you'd think that every time they left the house, they would have gloves, flashlights, and pepper spray but noooooooo. They insist on leaving their fingerprints all over various crime scenes and running in high heels.

I loved that while the girls were busy decapitating people, Caleb and Mona were sitting at the Radley having tea and using sugar tongs like civilized people. Pinkies out!

File under creepy: Marco telling Spencer that he "did his homework on her." I mean, yes, a basic google search would turn up all kinds of stuff about any of the PLLs so he didn't even need access to police records to find out a ton of crazy stuff about Spencer, but still. The way he said it so matter of factly creeped me out.

Aria rewinding the news to see Nicole and Ezra reunite was pathetically hilarious. It was weird that Ezra was so insistent about taking a cab home instead of letting Aria pick him up, but I guess that made for the dramatic reveal of Aria seeing him on the news so the clunkiness was worth it?

Noel's head rolling down the stairs was even funnier than when the girls shrieked about a ball rolling down the stairs. A BALL! IT'S COMING FOR US!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 7

I am living for those 5 PLL dolls that AD has, of course Hanna's is toting shopping bags, Ali's is wearing that damn yellow tank top and Aria's has a loud print jacket on, I love it! Noel Kahn is too damn pretty to die, no matter how nefarious his actions may have been/be. Farewell, you pretty, pretty man.

• Love 3

This episode was ehhh for me...

First all relationships of the past...the only one that actually works for me is Caleb and Hannah. Spencer and Toby, Paige and Emily, Aria and Fitz can all GO AWAY. I am sorry but very few people are still dating/still interested in the peeps they dated in high school after college.
Also let I never liked Paige...she lost me when she tried to drown Emily and I never was aboard the Paige train since.

Also, Allison is not gay, she is an opportunist. I seriously hope that Emily doesn't fall into her clutches. I may not like Paige but she has Allison's number.

I wish this show would stop killing people who aren't relevant and we don't care about. No one cares about Noel, when he came back it was clearly to be the sacrificial lamb.

Also...can Spencer catch a break...first they throw her at Caleb which we all knew wasn't going anywhere...then she gets a new love interest...GROSS Marco...then she gets shot and now Mary is her mom...I mean what????

• Love 5

They all think Hanna has been kidnapped, the police are all over the place, there's basically a state-wide Amber alert out for Hanna (I did not do that pun intentionally), and what does Aria do?  She makes plans to pick Ezra up at the airport and take him out to dinner.  Aria is a horrible horrible person.

I noticed that AD put the Spencer figurine in a coffin, and that all the 7B promo footage specifically excluded her.  I guess we're supposed to believe that Spencer is dead.  Anyone buy that?  I don't.  I'm guessing that Yvonne is dead, and Spencer and Toby wind up coincidentally in adjacent hospital rooms so they can rekindle their Twoo Luv  over IVs and lime Jell-O. 

They had hours between receiving the "meet at this address" text and the meet-up time.  They had time to set up the Ferris Bueller recorded fake-out dialog for the cops to hear, but they didn't take the time to duplicate the flash drive.  Then again, we're just assuming that based on 6+ years of stupidity, so maybe they did.

5 hours ago, Black Knight said:

I feel like A.D. has to be Melissa. After this episode there's almost nobody else left.

Or Wren, who hasn't been seen in years.  Everyone else except minor characters is accounted for I think, unless they go for a truly weird choice like one of the parents.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Kate213 said:

Keegan Allen posted a RIP Toby message on instagram so I guess Toby's actually dead?  We'll see show, we'll see.

As long as his head's still attached, I don't believe it.  The minute Jenna stepped on Noel Kahn's head, I was like "Oh, you for real dead now, son." 

8 hours ago, DigitalCount said:

• "Spencer, I'm your mother. Yes, my entire character purpose is to make things that made a modicum of sense no longer make any sense whatsoever, and now Jason is both your half-brother and your double cousin, but it happens."

If Peter Hastings is still Spencer's dad (and I hope he is, because a) I like the actor, and b) I cannot take any more new relatives at this point), they must have had some amazing key parties in their neighborhood during the late '80s/early '90s. Because Melissa and Jason are about the same age, right? And then Ali and Spencer are too. 

Is Allison her father's only biological child now? Is Melissa Mrs. Hastings' only child? Did we ever find out who Charlotte's dad was? 

At the moment, as best as I can figure out: 

Jason is: half brother to Allison, Melissa, and (possibly) Spencer; cousin to Charlotte
Allison is : half sister to Jason; cousin to Charlotte and Spencer
Spencer is: half sister to Jason, Charlotte, and (possibly) Melissa; cousin to Allison
Charlotte was: half sister to Spencer and???; cousin to Jason and Allison
Melissa is: half sister to Jason and possibly Spencer; blissfully unrelated to the rest of that hot mess. Stay in London, girl. 

3 minutes ago, dmc said:

Also, Allison is not gay, she is an opportunist. I seriously hope that Emily doesn't fall into her clutches. I may not like Paige but she has Allison's number.

This times about a million. "Emison" disgusts me, because people aren't rooting for a couple; they're rooting for Emily to continue to be the victim of Allison's games. 

Speaking of Allison -- is she meant to be jaundiced, or are they just really bad at doing her make-up? Is jaundice a symptom of pregnancy, or of sneakily being impregnated with someone else's eggs? 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, kissedbyarose said:

-Can we sign a petition to get rid of Spencer's bangs?

Yes, please. The bangs been driving me nuts since they "aged" her. It does not make her look older. It makes her look like a 12 year old girl. 

4 hours ago, joelene said:

Okay so Noel is dead and Jenna shoots Spencer. WE SEE HER PULL THE TRIGGER. She is then abducted by someone she doesn't know, someone she deduces is A.D, and asks this person; "Did you shoot Spencer." WHAT?! No, Jenna, YOU shot Spencer. Okay, okay, we didn't get a wide shot of the bullet exiting her weapon and entering Spencer, maybe A.D shot from another location or whatever, but why wouldn't you just assume that you shot her when you fired your gun at the liars?

I wondered about that too, and I won't be surprised next season if we find out that wasn't Jenna with a gun but someone in a Jenna mask. The same way I won't be surprised if it wasn't Noel Khan's head but one of those things you use to display wigs covered in a Noel mask.  Nor do I think for one moment that Spencer or Toby is dead. No, there was way too much set up with that book she gave him and the text he couldn't compose and the hints about who bought the house. In fact, here's how I suspect MK will end her show:

-Spoby:  In the final episode it will be revealed that Spencer bought the house, and she and Toby will live happily ever after in it. Yvonne is probably (hopefully) dead from the car wreck or will die in surgery following so they can drive the suspense through that first episode.  Next season will deal with Toby mourning Yvonne's death and Spencer dealing with being Mary Drake's daughter. Marco will probably continue to date (or try to) Spencer since he only seems to think her and Toby were friends.

-Ezaria:  Ezra will continue to be confused on his feelings for the two women. Nicole will be blissfully happy that she's been rescued and reunited with Ezra. She'll say a bunch of things that will make him feel guilty and he won't have the heart to tell her about reuniting w/Aria till the last episode or two when they reunite for their HEA. 

-Emison:   Allison is pregnant with Emily's eggs. This is a no brainier clue that they will end up together once they figure that out.

-Haleb: Will probably spend next season with a bunch of angsty together/not together only to end up together in the end. Hell, maybe Hannah will turn up pregnant too and wonder if it's Caleb or Jordan's only for it to be revealed as Caleb's in the finale.  Gag!  

And the final scene will be some 'A' tag leaving the door open for future spin-offs or specials. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

I wondered about that too, and I won't be surprised next season if we find out that wasn't Jenna with a gun but someone in a Jenna mask. The same way I won't be surprised if it wasn't Noel Khan's head but one of those things you use to display wigs covered in a Noel mask.  Nor do I think for one moment that Spencer or Toby is dead. No, there was way too much set up with that book she gave him and the text he couldn't compose and the hints about who bought the house. In fact, here's how I suspect MK will end her show:

I wouldn't be surprised if we learned that there's missing time and Jenna missed, disappeared around a corner and someone else came to shoot Spencer.

• Love 1

Okay so Noel is dead and Jenna shoots Spencer. WE SEE HER PULL THE TRIGGER. She is then abducted by someone she doesn't know, someone she deduces is A.D, and asks this person; "Did you shoot Spencer." WHAT?!

The person had a synthetic mask, so I was guessing that was person had a Jenna mask? So who we see shoot Spencer was the make person? 

For seeing her fiancee reunite on tv with a woman he loved, Aria was really calm the rest of the episode after that. It was like a blip and then she didn't mention it or reacted to it for the rest of the show. They should have showed her a bit more frazzled/distressed/troubled.

As clingy as Paige is I think she had the right idea on Ali. Was interesting she pointed out Ali saw them getting closer and then created the drama. Could be she's faking this pregnancy to keep Emily close?  Paige's pointing out that Emily hadn't changed regarding Ali was true too. 

Someone in TPTB really hates Spencer. She gets shot, she looks so pathetic asking an engaged man moving away for a last kiss, after her pathetic love of Caleb even though he was in love with her best friend and now her entire life with her family is a lie. She's Mary Drake's daughter and is related to Ali and Jason's not her brother anymore, but her cousin.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Artsda said:

The person had a synthetic mask, so I was guessing that was person had a Jenna mask? So who we see shoot Spencer was the make person? 

The mask s/he threw at Jenna in the van? The mask that looked like an old man with Larry David hair? And also it had to have been Jenna because after she shot and Spencer crawled on the floor, Jenna followed and spoke! With her own Jenna voice! Then she was hit over the head. Jenna also spoke downstairs. So unless A.D was creeping around with a Jenna mask at the same time as Jenna creeped around then it makes zero sense. And I'm not sure it makes sense even then. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, dmc said:

12 hours ago, abbottrabbit said:

This times about a million. "Emison" disgusts me, because people aren't rooting for a couple; they're rooting for Emily to continue to be the victim of Allison's games. 

So yes to both of these.  Alison has never show any real indications she's gay.  She plays on Em's feelings whenever she needs something from her and/or wants Em to trust her.  

12 hours ago, abbottrabbit said:

If Peter Hastings is still Spencer's dad (and I hope he is, because a) I like the actor, and b) I cannot take any more new relatives at this point), they must have had some amazing key parties in their neighborhood during the late '80s/early '90s. Because Melissa and Jason are about the same age, right? And then Ali and Spencer are too. 

Is Allison her father's only biological child now? Is Melissa Mrs. Hastings' only child? Did we ever find out who Charlotte's dad was? 

I think, yeah, since Charlotte was confirmed to be Mary's, Alison is her father's only biological child. I don't recall any information that ever confirmed the father of either of Mary's children.  

Generally, though, I'm confused about the siblings/cousins thing too.  People keep mentioning Spence still being Jason's sister, and I'm not sure if their basing that on Mary and Jessica being identical twins (i.e. genetically identical and thus their kids have the same DNA on their side, but then why are they calling Ali her cousin), or because Jason is still her adopted bother, or because there was actually a fact or theory floated about Peter Hastings that I missed. 

I wouldn't mind Peter being the father mostly for the no more new relatives part.  I mean seriously, if Spencer has a BSC mystery dad to deal with too, WTF.  Stop piling on Spencer, show.

But it would make Peter the WORST when it comes to cheating - having an affair with Jessica and then a few years later an affair with her identical twin who was in a mental institution AND claiming the baby and having his wife raise her?  Wow Petey... that Veronica and/or Jessica didn't kill him would be the biggest mystery of the show.

Without confirmation that Peter is Spencer's bio dad, her relationships seem to be:

Mary -Bio Mom

Charlotte - Half Sister 

Alison - Cousin/Genetic sister

Jason - Cousin/Genetic Brother and Half Bother via adoption (except that it's a little funky when he is still a Delurentis by law)

Melissa - Sister via Adoption

Veronica - Mother via Adoption (and yeah, it seems that Melissa is her only biological child)

Peter - Dad via Adoption (possible bio father to everyone by virtue of being a skeezy Johnny Apple Seed - Which, Rosswood....)

The minute Jenna stepped on Noel Kahn's head, I was like "Oh, you for real dead now, son."

Hahaha! Still cracking me up. I'm horrible.

Edited by RachelKM
Additional WTF
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

Yes, please. The bangs been driving me nuts since they "aged" her. It does not make her look older. It makes her look like a 12 year old girl. 

-Spoby:  In the final episode it will be revealed that Spencer bought the house, and she and Toby will live happily ever after in it. Yvonne is probably (hopefully) dead from the car wreck or will die in surgery following so they can drive the suspense through that first episode.  Next season will deal with Toby mourning Yvonne's death and Spencer dealing with being Mary Drake's daughter. Marco will probably continue to date (or try to) Spencer since he only seems to think her and Toby were friends.

-Ezaria:  Ezra will continue to be confused on his feelings for the two women. Nicole will be blissfully happy that she's been rescued and reunited with Ezra. She'll say a bunch of things that will make him feel guilty and he won't have the heart to tell her about reuniting w/Aria till the last episode or two when they reunite for their HEA. 

-Emison:   Allison is pregnant with Emily's eggs. This is a no brainier clue that they will end up together once they figure that out.

-Haleb: Will probably spend next season with a bunch of angsty together/not together only to end up together in the end. Hell, maybe Hannah will turn up pregnant too and wonder if it's Caleb or Jordan's only for it to be revealed as Caleb's in the finale.  Gag!  

And the final scene will be some 'A' tag leaving the door open for future spin-offs or specials. 

I hate Spencer's bangs

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, RachelKM said:

But it would make Peter the WORST when it comes to cheating - having an affair with Jessica and then a few years later an affair with her identical twin AND claiming the baby and having his wife raise her?  Wow Petey... that Veronica and/or Jessica didn't kill him would be the biggest mystery of the show.

Key parties. I'm telling you, wild and crazy key parties. There was probably all sorts of wife and sister-in-law swapping going on over the fence between the Hastings' estate and the Di Laurentiis' compound. Peter's just the only one who ever managed to get his shots past the goalie. 

"She's my sister! She's my cousin! She's my sister and my cousin!" 

Forget it, Jason. It's Rosewood. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, RachelKM said:

I totally missed the part wherein there was something that indicated Spencer's bio dad was still Peter Hastings. What episode was that in?

I think there has been chemistry between Emily and Alison in the past.  That said, I've never shipped them and I saw no chemistry in this episode.

I did say if, though, not that it was said either way.

6 minutes ago, fitzcarraldo said:

I did say if, though, not that it was said either way.

Sorry, I wasn't blaming you specifically for my confusion.  You were the second (third?) person I'd seen posit that Peter is or might be Spencer's bio dad in this thread and I wan't sure where it came from, i.e. popular audience spec, in show spec (though, if it was the Liar's suspecting it would almost certainly turn out to not be true), or actually established/hinted by things said on screen.

I haven't really paid close attention to this season, least of all the Mary's second child thing.  So it is/was legit possible I just missed it.

Edited by RachelKM
1 minute ago, RachelKM said:

Sorry, I wasn't blaming you specifically for my confusion.  You were the second (third?) person I'd seen posit that Peter is or might be Spencer's bio dad in this thread and I wan't sure where it came from, i.e. popular audience spec, in show spec (though, if it was the Liar's suspecting it would almost certainly turn out to not be true), or actually established/hinted by things said on screen.

I think it comes from the theory that Peter could have slept with Mary, thinking that she's Jessica. It's not the first time he would have been intimate with Jessica (because of Jason) and it eliminates the subplot of Who's Your Daddy for the final 10 episodes. I'm personally not interested in Spencer's last plotline ever being about her finding her biological father, especially if it's someone that's new. 

• Love 1

That makes some sense.  As I said above, I'm down with the idea of Peter Hastings being her bio solely on the no more unknown relatives basis alone.  But if Mary faked being Jessica to sleep with Peter, that would be seriously F'd up... so of course it is actually the most likely scenario because Rosewood. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, dmc said:

Also, Allison is not gay, she is an opportunist. 

No she's not gay. She's not straight either. Marlene has said Alison is going to address her sexuality in 7b so I guess we'll eventually find out how she identifies herself. 

Just now, SadieT said:

No she's not gay. She's not straight either. Marlene has said Alison is going to address her sexuality in 7b so I guess we'll eventually find out how she identifies herself. 

I am calling her a talented Ms. Ripley.  Her sexuality changes based who she needs to use at any given time. 

• Love 4

Does Toby have to get into a random car accident every season? It's like the writers write their episodes, check the character board and realize they left his character hanging somewhere so they just throw a car accident in there. Isn't this like the third time??!!

Noel's beheading was so hilarious I spent that whole scene laughing. What the actual fuck? I can't believe (actually, I can) they managed to make 2 of the creepiest characters so ridiculous. What even is their motivation? The brilliant part about creepy Jenna is precisely that the Liars were always in the wrong when it comes to her and that she was justified in her hatred for them. Why this suddenly 5 years later over CHARLOTTE of all people. Those Cece/Jenna interactions make no damn sense.

With how offensive this show is, I wouldn't be surprised if Alison got inseminated that one time AD kidnapped her in the nuthouse (rolling the bed into the light) with Emily's eggs and Charlotte's sperm.

Please show, do not bring Ian the Milkman back. Let us have that one thing without ruining it.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, dmc said:

I am calling her a talented Ms. Ripley.  Her sexuality changes based who she needs to use at any given time. 

When was the last time we actually saw Alison use anyone or be manipulative? I wish she still had some of that spark in her, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Instead she's the one being used and manipulated by evil fake doctors and her crazy aunt. 

I totally get people not shipping Emison or whatever but nothing we've seen from Alison since she grew up has indicated she's playing with anyone's feelings. Her jealousy at finding out Emily was dating Sabrina and then seeing her with Paige was obviously real. 

• Love 3

Noel's head separated from his body pretty easily.  I know this is TV and isn't realistic, but I immediately wondered why Tim Burton would keep the blade on that axe so well-honed.  Later, I flashed back to the end of season 5 BtVS and expected one of the girls to say, "He was a robot?  Did everyone know that Noel Khan is a robot?"

Noel had some cheesy line about how Jenna taught him and Charlotte how to smell fear.  It got me wondering (not that it'll ever be answered), when did Noel become one of Charlotte's minions?  According to her alleged confession in 6.10, she didn't know Alison was alive until after the fire at Thornhill Lodge (end of season 3).  From that point on, one of her motives for continuing torturing the PLLs was to lure Ali out of hiding. 

In the Season 4 finale, we found out that Noel was helping Ali stay hidden.  If he were on Charlotte's team before then, he could have just told her "Ali's haunting a theater in NYC.  Here's the address".  I guess we're supposed to assume that he joined Charlotte's team after Ali returned but prior to the Dollhouse for ... reasons.

Also, when did Jenna supposedly teach him and Charlotte how to smell fear?  According to Jenna, she didn't meet Charlotte until after Charlotte was incarcerated at Wilby.  I know forming a coherent timeline is impossible on a show that has 40+ episodes occur between Halloween and Thanksgiving, but can they at least events to occur in an order that doesn't require time travel?

• Love 6

That was so full of obvious twists and batshit craziness, that I kind of loved it. It had just enough ridiculousness PLL goodness that I can legitimately say that I enjoyed this episode. So much of it was so stupid that I literally cackled at the screen a few times. Classic PLL. 

So long lost perfect dead girlfriend is not only not dead, but has been reunited with Ezra in the middle of the jungle with TV converge which just happened to be on just as Aria was turning towards the TV. Why not? Man, this is going to get awkward. I have to assume with isn't the real end of Ezra/Aria, but this is a pretty damn big roadblock. 

On the one hand, Noel Khan being dead is not a good thing. He is not only so very pretty, but is one of my favorite villains still on the show. But, on the other hand, he decapitated himself with a battle axe by somehow falling onto it and perfectly cutting his head off while his head rolls down the stairs like a basketball. That is just so...what? How? Huh?

Looks like Jenna is still pretty pissed about being blinded. Must be a weird day, being menaced by a blind girl with a gun, and a hot former classmate with an axe in an old school for the blind. Its pretty much a typical day for the PLLs.  

So Spencer is the mystery baby? Well, this certainly proves that nurture wins in the nature vs nurture thing, because Spencer is just SUCH a Hastings, even if she was apparently adopted. On the other hand, of the PLLs, Spencer is the most wacked out one in general, so I could buy her as a member of this family. She combines two crazy families, and got attributes of both! 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4

Yeah, whatever Alison's past behavior, she's always had clear feelings for Emily. I think Emily is the person who showed Alison's humanity from the get go. 

The biggest problem with Emison is what someone else said, it's not with Alison it's with Emily. She treats Ali like a charity case instead of someone who she actually wants.

• Love 3

This was so bad that it went back into good and then into terribly bad again. I hope the writers are trolling with campy nonsense because the idea that professionals can write something so incredibly dumb on so many levels and think that it's awesome is a little scary. The plan of the villain was the blind girl shooting five people?!? Not to mention if Jenna hated them that much she could have tried that half a decade ago. Of course, Noel is dead, so they won't need to bother writing any motivation for him, just like Shower's case.

Sure Marlene, heads are so easy to cut with one blow, one wonders why people used to pay professionals to execute people by beheading them. Why would these halberds or whatever be sharpened anyway? Why would so much stuff be left in the school and not sold? Why are the writers not making even a slight effort?

It sure cracked me up when all the TV channels showed "Hanna is missing" message and accused Noel of kidnapping her based on exactly zero evidence. Like that will happen with a guy that rich. And I am sure Ashley would totally stay in London if she thinks her daughter is kidnapped - did Laura Leighton killed the puppy of one of the producers or something?

First of all, the dialogue in the Spencer/Toby and Hanna/Caleb scenes was so cringe inducing. It sounded like fan fiction written by a 12 year old girl. Wait, that sounds about right. I mean seriously, "Can I kiss you one more time? Just to say goodbye?" Who the fuck says things like that? NO ONE.

I have been pretty neutral about Paige recently. I had a huge problem with her when she tried to drown Emily but then I learned that's pretty mild for Rosewood. i wanted to high five her this week though because she has Alison's number. I know that some people will always have a soft spot for their first crush, but I hate that Emily turns into such an easily manipulated dunce when it comes to Alison and then she insists on defending her no matter what. I wouldn't be surprised if Ali was lying about being pregnant just to get Emily's full attention after she saw Paige at the house. What I loved is that Paige immediately recognized what was going on by Emily's behavior. I just rolled my eyes when Emily said, "Paige, don't walk away! Just give me a chance to explain!" Girl, you had the chance to explain and you chose not to, so don't act like Paige is the one being pissy for deciding that she didn't need any more of your non-answers and Ali justifications. I am not a Paige/Emily shipper either. I just love that Paige has no patience for Emily having cartoon hearts shoot out of her eyes every time Alison snaps her fingers.

Very well put. Paige telling Emily off was the only moment in this episode I actually liked. And the romantic dialogue was indescribably bad in the Alison/Emily scenes too. Plus, they were all "OMG, high stakes, need to catch A.D. ASAP, wait, we can spend a whole day hooking up in the silliest of fashions".

Does Toby have to get into a random car accident every season?

I wonder how much Toby's car insurance costs. Must be a hefty sum. I will miss Yvonne's off the charts eye candy factor and I hope Marlene gets an earful on twitter for killing yet another black woman.

Yeah, whatever Alison's past behavior, she's always had clear feelings for Emily.

Yeah, all those times she bullied Emily and had relationships with other people sure showed how much she loves Emily. Or that time when she knew Mona was A and didn't bother tell Emily. That's real love.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 7

Oh please on Emison being real. Ali knows how to play Emily so well. Paige was dead on about that, that's for sure. Her clear feelings for Emily were that she loved the feeling of being adored by Emily and she loved the attention. When she has Emily's  attention, Emily will be on her side until the bitter end; see season 5 part A and try really hard to not want to hit Emily in the face. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SadieT said:

When was the last time we actually saw Alison use anyone or be manipulative? I wish she still had some of that spark in her, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Instead she's the one being used and manipulated by evil fake doctors and her crazy aunt. 

I totally get people not shipping Emison or whatever but nothing we've seen from Alison since she grew up has indicated she's playing with anyone's feelings. Her jealousy at finding out Emily was dating Sabrina and then seeing her with Paige was obviously real. 

When she asked the Liars to come back for their friendship despite knowing exactly what Charlotte did to each of them for years.  Allison is a total user and she hasn't changed.  She is only concerned with what she wants and exactly how to get it.

So no, I don't ship them.  Allison only conveniently remembers her relationship with Emily when she wants something or is lonely, etc. 

• Love 11

Oh God, that was bad. That was really, really bad. I thought I had mentally prepared myself for the awfulness considering the shit show that was the Charlotte/Charles/A reveal but no. 

So Noel was involved with the dollhouse and torturing the girls because he didn't get what he wanted, but he didn't bother to tell us/the Liars what he wanted? WTF did he want? To date Aria? A date with Aria is not that exciting. Trust me. Wasn't he helping Ali when she was "dead"? Why didn't he just tell Charlotte where she was? Or Jenna, if Jenna is so determined to kill Ali? And Jenna taught him to smell fear? How exactly did she conduct these lessons? And he managed to fall on an axe at the right angle and with enough force to cleanly cut off his head?

When Jenna turned out the lights and said, "Now you see like I do!" I really, really wanted one of them to say, "Actually there is quite a bit of ambient light in this room and we can still see pretty well." How hard is it to hide from a blind woman ladies?

Why was Mary Drake creeping around the house but she didn't bother to shout out a warning to her "daughter" that it was a trap?

Ali: I'm bored and lonely and you're easy, so come over and kiss me Em. 

Why has Toby not lost his drivers license yet? The man is in a ridiculous number of car crashes. Obviously he's not dead but it doesn't look good for Yvonne. 

Caleb and Mona tailing "Jenna" continue to look way too comfortable together. Maybe a little something with her between Hanna and Spencer? It would not surprise me considering how quickly he bounces from one woman to another. 

So who is driving the van at the end? It can't be any of the main 5 or Toby/Yvonne or Mary Drake or Jenna. It is probably not Mona or Caleb or Ezra since they were seen elsewhere. Who does that leave? Melissa, Wren, Jason, Mr. D, Lucas, Paige, Sydney?, Sabrina lol, some dead person who isn't really dead, anyone else?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, lorikauai said:

When Jenna turned out the lights and said, "Now you see like I do!" I really, really wanted one of them to say, "Actually there is quite a bit of ambient light in this room and we can still see pretty well." How hard is it to hide from a blind woman ladies?

Haha! I had the same reaction. I was thinking, "Aw poor dear.  She had this dramatic moment planned but completely forgot about windows and alternative light sources."  In retrospect, it was sort of sweet of the girls to play along and not embarrass her.

1 hour ago, Perfect Xero said:

Jason, your mystery relative is not someone you dated!

TBor1c8.gif

Nice!  Well... he did get a bit of an indirect heads up since he already thought Spencer was his half sister, but still... Yay, Jason.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 2

I thought Aria was behind Nicole's original kidnapping, and if we could hear her inner monologue she'd be cursing out the rebels.  Aria: "All that money embezzled from Jason's Carassimi group and laundered through three off-shore accounts, and they can't even get a simple 'kidnap-kill-dismember' contract right!"  Pigtunia: "You should do it yourself!"  Aria:  "I know, I'm already plotting".

• Love 8
2 hours ago, lorikauai said:

Caleb and Mona tailing "Jenna" continue to look way too comfortable together. Maybe a little something with her between Hanna and Spencer? It would not surprise me considering how quickly he bounces from one woman to another. 

They wouldn't have had to go far to get a room.  I'd laugh my ass off if next season opens with them between the sheets. 

7 hours ago, abbottrabbit said:

Since this show is nothing but a silly eye roll at this point anyways they might as well do a flashback scene where all the parents are at a neighborhood key party. Let's just question everyone's paternity at this point. Oh and I bet it took place in the Hasting's guest house too. 

• Love 1

Since all of you covered all the gaping holes, I'm just going to be sartorially judge mental. These girls dressed better as high school students than they do as "successful professionals". As bad as some storylines might have been, at least they looked good. Also, I love how Paige reverted back to a high schooler after confronting Emily. She has lived in Cali for years, her family no longer lives in Rosewood, yet she rides a bike over instead of driving a rental like a normal adult.

• Love 5