Type keyword(s) to search

The Bridge in the Media

I hope we have at least a five episode rerun of last year  as a review!  I love the series but  you sure have to pay attention every week.  Think I will start to tape like I do Justified and replay the day of the new episode.

• Love 1
(edited)

Shapeshifter - I was on Zap2it.com which I use as my default tv guide.

Hrmmm...I see what you're seeing (I think): When you type The Bridge into the zap2it schedule search box, it shows an airing ...Edited. See below.

While looking on the FX site, I just noticed they had a mural contest for the show and now have some cool images posted from fans: http://www.thebridgemuralsfx.com/s/#!/gallery

Edited by shapeshifter

I'm not sure but I tried it again.  Go to Zap2it.com  Click on June 19.  Then click on 1 am central time here...  I might have read it wrong but this is what I found....

The Bridge
ID (Season 1, Ep 6)
Sonya bonds with a key witness from the case; Marco uncovers Sonya and Hank's past.
Destino  (Ep 7)
The EPPD corners their prime suspect; Charlotte questions Ray's intentions.
The Vendetta (Ep 8)
Sonya pursues a cold lead despite Marco's advice; Ray jeopardizes Charlotte's ranch.

If you click on the show name in the box where it's listed, you'll see the pic from that episode.  This is central time  FX HD.

I just don't want anyone to miss reconding it if I'm right.

Shapeshifter - thanks for the link.  I'm not sure if I want this series  to get any darker.  I'm already a bit tense when the show is on.  Sounds stupid but it does draw the viewer in!

FX has been advertising that date.  We were able to catch 3 episodes from season  1 a few weeks ago.  Hopefully they would run a Saturday or Sunday rerun of 4 - 5 episodes  before the opening of the new season.   I love reviews.

Just a heads up, I was checking my comcast listings and FX is showing the last 3 episodes in the wee hours of the morning on July 3rd. The listed time are:

• Episode 11 --  2:03am
  • Episode 12 -- 3:02am
  • Episode 13 -- 4:05am

I wish FX would just put the whole damn season On Demand.

Thanks for the update Hardy Har!  I checked on Zap2it and it is showing up there too for July 3rd 1 am Central time.  Can't they just run them on the hour instead of the odd minutes? 

I went up on Wiki and printed out the summery of the first season.  Just reading all the situations, the names, etc was an exercise in concentration!  I need the review.

NPR (National Public Radio) station WBEZ Chicago gave the show about a 15 second ad this morning. I thought it was odd that they said 10p.m. since this isn't in the Eastern Time Zone, but that might just mean the announcer is not a fan.

from Andy Greenwald at Grantland (who says this is the best show no one is watching):

It’s probably best to confront The Bridge’s ratings with that same, Sonya-style bluntness: They suck. Even FX, with its admirable stand against the outdated concept of overnights, can’t ignore the fact that less than a million people are watching this show on Wednesday nights. My guess is that the network will file this year away as an admirable experiment and gently pull the plug. I very much hope this is not the case. The Bridge has come into its own in this second season. It feels crackly and limitless in the way only the very best fiction can. It has been goofy and gruesome, over the top and remarkably restrained. It imbues every living character with the unpredictable strangeness some people call soul. And despite what Chopper said, it treats every death, even minor ones, as a hole torn into the universe. The Bridge isn’t a book, but it engages and haunts me like only the best of them do. Here’s hoping FX doesn’t force me to put it down anytime soon.

• Love 3

Cool little interview with Matthew Lillard.  He talks about his entire career, but the first part is a lot about The Bridge.  He talks about the audition process (interesting that it was Annabeth Gish who suggested he try out), how he had to fight for the role somewhat, and that originally, Daniel was suppose to actually die in Episode 10 (when he fell off the bridge), but they changed their mind, because they liked him so much.  Overall, a pretty good read, and he comes off like a pretty self-aware guy, when it comes to his career.

• Love 1

I just finished season 2 and was wondering about renewal.  I came across this article on what they have planned going forward.  I'm not sure if some of the commentary could be considered spoilery as it just talks in broad strokes about what they want to do with the show (and I love the basic idea there).  Anyhow, the show runner Elwood Reid says:

I’m a realist. The numbers aren’t there. I would love a third season. We won a Peabody Award. I think this is the kind of show that should be on the air. It’s telling a unique story, and it’s in Spanish, which not a lot of cable shows can point to doing that. Unfortunately, we’re being judged by the basic cable stick, where the numbers do matter.

Originally posted: http://seriable.com/bridge-season-3-4-plans-confirmed-fx-unhappy-numbers/#ixzz3FcFnv3Ry

• Love 1

Huh. I thought the Peabody might buy the show another season, even if this one had terrible ratings. I guess FX has enough going on to cut this show loose.

Pff. FX made enough from the summer Simpsons marathon for the next five years...

hey, at least they renewed the Tyrant and the Strain!

*silently barfs in a paper bag... *

p.s.
our last hope is that another network will pick it up. maybe along Longmire...

• Love 4

A shame. I liked S2 so much more than S1 (not that I didn't like S1) and it was one of the best things I watched over this summer. Yet The Strain survives for another year - I'm still trying to drag myself through the last couple of episodes and am not sure why I'm even bothering.

But, a lot of my enjoyment of S2 came from Franka Potente's character, and since she was killed off, maybe it's for the best. S3 might have dipped in quality.

Oh, you're right. Why did I think that? I wonder if she would've done a S3?

Maybe because her father was killed off? Don't know, but I agree with Lulee - s3 probably would have brought more killings and self-mutilation. Sad, cuz I liked a lot of the actors. C'est last vie.

• Love 2

hey, at least they renewed the Tyrant and the Strain!

*silently barfs in a paper bag... *

p.s.

our last hope is that another network will pick it up. maybe along Longmire...

I was going to "like" your entire post, but I tuned out of Longmire after one of the last few episodes with the concussion torture by child. Both shows would have to get back to their good beginnings to be worthy of continuing.

As disappointed as I am about this news, at least now I can tell myself that Fausto escaped and ran off to Norway to see the fjords. Maybe he and Bobby Cobb mend fences and have boats next to each other so they can be boat buddies.

I'll drink to that!