Type keyword(s) to search

S33: Adam Klein

Michel
  • Start Topic

I'm skeptical of an all winners season as well, mostly due to circumstances of people's lives. Though I would kinda love to see a season where Amber and Rob had to play against each other, lol.

Also agreed (can't seem to use the quote function on tablet!), that if any of the others listed, save Keith solely because he wasn't there ;), had won, those stories would have been played up.

However, that's not the edit that Adam's protesting, he's claiming that his strategic and social games were vastly superior to what was shown. Frankly, I think he's lucky that his social game/skill was lacking as it took the target off him, people thought he was annoying enough to bring to the end.

• Love 3

Though I would kinda love to see a season where Amber and Rob had to play against each other, lol.

For all the Lamber jokes, no personality and of course those who think she didn't deserve to win All-Stars, Amber is someone I would be interested in seeing play again. I like Rob but he should leave well alone with Survivor. But Amber is intriguing to me because her life and I imagine who she was was so different the two times she played. The first time she was 22 I think, right out of college and then in All Stars she was 25. 

She's now in her late 30's, married with four kids. These things change your perspective and sometimes can change your game. And the game has also evolved so much since she last played. Hidden immunity idols weren't even a thing yet. I know she's publicly shut the door on it years ago, basically saying that she got everything she could want out of the show but I would be curious to see her play again. 

Sorry, slightly off topic. Back to Adam and his winner interview tour that seems to be annoying everyone. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3

I think a winner's season will happen but there are some winners who will never go back which makes the pool smaller. Jeremy is one. Amber is another. Amber kinda knows that her win was lucky so she is satisfied and is done with Survivor. Esp with 4 kids all under 9 to take care of.

I would love Kim Spradlin to come back but she now has 3 kids....under 2. LOL!!! I can't imagine her leaving them anytime soon. Of course, Probst would "blame" an aborted All Winner season on the woman. He's so macho man that it's so embarrassing at this point. I think they should get as many winners they truly want and then add other winners they don't really want. The show would still be good. Even a bad season of Survivor is better then most of the junk on tv.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

However, that's not the edit that Adam's protesting, he's claiming that his strategic and social games were vastly superior to what was shown. Frankly, I think he's lucky that his social game/skill was lacking as it took the target off him, people thought he was annoying enough to bring to the end.

Right. Adam's issue wasn't that they featured his sob story. He certainly did not mind it as he called the loved ones visit episode as "his" episode.

This is me just nitpicking because I am annoyed but Adam's answers to what he wished was shown just confirmed what a Gamebot he is. When Bret, Jay and Dave did an interview together and were asked what they wished was shown, all three said they are quite happy with their edits and they only wish we had seen the lifestyle stuff like watching the sunrise together, Dave's DIY checkers board, Jay going spear fishing, etc. You know, like most normal people who have experienced an extraordinary lifestyle for a while. Not "my awesome gameplay and connections with people". Ironically, those three are the top social players of this season, JMHO. Adam is fortunate he is not sitting in the F3 with any of them.

Someone wrote in one of the episode threads that anyone who does the open-mouthed cry in front of the camera or people cannot be trusted. Now I totally get it.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

For all the Lamber jokes, no personality and of course those who think she didn't deserve to win All-Stars, Amber is someone I would be interested in seeing play again. I like Rob but he should leave well alone with Survivor. But Amber is intriguing to me because her life and I imagine who she was was so different the two times she played. The first time she was 22 I think, right out of college and then in All Stars she was 25. 

She's now in her late 30's, married with four kids. These things change your perspective and sometimes can change your game. And the game has also evolved so much since she last played. Hidden immunity idols weren't even a thing yet. I know she's publicly shut the door on it years ago, basically saying that she got everything she could want out of the show but I would be curious to see her play again. 

Sorry, slightly off topic. Back to Adam and his winner interview tour that seems to be annoying everyone. 

I don't think she'll ever play again precisely because of the Lamber stuff and the fact that most people think Rob handed her the spot at the finals in All-Stars, but it would be interesting. Much as the thought of a 5-time player doesn't thrill me, I still think it would be the most interesting Blood Vs Water-type showdown of all time if Rob and Amber had to play against each other. 

Right. Adam's issue wasn't that they featured his sob story. He certainly did not mind it as he called the loved ones visit episode as "his" episode.

This is me just nitpicking because I am annoyed but Adam's answers to what he wished was shown just confirmed what a Gamebot he is. When Bret, Jay and Dave did an interview together and were asked what they wished was shown, all three said they are quite happy with their edits and they only wish we had seen the lifestyle stuff like watching the sunrise together, Dave's DIY checkers board, Jay going spear fishing, etc. You know, like most normal people who have experienced an extraordinary lifestyle for a while. Not "my awesome gameplay and connections with people". Ironically, those three are the top social players of this season, JMHO. Adam is fortunate he is not sitting in the F3 with any of them.

I can't possibly sit through a full Adam interview to find out, but did he at any point mention why he thought the editors chose to leave all of his super awesome strategic and social game on the cutting room floor? He's not enough of a villain for the show to have been going for a Hatch-like "OMG, can't believe THAT guy won" ending, why wouldn't they want to put the eventual winner's path to winning into the show? 

in any case, he should probably back off of the critiques if he's really interested in playing again. Dan Foley could tell him a thing or two about what Probst thinks of people who bash the editing. ;)

• Love 1

I didn't listen but I think most would assume the editing minimized his game somewhat to make the blowout ending more suspenseful.  We all talk about the winner's edit giving away who wins.  I think the show tries to supply the story of a worthy winner but not a dull blowout, at the same time.    

He should be glad they showed him as worthy at all, I feel like.  Michele should've been so lucky. 

I don't think she'll ever play again precisely because of the Lamber stuff and the fact that most people think Rob handed her the spot at the finals in All-Stars, but it would be interesting. Much as the thought of a 5-time player doesn't thrill me, I still think it would be the most interesting Blood Vs Water-type showdown of all time if Rob and Amber had to play against each other. 

This is off topic for the thread so I'll respond in the Speculation and Guessing thread. 

This was a really good podcast, and while I don't think there are too many people who would be interested, it's worth it you still like Adam a little bit after his podcast tour. A lot of different anecdotes I hadn't heard. Still trying to rewrite that edit history, but he wouldn't be Adam if he wasn't!

At least I got an answer to one of my hypothetical questions: that Adam brought up his mother at final tribal council because he felt so confident in his win that he wanted to share his story with his "friends," and he wanted his mother to see that she was the reason he was on the show at that point in the first place.

(Also interesting that similar to what other posters had said, his family would've pulled him from the jury if he was voted off, but not if he made final 3.)

Rob gets Adam to talk about his mother at the end, and Rob shares details about his own family, and while it's hard to listen to, it's a genuinely nice moment for both of them.

http://robhasawebsite.com/adam-klein-survivor-winner-millennials-genx-interview-podcast/

17 hours ago, southpaw said:

I just started listening to Adam's interview on RHAP when he mentioned he had played the host on a YouTube video of The Mole Lake Tahoe in 2009.  If there are any Mole fans here, you might enjoy this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzRGwjbQzEE

well, i respect that he wants this to be competently edited but he really should finish it regardless.

10 hours ago, Eolivet said:

This was a really good podcast, and while I don't think there are too many people who would be interested, it's worth it you still like Adam a little bit after his podcast tour. A lot of different anecdotes I hadn't heard. Still trying to rewrite that edit history, but he wouldn't be Adam if he wasn't!

At least I got an answer to one of my hypothetical questions: that Adam brought up his mother at final tribal council because he felt so confident in his win that he wanted to share his story with his "friends," and he wanted his mother to see that she was the reason he was on the show at that point in the first place.

(Also interesting that similar to what other posters had said, his family would've pulled him from the jury if he was voted off, but not if he made final 3.)

Rob gets Adam to talk about his mother at the end, and Rob shares details about his own family, and while it's hard to listen to, it's a genuinely nice moment for both of them.

http://robhasawebsite.com/adam-klein-survivor-winner-millennials-genx-interview-podcast/

as always, i am always left with how calculating adam is. this was his fourth retrospective at the least and he is sobbing uncontrollably when talking about the end. also, i couldnt be arsed to check his interviews at the finale but i thought he said that he always intended to reveal the cancer bomb. he said he wasnt going to here tho.

4 hours ago, thehepburn said:

he is sobbing uncontrollably when talking about the end.

Yeah, but to be fair -- and something I don't think was clear on the other podcasts or the show -- he revealed here that he pretty much told his mother he won Survivor, and she died almost immediately afterwards ("like seconds," he said). So, if the two weren't inextricably linked before, they certainly were after that.

I can't hate on the guy for that. I just can't.

• Love 4

Some of y'all give him a bad rep saying that he was playing the sob card... I don't think that is true. I can't believe someone would say that Hannah or Keith deserved to win the game over Adam. That is crazy to me. I have watched season 33 about 30 times now, and every time I watch it I see more and more how hard Adam worked his butt off to win that game, and that's what matters to me. What effort you put forth has always been inspiring whether it be physical or strategy. He played his heart out during that game. What was he supposed to do? Not tell anyone ever that his mother was dying? He practically did do that, until the last moment he shared his story with the jury. But I feel as if they should have known, and that doesn't make Adam playing the dying mom card. It just makes him more of a classy dude in my opinion. It makes me annoyed when people say things like "his voice was annoying" like shut up you missed the point of survivor entirely. Anyways, he played a VERY strategic game, bottomline. 

I didn't think this should go anywhere but here, but congratulations to Adam for not only winning this award, but 1) bringing this award with him to Taylor's wedding to film his speech, 2) scripting his speech and 3) enlisting Jay (who gives a pretty competent supporting performance) to help him: