Type keyword(s) to search

Survivor in Other Countries

Kromm
  • Start Topic

Sam seemed to be going purely on what others told him about Nick - stupid.  And this whole good guys, deserving stuff is stupid imo as well. The girls are playing the game and have every right to do so whether they like them or not.  I liked Kate up until the whole good guys stuff and seeming to think only certain people have the right to play the game.

• Love 3

Well, Kristie just rocketed up to first place in my heart. From my read of her, she did that out of plain good heartedness. It will certainly have implications for her in the game, but I don't think she thought of that. I could be wrong. I'm in the US and don't necessarily understand your mysterious ways. Plus everybody hates everybody right now here in the US, so maybe an act of kindness just took me by surprise.

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 5:35 PM, TVbitch said:

Bummer for Nick, he loved the game. Still can't figure out what he ever did to Sam to generate that much disdain. I guess Sam would have made an open announcement if he had ever had an immunity idol clue or possession. Right. 

At least Nick will make the jury interesting. 

Yeah I was not getting the Nick hate at all.  I did not even view him as being a snake.  Though I think that one confessional where he was complaining about being called a snake was a little over the top.

I am a little annoyed that I did not get to see the Kate boot episode but it seemed to be uneventful anyway as I had pegged Kate to go when she went.

I do have to say I want Flick gone, the smug look on her face when Connor got voted out annoyed the hell out of me. 

Edited: Because I meant Nick not Sam.  I do not get why people think Nick is a snake. Also, I had to edit my edit because I put same instead of Sam.  This is what I get fro tying so late at night.

Edited by BK1978

That was a brutal stretch of three episodes. We're almost out of interesting characters at this point.

I went from not caring about Sam to actively disliking him. Somebody over at Reddit made a comparison to Andrew Savage and I totally see it. He seems to have the same king of absolutely irrational hatred for the smart, weak guy. Sam's the one calling people snakes while going around his alliance's back. My guess is Sam will be an incredibly bitter jury member. 

Once again, I wonder if Aussie niceness is really affecting people's gameplay. Why in the world would they let Sam get his way this time and not last time? I think it just came down that nobody wanted to say no to him. I imagine Brooke/El/Flick probably just screwed themselves letting Kristie and Sue slip by.  Nick had no option but to work with them while those two are numbers for Sam or Matt. 

I think we can say with some certainty now that letting Saanapu pick the tribes was a horrible, horrible mistake. We could be sitting right now with a merge of Craig, Andrew, Phoebe, Rohan, Connor, Nick. Now we'll have to rely on Lee, El, and JL for entertainment. Yay. 

• Love 2

I wonder what Sam thought of when it was implied that it was the girls that voted Kate off (and Connor). Guy is so fucking dense. The girls had the boys under their thumb. Kate already said it before she goes. It's like Craig said, who are here to play and who are here to 'play play'. Sam and Lee are just sitting ducks. At least Nick rocked the boat though, so it'll be interesting next week with Matt.

Well Kylie I think has got to be close to the dumbest player ever to make it this far into a game before. 

She flat out thought the original Saanapu tribe was still in an alliance, really Kylie really. 

Previews making it look like next ep is JL out the door for daring to not just go with whatever the bully three say. Looks like a boring end of the season watching Flick Brooke and El take everyone down one by one while for no apparent reason no one wants to do anything about it.

This show has some issues not least of them are challenges that are practically impossible for the men to actually win.  The only one that's been fair was the spinning ball. For The upside down hanging challenge men are to heavy same with the pole grip. This episode was even worse balance footholds so small lee couldn't barely even get his feet on, followed by a wobbly bridge so loose Sam was almost weighing it down to the ground. I know they are trying to create challenges where the men don't just dominate because of strength but the are overcompensating. 

Well their it is rant over, also my first post on this site. 

• Love 2

Ep 18. So many things...a few are conjectures.....

1. About what JL said to Matt.

First she sort of slagged on Nick by saying he's trouble, but see that what he said was true. She doesnt want to give him credit, but there're no mistakes that she's thankful that Nick tried to open people's eyes, thereby possibly opening opportunities for her game. A bit of two-face talk there, I feel. Clearly she doesnt like Nick, I think; noticed her wry smile when Nick was voted off. And clearly Nick's little talk with JL when she arrived at Saanapu damaged relations, even though Nick has a point. He just shouldnt be vindictive with her about it or better yet, just play it cool with her.

Here's the conjecture. I think maybe JL told other tribe mates how she felt she was treated by Nick during the talk, and that's the basis of why Sam is so not on with Nick. And Nick had his talk with Sue in front of everybody, and that just reinforced Sam's opinion of him.

2. About Lee being unhappy that Nick caused trouble, "threw everyone under the bus" at the previous tribal.

Remember when Craig said that who's here to play and who's here to "play play"? Lee definitely not here to play play. He even made everybody at exiled beach to not play play and look for the idol by being vocal about searching it together or not search for it at all;  which just falls into Brooke's plan.

Maybe becoz he's a retired cricketer so he doesnt need the money, but why isnt he, why wont he make plans for himself to get to the end, especially after Nick exposed the hierarchy, after Nick threw everyone under the bus? He's fine getting back in alliance with the girls. Is he genuinely unhappy with Nick exposing the hierarchy or was he never on good terms with Nick, even though he played nice and apologized about his behavior towards Nick at the previous tribal before his exit? Again, I think he's a bit two-face there.

What's there to be unhappy about? It's better to exposed the groups since only the girls are the only ones playing the game.

3. Lee and Sam. And Sam being the ultimate two-face here towards Nick in this episode.

These two guys are not here to play play. Sam also got back in alliance with the girls. Maybe he thinks Brooke, Flick and El are, in his words, "deserving" to win the title Sole Survivor. Well they definitely are, since they are the only one playing Survivor. Sam and Lee definitely doesnt "deserve" the title.

4. Kylie and her Saanapu alliance.

Just conjecture here. During the voting confessions, a lot of people mentioned that she played the game too hard. Does that mean she played the social game with her "Saanapu alliance" too hard or the challenges too hard? I find it weird if people calling her playing the game too hard if  just for being good at challenges. Remember how she tried to form an all girl alliance?

5. Matt

If you really watch a lot of Survivor, then grow a pair. You dont need people to like you. You just need to get along with people. To win the game, I mean. If you want people to like you, then it's a personal thing.

6. Overall

Overall, the mean girls still wins, maybe because due to the exile beach twist, that the outsiders cant form a group. They got Kylie out. The stupid boys doesnt mind being their bitches, even after the girls were exposed as sitting at the top of the heap. Nobody else except the girls are playing, and the outsiders are losing their chances if this goes on.

It's still a better season than the one where Boston Rob wins.

OMG, Kylie in her post vote taking head, something to the effect of: "I hope people wake up and start playing the game." HELLO. 

Agree only the 3 girls are playing full on, and I'm hard pressed to think anyone else even deserves to win at this point, on the grounds that they are just too damn lame. What the hell are Christy and Sue and JL even doing besides passively hoping to be drug along to 5th or 6th place?! And Matt lies down like a dog when Flick says "stay" and doesn't look for the idol, even though his gut is telling him he's in trouble. He's been conned the whole season, and he's supposed to be a freaking "mentalist!" Simon Baker would not be having it!    

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Catstorm said:

Well Kylie I think has got to be close to the dumbest player ever to make it this far into a game before. 

She flat out thought the original Saanapu tribe was still in an alliance, really Kylie really. 

Previews making it look like next ep is JL out the door for daring to not just go with whatever the bully three say. Looks like a boring end of the season watching Flick Brooke and El take everyone down one by one while for no apparent reason no one wants to do anything about it.

This show has some issues not least of them are challenges that are practically impossible for the men to actually win.  The only one that's been fair was the spinning ball. For The upside down hanging challenge men are to heavy same with the pole grip. This episode was even worse balance footholds so small lee couldn't barely even get his feet on, followed by a wobbly bridge so loose Sam was almost weighing it down to the ground. I know they are trying to create challenges where the men don't just dominate because of strength but the are overcompensating. 

Well their it is rant over, also my first post on this site. 

Both pole challenges have been on the US version before. The upside-down one was won by Terry in Panama, and Joe, Tyson, and Ozzy have all won the other one.

1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

OMG, Kylie in her post vote taking head, something to the effect of: "I hope people wake up and start playing the game." HELLO. 

Agree only the 3 girls are playing full on, and I'm hard pressed to think anyone else even deserves to win at this point, on the grounds that they are just too damn lame. What the hell are Christy and Sue and JL even doing besides passively hoping to be drug along to 5th or 6th place?! And Matt lies down like a dog when Flick says "stay" and doesn't look for the idol, even though his gut is telling him he's in trouble. He's been conned the whole season, and he's supposed to be a freaking "mentalist!" Simon Baker would not be having it!    

It's social mechanics. It's bad enough that Lee and Sam is not playing. It's bad enough that they go back to the girls. To make matters worse, Lee wants the group if they want to search together or not search for it together. It's like he doesnt understand that he's gonna get voted out sooner or later. You still have to get along with everybody. If Matt just walk off and search for the idol, at least 5 of them would be unhappy, Lee, Sam, and the 3 girls. And others still would vote with them, then you're the next target. Matt also has to consider his supposed safety sticking with the girls for now. If you do search for the idol, just openly talk to people and get the outsiders to vote with you, but that seems to be not something the Australians would even consider or thought of.

I would tell Kylie, though I personally would hate working with her, Sue, Kristie, and JL to vote with me in front of the girls and boys. There's no need to strategize in secret.

Edited by hyukx3

I wonder how they got the vote together.  I thought for sure Flick and Lee would have ended up throwing their votes at Matt.  Maybe that was misdirection on their part but Flick seemed pretty set on taking Matt out and it seemed that she would vote that way. 

This has nothing to do with anything but I have to say, Kylie has an amazing body.

3 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I wonder how they got the vote together.  I thought for sure Flick and Lee would have ended up throwing their votes at Matt.  Maybe that was misdirection on their part but Flick seemed pretty set on taking Matt out and it seemed that she would vote that way. 

This has nothing to do with anything but I have to say, Kylie has an amazing body.

I think Flick voted for Kylie. Brooke want Kylie out before Matt and since Flick cant strategize with Brooke coz she was on exiled beach, the smart thing for her to do is vote for Kylie. I remember Lee voted for Sue.

Poor Sue. I feel bad for these good players who kind of got screwed with that lop-sided teams pick based on one challenge win. That pretty much was the death toll for a lot of worthy players through no fault of their own. This season could have been really competitive if the teams had stayed more fair. 

PS. Matt is the worst "mentalist" I've ever seen! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Poor Sue. I feel bad for these good players who kind of got screwed with that lop-sided teams pick based on one challenge win. That pretty much was the death toll for a lot of worthy players through no fault of their own. This season could have been really competitive if the teams had stayed more fair. 

PS. Matt is the worst "mentalist" I've ever seen! 

It's going to be hilarious when Matt gets sent packing, maybe it's the editing but I can't fathom how he thinks Brooke Flick and El aren't in an alliance and that Sam and Lee are closest with each other. He has had multiple chances to really influence the game and just keeps going on with this delusional idea of Himself Flick Sam and Brooke as a final 4 alliance. 

Honestly if I was Sam and lee I would be looking to get one of the girls out right now probably Brooke as Flick can't win challenges, you can't let it get to 3 v 2 final 5 because if they don't win immunity it's over.

But nobody wants to make any moves in this game Sam has been told multiple times buddy your 5th in the pecking order right now and he seems to be just fine with that. 

• Love 1

I hate the fact that I find Brooke attractive and yet I really do not like her personality.  I want to see the three women broken up.  I would rather see Brooke or Flick go before El, because they seem more smug but El is really turning into a jerk as well, but I am fine with any of them going.

Part of me wonders if any of the guys even realize how to play the game.  Lee seems completely oblivious to me, especially with the comment about how they won ten challenges in a row and so they are going to stick together. 

Matt reminds me a lot of Sarah from the Challenge.  He is so desperate to be one of the "cool kids", that he is willing to tank his game for them.  He even said as much in that confessional were he was talking about not having very many friends.  Which I can totally relate to and it makes me want to cheer for him to do well because he reminds me a lot of myself.  However, I just cannot bring myself to do so because of the way he is playing.

Sucks to see Sue gone.  I would love to see someone like her, an older woman who kicks all sorts of ass, on the American version. 

• Love 1

I am so over this Australian Survivor now. After ep 19, I've now realized that it's not just the 3 girls, but it's the 3 girls and the 2 boys. This explains why Sam and Lee stuck with the girls. And Sue thinks El and Lee are tight. Maybe this goes way back to their Aganoa days when they formed their bond. If what Sue said is true, that it's Brooke and Flick together and El and Lee together, then Lee definitely made the cut. Maybe one side would recruit Sam to get the other side out, which could get Sam into top 4, or maybe not, who knows?

Matt has to be the densest guy to not see that he's not in the alliance.

The girls. How conceit they were when they were talking about JL. Saying stuff like 'she was on a good thing with us', 'tyring behind our back', 'we've kept her in', 'once you backstab me, im gonna backstab you'. It's like others are not allowed to play against them. Or others are only allowed to play the alliance's game, which is to quietly wait for your turn to be voted out by the alliance. Or like it's ok for me to vote you out, to lie to you, not talk to you all that, but it's not ok if you do it. I'll treat you nice like I do to Kristie, but you'll still get voted out eventually, but that's not backstabbing, baby.

These bitches need a lesson in humility. I just wanna reach across the screen and bitch slap all of them.

And Flick constantly making that ugly scowl face, it's really a turn off. And El also making those expression at tribal, like a scoff or eye roll or something. Bitches.

As for JL, she need to be diplomatic during tribal. Dont ever sour relations, these are jury members. She could've have express herself better at tribal regarding Matt.

As for Sam, saying that if JL is so smart, she and Nick would still be in this game, after saying that the 5 member alliance is like a prison cell, they wont let others a chance to play. What a fucking douche bag.

I hate them all, except JL, Sue. I miss Phoebe and Craig and Nick.

• Love 4

It's crazy but I think Kristie is actually going to win this thing. She'll probably be the swing vote at F5. Then she'll be near guaranteed F3. Then she's only one immunity win away from a very favorable jury towards her.

And while I want to see that happen, it's unfortunate that this post-merge has sucked. The, "pick your own tribe," twist was a horrible, horrible failure and I hope Australian Survivor in the future is more careful with their twists.  

• Love 3

Lol that was funny, Flicks time to make a move, the only move she just made was to eliminate any chance of winning a jury vote. 

Flick cant beat anyone left in the game in a jury vote, not even one. They all hate her which was probably only eclipsed by their hate for Brooke. 

She also took herself from 2nd in a 4 person alliance to 4th in a different 4 person alliance. Don't get me wrong I love that the game was shaken up a bit, but seriously how dumb is Flick zero chance of winning now. 

I agree, I loved watched it since seeing Brooke steamroll the game was boring as hell (though props to her), Flick was an idiot if she thinks she has a chance against Lee and El, when she would probably beat Sam and Matt in the finals. She at least had Brooke (and possibly Matt) with the chance of taking her to the final, but El and Lee are most likely going to take each other.

Jesus God. At this point the winner will be the one who has made the least dumbest moves.

Mentalist Matt, who says he's been playing and making subtle moves this whole time (?!?!) almost totally "lucked" himself into top 4. Can't wait to see him pull out the big mental guns to save himself now. 

Why is no one looking for an idol? Johnathon asks every time if someone has an idol, so wouldn't that indicate there was one out there somewhere? If they are no longer in play, why does Johnny ask, and if they are in play, why no clues popping up at rewards or anything. The idol thing has been very random.    

5 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Jesus God. At this point the winner will be the one who has made the least dumbest moves.

Mentalist Matt, who says he's been playing and making subtle moves this whole time (?!?!) almost totally "lucked" himself into top 4. Can't wait to see him pull out the big mental guns to save himself now. 

Why is no one looking for an idol? Johnathon asks every time if someone has an idol, so wouldn't that indicate there was one out there somewhere? If they are no longer in play, why does Johnny ask, and if they are in play, why no clues popping up at rewards or anything. The idol thing has been very random.    

Their was the idol on exile beach that Flick wouldn't let anyone search for, no one found it and they haven't gone back but technically it's still in play. 

Why was Matt even in that challenge?  He was already going so there really was no point for him to take part in it.  Well I mean obviously the producers probably wanted the other castaways to see his answer but still. 

Also, what is up with these non-elimination episodes?  Yeah the non-vote out was cool because it had never been done before but the rest have seemed pointless.

I had to laugh when Flick said besides Matt she was the best strategist.  Unless she was playing dumb, she did not even realize that she is playing for third if she went to the finals with El and Lee.  From what I saw I do not think she was playing dumb and therefore the thought did not even cross her mind until Matt and Sam brought it up.

Also, per the second half of the Reward Challenge it would seem that Sam might be the best final two goat.  I personally thought it would be either Flick or Kristie but perhaps that is not the case.

Why is nobody even thinking about Lee's advantage when they are talking about the vote?

One more thing, Lee sort of reminds me of Tom Westman in regards to his reaction towards Sam (Who I guess would be Ian in this case).  The, "How dare you try to vote me out!", way of thinking. 

Edited by BK1978

How did this show end up how it is. Everyone was playing so well, and now everyone wants to sit next to El in the final? WHY? So you can come in 2nd?

I'm trying to figure out how Sam got both most deserving and least deserving. I could see least since everyone seems to be hating him - probably Lee/El/Flick after the fall out of Brooke being voted out. But most which probably came down to a 2 majority, with the other votes split across the board, I doubt Kristie and Matt would have both voted for him - but I also assume he can't vote for himself so they must have? 

They might as well hand the money to El at this point. Everyone else there seems to want to do so.

• Love 2

Oh Myyyyyyy - over on Survivor Original everyone is freaking out about a "power couple" that has to be split up!!!!!! by episodes 2 and 3 - here we will just keep them together till the end because we are soooooo strategic that way.

I just can't ...

Oh and I guess Matt for the win? coz Kristie annoys the heck out of me

I can't figure out what Flick is trying to do, she can't win from here so is she just happy finishing 3rd or 4th. 

This is literally it for the other 3, team up to get lee or el out or it's game over. 

Unless Flick or Kristie think they can win the last immunity lol, and even then they would need to take Lee or el to FTC and they would definitely lose. 

Nothing Matt can do he needs the two girls to wise up or it's game over for him. 

• Love 1

Is it just me or does this season feel like it has been going on forever. Remember Bianca? No, I don't either.

I confess I didn't watch the last two episodes carefully but I really don't understand what is going on. I don't think anyone can beat Lee in a final and Lee is locked in with El. I don't understand why El wasn't voted out last episode and I don't understand why she's still there in final 4. I also don't understand why anyone falls for this nonsense about "we're good people so you should stick with us" bullshit. Nobody goes on this show to make friends.

At this point I actually want Flick to win because it would be such a loud "fuck you" to the "good people", Lee and El. I hope Lee and El are together IRL because there is clearly no one else good enough for either of them.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, zibnchy said:

Is it just me or does this season feel like it has been going on forever. Remember Bianca? No, I don't either.

I confess I didn't watch the last two episodes carefully but I really don't understand what is going on. I don't think anyone can beat Lee in a final and Lee is locked in with El. I don't understand why El wasn't voted out last episode and I don't understand why she's still there in final 4. I also don't understand why anyone falls for this nonsense about "we're good people so you should stick with us" bullshit. Nobody goes on this show to make friends.

At this point I actually want Flick to win because it would be such a loud "fuck you" to the "good people", Lee and El. I hope Lee and El are together IRL because there is clearly no one else good enough for either of them.

Mostly it's all kristie and flicks fault, every time their is a crucial move to be made they refuses to make it. 

Kristie in particular, el would have been gone last episode if kristie didn't run back into camp crying about muh morals which spooked Flick. 

This episode it's just inept strategy, Kristie and Flick can't beat lee or el in an immunity challenge so unless they force a split in final 4 which they won't because Lee and El will declare one of them as 3rd and whoever they pick (most likely Kristie) will go right along with it. 

Its really quite frustrating watching people without even a semblance of tactical thought like Kristie get this far in Survivor. 

• Love 1

Lee and El frankly disgust me. The way they have manipulated/used Kristy while sitting up on a high horse acting like they're heroes and everyone else is a villain is really maddening. And the way Lee treats Kristy is really gross. I hope Kristy is super embarrassed of herself watching this.

I don't want to see any of these people win. This season started out amazingly and it went downhill so fast and now we're left with an absolutely horrible F3.

Looks like it'll be an awesome final IC though. Too bad everyone left sucks so I don't give a fuck what the outcome is lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

I kind of liked (as a person, not as a winner)  Lee until he started treating Kristy like a dim witted child. Kristy is awkward and weird, but she appears to embrace it. It doesn't make her a lesser person, it makes her more interesting. (I should not that I am also awkward and possibly weird.) Lee and El are condescending  asshats. Kristy or Flick for the win.

• Love 4

Yep I just don't even care anymore, lee or el will win and really its Flicks own fault. 

Had she stuck with Brooke she would certainly have made top 3 probably top 2, but no she had to "make a move" just for the sake of it.  

The self righteous attitude of Lee and El is a massive turnoff. 

Kristy is just a flat out moron, zero chance of winning even if she flukes an immunity win. 

That seems to be a theme of this season, who is the biggest dumbass that can sabotage their own game to the greatest degree. 

• Love 2

Good Lord. Well I can't stand Lee or El either, but neither Flick nor Kristie really deserves it. They've just been too stupid. If I am forced to choose, Lee probably deserves it more because of his Jedi mind tricks over Kristie and for staying in the game so long despite being the biggest threat. Both he and El had a pretty easy ride to the end, thanks to their oddly loyal minions. ... ... Is it too late to vote to for Craig? 

• Love 2

Quick question, as someone who is watching this from the States is there anywhere that I can go to legally watch this?  I had been watching it on YouTube but I guess they really cracked down on there over the copyright issue because all of the episodes have been removed.  The last episode I saw was Brook's elimination episode and so I really want to watch the entire season.  The very same thing happened to me with BBCAN season four and so I just really want to see how things turn out, instead of reading how they turn out.

1 hour ago, BK1978 said:

Quick question, as someone who is watching this from the States is there anywhere that I can go to legally watch this?  I had been watching it on YouTube but I guess they really cracked down on there over the copyright issue because all of the episodes have been removed.  The last episode I saw was Brook's elimination episode and so I really want to watch the entire season.  The very same thing happened to me with BBCAN season four and so I just really want to see how things turn out, instead of reading how they turn out.

You could watch it on channel 10s official website but you would need to get around Geo-locking. Not that hard and it's free to watch as well. 

Also if anyone cares Australian survivor just got renewed for a second season. 

• Love 1

Jokes on us Kristy won  

the Jury was bitter about Lee's self righteous attitude. 

Just wow a player that did literally nothing for 55 days wins Survivor, sigh lol. 

Mind you Lee went to the Amanda school of FTC and sat their apologizing the entire time. 

While at the same time Kristy concocted the biggest fabrication of strategy I've ever seen at a FTC, and they bought it. 

• Love 1

I've stopped watching after JL got voted out. I did read the news about who got voted out and they have players' comments right? That Lee was still insufferable with his moral BS comments, about how he was disappointed with Sam.

Anyway, last tribal was lame. Lame questions, lame answers. That El ask Lee how he would spend the money. Then she ask Kristie what credit she deserves that she made it to the end. The bias is not even hidden.

Kristie is so delusional about how she think she make moves.

Sam shaking his head when Nick was talking. What is his deal? Fuck Sam. Fuck El, Fuck Lee. So much for the aussies being the good guys. Everybody is bad in their own ways. Gotta really look at yourself in the mirror.

Lee saying sorry he said this, he said that. Sorry that he brought up money regarding JL, sorry about being the morality police. Saying sorry is just LIP SERVICE!! It's not about saying sorry for what you said, it's about what you think. He can say sorry but he still think the same way.

I thought of it, had the impression watching the series, is that Lee judges others. Nick brought it up. Lee just said sorry. Sorry doesnt cut it. If he just think that you can win being honorable and truthful, that's fine. We've seen people like that won in the US series. I can only think of Fabio. Maybe that korean guy as well but I didnt watch his season.

Anyway, just dont judge people that want to play by lying, cheating and backstabbing. I wish that Nick would follow up with this issue and not let Lee just say sorry and be gone.

• Love 2

Kristy smoked that final challenge and the final TC. Her answers were very well thought out and very well presented. The fact is: Kristy outplayed them all. She should have gone home almost every week. Don't be all butthurt because your moral majority twins Lee and El didn't win. Give me one good reason why El, other than her connection with Lee, should have been there in final 2. Lee was a comp beast, I will give him that. But he poisoned his chances with his holier than thou attitude.

Kristy is a great surprise at the end of a very long season. I hope she has a wonderful life.

Here's an article about Kristy:

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/reality/australian-survivor-winner-kristie-bennett-had-fans-fooled-into-thinking-it-impossible-20161025-gsai8b.html

<quote from article>"She said the strategy and psychology of it all drew her in and she studied the show's challenges, read all the books, took up yoga, went to the gym, studied advertising and cognitive behaviour theory in preparation."</quote>

She worked for the win. I wish more Americans would do this before coming on the show.

I should probably start spelling her name correctly. Great job Kristie!

Edited by zibnchy
to add stuff like the link
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, zibnchy said:

Kristy smoked that final challenge and the final TC. Her answers were very well thought out and very well presented. The fact is: Kristy outplayed them all. 

This. Also, I agree with your whole post.

I was rooting for Kristie after Phoebe left, but then I was put off by her seemingly letting Lee lead her around by the nose. But, her final IC and FTC performances really shocked me in a good way and I was really happy to see her win. And, more so than that, I was really happy to see Lee (and El) lose. 

This season started out amazingly, took a swift nose dive about half way through, and provided a very satisfying ending for me. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

What a brutal and epic final challenge.  And I thought final tc was great except for El - really, what?  And Kristie, wow, she sure showed me, way more brains than I gave her credit for.  What guts at the final challenge and I thought she presented and expressed herself just right to get votes at the final tc.  Lee looked shocked to me at how she was expressing herself - I was.  I thought it was a fantastic ending to a season that I really liked at the beginning, dipped for me in the middle and then ended with a bang.

• Love 5