Type keyword(s) to search

Hired Friends: Whitney's Social Barnacles

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Irate Panda said:

Is Buddy living with Whitney?

I also wonder if Buddy is still a "guest" -- or, perhaps now, a tenant again -- in Twit's Greensboro house. Twit herself seems to be living 100% in a rental apartment in Charlotte.

• Love 1
(edited)

Is the new guy Severinwhatever considered a barnacle? Is a barnacle some that leeches onto Whitney for monetary gain, “fame” or just a universal term we use for the people in her life since she’s the mothership so to speak?

Edited by Irate Panda
16 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Is the new guy Severinwhatever considered a barnacle? Is a barnacle some that leeches onto Whitney for monetary gainer “fame” or just a universal term we use for the people in her life since she’s the mothership so to speak?

We are supposed to believe he is her boyfriend. It seems that she met him through Ryan. It has yet to be determined if it’s a real relationship or another one created for the show. It looks like real or not he’s going to be on the show at least some so I think that makes him a barnacle. If we find out it’s a real relationship, he has a real (not TLC) job, and he is only on the show a little and only because of his relationship with Whitney - then maybe he can lose the barnacle label.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'd say @3girlsforus is right on the mark, @Irate Panda. None of these ppl are making much money, so I think of barnacles in terms of how much time they are willing to spend with her, on the show & post-production. That said , Ryan is still someone who's a barnacle even tho he hasn't been on the show yet. Chase (severinbro7), probably. Jon, probably not, even if he makes a fleeting appearance or two.

Speaking of money, Heather has made a couple of comments recently, saying she gets "a small stipend" which is not nearly enuf to live on. Yet it seems apparent Buddy is doing just that. And was Tal able to buy a house bc of his MBFFL pay? Are the men in the show making more money than the women?

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Dot said:

I'd say @3girlsforus is right on the mark, @Irate Panda. None of these ppl are making much money, so I think of barnacles in terms of how much time they are willing to spend with her, on the show & post-production. That said , Ryan is still someone who's a barnacle even tho he hasn't been on the show yet. Chase (severinbro7), probably. Jon, probably not, even if he makes a fleeting appearance or two.

Speaking of money, Heather has made a couple of comments recently, saying she gets "a small stipend" which is not nearly enuf to live on. Yet it seems apparent Buddy is doing just that. And was Tal able to buy a house bc of his MBFFL pay? Are the men in the show making more money than the women?

I have a feeling that if Jon had his "druthers," he'd "druther" Tal distanced himself from Twit and her barnacles.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Dot said:

It wouldn't surprise me. But I guess it's also possible that single men could make do with a stipend that wouldn't support a couple of kids as well.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, Dot said:

It is possible they have to pay the guys more just to get them to get up close and "personal" with the Twit. If I was a guy, you'd have to pay me a lot to pretend to be her boy friend/best friend or Bae! Makes my skin crawl just to think of it!

Edited by Gramto6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

It seems that Buddy is once more trying his hand at stand-up comedy. He 's apparently appearing at open-mike night at a couple of comedy clurbs. There's no indication that he's getting paid for his efforts. (Nor is there any indication he has any job whatsoever.) Since it's doubtful he's gonna become the next Seinfeld, I assume he's back on the boards becuz the scriptwriter couldn't figure out how else to make him seem interesting. He's as much a bore as Heather is.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Dot said:

It seems that Buddy is once more trying his hand at stand-up comedy. He 's apparently appearing at open-mike night at a couple of comedy clurbs. There's no indication that he's getting paid for his efforts. (Nor is there any indication he has any job whatsoever.) Since it's doubtful he's gonna become the next Seinfeld, I assume he's back on the boards becuz the scriptwriter couldn't figure out how else to make him seem interesting. He's as much a bore as Heather is.

I am impressed that you resisted any comment about the club being called the Idiot Box. LOL

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Does anybody know what this new boyfriend does for a living? I read he was in finance, but it seems like they’re traveling quite a bit to have a regular 9-5 job.  Heather seems to have a regular job, but fits in filming.  Does anybody know how long they shoot for?  Todd and Tal seem to be in more flexible scheduled jobs and well Buddy is Buddy.  Also for anybody that regularly looks at the instastories, is the “boyfriend” ever in them?

59 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Does anybody know what this new boyfriend does for a living? I read he was in finance, but it seems like they’re traveling quite a bit to have a regular 9-5 job.  Heather seems to have a regular job, but fits in filming.  Does anybody know how long they shoot for?  Todd and Tal seem to be in more flexible scheduled jobs and well Buddy is Buddy.  Also for anybody that regularly looks at the instastories, is the “boyfriend” ever in them?

I looked at his FB page, and all his employment entries were "former" this or that. 

• Useful 1
On 7/26/2019 at 7:49 PM, Colleenna said:

I looked at his FB page, and all his employment entries were "former" this or that. 

That's the type Whitney goes for unemployed and a deadbeat! 😔

• LOL 3

Well, to be fair, her pool of choice is fairly limited. Or should that be, the producers' pool of choice? Hard working, financially successful men in their thirties who are intelligent, educated, fit, healthy, attractive, socially adept, of good character, heterosexual, available, and interested in forming a long term relationship have lots of options. Why choose a vulgar, exhibitionistic, barely educated, infertile, loud, bossy, whiny woman who sweats a lot and brags about it, pees in a shared hot tub and brags about it, farts in her dance partner's face and brags about it, dresses inappropriately for nearly all occasions, and is demanding and self-centered to the point of clinical narcissism?  How much would you have to pay the man in the first category to pretend to be in love with the woman in the second category?  On a televised "reality " show? I'm envisioning something like the budget of the next space flight to Mars, to even get him to consider it!  What - would he agree to take Whitney to professional events? Home to meet his parents? Imagine what the producers would dream up if they had a quality man for Whitney to exploit for the show! Anyone they pitched it to would run so fast you wouldn't see him for the blur.

The Lennies, Buddies and Chases of the world, though . . .

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Well, to be fair, her pool of choice is fairly limited. Or should that be, the producers' pool of choice? Hard working, financially successful men in their thirties who are intelligent, educated, fit, healthy, attractive, socially adept, of good character, heterosexual, available, and interested in forming a long term relationship have lots of options. Why choose a vulgar, exhibitionistic, barely educated, infertile, loud, bossy, whiny woman who sweats a lot and brags about it, pees in a shared hot tub and brags about it, farts in her dance partner's face and brags about it, dresses inappropriately for nearly all occasions, and is demanding and self-centered to the point of clinical narcissism?  How much would you have to pay the man in the first category to pretend to be in love with the woman in the second category?  On a televised "reality " show? I'm envisioning something like the budget of the next space flight to Mars, to even get him to consider it!  What - would he agree to take Whitney to professional events? Home to meet his parents? Imagine what the producers would dream up if they had a quality man for Whitney to exploit for the show! Anyone they pitched it to would run so fast you wouldn't see him for the blur.

I had started a post saying the same thing but you are so much more eloquent!!

• Love 3
On 7/30/2019 at 2:04 PM, Ketzel said:

I had totally forgotten about that , you’d think she be mortified.  Nope not our Whitney.  Todd should get hazard pay.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I had totally forgotten about that , you’d think she be mortified.  Nope not our Whitney.  Todd should get hazard pay.

Lordy I had forgotten it too. I try really hard not to fart outside of my own home, and lemme tell you, as a vegetarian, that can be a challenge. Lots of beans plus other high-fiber foods =gas. 

Something is seriously wrong, mentally, with her. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I’d imagine so, I can’t imagine he’s making any kind of real money with his comedy yet.

He could have put a minimum amount down and have big monthly payments or the next five years. Or maybe he will use the car to be an Uber or Lyft driver or drive for Postmates or UberEats.

• Useful 2

Maybe it's the dark shirt or the camera angle which doesn't show his gut, but Buddy looks like he's lost considerable weight. Not living with Twit may have been a blessing.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Dot said:

Maybe it's the dark shirt or the camera angle which doesn't show his gut, but Buddy looks like he's lost considerable weight. Not living with Twit may have been a blessing.

Cutting out the empty calories in alcohol does wonders. And maybe, unlike Twit, he actually exercises. 

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Cutting out the empty calories in alcohol does wonders. And maybe, unlike Twit, he actually exercises. 

He's actually big on bicycle riding.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Dot said:

Note the addition of 2 new barnacles.

So I guess if Tal's boyfriend and Whitney's "boyfriend" show up in any of the episodes, they'd be, like "Friend of A Barnacle," the way the Real Housewives shows have "Friends of A Housewife" as a category of people who make appearances?

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Heather looks good.

My understanding is that she’s spending most of her time with a real job and her kids - so not with Whitney. That is bound to make anyone look better. 

And yes - I agree she looks good. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

They are in this photo from Ryan’s IG

Ryan- TLC $$$ Cha-Ching!

Buddy- They better not cut my pay because of the new people, I just bought my ass a car.

Heather- Can I stop smiling yet?

Glenn- This wasn’t how I pictured my life.

Babs- She’s blocking my good side.

Tal- I wonder what John’s making for dinner?

Hunter- I wonder if I can crop everybody out and use this as my headshot?

Todd- I’m smiling because I’m handing the chub rub lotion over to Chase

Ashley- Diapers are expensive

Jessica- Who says Dad’s the only one that can shill the family business?

Whitney- They all love me!

*Just kidding......I’m sure they’re all great friends with a loving mutually-respectful  friendship. 😂 

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Colleenna said:

So do any of you follow Chase on IG? (I don't use IG.) I've peeked at his page. You would think that if Twit was actually his gf, he would post pictures of them together....

I don’t follow his page but when I saw it, it mostly seems like a lot of pictures of drinking and alcohol. Maybe he’s not an active user or it will pick up when he gets on the show. I agree based on what I last saw I’d think he was single.

• Love 2

My thoughts on Glenn and Babs vacillate.  Sometimes I think they get a big kick out of being on the show, especially Babs.  Glenn, I think enjoys the relief of the financial burden it takes off of him having to provide for his grown child(ren). However, I have to believe they are somewhat mortified that their friends and acquaintances get a prime view of Whitney’s absurdities and raunchiness.

The show itself provides enough embarrassment:  peeing in hot tubs, farting in Todd’s face, being splayed out begging Todd to apply ointment, asking her “bosses” to feel her butt during an interview, etc., then you throw in the online antics of pregnancy test photos, see-thru bra Thanksgiving, dry humping a plastic skeleton, I could go on forever. Do you think Babs and Glenn are mortified by the behavior, but enable it anyway, or do you think they really don’t see how looney this is?

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 8

Pure & simple, I think both Glenn & Babs are fame whores. They wouldn't have gone forth & put a reality show "interview" on YouTube as their daughter did. But I think they were thrilled when TLC waved a contract in front of them. If Bravo had a Elderly Real Housewives of Greensboro, Babs would jump on it.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

Do you think Babs and Glenn are mortified by the behavior, but enable it anyway, or do you think they really don’t see how looney this is?

I do believe that secretly they are mortified (hence Babs's snark) but have sold their dignity for thirty pieces of silver.

• Love 8

When people are saying Whitney’s “boyfriend” got arrested a couple of years ago are they talking about Chase or they referring to Buddy’s old arrest?  I guess I should include any other male remotely connected to Whitney since her fans constantly call these men her “boyfriend”?  *I don’t know that anyone got arrested except for Buddy and Im not even sure if those charges were dropped.  Speaking of Buddy did he address his arrest on the show while going through his history of troubles? Also, didn’t Whitney say she lent Avi money? Did she ever talk about legal remedies to get it back?  Please correct me if I’m not remembering that correctly.

Eta: When Buddy disappeared during the RV trip and Whitney and the gang are worried he’s fallen into his old habits, if this scene is real (who knows with this show), would the show have been held responsible for Buddy’s erratic driving since they knew his history and didn’t step in or would Buddy just have been held responsible?   I’m not saying Buddy was under the influence of anything, I have no idea.  The same question can be posed if Buddy just has road rage, while driving the RV.  Is Buddy responsible if there’s an accident or the show since he’s driving it for the show?  

Edited by Irate Panda
Added more questions

Eta: When Buddy disappeared during the RV trip and Whitney and the gang are worried he’s fallen into his old habits, if this scene is real (who knows with this show), would the show have been held responsible for Buddy’s erratic driving since they knew his history and didn’t step in or would Buddy just have been held responsible?   I’m not saying Buddy was under the influence of anything, I have no idea.  The same question can be posed if Buddy just has road rage, while driving the RV.  Is Buddy responsible if there’s an accident or the show since he’s driving it for the show?  

I don't know the legal ins and outs but I do know that the show, the production company and the network all have deeper pockets than Buddy does (a baby kangaroo has deeper pockets than Buddy). Were I the victim of Buddy's driving, I'd be looking to sue/settle with them before I'd bother going after him. I'd think it could cause enough of a nuisance that the involved parties would want to avoid it, regardless of what the outcome of a criminal and/or civil legal proceeding might be.

• Love 2
On 8/27/2019 at 10:42 PM, Irate Panda said:

When people are saying Whitney’s “boyfriend” got arrested a couple of years ago are they talking about Chase or they referring to Buddy’s old arrest?  I guess I should include any other male remotely connected to Whitney since her fans constantly call these men her “boyfriend”?  *I don’t know that anyone got arrested except for Buddy and Im not even sure if those charges were dropped.  Speaking of Buddy did he address his arrest on the show while going through his history of troubles? Also, didn’t Whitney say she lent Avi money? Did she ever talk about legal remedies to get it back?  Please correct me if I’m not remembering that correctly.

I seem to recall that in 2017, one or two of the more dramatic of the online gossip sites breathlessly reported that Lennie Alehat had been arrested in 2008 for DWI and assault on a police office/resisting arrest.

Generally speaking, an employer can be held responsible for the negligence of an employee, if the employee was acting within the scope of his employment when the negligence happened.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 1

I hardly use SM but what is it with this gang and oversharing on SM.  Buddy post a pic of him in the shower (don’t worry from the shoulders up) but WHY??  These people are way too old to be acting this way.  Heather and Tal’s posts I mostly understand.  Ashley and Todd really just seem in it for the check so I don’t know if they rarely post or I just don’t see it because I’m hardly on it. Penis flutes, shower pics, gyrating with skeletons, guess they gotta keep that TLC $ money rolling in.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

I hardly use SM but what is it with this gang and oversharing on SM.  Buddy post a pic of him in the shower (don’t worry from the shoulders up) but WHY??  These people are way too old to be acting this way.  Heather and Tal’s posts I mostly understand.  Ashley and Todd really just seem in it for the check so I don’t know if they rarely post or I just don’t see it because I’m hardly on it. Penis flutes, shower pics, gyrating with skeletons, guess they gotta keep that TLC $ money rolling in.

They do it because that's what pre-teens do. Buddy and Whitney are stuck at age 12. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

He has a pretty vile hashtag along with that post. 

• Love 1

I like Tal. He's the only one of the barnacles who's never done anything offensive that I can recall.

On his IG page he's asking his fans to vote for his sister's dog in a magazine contest. So I did! (The dog is a beautiful fox hound which is obviously well-cared for.)

If you too want to vote, go to his IG page. The link to the contest is a random bunch of letters begining with wshe...

• Love 1

I voted....that dog is ADORABLE!!

ETA: I also think Tal is the most palatable of the barnacles.  I actually don’t mind Ashley or Todd too much.  She’s hardly on and he’s about the only one to snark on Whitney’s behavior. I like that Heather seems to actually have a life outside of the show.  I still don’t understand the Buddy thing or the Donna secrecy.  Glenn is an enabler and Babs seems like a less annoying version of Whitney sometimes. Buddy makes me wonder if there is a man shortage in NC since all these women “fight” over him. Ryan and Chase, I’ll reserve judgement until I see them on the show.

Edited by Irate Panda
ETA my take on the barnacles
  • Love 1

Apparently, Chase is off to Paris today.

So, where's Twit? (Surely, this isn't the Big Trip that Twit & squad usually take in October. I can't see TLC paying for an excursion like that.)

What does Chase do for income, anyone know? He seems to be on permanent vacay: WVA, New Orleans, now Paris. Hiring on as Twit's putative BF can't pay that well, can it?